New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login365542 members (6 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Beware of Blackmail Scam

See newest message in thread

Beware of Blackmail Scam

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ic1961  (M)  over a year ago

@private mail, +add as contact

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38150313

People are being befriended on sites like this one, the victims are persuaded to show themselves on webcams, the black mailer then threatens to share the pictures with the victims contacts on social media and facebook etc.

Several people have committed suicide already, the BBC are running an article on this on their website.

The advice is 1) Never pay, they won't go away 2) Talk to the police who they assure us will be non judgemental and will investigate 3) If this happens to you delete or suspend your social media but try to screenshot some evidence.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ickyboy  (M)  over a year ago

there is always some scum out there who try to pray on others to make money yet another example as if we need it of what some will do to make cash

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ic1961  (M)  over a year ago

Yes agree, if you understand how these things work you can minimise the chance of becoming a victim.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

"http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38150313

People are being befriended on sites like this one, the victims are persuaded to show themselves on webcams, the black mailer then threatens to share the pictures with the victims contacts on social media and facebook etc.

Several people have committed suicide already, the BBC are running an article on this on their website.

The advice is 1) Never pay, they won't go away 2) Talk to the police who they assure us will be non judgemental and will investigate 3) If this happens to you delete or suspend your social media but try to screenshot some evidence."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

try it on me ,

1 I don't care who knows

2, I will find them and sort it out myself

3 , if I do find them and I would , they would never do it to anyone else xx

XXX pic...
login to view
By *evealing  (M)  over a year ago

Thanks for the tip, there are loads of idiots out there trying to take advantage one way or another

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ewcocol  (M)  over a year ago

I've mentioned a few times before that software is free to record skype video as you have a conversation, and without the other person even knowing they are having the video captured. When you do skype with somebody you should never show your face to someone unknown. Also consider what is in the background visible to the other person. A distinctive photograph hung on your wall may be just as much proof it was you with something stuck up trap 2 as showing your face or tattoos.

Its one reason people are reluctant to put face pictures on this site. If you are not "out", anyone can see you are easy pickings. I think the vast majority on this and other sites are genuine but there is the tiny minority who are desperate for money and will stoop to any length to obtain it

I can't believe people will carelessly ruin lives and even take them for money or some sick perverse joy.

Long prison sentences should be rolled out to criminals like that. Seriously, it's not hard to just treat people with respect.

I don't know where you have been over these past 3 years but its only because 4 people took their own lives this has hit the press today and on the news.

What it shows is this, if you don't want your body to get onto the interest, then don't allow it to, its as simple as that. Spread photo's or webcam shots to anyone and you leave yourself open to blackmailers, and these are sometimes not in this country but in counries thousand of miles away.

It wouldn't happen to me.I can barley operate a keyboard let alone a web cam or skype.

I read about something similar in the Times the other day and most scammers seemed to be based in Morocco. I have occasionally sent a face pic to someone before a meet but if it was a 20yr old hunk I would be very suspicious.

*ld man small cock By *ld man small cock   premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

I have been gay all my life,all my family know,

I dont do social media.

Just not me tried it hated it.

My friends know,as they are bi or gay.

Who they going to tell?

I dont do 20`s or hunks...

"try it on me ,

1 I don't care who knows

2, I will find them and sort it out myself

3 , if I do find them and I would , they would never do it to anyone else xx"

totally agree, plus it would cost them some serious money to put their teeth back in lol

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

The assumption that some make in thinking they are tougher than the blackmailer would be funny if not such dangerous thoughts.

It could be the blackmailer knocking your teeth out .. Cutting your ears off .. Blasting your kneecaps .. Or something worse.

Hope this helps.

*hubbtm4cmnm By *hubbtm4cmnm   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

"http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38150313

The advice is 1) Never pay, they won't go away 2) Talk to the police who they assure us will be non judgemental and will investigate 3) If this happens to you delete or suspend your social media but try to screenshot some evidence."

Let them try it with me. I'll be sharing their details with the police.

Though back when I was closeted, I was always very careful not to show my face on webcam, for exactly this reason.

Add a new message to this topic