New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364743 members (7 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > prostate

See newest message in thread

prostate

XXX pic...
login to view
By *antieman1947  (M)  over a year ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Hi Guys. I have been told that I have an enlarged prostrate.I have been given 2 types of medication.But I find that I have to get up about 3 to 5 times in the morning to have a pee.

Which is not very good I wondered if this is a common problem.And also losing the desire to have a wank, this is a serious post.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M)  over a year ago

This is a common problem among older men. I recommend you see your GP and ask for all the info you need. All the best.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

As men get older their prostate enlarges some more than others.

Whilst some enlargement is entirely down to ageing and harmless, another potential reason is cancer of the prostate.

If you've been prescribed medication then you've probably been seen by a doctor who should have evaluated your risk of having cancer already and sent you for tests if he/she thinks you're at risk.

The side effects of any medicine should have been explained to you. If you're unsure go back to the GP and talk about potential options and ramifications of coming off the medication if you can't live with the side effects.

A reduced dosage may be viable.

Good luck.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

The medication should help reduce the number of times you need to pee. If it isn't then go back to your GP asap.

Sadly a lot of prostate problems do play havoc with your libido

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ornyuk121  (M)  over a year ago

While I was having hormone therapy my libido was at rock bottom

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had prostate cancer in 2005, was treated and cured. Yes side effects can be a bugger but do fade with time.

Anyone want to chat about it get in touch. Don't suffer alone.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ustercrab  (M) 41 weeks ago

Sorry to hear that it's not good bud could be a lot worse as you probably know I have a healthy prostate I think yours is probably puttin pressure on your bladder hence the pee thing I used to have get out of bed regularly to pee but after cutting down on caffeine and taking saw palmetto tablets I rarely have the problem why is it putting you off wanking, is it painful if so going to see a doctor though embarrassing is probably advisable

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ouncy   premium paying member (M) 41 weeks ago

"Sorry to hear that it's not good bud could be a lot worse as you probably know I have a healthy prostate I think yours is probably puttin pressure on your bladder hence the pee thing I used to have get out of bed regularly to pee but after cutting down on caffeine and taking saw palmetto tablets I rarely have the problem why is it putting you off wanking, is it painful if so going to see a doctor though embarrassing is probably advisable "

Definitely agree on cutting down the caffeine. It can irritate the bladder apparently.

Your medication might be causing the lack of libido. Google the tablets and see what the side-effects are, then go see your GP to see if there are any alternatives.

Add a new message to this topic