New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364685 members (9 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > So Crossdressers are Transgender now...?

See newest message in thread

So Crossdressers are Transgender now...?

By *eyley  (M) 17 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

So I have noted, (probably the last person on the planet), that 'weekend' Crossdressers are attempting to add a bit of piquency to their dress-up fetish by now referring to themselves and aligning with, the Transgender movement.

Is this the thread bringing the issue of gender into the gay sexual world...?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 17 weeks ago

I'm no expert on the crossdressing thing. Some do it because they get a thrill out of wearing women's clothes but others seem to identify themselves as women even if it is only for the duration of being dressed as a woman. Hence they call themselves Sharon, Sally, Suzi etc. Whether given the chance they would dress fulltime, live as a woman or even contemplate surgery, is another matter. Whereas there is only a fine line between crossdressing and transvestism, transgender is a completely separate issue and not really a gay/bi one.

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 17 weeks ago

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

I'm a cross dresser but to be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about a label! I'm a male that likes to dress in clothes that basically sell in a women's clothing store. I would have said in women's clothes but we seem to be moving away from that line.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *pentolots  (M) 16 weeks ago

all perfectly correct. im an old fat guy that loves being in stockings and knickers. if a guy wants me in them fine, if not i can go without. it makes me feel nice when im in them but FAR from convincing. not wanting to be a woman BUT if a guy wants me to be a girl then i love it. i have no label. im just me.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ld queen   profile verified by photo (TV/TS/CD) 16 weeks ago

I don't know if i am correct but i refer to myself as a transvestite,Yes i dress because i love the feel of womans clothes but i also have the the desires of a woman, i want to be treated as a woman sexually, i have a small penis that i refer to as a clitty,I dislike getting an erection when it spoils the look of my dress,but it is nice to have it rubbed when i am being made love to, love to meet horny straight men who are looking for a suck or bi men,I don't join other TV or CD clubs because when we all get together the talk just seems to be about clothes and make up.

*oredEric By *oredEric   profile verified by photo (M) 16 weeks ago

You're confusing gender identity with sexual identity. They're very separate and different things.

Crossdressing is a sexual fetish, transvestism is a sexual fetish, transgender is a gender identity issue and not related to sexuality. All are equally valid, all are important to the individual vidual.

There are plenty of resources available online to find out more. Stick to the medical and psychological stuff, not fan fiction.

People in the main confuse things, make massive assumptions, and usually get it wrong.

*antyboy101 By *antyboy101  (M) 16 weeks ago

What BoredEric said.The way I dress for sexual meets off this and other sites and the way I dress and act when out in public are two very different things.It`s complicated.

By *eyley  (M) 16 weeks ago

I think you made the point for me, I'm not confusing gender identity and sexual identity, as they are separate issues in my mind. But as previous stated, more Crossdressers and Transvestites are cloaking themselves under the Transgender umbrella. The transgender groups 'appear' not to be rejecting the 'sexual fetish addition' for their gender identity issues, perhaps (as was pointed out to me) to swell the numbers, have a louder voice and get more rights and concessions.

This adds to the confusion to the casual observers...

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 16 weeks ago

It depends if the male dressing as a female does so for sexual reasons, which is the majority, or for reasons of gender identity where psychologically he is a female.

There will never be enough labels to stick one on everybody in any spectrum.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

Not all transgender people identify as gay/bi. Many have been in straight marriages/relationships, with children, before they transform. Recently there was a documentary about a F to M transman who now identified as a gay man. Only saw a few minutes of it. I also knew of a guy who had been married 4 times, had several children, underwent full sex reassignment surgery and is now in a lesbian relationship.

At the other end of the scale you get totally straight men who like to crossdress by way of a fetish.

*acqui_N By *acqui_N   premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 16 weeks ago

I've been dressing and calling myself Jacqui for about 30 years now, and I still don't understand half the terminology and labels.

My opinion, is that people are free to be called what they want to be called, and if someone wants to be labelled as transgender then so be it.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 16 weeks ago

"I've been dressing and calling myself Jacqui for about 30 years now, and I still don't understand half the terminology and labels.

My opinion, is that people are free to be called what they want to be called, and if someone wants to be labelled as transgender then so be it."

I couldn’t agree more. If anyone is to have a label then they should choose that label.

Add a new message to this topic