New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login343278 members (121 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Parliamentary Estate

See newest message in thread

Parliamentary Estate

*ristos By  *ristos    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Looks like the must be selling extra strong sherry in the parliamentary bars. One has been closed due to two members fighting. Well I suppose someone has to set an example.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 5 days ago

"Looks like the must be selling extra strong sherry in the parliamentary bars. One has been closed due to two members fighting. Well I suppose someone has to set an example. "

That's a little bit misleading. The two people fighting were not members they were employees. As far as reporting goes so far no members of parliament were involved and the brawl took place outside the sports and social club not inside it!

By *he Blue Knight   premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

Thank you Mr Moondog, yet again there is someone who loves to start a problem when none exists......

*ristos By  *ristos    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

"Looks like the must be selling extra strong sherry in the parliamentary bars. One has been closed due to two members fighting. Well I suppose someone has to set an example.

That's a little bit misleading. The two people fighting were not members they were employees. As far as reporting goes so far no members of parliament were involved and the brawl took place outside the sports and social club not inside it!"

The incident took place between two employees not members. I stand corrected. The bar in question has recently been taken back to control of the estate from a private contractor and has previously been the subject of problematic drinkers. It seems it’s dayscare also numbered.

"Thank you Mr Moondog, yet again there is someone who loves to start a problem when none exists......"

Could you answer my question above please. And as you do very often I simply reported on something that I was told about by a member of the Estate.

"Looks like the must be selling extra strong sherry in the parliamentary bars. One has been closed due to two members fighting. Well I suppose someone has to set an example.

That's a little bit misleading. The two people fighting were not members they were employees. As far as reporting goes so far no members of parliament were involved and the brawl took place outside the sports and social club not inside it!"

Also just to clarify it was indeed outside of the bar which is within the confines of the Estate. Dreadful isn’t it people fighting within the grounds of parliament and needing hospital treatment.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 5 days ago

" It seems it’s dayscare also numbered. "

Freudian slip but "daycare" seems more apt

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

The details are a bit vague. Both men involved were parliamentary employees and both middle-aged. Should have known better. I can only assume that the bar is within the Palace of Westminster. Since this is a place of work, and remembering several incidents there before, I do not think that there should be any licenced bars there at all. Perhaps I am being a bit puritanical.

" It seems it’s dayscare also numbered.

Freudian slip but "daycare" seems more apt "

Indeed a recent documentary said the House of Lords was the best care home going and they get paid for going.

"The details are a bit vague. Both men involved were parliamentary employees and both middle-aged. Should have known better. I can only assume that the bar is within the Palace of Westminster. Since this is a place of work, and remembering several incidents there before, I do not think that there should be any licenced bars there at all. Perhaps I am being a bit puritanical."

No you are not I agree 100%

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 5 days ago

Two men fight outside a bar hardly newsworthy and it's stretching it to classify it as political. I do regret that someone has got hurt though.

It probably wouldn't be reported except for the fact of where it was.

I really don't mind MPs having a place thats secure to relax and have a drink if they've put the hours in.

I don't subscribe to the view that all MPs are lazy bastards who ride the gravy train. Some I've met are decent genuine people who want to change the world for the better. Let them have their G&T in relative comfort and safety I say.

I realise that won't be a universally held view

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 4 days ago

"Two men fight outside a bar hardly newsworthy and it's stretching it to classify it as political. I do regret that someone has got hurt though.

I really don't mind MPs having a place thats secure to relax and have a drink if they've put the hours in.

I don't subscribe to the view that all MPs are lazy bastards who ride the gravy train. Some I've met are decent genuine people who want to change the world for the better. Let them have their G&T in relative comfort and safety I say.

"

The people who were fighting were employees of the estate, possibly gardeners, guards etc . I think the points are

1. Having a bar at a place of work in this day and age

2. Drinking at the taxpayers expense.

3. Wouldnt everyone like a secure place to relax and drink , we all in our own way are trying to change the world for the better.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *dowannafuck    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 4 days ago

"Two men fight outside a bar hardly newsworthy and it's stretching it to classify it as political. I do regret that someone has got hurt though.

"

*ristos By  *ristos    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 3 days ago

"

Now there is a disturbance in the Lords with an arrest. This place really should be renamed The Palace of Discontent.

Add a new message to this topic