New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364873 members (9 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Flat Earth Society

See newest message in thread

Flat Earth Society

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 33 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Latest News: The Flat Earth Society are proud to announce record levels of membership for 2019 from around the World.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 33 weeks ago

There are loads of flat earther videos on youtube. Hilarious to watch.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 33 weeks ago

There is one on Netflix where they buy in a lot of expensive scientific equipment to prove their theories. Tens of thousands, except every experiment disproves their theories, and confirms reality, they then compound their issues by refusing to accept the evidence of their own experiment!!!

Proven beyond doubt for me when kids launched a bear with a camera into space and took photos, big beautiful bear and a curved Earth. My kids miserable teacher refused to launch a bear of their own.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *odfreywilliams  (M) 33 weeks ago

Flat Earth.......Everyone knows we are actually a computer simulation running to find the question to the answer of 42

XXX pic...
login to view
By *H23   profile verified by photo (M) 33 weeks ago

We all know the answer is 23.

*elicityfellatio By *elicityfellatio  (TV/TS/CD) 33 weeks ago

Deep thought

By *etssee5  (M) 32 weeks ago

"Latest News: The Flat Earth Society are proud to announce record levels of membership for 2019 from around the World."

Is this not a contradiction in itself?

If the earth is flat how do they go AROUND it to get members?

I also wonder....

Has anybody on this site reached around for a member?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinesque  (M) 32 weeks ago

They need serious psychiatric care!

To where do they think the Sun disappears, when night time comes?

Where has the Sun been when it rises? The flip-side?

Do they suspect that there is another entire side to their coin-shaped Earth: heads, it's day - tails, it's night?

The sun could be coin shaped and flip night to day but not a flat earth otherwise there would be another dimension, being the same earth on each side? The more you think about it the more tricky it gets

I mean you could have sun one side and moon the other but not earth two sided. earth flat would not have a reverse side but the sun/moon could be like heads/tails.

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

We are each but a figment of our imaginations, so it may aswell be square with twee little extensions here and there ...... nothing "exists", but our thoughts.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 32 weeks ago

It's actually easier to explain with the concept of orbiting spheres than with the, be kind, theories they come up with. But they remain wedded to these ideas despite evidence to the contrary. You can even launch your own balloon into space with a camera and photograph it. But for some facts aren't enough. That said I believe Apollo and the moon landings were a hoax, but I worked in that industry, a lot of people there burst out laughing when you talk about the accepted facts. But that's another thread on another site.

Whatever happened to Derek Akora?

Was he not an expert in something?

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

He was supposed to hunt out ghosts, but was found out when a film crew set him up.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ayMan007   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

The moon landings were most definitely NOT a hoax! How do you explain the 842 pounds of moon rock that was brought back to Earth during the Apollo missions?

By *awtyCawty  (M) 32 weeks ago

"Whatever happened to Derek Akora?

"

He was an ‘expert’ in something that doesn’t exist.

By *ohnBoy67  (M) 32 weeks ago

There is no dark side of the moon......

As a matter of fact 'It is all dark'

So said Pink Floyd, at the VERY end of their subliminal album of the same name.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 32 weeks ago

"Whatever happened to Derek Akora?

"

Before he became 'famous' he used to have a fortune telling booth on various fairgrounds in Cornwall. A bit of a charlatan then and no doubt still is.

Lol.

That whole ghost hunt program was a hoax.

Yvette Fielding dressed like a victorian doll to set the mood!

The filmcrew set poor Derek up as a fallguy!

He just gave the people what they want, something to believe in, he should get into politics!

The other guy on it distanced himself and now passes himself off as an expert on anything other than ghostly goings on. Currently he seems to be one of the goto guys on anything historical or biblical. When these are the people telling us the facts on tv it is difficult to believe them even when you know what theyre saying is true.

XXX pic...
login to view

I still speak, now and then, to people who don't believe that the Moon rotates on an axis, but they're solicitors, one architect, one magistrate and two coach drivers...quite a variety.

XXX pic...
login to view

As for Derek Acorah...(from The Daily Thingy).

"Ciaran, who joined Most Haunted in April 2004 became suspicious of Acorah's antics on a shoot at Castle Leslie, Co Monaghan in Ireland where a 17th Century four-poster bed has been claimed to levitate.

Ciaran recalls: "As we walked into the bedroom, Derek touched the bed and came out with extremely accurate information.

"He insisted he got all the information just from touching the bed. But it was the wrong bed."

Antix Productions claims the mediums have no idea where they will be filming or know any details about the history of the locations.

But Ciaran says: "Derek must have had prior knowledge of the locations."

He devised a plan to see if Derek was deliberately deceiving the public.

While on a shoot at Bodmin gaol he invented a long-dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker.

"I wrote the name down and asked another member of the crew to mention it to Derek before filming.

"I honestly didn't think Derek would take the bait. But during the filming he actually got possessed by my fictional character!"

By *pheliaBalls  (M) 32 weeks ago

"The moon landings were most definitely NOT a hoax! How do you explain the 842 pounds of moon rock that was brought back to Earth during the Apollo missions?"

Would that be the same moon rock that was given to the Dutch Prime Minister, Willem Drees Jr. It was donated to the Rijksmuseum in 2006 after he died but it was later discovered to be a piece of PETRIFIED WOOD and nothing to do with the moon at all.

Explain how hypergolic fuel works, then reconcile that with the Lunar Lander. Explain how ordinary Kodak Ektachrome film could survive variations between -250C to 200C without burning, or not one x-ray or other active particle explain how a man in a spacesuit got out of the hatch when he's bigger than the hole. Explain how they could send astronauts to the moon in 1968-1972but nobody goes above 300 miles up now, and NADA says it not possible. How come they uninvented the F1 rocker booster? The Van Allen belts. Explain how the PLISS git rid of heat in a vacuum. Explain why in one sixth gravity they couldn't jump more than a foot off the ground. Explain how a rocket putting out 10,000lbs of thrust disturbed not one grain of dust. Look at a rocket motor test, then listen to the Eagle descending, on Earth they record the engines from about a mile away to be heard, they were sat on top of them in a pressurised cabinet. Explain the endless photo anomalies and framing when the camera was strapped to the chest with no viewfinder. Borrow a medium format camera, honour and take a roll of film wearing gardening gloves with your neck in a collar, let's see your perfect images. I could go on, at length. Find a documentary called "Was it only a paper moon", it's in YouTube. It's less gibbering than many on the subject. Or the two part What really happened on the way to the moon. One last one, how did the whip aerial survive descent through the atmosphere? Not possible according what NASA says happens during re-entry. Finally, show me how you dock two craft moving at 35.000mph above the moon, unless relatives velocities matched perfectly one craft would rip the other to bits. The craft had walls three sheets of cooking foil thick. The computers less powerful than this phone.

Oh faking it is a doddle, my first job was writing satellite simulation software, you could not tell if it was my code or the real thing. Indistinguishable, but I wasn't part of any conspiracy, I was writing code to allow equipment to be fully tested before deployment. What others could do with it I didn't need to know.

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 32 weeks ago

Yes it’s amazing how if you ignore all the evidence then you can’t prove it.

There are reflectors on the surface of the moon that astronomers bounce lasers off of to work out the distance to the moon. This is something done right across the world and is used as a party trick to impress university students as well as serious astronomers.

If they were not left there by humans did e.t. leave them there on his way home? or maybe it’s one big C.I.A. hoax that every astronomer and student is complicit in.

They bounced lasers off the moon in the 1950s, you can do it now, the moon is highly reflective. Sorry, the reflectors aren't a good enough reason.

Also, if you can hit a target about 1m square from your back garden on the moon I'd be bloody impressed. Even with a lot of equipment it's still one hell of a shot. A fraction of a degree out you'd miss by miles over 238,900 miles.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 32 weeks ago

What about _ountains and hills , they are not flat.

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 32 weeks ago

If you know where something is it’s not that hard, it’s not as if you have to allow for gravity and wind speed.

My sat nav knows where I am in real time and that doesn’t even know where I’m going.

If you think it’s difficult to find something on the moon you must be highly impressed by the pictures of objects thousands of light years away.

"

As for Derek Acorah...(from The Daily Thingy).

"Ciaran, who joined Most Haunted in April 2004 became suspicious of Acorah's antics on a shoot at Castle Leslie, Co Monaghan in Ireland where a 17th Century four-poster bed has been claimed to levitate.

Ciaran recalls: "As we walked into the bedroom, Derek touched the bed and came out with extremely accurate information.

"He insisted he got all the information just from touching the bed. But it was the wrong bed."

Antix Productions claims the mediums have no idea where they will be filming or know any details about the history of the locations.

But Ciaran says: "Derek must have had prior knowledge of the locations."

He devised a plan to see if Derek was deliberately deceiving the public.

While on a shoot at Bodmin gaol he invented a long-dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker.

"I wrote the name down and asked another member of the crew to mention it to Derek before filming.

"I honestly didn't think Derek would take the bait. But during the filming he actually got possessed by my fictional character!""

I think i saw that one hahahaa

"What about _ountains and hills , they are not flat.

"

no they are not.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *onsterBlast  (M) 32 weeks ago

"They bounced lasers off the moon in the 1950s, you can do it now, the moon is highly reflective. Sorry, the reflectors aren't a good enough reason."

The laser wasn't invented until 1960. The first of 4 mirrors was placed on the moon on 21 July 1969.

XXX pic...
login to view

"They bounced lasers off the moon in the 1950s, you can do it now, the moon is highly reflective. Sorry, the reflectors aren't a good enough reason."

Since when did the moon get polished? You can't bounce a laser off dust.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee  (M) 32 weeks ago

I think you are all wrong cos a man in a pub told me his bestest mates friend bought a canoe and paddled off and he fell off the edge of the world and only got saved cos his other mate in another canoe threw him a rope just in time. And when all my money comes through from my Nigerian prince mate, I am going to get a canoe and go myself, so there.

Anyone remember the old Hamlet [?] cigar ad on TV where Columbus lights up a cigar as his ship tips of the edge of the world thus confounding his theory that the Earth is round.

If the earth is flat and has 'edges', why has no-one ever been to the edge and taken a picture? And what is on the 'other' side of this flat planet?

XXX pic...
login to view

All joking aside, is there really people out there think the world is flat?.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

Maybe technology is capable of fooling most of the world's population after all many still don't believe we travelled and landed on the moon.

If the world is flat, the fact we might get to the edge, fall off and disappear would explain many mysterious disappearances and the Bermuda Triagle would make sense.

Is it harder to believe the Earth is flat or that there are people standing beneath us who are upside down and don't get dizzy or fall off?

By *awtyCawty  (M) 32 weeks ago

"All joking aside, is there really people out there think the world is flat?."

There are still people who believe in ghosts, aliens, dinosaurs and the Loch Ness monster, so anything is possible.

"Since when did the moon get polished? You can't bounce a laser off dust."

Since forever, try this: Reflectance Spectral Characteristics of Lunar Surface Materials: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.raa-journal.org/docs/ChJAA/2004/2004_4_1p97.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjRiMPQ_OjgAhURu3EKHZ_BACkQFjAOegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw27fvZUSDyxGR5frMwBXgt5&cshid=1551*****04... [register free to see phone numbers]08

Read up on lunar regolith, the history of bouncing lasers off the moon prior ant moon mission of any kind, etc., before flouting your ignorance and conditioned responses.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 32 weeks ago

The only thing a flat earther needs to fear is sphere itself

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ebelatsea    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 32 weeks ago

"They bounced lasers off the moon in the 1950s, you can do it now, the moon is highly reflective. Sorry, the reflectors aren't a good enough reason.

Since when did the moon get polished? You can't bounce a laser off dust."

So. if the moon isn't reflective - how does it reflect sunlight?

"All joking aside, is there really people out there think the world is flat?.

There are still people who believe in ghosts, aliens, dinosaurs and the Loch Ness monster, so anything is possible."

The jury is still out on some of those but I think it is fair to say that a spherical earth has been proven without a shadow of doubt.

"Since when did the moon get polished? "

You can polish my moon and then my nob

"The only thing a flat earther needs to fear is sphere itself"

That is very good made me laugh

XXX pic...
login to view
By *reatedbear   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

Derek Acorah has a mention on a brilliant website dedicated to fake mediums. I can't remember what the website is called but google fake mediums exposed website and it will come up. If you've got a bit of spare time it's well worth a look and good fun. Some excellent secret filming videos of fakes in action on their tours around the country. A special mention for Sally Morgan...a video of her falling in to a set up is superb. Watch her try and wriggle out of it but end up getting deeper and deeper in the mire.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Bad Psychics"?

"

"Bad Psychics"?"

I had a feeling you would say that ooeer!

XXX pic...
login to view

I liked the theory about the Bermuda Triangle, is that where the edge is then?. All them poor souls falling off the earth, I wonder where they landed?.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *reatedbear   profile verified by photo (M) 32 weeks ago

"I wonder where they landed?."

They landed somewhere very dark and frightening. Foreboding and depressing. Somewhere that you just wouldn't to go. It is called Grindr!

XXX pic...
login to view

No, no, no..."Grindr" has changed its name to "Vaginr"!

Here's a thought. Do members of the Flat Earth Society also think that the Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter etc. are also just flat discs?

"Here's a thought. Do members of the Flat Earth Society also think that the Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter etc. are also just flat discs?"

Nooooo. They are spheres and this is why they cannot be inhabited as they would fall off

*9al By *9al  (M) 32 weeks ago

there could be spiders etc as they can hang upside down , perhaps we should be worrying about spider men from Mars ?

I think the 'other' side is where all the dead people are!

Strangley flat earthers are happy for other planets to be spheres.

*9al By *9al  (M) 32 weeks ago

I think it is natural to believe in what you can see, other planets appear spherical because we are a long way away. The earth appears to be flat if you are standing on it (unless you live in Wales) .

XXX pic...
login to view

"I think it is natural to believe in what you can see, other planets appear spherical because we are a long way away. The earth appears to be flat if you are standing on it (unless you live in Wales) ."

Planets don't appear spherical, they ARE spherical! Our planet is not actually spherical though, it is an oblate spheroid!

"Planets don't appear spherical, they ARE spherical! Our planet is not actually spherical though, it is an oblate spheroid!"

A Gold Star and a pick from the sweetie jar for you poppet, an oblate spheroid. That is entirely correct.

Would you care to go further and explain why it's oblate?

The Lunar Lander used hypergolic fuel. Aerozine 50 and dinitrogen tetroxide as an oxidizer. Watch videos of this stuff being used in rockets. Turn the sound on. Listen to them as they go off. The sound is earth shattering.

In the Lunar Lander they had the motors going, yet over the microphones it was quieter than the average car journey, and they did not have special microphones that could exclude the sound of a rocket putting out 10,000lbs of thrust.

Also, they have one sodding great big rocket engine, and four thruster clusters. The thrusters are in such a position that switching one of them on for a fraction of a second would cause any craft to spin wildly out of control.

When the Lander lander where's the exhaust crater? 10,000lbs of thrust? Have you seen these motors tested on Earth, they test them in rigs built on massive reinforced concrete orthey blast a hole so deep the entire rig falls into it.

Watch an old German V2 rocket, the racket they made, would you want that four foot under you going off, people used to hide in bunkers or special vehicles launching those.

Your average small firework makes enough noise you don't want to be stood too close when it launches, the sound!

If you say they were in a vacuum I'll bitch slap you, the craft was but the inside was pressurised, and as it was all connected the sound would have carried throughout the craft. There were no special rigs or materials to deaden the noise, too much weight!

When the Lunar Ascent Module took off, as filmed allegedly, where's the exhaust plume? Aerozine 50 is a dirty burn fuel, watch Titan rockets that use it.

XXX pic...
login to view

VACUUM! Sound doesn't travel in a vacuum. The lunar modules wern't pressurised. That's why they wear space suits. The only sound came from within their helmets using noise cancelling microphones.

As for thrust craters, basic Newton physics explains why there would be one. The 1/6th gravity on the moon means that only a force of 2634 lb would be required to land, not 10000 lb. Thrust acts very differently in a vacuum to what it does on earth.

A Harrier jet produces 27000 lb of thrust but does not leave a crater. Most jet engines are far more powerful than the lunar modules engine. The German V2 engine produced 160,000 lb of thrust.

Pictures taken underneath the lunar module clearly show that the exhaust plume swept the surface. And pictures clearly show radial lines of erosion directly underneath the exhaust. The exhaust plume is just not powerful enough to dig holes in the tightly packed regolith of the moons surface.

Bitchslap! Give yourself one.

XXX pic...
login to view

correction: 'wouldn't' be a crater

From NASA: The upper ascent stage consisted of a pressurized crew compartment, equipment areas, and an ascent rocket engine

Have you considered basic Google searches before replying with stock answers?

Watch the video "Was it only a paper moon?". Look at the details of the craft. you failed to respond to the fact that the moon reflected lasers at least six years before Apollo.

Noise cancelling headphones: 4Noise-cancelling Headphones

It's hard to believe that just over 50 years ago, a device that dangles from nearly everyone's ears today didn't even exist.

It wasn't until 1958 that two men -- John Koss and Martin Lange -- teamed up to create a record player that you could listen to with a pair of headphones. Devices for private listening had existed since the early 1900s, but they were primarily used for business applications. Interestingly, Koss and Lange's record player wasn't well received, but the headphones were. This sparked off an industry that would let kids around the country drown out the voices of their parents for decades to come.

The next major innovation in headphone development began when Dr. Amar Bose, the founder of the famous audio company that bears his name, flew from the U.S. to Europe in 1978 and realized that he couldn't enjoy the music from his headphones due to the steady roar of the airplane engines. The solution? A mashup that combined headphone technology with noise-cancelling technology. The headphones, which were released in 1988, work the same way all active noise-cancelling 'phones work today -- they not only receive sound waves from an audio device, but they transmit them, as well. Thanks to tiny microphones in each ear cup, ambient sound can be analyzed and then neutralized by a mirror-image sound wave transmitted from the headphones. It's a mashup responsible for many peaceful flights.

So they travelled to 1978, back to 1969, then went to the moon and failed to cash in on the possibilities of noise cancelling headphones?

One thing f the greatest threats to a Barrier was debris put in the air by the directed thrust nozzles.

Your ignorance and selective use of "facts" is staggering.

Some people won't believe what is right in front of their eyes .. whilst others believe what is only in their imagination.

There are relatively very few facts which do not have both believers and non-believers.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Noise cancelling headphones: 4Noise-"

I said noise cancelling microphones. Can't you read? They have been used since the 1930's.

Sound is picked up using microphones not headphones! Some people's ignorance is beyond me.

XXX pic...
login to view

Anyway you are all wrong cos the Earth is square, my mates Dad told me, and he knows cos he flies rockets for the queen and that.

XXX pic...
login to view

Any Queen we know? Is she a member?

XXX pic...
login to view

No the big queen in Londonshire with the big house and has a son with big ears that married a horse.

"Planets don't appear spherical, they ARE spherical! Our planet is not actually spherical though, it is an oblate spheroid!

A Gold Star and a pick from the sweetie jar for you poppet, an oblate spheroid. That is entirely correct.

Would you care to go further and explain why it's oblate?"

i may be able to help you with some onaplate spheroids!

XXX pic...
login to view

"Planets don't appear spherical, they ARE spherical! Our planet is not actually spherical though, it is an oblate spheroid!

Would you care to go further and explain why it's oblate?"

Because it is flattened at the poles!

"Noise cancelling headphones: 4Noise-

I said noise cancelling microphones. Can't you read? They have been used since the 1930's.

Sound is picked up using microphones not headphones! Some people's ignorance is beyond me."

careful, it would depend on which jack point you plugged headphones into may i suggest you take your headphones now and plug them into your microphone jack and shout 'hellooooooo can you hear me motherrrrrrr' see what happens and then see the looks on your neighbours faces when you next see them. Also go easy on things like ignorance you will see what i mean after you have carried out this little experiment

Not easily no, I can't read, I'm partially sighted heading towards blind.

"

Because it is flattened at the poles!"

That's a consequence of oblation, not the reason.

Do you know any body language or NLP practitioners? Ask them about the Apollo 11 press conference.

If I'd been to the moon I'd be stood there dick slapped on the table giving it "who wants to ride my Apollo 11 to the stars, one of two that have been to the moon". You would not have been able to shut me up. People would hide, oh god, here comes that astronaut. Instead Armstrong withdrew into obscurity and isolation. Couldn't answer simple questions from Patrick Moore about something he'd just done, bailed out by Michael Collins who notably did not walk on the moon, allegedly.

People react different ways to events. In later life Neil Armstrong had plenty to say about his experiences as, indeed, did some of the others who walked on the Moon. Let's face it after going to the Moon and back you would be suffering some kind of very advanced jet lag. I'm prepared to believe they did go and there is talk of going again in the not so distant future by other countries as well as the US. Even talk of a space station on the Moon. Can't imagine that it is all a hoax to keep sci-fi enthusiasts happy.

XXX pic...
login to view

"

Because it is flattened at the poles!

That's a consequence of oblation, not the reason. "

Centrifugal force, during the rotation of the Earth, on its axis?

XXX pic...
login to view

Well when I was a spaceman I landed on Jupiter in a Ford Fiesta and could see the spacemen on the moon having a picnic, so there.

XXX pic...
login to view

Were they eating onaplate spheroids

Add a new message to this topic