New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364555 members (3 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > prostate

See newest message in thread

prostate

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ondo  (M) 10 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

ive been told i have prostate cancer and now have to make up my mind which treatment to have either an operation or radiotherapy.i wonder if any of you have had it and can help me make up my mind ie how did either affect you long term.my head tells me the op but my heart says nuclea.any help would be appreciated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eo.b  (M) 10 weeks ago

I'm very sorry to hear that. I had to have mine removed due to enlargement. The process was called holmium lazer enucleation. This was done under general anaesthetic in day surgery. Pain free and no problems. I had a catheter for several days. The downside is you can no longer ejaculate, the nerves having been cut.

A small price to pay to be clear of cancer.

Good luck with whatever route you choose to take.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

I've replied privately to the poster. I had prostate cancer 4 years ago and had it removed by robot-assisted surgery. I believe the laser treatment is for enlargement and not cancer.

I'm fine now but with some side-effects, which I can deal with.

I hope you make a speedy recovery.

By *eo.b  (M) 10 weeks ago

I was informed that lazer treatment was for both enlargement and cancer.

In my case it was only after the tissue removed had been examined that it was known no cancerous cells were present.

I know of someone who has both enlargement and cancer

who has elected not to undergo surgery but is trying to deal with it by strict dieting. So far it has been contained.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinesque  (M) 10 weeks ago

"The downside is you can no longer ejaculate, the nerves having been cut."

You can still have an orgasm, but there is no ejaculation?...is that correct?

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

"The downside is you can no longer ejaculate, the nerves having been cut.

You can still have an orgasm, but there is no ejaculation?...is that correct?

"

A good friend of mine has had this op and he says he can orgasm but no longer ejaculates anything. He says that is a small price to pay for being alive and healthy.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *urbostar   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

I have an enlarged prostate which im on medication for I use a catheter for urinating due to bladder problems.

I was offered a choice of self catheterisation or operation because of my age at the time (44) the op was ruled out.

I can get and keep an erection but sometimes lose the erection, I get the feeling of cumming its a horrible feeling but don't ejaculate.

was a bug bear of mine to start with but I have learnt to live with it.as a previous post said at least I'm alive and reasonably healthy

I'm surprised the op was ruled out because you were 44. I had mine removed at 55, which I would say isn't a huge amount of difference.

The after-effect, which not everyone gets, is known as retrograde ejaculation. It goes into your bladder. When you've had a wank and later go for a piss, the surface of the water in the tooilet looks a bit filmy. Advantages are it saves a lot on Kleenex, disadvantage is you're unable to oblige when someone wants you to cum on them.

If you have your prostate removed, then you will not produce any semen. This is because the seminal vessels will also have been removed. The tubes from the testicles will be cut, as they pass through the prostate. So there is no retrograde ejaculation. Nothing except urine comes out when you pee.

"If you have your prostate removed, then you will not produce any semen. This is because the seminal vessels will also have been removed. The tubes from the testicles will be cut, as they pass through the prostate. So there is no retrograde ejaculation. Nothing except urine comes out when you pee."

That may be true in some cases but not in others. I suggest you do a search online for 'retrograde ejaculation and prostate removal', then you will see that what I said is correct.

*oredEric By *oredEric   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

I knew a guy who had the radioactive pellets inserted into his prostate to take out his cancer. It was less devastating on him physically than other treatments I’ve seen as it was localised. It was successful, and the cancer killed.

I’d advise anyone with prostate worries to go to the doctor, it’s not nice to talk about, but you need to be open, honest, and tell them. That way they’re best able to help.

I’ve had issues recently, and others have touched on the issues, chronic prostatitis, the tablets are helping a lot, tamsulosin, although having just read the Wiki on it better mention it to my eye surgeon before they start wafting scalpels and shit about next week.

"If you have your prostate removed, then you will not produce any semen. This is because the seminal vessels will also have been removed. The tubes from the testicles will be cut, as they pass through the prostate. So there is no retrograde ejaculation. Nothing except urine comes out when you pee.

That may be true in some cases but not in others. I suggest you do a search online for 'retrograde ejaculation and prostate removal', then you will see that what I said is correct."

If you do a search online you will find this on Cancerresearchuk.org: "You no longer ejaculate semen if you have had a radical prostatectomy. This is because the prostate gland and 2 glands called the seminal vesicles are removed. The seminal vesicles make the liquid part of the sperm. Your testicles will still make sperm cells but they will be reabsorbed back into your body".

If your urine has a 'film', it's more likely to be caused by Ketosis, which can be a result of non alcoholic fatty liver disease or uncontrolled diabetes. It could also just mean you don't drink enough water. See you doctor.

"If your urine has a 'film', it's more likely to be caused by Ketosis, which can be a result of non alcoholic fatty liver disease or uncontrolled diabetes. It could also just mean you don't drink enough water. See you doctor."

Please note that I wrote there is a film on the water after I have had an orgasm. I didn't think I had to spell out that there is none at other times. FYI I had major cancer surgery earlier this year with months to recover, during which time I have had every test imaginable so I know that I don't have liver disease or diabetes, and I do drink plenty. Now go and read some of the other articles that come up in searches, I'm not going to be drawn into a slanted argument with you.

Metropolis is correct. After a radical prostatectomy, you will not have retrograde ejaculations as there is nothing to ejaculate and the muscles that cause ejaculation have no prostate to squeeze. Retrograde ejaculation is usually caused by an enlarged prostate and a weakened urinary sphincter.

Perhaps you should do as you say and Google something like 'film in urine'. This will show several causes, of which retrograde ejaculation isn't mentioned.

One other cause could be that after a good wank there is a build up of secretions (pre-cum)from just inside your penis, which you pee out.

Another thing, don't get shirty when someone tries to answer your question.

The top results in a search on DuckDuckGo are:

https://www.drugs.com/health-guide/retrograde-ejaculation.html

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320332

As far as I am concerned they confirm what I have experienced for the past 19 years.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *115   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

Met a few times guy (over 65 years old) before and after his prostate op. mmmmmm big cock and he cum a lot before the operation.

After the operation when I was riding him he had orgasm and his cock was hard like before but not ejaculation.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *odfreywilliams  (M) 10 weeks ago

See your Doctor....not a bunch of amateurs in a chat room....this is your life we are discussing.

*andyman39 By *andyman39  (M) 10 weeks ago

"See your Doctor....not a bunch of amateurs in a chat room....this is your life we are discussing.

"

Totally agreed with you on this topic.

By *ushitinhard  (M) 9 weeks ago

"See your Doctor....not a bunch of amateurs in a chat room....this is your life we are discussing.

"

All guys should ask there doctor for a PSA blood test, "prostate specific antigen test"

I had one, I had no symptoms but I had recently lost a brother in law to aggressive prostate cancer, I had a test year before and good result.

I was 47, doc's advice was to have a test every 4 yrs

After losing my brother in law the next year, I thought, sod it ! It's a free service from doctor so went and had the simple test that saved my life, simple as that !

4 mths later I had my prostate removed,

12 yes later, I'm still here, still enjoying sex, I do miss the semen !

But makes me enjoy another guys more !

Your advice to see a doctor, an not listen to listen to a bunch of amateur's!

Is correct,

But, us guys having this discussion might spur if just one guy who's following this forum post into thinking 'next time I go to the doctors for a blood test ! Ask for a PSA test, it's as simple as another tick on the blood test bag,

It could save your life

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

"

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320332

As far as I am concerned they confirm what I have experienced for the past 19 years."

In this article it states "Men who have had a radical prostatectomy - prostate removal - cannot ejaculate at all". So there cannot be retrograde ejaculation.

As said before a film in your urine should be checked out.

I am due to have a robotic prosectomy in 2 weeks time would appreciate any advice etc about recovery time and side effectes etc

By *irmSensuous  (M) 9 weeks ago

If the cancer is localised then go for hifu. You may have to pay for it as not always available on the nhs. No side effects, or very minimal and it is a day procedure. Vast majority of men still maintain good long lasting erections but might get a slight loss in quantity of ejaculation. rgasms still fantastic.

Not entirely true. HIFU is practised in so few NHS hospitals that it is yet to be proved how effective it is. Also, there are the same possible side effects as surgery or radiotherapy.

The Prostate Cancer UK website has all the info.

By *irmSensuous  (M) 9 weeks ago

The side effects are very much reduced for HIFU. Yes it needs to be obtained privately. It's effectiveness and lower side effects are well established: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/187086/prostate-cancer-ultrasound-treatment-effective-surgery/

Also worth considering TRUS which is not available in the uk but even better than hifu.

Add a new message to this topic