New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login365115 members (6 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Cold Calls

See newest message in thread

Cold Calls

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 32 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Just had a phone call. A lady on the other end said:

"Hi. I'm Daisy from the Funeral Advise Centre...…."

My reply before putting the phone down:

"I'm not dead yet"

Is there no end to this ridiculous cold calling?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ayMan007   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

It's far more likely that she was calling from a 'Funeral Advice Centre'.

I have an answer machine and do not answer the phone until whoever is calling starts to leave a message. Then if it is someone I do want to talk to, I pick up the phone.

By *aravaggio  (M) 32 weeks ago

If its a woman on the line, I put on an annoyed voice and tell her I'm having sex at the moment, could she call back …. they usually say I'm sorry, and hang up.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ebelatsea    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 32 weeks ago

By *ormat  (M) 32 weeks ago

I've been tempted to engage in conversation and start getting personal. "Tell me Sue, what are you wearing? What colour knickers?" See what happens.

Or invite in a Jehovi couple and come on to one or both of them. Should at least keep them from coming around again!

*amishmac By *amishmac  (M) 32 weeks ago

If it is a bloke cold calling I tell him he has a sexy voice and can we talk sex? It has ever led onto anything!

One of my fantasies is to invite in the young and good looking mormons for a drink and sex!

"

One of my fantasies is to invite in the young and good looking mormons for a drink and sex!"

Nice idea but probably not a good one. I invited them in once when I was convalescing after an op, and bored. All they wanted to drink was iced water. I tried to bring up the subject of sex but they avoided it. All I got was a history of their rather strange religion, a book which I felt obliged to purchase but never read, and the promise that my name would be carved into the rock of some ;holy mountain; in Utah!

By *etssee5  (M) 32 weeks ago

"If its a woman on the line, I put on an annoyed voice and tell her I'm having sex at the moment, could she call back …. they usually say I'm sorry, and hang up. "

...and if its a man you invite him round?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 32 weeks ago

There are lots of ways to wind them up, and I do if I can be arsed, just say, I did what you said last time we spoke, but there is lots of blood, or I got the gun and will be there as promised. But failing that, just say hang on I will get them for you, and leave the phone and make a brew, they will hang up. Failing all that, just get BT. phone blocker.

By *earnelg  (M) 32 weeks ago

If the caller sounds like a young bloke I sometimes say, in a low erotic voice, "What are you wearing?". They gone!

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ebelatsea    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 32 weeks ago

"If the caller sounds like a young bloke I sometimes say, in a low erotic voice, "What are you wearing?". They gone!"

One cold call I had was allegedly from my mobile phone provider but obviously a scam. He sounded quite young and not very sure of himself. I said "you are not very good at this" he replied "at what?" so I said "Scamming" There was a silence and the line went dead. I had thought of making some sexual innuendo but thought better of it in case it was genuine and being recorded.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *dge73   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

I do this when they ask for any paperwork i say ill go and look for it then leave them on the line pick it up every now and again and say im still looking for them then at the end say sorry i cant find them

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ayMan007   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

"I do this when they ask for any paperwork i say ill go and look for it then leave them on the line pick it up every now and again and say im still looking for them then at the end say sorry i cant find them "

They're asking for paperwork while on the phone?

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

I've recently had a number of calls in which the caller says he is from BT and my telephone and internet are about to be disconnected unless I press 1 or 2. What would happen if I pressed either number?

By *aravaggio  (M) 32 weeks ago

"I do this when they ask for any paperwork i say ill go and look for it then leave them on the line pick it up every now and again and say im still looking for them then at the end say sorry i cant find them

They're asking for paperwork while on the phone? "

Yes … quite believable. PPI details??? Talking about believable …. can you run those 33 first time cocks past us again???? ….

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

I used to have a phone on which I could put the caller on hold and it played music ...... how satisfying was that lol.

Most of my friends send me a text, so my landline is set to Fax mode, then all they hear is a odd buzzing sound on the line !

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ntrakota  (M) 32 weeks ago

No matter if it’s the phone or the door I just say

“I’m afraid mum and dad are out at the moment”

The older you get the better it feels.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rish_bi_sporty  (M) 32 weeks ago

When I get the calls from the car accident people I saw is that the 1 where I lost my legs and was in a coma for 6 months. After silence, they hang up. or another I use is don't think so I'm thalidomide. they don't know what it is and say sorry I say I don't want your pity just stop feckin calling me

By *annyboy87  (M) 32 weeks ago

Is there any way of stopping these cold?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rish_bi_sporty  (M) 32 weeks ago

not really as these eejits are using computers to fire out random mobile numbers but now doing a local area code landlines numbers but I use an app on android called whocalls if I number calls you and its a cold caller you can name it and then others will know if they call again also u can see if someone else names a number. plus u can block them from calling and texting

XXX pic...
login to view

Some occasionally do get through the system, I had one a while back it was a recorded message saying criminal charges had been filed against me for tax fraud, and left a number telling me to phone to find out more details. I thought it was a new scam, but according to a friend of mine it has been doing the rounds for a while.

*roypup By *roypup   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

Watch out for the on3 that says they are going to disconnect your internet or your sky tv....I just say don’t talk rubbish, and luckily I got a new bt call blocker phone, I just press the block button on my phone and just say byeeeeee! And my phone records their number and blocks it.

When they say they are from sky if they are Asian I don’t believe them because the majority of sky’s call centres are in Scotland(mainly Glasgow) and use Scottish staff, most of who have a strong Scottish accent

"Some occasionally do get through the system, I had one a while back it was a recorded message saying criminal charges had been filed against me for tax fraud, and left a number telling me to phone to find out more details. I thought it was a new scam, but according to a friend of mine it has been doing the rounds for a while."

I have two mobile phones and I have had the bogus Tax Office message on both, as has a good friend of mine.

XXX pic...
login to view

The bogus tax call was on my landline, but new to me.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *athy_CD  (TV/TS/CD) 32 weeks ago

Phone scams are rife these days, & some of them are very clever.

For more in_ormation look up "Jim Browning" on YouTube.

*amishmac By *amishmac  (M) 32 weeks ago

With the “I understand you were involved in an accident that was not your fault” ones I reply by saying “Is that the one in which my family were all killed?” Response can vary from the call being terminated to “I will put you through to my supervisor”!

Yes the bogus Tax Office scam is normally around at the end or start of a new Tax Year and if you are on PAYE then you know it's a con as they would be dealing with your employer. For those self employed then all the info would be with your local tax office, as you would have given details of any Accountant who would be dealing with your application and the IR would be in contact with them and NOT you !

XXX pic...
login to view
By *hickmeatmilker  (M) 31 weeks ago

i had one 2 days ago saying my recent application for my car tax was valid because of errors..i could be find up to £1000 pound,up date billing details..i dont think so it was renewed last year.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 31 weeks ago

A recent one doing the rounds is for youths football trials, these scumbags will try anything, but sadly people do fall for it.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 25 weeks ago

I see the one supposedly from BT. is doing the rounds again, threatening to disconnect your phone etc. These scumbags never give up do they. Nice to see they got one of them last week, a guy from the midlands with a wife and children, he got two years jail I am very happy to say.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 25 weeks ago

Had the BT one five times since Friday, the last time i answered the phone by announcing myself as 'Fraud Squad' for some reason they haven't rang again.....yet!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ayMan007   profile verified by photo (M) 25 weeks ago

No one has to lie to these people. Just get an answer machine and only pick up the phone if it is someone that you want to talk to!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 25 weeks ago

BT. phone blocker is free if you are with BT. Just block all the calls they send, it costs them money so if we all do it they will soon give up. All the phoney supposedly BT. calls I have received start with 0128 others start with 0011 and 0066.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *enior 74    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 18 weeks ago

I've had a couple recently after looking at sex videos saying ring a number do not turn your phone off as you not be able to if you don't ring the number they have given you i just shut my phone off. And turn it back on no problem

Add a new message to this topic