New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login360907 members (132 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Boris strikes again

See newest message in thread

Boris strikes again

By *aravaggio  (M) 10 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

But to be fair, all the commentators can find to moan about is his choice of words. However, I don't remember any particular fuss being made when France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, and parts of Italy, actually banned Hijabs, niqabs, and burkas. Isn't this more about the liberal media having a go at Boris? Or, I suppose I could put my cynical head on, and suggest its more about winning/keeping votes rather than the actual subject matter of his comments. When will politicians grow a pair, and actually tackle people's concerns? I'll accept these ridiculous items of headware, if I can go into a bank or wherever wearing a full face crash helmet.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

Boris is a clever guy who got away with a lot over the years by being a buffoon but now he is on a more high profile stage he looks more of an idiot. he will say or do anything in attempts to gain popularity but I think most people see through his facade these days.

Anyhow on the subject of saying that concealing one's face in public gives a similar impression to that of a bank robber is fair comment and at worse is only insulting a bit of clothing.

certainly no worse than the many remarks wehave all seen that short skirts give the impression of being a tart .. much more offensive in my eyes!

I'm not sure about banning the burka but I do believe that faces should be revealed in all public buildings whether it's a hood, scarf or crash helmet. One law for everyone!

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 10 weeks ago

BJ may appear like a fool but he is very clever and calculating and knows exactly what he is doing when it comes to advancing his political career. He is playing a blinder. Tapping into the thinly-veiled xenophobia that is rampant at present will only serve to increase his popularity and boost his chances politically. No doubt many people will believe he is only saying what a lot of people think, which worked a treat for NF and DT. I don't personally like the clothing to which he referred but I don't agree with insulting the people who choose to wear it.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee  (M) 10 weeks ago

Leave Boris alone, he has a right to his opinions, and yes they do look stupid. They should be banned in all public buildings at the very least, for my money they should be banned all together.

The Johnson article was actually arguing against banning the burkah.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

I'm not Boris's biggest fan but I do have to admire him for saying what a lot of people think but dare not say. It's the usual 'Oh I'm ever so offended' brigade with their infernal political correctness making a song and dance again. The burka is a degrading piece of female attire and has no place in the 21st century and certainly no place in the civilised world where we are all supposed to be equal. Quite frankly I applaud the countries that have banned them although Boris wasn't even suggesting they should be banned.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *evealing  (M) 10 weeks ago

I fully agree and I thought his remarks were quite funny. That's all they were - remarks.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ebelatsea    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

I think Boris was being his usual self and we shouldn't expect anything less /more. However I firmly believe that in this country the only people who should be permitted to wear face coverings or protection are the Armed, Police and Emergency services when it is for their own protection plus motorcycle riders who should be made to take the helmet off once they dismount. The only exception should be for those unfortunate souls who have suffered facial disfigurement or injury that requires a covering.

"The Johnson article was actually arguing against banning the burkah."

… that was Boris being diplomatic, albeit very thinly veiled … no pun intended, (well, maybe there was) ..

XXX pic...
login to view

They wear them to proclaim their total servitude to their husbands etc. they believe all women should wear them, poor deluded fools. It is of course their choice or so we are led to believe.

*kws By *kws  (M) 10 weeks ago

We need to be like other countries and ban them am fed up with the left wingers and the snowflakes trying to run our country who are all believing the rubbish online.

XXX pic...
login to view

Well said. The problem with a lot of them is the fact that they don't think our laws apply to them, a recent court case a couple were jailed for forcing a member of their family in to a marriage she didn't want, there was an outcry by some members of their community saying they hadn't done anything wrong, no one is above the laws of our country.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 10 weeks ago

for goodness sake, wearing weird clothes is not like violence against people or arranged (without the bride's agreement) marriage so it's not appropriate to compare it.

By the same token, if they choose to dress weird they must expect to have the piss taken out of them.

What's wrong is that we expect better of our senior politicians - we expect them to be above name calling and they should demonstrate that they are fit to represent us.

Boris the buffoon isn't fit for this so we should forgive him.

XXX pic...
login to view

reminds me of the "arresting someone wearing a Loud shirt in a built up area" sketch from Not the 9 O clock News

On a positive note, people wearing a niqab or burka are from a fundamentalist environment and are a sign of people to be wary of on the basis of their "orthodox" religious views

Seeing some of the beached whales in skimpy clothing round here at the moment, I think I could understand a call to make the burka compulsory for everyone until winter sets in.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *aul beach    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

"Seeing some of the beached whales in skimpy clothing round here at the moment, I think I could understand a call to make the burka compulsory for everyone until winter sets in. "

So how are you going to get Boris the beached whale Johnson to wear one then...!!!

Order the vast amount of fabric required from a Muslim country and then tell him he would advance his political career if he wore it - he'd don it in a flash

XXX pic...
login to view
By *affy484  (M) 10 weeks ago

Three words freedom of speech which more spoke the truth

By *annyboy87  (M) 10 weeks ago

And to think there is people out there that think bumbling boris Johnson is fit to lead our beloved conservative party

XXX pic...
login to view
By *exysylvcd  (M) 10 weeks ago

I hate jeremy corbin and all he stands for but, if bumbling Boris ever became leader of the Conservatives i would consider voting Labour

XXX pic...
login to view

"I hate jeremy corbin and all he stands for but, if bumbling Boris ever became leader of the Conservatives i would consider voting Labour "

With you all the way on that - that cunt won’t get my vote

"I hate jeremy corbin and all he stands for but, if bumbling Boris ever became leader of the Conservatives i would consider voting Labour "

I sincerely hope Boris never becomes Conservative leader but I could never, under any circumstances, vote Labour with Corbyn, McDonnell, Thornberry and Abbott in charge. I'd have to consider emigrating.

The conservative party will now sack bumbling boris to save face ,whats he thinking he was doing it just creates more problems for our great beloved leader mrs may as if she hasn't got enough on her plate

By *nubis51  (M) 10 weeks ago

"And to think there is people out there that think bumbling boris Johnson is fit to lead our beloved conservative party

"

I'd have though you'd jump at the opportunity to have him replace your beloved Theresa May!

"I hate jeremy corbin and all he stands for but, if bumbling Boris ever became leader of the Conservatives i would consider voting Labour

With you all the way on that - that cunt won’t get my vote "

Well he'd get mine! All he's done is to upset the usual apologists and hand-wringers by stating a fact. This load of nonsense has only blown up because it's Boris. If it had been anyone else it most likely would have passed with barely a mention, but of course true to form the media have jumped on his comments and made a big issue out of it.

He's perfectly right in what he said - it is a ridiculous garment to wear in public. Our so-called leaders keep banging on about 'multiculturalism' and the lack of integration while at the same time defending the rights of a certain group of people to wear something from the middle ages that effectively isolates them from everyone else. This is Britain and they should be expected to follow British values and customs. Look how many European countries have banned the silly things outright in certain circumstances, in fact I'm surprised the EU hasn't issued one of their 'Directives' about them.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *aura6949   profile verified by photo (TV/TS/CD) 10 weeks ago

If I rode a motor cycle I am made to remove my full face helmet so it should be the same rule for burka wearer's

"I hate jeremy corbin and all he stands for but, if bumbling Boris ever became leader of the Conservatives i would consider voting Labour

With you all the way on that - that cunt won’t get my vote

Well he'd get mine! All he's done is to upset the usual apologists and hand-wringers by stating a fact. This load of nonsense has only blown up because it's Boris. If it had been anyone else it most likely would have passed with barely a mention, but of course true to form the media have jumped on his comments and made a big issue out of it.

He's perfectly right in what he said - it is a ridiculous garment to wear in public. Our so-called leaders keep banging on about 'multiculturalism' and the lack of integration while at the same time defending the rights of a certain group of people to wear something from the middle ages that effectively isolates them from everyone else. This is Britain and they should be expected to follow British values and customs. Look how many European countries have banned the silly things outright in certain circumstances, in fact I'm surprised the EU hasn't issued one of their 'Directives' about them."

thought he’d get your vote wonder why?

"And to think there is people out there that think bumbling boris Johnson is fit to lead our beloved conservative party

I'd have though you'd jump at the opportunity to have him replace your beloved Theresa May! "

yes I would have mrs May replaced but there’s two people I would replace with bumbling boris and mr corbyn

As their all on same level lol

XXX pic...
login to view

I sincerely hope Boris never becomes Conservative leader but I could never, under any circumstances, vote Labour with Corbyn, McDonnell, Thornberry and Abbott in charge. I'd have to consider emigrating."

XXX pic...
login to view

I remember a couple of years ago a teacher was sacked in Germany for refusing to remove her burka whilst teaching children, and about the same time a teacher was suspended in Bradford Yorkshire for the same reason, but I cant recall the outcome of the Bradford case.

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

There are many establishments where crash helmets have to be removed before entering, especially banks, etc. This is for security reason, so people can be identified on CCTV. The same should apply for any head covering.

By *ajor mistake  (M) 10 weeks ago

Johnson thrives on publicity and wants to be PM, he's very much a person in the Trump mould without the mental illness or mafia/ criminal background, why else would Bannon have met with him,

As regards the clothing issue, theres nothing in any religious teaching that say you have to cover from head to toe, its cultural, from ancestral believes, Women only have to dress moderately, and they have to be taught that they don't need to wear Islamic dress , I would go as far as for Imans to actually say that western clothing is not being anti Islamic, that true Christian values are comparable to the base believes they share, that instead of becoming insula they should be mixing.

By *oodman1  (M) 10 weeks ago

Boris an Donald it's a win win

"Boris an Donald it's a win win"

Or you could say: Boris and Donald it's a twin twin

"

As regards the clothing issue, theres nothing in any religious teaching that say you have to cover from head to toe, its cultural, from ancestral believes, Women only have to dress moderately, and they have to be taught that they don't need to wear Islamic dress , I would go as far as for Imans to actually say that western clothing is not being anti Islamic, that true Christian values are comparable to the base believes they share, that instead of becoming insula they should be mixing. "

Absolutely right. The Qu'ran does not specify although the Haditha, a much rather book written by Islamic zealots, does make more of an issue of it. Back in those days all middle-eastern women wore some kind of headwear for protection against the Sun and dust more than the leering eyes of onlookers. Even in this country women kept their heads covered until fairly modern times. Times change and customs change. If they want to integrate with western society they should ditch this outdated and degrading headwear.

You vote depends on the personality of whoever is the leader of the party at the time of the election??? Really?? …. you see? A prime example of why some people shouldn't be allowed the vote! .. ... "Oh! I don't like the cut of his/her jib, I think I'll vote for someone who represents a party with policies completely opposite to those I was going to vote for" … Barmy!!

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

Just been alledged in the last few minutes that Boris Johnson will face an investigation by the Tory Party over his comments about women in Burkas. Don't know how much if any truth is in that.

"The conservative party will now sack bumbling boris to save face ,whats he thinking he was doing it just creates more problems for our great beloved leader mrs may as if she hasn't got enough on her plate

"

Of course they won't sack him. He has just voiced what a vast swathe of the voting public think … as proved on this thread. He knew damn well what he was writing, it wasn't a slip of the tongue, but a considered piece of electioneering via the printed word. The only ones calling for his head will be MPs in the midlands, and other areas with a high concentration of muslims whose existence depends on the their vote. I wish more MPs would voice what we actually think.

One salient point …. have you noticed how there is absolute silence from the muslims, apart from a couple of leaders of multi culturism factions. Nothing from those who are subjugated, not a peep. That in itself shows how women are bullied, they dare not speak out. In our culture, even if a tiny percentage disagreed with something, they would be shouting it from the rooftops.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 10 weeks ago

The wearing of this clothing plus NOT a requirement of Islam, it is an interpretation by certain factions to force their will on women and perpetuate medieval behaviour and culture that favours men. True Islam gives women freedom and empowerment to grow and be all they can be. But that message gets hidden or shouted down.

Claiming he has voiced what a lot of people think is a guess at best, and making a judgement on public opinion based on the small number of opinions on this thread proves absolutely nothing. What he wrote actually covers all bases - he argues against a total ban on the burka but also insults women who choose to wear it. So it stands to reason that everyone with an opinion on the subject will agree with part of what he said, it just depends which part.

"The wearing of this clothing plus NOT a requirement of Islam, it is an interpretation by certain factions to force their will on women and perpetuate medieval behaviour and culture that favours men. True Islam gives women freedom and empowerment to grow and be all they can be. But that message gets hidden or shouted down."

I agree with your view of this article of clothing but I (like you?) would not insult the women who choose to wear it. Sadly every society has its share of controlling partners who dictate what their partner may or may not wear - it is a classic part of domestic abuse.

XXX pic...
login to view

I'm thinking about the days of the mini skirt and all the husbands who forc ed their wives to wear longer skirts and it would often lead to rows and physical abuse by husbands stopping their partners from going out _evealing too much flesh.

"I'm thinking about the days of the mini skirt and all the husbands who forc ed their wives to wear longer skirts and it would often lead to rows and physical abuse by husbands stopping their partners from going out _evealing too much flesh."

You are quite right and I can assure you through my line of work that this is still all too common today. It applies to all sorts of clothing, make-up, behaviour, etc - and men are also subject to such controlling behaviour but tend to be more reluctant to admit it and talk about it.

"Claiming he has voiced what a lot of people think is a guess at best, and making a judgement on public opinion based on the small number of opinions on this thread proves absolutely nothing. What he wrote actually covers all bases - he argues against a total ban on the burka but also insults women who choose to wear it. So it stands to reason that everyone with an opinion on the subject will agree with part of what he said, it just depends which part."

I would suggest that "a guess at best", is far from reality. I cannot remember any British non-muslim person actually saying that these items of clothing were a good thing, which obviously leads me to believe that the opposite is true. OK, politicians straddle the fence, but they don't say its a good thing. Like Boris, they are careful with their words ….

XXX pic...
login to view

"One salient point …. have you noticed how there is absolute silence from the muslims, apart from a couple of leaders of multi culturism factions. Nothing from those who are subjugated, not a peep. That in itself shows how women are bullied, they dare not speak out. In our culture, even if a tiny percentage disagreed with something, they would be shouting it from the rooftops."

or squealing like stuck pigs

I don't think these articles of clothing are a good thing but nor would I insult those who wear them. I therefore agree with BJ that they should not be subject to a total ban - and I will assume that the vast majority of people agree with him on that since he has stated it?

After attending a meeting last night we retired to the hotel bar where Boris's comments suddenly became the hot topic. With the exception of a couple of wavering snowflakes everyone seemed to agree with him and that cut right across party lines. I live in an area where you never see a burka being worn [the odd Muslim headscarf perhaps] but I am sure we are not exceptional with our views. Apart from looking ridiculous I think they are downright degrading.

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

I can't believe this is such an issue. Saudi Arabia is feudal dictatorship, Coptic Christians are murdered in Egypt, Turkey is rife with human rights abuses.... yet a very mild insult against a backward and downright fascist ideology and all the appeasers are up in arms about it.

When are the so called anti-fascists going to grow some balls and actually oppose REAL fascist ideologies and states ?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ljcleeve   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

I'd never normally agree with much that a Tory says and almost never with anything from this bumbling, scruffy disgrace for a public figure, but I have to agree with Boris on this one.

They do look ridiculous and like letterboxes and if a person dressed like that suddenly appeared by me in a dim street at night I'd certainly defend myself first and ask questions later.

Are they allowed to dress like that in a bank or at passport control etc. where everyone else has to show their face?

"I can't believe this is such an issue. Saudi Arabia is feudal dictatorship, Coptic Christians are murdered in Egypt, Turkey is rife with human rights abuses.... yet a very mild insult against a backward and downright fascist ideology and all the appeasers are up in arms about it.

When are the so called anti-fascists going to grow some balls and actually oppose REAL fascist ideologies and states ?"

"I can't believe this is such an issue. Saudi Arabia is feudal dictatorship, Coptic Christians are murdered in Egypt, Turkey is rife with human rights abuses.... yet a very mild insult against a backward and downright fascist ideology and all the appeasers are up in arms about it.

When are the so called anti-fascists going to grow some balls and actually oppose REAL fascist ideologies and states ?"

To suggest that people who disagree with insults against women who choose to wear certain items of clothing do not oppose fascist ideologies is totally illogical, although such a suggestion will appeal to fools who readily fall for empty rhetoric.

"After attending a meeting last night we retired to the hotel bar where Boris's comments suddenly became the hot topic. With the exception of a couple of wavering snowflakes everyone seemed to agree with him and that cut right across party lines. I live in an area where you never see a burka being worn [the odd Muslim headscarf perhaps] but I am sure we are not exceptional with our views. Apart from looking ridiculous I think they are downright degrading."

I wonder how the group you are referring to was comprised in terms of ethnicity/age/social background etc. in order to serve as a snapshot of general opinion. I agree that the burka is degrading to anyone who is made (rather than chooses) to wear it but I would not say that they look ridiculous. That could be because we have become used to what is becoming our norm of vast amounts of flabby flesh on display everywhere we look.

By *sporty7   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

he is not insulting the people who wear it he is insulting the item of clothing ,

"After attending a meeting last night we retired to the hotel bar where Boris's comments suddenly became the hot topic. With the exception of a couple of wavering snowflakes everyone seemed to agree with him and that cut right across party lines. I live in an area where you never see a burka being worn [the odd Muslim headscarf perhaps] but I am sure we are not exceptional with our views. Apart from looking ridiculous I think they are downright degrading.

I wonder how the group you are referring to was comprised in terms of ethnicity/age/social background etc. in order to serve as a snapshot of general opinion. I agree that the burka is degrading to anyone who is made (rather than chooses) to wear it but I would not say that they look ridiculous. That could be because we have become used to what is becoming our norm of vast amounts of flabby flesh on display everywhere we look."

Ah yes. Thought this would come up.

Ethnicity:- Exclusively Caucasian

Social Background:- Sorry forgot to take addresses to see if they came from a run down council estate or Millionaire's Row

And I stand by my remark that they do look ridiculous, but I would also say that a gang of teenage girls wearing nothing but skimpy tops, bare midriffs and micro skirts look quite ridiculous walking down the street on a frosty winter's night.

"he is not insulting the people who wear it he is insulting the item of clothing ,"

That is not true - read the article again and you will see that he is insulting the women who wear them.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ister Pfister   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

Lets get this straight, once and for all... Post boxes are for 1st & 2nd class mails

Burkas are for 2nd class females

"he is not insulting the people who wear it he is insulting the item of clothing ,

That is not true - read the article again and you will see that he is insulting the women who wear them."

Are you sure about that? Take a look at the photo of the woman in blue in this article and tell me it doesn't look ridiculous. (and don't give me any crap about the Daily Mail either because your words will be wasted on me!) Looking at it I can see where Raymond Cusick got his idea for the design of the Daleks from!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6041127/Tories-war-Boris-Johnsons-refusal-apologise-comparing-burkas-letterboxes.html

Of all the rags in all the world, I would never consult the one you refer to for any 'information' that I would value.

"Of all the rags in all the world, I would never consult the one you refer to for any 'information' that I would value."

I expected that sort of remark, hence my comment. Nobody's asking you to get any information from it, just look at the picture - or is that too complicated for you?

I don't need to look at any pictures of burkas. I've seen plenty and don't like them, but I still won't insult the people who wear them.

"Lets get this straight, once and for all... Post boxes are for 1st & 2nd class mails

Burkas are for 2nd class females"

"I don't need to look at any pictures of burkas. I've seen plenty and don't like them, but I still won't insult the people who wear them."

but some do like to insult these people for any reason

XXX pic...
login to view

I’d rather be insulted for the clothes I wear than for being fat or thick or any number of other things.

I don’t mind the look of the burka and I think the hijab(similar to our nuns) is an attractive piece of headwear but I also believe faces should be revealed in public buildings. I have compared the burka and niqab to letterboxes ... its a pity they don’t make them in red.

"After attending a meeting last night we retired to the hotel bar where Boris's comments suddenly became the hot topic. With the exception of a couple of wavering snowflakes everyone seemed to agree with him and that cut right across party lines. I live in an area where you never see a burka being worn [the odd Muslim headscarf perhaps] but I am sure we are not exceptional with our views. Apart from looking ridiculous I think they are downright degrading.

I wonder how the group you are referring to was comprised in terms of ethnicity/age/social background etc. in order to serve as a snapshot of general opinion. I agree that the burka is degrading to anyone who is made (rather than chooses) to wear it but I would not say that they look ridiculous. That could be because we have become used to what is becoming our norm of vast amounts of flabby flesh on display everywhere we look.

Social Background:- Sorry forgot to take addresses to see if they came from a run down council estate or Millionaire's Row

And I stand by my remark that they do look ridiculous, but I would also say that a gang of teenage girls wearing nothing but skimpy tops, bare midriffs and micro skirts look quite ridiculous walking down the street on a frosty winter's night."

Err … you gay or summat?? … mmmm … teenage girls, micro skirts, a winter's night, nipples standing out proud …. drool!!!! ….

And I stand by my remark that they do look ridiculous, but I would also say that a gang of teenage girls wearing nothing but skimpy tops, bare midriffs and micro skirts look quite ridiculous walking down the street on a frosty winter's night.

Err … you gay or summat?? … mmmm … teenage girls, micro skirts, a winter's night, nipples standing out proud …. drool!!!! …. "

Yes A minority of one on this site I'm beginning to think.

I should have added that these girls were complaining about it being cold.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

"I don't need to look at any pictures of burkas. I've seen plenty and don't like them, but I still won't insult the people who wear them."

If you think it why wouldn't you say it? At least, don't attack those who say what you think.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

I think dear Boris must have attended The Duke of Edinburgh school of charm.

http://themetapicture.com/most-pointless-family-photo-ever/

The above is an oldie, but it always makes me smile and shake my head in wonderment .. I mean, Why?????

Grieve and Soubry have threatened to leave the Tory party if Boris ever became PM. It would be a small price to pay to have Boris in that position if it meant getting rid of that vile cow Soubry - the Tory answer to Dianne Abbott!

"http://themetapicture.com/most-pointless-family-photo-ever/

The above is an oldie, but it always makes me smile and shake my head in wonderment .. I mean, Why?????"

All those letter boxes! They must be for different grades of post!

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

When are the so called anti-fascists going to grow some balls and actually oppose REAL fascist ideologies and states ?

To suggest that people who disagree with insults against women who choose to wear certain items of clothing do not oppose fascist ideologies is totally illogical, although such a suggestion will appeal to fools who readily fall for empty rhetoric."

And you know for a fact that they ALL 'choose' to wear such an item of clothing ? Women have only just been allowed to drive in Saudi - how backward do you want it ? My point is it is a very mild insult compared to the very real murders and persecutions across the planet in the name of said religion. Why do people promote tolerance of an intolerant ideology ? The true fools are those who believe you can appease an ideology that shows no tolerance towards others.

"And you know for a fact that they ALL 'choose' to wear such an item of clothing ? Women have only just been allowed to drive in Saudi - how backward do you want it ? My point is it is a very mild insult compared to the very real murders and persecutions across the planet in the name of said religion. Why do people promote tolerance of an intolerant ideology ? The true fools are those who believe you can appease an ideology that shows no tolerance towards others."

To suggest that people who disagree with insults against women who choose to wear certain items of clothing do not oppose fascist ideologies is totally illogical, although such a suggestion will appeal to fools who readily fall for empty rhetoric.

And you know for a fact that they ALL 'choose' to wear such an item of clothing ? Women have only just been allowed to drive in Saudi - how backward do you want it ? My point is it is a very mild insult compared to the very real murders and persecutions across the planet in the name of said religion. Why do people promote tolerance of an intolerant ideology ? The true fools are those who believe you can appease an ideology that shows no tolerance towards others.

"

well said

"Grieve and Soubry have threatened to leave the Tory party if Boris ever became PM. It would be a small price to pay to have Boris in that position if it meant getting rid of that vile cow Soubry - the Tory answer to Dianne Abbott! "

for once I’m in agreement with my lover

"Grieve and Soubry have threatened to leave the Tory party if Boris ever became PM. It would be a small price to pay to have Boris in that position if it meant getting rid of that vile cow Soubry - the Tory answer to Dianne Abbott! "

Perhaps that pompous Baroness Warsi and Lord Shake-Rattle-n-Roll would like to join them. No great loss.

"Grieve and Soubry have threatened to leave the Tory party if Boris ever became PM. It would be a small price to pay to have Boris in that position if it meant getting rid of that vile cow Soubry - the Tory answer to Dianne Abbott!

Perhaps that pompous Baroness Warsi and Lord Shake-Rattle-n-Roll would like to join them. No great loss."

well said

Our beloved Conservative party does need an complete change overall

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *eightonpa1    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

"I'd never normally agree with much that a Tory says and almost never with anything from this bumbling, scruffy disgrace for a public figure, but I have to agree with Boris on this one.

They do look ridiculous and like letterboxes and if a person dressed like that suddenly appeared by me in a dim street at night I'd certainly defend myself first and ask questions later.

Are they allowed to dress like that in a bank or at passport control etc. where everyone else has to show their face?"

From my understanding, they can wear them in a bank & for passport control, they are taken into a side room where a 2 female staff agree they are the person in the photo. My friend works at passport control in Leeds airport. The male with the females often kicks off saying that the face is for his eyes only & for anyone to look at it is as good as raping her.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *eightonpa1    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

I have come in late to this but still feel I need to point out that everyone wants to ban the burka. I have yet to see a female in the UK in a burka. I have seen a lot in the Black niqab which where only the eyes can be seen. I feel the niqab Should be banned in public places full stop you don't know who is under that & can be very off-putting & I for one if was in a dim lite area & a niqab wear was to walk into the same area I would be like another member Hit first ask questions after. I have to go to a London Hospital once a year & last year there was 3 niqab wears sat there & there wasn't anyone wanting to sit near them a young muslin female came & sat next to me she was wearing a Hijab the headscarf. She said that it is wrong that they can sit in a public building wearing an outdated item a headwear that some male has made her wear. It isn't in any holy book it is a man-made law, to hold women back & remind them that they are meant to be faceless & aren't worth anything, She went on to say she wears the headscarf as she liked it But at any time she wanted to she could remove it. No man had made her wear it & if they had she wouldn't be around to tell me this. She would've said no which would've to lead to her being stoned to death.

I rarely visit any big cities or areas with high Muslim populations these days. Whilst passing through Coventry a couple of years ago I saw a couple of women in a burkas. Must say it looked odd. Also, whilst there, I went into a busy supermarket. A girl at one of the checkouts was wearing a niqab, She sat there alone with no one going through her checkout yet there were queues at the others. I also noted that well over half the shoppers were 'ethnic' yet they still shunned her.

If women want to wear these garments at home or out socially that is fine but in a place of work they are a complete no no.

By *awtyCawty   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

"I have come in late to this but still feel I need to point out that everyone wants to ban the burka. I have yet to see a female in the UK in a burka. I have seen a lot in the Black niqab which where only the eyes can be seen. I feel the niqab Should be banned in public places full stop you don't know who is under that & can be very off-putting & I for one if was in a dim lite area & a niqab wear was to walk into the same area I would be like another member Hit first ask questions after. I have to go to a London Hospital once a year & last year there was 3 niqab wears sat there & there wasn't anyone wanting to sit near them a young muslin female came & sat next to me she was wearing a Hijab the headscarf. She said that it is wrong that they can sit in a public building wearing an outdated item a headwear that some male has made her wear. It isn't in any holy book it is a man-made law, to hold women back & remind them that they are meant to be faceless & aren't worth anything, She went on to say she wears the headscarf as she liked it But at any time she wanted to she could remove it. No man had made her wear it & if they had she wouldn't be around to tell me this. She would've said no which would've to lead to her being stoned to death. "

You need to get out more. I have a friend who has a business in Cricklewood in London and the burkas are everywhere. It’s like being in a foreign country. I also have to visit the shithole that is Leicester to see clients of mine and there are loads of them there. It’s like a Dr Who episode where the daleks are invading.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Grieve and Soubry have threatened to leave the Tory party if Boris ever became PM. It would be a small price to pay to have Boris in that position if it meant getting rid of that vile cow Soubry - the Tory answer to Dianne Abbott!

Perhaps that pompous Baroness Warsi and Lord Shake-Rattle-n-Roll would like to join them. No great loss.well said

Our beloved Conservative party does need an complete change overall "

I agree, it’s the alternatives I dread from the current crop of rimmers, spineless, out-of-touchers and idiots - and that’s in the Conservatives. The Labour Party looks even worse.

By *orderguard  (M) 10 weeks ago

Can't see that Boris has anything to apologise for. He was only telling the truth. That silly old fool Lord Sheikh should apologise after he was ranting and raving on the news the other night. I have to go to Leicester quite often and it is scary seeing these women in burkas milling about. As someone has said its more like a scene from Dr Who.

One thing I do wonder about is how do these women goo on if they go to a restaurant? Probably not allowed in their cult.

As a poster above observed, people really should know the difference between burkha and niquab. I too cannot recall ever seeing a burkha, which is an overall covering with what amounts to a confessional grill where the eyes are. When people refer to a postbox look, that's a niquab. However, both should be banned as far as I'm concerned. For a kick off, you don't even know the sex of whoever is wearing it, never mind anything else.

That's true Mr C. I seem to remember a BBC reporter went under cover during the Afghan wars wearing a burka. Trouble was he was quite tall.

Regarding these burkas letterbox or whatever anyone wants to call them

I personally don’t have problems with them but when you go into a bank, post office or anywhere where you have to show your face these things have to be taken off just like an helmet

You can’t have one law for one and another for someone else it’s british law live in Britain live by their laws same if anyone went to live wherever these burkas originated from

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

Some years ago a bus driver in Sheffield was reprimanded for demanding to see the face of a Burka wearing person to ensure it matched the free pass that had been presented. Once you start along that slippery slope of allowing certain groups rights above and beyond what the rest of the public are allowed then you are obviously going to stoke up animosity against that group. People should be allowed to wear what they want but in the instances such as entering building societies, going through passport control or showing photo ID then the same rules should apply to all - once you allow burkas then you make a total mockery of photo ID and might as well not bother with it.

By *annyboy87  (M) 9 weeks ago

"Some years ago a bus driver in Sheffield was reprimanded for demanding to see the face of a Burka wearing person to ensure it matched the free pass that had been presented. Once you start along that slippery slope of allowing certain groups rights above and beyond what the rest of the public are allowed then you are obviously going to stoke up animosity against that group. People should be allowed to wear what they want but in the instances such as entering building societies, going through passport control or showing photo ID then the same rules should apply to all - once you allow burkas then you make a total mockery of photo ID and might as well not bother with it. "

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 9 weeks ago

Now Christine Hamilton---the charismatic wife of dull-as-ditchwater former MP Neil Hamilton--has stepped into the burka fray. She has said they look like Klu Klux Klan hoods. Hasn't gone down well in certain circles and at least one charity has disowned her as a patron.

By *awtyCawty   premium paying member (M) 9 weeks ago

"Now Christine Hamilton---the charismatic wife of dull-as-ditchwater former MP Neil Hamilton--has stepped into the burka fray. She has said they look like Klu Klux Klan hoods. Hasn't gone down well in certain circles and at least one charity has disowned her as a patron."

It’s sadly a typical knee-jerk reaction. The left-wing liberal elite under Bliar and his fellow Labour scum started all this pc crap. They just darent offend the Muslims at any cost. I don’t know why, they have never contributed to our modern civilised society, except to the slow agonising death of it. The liberal elite have perpetrated and encouraged this current mess over a number of years. Now we can’t even fly our own flag without being accused of being racist. Any debate about Islam is instantly shot down with the R word. The Christian church and all its values is slowly being marginalised abd ridiculed and hidden away, while Islam is allowed to flourish and mosques pop up everywhere. I’m the words of Cpl Fraser, we’re all doomed.

By *nubis51  (M) 9 weeks ago

"Now Christine Hamilton---the charismatic wife of dull-as-ditchwater former MP Neil Hamilton--has stepped into the burka fray. She has said they look like Klu Klux Klan hoods. Hasn't gone down well in certain circles and at least one charity has disowned her as a patron.

It’s sadly a typical knee-jerk reaction. The left-wing liberal elite under Bliar and his fellow Labour scum started all this pc crap. They just darent offend the Muslims at any cost. I don’t know why, they have never contributed to our modern civilised society, except to the slow agonising death of it. The liberal elite have perpetrated and encouraged this current mess over a number of years. Now we can’t even fly our own flag without being accused of being racist. Any debate about Islam is instantly shot down with the R word. The Christian church and all its values is slowly being marginalised abd ridiculed and hidden away, while Islam is allowed to flourish and mosques pop up everywhere. I’m the words of Cpl Fraser, we’re all doomed."

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 9 weeks ago

"Now Christine Hamilton---the charismatic wife of dull-as-ditchwater former MP Neil Hamilton--has stepped into the burka fray. She has said they look like Klu Klux Klan hoods. Hasn't gone down well in certain circles and at least one charity has disowned her as a patron."

Good for that charity - wish there were more with a moral compass like that.

"Now Christine Hamilton---the charismatic wife of dull-as-ditchwater former MP Neil Hamilton--has stepped into the burka fray. She has said they look like Klu Klux Klan hoods. Hasn't gone down well in certain circles and at least one charity has disowned her as a patron.

Good for that charity - wish there were more with a moral compass like that."

Stuff their moral compass, this outdated garment from the middle ages has no place in modern society today. If they want to wear these ridiculous things they should clear off to the Middle East where they're still expected to be worn. You've got to wonder at the mentality of some politicians when you've got the likes of Ruth Davidson comparing these things to Christians wearing a crucifix! Good grief, there's absolutely no comparison between the two!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 9 weeks ago

Stuff their moral compass, this outdated garment from the middle ages has no place in modern society today. If they want to wear these ridiculous things they should clear off to the Middle East where they're still expected to be worn. You've got to wonder at the mentality of some politicians when you've got the likes of Ruth Davidson comparing these things to Christians wearing a crucifix! Good grief, there's absolutely no comparison between the two!!!! "

Unless it’s a fucking big crucifix, it won’t cover the face

Stuff their moral compass, this outdated garment from the middle ages has no place in modern society today. If they want to wear these ridiculous things they should clear off to the Middle East where they're still expected to be worn. You've got to wonder at the mentality of some politicians when you've got the likes of Ruth Davidson comparing these things to Christians wearing a crucifix! Good grief, there's absolutely no comparison between the two!!!! "

I'm guessing you don't like the burka then? What about hoodies and balaclavas and KKK hoods?

Stuff their moral compass, this outdated garment from the middle ages has no place in modern society today. If they want to wear these ridiculous things they should clear off to the Middle East where they're still expected to be worn. You've got to wonder at the mentality of some politicians when you've got the likes of Ruth Davidson comparing these things to Christians wearing a crucifix! Good grief, there's absolutely no comparison between the two!!!!

I'm guessing you don't like the burka then? What about hoodies and balaclavas and KKK hoods?"

Although that is obviously not directed at me [I think] I will say I dislike the burka because it degrades women and is totally out of place in modern western society. Hoodies are a bit of a fad although they are handy garments and even I, at my age, own a couple of them. Again lads wearing hoodies should pull back the hood on entering places like a bank. Full face Balaclavas are rarely worm except by certain members of the armed forces, police armed response units and bank robbers [over to you on that one Boris] As for KKK hoods they have no place in this country.

I can't see why anyone would be offended by wearing a crucifix unless it was one of those enormous episcopal pectoral crosses. In the same way I could not see any objection to a Muslim wearing a crescent moon neckless [if such an emblem is allowed] or an Hindu wearing a Shiva Nataraja one.

I know of someone on here that owns a KKK outfit.

KKK outfit is exactly same as a burka only difference is around eyes burka have letterbox cut kkk circles around eyes

*t one fell swoop By *t one fell swoop  (M) 9 weeks ago

It’s sadly a typical knee-jerk reaction. The left-wing liberal elite under Bliar and his fellow Labour scum started all this pc crap. They just darent offend the Muslims at any cost. I don’t know why, they have never contributed to our modern civilised society, except to the slow agonising death of it. The liberal elite have perpetrated and encouraged this current mess over a number of years. Now we can’t even fly our own flag without being accused of being racist. Any debate about Islam is instantly shot down with the R word. The Christian church and all its values is slowly being marginalised abd ridiculed and hidden away, while Islam is allowed to flourish and mosques pop up everywhere. I’m the words of Cpl Fraser, we’re all doomed."

says the man who wants effeminate sissy boys to use and abuse for his own amusement...

Blairs liberal elite created so many PC attitudes because having relaxed entry requirements they not rely upon the gratitude of the muslim community to keep them in power

As for Boris his Telegraph articles tend to be well thought out and logical and yes his language can be basic but he is only voicing the opinions of the silent majority.Above all he is seen as the enemy By Theresa Mays Remainers who need him out of the way so that they can keep peddling their crap

"Blairs liberal elite created so many PC attitudes because having relaxed entry requirements they not rely upon the gratitude of the muslim community to keep them in power

As for Boris his Telegraph articles tend to be well thought out and logical and yes his language can be basic but he is only voicing the opinions of the silent majority.Above all he is seen as the enemy By Theresa Mays Remainers who need him out of the way so that they can keep peddling their crap"

Well might totally agree that’s it’s all labours fault, which labour are guilty of some of it but to say conservatives are not to blame in any is bollocks

But you are totally correct 110% about second paragraph

“Above all he is seen as the enemy By Theresa Mays Remainers who need him out of the way so that they can keep peddling their crap”

Glad to see I’m not only one that can see the truth

You will have all conservative apologists knickers in a twist now

By *orderguard  (M) 9 weeks ago

"Blairs liberal elite created so many PC attitudes because having relaxed entry requirements they not rely upon the gratitude of the muslim community to keep them in power

As for Boris his Telegraph articles tend to be well thought out and logical and yes his language can be basic but he is only voicing the opinions of the silent majority.Above all he is seen as the enemy By Theresa Mays Remainers who need him out of the way so that they can keep peddling their crap

Well might totally agree that’s it’s all labours fault, which labour are guilty of some of it but to say conservatives are not to blame in any is bollocks

But you are totally correct 110% about second paragraph

“Above all he is seen as the enemy By Theresa Mays Remainers who need him out of the way so that they can keep peddling their crap”

Glad to see I’m not only one that can see the truth

You will have all conservative apologists knickers in a twist now "

Well Danny we can always guarantee that you get your knickers in a twist the moment Mrs May gets mentioned

See what I mean about conservatives apologists, won’t admit just accuse

Next you be saying I’m going on one just can’t admit our fellow member got it right mrs May and her team of remainers

All brexiters are dropping like flies from mrs mays cabinet surely the conservative apologists can see that

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 9 weeks ago

I’m amazed this thread is still going when there is actually very little to say on the subject.

Most of the country seem to believe Boris has made a good point (whatever his motives) and some believe he as a bit rude and should possibly say sorry for any unintended rudeness without apologising for the point he was making.

I can’t recall meeting anyone who had strong feelings that he had committed some major crime or was being racist.

The media loves anything that drags on and stays in the limelight for a while and social media loves anything which is simple yes, no, maybe, don’t care without having to contain any thing of importance.

The length of the thread is a bit like a “suck or blow”, “rate my cock” thread which says it all lol.

Good point TW. Strange how some have managed to turn it to that boring old chestnut of Brexit. Don't they realise that Burka wearers do not originate from any EU countries? Should have paid more attention to geography lessons at school instead of staring into space and daydreaming.

I have asked a lot of people for their views and mostly they say they agree with him. But it is interesting that I am the only person I know who has read his article. How can people agree with an opinion if they haven't read the article in question as they can't possibly know what they are agreeing with? Seems a lot of people still base their opinions on what they are drip-fed by their news source of choice. Frightening really how easy it is to lead people by the nose

Hate to admit you are right on this one Eastkenter. People don't read articles and only hear the cherry-picked twist that the sensationalist media put on it. Boris's original comment were far more innocuous than the media made out. I read it and thought his comments about burkas were a bit 'throwaway' and tongue-in-cheek. Same applies to Christine Hamilton's comments. Again mis-reported and blown out of all proportion..

apropos Boris, think about Macbeth's words:

I have no spur

To prick the side of my intent, but only

Vaulting ambition

but the speech continues:

which o'erleaps itself

And falls on th'other.

I personally hope for a fall.

And Boris is more Humpty-Dumpty (on a zip wire, rather than a wall) than Macbeth...

"I'm guessing you don't like the burka then? What about hoodies and balaclavas and KKK hoods?"

What a ridiculous comparison! Nobody wears a hoodie or a balaclava every time they go out in public, and hoodies don't cover the face - those that wear them to hide their identity just keep their heads down to avoid the cctv cameras! As for the KKK, since when did you see any of that cult parading around in this country?

"It’s sadly a typical knee-jerk reaction. The left-wing liberal elite under Bliar and his fellow Labour scum started all this pc crap. They just darent offend the Muslims at any cost. I don’t know why, they have never contributed to our modern civilised society, except to the slow agonising death of it. The liberal elite have perpetrated and encouraged this current mess over a number of years. Now we can’t even fly our own flag without being accused of being racist. Any debate about Islam is instantly shot down with the R word. The Christian church and all its values is slowly being marginalised abd ridiculed and hidden away, while Islam is allowed to flourish and mosques pop up everywhere. I’m the words of Cpl Fraser, we’re all doomed.

says the man who wants effeminate sissy boys to use and abuse for his own amusement..."

And your point is?

"I'm guessing you don't like the burka then? What about hoodies and balaclavas and KKK hoods?

What a ridiculous comparison! Nobody wears a hoodie or a balaclava every time they go out in public, and hoodies don't cover the face - those that wear them to hide their identity just keep their heads down to avoid the cctv cameras! As for the KKK, since when did you see any of that cult parading around in this country?"

Don't you recognise sarcasm? I was goading you and you fell for it.

By *aravaggio  (M) 9 weeks ago

"I know of someone on here that owns a KKK outfit.

KKK outfit is exactly same as a burka only difference is around eyes burka have letterbox cut kkk circles around eyes"

Danny …. the burkha DOES NOT have the letter box look, what you're referring to is the niqab. The burkha is a whole lot more intimidating.

Leave the Hamiltons alone, they used to throw good parties …. nudge, nudge, wink, wink ….

"I'm guessing you don't like the burka then? What about hoodies and balaclavas and KKK hoods?

What a ridiculous comparison! Nobody wears a hoodie or a balaclava every time they go out in public, and hoodies don't cover the face - those that wear them to hide their identity just keep their heads down to avoid the cctv cameras! As for the KKK, since when did you see any of that cult parading around in this country?

Don't you recognise sarcasm? I was goading you and you fell for it."

My mistake, I'd forgotten you lefties like to have the last word. I should have ignored you - as I will in future. Just try to make your comparisons more relevant next time though.

Leave the Hamiltons alone, they used to throw good parties …. nudge, nudge, wink, wink …. "

I've heard about their parties but never been to one. I've met them on several occasions. Christine is quite lively and good company but always though Neil a bit of a wet blanket.

By *untime  (M) 9 weeks ago

people should be allowed to wear what they like

we all know Boris is only interested in power and has no integrity

this clothing is not a disguise ....

better to ban religion its certainly corrosive...

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 9 weeks ago

I see in one paper on the weekend, 'Tory chiefs' may send Boris to diversity training........i don't see how Boris learning to dance will help the situation!

My mistake, I'd forgotten you lefties like to have the last word. I should have ignored you - as I will in future. Just try to make your comparisons more relevant next time though."

Oh well. I will enjoy reading your rants though. The anger and bitterness behind them always remind me of a quote from Shakespeare - 'full of sound and fury ... signifying nothing'

My mistake, I'd forgotten you lefties like to have the last word. I should have ignored you - as I will in future. Just try to make your comparisons more relevant next time though.

Oh well. I will enjoy reading your rants though. The anger and bitterness behind them always remind me of a quote from Shakespeare - 'full of sound and fury ... signifying nothing'"

By *ajor mistake  (M) 9 weeks ago

This was just Boris saying something to rouse his troops, and its worked, its upset enough tory party MP's to ensure he can launch his leadership bid, may's very weak , and Boris for his faults does have a lot of populist support, this will be the best opportunity he will ever had, Brexit is coming off the rails, so the brexiteers will back him, May clearly can't struggle on much longer, donors are putting pressure on the party to oust her, its all coming to plan, make up an reason to quit the government, undermine the PM, then put her in a position where she if she does the right thing, will trigger more internal fights, the donors are getting spooked , and panicking as more Members put in letters, I can see an party leadership challenge very soon, as soon as parliament re sits.

I think you are right. He's planned this well. My bet is he will be PM before the end of the year, followed by a general election. He will be PM for a very short time but that won't bother him as he has always wanted the position and will be able to say he has achieved his ambition. BJ has always thought only of himself and it's served him well.

Now Carwyn 'Sleepy-Head' Jones, the serial non-achieving First Minister of Wales, has added his two-pe'orth to the row. He is calling Boris's comment racist but I doubt he read what the ex FS really said. Plus another idiot who thinks Islam is a race and not a religious cult.

Oh well. I will enjoy reading your rants though. The anger and bitterness behind them always remind me of a quote from Shakespeare - 'full of sound and fury ... signifying nothing'"

"I know of someone on here that owns a KKK outfit.

KKK outfit is exactly same as a burka only difference is around eyes burka have letterbox cut kkk circles around eyes

Danny …. the burkha DOES NOT have the letter box look, what you're referring to is the niqab. The burkha is a whole lot more intimidating."

well I was wrong thanks mr c for pointing it out

Learnt something new today

Steve Bannon likes Johnson, as he does Tommy Robinson. This is the man who told France's far-right that attacks for racism and xenophobia should be worn 'like a medal', and who admits that his team is in daily touch with the disgusting Robinson. Of Johnson he says, 'I consider Boris Johnson someone who understands the physics in the ebb and flow of events.'

This is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: ambitious, shallow, selfish, unprincipled - and some people would like to see him as Prime Minister...?

*nyx1062 By *nyx1062  (M) 9 weeks ago

well said nk,i am sick of people playing the race card when race has nothing to do with what was said,and if people actually read the said article they would see there was nothing racist in the article.

"I see in one paper on the weekend, 'Tory chiefs' may send Boris to diversity training........i don't see how Boris learning to dance will help the situation! "

That was quite funny …

"Steve Bannon likes Johnson, as he does Tommy Robinson. This is the man who told France's far-right that attacks for racism and xenophobia should be worn 'like a medal', and who admits that his team is in daily touch with the disgusting Robinson. Of Johnson he says, 'I consider Boris Johnson someone who understands the physics in the ebb and flow of events.'

This is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: ambitious, shallow, selfish, unprincipled - and some people would like to see him as Prime Minister...?"

Seems ideally qualified, to me! ..

Interesting thought. As well as being related to some minor German royalty, I understand Boris's great grandfather was Turkish. So there is a strong possibility that at least one of his ancestresses wore a burka.

Oh well. I will enjoy reading your rants though. The anger and bitterness behind them always remind me of a quote from Shakespeare - 'full of sound and fury ... signifying nothing' "

I guessed you'd jump on the bandwagon with that one Danny. Nothing new there then.

"Steve Bannon likes Johnson, as he does Tommy Robinson. This is the man who told France's far-right that attacks for racism and xenophobia should be worn 'like a medal', and who admits that his team is in daily touch with the disgusting Robinson. Of Johnson he says, 'I consider Boris Johnson someone who understands the physics in the ebb and flow of events.'

This is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: ambitious, shallow, selfish, unprincipled - and some people would like to see him as Prime Minister...?"

I get the impression that you don't like Boris then? Pity.

Given the fact that both the main political parties currently have weak leaders - I'm not including the LibDims, they don't count - can anyone name anyone in either party that has the right credentials to lead that party and become Prime Minister? Ignoring for a moment those who would be well qualified but haven't got the slightest interest in the job, my money would be on Boris or Jacob for the Tories. But what about Labour? The party desperately needs somebody of stature that's not beholden to Momentum or the Unite union to replace the terrorist's apologist Corbyn if they stand any chance of forming a government. Unfortunately I can't think of anyone - can you?

Oh well. I will enjoy reading your rants though. The anger and bitterness behind them always remind me of a quote from Shakespeare - 'full of sound and fury ... signifying nothing'

I guessed you'd jump on the bandwagon with that one Danny. Nothing new there then. "

anything for my lover xxx

XXX pic...
login to view

This is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: ambitious, shallow, selfish, unprincipled - and some people would like to see him as Prime Minister...?

Given the fact that both the main political parties currently have weak leaders - I'm not including the LibDims, they don't count - can anyone name anyone in either party that has the right credentials to lead that party and become Prime Minister? Ignoring for a moment those who would be well qualified but haven't got the slightest interest in the job, my money would be on Boris or Jacob for the Tories. But what about Labour? The party desperately needs somebody of stature that's not beholden to Momentum or the Unite union to replace the terrorist's apologist Corbyn if they stand any chance of forming a government. Unfortunately I can't think of anyone - can you?"

We don't have much of a selection if we were picking a pm at the present time. At this precise moment I think Corbyn would be the most harmful to the most people (and that will be ordinary working class people because politics dont really make much impression on the wealthy) and the best choice for the most people (although I never thought I would say this)is May.

I guessed you'd jump on the bandwagon with that one Danny. Nothing new there then. anything for my lover xxx"

Don't kid yourself!

I guessed you'd jump on the bandwagon with that one Danny. Nothing new there then. anything for my lover xxx

Don't kid yourself! "

well you are the only one that reply’s to my posts

So what am I supposed to think you obviously didn’t get the memo that’s going around don’t reply to any of _annyboy87 posts thought you would have got one plenty others have

Doesn’t bother me though lol

Given the fact that both the main political parties currently have weak leaders - I'm not including the LibDims, they don't count - can anyone name anyone in either party that has the right credentials to lead that party and become Prime Minister? Ignoring for a moment those who would be well qualified but haven't got the slightest interest in the job, my money would be on Boris or Jacob for the Tories. But what about Labour? The party desperately needs somebody of stature that's not beholden to Momentum or the Unite union to replace the terrorist's apologist Corbyn if they stand any chance of forming a government. Unfortunately I can't think of anyone - can you?

We don't have much of a selection if we were picking a pm at the present time. At this precise moment I think Corbyn would be the most harmful to the most people (and that will be ordinary working class people because politics dont really make much impression on the wealthy) and the best choice for the most people (although I never thought I would say this)is May. "

What is far more dangerous is that the demonising of Corbyn and sidelining of Johnson will lead to the new Blair in the shape of Khan stepping in - surely FAR more of a problem than the other two.

XXX pic...
login to view

We don't have much of a selection if we were picking a pm at the present time. At this precise moment I think Corbyn would be the most harmful to the most people (and that will be ordinary working class people because politics dont really make much impression on the wealthy) and the best choice for the most people (although I never thought I would say this)is May.

What is far more dangerous is that the demonising of Corbyn and sidelining of Johnson will lead to the new Blair in the shape of Khan stepping in - surely FAR more of a problem than the other two."

Sadly .. and I really do mean sadly .. there is nobody in the Labour Party who is fit to be leader or to be pm. The Labour Party is becoming as insignificant as the LibDems except to those who are clinging to an ideal of what they would like the Labour Party to be.

"

What is far more dangerous is that the demonising of Corbyn and sidelining of Johnson will lead to the new Blair in the shape of Khan stepping in - surely FAR more of a problem than the other two.

Sadly .. and I really do mean sadly .. there is nobody in the Labour Party who is fit to be leader or to be pm. The Labour Party is becoming as insignificant as the LibDems except to those who are clinging to an ideal of what they would like the Labour Party to be.

"

It seems that we no longer vote for what we like but rather vote against what we don't like. A lot of the problem is leadership as none of them stand out and either tend to be mediocre or eccentric.

Half the reason Corbyn ended up as leader was because his opponents were so lacklustre: andy Burnham ia a nice enough fellow but always looks as if he will burst into tears if and one says anything to him. Yvette Cooper was probably the best and most capable but lacked vision and has a zero personality.

Cannot see Khan being anything other than a failed mayor of London.

"

Yvette Cooper was probably the best and most capable but lacked vision and has a zero personality.

"

She also has the disability of engendering an awful vision of Ed Balls, sweating profusely, as his fat hairy arse pounds his fat hairy cock into her skinny hairy minge …………… sorry, I need a wank, now ….

"

Yvette Cooper was probably the best and most capable but lacked vision and has a zero personality.

She also has the disability of engendering an awful vision of Ed Balls, sweating profusely, as his fat hairy arse pounds his fat hairy cock into her skinny hairy minge …………… sorry, I need a wank, now …. "

After that little fantasy of yours, Mr C, I think that I am more likely to want to throw up or take some Prosac, rather than have a wank, until my mind recovers

"

She also has the disability of engendering an awful vision of Ed Balls, sweating profusely, as his fat hairy arse pounds his fat hairy cock into her skinny hairy minge …………… sorry, I need a wank, now …. After that little fantasy of yours, Mr C, I think that I am more likely to want to throw up or take some Prosac, rather than have a wank, until my mind recovers

"

Well as an alternative you could always dream of Jeremy giving Dianne Abbott a good seeing-to, especially as they were an 'item' at one time.

Or BJ and St T - now there's one to really put you off your food for days

Dear old Bovis ... the faulty toilet of british politics

If there’s one pairing that would put you off food forever it’s

Boris Johnson and mrs May

"If there’s one pairing that would put you off food forever it’s

Boris Johnson and mrs May "

I agree, though John Major and Edwina Curry take some beating

By *ajor mistake  (M) 9 weeks ago

na, I think its got to be Johnson and rees mog, dressed up as errant school boys and May has a 12" black strop on, roggering each in turn, as she makes them chant my way or the highway

What a loads of old pervs on here!

"

She also has the disability of engendering an awful vision of Ed Balls, sweating profusely, as his fat hairy arse pounds his fat hairy cock into her skinny hairy minge …………… sorry, I need a wank, now …. After that little fantasy of yours, Mr C, I think that I am more likely to want to throw up or take some Prosac, rather than have a wank, until my mind recovers

Well as an alternative you could always dream of Jeremy giving Dianne Abbott a good seeing-to, especially as they were an 'item' at one time. "

I bet you anything you like …. he kept his fuckin' socks on!!! ………

" na, I think its got to be Johnson and rees mog, dressed up as errant school boys and May has a 12" black strop on, roggering each in turn, as she makes them chant my way or the highway "

Bloody Hell!!!! …. need another wank!

"What a loads of old pervs on here! "

can we have less of old please

By *aravaggio  (M) 8 weeks ago

A footnote to the thread …….. a week or so later, and its all blown over. He chucked in a comment, the media went berserk, and Boris is now firmly in people's minds again …….. nice one BJ! ..

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

"

Cannot see Khan being anything other than a failed mayor of London."

Unfortunately he is the darling of the Evening Standard who even had him as their 'Man of the Year'.. and though I believe he will be as devastating a failure as PM as he is London mayor our media driven society seems to have him down as the "ideal" candidate.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

"

Unfortunately he is the darling of the Evening Standard who even had him as their 'Man of the Year'.. and though I believe he will be as devastating a failure as PM as he is London mayor our media driven society seems to have him down as the "ideal" candidate."

he does have quite a following in london as mayor although I fail to see why and he is extremely unpopular with anyone struggling to run small businesses within the greater london area as he is forcing them into bankrupcy with his monety raising policies.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 8 weeks ago

"

Unfortunately he is the darling of the Evening Standard who even had him as their 'Man of the Year'.. and though I believe he will be as devastating a failure as PM as he is London mayor our media driven society seems to have him down as the "ideal" candidate."

Labour do seem to be a bit short of ideal candidates to replace Corbyn when he eventually retires [he is 69 for heavens sake and can't go on forever] but I cannot see them choosing Khan. He may well be popular in London [can't think why as he hasn't achieved much] but I doubt he has much appeal with the rest of the country. He's not exactly charismatic or a very good speaker.

By *nubis51  (M) 8 weeks ago

"

The Evening Standard is hardly a paper to take much notice of, especially when you consider who the Editor is!

XXX pic...
login to view

"

Unfortunately he is the darling of the Evening Standard who even had him as their 'Man of the Year'.. and though I believe he will be as devastating a failure as PM as he is London mayor our media driven society seems to have him down as the "ideal" candidate.

The Evening Standard is hardly a paper to take much notice of, especially when you consider who the Editor is!"

Keir Starmer or Hilary Benn would make a good leader

"Keir Starmer or Hilary Benn would make a good leader"

The parliamentary Labour party would probably agree with you but I doubt if the Unions or grass roots would.

It's the lack of anybody else credible or without substance that makes me think so - Blair got in on the suits he wears over the policies he espoused (well that and his ability to lie well).

The electorate seem easily conned by the media and it will all end up being down to who their darlings are come the time.

XXX pic...
login to view

"It's the lack of anybody else credible or without substance that makes me think so - Blair got in on the suits he wears over the policies he espoused (well that and his ability to lie well).

The electorate seem easily conned by the media and it will all end up being down to who their darlings are come the time."

It is a catastrophe for the country and I wish I could say you were wrong but .. you are spot on. These days it is the media and social media dictating everything. The media wanting to deliberately decieve and the social media comprised of blinkered lambs going to the slaughter.

What chance of an intelligent and informed choice being made on almost anything political.

By *eeksYounger  (M) 8 weeks ago

"It's the lack of anybody else credible or without substance that makes me think so - Blair got in on the suits he wears over the policies he espoused (well that and his ability to lie well).

The electorate seem easily conned by the media and it will all end up being down to who their darlings are come the time."

Who told Parliament that there wasn't a list of over 70 mines to be closed? Was that the same liar who said VAT wouldn't be doubled?

XXX pic...
login to view

The electorate seem easily conned by the media and it will all end up being down to who their darlings are come the time.

Who told Parliament that there wasn't a list of over 70 mines to be closed? Was that the same liar who said VAT wouldn't be doubled?"

I dont know the answer to either of those questions but I would guiess it applies to numerous ministers and officials. I have spent a lot of time within the mining community (although never a miner) and picketed with genuine pickets (not Scargills mercenary hit squads)during the strikes.

The demise of the mines began due to the railways being modernised and going over to diesel and electricity. Harold Wilson began the closing down of mines but due to no fault of his own as it was just an evolving of power requirements at the time. This continued under Heath.

Then came the strikes, disputes and blackouts during the 70s again under Wilson but I'm not sure what he could do against the militant unions.

during the 80s we had the batttle for power between Scragill and Thatcher when the mines and miners were used as cannon fodder to fight the battle. The most publicised era but not the era of the most mines closing.

During the 90s Major and Blair also had the problems of mines being unprofitable as cheap coal came in from Russia and Poland.

Like so many incidents in our history it is used by the uneducated or naive as a politcal club .. look at that bastard Guy Fawkes who has benen hailed a hero .. says it all!!!

"Who told Parliament that there wasn't a list of over 70 mines to be closed? Was that the same liar who said VAT wouldn't be doubled?"

I find it amazing that there are still people banging on about the mines being closed all those years ago, do you seriously think that any of them would still be open today, given the attitude towards the use of fossil fuels?

As for VAT, in the United Kingdom Value-added Tax was introduced in 1973 and is the third-largest source of government revenue, after income tax and National Insurance. The EU has it's claws into the way it's administered too, but it's obviously an important factor in the way the government raises revenue. Unfortunately there will always be a section of society that has the 'Government will pay for it' attitude, without giving any thought as to how the government actually raises that money. 'Buy now, pay later' might work for credit cards but at a government level it just adds to the overall deficit, and to a degree the same applies to Council Tax - if you want the services you've got to pay for them.

She lied!

XXX pic...
login to view

"Who told Parliament that there wasn't a list of over 70 mines to be closed? Was that the same liar who said VAT wouldn't be doubled?

I find it amazing that there are still people banging on about the mines being closed all those years ago, do you seriously think that any of them would still be open today, given the attitude towards the use of fossil fuels?

As for VAT, in the United Kingdom Value-added Tax was introduced in 1973 and is the third-largest source of government revenue, after income tax and National Insurance. The EU has it's claws into the way it's administered too, but it's obviously an important factor in the way the government raises revenue. Unfortunately there will always be a section of society that has the 'Government will pay for it' attitude, without giving any thought as to how the government actually raises that money. 'Buy now, pay later' might work for credit cards but at a government level it just adds to the overall deficit, and to a degree the same applies to Council Tax - if you want the services you've got to pay for them."

"She lied! "

If that's a veiled attack on Margaret Thatcher you should realise that most politicians are 'economical with the truth' when the need arises. Tony Blair was a master of the art!

"She lied! "

Who's she? the cat's mother?

She was a nasty little asshole! Not a Donkey though.

By *annyboy87  (M) 8 weeks ago

"She was a nasty little asshole! Not a Donkey though."

to what I’ve been told thatcher was an lying arsehole

But also been told thatcher was a lot stronger than what we have now

"She was a nasty little asshole! Not a Donkey though."

A typical biased left wing view and resort to rather juvenile insults.

By *annyboy87  (M) 8 weeks ago

"She was a nasty little asshole! Not a Donkey though.

A typical biased left wing view and resort to rather juvenile insults."

only same as you bashing corbyn or Blair what is so different

That’s what I can’t get with some on here some seem to think it’s ok to bash labour,corbyn or Blair but bash conservatives and they attack

DOUBLE STANDARDS that’s what it is

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 8 weeks ago

Double standard? If similar comments are made about anyone from the left or Labour they pass unchallenged or are applauded! Viz just about any time Corbyn or Diane Abbott are mentioned.

By *aravaggio  (M) 8 weeks ago

"Keir Starmer or Hilary Benn would make a good leader"

Keir Starmer?? Haven't you noticed that since he became Labour's Brexit spokesperson, Tony Hadley has jacked it in with Spandau Ballet?

Sad and pathetic comment!

Sad and pathetic comment!"

Talking about yourself again?

Double standard? If similar comments are made about anyone from the left or Labour they pass unchallenged or are applauded! Viz just about any time Corbyn or Diane Abbott are mentioned."

Yes I make derogatory remarks about your hero and heroine but when I do I don't resort to the language of the playground