New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login359492 members (110 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > All the Thai football team rescued

See newest message in thread

All the Thai football team rescued

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Great news my thoughts go out to the team and all those who took part in the rescue.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

Fantastic news, what a job those in the rescue team have done, but let us not forget the hero that gave his life in joining the team.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

I'm delighted. I have been following this story from the beginning and always hoped it would have a happy ending but feared it wouldn't. However it was tragic that the one diver drowned in this perilous rescue mission.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *H23   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

I was chuffed to bits when I heard they all got out, but as stated before, let’s remember the guy that gave his life to help them.

By *aravaggio  (M) 10 weeks ago

But why did a bunch of 12 yr olds go in there in the first place? 2.5 miles, through gaps as small as 15" … ????

XXX pic...
login to view

The answer is in the question, they are young boys, always looking for an adventure.

XXX pic...
login to view

Also they are aged 12 to 15, so the younger ones are trying to impress the older boys. Then as the waters rose, I presume they carried on, hoping to find it was a tunnel

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

"The answer is in the question, they are young boys, always looking for an adventure."

They went in with their coach. Apparently it was quite safe until the rain came and flooded some of the access routes.

By *annyboy87  (M) 10 weeks ago

"I was chuffed to bits when I heard they all got out, but as stated before, let’s remember the guy that gave his life to help them."

lets not forget the hero

XXX pic...
login to view
By *hanger   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

One life given is one too many. However it could so easily have been thirteen.

I hope the family of the diver who died get proper financial support in the long term, as that will at least ease some of their problems and help them in their time of great grief.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ewcocol  (M) 10 weeks ago

"The answer is in the question, they are young boys, always looking for an adventure.

They went in with their coach. Apparently it was quite safe until the rain came and flooded some of the access routes."

As an adult, one would expect him to be responsible and aware of it being the rainy season, and have done some basic research. It is completely down to him that he took children into a dangerous situation.

I think we also need to bear in mind that it is not a Western society, so it isn't unreasonable to assume that the children's parents quite probably are nowhere near as well educated. It is endemic that in such regions there is a much stronger trust in figures of authority such as a teacher, as he is. Those parents may well have allowed the children to go on this trip not appreciating the potential danger.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *angkokjoe  (M) 10 weeks ago

as I live over here I can tell that the "rainy season" is full monsoon. It rains so hard that local roads can have 18" of water in them in minutes. To go pot holing at such times was lunacy!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *onsterBlast  (M) 10 weeks ago

"I think we also need to bear in mind that it is not a Western society, so it isn't unreasonable to assume that the children's parents quite probably are nowhere near as well educated. "

I think you've just highlighted your own lack of education by saying that only Westerners have a decent education.

The parents are not blaming the coach although its seems a rather foolhardy thing to have done and we would never have allowed it in this country with all our health and safety measures.

I've only been to the far east once and that was during the monsoon season. Never seen rain like it. Made one of our heavy storms look like a slight shower.

XXX pic...
login to view

"as I live over here I can tell that the "rainy season" is full monsoon. It rains so hard that local roads can have 18" of water in them in minutes. To go pot holing at such times was lunacy!"

It wasn't the monsoon, it was a storm that flooded the tunnels.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *aked4u2   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

Thank goodness they ALL came out safe and as well as can be expected !

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

"Thank goodness they ALL came out safe and as well as can be expected !"

Well one poor rescuer died because of others stupidity and recklessness.

"as I live over here I can tell that the "rainy season" is full monsoon. It rains so hard that local roads can have 18" of water in them in minutes. To go pot holing at such times was lunacy!

It wasn't the monsoon, it was a storm that flooded the tunnels."

Monsoons=rain=storms. Usually sort sharp bursts during the summer months in that part of the world. Often leads to flooding. Not like Manchester, where I understand you are a frequent visitor , where it just drizzles for 20 minutes in every quarter of an hour

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 10 weeks ago

I wish I knew the full story as some on here seem to know. What I have know I read in the rags or on the news. We need to stop doing the western thing and looking for blame and compensation and rather just being happy that there was only 1 death.

Whilst the coach might have been a little reckless usually these sort of people do it for the right reason, i.e. getting the kids away from 1 life and trying to show them something else. Again I dont know I am generallising.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ld seeking young   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

Like everyone else, I am very happy, that all the boys & their coach, got out alive.

Very sad, that one diver lost his life.

I just hope, someone in authority, will make sure these caves are completely blocked up, so that something like this, can never happen again.

One life lost, is one too many.

XXX pic...
login to view

"as I live over here I can tell that the "rainy season" is full monsoon. It rains so hard that local roads can have 18" of water in them in minutes. To go pot holing at such times was lunacy!

Monsoons=rain=storms. Usually sort sharp bursts during the summer months in that part of the world. Often leads to flooding. Not like Manchester, where I understand you are a frequent visitor , where it just drizzles for 20 minutes in every quarter of an hour "

That's why they got the cotton trade.

The monsoon wasn't due for another month, that's why they went down the tunnels. The storm was an isolated one.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Like everyone else, I am very happy, that all the boys & their coach, got out alive.

I just hope, someone in authority, will make sure these caves are completely blocked up, so that something like this, can never happen again.

One life lost, is one too many."

And we'll put a fence around Everest to stop those silly mountaineers climbing it.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Like everyone else, I am very happy, that all the boys & their coach, got out alive.

And we'll put a fence around Everest to stop those silly mountaineers climbing it.

XXX pic...
login to view

Monsoons=rain=storms. Usually sort sharp bursts during the summer months in that part of the world. Often leads to flooding. Not like Manchester, where I understand you are a frequent visitor , where it just drizzles for 20 minutes in every quarter of an hour

That's why they got the cotton trade.

The monsoon wasn't due for another month, that's why they went down the tunnels. The storm was an isolated one."

I always thought the monsoon season began in June. Admittedly it gets worse as the summer wears on.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *angkokjoe  (M) 10 weeks ago

Actually the rainy season started early this year, we've had monsoon deluges since April. By the way we are still having them, the reservoirs to the East of the city have never had so much water in them.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ewcocol  (M) 10 weeks ago

That'll be three fences then Scouse.

XXX pic...
login to view

"That'll be three fences then Scouse. "

It's a big mountain,lol.

Don't know what happened there.

The latest news is that the caves are going to be turned into a sort of museum/theme park. A morbid attraction for the ghouls.

Add a new message to this topic