New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login359641 members (123 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Increased pressure on May

See newest message in thread

Increased pressure on May

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 2 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

It is reported that 50 Tory MPs have discussed a challenge to May's leadership after the Tory conference. Does this herald her end and the prospect of someone like BJ being Prime Minister soon?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

"It is reported that 50 Tory MPs have discussed a challenge to May's leadership after the Tory conference. Does this herald her end and the prospect of someone like BJ being Prime Minister soon?"

You never can tell. I think the political scene is much more unpredictible now that ever before. I think Mrs May is the best person for the job from the choices we have and I dont see how anyone else could have done a much better job since her election but who knows! There may be some brilliant minds/leaders lurking away from the limelight who could fill the roll .. it's just the high profile ones I wouldn't want to see take charge.

I wouldn't want to see Johnson as PM

The Labour party is more fortunate and has several potential leaders who would be much better than Corbyn/Momentum coalition which is why it is frustrating seeing them go the direction they are.

I already know that people don't like Corbyn - Cobyn-bashing has already been done to death on other long-running threads dedicated to that subject. I am more interested here in people's views on the apparent chaos in the Tory party, which could have major consequences for the entire country.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

There's a lot of sabre rattling going on but I think most Tories believe the best way forward is to let Mrs May take Britain out of Europe and then refresh with a new leader without any baggage.

The supporters of Mr Johnson don't like that idea as Boris has already accumulated too much baggage to fit the bill. They think the only chance of Boris getting into number ten is now hence the chaos.

The problem he has is not enough people support him and he's gone on a shit or bust approach as a last ditch attempt.

There are candidates who want to be PM and think they could do it but they don't want it before March.

I think that will keep Mrs May in until at least then.

The EU has finally come round to the idea that the best option for them is Mrs May.

Interesting times!

XXX pic...
login to view

I was pointing out that Labour has a few good contenders who would do a good job in leading the party whereas I dont think the Conservatives have such obvious choices. I also pointed out I wouldn't want to see Johnson in power. Any leadership challenge/change could have major consequences for the country which could be beneficial in the Labour party with their choices but detrimental to the Conservative party who have nobody who would be an improvement on May.

Brexit was always going to bring chaos to the incumbent party so no surprises there (a divided country and a divided party) and although the Brexit divide affects other parties those in the wings don't have to do much!

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

The old adage about turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind with these 50 sabre rattling MPs. Are they really after a change of leader or are they just trying to frighten Mrs May into a rethink over the Chequers Agreement. A leadership challenge would not necessarily topple her but would seriously undermine her position both in parliament and before the electorate and could pave the way for the unthinkable: a Corbyn/Momentum government.

The result of the EU referendum was wafer thin so a sensible compromise 'divorce' is needed to try and reconcile both sides. Leaving without a deal is feasible but a leap in the dark.

By *annyboy87  (M) 2 weeks ago

Can I have permission to say anything lol

"Can I have permission to say anything lol"

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

I thought the democratic vote to leave had been decided regardless of what the remoaners want. They seem to know of all the disasters that await us when we DO leave, I wonder how?.

"I thought the democratic vote to leave had been decided regardless of what the remoaners want. They seem to know of all the disasters that await us when we DO leave, I wonder how?."

That has nothing to do with this thread, but probably in the say way as the Breleavers seem to know of our wonderful future after Brexit - pure guesswork.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 2 weeks ago

There's your first mistake "democratic vote". Democracy is in reality a sham to achieve control of the populace by allowing them the delusion they're in control. In reality the world is run by the likes of the Bilderberg Group, Bohemian Grove, a handful of billionaires.

In America they've broken cover and are openly ravaging America for their own ends under their nominated puppet Trump. When the heat gets too high they'll sacrifice him in an instant to appease the mob, but none of the legislation he's enacted on their behalf will be undone

Historically in Europe we're better educated and more politically aware so the processrs dedemocratisation are much slower, part of it is the rise of the extreme right, anti-Semitism, hostility towards minority groups, destruction of workers rights, so people become afraid for their jobs, then they become passive and docile.

We also see the promotion of instant get rich quick scheme, sports, gambling, etc. You're made to feel a failure of you don't have the millionaire lifestyle crammed down your throat dailyby the media.

Drugs are also allowed to thrive so those at the bottom are too far gone to notice. It's only ever going to get worse.

The reality of Brexit is that little would change for anyone. Just politicians working out new ways to steal money, get jobs for life with gold plated pensions.

The only answer is a revolution, but we're too weak, too disparate, and too apathetic to do anything.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I thought the democratic vote to leave had been decided regardless of what the remoaners want. They seem to know of all the disasters that await us when we DO leave, I wonder how?."

if a politician believes that remaining is the best option for the country it is his duty and responsibility to fight for that option until there is no fight left.

If a politicain believes that leaving is the best option then he should carry on fighting to leave until it is all over.

No politican should ever give up just to appease others.

XXX pic...
login to view

"There's a lot of sabre rattling going on but I think most Tories believe the best way forward is to let Mrs May take Britain out of Europe and then refresh with a new leader without any baggage.

The supporters of Mr Johnson don't like that idea as Boris has already accumulated too much baggage to fit the bill. They think the only chance of Boris getting into number ten is now hence the chaos.

The problem he has is not enough people support him and he's gone on a shit or bust approach as a last ditch attempt.

There are candidates who want to be PM and think they could do it but they don't want it before March.

I think that will keep Mrs May in until at least then.

The EU has finally come round to the idea that the best option for them is Mrs May.

Interesting times!"

Thats fairly much my thoughts too.

By *lexS  (M) 2 weeks ago

I voted Remain, but I feel strongly that Theresa May should go to be replaced by someone who genuinely believes in Brexit and has a properly thought out plan on how to implement it.

Without looking to see what the left-wingers and swing-wingers have said on here in the last few hours, I have just heard that Jacob Rees-Mogg---love him or hate him he is the nearest you are ever going to get to an honest and gentlemanly politician---who chaired the meeting of the 50 MPs, has categorically denied there are any plans to topple Mrs May. Also Ian Duncan Smith---not my favourite politician by a long way---spoke on the radio and also vehemently denied any proposed leadership coup. This group are all staunch Brexiteers and they want a better deal. Fair enough if that is how they feel. The trouble is a deal has to be agreed on all sides and Mrs May is struggling to get the bureaucrats in Brussels to agree to her existing plan. Even if they do it has still got to be approved by that house of hot air known as the European Parliament, and through both houses of the UK Parliament.

Just because those two right-wingers have denied that there is any plan to challenge May doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

"Just because those two right-wingers have denied that there is any plan to challenge May doesn't mean it doesn't exist."

Well you would know with your connections with the higher echelons of the Conservative Party.

"I voted Remain, but I feel strongly that Theresa May should go to be replaced by someone who genuinely believes in Brexit and has a properly thought out plan on how to implement it."

Never a more true statement has ever been made

Very very well put

"Just because those two right-wingers have denied that there is any plan to challenge May doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Well you would know with your connections with the higher echelons of the Conservative Party."

sign of going mad when you speak about yourself

"Just because those two right-wingers have denied that there is any plan to challenge May doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Well you would know with your connections with the higher echelons of the Conservative Party."

I fortunately don't have them among my acquaintance - I can't imagine the higher echelons of that party being a very savoury bunch. But I'm guessing you have checked things out with them and therefore believe their claims.

Well you would know with your connections with the higher echelons of the Conservative Party.sign of going mad when you speak about yourself "

That's rich coming from you.

Well you would know with your connections with the higher echelons of the Conservative Party.

I fortunately don't have them among my acquaintance - I can't imagine the higher echelons of that party being a very savoury bunch. But I'm guessing you have checked things out with them and therefore believe their claims. "

Let's put it this way I have met Jacob Rees-Mogg on a number of occasions and found him very sincere as well as highly intelligent. I don't have a lot of time for IDS [oddly enough met him long before he became a politician] but he was quite vehement in his denial. Plus it was his spoken word and not some cherry-picket out of context comment by some awful BBC reporter like that dreadful Kuensberg woman.

You expect us to believe what Corbyn says so I'm afraid you will have to accept what other politicians say.

Well you would know with your connections with the higher echelons of the Conservative Party.sign of going mad when you speak about yourself

That's rich coming from you. "

pmsl must be your age lol

You make some quite good points but often spoil them by mud-slinging and false assumptions. The BBC is not my usual source and I have never said that I expect people to believe what Corbyn has said. Sadly the acerbity of your personal comments rather negates some of the reasonable points you make.

"You make some quite good points but often spoil them by mud-slinging and false assumptions. The BBC is not my usual source and I have never said that I expect people to believe what Corbyn has said. Sadly the acerbity of your personal comments rather negates some of the reasonable points you make."

you noticed that too lol

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

"I thought the democratic vote to leave had been decided regardless of what the remoaners want. They seem to know of all the disasters that await us when we DO leave, I wonder how?.

if a politician believes that remaining is the best option for the country it is his duty and responsibility to fight for that option until there is no fight left.

If a politicain believes that leaving is the best option then he should carry on fighting to leave until it is all over.

No politican should ever give up just to appease others. "

This may be true, but that is the problem with our politics. An MP represents a constituency. They should take note of how their constituency voted, and represent that view.

"You make some quite good points but often spoil them by mud-slinging and false assumptions. The BBC is not my usual source and I have never said that I expect people to believe what Corbyn has said. Sadly the acerbity of your personal comments rather negates some of the reasonable points you make."

I wasn't aware of mud slinging. and if I do I am not as good at it as your good self

"I thought the democratic vote to leave had been decided regardless of what the remoaners want. They seem to know of all the disasters that await us when we DO leave, I wonder how?.

No politican should ever give up just to appease others.

This may be true, but that is the problem with our politics. An MP represents a constituency. They should take note of how their constituency voted, and represent that view."

very well said mr scouse after all mps are sopposed to be for the public

"You make some quite good points but often spoil them by mud-slinging and false assumptions. The BBC is not my usual source and I have never said that I expect people to believe what Corbyn has said. Sadly the acerbity of your personal comments rather negates some of the reasonable points you make.

I wasn't aware of mud slinging. and if I do I am not as good at it as your good self"

'... some cherry-picket out of context comment by some awful BBC reporter like that dreadful Kuensberg woman.

You expect us to believe what Corbyn says ....'

That is an example of what I would call mud-slinging and false assumption. You obviously see it as something else. Chacun a son gout

By *nubis51   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

Well you would know with your connections with the higher echelons of the Conservative Party.sign of going mad when you speak about yourself "

Hmm....dear pot, love kettle comes to mind!

That has nothing to do with this thread, but probably in the say way as the Breleavers seem to know of our wonderful future after Brexit - pure guesswork."

Guesswork??? You mean like the sort of 'Project Fear' rubbish that the Remainiacs have been dishing out ever since the referendum result was announced? Somebody most have cornered the market in crystal balls when they all crawled out from under their stones! I must have a look to see if I can get one on Ebay.

Well you would know with your connections with the higher echelons of the Conservative Party.sign of going mad when you speak about yourself

Hmm....dear pot, love kettle comes to mind! "

thanks mr _nubis51 you have just won me some money with your comment

Many thanks. KFC on you tonight

I had a bet you would say something like pot calling kettle read you like a book lol

That has nothing to do with this thread, but probably in the say way as the Breleavers seem to know of our wonderful future after Brexit - pure guesswork.

Guesswork??? You mean like the sort of 'Project Fear' rubbish that the Remainiacs have been dishing out ever since the referendum result was announced? Somebody most have cornered the market in crystal balls when they all crawled out from under their stones! I must have a look to see if I can get one on Ebay. "

I'm sure one of the Brelievers will give you one for free as they have been using it to predict our wonderful future post-Brexit. Or maybe they have all given out from over-use.

I hope you've got enough for a Bargain Bucket then, it might keep you away from the keyboard for a while while you're eating it all!

Hmm....dear pot, love kettle comes to mind! thanks mr _nubis51 you have just won me some money with your comment

I had a bet you would say something like pot calling kettle read you like a book lol "

He is really very fond of you, Danny. Get him to take you out for dinner - I'm sure it'll be a classy joint

"I hope you've got enough for a Bargain Bucket then, it might keep you away from the keyboard for a while while you're eating it all! "

I’m no keyboard warrior unlike some on here , I’ve decided to have Indain instead know you don’t like indian mate lol

Hmm....dear pot, love kettle comes to mind! thanks mr _nubis51 you have just won me some money with your comment

I had a bet you would say something like pot calling kettle read you like a book lol

He is really very fond of you, Danny. Get him to take you out for dinner - I'm sure it'll be a classy joint "

so noticed that too

I noticed that few weeks ago but had face on when I called him loverboy must be meant to be a secret crush got abit embarrassed when got outed

Probably wouldn’t be that classy knowing him but I’m back down his end this weekend visiting my gran

Well, maybe you'll have the pleasure of meeting him - he hangs on your every word and is concerned that you should get a good meal in you

"Well, maybe you'll have the pleasure of meeting him - he hangs on your every word and is concerned that you should get a good meal in you "

he knows he can message me

Be careful what you wish for

"I'm sure one of the Brelievers will give you one for free as they have been using it to predict our wonderful future post-Brexit. Or maybe they have all given out from over-use."

Let's get one thing clear. I was never influenced by any of the crap that was dished out by both sides on the run-up to the Referendum, in fact I took no notice of it. I have always believed that we should have left the EU years ago, once they started getting their claws into the way we ran our legal system, introducing their interminable 'Directives' and all the other dictatorial crap that this country more than any other EU country welcomed and applied with open arms. As far as I'm concerned there should be three 'Red Lines' that mustn't be crossed under any circumstances: The end of Free Movement; the end of the interference from the European Courts of Justice and, most importantly, the end to the billions we pay to belong to that corrupt, unaccountable organization.

Once that's been brought to a satisfactory conclusion the next thing to be sorted out is the Foreign Aid bill. Once the NHS is fully funded, old people don't have to decide between eating or heating their homes and there are no homeless people sleeping in shop doorways, then - and only then - can we start worrying about tin-pot third world countries.

"He is really very fond of you, Danny. Get him to take you out for dinner - I'm sure it'll be a classy joint "

Pfffft!

Sadly that day will never come. We will never be rich enough to fund the NHS effectively and there is no appetite at present to help the homeless. Brexit will not solve those problems.

" I’m no keyboard warrior unlike some on here "

No keyboard warrior????? You're never away from the bloody thing!

"Sadly that day will never come. We will never be rich enough to fund the NHS effectively and there is no appetite at present to help the homeless. Brexit will not solve those problems."

correct there whether we left or stayed

Or what ever party is in power to be fair

"Sadly that day will never come. We will never be rich enough to fund the NHS effectively and there is no appetite at present to help the homeless. Brexit will not solve those problems."

Regrettably I have to agree with you about the NHS. As for the homeless, you're probably right there as well, but that subject would make for an interesting discussion on here!

" I’m no keyboard warrior unlike some on here

No keyboard warrior????? You're never away from the bloody thing! "

I’ve got something that you might not know to much about at your age

It’s called an mobile phone so I can take it anywhere I go go on it anywhere I go so if at work can have five minutes on it ,the next thing might be a strange thing for you to understand when I’m out with friends I can use it

I’ve got an life like many have on here but one or two having I don’t sit behind an keyboard looking for every word dannyboy posts like yourself so have a good evening because I will

Unfortunately I think a thread on the homeless would make very depressing reading. It's off topic here but I will say that I see people walk past the increasing number of homeless people here every day and in my work with them they invariable say how frustrating it is to be invisible and have very minimal support. And they are constantly being moved on by the police who ignore anti-social behaviour in the close vicinity. But that is really for another thread.

"Sadly that day will never come. We will never be rich enough to fund the NHS effectively and there is no appetite at present to help the homeless. Brexit will not solve those problems.

Regrettably I have to agree with you about the NHS. As for the homeless, you're probably right there as well, but that subject would make for an interesting discussion on here!"

so make a thread on it then then you won’t have to obsess over me

"You make some quite good points but often spoil them by mud-slinging and false assumptions. The BBC is not my usual source and I have never said that I expect people to believe what Corbyn has said. Sadly the acerbity of your personal comments rather negates some of the reasonable points you make.

I wasn't aware of mud slinging. and if I do I am not as good at it as your good self

'... some cherry-picket out of context comment by some awful BBC reporter like that dreadful Kuensberg woman.

That is an example of what I would call mud-slinging and false assumption. You obviously see it as something else. Chacun a son gout "

Quite so. To each their own view of things. I would hardly call what I have said was mud-slinging. The media does cherry pick what people say on all sides of the divide. I dislike Lara Kuensberg not just for her cacophonous voice, which she can't help, but for the rather rude and sneering way in which she interviews people. She is also very self-opinionated which is not really her job to be.

It seems to me that everything I say is wrong whereas you and your sidekick always make perfect statements.

That is an example of what I would call mud-slinging and false assumption. You obviously see it as something else. Chacun a son gout

Quite so. To each their own view of things. I would hardly call what I have said was mud-slinging. The media does cherry pick what people say on all sides of the divide. I dislike Lara Kuensberg not just for her cacophonous voice, which she can't help, but for the rather rude and sneering way in which she interviews people. She is also very self-opinionated which is not really her job to be.

It seems to me that everything I say is wrong whereas you and your sidekick always make perfect statements."

Oh, and you're dead right about Ms.Kuensberg, she's supposed to report the news, not give her opinions about it. Horrid creature!

"Sadly that day will never come. We will never be rich enough to fund the NHS effectively and there is no appetite at present to help the homeless. Brexit will not solve those problems.

Regrettably I have to agree with you about the NHS. As for the homeless, you're probably right there as well, but that subject would make for an interesting discussion on here! so make a thread on it then then you won’t have to obsess over me "

Oh just shut up. The only person obsessed about you is you!

XXX pic...
login to view

"You make some quite good points but often spoil them by mud-slinging and false assumptions. The BBC is not my usual source and I have never said that I expect people to believe what Corbyn has said. Sadly the acerbity of your personal comments rather negates some of the reasonable points you make. you noticed that too lol"

LOLOL o come on don’t pretend you understood that haha!

"You make some quite good points but often spoil them by mud-slinging and false assumptions. The BBC is not my usual source and I have never said that I expect people to believe what Corbyn has said. Sadly the acerbity of your personal comments rather negates some of the reasonable points you make. you noticed that too lol

LOLOL o come on don’t pretend you understood that haha! "

oh well here you go yet again questioning someone’s intelligence again

Yet claim it doesn’t happen lol

It seems to me that everything I say is wrong whereas you and your sidekick always make perfect statements.

Oh, and you're dead right about Ms.Kuensberg, she's supposed to report the news, not give her opinions about it. Horrid creature!"

what’s up bet her opinions are negative towards Conservative party that be main reason

But she should just report the news and keep her opinions to herself whilst on camera u r correct there

XXX pic...
login to view

"You make some quite good points but often spoil them by mud-slinging and false assumptions. The BBC is not my usual source and I have never said that I expect people to believe what Corbyn has said. Sadly the acerbity of your personal comments rather negates some of the reasonable points you make. you noticed that too lol

LOLOL o come on don’t pretend you understood that haha! oh well here you go yet again questioning someone’s intelligence again

Yet claim it doesn’t happen lol "

I certainly didn’t claim it doesn’t happen. Of seen men on here complimented on intelligent posts just as others are criticised for stupid posts. It takes all sorts to appear on the Danny show.

It’s quite nice to have threads on a different subject too.

" what’s up bet her opinions are negative towards Conservative party that be main reason

"

Well you've lost your bet, so no KFC or Indian for you tonight!

The dreadful woman's negativity is almost entirely aimed at the Brexit process and she never misses the opportunity to make it clear in her broadcasts. I gather the silly cow even has her own Blog, so no doubt she uses that to further her own opinions as well.

" what’s up bet her opinions are negative towards Conservative party that be main reason

Well you've lost your bet, so no KFC or Indian for you tonight!

The dreadful woman's negativity is almost entirely aimed at the Brexit process and she never misses the opportunity to make it clear in her broadcasts. I gather the silly cow even has her own Blog, so no doubt she uses that to further her own opinions as well. "

I’m afraid I didn’t put money on that one and did have Indain last night many thanks mate

Not only that that post was only banter where’s your sense of humour lol

Ah, another one that posts crap comments then dismisses them as 'banter' when they get called out!

"Ah, another one that posts crap comments then dismisses them as 'banter' when they get called out! "

kettle pot are words that spring to mind

I do apologise for using your very own words

XXX pic...
login to view

Business groups have welcomed the governments 98 page Brexit White Paper.

It’s unclear whether the EU or the Conservative party as a whole will support the positions of the paper, the Confederation of British Industry has welcomed its focus on protecting jobs and investment strategy as a significant step forward.

Mrs May is still the countries best hope.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Business groups have welcomed the governments 98 page Brexit White Paper.

It’s unclear whether the EU or the Conservative party as a whole will support the positions of the paper, the Confederation of British Industry has welcomed its focus on protecting jobs and investment strategy as a significant step forward.

Mrs May is still the countries best hope. "

Unfortunately with Mrs May, I think we're clutching at straws and she's the best one available at the moment. When the dust settles, I think she'll call it a day.

"Ah, another one that posts crap comments then dismisses them as 'banter' when they get called out! kettle pot are words that spring to mind

I do apologise for using your very own words "

I think you'll find that I've never used the word 'banter' to try an excuse anything I've said on here, so once again it's just another figment of your imagination, much as was that nonsense about you meeting somebody from Fabguys that reckons he knows me. I've never met anyone off that site, so you're way off the mark with that one.

Some of us are getting mightily sick of your constant nonsense on here which, thanks to your paranoia, regularly spoils many good topics of discussion. The sensible option is for us to ignore you because, as another member has said, we run the risk of getting suspended from here if we take you to task. Some people have given you well-meant advice in the past about the way you behave but despite moderating your obsessive behaviour you just can't help having those little digs about the past in practically everything you post. Everybody has differing opinions on politics and world events, but you seem to thrive on being deliberately provocative then complain about being bullied when somebody criticises you for it!

This forum would be a better place without all the constant bickering so for everyone's benefit I'll draw a line under the whole sorry business and say no more on the matter. If it makes you happy, feel free to have the last word, but from my point of view I'm done with you.

"Ah, another one that posts crap comments then dismisses them as 'banter' when they get called out! kettle pot are words that spring to mind

I think you'll find that I've never used the word 'banter' to try an excuse anything I've said on here, so once again it's just another figment of your imagination, much as was that nonsense about you meeting somebody from Fabguys that reckons he knows me. I've never met anyone off that site, so you're way off the mark with that one.

Some of us are getting mightily sick of your constant nonsense on here which, thanks to your paranoia, regularly spoils many good topics of discussion. The sensible option is for us to ignore you because, as another member has said, we run the risk of getting suspended from here if we take you to task. Some people have given you well-meant advice in the past about the way you behave but despite moderating your obsessive behaviour you just can't help having those little digs about the past in practically everything you post. Everybody has differing opinions on politics and world events, but you seem to thrive on being deliberately provocative then complain about being bullied when somebody criticises you for it!

This forum would be a better place without all the constant bickering so for everyone's benefit I'll draw a line under the whole sorry business and say no more on the matter. If it makes you happy, feel free to have the last word, but from my point of view I'm done with you."

so you really done with me thank the lord prays do get answered

This forum would be a better place without all the constant bickering so for everyone's benefit I'll draw a line under the whole sorry business and say no more on the matter. If it makes you happy, feel free to have the last word, but from my point of view I'm done with you."

once again you are wrong yes you have not used the word banter

I was on about pot calling kettle and you very well know that

I’m really happy you are done with me as that means you leave alone

If read through threads you will see in black and white that biggest percentage of so called crap from me is in answer to someone having ago .

Yes it would be a better place without bickering so I play my part and ignore the people that like to set it off

And I’m not saying I’m innocent but you all know it’s been two traffic you only have to read through old threads to see that but from this minute it be one way as I’ll be bigger man and ignore it

XXX pic...
login to view

Unfortunately with Mrs May, I think we're clutching at straws and she's the best one available at the moment. When the dust settles, I think she'll call it a day."

Yes I think you are right.

XXX pic...
login to view

Unfortunately with Mrs May, I think we're clutching at straws and she's the best one available at the moment. When the dust settles, I think she'll call it a day."

Yes I think you are right.

By *aravaggio  (M) 2 weeks ago

I honestly feel that with her at the helm, the dust will not settle …. she appears to find ever new ways of kicking it up again. Too often to be accidental, if you ask me.

"I honestly feel that with her at the helm, the dust will not settle …. she appears to find ever new ways of kicking it up again. Too often to be accidental, if you ask me."

even though I agree with you what if she’s not learned her lesson from election year and has bad advisers around her

Or she just could be getting sabbataged

But who makes the final decision is it mrs may ?

If the answer is yes then surely only got her self to blame hasn’t she?

By *aravaggio  (M) 2 weeks ago

This where democracy scratches it's head. Who is making the decisions, the person or party you voted for, or non-elected special advisors and civil servants. ….. I know where my money would be placed ..

XXX pic...
login to view

In many ways the Brexit referendum has shown that democracy doesn’t always work.

The democratic vote split the country (and parties and communities) in half and has turned out even worse than no democratic vote.

What we really needed was a good dictator.

Interesting mr tw

But who would be ideal dictator?

By *areback Bitch Amanda   profile verified by photo (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

"Interesting mr tw

But who would be ideal dictator?"

They had better be discovered quickly (maybe a 'Dictator' talent Show may untap that budding Oswald Moseley out there) lest Merkel's United States of Germany/Fourth Reich will tighten it's grip on Europe.

Add a new message to this topic