New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364996 members (4 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > happy in your job!

See newest message in thread

happy in your job!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Guy's i know this is a bit run of the mill.....but thought id try this one as i hate my bloody job! have a bully of a manager who treats everyone like shit!......how about you xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *havvie80  (M)  over a year ago

My boss is a total asshole but hey go in do your hours and think of the pay cheque in todays climate we should be grateful to have money coming in i personally couldnt imagine not working

"My boss is a total asshole "

That must be a dream job for a top Chavie

Hooray! im not alone know the climate is bad and should be grateful but todays boss!....ARESHOOOLE!!! xxxx

Ah my boss is a nice man. He knows that despite the current climate that you can still be nice, fair and firm.

Can we swap please! xx

I've been on the sick for 16 weeks and on moanday i have to go back to a job i f**king HATE

Well put it this way. If you can work then you should even if you need to be supported. Unfortunately there's no magic tree that grows money to pay for social security.

Frankly, part of the responsibility of a boss is being an arsehole. And,anyone who has made the change from management to leadership will appreciate this somewhat.

The trick is in showing you are being an arsehole for all the right reasons i.e. to be a market leader and keep everyone under you in a job and pension (industry perspective) or, to provide the best quality of service and make a difference in people's lives (public service perspective).

Ofcouse, there are some bosses who are arseholes because they have a 1 inch penis when erect, they are secretly in love with you, and are jealous of you getting more sex than they are getting pay rises.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *isexualperson   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

We all have off days when, you wish you were somewhere else, but in reality, we are nearly all economic slaves. We all need money to live, but it’s the standard of living that set ourselves, that dictates our need to work.

In today’s climate where been able to change jobs is not easy and should be grateful you have one. There plenty out there waiting to take your place

So you’re either trapped in the economic slave trade or you drop your standard of living.

You can buy a lotto ticket and pray.

I quit the rat race last year and now run my own business. It was a big step and not without its own anxieties. Income is half what it was (for the time being) but I have never been happier. I now realise how much I hated that day job, how pointless it was, and that I could never ever go back to it.

Running your own business is challenging and has pressure but I love working for my self and being my own boss - so if I am an arsehole I am only one to myself ha ha!

Seriously guys if any of you, like I once did, hate your job but have an interest or hobby you love (no not THAT one ha ha!) think about making a living out of it. It is a big step but liberating.

"Can we swap please! xx "

Piss off!

I know a boss has to do a job in hard times. I respect someone who is nice, firm and fair. I guess managing is hard but if you can manage without people hating you then all credit to you.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *lhands  (M)  over a year ago

I love my job,I get to spend night in saunas in places like carlisle,edinburgh,newcastle and night in my hotel massaging,caressing ,sucking,wanking and rimming kl guys.Oh occassionaly I dosome deliveries in between times

I believe a true leader leads by example you either lead or follow im a follower and respect a manager who also respects!

It cant be easy being the manager but it is the life choosen what i really mean is you get paid more! just look after your workers!xxxx

Happy Days be like fonzy! eeeehhhh

Lead by example, Tell them why you do things and why you are being hard or firm and you will carry staff with you. Treat them like shit, don't communicate and then you will be an arsehole. Sometimes though you just have to be mr nasty and live with it.

I started as a one man band and now employ lots of people, it is not always easy being a boss

Well Tonycam - I can see it being difficult job to do. Most bosses are quite decent people and it shows.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

I'm stuck in the middle.I'm a manager and therefore a boss.I try to be fair but some of the employees drive me to despair with either stupidity or their work-shy attitude.I have to answer to a board of directors who are basically ok and leave me alone but some of them are clueless.At times the job drives me mad but I have stuck it for 7 years now.

I must say, and probably rarely for someone of my age, i am relatively happy with the job i have. its based around the things i love, cars and its such a relaxed and happy place to be. Its only a relatively small business but even in the time i have been there it has grown dramatically, so fingers crossed it will keep going that way. Just goes to show i guess, find the right place and you can be happy even in a climate like this, that job will be out there somewhere.

Strange but the job i loved the most was perhaps one of the hardest it was deckhand on a deep sea trawler. worked 18 hours a day in feezing conditions in weather that you would not believe. the death rate and injury were very high yet i loved it. perhaps it ws the guys i worked with or maybe those 3 days in dock after 3 weeks at sea. money in my pocket lived the life of a king for those thre days. when the industry folded worked on shore based work but never enjoyed even though i earnt decent money but shore workers just seemed to be people that moaned about nothing and were never happy with there lot.

I started my own buisness with my partner 12 years ago and what pisses us off more than anything is staff who have been working at this site longer we have owned it still make fundermental mistakes.

You therefore re train them and for a couple of weeks they are fine then they slip back into the was however they forget every mistake is money out of our pockets.

Must be great never to make mistakes.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *azzer  (M)  over a year ago

I like my job, except when there are pissheads, football, racing fans, all dicking about, generally 95% of passengers are good. Basically I'm my own boss.

Probably going to have the 'get off your arse and find one' brigade on my back,but I'd be grateful for ANY job right now

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ndyBath  (M)  over a year ago

I'm the same as you cumsuck.

Have plenty of experience in my job and am willing to do pretty much anything but so many jobs you see online have already gone before they are advertised

Isn't it a fact Andybath. All I've been able to get is a procession of short term temp jobs. I do voluntery jobs which keep me busy but doesn't pay the bills,and you have jobcentre kicking up a fuss about you doing that. So much for big society!

Feel sorry for the guys who are willing to do anything to earn a wage. Things will get better and hopefully some of these bosses will realise that the majority of British workers will give good value if treated fairly. I listen and read about how lazy the british worker is and how much better the foreign guys are yet overseas companies are investing in the U K like Vauxhall - Jaguar and others praising the British workforce. I sometimes think that if these companies that employ overseas workers saying that the British do not have the skills invested more in training, instead of awarding themselves bonuses, they would have the home grown skills needed to make their companies more profitable then award themselves the bonuses. treat your workforce fairly and respect and they will get loyalty and respect back from their workers. It seems that it is only the U K that seem to accept and encourage foreign workforce. You watch France now and one or two other members of the EEC their attitude towards imported labour . I will willingly bet France will close their borders to foreign workforce and put the two fingers up to EEC directives as they do about deporting un - desirables whether it screws up Human Rites Act or not. When times are tough you look after yuor own first then when times are better others. I know some will agree with my sentiments and others not but i do beleive that there are some dam good hard working people young and old willing to learn new skills just wanting a boss to give them that chance instead of taking the easy way out and stop taking the easy route and employ foreign workers with dubious paper skills .

You are right oldengiy70...

I'm lucky enough to work for someone who values his staff. He gets good results and he thanks us for it. What goes round will come round.

*otonchubbycub By *otonchubbycub  (M)  over a year ago

Work for a housing association helping homeless people get onto the first rung of the ladder - and although it is often stressful, I love my job.

But unfortunately, I'm being made redundant in 2 months because of funding cuts and the company centralising everything. Can honestly say I will really miss it

LOVE my job...it is multidisciplinary and essentially freelance

I'm the boss

I'm a creative director and fashion stylist

Which means

Music videos

Magazines

Fashion films

Catalogues

Catwalks

Adverts

Album/single covers

Basically if someone needs imagery for their brand be it anything I'm ur man!

I jus wana b doin more and more thought, bigger projects, bigger clients, more insane fun

Are you a poofter, Teddybear?

Got a job which I really enjoy but that was after 8 months on the dole because I'd had 5 years of doing shite jobs because they were all I could get and no way was I going to go back to that type of work.

Not at all a poofter.

I am a serious business man and creative!

Kinda immature response from u there wandering....

i had a great job till a few weeks ago i was a head chef till the company i worked for got bought out and they wanted all their own staff in know after 24 yrs i am been made redunant soddy take overs .

*onna By *onna  (TV/TS/CD)  over a year ago

Maybe someone else will confirm this,but If they are bringing their own staff in you can't be redundant.In fact it is the job which is made redundant ,not the person,so if there is a new chef you could make a claim I believe.(if they have actually issued redundancy notice ).Anyone else care to back me up on this ?I do believe that TUPE would come in to force during a takeover as well.

There are alot of factors to take into consideration with any buy out or take over and TUPE doesn't always apply. If you have any doubt speak to the CAB they can help as it is not that straight forward

What if they already have a head chef?

Now they've got two.

If they only need one, then one of them must be redundant.

Is it for the employer to decide who he wants to keep or should he be made to keep two until they're both redundant?

Again it's never that simple. There could be other reasons for 2 head chefs and redundancy legislation whilst straight forward on the surface is not like that at all.

Fundamentally yes an employer can ultimately choose who is redundant and have processes to make the choice as LIFO is no longer legal unless as an absolute last resort.

Add a new message to this topic