New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login363027 members (125 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > London homicides going up or down?

See newest message in thread

London homicides going up or down?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

I'm as guilty as others in repeating that there are more killing in London than I can ever remember. Maybe it's due to the way it is all reported now but statistically the homicide (murder, manslaughter and infancide) are not going through the roof even when those murdered by terrorists are included in the statistics.

Looking back 2006, 2007 and 2008 were the horrific years.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aravaggio  (M) 10 weeks ago

London is a big place. So per head, are there more in London than say Leicester? I dunno, just asking.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

London, perhaps because of it's sheer size and population, has always had a high crime rate and a high homicide rate. It could be that these deaths get reported more frequently but gun and knife crime is on the increase. It seems to be a cult thing and is going to be difficult to eliminate.

By *annyboy87  (M) 10 weeks ago

"I'm as guilty as others in repeating that there are more killing in London than I can ever remember. Maybe it's due to the way it is all reported now but statistically the homicide (murder, manslaughter and infancide) are not going through the roof even when those murdered by terrorists are included in the statistics.

Looking back 2006, 2007 and 2008 were the horrific years."

yes London is going to high statistic in Britain has its biggest city

And 2000s was the time when we had a big influx of immigrants invade our country all with different laws back home so crime and murder rates did rise alarmingly fast

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 10 weeks ago

Whilst I think homicides are going up, by % they are going down. As I say in all these discussion you have to know what figures people are quoting. Depending on how you say it they are both going up and down. By % populations I think its somewhere in Scotland that was the "murder capital" as it had 4 or 5 but only has a small population. Manchester is worse than London by % but as usual London gets all the attention.

"Whilst I think homicides are going up, by % they are going down. As I say in all these discussion you have to know what figures people are quoting. Depending on how you say it they are both going up and down. By % populations I think its somewhere in Scotland that was the "murder capital" as it had 4 or 5 but only has a small population. Manchester is worse than London by % but as usual London gets all the attention."

that’s because the south hates the north

Danny, being a northerner myself, albeit domiciled in the soft south for many years, I would suggest that its the northerners who have a massive chip on their shoulder about the southerners. I've found that southerners do not hate northerners …… they tend to pity them, but they don't hate them ..

"Danny, being a northerner myself, albeit domiciled in the soft south for many years, I would suggest that its the northerners who have a massive chip on their shoulder about the southerners. I've found that southerners do not hate northerners …… they tend to pity them, but they don't hate them .. "

. When ever I’ve been down south for some time I’ve found it to be different not saying you are wrong it probably depends on where you go or people that you talk to

But agree that northerners May have chip on shoulder as the south seems to get everything and north gets forgotten

That’s what I hear out there I’m sure that can’t be the case

Or is it does anyone know?

The problem for many northerners is that they confuse London with the rest of the south. London is not indicative of the south, its almost a country within a country. An average salary in Portsmouth or Southampton is very similar to that of Sheffield or Leeds. However, what a lot of northerners tend to forget, is that we down south are "infected" by London. A house costing £350k in Sheffield is likely to be in the region of £550K in Southampton. Nearly new cars are definitely cheaper in the north. So, there we have two of the large spend items where it is definitely advantageous to be a northerner. The very small difference in earnings, is more than compensated by living costs.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 10 weeks ago

"The problem for many northerners is that they confuse London with the rest of the south. London is not indicative of the south, its almost a country within a country. An average salary in Portsmouth or Southampton is very similar to that of Sheffield or Leeds. However, what a lot of northerners tend to forget, is that we down south are "infected" by London. A house costing £350k in Sheffield is likely to be in the region of £550K in Southampton. Nearly new cars are definitely cheaper in the north. So, there we have two of the large spend items where it is definitely advantageous to be a northerner. The very small difference in earnings, is more than compensated by living costs. "

Exactly. I was about to post the same almost word for word.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

Been 93 murders in London since January.

"The problem for many northerners is that they confuse London with the rest of the south. London is not indicative of the south, its almost a country within a country. An average salary in Portsmouth or Southampton is very similar to that of Sheffield or Leeds. However, what a lot of northerners tend to forget, is that we down south are "infected" by London. A house costing £350k in Sheffield is likely to be in the region of £550K in Southampton. Nearly new cars are definitely cheaper in the north. So, there we have two of the large spend items where it is definitely advantageous to be a northerner. The very small difference in earnings, is more than compensated by living costs. "

well thanks mr c and mr tw definitely staying up north

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

" well thanks mr c and mr tw definitely staying up north "

….but based on the population Manchester has a higher murder and violent crime rate than London

" well thanks mr c and mr tw definitely staying up north

….but based on the population Manchester has a higher murder and violent crime rate than London"

your right but you get better value for your money up north compared to London

But something needs to be done to bring these numbers down no matter where it is

Add a new message to this topic