New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364722 members (5 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Alert, what alert

See newest message in thread

Alert, what alert

By *as4act  (M) 2 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Just back form dropping off an important parcel and was shocked how busy the roads were. It was just like rush hour. The motorway was so busy and so was the town centre as I was driving through. People stopping and chatting others walking past and not distancing as far as I could see, kids in groups on their bikes, the usual stuff. I went to the supermarket and again I did not feel the customers were that cautious, so much so that I did not want to be there. I was just shocked as I said. I thought we are all meant to be 'alert' whatever that means. But perhaps there lies the problem. Everyone seems to have let their guards down. Well perhaps not everyone but certainly many.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Just back form dropping off an important parcel and was shocked how busy the roads were. It was just like rush hour. The motorway was so busy and so was the town centre as I was driving through. People stopping and chatting others walking past and not distancing as far as I could see, kids in groups on their bikes, the usual stuff. I went to the supermarket and again I did not feel the customers were that cautious, so much so that I did not want to be there. I was just shocked as I said. I thought we are all meant to be 'alert' whatever that means. But perhaps there lies the problem. Everyone seems to have let their guards down. Well perhaps not everyone but certainly many. "

Oh mate... this is lasting already for a couple of weeks... everyone needs to test their eyes... and use own judgement...

And more - everyone was asked to come back to work if they couldn’t work from home (as if employee decides instead of employer)…

And yes, now everyone one bubbling everywhere...

Thx Dom lockdown (if we had any) was ended ....

By *euken  (M) 2 weeks ago

Kids need to get back to High School and be taught the difference between 2metres and 20cm

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

More or less back to normal here, nobody seems to give a toss.

That was exactly what I thought. Without sounding paranoid, I even felt they were looking oddly at me for being very careful, moving away, or waiting till they passed etc

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

I haven't been out much for the last 6 weeks due to a non-Covid19 related medical condition. When I have it has been to do essential shopping in a nearby town. What 'amuses' me is that you queue 2m apart to go into the supermarkets, and again at the checkout, but whilst in there it is a free-for-all with other shoppers, and shelf-stackers, only inches away from your face.

By *eeksYounger  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Kids need to get back to High School and be taught the difference between 2metres and 20cm

"

Send their parents with them!

Tat was exactly my experience too at the supermarket this time once inside, free for all as you say - well not the goods

By *esperate jon  (M) 2 weeks ago

My town is exactly the same, people hugging, groups sat on the benches not distancing and the party of 10 women having a picnic on the green it's seems that people don't give a shit now. On my journey to work this morning on bus the driver asked a female passenger where her face mask was, said she had asthma but when she sat right next to her mate she was mouthing off there's no way she will wear one as just done her make up. I really wanted to rub my hands all over her face to ruin it. If another lockdown comes in it the British public that has caused it, the government has to be stricter and bang it into their heads.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Kids need to get back to High School and be taught the difference between 2metres and 20cm

Send their parents with them!"

And their grandparents. My experience has been that the older people especially have no sense of what 2m is. They probably want it in feet - better to be six feet apart than six feet under.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ayMan007   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

"My town is exactly the same, people hugging, groups sat on the benches not distancing and the party of 10 women having a picnic on the green it's seems that people don't give a shit now. On my journey to work this morning on bus the driver asked a female passenger where her face mask was, said she had asthma but when she sat right next to her mate she was mouthing off there's no way she will wear one as just done her make up. I really wanted to rub my hands all over her face to ruin it. If another lockdown comes in it the British public that has caused it, the government has to be stricter and bang it into their heads."

Why did the bus driver let her on then? I would have told her that she can only get on if she wears a face mask.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atureNudist51   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

It's those with underlying health issues I feel sorry for, we all need to go out at some point to buy food and even better now those mad queues at the supermarkets have finally calmed down !

By *esperate jon  (M) 2 weeks ago

The driver was asked but they've been told not to police it. If anyone says they've breathing difficulties they don't have to wear one. This particular passenger was one of them immature chavs with a face caked in make up, must have taken her 2 hour's to apply. The uniform she was wearing said it all but please don't call me judgmental least it's working. But as a majority of the people are not listening to the distancing rules everybody should wear one not just on public transport.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

It's a difficult one. I haven't been going out much recently because of the lockdown and other health issues. I find wearing a mask extremely uncomfortable and my nose invariably starts running as soon as I put one on. So far I have only worn a mask when visiting my GP and in the local pharmacy. I have not used any public transport and have done my absolute best to social distance on the rare occasions I have gone out in public places.

I do the shopping for some other people and sometimes have to go to a supermarket more than once. Today I had to go twice and it was horrendous. A couple in their forties behind me did not give a damn about distancing. Inside the shop they and many others just ignored the one way system and so on and so on. Irresponsible, selfish morons in my opinion. A poor old lady wit a mask, got stuck in the corner looking very distressed as every time she made an attempt to move someone else jumped in front of her and too close for comfort. I was so annoyed I did ask the next person to wait for her to move and give her some space. They looked at me as I was from another planet but they did stop and she thanked me and moved on. I got out of there as fast as I could.

*hkar By *hkar   profile verified by photo (M) 1 week ago

"I haven't been out much for the last 6 weeks due to a non-Covid19 related medical condition. When I have it has been to do essential shopping in a nearby town. What 'amuses' me is that you queue 2m apart to go into the supermarkets, and again at the checkout, but whilst in there it is a free-for-all with other shoppers, and shelf-stackers, only inches away from your face."

I seem to get the same problem up here in the north-east.

I started wearing a mask a couple of weeks before they made it mandatory on the buses and then I make sure that I wear it when I go into the supermarket.

The shopping seems to be a hell of a lot easier as people seem to move away from you when they see the mask.

It certainly helps to get the shopping done quicker.

*hkar By *hkar   profile verified by photo (M) 1 week ago

"My town is exactly the same, people hugging, groups sat on the benches not distancing and the party of 10 women having a picnic on the green it's seems that people don't give a shit now. On my journey to work this morning on bus the driver asked a female passenger where her face mask was, said she had asthma but when she sat right next to her mate she was mouthing off there's no way she will wear one as just done her make up. I really wanted to rub my hands all over her face to ruin it. If another lockdown comes in it the British public that has caused it, the government has to be stricter and bang it into their heads.

Why did the bus driver let her on then? I would have told her that she can only get on if she wears a face mask."

I had a bus driver friend who says the same thing.

He won’t let them in without a mask.

He reckons that they should get the police to occasionally jump on to do routine checks.

They should fine anybody who doesn’t wear one.

I hope those people can sleep at night knowing that they could’ve cause somebody’s death by not wearing a mask.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ipman  (M) 1 week ago

At least if we all have to wear a mask on public transport it may prevent the stupid bitches on my tube trowelling layers of slap on and plucking their fucking eyebrows. I have even seen them applying nail varnish,

They have no respect and no shame

*oredEric By *oredEric   profile verified by photo (M) 1 week ago

I think the rules should be clearer, on the bus they're fine, no mask, no ride. Good. At the Interchange in the city centre this afternoon there were people about, a few observing distancing, and apart from me nobody else had a mask on despite clear signs as you enter "This is a mask zone, observe social distancing". What's the point if it's not engulfed? In shops it seems to be pot luck, some they're quite strict, others it's a total inconvenience.

I wonder why people find it so hard to wear a simple mask in the hope of saving your own life and others. I guess the same people who cleared the shelves like a Biblical plague of locust are also the mask refusers.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ister Pfister   profile verified by photo (M) 7 days ago

IDGAF....it's hilarious seeing folks reactions to my GP5 or S10

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinesque  (M) 7 days ago

There was some talk, years ago, of people, when walking their dogs, having to have a poopie bag on them and of them being fined when challenged by any suitable figure of authority, precisely because the dog walker had no such bag with them. I don't know if that became law, or not.

The same principle could be applied to those venturing outdoors - if they have no mask on, they get fined. I see nothing unreasonable about that. Those excused should be so only on production of proof of sound medical grounds for not being in a mask.

I've no idea who could police this, given that the police ran out of Bobbies a good few years ago!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinesque  (M) 6 days ago

Yep! I did it, again!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *illanihole  (M) 6 days ago

Have to agree with _hkar as on the few occasions ive been out ive worn a mask and it seems people are more likely to keep to a distance apparently scared of catching C19 from me. I have been tested and proved negative but you cant tell if thats correct or not as it only serves for the time of the test itself. So I shall continue to wear a mask when out at the shops etc.

My local chemists have a sign on the door please wear a mask when entering these premises. That just makes me wonder how many people get in as it seems most around my area simply cant be bothered.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinesque  (M) 6 days ago

You guys haven't seen me - people pay me to wear masks!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nobmuncher21  (M) 5 days ago

Well it has become more busier in the shops and you still need to use the cleaning gel for your hands .. its quite busy here and hunstanton last week was fairly busy and no 2 metre ruling on the promonarde nor the beach really. we shall have another spike i am sure as indeed Leicester is no further lockdown.

By *as4act  (M) 4 days ago

Yes, it just shows how selfish some people are. I was walking my dog yesterday and as always I try to keep distance from others. This guy walking two dogs just came right close up and was trying to get the dogs to make friends with mine when I was making it obvious that was not appropriate. It made me feel so uncomfortable as if I was in the wrong. I wish just common sense prevailed sometimes.

Add a new message to this topic