New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login357932 members (110 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > How many???

See newest message in thread

How many???

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Never mind being sucked or fucked I just found out something much more interesting

Do you still send cheques? Did you think they had almost died the death? Do you know how many were cleared in the first quarter of 2018?

65.4 million!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*t one fell swoop By *t one fell swoop   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

I pay the milkman by cheque once a month. Stick it in an envelope in the empty bottle on the doorstep.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *artinfrimley   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

You have a milkman ?? I thought they’d all died out too

Cheques wise, money in birthday cards still but otherwise not if I can help it and from a business point if view I try to avoid them unless there is literally no other option

By *aravaggio  (M) 2 weeks ago

Receiving a cheque is a pain in the arse. There are no local banks around me so its a case of queuing to get into a city centre, then searching for a parking place, before having to walk amongst the great unwashed … yuk!! Its so easy to xfer money nowadays, why do cheques still exist?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *uff_boy  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Receiving a cheque is a pain in the arse. There are no local banks around me so its a case of queuing to get into a city centre, then searching for a parking place, before having to walk amongst the great unwashed … yuk!! Its so easy to xfer money nowadays, why do cheques still exist?"

Get a Lloyds bank account and with the online app you can pay them in by taking a photo of the cheque on your phone.

XXX pic...
login to view

My milkman, window cleaner and gardener willingly accept cheques so there are a lot of small businesses that do. On saying that .. I pay the milkman and gardener online and the window cleaner in cash.

I have leased a small commercial premises for over twenty years and still send them a quarterly cheque!

If I'm paid by cheque these days it's always from someone elderly.

It's strange that as cheques become used less the technology for them has advanced. As a previous poster stated you can photograph a cheque and pay it in using a phone app.

the banks themselves have stopped posting cheques between themselves and also use photo technology so a cheque can clear in a quarter of the time it took previously.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

"My milkman, window cleaner and gardener willingly accept cheques so there are a lot of small businesses that do. On saying that .. I pay the milkman and gardener online and the window cleaner in cash

"

Do milkmen still exist? I know one who was made redundant about 3 years ago. A gardener and a window cleaner? How nouveau riche! we vieux pauvre have to do these things ourselves.

Just found my cheque book. Last cheque I wrote was for council tax at the beginning of the year. I now pay that online as well.

By *aravaggio  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Receiving a cheque is a pain in the arse. There are no local banks around me so its a case of queuing to get into a city centre, then searching for a parking place, before having to walk amongst the great unwashed … yuk!! Its so easy to xfer money nowadays, why do cheques still exist?

Get a Lloyds bank account and with the online app you can pay them in by taking a photo of the cheque on your phone. "

I didn't know you could do that, thanks for the info, I will investigate whether Midland Bank have that facility ..

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

Midland Bank? It was taken over by HSBC

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rad55   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

"Midland Bank? It was taken over by HSBC"

I always thought it was the HKSBC?

THere is no K... but HSBC stands for Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation

"My milkman, window cleaner and gardener willingly accept cheques so there are a lot of small businesses that do. On saying that .. I pay the milkman and gardener online and the window cleaner in cash

Do milkmen still exist? I know one who was made redundant about 3 years ago. A gardener and a window cleaner? How nouveau riche! we vieux pauvre have to do these things ourselves.

Just found my cheque book. Last cheque I wrote was for council tax at the beginning of the year. I now pay that online as well."

The milk is more expensive than at the supermarket but it's nice to get the bottle on the step in the mrning - in glass, that is rinsed and returned, and not in a plastic bottle along with billions of others each year.

XXX pic...
login to view

Just found my cheque book. Last cheque I wrote was for council tax at the beginning of the year. I now pay that online as well."

Yes my milkman does lol. I try to support small local businesses and as ‘_t one fell swoop’ says it’s nice to have real bottles delivered to the doorstep. As for the other maintenance help I get .. I’m too old to clamber up ladders to attend windows or hedges .. and not one of these guys is horny or up for it haha.

I’m getting used to the demise of cheques and just getting used to electronic contactless purchases .. I’m becoming a modern man .. I might even stop wearing my flares

Just found my cheque book. Last cheque I wrote was for council tax at the beginning of the year. I now pay that online as well.

Yes my milkman does lol. I try to support small local businesses and as ‘_t one fell swoop’ says it’s nice to have real bottles delivered to the doorstep. As for the other maintenance help I get .. I’m too old to clamber up ladders to attend windows or hedges .. and not one of these guys is horny or up for it haha.

I’m getting used to the demise of cheques and just getting used to electronic contactless purchases .. I’m becoming a modern man .. I might even stop wearing my flares "

I've only lived here full time for about 4 or 5 months. So far I haven't seen a window cleaner and being a bungalow I can just about manage them myself. I'm quite enjoying turning the jungle back into a garden and so far I have resisted all these charming, handsome men who offer to come and cut my hedges.

I use cars for just about everything these days. Have a contactless one but not keen on using it. Prefer the pin method.

By *orderguard  (M) 2 weeks ago

I do a lot of contract work and still get paid mostly by cheques which can be a pain paying them in with so many small town banks closing. I find that I rarely write a cheque these days. Everything by card or online or direct debit.

"I use cars for just about everything these days. Have a contactless one but not keen on using it. Prefer the pin method."

My little Peugeot isn't contactless, but I may get one next time.

Just tell your clients to pay by bank transfer. You can take card payments by using a small device connected to your mobile phone. There are several types. Just google for them.

"I use cars for just about everything these days. Have a contactless one but not keen on using it. Prefer the pin method.

My little Peugeot isn't contactless, but I may get one next time."

I also have a little Peugeot and try hard to keep it contactless after a slight brush with a wall after skidding on ice.

My little Peugeot has had a few little brushes with drunks on the way home from the pub so it's now on passenger side mirror mark 3.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ingeslut    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

"My little Peugeot has had a few little brushes with drunks on the way home from the pub so it's now on passenger side mirror mark 3."

You shouldn't let it out on it's own......

XXX pic...
login to view
By *emused   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

" so far I have resisted all these charming, handsome men who offer to come and cut my hedges.

"

There is something quite calming and theraputic about having your bush trimmed by an expert!

"My little Peugeot has had a few little brushes with drunks on the way home from the pub so it's now on passenger side mirror mark 3.

You shouldn't let it out on it's own......"

What can you do when they think they're all grown up?

"My little Peugeot has had a few little brushes with drunks on the way home from the pub so it's now on passenger side mirror mark 3."

Maybe you shouldn'y run into drunks

Add a new message to this topic