New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364503 members (6 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > America

See newest message in thread

America

*oredEric By *oredEric   profile verified by photo (M) 7 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Anyone watching events in America.

I’ve been sat watching it with my jaw on the floor!

How come there was a negligible police presence?

How come they weren’t shot breaking into the building?

How poor a leader Trump has shown himself to be!

How pathetic his continued denial of reality!

How far do you reckon protestors would get storming Parliament before they got shot?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 7 weeks ago

"Anyone watching events in America.

I’ve been sat watching it with my jaw on the floor!

How come there was a negligible police presence?

How come they weren’t shot breaking into the building?

How poor a leader Trump has shown himself to be!

How pathetic his continued denial of reality!

How far do you reckon protestors would get storming Parliament before they got shot?

"

You can't shoot them unless they're black!!!!

By *esperate jon  (M) 7 weeks ago

It says it all??? Some Americans don't like change get over yourselves as it won't be long before it happens here???

By *eros54  (M) 7 weeks ago

We should watch America closely and learn from the many mistakes they make. I hope Biden is a better president and a better influence on American society but I'm not confident this will be the case,

Around half of American voters want Trump so it's no surprise they are not giving up easily but the violence cannot be condoned.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 7 weeks ago

Very little of what has happened since the November election can be condoned. Trump's spurious allegations and his incitement of the mob yesterday appear to have been part of his plan all along. He kept telling us to wait and see what was in store for 6 January and now we know what he had in mind. I don't believe around half of Americans still want Trump - there are growing numbers of Republicans who acknowledge the damage he has done and no longer support him.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 7 weeks ago

What can they do to Trump, if anything?. He still is the president isn't he. The man isn't real.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ickyboy  (M) 7 weeks ago

just goes to see what can happen when some people will not except what was voted for. and indeed we could have this here too . we had the riots when some saw a chance to take the law into there own hands . lucky for us we got it under control . it quite sad as when we all vote we hope that it will be fair and that everyone excepts the result whatever that should be sadly there are some who if it does not go how they want think then they will make it right by not excepting it and if they do not get it changed will do what you see in america now .its very bad for a country to find themselves in a situation like that and i hope we never get to that point here

XXX pic...
login to view

Similar situation here with the Brexit referendum, only just over half that voted won, but I cant see the same response in this country as those idiots in America.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ickyboy  (M) 7 weeks ago

trump will now be remembered for the wrong reasons after what he caused yesterday as it was his doing as almost caused a riot by tell them to do that . this guy is a bad looser who like the child in his cot throws out his toys just because he did not get his own way . he likes to be centre of attention and indeed once again he is but this time for the wrong reason .i do not believe there was anything wrong in the election and when they looked they have not found anything to say there was . he has by his actions now ruined the good things and he did for certain do some good things while he was in office but his true side is there for all to see . I think what he does is to do with the way he has been since a small boy as i think he was almost certainly always told yes he could have want ever he wants and expects those to jump to his demands . it remains me of charlie and the chocolate factory as he is one of the kids who did not make it because they where not really nice

It won't be long before it kicks off in this country if our leader pulls his finger out?? Look what happened in the summer 2020 when the British public had enough of being told how to run their lives. It won't be long.....

*ockslave4u By *ockslave4u  (M) 7 weeks ago

If someone wanted to bring in martial law this is the perfect excuse ... hmmm ...

The mob riot incited by Trump is the major news story at present, so I am surprised at how few people on here are actually prepared to condemn him and his mob. I sincerely hope that does not imply tacit approval.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 7 weeks ago

"The mob riot incited by Trump is the major news story at present, so I am surprised at how few people on here are actually prepared to condemn him and his mob. I sincerely hope that does not imply tacit approval."

Give him his due. If you aren't American, he has been entertaining.

This is just the culmination of a long list of idiotic mistakes that he's made during his time in office. What surprises me is that he got more votes than 4 years ago, and the second highest number in history.

*iversideBottom By *iversideBottom  (M) 7 weeks ago

"The mob riot incited by Trump is the major news story at present, so I am surprised at how few people on here are actually prepared to condemn him and his mob. I sincerely hope that does not imply tacit approval."

I don't think it's a case of 'how few people on here etc' I think it's about another serious issue posted that few people either don't read or have the ability to add to the discussion whereas put some trashy posting up such as 'have you wanked over my pictures' and uncle tom cobbley and all respond.

By *ndyedinburgh  (M) 7 weeks ago

"Similar situation here with the Brexit referendum, only just over half that voted won, but I cant see the same response in this country as those idiots in America."

Yes, it only took 4 years, 2 elections, 3 prime ministers and endless legal challenges by sore losers before people got what they voted for.

All Trumpy-wumpy needed to do was hire Gina Miller not start a riot.

Weather you liked him or not, people in America loved him and trusted him for what he promised he would do for the United States of America, he did a great job. Now is the time for him to sit back and watch on how the first black lady will run the country as Biden won't last. We in this country shouldn't worry about trade deals with the USA because of brexit because the the USA is now fucked up. Trump to me changed America for the good of hard working men and women. Give it til independence day on July 4th. Then you'll see a country completely ruined.

By *eyley  (M) 7 weeks ago

"Trump to me changed America for the good of hard working men and women."

I will be happy for you to identify 10 'benefits' that Agent Orange has done for the people of the States.

(Could I ask without me patronising you to ensure that the examples are fact-checked as I certainly will !!!). Because at the moment I'm struggling to think of any COMPLETED (uppercase for emphasise) policy that laughing-boy managed to achieve that wasn't a lie.

*ockslave4u By *ockslave4u  (M) 7 weeks ago

Is it possible that in such a technologically advanced age that such blatant obvious and exposed election fraud was done deliberately to incite riots in order to justify martial law which was actually the end goal and that the trump Biden rivalry was entirely planned ... that guy with the viking horns and wolly hat has already been exposed as crisis actor ...

"Is it possible that in such a technologically advanced age that such blatant obvious and exposed election fraud"

????

Is it not possible for you to get through to Rudy Giuliani and provide all the required evidence that would be needed by a court to hear a fraud case?

XXX pic...
login to view

Wont it be great if the senile old wanker Trump barricades himself in to the oval office refusing to come out, screaming from the window, IT was all a fix, this is my house etc. Make a great comedy sketch for one of our comedians.

"... that guy with the viking horns and wolly hat has already been exposed as crisis actor ... "

Um.... surely you aren't venturing down the road with the others saing that those who attempted to stage a 'Coup' were in fact members of Antifa?

(Can't believe that this rumour is starting to gain momentum).

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 7 weeks ago

"Is it possible that in such a technologically advanced age that such blatant obvious and exposed election fraud.

????

Is it not possible for you to get through to Rudy Giuliani and provide all the required evidence that would be needed by a court to hear a fraud case?"

All the evidence has been conveniently compiled on the website “here is the evidence.com”.

If you have some hours to spare you could read through it all.

The problem isn’t the evidence it’s trying to get a court to hear a case rather than dismissing it on a technicality before any evidence is heard.

The worst examples are where cases were brought before the election they were told that they couldn’t sue because they couldn’t show any harm had been done but then after the election they were told it was too late to sue.

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 7 weeks ago

"... that guy with the viking horns and wolly hat has already been exposed as crisis actor ...

Um.... surely you aren't venturing down the road with the others saing that those who attempted to stage a 'Coup' were in fact members of Antifa?

(Can't believe that this rumour is starting to gain momentum)."

Not just a rumour

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-trump-activist-entered-capitol-wednesday

And definitely not a coup attempt.

"... that guy with the viking horns and wolly hat has already been exposed as crisis actor ...

(Can't believe that this rumour is starting to gain momentum).

Not just a rumour

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-trump-activist-entered-capitol-wednesday

And definitely not a coup attempt."

The FBI has said there is no evidence of this rumour being true.

".

Not just a rumour

https://www.foxnews.com

And definitely not a coup attempt."

Foxnews (sic!)?

So unbalanced they were kicked off Sky Europe, you mean that Foxnews?

Were opposition to the rally in attendance? Yep they sure were.

Were they the ones who caused a riot and entered the building in order to halt democracy?

Nope!

Were the 'demonic' untrustworthy Press in attendance including those traitors Fox News streaming live pictures of the attempted Coup.

Yep!

Definition of a coup (as an example)

noun

"a sudden (tick), violent(tick), and illegal seizure of power from a government (tick)".

but I'll call it a riot for the sake of this thread...

By *etssee5  (M) 6 weeks ago

This is a really good thread.

Fucking hilarious in parts.

Wish I saw it an hour earlier

XXX pic...
login to view
By *deviantx-   profile verified by photo (M) 6 weeks ago

I'm afraid of Americans.

"Trump to me changed America for the good of hard working men and women.

I will be happy for you to identify 10 'benefits' that Agent Orange has done for the people of the States.

(Could I ask without me patronising you to ensure that the examples are fact-checked as I certainly will !!!). Because at the moment I'm struggling to think of any COMPLETED (uppercase for emphasise) policy that laughing-boy managed to achieve that wasn't a lie.

"

He did give a good speech when he addressed the United nations.

Until I saw that I just thought he was a fat rich american prick.

Now I think hes a fat rich american prick who did have a use in telling Iran they're fucking out of order, and he did do it well. Fairplay for that.

"The mob riot incited by Trump is the major news story at present, so I am surprised at how few people on here are actually prepared to condemn him and his mob. I sincerely hope that does not imply tacit approval.

Give him his due. If you aren't American, he has been entertaining.

This is just the culmination of a long list of idiotic mistakes that he's made during his time in office. What surprises me is that he got more votes than 4 years ago, and the second highest number in history. "

He was in a few films here over christmas

XXX pic...
login to view

The ludicrous comedy over the last four years was excellent but Chumps' carefully constructed legacy has been and sadly will continue to be division and hatred. Support him and hate everything and everyone or hate him and everything he stands for. Either way, he gets a win-win, which he loves.

Admittedly, MAGA did leave out the UNITED bit entirely...and the whole cuntery's been left in a hell of a state. Well done, Donny. Quite a result. Just don't expect an encore...

By *eyley  (M) 6 weeks ago

.... and all this because a 'black' man took the piss out of him at some posh dinner.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *teevier   profile verified by photo (M) 6 weeks ago

America has a large contingent of evangelical christian churches. They are evangelical to the extent that they like to tell other people how to believe and how to run their lives. They are not christian, nor are they churches, really, if you think of churches as places to worship and pray. They mostly serve the church officials, since they extort money from the followers relentlessly and churches pay no taxes.

Since these sorts of churches largely attract the guillable and uneducated, they are a lot of sheep to herd whichever way the pastor (!) chooses. This is usually the Republican party, which, like the Tories, exist largely to protect and expand the wealth of rich people, like evangelical preachers.This means they have a handy political rally every Sunday, without the restrictions real political meetings have.

This is trump's base. He lies to them, they believe it. The repubs, like the tories, consistently introduce policies that work against the common people, i.e., austerity measures, lack of healthcare, benefits, etc. And the trumpies don't realise it, they just accept what The Leader says.

Hopefully Trump Lite won't go so off the rails as his hero in WA DC did, but he and the tories are going to keep enriching themselves and their friends instead of improving the country.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 6 weeks ago

On the subject of churches extorting money from the public in the good old U.S. of A. listen to Far Away Eyes by the Rolling Stones, proper takes the piss, Jagger at his best.

*roypup By *roypup   profile verified by photo (M) 6 weeks ago

Further to the subject of churches There is a church called Metropolitan community church which is always on our side, looks after anyone lgbtqiaap, it’s a big church always expanding in different countries where it’s hard or illegal to be gay or bi, this church isn’t a money grabbing church, and it has a fund to help those who are worse off than most of us....ok it was founded in America, but I know the founder and his husband, and the moderator who I’ve known for many years-she is English and does a wonderful job and lives in England but her postal address is in Florida, so not all churches are money grabbing organisations.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 6 weeks ago

Not suggesting that all churches are corrupt, I am quite sure a lot aren't.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *teevier   profile verified by photo (M) 6 weeks ago

To clarify, I specified evangelical churches. They are a different beast. Their emphasis is to forch their beliefs on others. I haven't really seen any of these in the UK, maybe a few Witnesses, but not the full-blown ones. The worst in America are the big online businesses (untaxed, of course). Take a look at Joel Osteen on google. Net worth est. at 60 million dollars. Not very christian, imo.

I've met lots of people who are quietly Christian, Muslem, Buddhist, etc. who are wonderful people, and never try to tell you how to run your life. I've also known churches which do a lot of good in the community. But that's not who these powerful people are.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 6 weeks ago

I agree with Steevier above. I have talked, online, to a good few Americans on an LGBT site. Things are very different over there regarding religion especially in the Bible Belt' Here we know where the churches are and are free to attend them [pre and post Covid] if we wish to. Occasionally you see an eccentric street preacher and you might get a church magazine put through your letter box occasionally. JWs may occasionally knock your door but this has got far less frequent in recent years. Also a lot of churches over here seem far more accepting of different things than they do in the States where they still tend to preach fire and brimstone.

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

"To clarify, I specified evangelical churches. They are a different beast. Their emphasis is to forch their beliefs on others. I haven't really seen any of these in the UK, maybe a few Witnesses, but not the full-blown ones. The worst in America are the big online businesses (untaxed, of course). Take a look at Joel Osteen on google. Net worth est. at 60 million dollars. Not very christian, imo.

I've met lots of people who are quietly Christian, Muslem, Buddhist, etc. who are wonderful people, and never try to tell you how to run your life. I've also known churches which do a lot of good in the community. But that's not who these powerful people are."

No idea what 'forch' means!

XXX pic...
login to view

"No idea what 'forch' means! "

We probably don't give a shit.

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

"No idea what 'forch' means!

We probably don't give a shit."

Who is we? I think you are speaking ONLY for yourself!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ipman  (M) 6 weeks ago

Place your bets. How soon after leaving the White House will Mrs Trump file for divorce ?

XXX pic...
login to view

"Place your bets. How soon after leaving the White House will Mrs Trump file for divorce ? "

She already said that she wants to go home and it's debatable whether she meant Florida. Mel's probably been doing the 'help' behind the blind fool's back for ages, tbh.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 6 weeks ago

Who is we? I think you are speaking ONLY for yourself! "

No. He is speaking for all of us Mr Pedantic.

By *otoned  (M) 6 weeks ago

"

XXX pic...
login to view
By *inger   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

Who is we? I think you are speaking ONLY for yourself! "

Christ! I've not been on here in months and he's still at it

Don't worry,I'll close the door on the way out.

*iversideBottom By *iversideBottom  (M) 5 weeks ago

"

Seconded.

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

"

And who gave him a mandate to speak for everyone? I'll give you the answer since you are unable to work it out for yourself! NO ONE did!

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

Like it or not Mr Gayman007 you annoy a lot of people with your constant criticisms of their spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and typos.

You really need to get a life

"Like it or not Mr Gayman007 you annoy a lot of people with your constant criticisms of their spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and typos.

You really need to get a life"

If you actually bothered to dip your toe into reality occasionally you would see that I never comment on anyone's spelling etc. If I read a word etc that I do not understand I ask what the person means. You seem utterly unable to cope with the notion of someone other than yourself not understanding a word or sentence and asking for clarification. Unlike you I never assume that what I might think is the intended meaning is actually correct.

And you can't even get my Username correct

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 5 weeks ago

And who gave him a mandate to speak for everyone? I'll give you the answer since you are unable to work it out for yourself! NO ONE did! "

You are correct. There are a few people who often claim to speak for everyone, but they simply do not have that power.

And who gave him a mandate to speak for everyone? I'll give you the answer since you are unable to work it out for yourself! NO ONE did!

You are correct. There are a few people who often claim to speak for everyone, but they simply do not have that power."

I totally agree!

When I was last on this site a few years ago (have just rejoined) I was put in the sin bin and timed out from further participation in chat forums. It seems that such a penalty is no longer the case as some of the personalised and sometimes hostile exchanges between contributors is far worse than what I said in response to something someone else posted.

The reason might be that as there is significantly fewer members than there were when I was last here putting anyone in the sin bin wouldnt leave enough active members to justify keeping the site going.

Be nice people!

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 weeks ago

"When I was last on this site a few years ago (have just rejoined) I was put in the sin bin and timed out from further participation in chat forums. It seems that such a penalty is no longer the case as some of the personalised and sometimes hostile exchanges between contributors is far worse than what I said in response to something someone else posted.

The reason might be that as there is significantly fewer members than there were when I was last here putting anyone in the sin bin wouldnt leave enough active members to justify keeping the site going.

Be nice people!"

There are fewer members you are correct. I have ended up on the wrong side of a few time outs. Not all of them I felt fairly received. More down to people who could dish it out but were reticent to receive in kind. That said I am careful to moderate tone now.

I also worked out how many days time out I had, and when my subscription came around to being renewed I didn’t renew it for exactly double the time out time period. I felt as the site wouldn’t interact on a decision I would deny them payment for a time that I deemed appropriate. Also I didn’t seem to hinder my site membership too much. As I am not a great picture trawler and being a non paid up member didn’t stop me posting.

Meanwhile in America................

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 weeks ago

"Meanwhile in America................"

Please tell me you have done a Farage and headed there

"Meanwhile in America................"

And we're........ back in the room

"Meanwhile in America................

Please tell me you have done a Farage and headed there"

Sorry Tessa old girl. No intention of going there. Can't fly for health reasons and don't fancy the voyage. Besides it doesn't appeal to me very much.

Anyway though your pal Farage was back over here [great shame] and about to do battle with Ms Sturgeon.

"Meanwhile in America................

Please tell me you have done a Farage and headed there

Sorry Tessa old girl. No intention of going there. Can't fly for health reasons and don't fancy the voyage. Besides it doesn't appeal to me very much.

Anyway though your pal Farage was back over here [great shame] and about to do battle with Ms Sturgeon."

Bit of a one-sided contest there.

The last time he campaigned in Edinburgh he had to get a police escort out of town for his own safety. I think you’ll find a shortage of Little Englanders up in Scotland for Nigel to get a foothold. Indeed, there is more chance of the Tories forming the next Scottish Government in May. I shall have to look out for those two blue moons and the unicorns grazing on Princes Gardens

If you need health insurance I hear Just giving cam be useful

"

Anyway though your pal Farage was back over here [great shame] and about to do battle with Ms Sturgeon.

Bit of a one-sided contest there.

The last time he campaigned in Edinburgh he had to get a police escort out of town for his own safety. I think you’ll find a shortage of Little Englanders up in Scotland for Nigel to get a foothold. Indeed, there is more chance of the Tories forming the next Scottish Government in May. I shall have to look out for those two blue moons and the unicorns grazing on Princes Gardens

"

I believe so. Found himself holed up in a pub until he could be rescued.

Apart from being as dull as ditch-water a debate between Farage and Nicola could has good and bad consequences.

Good in that it might produce enough hot air to heat all the homes in Edinburgh.

Bad in that it might produce too much hot air and melt the ski resorts in the Cairngorns.

Add a new message to this topic