New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364996 members (4 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Driving in London?

See newest message in thread

Driving in London?

*uckmeawf By *uckmeawf  (M) 8 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

I'm curious how the congestion charge works. There are a few places I'd like to visit again - I lived there for 12 years and wondered where I get access without getting a heavy fine? Also, what are the charges for a day or evening?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eyley  (M) 8 weeks ago

"I'm curious how the congestion charge works. There are a few places I'd like to visit again - I lived there for 12 years and wondered where I get access without getting a heavy fine? Also, what are the charges for a day or evening?"

Charges and how to pre or post -pay is available by Google (Google is your friend).

As for the reason for doing so covers a multiple of reasons, none of which can be fully comprehended:

(A) you've had a mad moment and want a raise your insurance premiums through a certain accident with an uninsured driver..

(B) You lost a bet with your mates and they want you to drive into London with a 1963 paper street map as guidance!

(C) The best shag you ever had was with a guy who lives in London who wants you to pick him up for a drive into the country..

(D) You love being risky and you were told about the 'poo your pants' route via Piccadilly, into the circus, up Shaftsbury Ave, over to the Embankment, into Parliament Square, go round it twice then make your way over to Tower Bridge.

....and you want to pay for this?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *angkokjoe  (M) 8 weeks ago

I grew up in London but moved out in my thirties.

My recent trips to London I park by an outer tube station and take the tube in (after 09:30.)

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ouncy   premium paying member (M) 8 weeks ago

Depends on where you're going and what day and time you go. The congestion charge only covers part of London (the congestion zone) and between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday.

You'll have to research it to find if the places you want to see are covered by it.

Alternatively, it would be an awful lot easier to go by tube or bus.

No to all of those, I have given my reason already. Thanks anyway.

My previous message was for Seyley. Hmm, looks like I'd better resign myself to never going back!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ouncy   premium paying member (M) 7 weeks ago

"My previous message was for Seyley. Hmm, looks like I'd better resign myself to never going back! "

Never say never. There's always public transport and if you really want to drive you can do so at weekends.

*uckmeawf By *uckmeawf  (M) 7 weeks ago

What difference does the weekend make, Bouncy?

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *heoman    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 7 weeks ago

Congestion charge is not in place Saturday or Sunday

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *enior 74    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

Have not been to London recently but best Idea is to park out of central London and use the tube

Add a new message to this topic