New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login365330 members (6 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > What would you have done? - The Ryanair Incident

See newest message in thread

What would you have done? - The Ryanair Incident

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 39 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

If you'd been cabin crew would you have thrown the guy off?

I think we can all agree his racist diatribe was appalling.

But would it have justified severely delaying the other 188 people (in single class mode the 737-800 seats 189)?

Plus the knock on delay and inconvenience to later flights many hundreds of people would have suffered delay or cancellation.

It emerged today that UK police would have had no jurisdiction over investigating and pursuing a prosecution as the event happened in Barcelona prior to the start of the flight. The authorities where the plane is registered (Dublin) would also have jurisdiction but the plane was not going there.

The only option would have been to cancel take-off and wait for the Spanish authorities if they decided they wanted to pursue the issue.

Given the likely outcome would have been a caution for the elderly bigot would severe delays have been worth it?

What would your decision have been if you were cabin crew and why?

I agree with what Ryanair crew did, they:

1. Moved the lady somewhere safe near to her relative

2. Submit a report to the UK authorities after ascertaining the legal position

3. Ban the elderly bigot from ever flying with Ryanair again

Any other action could have just inflamed the situation.

What do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 39 weeks ago

It might sound a bit draconian and old fashioned but perhaps they should have lock-ups/cells on planes where they can put misbehaving passengers until the plane lands and they can hand them over to the authorities. There seems to be more and more cases of passengers throwing hissy fits or being drunk and disorderly. Can't really stop a plane like a coach or train, and kick them off.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ickyboy  (M) 39 weeks ago

i knew nothing of this story but i just watched the video . its clear the type of person he is just by looking at him . what he said was a disgrace and seems he is from our country i think .i hope the police deal with him as what he did is not nice but i dont think he looks like the type of guy who is nice anyway . and now everyone knows it as he has shown to the world what a foul mouthed bit of scum he is .

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 39 weeks ago

Think the foul mouthed racist scum bag should have been the one to move seats and not the poor victim to begin with, also find it incredible that a person on a flight to Britain is not able to be dealt with by the British authorities as it had not yet taken off.

By *nderwearlover  (M) 39 weeks ago

"It might sound a bit draconian and old fashioned but perhaps they should have lock-ups/cells on planes where they can put misbehaving passengers until the plane lands and they can hand them over to the authorities. There seems to be more and more cases of passengers throwing hissy fits or being drunk and disorderly. Can't really stop a plane like a coach or train, and kick them off."

I agree. more should be done but this incident happend whilst the aircraft was on the ground in barcelona. Never or less a crime has happened and the spanish authorities should have been called and had this man removed for questioning or after seeing the footage a possible mental health check up.

If the passenger was verbally or physically abusive to the crew i bet your bottom dollar the police would have been called and the flight delayed.

If an incident happens mid flight the aircraft should divert and land and the costs of this should be paid by the person causing the disruption.

I would have been quite happy to be delayed whilst they sorted this incident out.

By *issy graham  (M) 39 weeks ago

A Catalonian body has filed complaints against Ryanair for not taking action against the bigot who has now been identified.

With any luck, he will be tried in a Spanish court and do time in a Spanish jail. Disgusting person. I hope that Ryanair are fined as well.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ayMan007   profile verified by photo (M) 39 weeks ago

They should have tazered him and left him in his seat to sleep it off. Then all the passengers would have had a pleasant flight.

By *annyboy87  (M) 39 weeks ago

If removing the bigot from the plane all together would cause a domino effect of problems .Then they should moved him to another seat tell him move seats or get of plane end of

Maybe some will think they did right thing but ryanair should apologized and gave victim money back

By *ushitinhard  (M) 39 weeks ago

I think, regarless of who the guy is or who plane belongs too or where it is, this guy should of been removed by the Spanish orthorities and delt with.

with all the threats from terrorism and idiots and drunks..there should be laws inplace for our safety!

why havnt airports got a quick reponse team to rush in and remove trouble makers before they take off !

one person or 50, remove them with the video footage an sort it. Those caught causing trouble on airplanes should know before they get on if they cause a problem they get a severe penaltie and lose there tickets, let them make other arangments to get home.

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

I think the best punishment would be for one of the tabloid newspapers to "out" him, publicly name and shame him. See how he feels to be ostracised and pilloried in public

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

Ah! he has been identified. a quick search on Google is what I should have done first.

Apparently his neighbours in the sheltered housing complex in Birmingham where he livesthink he is a bully. He moved there from Barking quite recently.

Allegedly he is David Mesher, aged 70, according to Mirror online

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 39 weeks ago

"A Catalonian body has filed complaints against Ryanair for not taking action against the bigot who has now been identified.

With any luck, he will be tried in a Spanish court and do time in a Spanish jail. Disgusting person. I hope that Ryanair are fined as well."

Well said

XXX pic...
login to view

"Think the foul mouthed racist scum bag should have been the one to move seats and not the poor victim to begin with, also find it incredible that a person on a flight to Britain is not able to be dealt with by the British authorities as it had not yet taken off."

I think trying to move the elderly bigot would have just inflamed the situation. The lady was happy to move. Aviation law is very clear British Authorities would have no right to prosecute. This case would never have got to trial as the CPS would not have sanctioned it. The police would not even be able to caution him here.

XXX pic...
login to view

"A Catalonian body has filed complaints against Ryanair for not taking action against the bigot who has now been identified.

With any luck, he will be tried in a Spanish court and do time in a Spanish jail. Disgusting person. I hope that Ryanair are fined as well."

There is an indication the Spanish authorities may not have attended because there was no violence or threat of violence. They take a slightly different attitude to these situations in Spain and the guy would not even have been cautioned it is being reported in the Spanish press.

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 39 weeks ago

There was probably no action by the Spanish police because it wasn't reported to them. Ryanair cabin crew dont get paid whilst on the ground and didn't take any action at all until the last minute.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 39 weeks ago

I've just watched the footage. What a vile, hateful man. I hadn't realised that the plane was still on the ground so he should have been ejected [actually he should have been ejected whilst in flight without a parachute] Ryanair mishandled the situation completely.

*ovebug By *ovebug   profile verified by photo (M) 39 weeks ago

this disgusting and and hateful man should be banned from every airline in the uk and europe.

there is no words to describe this utter vile man and hope the approiate authorities take right action against him

By *orum reader  (M) 39 weeks ago

"Removed the bigot from the plane, put him on the stand on his knees then put a bullet through his head. Problem solved. "

I think suggesting someone is killed for saying something mosting us find disgusting is as bad as the comments made by the " gentleman "

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ister Pfister   profile verified by photo (M) 39 weeks ago

I would like to have heard what was said BEFORE the videoing started

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *imonipswich    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 39 weeks ago

"Removed the bigot from the plane, put him on the stand on his knees then put a bullet through his head. Problem solved.

I think suggesting someone is killed for saying something mosting us find disgusting is as bad as the comments made by the " gentleman ""

Another bleeding heart liberal!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ngelaCDuk  (M) 39 weeks ago

i am not defending what was said ,but there is always two sides to a story ,people are always ready to hang someone without knowing all the facts.Lets waita nd see what happens or if the truth from both sides comes out before passing judgement on someone none of us have ever met.

By *nderwearlover  (M) 39 weeks ago

Just had an interesting PM over my comments made.

I stated that he should have been removed from the flight and the police called.

The PM to me presumed that I would not have said the same thing if it was a black person attacking a white person.

When i replied that it does not make one slightest bit of difference if it was the other way around and that he should not presume what i am thinking the user blocked me.

Crazy

We as part of this forum belong to a minority. We as gay or bi or trans or whatever face abuse everyday yet this prick feels that because i have defended a black woman for being racially abused and presuming that i would not have done the same the otherway around shows that this user is a bit unhinged.

I would defend anyone being attacked and so would 99 percent of people.

Why send me a private message in the first place????? If my comments we so offensive to you why not post on the thread regarding the topic so others can see your basic dipshittery and utter arseholery.

I have not blocked you so please feel free to debate your argument instead of running away after a childish comment...

By *arcusUK2  (M) 38 weeks ago

I would have got the lady's offspring to suck me off while all the commotion was going on.

By *annyboy87  (M) 38 weeks ago

"Just had an interesting PM over my comments made.

I stated that he should have been removed from the flight and the police called.

The PM to me presumed that I would not have said the same thing if it was a black person attacking a white person.

When i replied that it does not make one slightest bit of difference if it was the other way around and that he should not presume what i am thinking the user blocked me.

Crazy

We as part of this forum belong to a minority. We as gay or bi or trans or whatever face abuse everyday yet this prick feels that because i have defended a black woman for being racially abused and presuming that i would not have done the same the otherway around shows that this user is a bit unhinged.

Why send me a private message in the first place????? If my comments we so offensive to you why not post on the thread regarding the topic so others can see your basic dipshittery and utter arseholery.

I have not blocked you so please feel free to debate your argument instead of running away after a childish comment..."

very well said mr underwearer

"Just had an interesting PM over my comments made.

Crazy

I have not blocked you so please feel free to debate your argument instead of running away after a childish comment..."

very well said

By *aravaggio  (M) 38 weeks ago

Forget the racist element as that will always be an argument waiting to happen. At the very least, he should have been taken off the plane for being abusive towards another passenger. So what if his luggage is still in the hold, he should have thought about that when he started his rant.

"Forget the racist element as that will always be an argument waiting to happen. At the very least, he should have been taken off the plane for being abusive towards another passenger. So what if his luggage is still in the hold, he should have thought about that when he started his rant. "

you are so right mr c

Add a new message to this topic