New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364873 members (9 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Emmerdale

See newest message in thread

Emmerdale

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

@private mail, +add as contact

I've just found out there is a (new?) gay story line,probably started on Wednesday.Again ,as last year it involves Aaron.So last night we had a gay male kiss on ITV at 8 pm !! Whatever next ?- well then there was a gay (lesbian) night in the local pub, and then ... well,mustn't spoil it in case anybody wants to catch up.(You would need the last 90 minutes of the week (Wed,Thur and apparently tonight's).The actor playing Aaron became a "gay icon" last year (he is straight !) and took part in Gay Pride celebrations at Telford.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Shame on you Polainis. I would never miss an episode. Best soap on tv.

I'd pay good money to have been a fly on that garage wall.! Xx

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

I was tempted but really can't face Emmerdale. Suppose I could have recorded it and fast forwarded all the dire bits (95%) just to see the gay kiss.

I agree with you N.K.;that's what I did last year and fast-forwarded most of it

Hark to you two!!

Not much wank material listening to the Archers! Lol

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rdell  (M)  over a year ago

I did mention this yesterday on another thread,should have started a new thread I suppose.

We have the gorgeous Aaran guy on Emmerdale now playing with Robert who called him out on a false breakdown . Things they are a changing

I confess I used to watch Emmerdale but can't stand it now. It's just Eastenders with grass. Can't stand any of the Dingle retards who have taken over the village so even though Aaron is gorgeous I can't be bothered to watch it.

"I confess I used to watch Emmerdale but can't stand it now. It's just Eastenders with grass. Can't stand any of the Dingle retards who have taken over the village so even though Aaron is gorgeous I can't be bothered to watch it."

I quite agree mate, surely television wasn't invented for us to sit and watch shit like this was it?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ornyuk121  (M)  over a year ago

Aaron is my dream guy mmm

Well you can all dream on,cos I'm gonna marry Danny Miller. He don't realise he's really gay yet,but I'll convince him.

Meanwhile,are there any young fit,moody,grease monkeys out there?

Grease is unsafe for your purposes !!

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

It's hardly the first gay kiss on tv.

just watched The Bill from 2002 and it had 2 cops kissing...so its been going on for ever those bloody poofs get everywhere lol!!!

"just watched The Bill from 2002 and it had 2 cops kissing...so its been going on for ever those bloody poofs get everywhere lol!!! "

One of the gay coppers from the bill was also in the film beautiful thing playing the gay teen with the peppermint foot lotion typecast I feel lol

Love that film I watch it every now and again ..I loved the coloured girl in it she is so funny...

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ovingarse  (M)  over a year ago

far too many gays and lesbians on TV now, but that's only my opinion and before all the hassle comes I respect your opinion so respect mine.

I think ITV are doing a grand job (no,have no shares).Last year they showed how the guy struggled with his latent homosexuality;this year he has accepted his being gay and we have someone else -presumably bi - tormented by his mixed desires.We often come across such types and may call them time-wasters,annoying to us,but think what they have to face. Some of us may say what's the big deal - suck and fuck with another guy ?Lovely

By *anned lol  (M)  over a year ago

Might surprise a few but i tend to go with Rover on this point . The TV companys need to up the ratings to increase revenue and at the moment its good PR to chuck a gay couple onto the script my fear its being treated as a bit of a freak show almost a ratings thing not nessesarily a part of "normal life " a bit like R,,pe and a plane crash.

It would be better if they had an ordinary but interesting plot where the actors just happened to be Gay.

I cant comment on the Emmerdale case as i cant watch it without wondering where Molly Sugden is.

Re: comment by twoguysfororal above, the mother of the other gay lad Jamie in "Beautiful Thing" was played by Linda Henry ... Shirley in Eastenders, who's the aunt of gay boy Johnny Carter, and sister of Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) who now runs the Queen Vic.

XXX pic...
login to view

exactly Storyteller

Who would wanna live in emmerdale?? Stewth one minute your sleeping with yer neighbour next being murdered by them never mind go to the tea room where you can get a job if you are a long lost relative an never mind if you are homeless as you can go up to an estate and get a house with nice brand new furnishings in it and not even have pay any rent cos u over hear some gossip in the pub and blackmail the poor sap involved. Yep the gay things all the rage in soapland... it's a ratings at chrimbo thing. Sarky!???? Me??? You bet I am.

I disagree,many viewers of this soap might benefit from seeing that bi/gay need not be the Knights of the Theatre and appreciate the problems faced by them. How do we think "gayness" has become relatively acceptable in this country?Clearly the thing is not aimed at the critics here.Ratings ? I remember the fuss over "gay kisses" in previous soaps

Light entertainment is just what it says on the label. We all watch different things,hate some things and live others.

It is relaxation and escapism.

No soap sets out to win the Nobel prize for literature,the booker prize or the Mary Whitehouse award for family viewing.

It's just entertainment you can either watch,switch channels or turn off and read a book.

The soaps appear to have gone from being completely 'gay free' to having more than their fair share of gay/bi/lesbian storylines. Not knocking it at all but sometimes it does seem a bit unrealistic. Aaron started off 'straight' and suddenly turned gay. It was a bit of a surprise but well done and seemed plausible. Not so sure about this Robert situation though. True I stopped watching Emmerdale--or Dingledale as its become---some time ago, but I remember Robert as being very straight.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *dge73   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

she plays kim in eastenders aswell as sheiry who was also in it lol

XXX pic...
login to view
By *aul2102  (M)  over a year ago

Ok so we all have our opinion on soaps but let's all play the game and pretend it's real for the sake of this thread!!

So did Aaron top Robert or was it the other way round? Or was it them both having a go!

I like to think of Aaron taking Roberts cock like the good little cum slut he should be

Lol

Is Emmerdale a newly opened sauna? Where is this place?

Weren't you watching tonight???

Robert to Aaron after a rough snog ...."Upstairs Now!".

Horny,horny...and I reckon Aaron is the bottom too.

Wonderful wank material.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Weren't you watching tonight???

Robert to Aaron after a rough snog ...."Upstairs Now!".

Horny,horny...and I reckon Aaron is the bottom too.

Wonderful wank material."

fuck me Jonik have you nothing better to do?

XXX pic...
login to view

"Ok so we all have our opinion on soaps but let's all play the game and pretend it's real for the sake of this thread!!

So did Aaron top Robert or was it the other way round? Or was it them both having a go!

I like to think of Aaron taking Roberts cock like the good little cum slut he should be

Lol

"

Hope they just had a good old b/j this obsession with anal is not polite, we hardly know them

XXX pic...
login to view

"Ok so we all have our opinion on soaps but let's all play the game and pretend it's real for the sake of this thread!!

Lol

Hope they just had a good old b/j this obsession with anal is not polite, we hardly know them "

he's just anal-izing the programe

I see Aaron's complexion has improved since last year - maybe by not shaving. Yes,tonight was good . Is Finn also gay or just a bore? I think there is a few days break in the story line.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *dammanc  (M)  over a year ago

Lol

Hope they just had a good old b/j this obsession with anal is not polite, we hardly know them "

ha ha !!! Excellent!

dear me this is so different from the days when the main topic was miserable Matt doing the milking and Annie baking cakes for the church bazaar.

I'd give Finn,Robert and Aaron a brownie .

Sorry Nordic,I just lowered the tone again

Back to mucking out your stables for me.

lol 'not the only gay in the village' it seems

By *poty   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

Is Mr Wilks still in it . I've not seen it for a while ?

If I remember correctly Emmerdale did have the first gay male character of all the soaps. It was about 20 years ago just before the plane crash storyline. However I cannot remember who it was.

By the way Jonik I'm consigning you to dig a drainage channel it a boggy meadow. Ideal job for a cold, wet day. Suitable penance though

I think it was eastenders which had the 1st gay character. They had the first gay kiss which sparked controversy at the time, though it was little more than a peck. His name was Colin and he was played by Michael cashman who is now an MEP.

I beg to differ Chubby. Larry Grayson played a cameo role as Meg Richardson's chauffeur at her wedding in Crossroads,years before.

Lol...I know that doesn't count...just thought I'd illustrate what a Saddo I am ! X

You're right about Eastenders having the first "gay" kiss - but Michael Cashman is now much more grand than a mere MEP.

He stood down earlier this year and is now Baron Cashman and has been appointed by Ed Miliband as the Labour Party's worldwide ambassador for LGBT matters.

So, we must now bow/curtsey (delete whichever is not applicable) at his august approach, bedecked in noble ermine (and pearls too, no doubt!)

"If I remember correctly Emmerdale did have the first gay male character of all the soaps. It was about 20 years ago just before the plane crash storyline. However I cannot remember who it was.

By the way Jonik I'm consigning you to dig a drainage channel it a boggy meadow. Ideal job for a cold, wet day. Suitable penance though "

Think you may be thinking of Paul,Valery's son and Nicola's half brother. That was post plane crash though.

By *rimme1  (M)  over a year ago

Archie got killed when plane cashed

By *2suck  (M)  over a year ago

Eastenders had the first gay MALE couple ... but before that there were lesbian lovers on Brookside ... that was the first gay kiss in a tv soap ... one of the Jordach family i believe... about two years before Michael Cashman,....no where near as interesting or good looking as the gay soap cuties we have now though

*ubgow By *ubgow  (M)  over a year ago

Barry and Colin caused a furore in 1987 with the first gay kiss on a soap. Beth and Margaret didn't share their lesbian kiss until 1994, seven years later.

"Archie got killed when plane cashed"

I vaguely remember Archie,and he was good looking...was there a gay plot with him too ?

*luebykerboy By *luebykerboy  (M)  over a year ago

Isn't Emmerdale real life???? Oh no, I am devastated...I was going to get my car fixed...and shove Aran up stairs...as well as shove him somewhere else.....and Robert....bloody hell, the Dales are awash with gayers....I may move.....or visit the Cat and Fiddle every Sunday!

Although I love Corrie too,the thought of Sean Tully getting his kit off and getting it on with the vicar puts me off my chips and gravy.

Mind you...I'd sort Todd...

Thank you all for jogging my memory. It was Archie and he was rather sexy too. Can't comment on the other soaps. Only ever watched a couple of episodes of ultra depressing Eastenders and admit to briefly watching Corrie for the duration of Todd's initial affair with the gay nurse

I used to love Ethel with her little willie in eastenders talking about twisting words BBC...... lol

XXX pic...
login to view
By *hazzz   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

For those who are interested in this storyline, but can't face the rest of Emmerdale, I can recommend this youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PrinceChangminFan1

The author cuts out all of the portions relevant to the Aaron storyline, and uploads them as a series. Can find similar on youtube for the older portion and many other soap's gay storylines too. Works pretty well tbh.

lol sad but love the soaps and this storyline with Aaron great. I just wonder if Robert is being set up with an agreement between Aaron and Robert's future dad in law. The dad was gay and gay guys seem, to be able to recognize guys with similar tastes and he really doesn't want his girl to marry Robert. Time will tell and I just don't believe I have just wrote this thread how sad am I getting

Excellent thinking OG70 about the masterminded plot with Dad in law!

If it's not right,you should be the script writer! X

XXX pic...
login to view

Arran moves in with Roberts father in law,Robert and Finn get together,the two lesbians move into the big house too,and all six live happily ever after.

Don't you go pairing up my Aaron,Mr Dell!

Arran moves in with Roberts father in law,Robert and Finn get together,the two lesbians move into the big house too,and all six live happily ever after.

You have ruined the ending for me, I will never watch another episode! And don't let the fact that I never used to watch it in the first place anyway lessen that guilty feeling either.

*astertim By *astertim   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

Does anyone know what Annie Sugden is up to?

"Does anyone know what Annie Sugden is up to?

"

living happy in Spain

*astertim By *astertim   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

living happy in Spain "

Probably with Mr Wilkes...

living happy in Spain

Probably with Mr Wilkes... "

those were the days

XXX pic...
login to view

"

giving BJ's to all the old guys in Spain

living happy in Spain

Probably with Mr Wilkes... "

Annie did actually marry Amos and moved to spain with him

By *ruckerboi  (M)  over a year ago

Who actually cares about emeerdale

"Who actually cares about emeerdale"

Obviously not you,but note,this has been one of the most popular threads to date,so obviously a lot of people.

living happy in Spain

Probably with Mr Wilkes...

Annie did actually marry Amos and moved to spain with him"

Mr Wilkes died. Annie married Amos Brearly. The must be a great age by now

By *anned lol  (M)  over a year ago

The guy saying " who cares "might be a tad out of order ,but Jonik on the other side most are tking the piss out of a rather third rate soap.All in good humour though so it proves we can all rub along without hasle xx

*eamerboy By *eamerboy  (M)  over a year ago

Aaron is one "hottie"...he made snow patrols just say yes a gay seduction song when he was last shagging in the dales

By *onjj  (M)  over a year ago

I watch it regularly. Its the only fresh air I get these days

I used to watch it but then it went the way of the other soaps so now it is EastEnders with a bit of grass. Also cannot stand the appalling Dingle clan.

These days the only soap I watch is Pobol y Cwm on S4C. It's quite well done plus it has a sexy gay couple in it.

Have not watch since Amos and mr Wilks was in it

Have not watch since Amos and mr Wilks was in it

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rselyker   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago