New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364868 members (7 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > No deal

See newest message in thread

No deal

*hris51234 By *hris51234   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

@private mail, +add as contact

EU rejects Mrs.Mays Chequers deal is it now time to walk away with a no deal outcome?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

"EU rejects Mrs.Mays Chequers deal is it now time to walk away with a no deal outcome?"

Jump from the shitpan into the shit? Probably not ideal!

XXX pic...
login to view

I don't see what the problem is and I'm sure any one of us would soon have all the answers.

Half the country still want to remain in the EU and half the country want to leave .. theoretically at least. Of the remainers many accept that leaving must be done with all plans, laws and regulations in place and others will never accept leaving.

Of the leavers many want the plans, laws and regulations and others are saying fuck it all lets just go.

In each of the big two parties some want to leave and some want to stay and some want a soft exit and others a hard exit.

In business there are those who will be bankrupted by Brexit and those who will profiteer from Brexit (they will be what we call the foreigners) and those who wont be too affected.

Now take a simple problem close to home such as the Irish borders .....

The soft leavers and hard leavers and soft remainers and hard remainers and the Labour stayers and Labour leavers and the Conservative leavers and Conservative stayers need to be in negotiation with the EU who are in disagreement as to what is acceptable and the Irish who know what they want but feel it slipping away from them.

See!!! Bloody easy innit! Just please everyone ... no problem

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

Hmmm! I've had a headache all day TW. You have just made it worse.

By *annyboy87  (M)  over a year ago

Mr tw it’s not as easy as that unfortunately as you can never please everyone

A question if mrs May didn’t call election and government wasn’t in an sort of coalition with dup would we have problems regarding Irish border ?

Mps have resigned over this cheaqer plan did mrs May listen to everyone views within her cabinet or is she it’s my way not going to listen type I’m in charge is that why mps gave resignation or just a case of wrong advicers again

Or just too many cooks spoil the broth

XXX pic...
login to view

"Hmmm! I've had a headache all day TW. You have just made it worse."

I think it’s given someone else on here a headache too lol.

An headache could be caused by many things but main two is

Dehydration - if thats the case get plenty of liquids down you and not acochol based drinks lol ,

Stress - if its stress a darken room does the trick

And maybe keep away from media as their be bigging up all negative news regarding mrs may plus probably get blown all out of proportion .

Its not mrs may and her chequers plan whats wrong its the eu trying to take us to cleaners , they need us as much as we need them its just that the eu are greedy sods

So no need to stress there

Would a no deal be that bad ? Like ive just said personally dont think it will come to that really we get some kind of deal probably suit eu more than us

Also a couple paracetomol does wonders hope that helps with those who has headache as im fine i dont suffer with them .

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ikkey69  (M)  over a year ago

I really dont understand what the fuss is about!!

We are a democratic nation, and that means we all have 1 vote when we are asked to say what we , the people want !!

The fact is 17.4 million sad LEAVE and 14.8mill said stay.

We,re leaving !! GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!

The only problem we have , is a government who want to stay in, (which MAY & Co do !!) having to abide by a democratic decision made by the british prople and to negotiate an EXIT !!

It has really fucked them up having to do something they dont want to do according to our constitution and DEMOCRATIC STATE RULES BUT HAVE TO DO !!

WE VOTED TO LEAVE ......... WE’RE LEAVING!!

No deal or no deal, TELL the EU we are not remsining in their club , and we are not paying them a penny . After all if we dont pay the reported 39 billion they want , what are the going to do chuck us out ????

OH YES I just remembered ....WE’RE LEAVING......GET OVER IT !!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee  (M)  over a year ago

The re-moaners are making it as difficult as possible for us to leave and cant accept a democratic vote, if a second referendum was to happen and leave won again, what then, another referendum?. or maybe best out of five.

By *heshire baldie  (M)  over a year ago

"I really dont understand what the fuss is about!!

We are a democratic nation, and that means we all have 1 vote when we are asked to say what we , the people want !!

The only problem we have , is a government who want to stay in, (which MAY & Co do !!) having to abide by a democratic decision made by the british prople and to negotiate an EXIT !!

It has really fucked them up having to do something they dont want to do according to our constitution and DEMOCRATIC STATE RULES BUT HAVE TO DO !!

No deal or no deal, TELL the EU we are not remsining in their club , and we are not paying them a penny . After all if we dont pay the reported 39 billion they want , what are the going to do chuck us out ????

OH YES I just remembered ....WE’RE LEAVING......GET OVER IT !!!!!"

No, I won’t get over it. You can use capitals all you want but it’s still a massive mistake.

A minority if the eligible UK voters voted to leave amid all the hype and bollocks spread by gobshites and people shit stirring for the hell of it.

We need another referendum.

When it all goes badly, the leavers will be hated and despised - you need to get over yourselves and think of the Country.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you not think that another referendum would lead to massive disruption on the streets that would make the poll tax riots look like a kiddies birthday party? It would certainly make a complete mockery of what we like to call democracy.

Best of three.

Best of five.

How long shall we go on for?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee  (M)  over a year ago

We are already a laughing stock politically, what beats me is how all the remoaners know the outcome and impending doom that awaits us when we leave. Should another referendum occur what would be the point of ever voting again?. We would no longer be able to call ourselves democratic.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Do you not think that another referendum would lead to massive disruption on the streets that would make the poll tax riots look like a kiddies birthday party? It would certainly make a complete mockery of what we like to call democracy.

Best of three.

Best of five.

How long shall we go on for?"

I think that is probably the only reason it won’t happen.

XXX pic...
login to view

“An headache could be caused by many things but main two is

Dehydration - if thats the case get plenty of liquids down you and not acochol based drinks lol ,”

You’re right but sometimes the biggest headaches are caused by people SHOUTING ......

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ronrod  (M)  over a year ago

I'm a tad confused over the logic of another referendum. Surely if we trust our democratic systems then a referendum represents the views of the voters to the referendum question asked!

So, given there is alot more information to make informed decisions a second referendum is still democratic and (barring Russian involvement) would represent the view of the voters.

Surely having multiple referendums would just reinforce the "will of the people"!

If the second referendum returns a leave majority surely the "remoaners" would be more likely to accept the result and if new information is revealed over the "deal" and another referendum is held and returns a leave majority then civil unrest over the result is even more unlikely!!

If you trust the democracy then there should be no fears over multiple referendums!!

To be fair there would only be reason for new referendums if circumstances have changed and with all the lies on both sides of the original campaign there is surely a change in circumstances as the consequences are much better understood!!!

I'm struggling to see why a second, third or even forth referendum is "Un Democratic" !!! as by definition a referendum is the basis of democracy

I can understand there's no point in multiple votes if no new information has come to light but in this case, given the initial campaign information on both sides was a pack of lies there is justification for a more informed vote. If it is a change of mind then the leavers will either have to prove the democraic process is flawed and keep having referendums until all voters are happy the outcome is a true representation of the "will of the people"

Do you seriously think we would ever get a 'well informed' camapign?

We had to vote last time on the pack of shite both sides spouted to us, it would be exactly the same second time around. And surely the whole point of a vote is so that we can act on what the majority of people want 'at that time'. To ask them again a year or so later if they still want the same thing is a nonsense. Where will it all end?

XXX pic...
login to view

Why is it a nonsense??? if no new circumstances have occured during the intervening year surely the result will be identical !!! What's wrong with that.

it's all about trusting a democratic vote and the issue is the uncertainty of the first result given all the lies and miss information.

A second vote would be a better informed vote so theoretically a "more democratic" result and therefore more acceptable by all the voters!

"Do you seriously think we would ever get a 'well informed' camapign?

We had to vote last time on the pack of shite both sides spouted to us, it would be exactly the same second time around. And surely the whole point of a vote is so that we can act on what the majority of people want 'at that time'. To ask them again a year or so later if they still want the same thing is a nonsense. Where will it all end?"

yes you are bang on there

Remainers always say we all voted on shite information we was told but they forget that the thing happened regarding remaining,

Another problem is we have an remainer in charge of dealing with exit but to be fair it was always was going to be tough as eu need us more than we need them , and their want to fleece us

The remainers all have crystal balls apparently, but the truth is no one knows what it would be like from either side.

And suggesting another referendum is the worst idea I’ve ever heard all to keep remainers happy, but that would make leavers unhappy and only fair way of making peace after that would be third referendum.

Then after that we as country as to decide on how we run this country

Carry on as a democratic country or have a dictatorship as voting would be a shambles if we didn’t have third referendum

"

Dehydration - if thats the case get plenty of liquids down you and not acochol based drinks lol ,”

You’re right but sometimes the biggest headaches are caused by people SHOUTING ...... "

yes mr tw you are right a lot of shouting can also cause headaches,

Even if it is a very good point that they trying to get out

XXX pic...
login to view

"

You’re right but sometimes the biggest headaches are caused by people SHOUTING ...... yes mr tw you are right a lot of shouting can also cause headaches,

Even if it is a very good point that they trying to get out"

I must disagree there. If you have a good point to make you will never need to shout. Shouting is usually used when you have run out of intelligent debate and just want to shut others up.

XXX pic...
login to view

" suggesting another referendum is the worst idea I’ve ever heard all to keep remainers happy, but that would make leavers unhappy"

Whichever way you voted if you have confidence in your belief that the majority want to leave then surely a second referendum would be welcomed by 'leavers'

The mistake was not making the referendum only acceptable if the split was ie: 60/40 which would have taken away this practically 50/50 result which is causing a lot of disquiet.

XXX pic...
login to view

"think of the Country"

A very relevent phrase that should be taken seriously.

"" suggesting another referendum is the worst idea I’ve ever heard all to keep remainers happy, but that would make leavers unhappy"

Whichever way you voted if you have confidence in your belief that the majority want to leave then surely a second referendum would be welcomed by 'leavers'

The mistake was not making the referendum only acceptable if the split was ie: 60/40 which would have taken away this practically 50/50 result which is causing a lot of disquiet."

you right about having faith in your belief

But there was so much shite from both sides before last referendum it just might have swayed vote

This is my theory the bitter remainers upset with result they lost so every right to be upset

But when you have some of these that have power to do something about it

For example mrs May in my opinion is a remainer yes she has to her job and lead us out which is wasn’t ever going to be easy but in a position to make it look like she’s doing her best but at the same time make it appear that it was a major mistake voting to leave , with the motive to have an second referendum knowing that a minority of people would have been brainwashed in believing existing is wrong for country as that minority is all what’s needed to sway vote back to remain

Probably reason behind of iffy deal put forward by mrs May and her team and why resignations of some mps over it

I or anyone else can’t prove this but no one can prove it isn’t the case either

But if there’s a second referendum why can’t we call for a second general election as some maybe unhappy with that result on all sides as a one time vote wouldn’t count no more

Have to start having best of three votes

XXX pic...
login to view

Hi Danny. You do realise you have mentioned Mrs may in aslmost every post lol. I know it's an obsession but bloody hell hahaha!!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view

No, I won’t get over it. You can use capitals all you want but it’s still a massive mistake.

A minority if the eligible UK voters voted to leave amid all the hype and bollocks spread by gobshites and people shit stirring for the hell of it.

When it all goes badly, the leavers will be hated and despised - you need to get over yourselves and think of the Country."

If I were you I would go and live in Russia or anywhere else where free speech is banned and the people have no say in their destiny !!

Your cries of “ we need another referendum “ is from someone who has no idea of democracy and who also takes his football home when he dosent like whos he,s playing with!!

GET OVER IT !!! LOSER !!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view

When it all goes badly, the leavers will be hated and despised - you need to get over yourselves and think of the Country.

If I were you I would go and live in Russia or anywhere else where free speech is banned and the people have no say in their destiny !!

Your cries of “ we need another referendum “ is from someone who has no idea of democracy and who also takes his football home when he dosent like whos he,s playing with!!

GET OVER IT !!! LOSER !!!!!"

Very shouty innit!

"Hi Danny. You do realise you have mentioned Mrs may in aslmost every post lol. I know it's an obsession but bloody hell hahaha!!!!!"

sorry I forgot you can’t mention her name on here but I’ve said all I wanted to say .

May go on about corbyn and momentum now lol if that’s ok lol

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M)  over a year ago

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Leavers shouting 'we won' like children in a playground just goes to reinforce the deep divisions shown by the very close referendum result. I hope the same people will take accountability ten years from now if it all goes badly when they can no longer blame the EU for everything that goes wrong in this country.

Very few British General Elections are ever won with a party receiving over fifty per cent of the vote. So on that basis would some people on here seriously contemplate a second, third, fourth etc.. General Election until such time as a party does get over fifty per cent?

That way, finally, a majority of voters would be happy(ish!). It might take a bloody long while though.

"Hi Danny. You do realise you have mentioned Mrs may in aslmost every post lol. I know it's an obsession but bloody hell hahaha!!!!! sorry I forgot you can’t mention her name on here but I’ve said all I wanted to say .

May go on about corbyn and momentum now lol if that’s ok lol"

Seems you do need permission to mention May, especially if you dare to criticise her, but any negative remarks about Corbyn and Momentum will see you welcomed into the coterie with open arms

"

When it all goes badly, the leavers will be hated and despised - you need to get over yourselves and think of the Country."

The point is a majority of those who did vote voted out. It's no good going on about those that did not vote in the referendum or indeed any other election. They chose not to, as indeed is their right, but they immediately disenfranchise themselves so, I'm sorry to say, their view is no longer relevant.

The last thing we need is another referendum now. If there was going to be a 2nd one it should have been called before Article 50 was applied for. Calling another one now would be a bit like cancelling a divorce halfway through proceedings or withdrawing a resignation days before you were due to leave. Brexit is going to happen deal or no deal.

I'm also dead against this foolish idea of a referendum on a deal should one still be reached. How many people would really understand all of its implications? Presumably there would be another acrimonious campaign prior to the vote which would cloud the issue even more as was the case in June 2016.

And what if the vote went against the deal? Where the hell would that leave us? In total limbo. We would be totally at the mercy of the bureaucrats in Brussels and a lot worse off.

By *egbreak  (M)  over a year ago

Perhaps it would help this debate if you got your voting figures right first. Electoral Commission give them as: Leave 17.41m and remain 16.14m.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *arconi  (M)  over a year ago

On the question of a second referendum when Donald Dewer(Secretary of State for Scotland)and Tony Blair FAILED to get a yes vote for a Scottish Parliament they held a second referendum. So there is a precedence for a second vote. Please God we have one to take us to some form of sanity

XXX pic...
login to view

"Hi Danny. You do realise you have mentioned Mrs may in aslmost every post lol. I know it's an obsession but bloody hell hahaha!!!!! sorry I forgot you can’t mention her name on here but I’ve said all I wanted to say .

Seems you do need permission to mention May, especially if you dare to criticise her, but any negative remarks about Corbyn and Momentum will see you welcomed into the coterie with open arms "

Thank you for poking your nose in. I’m sure it’s appeciated.

"On the question of a second referendum when Donald Dewer(Secretary of State for Scotland)and Tony Blair FAILED to get a yes vote for a Scottish Parliament they held a second referendum. So there is a precedence for a second vote. Please God we have one to take us to some form of sanity"

That doesn't make sense. The first referendum on Scottish devolution took place in 1979 and the second in 1997 some 18 years later. Although Donald Dewar was an MP at the time of the 1st referendum, and campaigned in favour of devolution, Tony Blair was not. So that argument is irrelevant. Or if it is then we have a 2nd referendum on the EU in 2034! People who keep harping on about a 2nd referendum on the EU seem confident that a Remain vote would win. It may do but it certainly would not be guaranteed.

XXX pic...
login to view

May go on about corbyn and momentum now lol if that’s ok lol"

Lol. Well you did say to give you a shout if you went overboard ... I think I saved you in time.

Actually I try not to mention any leader by name as it is the party as a whole that makes decisions not just a leader.

Momentum is a different kettle of fish and as a group/gang attempting to destroy our once beloved Labour party it is important to stop them whatever your politics .. unless you’re an extreme communist of course but we don’t see too many of them on here.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *evealing  (M)  over a year ago

The Irish who know what they want ??????

By *eaulieu  (M)  over a year ago

what's the french for ......

'you can stick yer cockles up yer arse' ?

No Deal on EU exit? It was always going to be the case, however you dressed it up. I said it from day one, and it looks like I'm going to be right … excuse me a few secs whilst I do my little self congratulatory dance, oh yeah, oh yeah … How could the EU give us what we asked for, without the rest of them saying, "right, we'll have some of that aswell"? No, the bureaucrats of brussels have to keep their little pipe dream of a USE alive, somehow. No deal means we pay them bugger all, aswell, yippee! That's more euros that the frogs and krauts will have to stump up between themselves in order to keep the bankrupt and destitute nation's heads above water, which, apart from the frogs and krauts, is just about all of them. This recent meeting in Strasbourg, I'm surprised the group photo didn't show them holding out their begging bowls in the direction of Merkel and Macron!

Seems you do need permission to mention May, especially if you dare to criticise her, but any negative remarks about Corbyn and Momentum will see you welcomed into the coterie with open arms

Thank you for poking your nose in. I’m sure it’s appeciated. "

That's OK. Unless the forum rules have changed, I didn't realise I had to get your permission before posting. And I won't promise to respect that new rule in future either.

XXX pic...
login to view

Thank you for poking your nose in. I’m sure it’s appeciated.

That's OK. Unless the forum rules have changed, I didn't realise I had to get your permission before posting. And I won't promise to respect that new rule in future either."

That is bit hypocritical as you started the criticisms. Maybe you should grow up and concentrate on your own posts. Unless that is against forum rules of course.

XXX pic...
login to view

"On the question of a second referendum when Donald Dewer(Secretary of State for Scotland)and Tony Blair FAILED to get a yes vote for a Scottish Parliament they held a second referendum. So there is a precedence for a second vote. Please God we have one to take us to some form of sanity

That doesn't make sense. The first referendum on Scottish devolution took place in 1979 and the second in 1997 some 18 years later. Although Donald Dewar was an MP at the time of the 1st referendum, and campaigned in favour of devolution, Tony Blair was not. So that argument is irrelevant. Or if it is then we have a 2nd referendum on the EU in 2034! People who keep harping on about a 2nd referendum on the EU seem confident that a Remain vote would win. It may do but it certainly would not be guaranteed. "

moving on ....

XXX pic...
login to view
By *illanihole  (M)  over a year ago

Oddly enough all of this no deal talk is irrelavent.

Under the E.U. article 50 regs if nothing can be agreed by either party after 2 years then all bets are off and the country/ member in question is OUT !

XXX pic...
login to view

GET OVER IT !!! LOSER !!!!!

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Leavers shouting 'we won' like children in a playground just goes to reinforce the deep divisions shown by the very close referendum result. I hope the same people will take accountability ten years from now if it all goes badly when they can no longer blame the EU for everything that goes wrong in this country."

So you actually KNOW how I voted??

Unfortunatly for you it matters not one jot how I voted , you voted or who anyone else voted !!

The people of great britain voted democraticaly to leave the EU so as someone who believes in democracy, we are leaving,!! Like it or not !!

When the politicians have an official vote on a topic in parliament , the outcome is decided by how many voted to carry or defeat the motion even if its by only ONE.

I do believe that more voted to leave the EU than to stay !!

As I said........GET OVER IT. We are leaving!!!

"Very few British General Elections are ever won with a party receiving over fifty per cent of the vote. So on that basis would some people on here seriously contemplate a second, third, fourth etc.. General Election until such time as a party does get over fifty per cent?

That way, finally, a majority of voters would be happy(ish!). It might take a bloody long while though."

That is true. Clem Attlee only managed 47% with his 1945 landslide and both Mrs Thatcher and Tony Blair only managed 44% at their best. So based on that the Brexit vote in the referendum carries more validity than any government since goodness knows when.

Not taking sides. Just saying.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M)  over a year ago

We will be _______ (forbidden word) into holding another Referendum, but this time voting has to be compulsory. Everyone 16+ should get a vote, including prisoners, and the result to be binding.

Everyone must vote, with a £200 fine for not having a valid excuse, that way we don't get a huge chunk of the population avoiding the issue.

We also have to have an investigatory body reveal why certain people are pushing certain agendas, are they paid for to push Remain or Leave, will the benefit significantly from backing one side or the other.

Personally I think many of the politicians who want to remain are doing that to ensure the smooth running and scheduling of the EU gravy train, they have zero interest in anything else other than lining their own pockets.

On this occasion, BoeredEric, I respectfully disagree with just about everything you have said in the above post. I do not agree with compulsory voting. I do not think lowering the voting age to 16 is a good idea. I am dead against prisoners having the vote.

Of course interested parties will push to either remain or leave and will fund the respective campaigns. Otherwise there will be no campaigning although that may not be such a bad thing.

Although some politicians would very much like us to remain--- e.g. Sir Vince Cable trying to convince everyone including himself that Brexit is not inevitable--- there is no getting away from the fact 'brexit' has been applied for and will happen.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Very few British General Elections are ever won with a party receiving over fifty per cent of the vote. So on that basis would some people on here seriously contemplate a second, third, fourth etc.. General Election until such time as a party does get over fifty per cent?

That way, finally, a majority of voters would be happy(ish!). It might take a bloody long while though."

Good point. I don't think anyone should be criticised for defending their stance on Brexit. i dont thnk many remainers have argued about the result.

However, regardless of whichever way we voted it is of paramount importance to get the best deal possible and also to get as much as possible done prior to actually leaving to make life easier afterwards.

It will obvioulsy be a rough ride for a while so the more settled now the better.

With the country split in half and those halves split several ways within themselves it might be that making more than about 10% of the country happy will be an impossibilty as everyone will have had a different preference.

Mrs May stepped up and accepted the poisoned chalice that nobody elsde from any party wanted except Sir Nige and he was neveer going to PM. It is only now that a few heads are popping out of the woodwork wanting to take the reins .. after all the hard work and a lot of negotiating has been done and i think they can step up now because wjhatever happens they can blame someone else for any negatives whilst claiming any positives for themselves.

XXX pic...
login to view

Strangely it seems the initial referendum was all about immigration and stuffing Cameron, the EU being blamed fairly or unfairly for NHS shortfalls, economic migration, unemployment crime and a whole host of other issues.

Now it's all about trade!

cutting trade deals is a long process because the reason for implementing import tariffs is to protect manufacturing ( and therefore jobs) at home. If another country can make cars cheaper because they don't respect workers rights or the environment and cut corners then the tariff is used to protect home made cars.

Currently we can't buy cheap goods of the world market because tariffs are set by the EU for all EU countries, remember it all started with the common market!!!

hence to cut a free trade deal with India or China there would need to be a coming together of workers rights, pensions waste handling environmental impact, traceability of goods etc hence the 5 to 7 years in the making.

Once the agreement is in place there is a natural progression of growing together other aspects such as easy visa's leading to free movement of people and within 20 years you will end up with exactly what the EU is!!!

Hence if we break out of europe we will inevitably end up via a free trade agreement being effectively back in!

The problems that face humanity are global and require global agreements such as the Paris accord

What ever problems there are with the EU will have to be solved as they will become issues with any countries that grow together under free trade agreements! It's a small world in which we all live in and we're all going to have to learn to play together under common rules eventually!!

Walking out won't solve the EU's issues and since the EU is the largest group of member states co-operating together the model needs to work for everyone in it.

This decision is a long term decision and we’ll end up back in, it may not be called the EU and Turkey, china and India may already be members but it is where a stable prosperous future for humanity lies.

Isolated power states is doomed to go the same way as every previous civilisation, the Romans, Incas, Myceans, you name them they have all eventually failed with their citizens reverting back to poverty nomads!

Can anyone see the Catalonians going to war with Spain all the time they are within the EU, the rest of the countries would mediate a settlement!!

Outside the EU Catalonia and Spain could easily end up as the next Syria! OK that might be a bit extreme but you see the point!

I seriously doubt than many eighteen year olds are fit enough to vote nowadays, much less sixteen year olds. Kids today seem to get their political opinions from celebrity endorsement of certain politicins or what other politicians promise them, however hare brained.

The same could be said for the professionally unemployed. Pretty soon we'd have the country run by Abbot, Corbyn and other clowns of their ilk.

Some of the ideals behind the EU were quite admirable and I can see why so many people see it as such a good thing. The unfortunate reality is that it never really evolved from it's Franco-German and now increasingly German control.

The Euro was pitched to benefit German industry at the expense of the rest (like Greece)...

Immigration policy was turned on it's head by a whim of Merkel. Can you imagine the uproar if any other country invited a million random people into the EU ?

We had to leave the EU before it turned our country even more sour and divisive than it is now. It's crazy policies have propelled many far right parties that make the EDF look like pansies into mainstream parliaments throughout Europe.

The EU itself is becoming like a Soviet authority over seeing, over ruling anything that doesn't follow it's self serving arrogant line.

It has been given a few warning shots but the arrogant apparatchiks who run it refuse to change.

No one sees it as being an easy road but self determination never is.

That way, finally, a majority of voters would be happy(ish!). It might take a bloody long while though.

Good point. I don't think anyone should be criticised for defending their stance on Brexit. i dont thnk many remainers have argued about the result.

However, regardless of whichever way we voted it is of paramount importance to get the best deal possible and also to get as much as possible done prior to actually leaving to make life easier afterwards.

It will obvioulsy be a rough ride for a while so the more settled now the better.

With the country split in half and those halves split several ways within themselves it might be that making more than about 10% of the country happy will be an impossibilty as everyone will have had a different preference.

Mrs May stepped up and accepted the poisoned chalice that nobody elsde from any party wanted except Sir Nige and he was neveer going to PM. It is only now that a few heads are popping out of the woodwork wanting to take the reins .. after all the hard work and a lot of negotiating has been done and i think they can step up now because wjhatever happens they can blame someone else for any negatives whilst claiming any positives for themselves."

well nobody said it was going to be easy the eu wasn’t going to let it be easy

Mps didn’t want it at beginning but May want to take over reins as they may think that our prime minister is doing it all wrong, and may have tried giving they opinions but our prime minister not listening

But they should back her or not be there

"Do you not think that another referendum would lead to massive disruption on the streets that would make the poll tax riots look like a kiddies birthday party? It would certainly make a complete mockery of what we like to call democracy.

Best of three.

Best of five.

How long shall we go on for?"

I would certainly think it would lead to massive disruption and why not the country has voted out yes some may have for wrong reasons but the result is leaving eu won so the bitter losers the remainers should just shut up and back brexit so we can get a good deal

Instead of trying to disrupt it , but that won’t happen see my post from earlier to see my opinion on it

My idea on compulsory voting and expanding the electorate was because those people are a) the ones who'll live with it long term, b) have their rights massively affected potentially if we leave, and c) make people take a decision and not leave it to someone else or they can't be arsed to bother.

For this one decision, which I hope we don't have to go through all the fear mongering, lies, and deceit on all sides yet again, but if we do we need the everyone to have their say.

Then we go back to normal.

As for 16 year olds voting, rather them voting than my drug addled neighbours, or the local racist homophobic fascists.

The fines could be given to charities in each area.

"Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Leavers shouting 'we won' like children in a playground just goes to reinforce the deep divisions shown by the very close referendum result. I hope the same people will take accountability ten years from now if it all goes badly when they can no longer blame the EU for everything that goes wrong in this country."

And if everything works out ok will the Remainiacs admit they were wrong and finally shut up? I bet they won't. The bloody Europhiles will never accept this country eventually being anything other than a part of the 'European Superstate' ruled from Brussels. The biggest problem is that we've been a member of the EU for far too long and over time it's insinuated itself into our society like some hideous monster that eventually controls our very existence. Removing such a creature inevitably results in the death of the host as well and I'd like to think that we can avoid that and stand on our own feet once more. Regrettably the Remainiacs seem to think that's impossible and we should be beholden to that unaccountable, dictatorial organization forever

XXX pic...
login to view

"My idea on compulsory voting and expanding the electorate was because those people are a) the ones who'll live with it long term, b) have their rights massively affected potentially if we leave, and c) make people take a decision and not leave it to someone else or they can't be arsed to bother.

For this one decision, which I hope we don't have to go through all the fear mongering, lies, and deceit on all sides yet again, but if we do we need the everyone to have their say.

As for 16 year olds voting, rather them voting than my drug addled neighbours, or the local racist homophobic fascists.

The fines could be given to charities in each area."

I don’t agree with compulsory voting or lowering of the voting age but at least you put forward reasonable arguments to debate.

Presumably your drug addled neighbours and the rest of the list are also over 16, so they'll get to vote anyway.

"

Some of the ideals behind the EU were quite admirable and I can see why so many people see it as such a good thing. The unfortunate reality is that it never really evolved from it's Franco-German and now increasingly German control.

The Euro was pitched to benefit German industry at the expense of the rest (like Greece)...

Immigration policy was turned on it's head by a whim of Merkel. Can you imagine the uproar if any other country invited a million random people into the EU ?

We had to leave the EU before it turned our country even more sour and divisive than it is now. It's crazy policies have propelled many far right parties that make the EDF look like pansies into mainstream parliaments throughout Europe.

The EU itself is becoming like a Soviet authority over seeing, over ruling anything that doesn't follow it's self serving arrogant line.

It has been given a few warning shots but the arrogant apparatchiks who run it refuse to change.

No one sees it as being an easy road but self determination never is."

XXX pic...
login to view

“Mps didn’t want it at beginning”

Actually I believe most MPs did want it from the beginning as the Remainers never thought it could happen and the Leavers just hoped they could ‘fluke’ it which is of course what happened.

More noticeable were the public support and even demands for a referendum and this government kept Cameron’s promise of the vote.

"Perhaps it would help this debate if you got your voting figures right first. Electoral Commission give them as: Leave 17.41m and remain 16.14m. "

And how exactly does that help this debate? Even on those figures Leave still won so your comment is totally irrelevant!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *lincsbottom   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

"what's the french for ......

'you can stick yer cockles up yer arse' ?"

According to google it's

vous pouvez coller vos coques jusqu'à votre cul

Never trust Google translate - the translation it has given means 'you can glue your cockles until your arse'

"Perhaps it would help this debate if you got your voting figures right first. Electoral Commission give them as: Leave 17.41m and remain 16.14m.

And how exactly does that help this debate? Even on those figures Leave still won so your comment is totally irrelevant! "

Why can people accept being ruled by a government that seldom has more than 40% of the votes cast yet not accept when a decision has been made by a much clearer majority ?

By *heshire baldie  (M)  over a year ago

braying like a donkey

Like a Trump

and we all know why you trump

"My idea on compulsory voting and expanding the electorate was because those people are a) the ones who'll live with it long term, b) have their rights massively affected potentially if we leave, and c) make people take a decision and not leave it to someone else or they can't be arsed to bother.

The fines could be given to charities in each area."

Apart from those who don't give a damn there are a lot of people who just did not know which way to vote so compelling them to do so is not a good idea. I must admit that I struggled to make up my own mind as it is hardly a straightforward subject if you weigh up all the pros and cons.

The only reason to lower the voting age for an EU referendum would be to try and ensure a remain vote since younger people are more likely to want to stay in the EU.

Some bright spark suggested the lowering of the voting age for the 2016 referendum and putting an age cap on the voting so that people over a certain age could not vote since it would not affect there future. A fanciful idea that would have gone down like a lead balloon.

By *onjj  (M)  over a year ago

the vote was get us out, now we should live with it. we are close to the date for exit and our leaders are still fucking about, This is not for the country but for their own egos or arse pockets,

We need leader ship now , Get Noel Edmonds he well versed in Deal or No deal

XXX pic...
login to view

I think we have a very good leader who against all the odds and whilst suffering an onslaught from the EU and numerous MPs including those treacherous ones in her own party, has stood fast and negotiated with all her heart to get us the best deal possible when we leave.

Everything else has been smoke and mirrors and, as you say, very egotistic.

A good leader?? The woman is a total moron and a little Englander up her own scrawny backside. She needs to disappear and take her fould obnoxious scumbag bunch of weasels with her. Hell is too good a place for Scumservatives!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *tsuptoyou  (M)  over a year ago

I think our prime minister is having a very trying time at the moment E.U. asked for a white paper she gave them the chequers agreement they rejected it the e.u. haven't been playing ball from the start all they think about is money I feel we had a bad deal from the start of entering e.u. I cannot see us getting a deal because every other member pays money in but we don't want to do that for instance (if you run a raffle every week and one person doesn't want to pay but still wants to be paid out)have to wait and see now what e.u. comes up with

I get the feeling that the EU are running scared. Frightened that if the UK get a good deal their little empire will start to unravel. I'm beginning to think we might be better off with no deal as we certainly don't want a deal dictated to us by that gang of self-serving bureaucrats.

Mrs May appears to be standing firm in the face of adversity. Not a bit impressed with Donald Tusk's silly cherry-picking joke. It is in very poor taste and very unstatesmanlike.

We are thinking of the country … not the United States Of Europe! ….

It's very reassuring to read that we are living in the perfect democracy steered by a strong, stable, effective and resolute leader. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that we have a very rosy future ahead of us. Oops, then I just woke up and realised it's all just a dream with no basis in fact.

"A good leader?? The woman is a total moron and a little Englander up her own scrawny backside. She needs to disappear and take her fould obnoxious scumbag bunch of weasels with her. Hell is too good a place for Scumservatives!"

Momentum supporter are you? And you have the nerve to talk about 'Scumservatives'

You people disgust me!

We are thinking of the country … not the United States Of Europe! …. "

"A good leader?? The woman is a total moron and a little Englander up her own scrawny backside. She needs to disappear and take her fould obnoxious scumbag bunch of weasels with her. Hell is too good a place for Scumservatives!"

you being just a little unfair they aren’t you ?

"It's very reassuring to read that we are living in the perfect democracy steered by a strong, stable, effective and resolute leader. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that we have a very rosy future ahead of us. Oops, then I just woke up and realised it's all just a dream with no basis in fact."

I think some are having same dream but haven’t woke up yet

"I think our prime minister is having a very trying time at the moment E.U. asked for a white paper she gave them the chequers agreement they rejected it the e.u. haven't been playing ball from the start all they think about is money I feel we had a bad deal from the start of entering e.u. I cannot see us getting a deal because every other member pays money in but we don't want to do that for instance (if you run a raffle every week and one person doesn't want to pay but still wants to be paid out)have to wait and see now what e.u. comes up with "

you are right even though I think she is totally the wrong person for job

To be fair it was always going to be hard because of eu wanting to set an example to rest that may want to leave

XXX pic...
login to view

"Scumservatives!"

how silly. Back to school on monday sonny lol.

XXX pic...
login to view

"A good leader?? The woman is a total moron and a little Englander up her own scrawny backside. She needs to disappear and take her fould obnoxious scumbag bunch of weasels with her. Hell is too good a place for Scumservatives!you being just a little unfair they aren’t you ? "

Danny it is unfair, silly and very childish and you comment would make more sense with two glum faces.

The EU is making it as difficult as possible for us so as to put off ANY other country from having the same idea and leave the Club !

By *ottagingOfficial   premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

"A good leader?? The woman is a total moron and a little Englander up her own scrawny backside. She needs to disappear and take her fould obnoxious scumbag bunch of weasels with her. Hell is too good a place for Scumservatives!you being just a little unfair they aren’t you ?

Danny it is unfair, silly and very childish and you comment would make more sense with two glum faces."

It might be best if you just ignore each others posts if you don't like them

That's exactly right naked4u2 if they make it easy for Britain to leave, then the likes of Spain, Portugal, Greece and so on would be thinking of leaving, there are large factions in both France, and Germany who would like to pull out, the EU is outdated old fashioned with to many old fuddy duddy people who are earning huge salaries running it just going along for the ride, giving little in return stick to your guns Mrs May and tell then to stuff it if they don't accept our proposals

XXX pic...
login to view

"That's exactly right naked4u2 if they make it easy for Britain to leave, then the likes of Spain, Portugal, Greece and so on would be thinking of leaving, there are large factions in both France, and Germany who would like to pull out, the EU is outdated old fashioned with to many old fuddy duddy people who are earning huge salaries running it just going along for the ride, giving little in return stick to your guns Mrs May and tell then to stuff it if they don't accept our proposals"

That is presuming any other does want to leave. If I was one of those countries I would certainly stay for at least another five years to see how the U.K. do .. if the U.K. does well then consider leaving but if the U.K. has dropped a clanger then stick with it.

"A good leader?? The woman is a total moron and a little Englander up her own scrawny backside. She needs to disappear and take her fould obnoxious scumbag bunch of weasels with her. Hell is too good a place for Scumservatives!you being just a little unfair they aren’t you ?

Danny it is unfair, silly and very childish and you comment would make more sense with two glum faces.

It might be best if you just ignore each others posts if you don't like them"

I disagree. Are we only supposed to comment on somebody's post if we agree with them then? There was a disgusting post from one individual on here earlier on and I certainly wasn't going to ignore it - what I said needed saying!

How I see it yes it was outrageous for someone to say scumsevatives would agree a childish thing to do ,in wrong to have posted that .

But it’s only same as those who call labour scum so what is the difference? And some do

Shouldn’t be really unless you are an hypocrite,

So it maybe for best if people ignored these type of posts why does it have to get hostile no need for it .

So what if someone says something about the party you follow whichever that maybe, too many take it personal.

Now that’s would be different if it was personal

I think the sad reality is that none of them are fit to lead anything.

In these more open times with access to information leaders of all kinds, from business, politics, sport, etc., They're no more capable or qualified than anyone else. All this Establishment nonsense we put up with,no better than anyone else. They've failed over and over and over again.

We've had Conservative governments, useless. We've had Labour governments, useless. We even tried a coalition, useless.

We keep electing the same direction bunch of self-service self aggrandising, thieving scum who say one thing them do the exact opposite.

We'd be as well to have a lottery and randomly select 650 people to serve.

There are some who stand out as particularly unsuitable to lead, Rees Mogg and Corbynn really do stand out as being utterly removed from the life experiences of 99.99999% of the population.

"How I see it yes it was outrageous for someone to say scumsevatives would agree a childish thing to do ,in wrong to have posted that .

But it’s only same as those who call labour scum so what is the difference? And some do

So it maybe for best if people ignored these type of posts why does it have to get hostile no need for it .

So what if someone says something about the party you follow whichever that maybe, too many take it personal.

Now that’s would be different if it was personal "

There's nothing hypocritical about it. For a start, nobody to my knowledge has ever referred to Labour supporters as being 'scum' That description is reserved for the Momentum supporters - and rightly so, given the way they've insinuated themselves into the Labour Party.

The post in question is one that I objected to because of the way it was worded, the poster could have put his point across without that sort of language - language that may be acceptable to many in conversation but not in writing on a public forum!

"How I see it yes it was outrageous for someone to say scumsevatives would agree a childish thing to do ,in wrong to have posted that .

There's nothing hypocritical about it. For a start, nobody to my knowledge has ever referred to Labour supporters as being 'scum' That description is reserved for the Momentum supporters - and rightly so, given the way they've insinuated themselves into the Labour Party.

The post in question is one that I objected to because of the way it was worded, the poster could have put his point across without that sort of language - language that may be acceptable to many in conversation but not in writing on a public forum!"

Right I didn’t say anything was aimed at labour supporters or conservatives supporters so please stop putting words in there that wasn’t

What I did say people call labour scum as in party no mention of supporters as that would make it personal

But they are some that take offence of people calling conservatives party scum but do the same themselves towards labour it’s that what gets me it’s alright as long as it’s not against conservative party or other way around that why I said it’s hypocritical

And why is it alright to call momentum supporters scum but not Conservative party and notice I said party as supporters makes it personal

And I’ve never seen anywhere on here anyone saying that they support momentum, seen people get accused of it when people have disagreed with a comment aimed at conservatives

But you are right about the use of that sort of language shouldn’t be used at all

You are right. I have seen the terms 'Labour scum' and 'left-wing scum' on here and the person who is now so offended accused me of being a Momentum supporter because I criticised May.

"You are right. I have seen the terms 'Labour scum' and 'left-wing scum' on here and the person who is now so offended accused me of being a Momentum supporter because I criticised May."

Well we all know where your political affiliations lie don't we, so you're just making yourself a target. Still, if you can't stand the heat keep out of the kitchen!

The post in question is one that I objected to because of the way it was worded, the poster could have put his point across without that sort of language - language that may be acceptable to many in conversation but not in writing on a public forum!

Right I didn’t say anything was aimed at labour supporters or conservatives supporters so please stop putting words in there that wasn’t

What I did say people call labour scum as in party no mention of supporters as that would make it personal

But they are some that take offence of people calling conservatives party scum but do the same themselves towards labour it’s that what gets me it’s alright as long as it’s not against conservative party or other way around that why I said it’s hypocritical

And why is it alright to call momentum supporters scum but not Conservative party and notice I said party as supporters makes it personal

And I’ve never seen anywhere on here anyone saying that they support momentum, seen people get accused of it when people have disagreed with a comment aimed at conservatives

But you are right about the use of that sort of language shouldn’t be used at all "

God, you do go on, don't you? All this talk about hypocrisy, but of course you're such a paragon of virtue aren't you? Still as touchy as ever too!

"You are right. I have seen the terms 'Labour scum' and 'left-wing scum' on here and the person who is now so offended accused me of being a Momentum supporter because I criticised May.

Well we all know where your political affiliations lie don't we, so you're just making yourself a target. Still, if you can't stand the heat keep out of the kitchen! "

this forum is supposed to be for friendly debates and fun

But you have just admitted to using it as a way to attack people if their don’t agree with you

Why else would you use the words “ know where your political affiliations lie don't we, so you're just making yourself a target“

What is a target ?

1.a person,object or a place selected as the aim of attack

2. A small round shield

Select as an object of attention or attack.

So are people targets just because they don’t follow same as you ?

I don’t want to get into any argument this forum gets silly at times all because of attitudes like just stated.

And yes I know I’ve been guilty of doing silly things too , but I’m trying to change .

It’s us users of this forum that let it get silly so what if one is a labour follower or a conservative follower

It doesn’t need to get hostile at all or personal

No, you have no idea where my political affiliations lie. You have jumped to false conclusions as usual.

"No, you have no idea where my political affiliations lie. You have jumped to false conclusions as usual."

The only conclusions I come to are those as a result of reading the contents of your posts - let's face it, you aren't the most accommodating of people on here.

"What is a target ?

2. A small round shield "

I bet you had to Google that, didn't you?

XXX pic...
login to view

Come along lads there’s no need for the debates to become unfriendly. If you see a post you don’t like just ignore it.

What’s the matter with some people

It might be best if you just ignore each others posts if you don't like them

I disagree. Are we only supposed to comment on somebody's post if we agree with them then? There was a disgusting post from one individual on here earlier on and I certainly wasn't going to ignore it - what I said needed saying! "

I wasn't referring to you or quoting you

"Come along lads there’s no need for the debates to become unfriendly. If you see a post you don’t like just ignore it.

What’s the matter with some people

"

well said mr tw

That’s what I’ve tried saying twice today

"What is a target ?

2. A small round shield

I bet you had to Google that, didn't you? "

Ok now I am referring to you and anyone else this applies to ( it applies to a few ) If you can't post without attacking other posters or writing angry posts then please don't post at all. If you have a problem with other peoples posts then ignore rather than do the above or you could find yourself banned.

What I say only applies to the members on this site. If people want to talk about people not on this site they can do.

I am going to shut this now, maybe people should read the forum rules before they next post

http://www.cottaging.co.uk/content/forum-rules.html