New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login340112 members (125 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Too much politics on gay sex sites

See newest message in thread

Too much politics on gay sex sites

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *-lucky    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

@private mail, +add as contact

This is a site where you can relax and chat about nothing heavy, sexual fantasies and what we've done or would like to do. Many members are married or with partner's and Cottaging is a discrete and private life.

We all have site names, so you don't know if you're talking to Jeremy Corbin or Donald Duck on the site.

We might be here for cock but we know site's attract some knobs that talk political shit.

I go to the pub for a pint and church to pray. I don't go in a pub that does lots of sport if I don't like sport. I don't go Mass if I'm not catholic.

So why is it I'm on a sex site and I'm reading political garbidge. Yes! I don't have to read it But why is it here?

Also if you don't agree with my views that's fine. I'll not complain and block you from the forum which has happened to me. This is a democracy and we're here for our sexual preferance.

Debate comment and enjoy

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *HIOG  (M) 5 days ago

Fair comment. I think a lot of the political comments are from bored guys with little else to do other than voice their opinions over and over - and over and over in the hope a few will agree with them. Mostly nonsense of Oh yes it is and Oh no it isn't - like a second rate Punch and Judy show.

XXX pic...
login to view

Thank you for your constructive comments and encouraging this debate

By *ormicb  (M) 5 days ago

I always think this place is weirdly right wing considering what we're all here for

A forum is a forum, so people should be largely free to discuss whatever, but multiple threads from the same few people with the same agendas is a bit out of place (respectfully).

But then I never post on here so maybe it's none of my business

By *he Blue Knight   premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

B-Lucky, when you go to restaurant with friends do you primarily to talk about the food, the way its been cooked, the presentation, the china, whether the sauce is correct? Would you and your friend then go on about the furniture, whether seating is comfortable, the lighting easy on the eyes, the way the drapes are made? I doubt very much you would discuss many things over the cause of the meal, and if your friends wanted to talk about cars would you say, Oh the salmon was not like I normally have, and if he then said he wanted to talk about boats you would change the subject and go on about the prawn cocktail……….well that the whole idea of this lounge……its for every subject even guys wanting to talk about lace knickers and the way they blow in the wind or would you friend kick up such a stink and demand you only talk about bumble bees………you would say what?

XXX pic...
login to view

Yes! I totally agree. This is not a site about political or religious views therefore both should be banned from the forum. I've tried not to show my political or religious preference because it incites strong feelings which the site isn't here for

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *dowannafuck    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

if you do not wish to read the politics threads then don't read them i notice you are into women's underwear which is something i have no interest in so i don't contribute to those threads

this forum is for everyone to express whatever they want within the site rules

you are very wrong, this site is for everyone to discuss anything, get over it if you don't like the subject matter move onto rate my cock...I am sure there will be something there to tickle your fancy..

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ewcocol  (M) 5 days ago

Interestingly you say towards the end of your opening comment here that this is a democracy. Actually it isn't, it is a privately owned website, and the owners have set conditions on you being allowed to participate.

Also interestingly whilst wrongly stating it is a democracy you fail to grasp a fundamental cornerstone of a democracy, that of freedom of speech.

Finally I am not at all happy about you outing my real identity in this public forum.

Yours sincerely D. Duck

There are 31 threads on Knickers......I am sure they would delight in your comments after all you must have something in common with some of the threads......lace one, big ones....even Queen Victoria's Lace Knickers they went for a bomb at Christie's

*adseeded By *adseeded   profile verified by photo (M) 5 days ago

I feel that, while political threads are not unwelcome on these forums and can be interesting to read and discuss, there is an oversaturation of people saying the same thing over and over in separate threads. what we need to do is try and keep the discussions on the right pages and not have 20 threads all saying that the prime minister took a shit on a duck or whatever the current news is.

Oh Mr Newcocol....you D Duck.....come orf it let them know exactly who you really are......The Rt Hon Lord Donald Horace Archibald Bendmeover Duck.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *vchristine   premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 days ago

Is it not a touch hypocritical to start a new thread on a subject you feel there is already too much of?

XXX pic...
login to view

The anti-politics OP would do well to remember a notable quote by a great politician of the 20th century.

"Healey’s first law of politics: when you’re in a hole, stop digging.”

Denis Healey

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

Guilty as charged. I was initially very much against political threads but then started reading them and expressing my views. I have taken an interest in politics from a very young age much to my mother's dismay [then again her cousin was an MP at the time] so I can't stop myself reading them and, if I think necessary, commenting on them. I do think sometimes that there are far too many and some seem quite banal and pointless.

I never read the 'rate my left nipple' threads and I try to avoid the 'knickers' threads as I have been chastised many times by knickers lovers for making well intentioned if somewhat sarcastic comments.

XXX pic...
login to view

So you could say they got their knickers in a twist about you commenting.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 4 days ago

"So you could say they got their knickers in a twist about you commenting. "

Yes. Pink frilly ones at that

By *aravaggio  (M) 4 days ago

"The anti-politics OP would do well to remember a notable quote by a great politician of the 20th century.

"Healey’s first law of politics: when you’re in a hole, stop digging.”

Denis Healey"

A bit ironic, that. ...... .... you've got a whole shed full of shovels ...

*ld man small cock By *ld man small cock   premium paying member (M) 4 days ago

"This is a site where you can relax and chat about nothing heavy, sexual fantasies and what we've done or would like to do. Many members are married or with partner's and Cottaging is a discrete and private life.

We all have site names, so you don't know if you're talking to Jeremy Corbin or Donald Duck on the site.

We might be here for cock but we know site's attract some knobs that talk political shit.

I go to the pub for a pint and church to pray. I don't go in a pub that does lots of sport if I don't like sport. I don't go Mass if I'm not catholic.

So why is it I'm on a sex site and I'm reading political garbidge. Yes! I don't have to read it But why is it here?

Also if you don't agree with my views that's fine. I'll not complain and block you from the forum which has happened to me. This is a democracy and we're here for our sexual preferance.

Debate comment and enjoy"

I agree with you on all points

*astkenter By *astkenter   premium paying member (M) 4 days ago

... But their is a select few that if you don't agree they question question your intelligence making out you dumb getting mates to join in and try and ridicule them ...

Sadly this has been my experience. There seems to be a group of six or so cronies who constantly defend each other and are quick to suggest that I am of inferior intelligence if I dare to disagree with any of their opinions. It is a very subtle form of bullying, but bullying nonetheless.

By *ajor mistake  (M) 4 days ago

If you don't like political posts, don't read them, move on, i don't like the sniff my knickers posts, but i'm not shouting ban them! i just don't bother to read them, Some posts are very informative, some not so, but as long as people agree to keep it polite wheres the harm? as we are all in some way effected by what a politician might say or do , and its only right to comment on it.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ldsucker400  (M) 4 days ago

"... But their is a select few that if you don't agree they question question your intelligence making out you dumb getting mates to join in and try and ridicule them ...

Sadly this has been my experience. There seems to be a group of six or so cronies who constantly defend each other and are quick to suggest that I am of inferior intelligence if I dare to disagree with any of their opinions. It is a very subtle form of bullying, but bullying nonetheless."

Happened to me just yesterday. Abused me for my reply to his post, I was abusive to be fair, but then my post was deleted and I was banned from the forum for 24 hours. Don't abuse people for their view if you can't take some back!!

*astkenter By *astkenter   premium paying member (M) 4 days ago

"... But their is a select few that if you don't agree they question question your intelligence making out you dumb getting mates to join in and try and ridicule them ...

Sadly this has been my experience. There seems to be a group of six or so cronies who constantly defend each other and are quick to suggest that I am of inferior intelligence if I dare to disagree with any of their opinions. It is a very subtle form of bullying, but bullying nonetheless.

Happened to me just yesterday. Abused me for my reply to his post, I was abusive to be fair, but then my post was deleted and I was banned from the forum for 24 hours. Don't abuse people for their view if you can't take some back!!"

It also happened to me yesterday. A very regular poster belittled my intelligence because I did not agree with his views. I chose to ignore him as he knows nothing about my level of intelligence so it's water off a duck's back.

By *artney  (M) 4 days ago

Most of it is a load of altruistic, self indulgent bullshit

XXX pic...
login to view
By *wantyouinme  (M) 4 days ago

Sadly this has been my experience. There seems to be a group of six or so cronies who constantly defend each other and are quick to suggest that I am of inferior intelligence if I dare to disagree with any of their opinions. It is a very subtle form of bullying, but bullying nonetheless."

I've noticed that can't say I've experienced it but certainly seen mostly on political threads

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 4 days ago

I dont think discussing politics on here is a problem and I quite enjoy a good debate on the subject.

The problem is those who start political threads several times a day with the intention of trolling and put no personal input into the threads at all. It just leads to ridiculous threads of opposing views but no information or debate.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ewcocol  (M) 4 days ago

All too often the whole point of debate is lost on here. In fact I'd go further and say the point isn't known by many. To win a debate one needs to sway the undecided, and change the minds of the decided. That can only be done by offering a sound argument backed by fact. Endlessly repeating your entrenched position, quoting dodgy information from a tabloid will never work, but sadly it is the most common tactic used on here.

Resorting to personal attack is something I won't do in a debate, but I do admit to defending myself when attacked. Don't forget that this is the internet, not real life, and nothing we do or say here will change the course of the events we are discussing. When you click to turn off your computer life goes on. I never take it personally what is said to me, I may vociferously push my view on one topic against someone, then stand with him in support on another where we agree.

By *rappling  (M) 4 days ago

The last two posts sum it up perfectly.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *wantyouinme  (M) 4 days ago

"The last two posts sum it up perfectly."

one does sum it up

XXX pic...
login to view
By *2014   profile verified by photo (M) 4 days ago

B-Lucky. Very well put across - imho. And I am one who joins in the political hoo-has. As ever a live issue on here.

Some inconsequential musings:

Why read/ join in? Well, there are a few (a very few) who make me stop and think because their insight is just much better than mine. Sure you can get that from a newspaper (some newspapers) but a forum thread is somehow rather interesting by being live and interactive. As for the rest, well there is some amusing argumentative devilment which is best suited to serious subjects. We would lose that, I think, if we were confined to tits and bums. Much is tongue in cheek and intended for mutual entertainment. In many cases its not just intellectual jerking off. Even the pomposity can be amusing. The Pythonesque 'this is an argument- no it isnt' posts are, however, just a pain.

Some, however, disprove Abe Lincoln's adage-

You can piss off some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. There are some on here who can and indeed seem to relish pissing off all of the people all of the time. I contend that they would do so regardless of subject matter.

As per forum tradition, you will, of course, have been taken to task on your underwear choices. Happens, when no counter argument is available.

One really serious question arising ,as someone has stated above, is there a ganging up /bullying going on by some self selected, self-styled elite. Hope not.

Mr Dartney - no criticism this, but I don’t think you chose the right word in altruistic. I don’t claim to know your intent there but I suspect a flattering term like altruistic does not fit with it.

Anyone I have'nt slagged off? I do think I have included myself (at least by implication). I should certainly be doing something more purposeful than this.

By *ottagingOfficial   premium paying member (M) 3 days ago

You are reading it because it isn't against any rules. Just avoid any threads that don't interest you