New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login341909 members (124 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > 40 mps are prepared to write letter asking mrs may to go

See newest message in thread

40 mps are prepared to write letter asking mrs may to go

By *annyboy87  (M) 7 days ago

@private mail, +add as contact

40 mps are prepared to tell Mrs may they've lost confidence in her and may ask her to go and that includes some at top table .

If there backed her up instead of back stabbing she would have able to do her properly yes she may have made one or two mistake s but she's only human . She was the one that's sorting brexit deal out now few steps back now as it doesn't take one day to find new leader and eu have given us two weeks deadline not looking good is it

That's if she does leave apparently their. Only need 8more mps to say they want her out then it goes to in house vote for new leader

If so that will be three leaders in three years that's not good

https://news.sky.com/story/forty-conservative-mps-prepared-to-call-for-theresa-may-to-go-11123282

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Just to add as most will have gathered I don't like what the conservative party do ,but how Mrs may is and as being treated is so wrong it's unbelievable

XXX pic...
login to view
By *he Shooter  (M) 7 days ago

Teresa May gambled with the election and performed very badly on the hustings. Her performance and the reduction in the Tory majority has significantly reduced her power base within both government and her own party. This leaves her open to attack from other sections of her party.

She's a weak leader, she was a reasonable Home Secretary but the role of PM is a step too far for her.

Quite honestly, we have a weak set of MP's and if Mrs May can't stand the heat she needs to get out of the kitchen.

By *aladin1950  (M) 7 days ago

Labour couldn’t oust Corbyn even though he was detested by most but that was due to a small but very hard core group around him fighting to keep him as their figurehead.

May has no such protection and is very much on her own so getting rid of her would not be difficult.

However I think that would be a big mistake as there is no obvious replacement and I do believe the conservatives have blown many of their own chances lately and not supporting May was one such chance.

She took over at a difficult time and I think she has done an excellent job bearing in mind she is fighting on so many fronts. I can’t think of any politician on the scene today who would have done any better than May.

I find myself with mixed emotions. I’m a Labour supporter and always have been. I have seen my party decimated first by Blair and now by Corbyn. If May had been voted Labour leader I would have been very hopeful for the parties future as I see her as fair and willing to work for everyone in her party and not pander to the extremists.

Controversial even in my own mind.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 7 days ago

If this is true the old adage about turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind. With the threat of Corbyn/McDonnel/Abbott and Co waiting to pounce, they should rally around her and wait until Brexit is out of the way before even thinking of being disloyal to her.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 7 days ago

"If this is true the old adage about turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind. With the threat of Corbyn/McDonnel/Abbott and Co waiting to pounce, they should rally around her and wait until Brexit is out of the way before even thinking of being disloyal to her."

That is all very true but these rebellious pro-European MPs want Brexit on their terms.

"If this is true the old adage about turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind. With the threat of Corbyn/McDonnel/Abbott and Co waiting to pounce, they should rally around her and wait until Brexit is out of the way before even thinking of being disloyal to her.

That is all very true but these rebellious pro-European MPs want Brexit on their terms. "

looks we will a rough deal all because ofsome selfish mps

By *HIOG  (M) 5 days ago

"If this is true the old adage about turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind. With the threat of Corbyn/McDonnel/Abbott and Co waiting to pounce, they should rally around her and wait until Brexit is out of the way before even thinking of being disloyal to her."

Zackly!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *s55  (M) 5 days ago

What a brilliant bit of political out manovering using the MPs vote on the brexit deal. The pro euro MPs thought if they voted against the deal they could force the government to about turn and we stay in europe. In the initial vote i wanted to stay in europe but since we voted out and the eurocrats and the punish the UK for daring to leave.

Now even if the pro MPs vote against the deal it means we leave without without a deal. Now it means if they wish to help shape the future of this great country they should pull together and stand together to get the best deal as at the moment the eurocrats just see the pros as a weak link to our gravy train. So well done mrs May what a beautiful move to silence the likes of Corbyn and the pro voters

By *orsetsub  (M) 5 days ago

"What a brilliant bit of political out manovering using the MPs vote on the brexit deal. The pro euro MPs thought if they voted against the deal they could force the government to about turn and we stay in europe. In the initial vote i wanted to stay in europe but since we voted out and the eurocrats and the punish the UK for daring to leave.

Now even if the pro MPs vote against the deal it means we leave without without a deal. Now it means if they wish to help shape the future of this great country they should pull together and stand together to get the best deal as at the moment the eurocrats just see the pros as a weak link to our gravy train. So well done mrs May what a beautiful move to silence the likes of Corbyn and the pro voters"

Yes it can be considered a clever bit of political manoeuvring and for that very reason everyone should be very concerned. Brexit is the most important issue facing this country for many a generation and if the PM and the govt cannot resist the temptation of wasting their time and effort on silly political games rather than totally putting all their efforts into the negotiations and getting the best deal for Britain then perhaps they should stand aside and let people who realise the magnitude of this issue take over.

By *HIOG  (M) 5 days ago

"What a brilliant bit of political out manovering using the MPs vote on the brexit deal. The pro euro MPs thought if they voted against the deal they could force the government to about turn and we stay in europe. In the initial vote i wanted to stay in europe but since we voted out and the eurocrats and the punish the UK for daring to leave.

Now even if the pro MPs vote against the deal it means we leave without without a deal. Now it means if they wish to help shape the future of this great country they should pull together and stand together to get the best deal as at the moment the eurocrats just see the pros as a weak link to our gravy train. So well done mrs May what a beautiful move to silence the likes of Corbyn and the pro voters"

Yes a good move by Mrs May and right to silence Corbyn who wants to create as many difficulties as possible.

By *he Blue Knight   premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

I was just saying many months ago to Mr Ikng and do you know what he agreed with me on so many points about Brexit......I nearly c-h-o-k-e-d on my baked turbot served with foie gras now that would have been a complete waste......

Add a new message to this topic