New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login357932 members (110 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Friend with Benefits

See newest message in thread

Friend with Benefits

By (user no longer on site) 20 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Although this term is used to describe a certain kind of relationship I think it is somewhat callous.

Or am I being a tad too sensitive?

I cannot think of any other phrase or term that would aptly fit but perhaps someone on this site could.

Comments welcome.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *he Shooter  (M) 20 weeks ago

Fuck buddies?

*ltrent47 By *ltrent47   profile verified by photo (M) 20 weeks ago

I'm looking for one who who like to come to live in S/W France for a while!! Preferably young, slim and smooth!! I'm not a Sugardaddy so you can live free but pay your way!!!

*ustrel By *ustrel  (M) 20 weeks ago

My fuck buddy is great we've been fucking for a few years... We love fucking in front of other guy's for their enjoyment

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 20 weeks ago

If you stop and think about it the term friend-with-benefits is a strange one but it will have to do until a better one is thought up. Many men shy away from the term boyfriend as well. Probably because it is a 'straight' term and suggests commitment. The words going through my head at the moment are 'Part Time Lover' [can't think who sang it] but that could be taken as lacking commitment or promiscuity.

*entlegee By *entlegee  (M) 20 weeks ago

There seems to be, in some quarters, a repugnance to people receiving money for sex: but a total acceptance if free accommodation is offered instead. A touch of the 'double standards' perhaps? I have met several guys who paid for sex, and the arrangement seemed to work well. In days gone by, the guy did not get sex until he was married - surely that is paying (very dearly) for sex. If 2 adult people can work out a deal that suits them both, does not involve youngsters and does not frighten the horses, let them get on with it.

too many sour grapes about.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ouncy   premium paying member (M) 20 weeks ago

"Many men shy away from the term boyfriend as well."

I do but it's because we're both in our 50s. The term boyfriend suggests someone a lot younger.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *he Shooter  (M) 20 weeks ago

"The words going through my head at the moment are 'Part Time Lover' [can't think who sang it] "

It was Stevie Wonder.

By (user no longer on site) 20 weeks ago

I think the term fuck buddy is worse, albeit somewhat factual. It does seem uncaring to me but if the people concerned are happy with it no problem.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ld4yunga  (M) 20 weeks ago

"Fuck Buddy" "Part-time Lover" "Boyfriend" "Friend with Benefits" ......

Just a sexy young top guy for me will be just right!!!

Always hopeful!!

By *earnelg  (M) 19 weeks ago

I have an 'ideal friend'.

Lovely guy, visits for catch up chats and intimacy.

I love him, he likes me a lot. Our friendship suits us both.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 19 weeks ago

"Although this term is used to describe a certain kind of relationship I think it is somewhat callous.

I cannot think of any other phrase or term that would aptly fit but perhaps someone on this site could.

Comments welcome. "

I think it is what it is, callous or not.

It's a "relationship" with no emotional involvement. Just sex for the sake of sex.

It's not something I've ever been interested in having.

My relationship is so much more. I have a strong emotional attachment to my guy. It's a lot more than just a sexual relationship.

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

"Although this term is used to describe a certain kind of relationship I think it is somewhat callous.

Comments welcome.

I think it is what it is, callous or not.

It's a "relationship" with no emotional involvement. Just sex for the sake of sex.

It's not something I've ever been interested in having.

My relationship is so much more. I have a strong emotional attachment to my guy. It's a lot more than just a sexual relationship."

I agree with your definition of a fwb.

I also am happy for you and wish you all the best with regard to your relationship with your guy.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 19 weeks ago

To me the term friend with benefits means exactly that. Someone you can have sex with but is also a friend. Someone you can lie and chat with after sex instead of him rushing to get out of the door with barely a 'thanks' or 'goodbye'. Whether you ultimately become more emotionally attached will of course depend on circumstances

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rian2   profile verified by photo (M) 19 weeks ago

"To me the term friend with benefits means exactly that. Someone you can have sex with but is also a friend. Someone you can lie and chat with after sex instead of him rushing to get out of the door with barely a 'thanks' or 'goodbye'. Whether you ultimately become more emotionally attached will of course depend on circumstances"

EXACTLY!! , someone you can call on when the need arises and doesnt leave you unsatisfied

Relationship in self implies emotional attachment. Friendship is very much open for discussion.

Sex however is very much open to whatever the individual wants to express it as such.

I have friends who are close and would not have sex with, however I have "mates" who do. It is very much open to interpretation of the individual. I see nothing wrong with the term friends with benefits

"To me the term friend with benefits means exactly that. Someone you can have sex with but is also a friend. Someone you can lie and chat with after sex instead of him rushing to get out of the door with barely a 'thanks' or 'goodbye'. Whether you ultimately become more emotionally attached will of course depend on circumstances

EXACTLY!! , someone you can call on when the need arises and doesnt leave you unsatisfied"

I have changed my mind yours and NKs definition is more accurate. The definition of friend is that you can trust and be at one with.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ickyboy  (M) 19 weeks ago

for some reason i think i see it different to many . i always thought the term friend with benefits was just that . someone who as such was a friend , nothing more offered but the benefits was you give them money for doing what they do .ie being with you and allowing you to have there company ,most lightly more ! .i have seen this term used by some younger guys who where looking for sugar daddy types . maybe i have got it wrong but for me thats what i understand it to be ?

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *rac59    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 19 weeks ago

I love a fuck buddie

XXX pic...
login to view
By *inovim  (TV/TS/CD) 19 weeks ago

I always use the term "friend". If I used boyfriend it would portray that we are "together as one" and I could not use "partner" as it is not the case.

I love the word "friend" because as someone stated above you can just chat and have fun in bed, exchange the occasional text or conversation but there is no commitment whatsoever or you don't feel cornered or compelled to justify your daily timetable.

The least apron strings the better for me and I am sure it is for him too. A lovely cuddle and a jizz off a friend occasionally is lovely.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *H23    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 19 weeks ago

I’ve been seeing a guy regularly for 3/4 years, we get together, have incredible sex, lay together, hold each other passionately, shower, drink coffee and have a cig.

He’s not a friend, as I couldn’t call him in a time of crisis

He’s not my boyfriend, as he’s committed to someone else.

He’s not a buddy, as we’ve never drank beer together or hung out with other guys.

He’s not just a “meet”, because it means more than that.

So what should I call him?

Got a similar situation to BH23 and I tend to call him a friend, but that's not really true. We can, not see each other for months, although keep in email/txt contact, then out of the blue spend hours or a night together. Our times together are always naked, any sex is really relaxed and we trust and discuss private things between us, knowing it won't go outside of our conversation.

I suppose it is some sort of relationship, but we don't expect anything or rely on each other.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I’ve been seeing a guy regularly for 3/4 years, we get together, have incredible sex, lay together, hold each other passionately, shower, drink coffee and have a cig.

He’s not a buddy, as we’ve never drank beer together or hung out with other guys.

So what should I call him?"

A sex mate.

"I’ve been seeing a guy regularly for 3/4 years, we get together, have incredible sex, lay together, hold each other passionately, shower, drink coffee and have a cig.

A sex mate.

"

You have the knack of hitting the nail on the head.

A sex mate.

You have the knack of hitting the nail on the head. "

So you have to drink beer and hang out with other guys to have a buddy. That's a new definition to me.

XXX pic...
login to view

A sex mate.

So you have to drink beer and hang out with other guys to have a buddy. That's a new definition to me. "

Well we all live and learn.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *onnylikesitall  (TV/TS/CD) 19 weeks ago

I dont mind what you call them.I just know iod love to find one local

It's all open to definition. Some years ago I had a 2 year affair with a guy who perhaps really could have been described as a friend with benefits. He was in a sexless marriage and I doubt he was have thought of me as a boyfriend. We played rugby for the same team, we drank together and spent a lot of time in each others company when we weren't having sex. We got some ribbing off our mates but I don't think they seriously thought our friendship was sexual

Sadly was split up through circumstances not relevant to this thread. I would love to have a similar relationship again.

XXX pic...
login to view

"It's all open to definition. Some years ago I had a 2 year affair with a guy who perhaps really could have been described as a friend with benefits. He was in a sexless marriage and I doubt he was have thought of me as a boyfriend. We played rugby for the same team, we drank together and spent a lot of time in each others company when we weren't having sex. We got some ribbing off our mates but I don't think they seriously thought our friendship was sexual

Sadly was split up through circumstances not relevant to this thread. I would love to have a similar relationship again."

Why not a boyfriend? I highly recommend it if you find the right one.

"It's all open to definition. Some years ago I had a 2 year affair with a guy who perhaps really could have been described as a friend with benefits. He was in a sexless marriage and I doubt he was have thought of me as a boyfriend. We played rugby for the same team, we drank together and spent a lot of time in each others company when we weren't having sex. We got some ribbing off our mates but I don't think they seriously thought our friendship was sexual

Sadly was split up through circumstances not relevant to this thread. I would love to have a similar relationship again.

Why not a boyfriend? I highly recommend it if you find the right one."

I would be happy to have a boyfriend though I don't rate my chances of finding one. I don't want to live with anyone but would love a mutual arrangement.

A sex mate.

So you have to drink beer and hang out with other guys to have a buddy. That's a new definition to me.

Well we all live and learn."

Check out the dictionary you might also learn.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ionysus007   profile verified by photo (M) 19 weeks ago

You've only known him for 3/4 of a year (9 months) so why do you need to label him?

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 19 weeks ago

Amusses me someone who claims to be far more intelligent than many members on this site, who's aim seems to be to belittle others, struggles so much to understand the simplist things!

Sad that an interesting discussion has degenerated into another session of fault-finding, nit-picking and one-upmanship.

Forget dictionaries, minor spelling mistakes and grammatical infringements and let's get back on track please!

By *otoned  (M) 19 weeks ago

Why not call him a fabulous bit of trade, you both meet have great sex and part on good terms, seems you have something a lot of people would love, Iknow I would

"Sad that an interesting discussion has degenerated into another session of fault-finding, nit-picking and one-upmanship.

Forget dictionaries, minor spelling mistakes and grammatical infringements and let's get back on track please!"

But you miss the point. It matters not what anyone on here thinks they should call anything or anybody. It is down to individual choice. So people use words in different ways.... I understand that clearly. The OP commented on not liking some descriptions so did I however you choose to have a pop at me and not him. Sad that really.

Trust the usual suspect to put a downer in.

MMMM, just my opinion and may be a new concept, but can't we all be allowed to speak/text in our own version of english, without criticism. Rather than adhering to the Oxford English Dictionary.

Now I'm doing it, LOL.

"Sad that an interesting discussion has degenerated into another session of fault-finding, nit-picking and one-upmanship.

Forget dictionaries, minor spelling mistakes and grammatical infringements and let's get back on track please!

But you miss the point. It matters not what anyone on here thinks they should call anything or anybody. It is down to individual choice. So people use words in different ways.... I understand that clearly. The OP commented on not liking some descriptions so did I however you choose to have a pop at me and not him. Sad that really. "

Not idea what you are on about

"Trust the usual suspect to put a downer in. "

And who would that be?

But you miss the point. It matters not what anyone on here thinks they should call anything or anybody. It is down to individual choice. So people use words in different ways.... I understand that clearly. The OP commented on not liking some descriptions so did I however you choose to have a pop at me and not him. Sad that really.

Not idea what you are on about"

Then perhaps you should read all the posts before commenting on mine. Thank you

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 19 weeks ago

Then perhaps you should read all the posts before commenting on mine. Thank you"

Don't think he was picking out anyone in particular just quite rightly talking to all who where digging at others, myself included, so for my part i appologise for indiscreations.

Then perhaps you should read all the posts before commenting on mine. Thank you"

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Then perhaps you should read all the posts before commenting on mine. Thank you

??????????????????????????????????????????????????"

If you dont understand then why on earth did you post in the first place?

XXX pic...
login to view

An acquaintance sounds good. A distant friend.

XXX pic...
login to view

Why not a boyfriend? I highly recommend it if you find the right one.

I would be happy to have a boyfriend though I don't rate my chances of finding one. I don't want to live with anyone but would love a mutual arrangement."

I so agree with the above and that is what I want. Please don't discount yourself though. There are men out there that want what you are offering i.e. sex without ties. I would not think it would happen on here but when you go out you certainly can pick someone out I am sure.

I think I have one interested in me where I volunteer. He is a Manager and mentioned a tweet of mine earlier that I had sent two years ago so I suppose he is cyber stalking. I am going to move on him soon. He plays pocket billiards when he speaks to you. Don't doubt yourself Nordic.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ldsucker400  (M) 19 weeks ago

I would love to have an ongoing thing with a man. Something our wives don't need to know about. Call it boyfriend or friend with benefits I don't much care but I'll do stuff for/with him perhaps his wife wont

"I would love to have an ongoing thing with a man. Something our wives don't need to know about. Call it boyfriend or friend with benefits I don't much care but I'll do stuff for/with him perhaps his wife wont "

That is exactly the point. People just want to get on with it. A name is only that. Everyone of us may choose to call someone by whatever.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I would love to have an ongoing thing with a man. Something our wives don't need to know about. Call it boyfriend or friend with benefits I don't much care but I'll do stuff for/with him perhaps his wife wont "

Go out and meet one. There are some out there believe me. This one I am interested in seems to live on the edge in terms of economics. He cannot afford a holiday and his wife is the main breadwinner. He told me he could not save. I got the feeling he felt inadequate in the family home so obviously feels down.

You could meet someone on here because there are some friendly men on here but also outside in cyber space.

There is so much expectations now in families I don't think a lot of men can cope. They need an escape route and in the arms of another man is perfect because we don't come on strong with them.

I feel like it is a personal trophy when I have achieved the desired result but I would always call them acquaintances. It is very rare I would think they were friends because basically they don't exist outside of my zone.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *orchlight  (M) 19 weeks ago

Bromance?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ldsucker400  (M) 19 weeks ago

"I would love to have an ongoing thing with a man. Something our wives don't need to know about. Call it boyfriend or friend with benefits I don't much care but I'll do stuff for/with him perhaps his wife wont

Go out and meet one. There are some out there believe me. This one I am interested in seems to live on the edge in terms of economics. He cannot afford a holiday and his wife is the main breadwinner. He told me he could not save. I got the feeling he felt inadequate in the family home so obviously feels down.

You could meet someone on here because there are some friendly men on here but also outside in cyber space.

There is so much expectations now in families I don't think a lot of men can cope. They need an escape route and in the arms of another man is perfect because we don't come on strong with them.

I feel like it is a personal trophy when I have achieved the desired result but I would always call them acquaintances. It is very rare I would think they were friends because basically they don't exist outside of my zone. "

Oh I'm looking and hoping. My wife is well aware I want to suck cock but she won't consent to it. She isn't grossed out by the idea or anything like that. She is however unaware I am actively seeking a man to realise my fantasy with.

Why are you all arguing over jack shit , trying to out do each other this one said that so what , this is just a seedy sex site for us dirty old men and so what , get your cocks out boys

"Amusses me someone who claims to be far more intelligent than many members on this site, who's aim seems to be to belittle others, struggles so much to understand the simplist things!

I have NEVER said or claimed to be, in your words "far more intelligent than many members on this site"! Though in your case if I was to make such a claim it would be wholly justified as there are no such words as 'amusses' an 'simplist'! "

I have often fancied a bit of Fone sex in the mornings but my accent stops me calling

"Amusses me someone who claims to be far more intelligent than many members on this site, who's aim seems to be to belittle others, struggles so much to understand the simplist things!

I have NEVER said or claimed to be, in your words "far more intelligent than many members on this site"! Though in your case if I was to make such a claim it would be wholly justified as there are no such words as 'amusses' an 'simplist'!

I have often fancied a bit of Fone sex in the mornings but my accent stops me calling"

Would that be a Hyundai

I have NEVER said or claimed to be, in your words "far more intelligent than many members on this site"! Though in your case if I was to make such a claim it would be wholly justified as there are no such words as 'amusses' an 'simplist'!

I have often fancied a bit of Fone sex in the mornings but my accent stops me calling

Would that be a Hyundai "

If it is, it was a long time ago, LOL

Would that be a Hyundai

If it is, it was a long time ago, LOL"

My point exactly lol.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ewcocol  (M) 19 weeks ago

It is a very common occurrence to see the value three quarters displayed as 3/4. Not everyone has the capability of being able to input the actual ¾ symbol, especially those members using a phone or a tablet.

Pretending not to realise that gets you no credit whatsoever.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *reasemonkey  (M) 19 weeks ago

Doncaster looking for friends to dress with or just to dress me up

*ltrent47 By *ltrent47   profile verified by photo (M) 17 weeks ago

I'd rather take clothes off than put them on, lol!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *torm36  (TV/TS/CD) 10 weeks ago

would love to come round and dress with you xXx

XXX pic...
login to view
By *torm36  (TV/TS/CD) 10 weeks ago

"Doncaster looking for friends to dress with or just to dress me up "

….would love to cum round and dress with you sexy bum xXx

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

Comments welcome. "

Yes you are probably being a bit on the sensitive side but I do know what you mean. I feel that way about the term 'fuck buddies' which I find quite derogatory.

I suppose it depends how you interact with your FwBs and whether it is simply a regular shag or something more meaningful.

Over the years I have had many FwBs both male and female and a few I still see more than 10 years after meeting them although one of them I see around two or three times a year only.

Long term FwBs are those I enjoy the company of as well as having sex with them and we have a mutual respect for each other.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

I've got some friends who are on benefits

Does that count?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 9 weeks ago

I think it is ok ... absolutely...

If 2 adults desided to have such kind of relationship (friendship with benefits) then they clearly understand what they want and expect.

I use to have 2 friends with benefits (discr 2 married guys) and we all knew that this is only about sex but sometimes we could went for a dinner or just met up for a coffee.

Even sometimes we hadn't place for a meet it was absolutely ok to rent a place and pay equally for it.

So, maybe the 1st message was really a bit sensitive or maybe just a guy do not know what he wants

In some cases I payed for the rent of space and Thisbe is ok, cos to search guys that acc is wasted time (a lot of guys , according to my experience, waste time just for a search where to be accommodated. I cannot spend my time in this inefficient way)

Add a new message to this topic