New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login343341 members (107 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > One is taking no sides but this Mosque attack...

See newest message in thread

One is taking no sides but this Mosque attack...

*oner4u2suck By *oner4u2suck  (M) 25 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Seems all Muslim bodies have come the wood-work to issue statements.

Where was the condemnation when the astrocoties were being comitted by Muslims?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arry101  (M) 25 weeks ago

Indeed

XXX pic...
login to view
By *emused   profile verified by photo (M) 25 weeks ago

I understand your point of view but taking that approach will help no-one achieve a return to the stability and tolerance that used to be a British attribute.

More to the point is what can we do, if anything, to moderate the 'I want' attitude and lack of respect for anyone else that seems to pervade so many both immigrant and native to our country?

I believe that the genie is out of the bottle and there is nothing we can do to get it back in and that atrocities and violence are fast becoming the normal way of life for our country for those who choose it.

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

Alot of people cannot see why the guy did it. Equally they cannot understand why the Batley MP was attacked and killed.

But i can see why. Its crystal clear to me.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *dowannafuck    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 25 weeks ago

"Alot of people cannot see why the guy did it. Equally they cannot understand why the Batley MP was attacked and killed.

But i can see why. Its crystal clear to me."

Please explain then

By *hread  (M) 25 weeks ago

Well I suggest you give us your opinion and not let us have to guess your theory , I do wonder if it anything to do ENOCH

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 25 weeks ago

It's odd and if the public haven't already seen and heard the outcry by Muslims at the London bridge incident and Manchester bombing I can only lay the blame at the BBC and media.

Following those outrages the Muslims in all the areas I work they were condemning the murderers and were speaking out very angrily at ISIS and the radicalisation of bombers and murderers.

Sevral shops ha signs with such notices as "ISIS - Not in our name" in the windows. The Mosques said prayers and organise collections and donations for those affected.

The news media are playing the public for mugs. But on saying that if they rely on the media, Facebook and Twitter then they probably don't deserve to learn the truth.

*ikkjel.dag By *ikkjel.dag  (M) 25 weeks ago

"Seems all Muslim bodies have come the wood-work to issue statements.

Where was the condemnation when the astrocoties were being comitted by Muslims?

"

You are obviously selective in what you absorb from the media. There has been plenty of criticism by Muslims of atrocities committed by IS-inspired terrorists. Keep your eyes and your mind open.

"I understand your point of view but taking that approach will help no-one achieve a return to the stability and tolerance that used to be a British attribute.

More to the point is what can we do, if anything, to moderate the 'I want' attitude and lack of respect for anyone else that seems to pervade so many both immigrant and native to our country?

I believe that the genie is out of the bottle and there is nothing we can do to get it back in and that atrocities and violence are fast becoming the normal way of life for our country for those who choose it."

Since when has tolerance been a trait of the British? Its about time people started to speak their mind instead of thinking one thing and saying another. Its this "PC at all costs" attitude that has allowed things to escalate. A few words and actions in the right direction 20 years ago, and maybe we might be enjoying this fabled "integrated society" that people like to stuff down our throats. Leicester, Bradford, London ..... not much integration going on there, and what little does take place seems to me to be all one way.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *umwhore Spunkbitch  (TV/TS/CD) 25 weeks ago

We would not be tolerated in an Islamic society. The truth of islam lies in the countries it controls now and not the ones it aspires to control in the future.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 25 weeks ago

25yrs. ago a friend of mine was in a public park in Glodwick near Oldham, he had his two young children with him. He was approached by a group of Asian men and told to get out of the park and take his bastards with him, he did so having felt threatened. On leaving the park he contacted a police officer and reported it, he was told, well it is mainly an Asian area round here and nothing was done. I wonder if it had been an Asian man with his two children that had been threatened would it have been treated differently?.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *affy484  (M) 25 weeks ago

Mistakes are made we let them in let them build then they start blowing them selfs up I new it would not belong before some one did this only thing is we don't kill are selfs and I bet he pays a high price for what he's done fighting is not the answer

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *dowannafuck    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 25 weeks ago

The vast majority of Muslims are very decent people obviously there are some extremists the same as every other collection of people white guys, black guys, school teachers, musician's, waitresses,etc etc etc

"The vast majority of Muslims are very decent people obviously there are some extremists the same as every other collection of people white guys, black guys, school teachers, musician's, waitresses,etc etc etc"

But they will not integrate. The proof that they haven't and that they won't, is that nigh on every politician talks about "our wonderfully integrated country", hoping we'll believe them so that they aren't tasked with sorting the problem on their watch. Its pathetic, and the sooner a political party has the balls to admit their is a massive racial problem, the better.

Apolgies for the misspelling of there (their) as I know such an error will have several of our regular readers absolutely incandescent with rage... grovel, grovel.

By *rainger22  (M) 25 weeks ago

Fink nuffin off it my friend

"Apolgies for the misspelling of there (their) as I know such an error will have several of our regular readers absolutely incandescent with rage... grovel, grovel."

LOL... so spell it correctly in the first place......

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 25 weeks ago

The media thrives on news, mainly bad news, and will slant ANY news in any direction it's respective editor decides.

The challenge is to decide the real news from the bollocks and its easy to see how some people are easily led.

Look for the reality, not the hype

By *yson hoover  (M) 25 weeks ago

i'm not saying anything , the last time i spoke of what our police forces should do with terrorists , i got shut down for 24 hrs , terror will never win , we are all made of strong stuff and our feelings will never be broken by scum like that , that bloke from cardiff saying he wanted to get at the muslims , what planet was he on , or what stuff was he taking , lucky for him he was not shot on sight .

*indsey bear By *indsey bear  (M) 25 weeks ago

I think we have to be careful here, as the suspect is entitled to a fair trial.

However, on the more general topic of the media, I have noticed something of a reluctance to name and talk about of what I call, for want of a better description, 'fascist/Christianist/white' terrorism.

There`s been a number of attacks and incidents where the severity of the crime has been subtlely downplayed; where the attacker is described as 'idiotic', 'a one off', 'animal'(particularly inaccurate), and commonly, 'insane' or 'mad'. I`ve even seen one case where it was made light of, and even humorous, because the perpetrator was initailly reported to British Transport police for unrinating in public!

Even on the expression of hate or prejudice, it is often justified on the grounds of free speech. Some people now think it is their basic human right to say the equivalent of shouting fire in a crowded, darkened theatre. They have been allowed by the rest of us to abuse the meaning of those words to now include gratutious insults and offence without the responsibilities that accompany such rights.

I noticed how the reports on the anniversary of the terrorist murder of Jo Cox often simply described it as 'murder'. Earlier this year, on a mainstream broadcaster like the BBC, John Humphries on the 'Today' programme questioned whether Thomas Mayer was a terrorist. There were similar discusssions on here about Anders Brevick`s sanity, etc.

There`s also a tendency in the US where rightwing media are reluctant to call Timothy McVeigh or Dylan Roof terrorists.

This reluctance to admit such terrorism began to change here with the murder of Jo Cox; possibly due to her social status and the symbolism of the attack.

This type of terrorist has been a round for a while and growing strongly since 9/11. I think society generally, and the authorities particularly, have underestimated the threat from it.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rselyker   profile verified by photo (M) 25 weeks ago

Hard to believe in this age of science and fact that people are still dying in the name of religion sorry i meant fairytales

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 25 weeks ago

"Hard to believe in this age of science and fact that people are still dying in the name of religion sorry i meant fairytales"

That's a very rude and cynical statement. So you are a non believer which is absolutely fine by me. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs or lack of beliefs. Live and let live and show some respect.

Most terrorist attacks etc are done in the name of a religion but really have very little to do with that particular religion. They use it as a cynical ploy to justify their atrocious acts.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Hard to believe in this age of science and fact that people are still dying in the name of religion sorry i meant fairytales

That's a very rude and cynical statement. So you are a non believer which is absolutely fine by me. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs or lack of beliefs. Live and let live and show some respect. well said

Most terrorist attacks etc are done in the name of a religion but really have very little to do with that particular religion. They use it as a cynical ploy to justify their atrocious acts. "

Religion is a very convenient cover for those with malign purposes. It gives them a veneer of respectability, and in its appeal to an extra-human authority, incredible power and motivation, making them capable of extraordinary acts.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *itstop4   profile verified by photo (M) 25 weeks ago

"The vast majority of Muslims are very decent people obviously there are some extremists the same as every other collection of people white guys, black guys, school teachers, musician's, waitresses,etc etc etc"

"Hard to believe in this age of science and fact that people are still dying in the name of religion sorry i meant fairytales

That's a very rude and cynical statement. So you are a non believer which is absolutely fine by me. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs or lack of beliefs. Live and let live and show some respect.

Most terrorist attacks etc are done in the name of a religion but really have very little to do with that particular religion. They use it as a cynical ploy to justify their atrocious acts. "

I'm not disagreeing with the many rational posts on this topic, but unfortunately it does seem these days that Islam is far more likely than any other religion to be used as an excuse for atrocities.

By *he Blue Knight   premium paying member (M) 25 weeks ago

Instead of reading the press on the internet or in some cases or rather one case watching “Newsnight” and taking what they ay as gospel with the very biased views of the BBC or for that matter the interview today on the Victoria Derbyshire about the attack in Finsbury where one of the people being interviewed when asked how had she been attacked with islamphpobia could only reply “its her friends who had not her”.

What is interesting after the Westminster Bridge attack, the Manchester attack, the attack on London Bridge and Borough Market no one from the Muslim Community, like the Muslim Council of Great Britain or the senior Imams’ came out IMMEDIATELY and condemned what these people who had committed these dreadful acts of violence and done in the name of Islam. Yet on Monday and yesterday the Muslim community have now said it’s a right wing attack on the Muslim Community and yes it was. But all attacks whether created by Muslims on us were carried out by Muslims and its this which the Muslim Community has to take on board and deal with these issues within there own Community.

For to long they have buried their heads and said nothing and we for to long have done nothing for fear of not wanting to be seen or heard as being a racist simply by bringing this subject up. The only way we can stop these attacks whatever religion or perceived religion is to condemn it from all quarters. I am afraid part of the problem or rather the majority of the problem is segregation within the Muslim Community and whilst its everyone’s choice how people dress I do believe the covering up of the face by women does put a barrier between them and us. I know there are many white women who do not feel comfortable in the presence of women being completely covered, I certainly felt unease in Bruxelles recently with two fully covered women at the airport there, where it not for all the terrorist attacks taking place in Europe made me feel like this I don’t know but it certainly made me think about them.

*oner4u2suck By *oner4u2suck  (M) 25 weeks ago

What is interesting after the Westminster Bridge attack, the Manchester attack, the attack on London Bridge and Borough Market no one from the Muslim Community, like the Muslim Council of Great Britain or the senior Imams’ came out IMMEDIATELY and condemned what these people who had committed these dreadful acts of violence and done in the name of Islam.

That is the point I made... where were they?

By *ensibledom  (M) 25 weeks ago

sos very true what has been mentioned

I just think everyone has had enough its pretty obvious to me that we are never going to get along in the same society throughout history religious beliefs have caused nothing but conflict, its time to abolish all religions as we know we live we die and its as simple as that!

XXX pic...
login to view

Well said can see your not brainwashed

I see the intolerant small-minded anti-religious bigots are out in force again.

"intolerant...small-minded...bigots" words which I would associate with the seriously religious, whether Muslim, Christian or whatever. Irrational beliefs (i.e. religion) should ideally have no place in the 21st century.

Go back 400 years, and the Catholic church wasn't a great deal better than today's fundamental muslims. Murder in the name of God. Now look, my own spiritual beliefs are a very private thing, and they affect others only in good ways, but all you people who believe in preaching, tell me this. What sort of twisted fuck believes, and extolls others to believe, that they will be rewarded in paradise for killing people who don't think the same way, irrespective of how many of their own innocents they kill on their planned jihad? They are insane! They are severely mentally retarded. They should be taken out of society. Not sent back whence they came because they will just continue to preach their vile message. They should be locked away forever, or simply removed. AND, we need the moderate muslims to publicly agree with these sentiments and indeed, take the lead ........... will it happen? Yeah, right .....

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 25 weeks ago

""intolerant...small-minded...bigots" words which I would associate with the seriously religious, whether Muslim, Christian or whatever. Irrational beliefs (i.e. religion) should ideally have no place in the 21st century."

I'm in no way religious but with the exception of those who pretend to fight in the name of Islam where is the problem.

Most, if not all, of the religious people I see and know are ordinary peace loving members of society who happen to go to church or say prayers.

People will always have irrational beliefs .. Corbyn supporters, Brexiteers, anarchists, lottery ticket purchasers etc etc.

XXX pic...
login to view

So people who dont believe in religion are small minded. No not at all maybe we who don t follow this rubbish are of a stronger mind and dont need the crutch of that nonsense. Hows that for small mindedness

"So people who dont believe in religion are small minded. No not at all maybe we who don t follow this rubbish are of a stronger mind and dont need the crutch of that nonsense. Hows that for small mindedness "

Exactly!!!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 25 weeks ago

"So people who dont believe in religion are small minded. No not at all maybe we who don t follow this rubbish are of a stronger mind and dont need the crutch of that nonsense. Hows that for small mindedness "

I am totally non-religious but have no problem with people who geniunely believe. These terrorists from all sides and I include CofE, RC, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Vulcan , Druid et al who use religion as an excuse to kill are all the same and they are the ones who use religion as a crutch to justify their need to murder and maim.

Anyone with the slightest bit of common sense knows that, and we need to stop listening to the media who label them "christian" or "muslim" terrorists they are TERRORISTS. Lets stop labeling them either by race or religion.

Well I have stirred up a hornets nest here and rather proved my case. The vast majority of people who hold religious beliefs do not in around murdering people. A tiny minority use their religion as an excuse for their murderous purposes. Millions of people have religious beliefs and some of the cleverest people are religious. Suggesting religion should be done away with is very intolerant to say the least. Whatever happened to live and let live? For the record I am not particularly religious. I just have an open mind and try to respect other peoples points to view providing they are rational and tolerant of others.

"Instead of reading the press on the internet or in some cases or rather one case watching “Newsnight” and taking what they ay as gospel with the very biased views of the BBC or for that matter the interview today on the Victoria Derbyshire about the attack in Finsbury where one of the people being interviewed when asked how had she been attacked with islamphpobia could only reply “its her friends who had not her”.

What is interesting after the Westminster Bridge attack, the Manchester attack, the attack on London Bridge and Borough Market no one from the Muslim Community, like the Muslim Council of Great Britain or the senior Imams’ came out IMMEDIATELY and condemned what these people who had committed these dreadful acts of violence and done in the name of Islam. Yet on Monday and yesterday the Muslim community have now said it’s a right wing attack on the Muslim Community and yes it was. But all attacks whether created by Muslims on us were carried out by Muslims and its this which the Muslim Community has to take on board and deal with these issues within there own Community.

For to long they have buried their heads and said nothing and we for to long have done nothing for fear of not wanting to be seen or heard as being a racist simply by bringing this subject up. The only way we can stop these attacks whatever religion or perceived religion is to condemn it from all quarters. I am afraid part of the problem or rather the majority of the problem is segregation within the Muslim Community and whilst its everyone’s choice how people dress I do believe the covering up of the face by women does put a barrier between them and us. I know there are many white women who do not feel comfortable in the presence of women being completely covered, I certainly felt unease in Bruxelles recently with two fully covered women at the airport there, where it not for all the terrorist attacks taking place in Europe made me feel like this I don’t know but it certainly made me think about them.

"

Me Blue Knight - Me thinks that when you let your inner feelings simmer to the surface they are not verging on the tasteful (like your post about Syrian refugees in relation to the Grenfell fire) but have a distinct flavour of islamophobia sprinkled among them. Do we demand that every Christian leader come out condemning acts of terrorism like the killing of Jo Cox or any killings by so called ISIS? I think not.

As much as I find it all a total pile of poo, if I were you, I would revert back to the Conservative policy handbook tripe you post rather than your own thoughts because they don't paint you in a pretty light.

By *orthright  (M) 25 weeks ago

"25yrs. ago a friend of mine was in a public park in Glodwick near Oldham, he had his two young children with him. He was approached by a group of Asian men and told to get out of the park and take his bastards with him, he did so having felt threatened. On leaving the park he contacted a police officer and reported it, he was told, well it is mainly an Asian area round here and nothing was done. I wonder if it had been an Asian man with his two children that had been threatened would it have been treated differently?."

Sounds like a very similar experience my friend had walking through Corporation Park in Blackburn on his way into town nearly 30 years ago. A group of asian dudes appeared out of some bushes next to the path throwing rocks at him yelling "get out of OUR park you white bast*rd!". This unprovoked attack was clearly a pre-meditated ambush evidenced by the fact they had all their ammo gathered together. Unless asian folk routinely carry plastic bags of rocks around for some reason???

My friend took some hits as he sprinted the hell out of there, and was rattled by the attack. So much so, he went straight to the police station that used to be in the center of town to report these guys so nobody else gets seriously hurt.

He was left in shocked disbelief by the attitude of the sergeant behind the counter, who basically called him a liar, and took no details whatsoever, not even my friend's name, before fobbing off with the big fat "we'll look into it" lie.

It was a very startling story he told me, and totally no reason at all to lie about this kind of shit. That's probably why I still remember it after all this time.

This total refusal to integrate shit has been going on a long time. It's all right there in their holy books. Start with Quran 8:12, a juicy example among over a hundred other verses laying out their true intent for non-believers. i.e Folk like YOU. Religion of peace? Really???

Sure, some do integrate, when it suits. MOST don't. Some don't even speak English, and have no intentions of ever learning because they don't need to, cocooned and enabled in their very own no-go area "communities". Prove it to yourself by walking around one of the many ever-expanding ghetto's, and feel how welcome you gay white boys really are in your own country.

Thanks deliberate, uncontrolled, British culture destroying immigration!

The plan is working out just great. Nobody dare say anything, they're all silenced by that handy little "racist" word. Self-censorship is a wonderful tool to control the masses.

Now go back to watching TV, and don't bother to ever critically examine or question any evidence right in front of you.

I think one thing that`s very noticeable in the media regarding apaprently religiously inspired Islamicist terrorism is how muslims are held to a higher, discriminatory standard than those from other religions whose brethren commit similar crimes; that all adherents to that faith are directly responsible for the actions of all others.

For example, what about Christian fundamentalists in the US who murder doctors who perform abortions, or firebomb bookshops for daring to sell Harry Potter novels that are supposedly satanic and anti-Christian?

It was noteworthy how the Archbishop of Canterbury made a speech recently condemning violent homphobia in the Middle East, yet failed to mention similar in the Americas or sub-Saharan Africa from Christians.

In 2015 an ultra-orthodox Jewish man ran amok at a gay pride march in Jerusalem, stabbing people at random with a large knife; ending up killing one teenage girl and badly injuring several other people. What was worse was that he was only just released from prison from serving a sentence for the same kind of crimes.

In 2016 Jewish activists vandalised an archaelogical site in northern Israel, near Nazareth, important to Christianity.

I`ve heard also of crimes committed by fundamentalist hindus against muslims in India.

There was hardly a mention of these latter crimes in the British media(I heard of them in passing on BBC World Service), but can you imagine if they had been carried out by Arabs or muslims?! There were no demands here for Christians, Orthodox Jews or hindus to come out and condemn these supposedly religiously motivated crimes by their fellow travellers, nor did any spontaneoulsy do so. Is their silence complicity?

If these crimes are so heinous as to need total condemnation by a faith, why no calls on Christians and Jews, and any other faiths, for such collective responsibility?

The question also arises as to whether such an approach is possible or even desirable.

By *illanihole  (M) 25 weeks ago

Lindsey Bear .. interesting post and Almost ani-semetic? Yes i know but thats the way many would see it simply because of this politically correct bullshit we seem to have taken on. You daren't say boo to a goose now days through fear of being prosecuted.

Religeon has been at the root of most wars you only have to read a little history to find that out. Oh and please don't believe what the BBC say as its all censord to the nth degree and only broadcast if it meets the brainwashing demands of those in power.

Hate this world now as its too money centered and getting to be so orwellian its untrue . Just read 1984 and take a good look at the country and the world we live in . Free to say what you want ? free from propaganda? i think not

"Lindsey Bear .. interesting post and Almost ani-semetic? Yes i know but thats the way many would see it simply because of this politically correct bullshit we seem to have taken on. You daren't say boo to a goose now days through fear of being prosecuted.

Religeon has been at the root of most wars you only have to read a little history to find that out. Oh and please don't believe what the BBC say as its all censord to the nth degree and only broadcast if it meets the brainwashing demands of those in power.

Hate this world now as its too money centered and getting to be so orwellian its untrue . Just read 1984 and take a good look at the country and the world we live in . Free to say what you want ? free from propaganda? i think not "

Interesting and a not unexpected response. thank you. I hope people find my posts stimluating.

I dont just listen to and believe the BBC. I take many news sources and viewpoints and come to my own conclusions, not just what`s popular or acceptable. I`ve been more than critical about that organisation, especially in the idea that it purveys a neutral news agenda/reporting. But it does have a broader and more balanced output than most other news outlets.

We`re freer to express ourselves in the UK than most other countries, and freer than we`ve been in our history. The US is one of the few countries in that regard that has more freedom.

I would add that the situation muslims find themselves here today resembles what German Jews found increasingly so in 1920s/Weimar Germany; held collectively responsible for the actions of any and all individuals of that faith.

I disagree that most wars have religion at their root, certainly not in the modern era, say from the eigthteenth century onwards; that`s politics, usually a nationalist variety. Further back, yes, when it was a dominant ideology and people were in earnest about it.

I have read '1984' several times and take your point about it

*UBSLUTXXX By *UBSLUTXXX  (TV/TS/CD) 23 weeks ago

well said

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

I am in know way condoning the recent attacks upon out country far from it in fact. But over the years prior to these recent atrocities do not forget that we have a lot to answer for ourselves. The way we have isolated the muslims in the middle east and stand by and watch as Isreal continues to encroach upon what was agreed to be Islamic land. Invaded Iraque with the excuse that they were harbouring terrorists and had WMD and then to add insult to injury appoint Tony Blaire as envoy to the UN as middle east ambassador. The muslim community has every rite to be angry with the west towards its foreign policy over the last 50 years.

And as i said at the start i will never agree with terrorist organisations or the abhorrent actions they take. But its about time people realised that the Muslim community has a rite to be sceptical about the wests actions regarding there homelands and religion.

And before i get a barrel load of abuse its just my point of view. So if you gt angry about it i dont care what you think lol xx

By *he Blue Knight   premium paying member (M) 19 weeks ago

I think you need to do a bit more research on this complicated subject matter. Its not as simplistic as you make out and it covers years, in fact many years and it does not just affect the United Kingdom, other countries have been involved in the middle east.

What you are also forgetting is that the Holy Lands belonged to Israel thousand of years ago and where both Arab and Jews existed together for centuries……so please enquire a little more on the subject of Israel and its history, maybe you may find your mind opened to how and what the Jews have gone through for centuries……its not all one way traffic.

The one thing you are forgetting is that these attacks have happened here.......here in the United Kingdom, where those people of the muslim faith have in some cases been born here, somtimes of second generation. What you are also forgetting is that we in the United Kingdom have opened our doors to many people from the middle east of the Muslim faith only to have it slapped in our faces.

So as I have said in the very beginning its complicated, but your response does nothing to answer the question.

Thats not the point i was trying to make i defo did not explain what i was trying to get accross. Its not a one way street as some people tend to believe mainly through prejudiced media outlets. we have both been wrong over the years. And the fact that the muslims and the jews lived in harmony for nearly 2 thousand yrs goes a long way to saying that different religions can get along. it just takes a tiny majority to create divisions within that community.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *onjj   premium paying member (M) 19 weeks ago

Look back in history to the Russian revolution ,One of the first thing Lenin we to close all churches and other ragbag religions , Because he knew where the trouble would come from.

We have still not learned anything the Mosques are used to preach hate and plan against the Christians.

All places of worship should be closed down

By *ealistic guy  (M) 19 weeks ago

"Look back in history to the Russian revolution ,One of the first thing Lenin we to close all churches and other ragbag religions , Because he knew where the trouble would come from.

We have still not learned anything the Mosques are used to preach hate and plan against the Christians.

All places of worship should be closed down

"

And Lenin and thevRussian are a role model to follow? No, places of worship should not be closed. What a tolerant person you are. One bad egg does not mean you throw them all away. There are more good Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus etc. they do not practice or preach hate. Your comment is more harmful lumping all people together. Being on a gay/bi site like this you should know that we need to live in a tolerant society, did you not watch the BBC program on gay bashing?

By *rQuiet  (M) 19 weeks ago

If you look at history most people will get on just fine if left to do so without interference by governments or extremists.

India's Muslims, Hindus and others got on until India became independent and the religions fought.

I was in Ireland during the troubles and Catholics and Protestents couldn't have cared less about any elses's beliefs (or pretend beliefs).

I was in Israel a couple of times during the past couple of years and travelled in and out of the country and even there the Israelis and Palestinians mingle peaceably and get on very well considering the pressures from extremists in the area.

Conflicts, whether between countries, religions or political parties are the doing of extremists. Whether a rioting minority or a country threatening nukes it's down to extremists.

Folk should actually read the koran. Rhere is no peace love and understanding. There are no commandments like in the Bible. "Thou shalt not kill" ? In the koran all it talks about is killing and subjugating non believers. It is also ok to pretend to rubbish islam if you are a muslim seeking ro de eive non believers. It is ok to sign agreements then tear them up when it suits.

Folk should read it. Understand the haddiths, the importance of chronological order of haddiths and how they changed as islam grew stronger and went from a minority of nutters to a mass - some believing, some too scared not to believe.

It is not a guidebook to enlightenment or how to treat all kindly. It is a manual for grabbing power, subjugation and violence. As well as intolerance of LGBT, paedophilia and putting women below farm animals to name but a few.

If tou disagree, go actualky read it. I did. Otherwise how can you comment with any credibility ?

I have read it and i csme to the conclusion, in my opinion, it is a cult

Show me just one piece of 100 percent proof that there is a God and I will be the world's greatest believer. Billions of you believe in God and not one off you can bring me 1 bit of proof. Prove me wrong if you can

By *ealistic guy  (M) 19 weeks ago

"Show me just one piece of 100 percent proof that there is a God and I will be the world's greatest believer. Billions of you believe in God and not one off you can bring me 1 bit of proof. Prove me wrong if you can"

You wouldn't believe it if someone did bring you proof. Why should they prove it anyway? Often it is within you, intangible and not up to scientific scrutiny. Live and let live I say. You like to cross dress, not many peoples thing, but good for you. If people want to believe good for them.

By *HIOG  (M) 19 weeks ago

"Show me just one piece of 100 percent proof that there is a God and I will be the world's greatest believer. Billions of you believe in God and not one off you can bring me 1 bit of proof. Prove me wrong if you can

You wouldn't believe it if someone did bring you proof. Why should they prove it anyway? Often it is within you, intangible and not up to scientific scrutiny. Live and let live I say. You like to cross dress, not many peoples thing, but good for you. If people want to believe good for them. "

Zackly.

By *HIOG  (M) 19 weeks ago

"If you look at history most people will get on just fine if left to do so without interference by governments or extremists.

India's Muslims, Hindus and others got on until India became independent and the religions fought.

I was in Ireland during the troubles and Catholics and Protestents couldn't have cared less about any elses's beliefs (or pretend beliefs).

I was in Israel a couple of times during the past couple of years and travelled in and out of the country and even there the Israelis and Palestinians mingle peaceably and get on very well considering the pressures from extremists in the area.

Conflicts, whether between countries, religions or political parties are the doing of extremists. Whether a rioting minority or a country threatening nukes it's down to extremists.

"

Great post.

By *aravaggio  (M) 19 weeks ago

"If you look at history most people will get on just fine if left to do so without interference by governments or extremists.

"

BUT ..... religion is the excuse for it all. Actually, its all a front for a type of organised crime. Both sides in Northern Ireland demonstrated that, all too clearly. Wherever you look, its about power and money. OK, there may be a few brainwashed idealists in the ranks, but the brains of the organisations know how to read a balance sheet.

We, in the west, are far from blameless, as well. Who are the major arms dealers in the world? ..... and we're not too choosey as to where they end up. War is great for our GDP ..

By (user no longer on site) 18 weeks ago

well is that the best you can come up with.the usual half hearted [you have to have blind faith.trust your feelings.your heart will guide you]how can you believe these fairy tales.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 18 weeks ago

"well is that the best you can come up with.the usual half hearted [you have to have blind faith.trust your feelings.your heart will guide you]how can you believe these fairy tales."

Reminds me of a certain Christmas film

" The Federal Government puts it's trust in God. It does so on faith and faith alone. It's the will of the people that guides the government, and it is and was their collective faith in a greater being that gave and gives cause to the inscription on this bill. Now if the government of the United States can issue its currency bearing a declaration of trust in God without demanding physical evidence of the existence or the non-existence of a greater being....."

Says it all really

watch the film zeitgeist.you can watch it online.about 8 min into the film there is a piece about religeon. if you still believe in god after you have watched that film then there is no hope for the human race.

all it proves is that america uses religon to control the masses. there has never been a athiest president of america because he would never get voted in.sorry to tell you this but there is no god.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rselyker   profile verified by photo (M) 18 weeks ago

As nan would say in catherine tate about religion ,what a load of shit

By *HIOG  (M) 18 weeks ago

Atheists always seem to be paranoid about religion but I suppose that is to be expected if they do not believe there is a god.

Religion has always been used as a form of control in much the same way as the newspapers and tv have and in more recent years Facebook and Twitter have become religions with a frightening amount of blinkered followers.

Of course none of. These are harmful in themselves, just as guns don't kill people - people kill people, but they give a platform for the masses to be led in a particular direction.

By *ealistic guy  (M) 18 weeks ago

"watch the film zeitgeist.you can watch it online.about 8 min into the film there is a piece about religeon. if you still believe in god after you have watched that film then there is no hope for the human race."

A film? That is proof? Mmmm, not a piece of Hollywood fantasy is it? Or someone's biased take on things? Please use your brain, films show what the director or producer or writer want to show. Hardly something to build an arguement around. Still biased, still a viewpoint.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 18 weeks ago

I'm an Atheist and I just shrug at those who believe in a deity - it's your choice after all.

However, if your book incites you to hurt others, then it's a bad book and you're stupid for reading and being manipulated by it.

This goes for the modern media and the cretins who follow it mindlessly without reflecting to make their own decisions.

By *rQuiet  (M) 18 weeks ago

"Atheists always seem to be paranoid about religion but I suppose that is to be expected if they do not believe there is a god.

Religion has always been used as a form of control in much the same way as the newspapers and tv have and in more recent years Facebook and Twitter have become religions with a frightening amount of blinkered followers.

Of course none of. These are harmful in themselves, just as guns don't kill people - people kill people, but they give a platform for the masses to be led in a particular direction.

"

Very good post sir.

It would help if you watched the film before you gave coment about it.plus I have nothing against religion. It's a dumb idea but it does keep the minions under control to a degree.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *r.C. Nile   profile verified by photo (M) 18 weeks ago

They all talk and say they don't agree with Isis etc,,but they do sod all about it themselves,,,,dig up Enoch,,,never have truer words been spoken, because they will take over this country and the do Gooders are stupid enough to let them

XXX pic...
login to view
By *avesub  (M) 18 weeks ago

very true. its started

*OMMY TIMKEN By *OMMY TIMKEN   profile verified by photo (M) 18 weeks ago

"They all talk and say they don't agree with Isis etc,,but they do sod all about it themselves,,,,dig up Enoch,,,never have truer words been spoken, because they will take over this country and the do Gooders are stupid enough to let them"

Well said! Exactly what I said in a similar _hread and I got a barrage of abuse for saying it. Every word Enoch Powell said is coming true.But you try convincing these namby pamby politically correct wallies that.Makes me sick. But I'm with you all the way here.Great post.

*OMMY TIMKEN By *OMMY TIMKEN   profile verified by photo (M) 18 weeks ago

"Instead of reading the press on the internet or in some cases or rather one case watching “Newsnight” and taking what they ay as gospel with the very biased views of the BBC or for that matter the interview today on the Victoria Derbyshire about the attack in Finsbury where one of the people being interviewed when asked how had she been attacked with islamphpobia could only reply “its her friends who had not her”.

"

We've not seen eye to eye before on a few things(marmalade stickers?)-but I agree with everything you say here. I've read a few more of your comments on other _hreads-I'm humbled to say I'm beginning to warm towards you.

We are actually(most of the time)on the same wavelength.

By *ealistic guy  (M) 18 weeks ago

Another fantasy film about conspiracies. What a load of rubbish. And you complain about religions and watch that crap? Get a life!

By (user no longer on site) 17 weeks ago

"Another fantasy film about conspiracies. What a load of rubbish. And you complain about religions and watch that crap? Get a life! "

l don't think you have watched the part about religion in the film.lf you had you wouldn't be saying that.it simply explains how these ideas of a God came to be.l suspect you are a God lover and call it a load of crap because it makes sense and you just can't accept it.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 17 weeks ago

I'm not a god lover. I have no belief in any god. I still think atheists talk more shit than those who do believe.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rselyker   profile verified by photo (M) 17 weeks ago

Have you actually read the bible its about as real as harry potter or star wars pure fiction

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 17 weeks ago

"Have you actually read the bible its about as real as harry potter or star wars pure fiction"

The Bible is a book written by people. It doesn't necessarily reflect the words of any god. You can believe in god without believing in a book.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 17 weeks ago

"Have you actually read the bible its about as real as harry potter or star wars pure fiction

The Bible is a book written by people. It doesn't necessarily reflect the words of any god. You can believe in god without believing in a book. "

I'd definitely believe if it was written by Himself

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ewcocol  (M) 17 weeks ago

"well is that the best you can come up with.the usual half hearted [you have to have blind faith.trust your feelings.your heart will guide you]how can you believe these fairy tales.

Reminds me of a certain Christmas film

" The Federal Government puts it's trust in God. It does so on faith and faith alone. It's the will of the people that guides the government, and it is and was their collective faith in a greater being that gave and gives cause to the inscription on this bill. Now if the government of the United States can issue its currency bearing a declaration of trust in God without demanding physical evidence of the existence or the non-existence of a greater being....."

Says it all really "

Printing the silly motto on their money does violate the establishment clause of their own constitution.

By *ealistic guy  (M) 17 weeks ago

Doesn't make any sense to me at all no. Whether i am a God lover or not is my business. You looking ridiculous dressed like that is your business. We will never agree. I cannot take anything you say dressed like that seriously.

By (user no longer on site) 17 weeks ago

"Doesn't make any sense to me at all no. Whether i am a God lover or not is my business. You looking ridiculous dressed like that is your business. We will never agree. I cannot take anything you say dressed like that seriously. "

. Might as well give up with god lovers.they don't understand logic . rational thinking .all they can come up with is name calling.i give up with this forum . anybody who can believe in fairy tales because somebody said it is true is beyond help.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oredEric  (M) 17 weeks ago

@realisticguy - you can disagree all you want on issues of politics and religion, but there is no place for your comment about someone looking ridiculous. That is your own private prenudice and you should keep that to yourself! Just because you don't like it doesn't make you right. Everyone here is equal on their own merits. Given this is a gay website i am aghast anyone would express an like that. How would you feel if someone belittled you because you're gay? I think you owe someone an apology for your ill thought remark.

By *HIOG  (M) 17 weeks ago

Angry atheists belittling those who hold religious beliefs has long been the norm on here and is also unacceptable. It is hardly surprising that at least one member has become fed up with atheist insults and has retaliated.

"@realisticguy - you can disagree all you want on issues of politics and religion, but there is no place for your comment about someone looking ridiculous. That is your own private prenudice and you should keep that to yourself! Just because you don't like it doesn't make you right. Everyone here is equal on their own merits. Given this is a gay website i am aghast anyone would express an like that. How would you feel if someone belittled you because you're gay? I think you owe someone an apology for your ill thought remark."

You can hide behind a veneer of anti religious comments and use this as an excuse to attack people can you? People who hold a faith are easy targets, stupid, unthinking etc? So this type of prejudice is acceptable is it? The word is hypocrite! I will not apologise at all. Just because this is a gay website does not mean we all hold the same beliefs, ideas and attitudes. So let's get all the people who insult religious, immigrant, other ethnicities, fat, thin, hairy, old, young etc people to apologise...... So I am not equal on my religious beliefs? You can be aghast as much as you like... I am aghast at the racist undertones of many _hreads like this and that type of prejudice is what I rage against.

"Doesn't make any sense to me at all no. Whether i am a God lover or not is my business. You looking ridiculous dressed like that is your business. We will never agree. I cannot take anything you say dressed like that seriously. . Might as well give up with god lovers.they don't understand logic . rational thinking .all they can come up with is name calling.i give up with this forum . anybody who can believe in fairy tales because somebody said it is true is beyond help."

I give up on people like you too. We are totally different. You can insult me,..... Say I don't get your logic, I am not rational, fairy tales, beyond hope..... But I cannot come back at you...hypocritical aren't you? You know nothing about me yet make these judgements and that's ok. But the moment someone says that they do not like cross dressing all hell breaks loose? You do not understand me and I do not understand you. Do not attack others if you cannot stand to be attacked back or defend yourself.......

By *aravaggio  (M) 17 weeks ago

This just gives credence to my argument that religion is fine, AS LONG AS ITS A PRIVATE THING!!!! there should be just one rule concerning religion .... NO PREACHING ALLOWED!

By *HIOG  (M) 17 weeks ago

NO PREACHING OF ATHEISM OR RELIGION WOULD BE FINE. Atheism and religion should be private things. To be fair you rarely see those who are religious preaching anything on here and I would gladly look back at any posts which prove me wrong but you do see hundreds of posts preaching atheism and condemning those who disagree.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 17 weeks ago

"NO PREACHING OF ATHEISM OR RELIGION WOULD BE FINE. Atheism and religion should be private things. To be fair you rarely see those who are religious preaching anything on here and I would gladly look back at any posts which prove me wrong but you do see hundreds of posts preaching atheism and condemning those who disagree."

Amen to that

Add a new message to this topic