New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364648 members (114 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Tommy Robinson......

See newest message in thread

Tommy Robinson......

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *H23    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 36 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

I would have laughed at his name in the past, but, is he such a bad guy?

Labelled a racist, but I’m not sure he actually is, a nationalist yes.

The reason i bring this to the forum is I’d be very interested in other guys views, as a friend of mine has recently become a bit of a fan of his, and makes some good points that surprisingly caught my attention.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 36 weeks ago

Difficult one. The EDL, which he formerly led, had members who were of Indian sub-continental descent. I was more opposed to the erosion of the English/British way of life and very much concerned about things like certain aspects Sharia law being allowed in this country. I think he meant well and was sincere. My biggest concern---and a strange concern you may think---was that he found to necessary to change his name at least four times. For security reasons or something to hide?

By *aravaggio  (M) 36 weeks ago

My personal opinion is that there should be room in British politics for an alternative view. We forever hear people banging on about integration, but show me where true integration, by the Muslim community, is happening. It simply isn't. To say to the contrary is simply a political vote catcher, or at best, a very Londoncentric view on the matter.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *teve99MCR  (M) 36 weeks ago

I was a member of the EDL and wrote articles for them from an Armed Forces Veteran point of view. In my opinion patriotism is not racism. The media enjoy throwing the label racist about when you say or do something that goes against the national consensus.

I've met Tommy Robinson a few times at marches and court appearances, hes a very switched on fella, we researched and investigated many acts of grooming, and racist killings such as Kris Donald. Now everything we were telling the general public and the media are coming to light.

When marches were organised the BBC would fund travel to enable Antifa to get there and cause as much disruption as possible - and then place the blame at the door of the EDL.

Tommy Robinson had a nightmare, his bank accounts were frozen, businesses ruined and his family harassed - that was just by the media never mind the muslims. He was set up by the police on various trumped up charges, resulting in illegal stays in police cells and prisons around the country - state organised so theres no way of appealing or sueing.

Hes had a couple of books out, which are very interesting reads, if anybody is interested in learning more. I would also say he speaks the truth in his books - why wouldn't he? Hes got nothing to hide.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rian2   profile verified by photo (M) 36 weeks ago

"Difficult one. The EDL, which he formerly led, had members who were of Indian sub-continental descent. I was more opposed to the erosion of the English/British way of life and very much concerned about things like certain aspects Sharia law being allowed in this country. I think he meant well and was sincere. My biggest concern---and a strange concern you may think---was that he found to necessary to change his name at least four times. For security reasons or something to hide?"

In interviews I have heard Tommy Robinson say that he had to change his name to avoid the threats and to protect his family from the backlash created as a result of his stand on issues. I see nothing sinister in that.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 35 weeks ago

"Difficult one. The EDL, which he formerly led, had members who were of Indian sub-continental descent. I was more opposed to the erosion of the English/British way of life and very much concerned about things like certain aspects Sharia law being allowed in this country. I think he meant well and was sincere. My biggest concern---and a strange concern you may think---was that he found to necessary to change his name at least four times. For security reasons or something to hide?

In interviews I have heard Tommy Robinson say that he had to change his name to avoid the threats and to protect his family from the backlash created as a result of his stand on issues. I see nothing sinister in that."

That would seem a good enough reason.

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

To be honest I don't think he is racist. He is definite nationalistic and actually cares what is happening to his country. He speaks his mind. The wishy washy liberals always bring out the race card when they are faced with a few home truths which they can't stomach.

By *ick 59  (M) 35 weeks ago

I agree with a lot of what he says speaks a lot of sense he is only sticking up for this country which in my opinion is going downhill fast I dread to think where we will be in 50 years time

"To be honest I don't think he is racist. He is definite nationalistic and actually cares what is happening to his country. He speaks his mind. The wishy washy liberals always bring out the race card when they are faced with a few home truths which they can't stomach. "

Nationalism stinks

"To be honest I don't think he is racist. He is definite nationalistic and actually cares what is happening to his country. He speaks his mind. The wishy washy liberals always bring out the race card when they are faced with a few home truths which they can't stomach. "

Nationalism stinks

By *1n1999  (M) 35 weeks ago

Please define "true integration"?

By *earnelg  (M) 35 weeks ago

True integration? Definition...Oil and Water.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 35 weeks ago

"Difficult one. The EDL, which he formerly led, had members who were of Indian sub-continental descent. I was more opposed to the erosion of the English/British way of life and very much concerned about things like certain aspects Sharia law being allowed in this country. I think he meant well and was sincere. My biggest concern---and a strange concern you may think---was that he found to necessary to change his name at least four times. For security reasons or something to hide?"

Did he move from Time Team?

*hmactive By *hmactive  (M) 35 weeks ago

No need to be worried about sharia law on british law books. Never will happen. They will get a majority in house of commons and house of lords to change laws mate.

All this hoola ballo anout sharia law on England all crap CANNOT be done. Unless house of commons plus house of lords pass the bill .

*hmactive By *hmactive  (M) 35 weeks ago

Talking about racism.

Everyone on here should easily be able to tell when and where ot happens as i see it we all are a part of a minority community.

We all see the diffoculties and cope with tgem everyday as being gay...

So when another minority community is inder attack one can tell it frpm a mile away ( to say what is wrong or right)

I am tell8ng yiu what is right or wrpng. You are all adults and should know tgat.

Idont read my posts so spelling might be bad...

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ewcocol  (M) 35 weeks ago

Neither does anyone else, they give up in frustration by the end of the second line.

By *ajor mistake  (M) 35 weeks ago

is he a racist, no I don't think so, he at least has talked with some of the Muslim community, who if I am honest fear the extremists with in their own communities just as much, but heres the rub, others are tarring all muslims with the same brush, many do accept british law, and say they are british, they uphold both our way of life, and their cultural roots, I would say that we have more in common, than we thing, we want a safe country, we want rule of law, equal treatment,

we have more to fear from our government's extremist friends exporting their brand of Islam to our schools than anything else, its they who are undermining our way of life, putting people in danger of becoming radicalised Islam like Christianity has many strands, some are more enlightened than others.

By *annyboy87  (M) 35 weeks ago

i believe he is

By *annyboy87  (M) 35 weeks ago

Please ignore my last post done by mistake

By *aravaggio  (M) 35 weeks ago

By the letter of the politically correct mantra that currently exist, he is definitely racist .... but that says more about the idiocy of political correctness than it does about his beliefs. Perhaps if more had the courage to openly voice their opinions we wouldn't find ourselves in the ridiculous position of saying one thing whilst honestly believing another ....

Add a new message to this topic