New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login367302 members (131 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > momentum calls for the United kingdon to down tools and strike.

See newest message in thread

momentum calls for the United kingdon to down tools and strike.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 16 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Speaking at Momentums World Transformed meeting Labour MP Laura Smith Calls For First General Strike Since 1926 To Bring Down The Government.

She said "If we can’t get a general election, we should organise with our brothers and sisters in the trade unions to bring an end to this government with a general strike,”

Britain has not seen a general strike in which workers from across different industries down tools since 1926.

Tom Watdson tried to distance Labour from Momentums threat but he must be oblivious to who is pulling the strings .. and it's not Labour unfortunately.

Basically, Momentum are saying that if the British people do not fall in line (they must think the whole nation is as easy to fool as Labour) then they will ignore the will of the British people. ignore anything resembling democracy but will gather their 'gang' together and for ce the British people and British workers to do as they are told. undoubtedly we will see violent picket lines stirred up by extreme left wing hatred fighting police and people with flying pickets and professional thugs mixing with the innocent strikers who will be too afraid to protest .. I';m afraid those of us who are a bit older have seen it all before.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ockpleaser  (M) 16 weeks ago

It's telling that they are asking people to strike not demonstrate.

Strikes hurt everyone not just the government, it's not necessary.

Momentum seem to be trapped in the 1970's and will ruin any chance labour have to get back into power.

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

The General Strike of 1926 was called by the unions without consulting their membership. Modern equivalents of that behaviour were of course Arthur Scargill with the miners and 'Red Robbo' at Longbridge with British Leyland. Nowadays to conform with current laws they have to ballot the membership and achieve at least a 50% turnout of those entitled to vote, and at least 40% of those must vote in favour of taking industrial action before any such action can be called. Furthermore, remember that 'Flying Pickets' are now illegal. On that basis I suspect that it would be very hard for unions to call a general strike without leaving themselves open to serious legal action.

Whatever you think of Maggie Thatcher she did the average union member a huge favour by putting democratic control of their union into their hands via the ballot box.

By *orum reader   premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

"Speaking at Momentums World Transformed meeting Labour MP Laura Smith Calls For First General Strike Since 1926 To Bring Down The Government.

She said "If we can’t get a general election, we should organise with our brothers and sisters in the trade unions to bring an end to this government with a general strike,”

Britain has not seen a general strike in which workers from across different industries down tools since 1926.

Tom Watdson tried to distance Labour from Momentums threat but he must be oblivious to who is pulling the strings .. and it's not Labour unfortunately.

Basically, Momentum are saying that if the British people do not fall in line (they must think the whole nation is as easy to fool as Labour) then they will ignore the will of the British people. ignore anything resembling democracy but will gather their 'gang' together and for ce the British people and British workers to do as they are told. undoubtedly we will see violent picket lines stirred up by extreme left wing hatred fighting police and people with flying pickets and professional thugs mixing with the innocent strikers who will be too afraid to protest .. I';m afraid those of us who are a bit older have seen it all before.

"

Momentum are doing a good job...........of destroying the Labour party

All political parties need to have the central ground if they wish to be elected and while Labour stay further and further left they will have no chance the same as when the conservatives had no chance when to far right unfortunately it takes a while for things to change back but in the case of momentum there will he no party to bring back

Hopefully the moderates in the Labour party will leave to form a new party who can offer a proper opposition ( every government of any hue needs good opposition)

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

I believe General Strikes are illegal. There was talk of it in the '70s and again in the '80s with the Miners Strike. Momentum have talked about reversing a lot of the trade union laws to take us back to the days of wildcat strikes and non stop confrontation and industrial unrest.

I was somewhat amused by Ceefax referring to the Momentum Conference. I know it is still only a fringe group but they do appear to be taking over.

Of course they could shoot themselves in the foot as a general election may not go their way. We all know opinion polls cannot be relied on but they have not been going in Labour's favour recently.

I just hope that there is a sizeable backlash to them within the Labour movement or that the electorate don't fall for Labour's current hardline stance and blindly vote them into office.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

She is a deranged lunatic.

Momentum have taken over the Labour party and in my opinion most of them are hard liners and are bullies some maybe even d erranged somewhat goodness knows what will happen if Labour get into power I shudder to think

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 16 weeks ago

So much fear and loathing of Labour suggests they might be doing something right. If you don't like them, simply vote for someone else at the next election.

By *aravaggio  (M) 16 weeks ago

What did Jeremy say in his speech about it? Pound to a penny he never even referenced it, unlike most of his front bench colleagues who have been climbing over themselves to point out that a general strike is not Labour Party policy. I really wanted to listen to his speech, but found the allure of a cock to suck just too much …. I mean, listen to Corbyn waffle or service an appreciative cock …. c'mon! …

You didn't miss much Mr C. It was mostly waffle and very uninspiring waffle from a tired old man. He talked about uniting the country but most of his policies would divide it even further. Unless of course they united us all in mass bankruptcy.

XXX pic...
login to view

"So much fear and loathing of Labour suggests they might be doing something right. If you don't like them, simply vote for someone else at the next election."

I have seen no fear or loathing of Labour. Most of those who can see through Momentum's plans are in support of Labour and want Labour to continue as a very real party working for the people.

They don't want to see labour destroyed by Momentum or unions.

Well, banging on about the same thing at every opportunity is preaching to the converted. Surely better not to afford them the oxygen of publicity.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Well, banging on about the same thing at every opportunity is preaching to the converted. Surely better not to afford them the oxygen of publicity."

You could be right but I seriously believe that Momentum are, in many ways, evil beyond belief and will crucify Labour without giv8ng them a seconds thought and that worries me.

We need Labour and I would hate to see the party destroyed by momentum which will be likely to happen if Labour supporters/members don’t stop them.

I agree, but demonising a particular segment or person often has the effect of making them more popular. We humans are strange like that. Look at Blair - he was (rightly?) demonised but his popularity is on the up again

XXX pic...
login to view
By *jknight  (M) 16 weeks ago

what planet are you on

"I agree, but demonising a particular segment or person often has the effect of making them more popular. We humans are strange like that. Look at Blair - he was (rightly?) demonised but his popularity is on the up again "

Well by that argument hopefully Mr Corbyn and Co demonising the Conservatives and capitalism might make the current government and system more popular

You can always hope - if Blair can be revived and whitewashed anything is possible.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

Those tories are doing such a fine job , we must all do our duty to keep those fine folk in power.

The country needs to stand and applaud how much better we are now , those commies wont fool us

oh no.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 16 weeks ago

"You can always hope - if Blair can be revived and whitewashed anything is possible. "

The only place I want to see Blair stand is the dock at the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

I agree but he is still Teflon Tony.

By *annyboy87  (M) 16 weeks ago

"Well, banging on about the same thing at every opportunity is preaching to the converted. Surely better not to afford them the oxygen of publicity."

talking off banging on about the same thing at every opportunity

Have you noticed its the very same people banging on about labour, corbyn and momentum in negative ways that slammed me 8 weeks ago for exactly same thing but mrs may , conservative party .

Me personally cant see where its any different but i guess its one rule for and a different rule for others , but dont get bothered about it , not worth it . Just ignore it all

Afterall if noone is breaking any rules you can post on any subject , no need for anyone to get hostile if anyone posts a comment thats negative to whichever party

Some may think its a conservative forum with all labour threads that are popping up , but so what it mustcould mean labour is becoming a force and thats why they on everyone minds

Not only that they on news alot of late and good to give them a mention but no need for any hostility

"You can always hope - if Blair can be revived and whitewashed anything is possible.

The only place I want to see Blair stand is the dock at the International Criminal Court in The Hague."

I believe Mr Blair has been secretly tried for his crimes and handed a severe sentence---to spent the rest of his life with old slotgob.

XXX pic...
login to view

"You can always hope - if Blair can be revived and whitewashed anything is possible.

The only place I want to see Blair stand is the dock at the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

I believe Mr Blair has been secretly tried for his crimes and handed a severe sentence---to spent the rest of his life with old slotgob. "

Slotgob LOLOL. Blair is a bit of an enigma. Labour’s most successful leader but cocks up the NHS. Helps Bush start a war then wants to be a peace envoy. Now he seems to be like the Brexit vote with people divided 50/50 between hating him and wanting him back.

I see after one successful thread were there was no slagging off as come to an end

But its labour so its ok lol

By *awtyCawty  (M) 16 weeks ago

"Well, banging on about the same thing at every opportunity is preaching to the converted. Surely better not to afford them the oxygen of publicity.talking off banging on about the same thing at every opportunity

Have you noticed its the very same people banging on about labour, corbyn and momentum in negative ways that slammed me 8 weeks ago for exactly same thing but mrs may , conservative party .

Me personally cant see where its any different but i guess its one rule for and a different rule for others , but dont get bothered about it , not worth it . Just ignore it all

Afterall if noone is breaking any rules you can post on any subject , no need for anyone to get hostile if anyone posts a comment thats negative to whichever party

Some may think its a conservative forum with all labour threads that are popping up , but so what it mustcould mean labour is becoming a force and thats why they on everyone minds

Not only that they on news alot of late and good to give them a mention but no need for any hostility "

Or it just be that it’s the Labour Party conference this week you bellend.

"Well, banging on about the same thing at every opportunity is preaching to the converted. Surely better not to afford them the oxygen of publicity.talking off banging on about the same thing at every opportunity

Not only that they on news alot of late and good to give them a mention but no need for any hostility

Or it just be that it’s the Labour Party conference this week you bellend."

yes I can be a bell end and thanks I really didn’t know it was labour conference week. I must catch up with news oh silly me .

Thanks very much for information

Just one thing it’s all been labour this labour that for three weeks now so different when it’s other way around

XXX pic...
login to view

Or it just be that it’s the Labour Party conference this week you bellend. yes I can be a bell end and thanks I really didn’t know it was labour conference week. I must catch up with news oh silly me .

Just one thing it’s all been labour this labour that for three weeks now so different when it’s other way around

"

The other way round? It’s in your head methinks.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I agree, but demonising a particular segment or person often has the effect of making them more popular. We humans are strange like that. Look at Blair - he was (rightly?) demonised but his popularity is on the up again "

Or it just be that it’s the Labour Party conference this week you bellend. yes I can be a bell end and thanks I really didn’t know it was labour conference week. I must catch up with news oh silly me .

The other way round? It’s in your head methinks. "

no not in my head at all.

All crop that come my way then same people do same thing

XXX pic...
login to view

The other way round? It’s in your head methinks. no not in my head at all.

All crop that come my way then same people do same thing "

I hope your crop improves .. we have had a bit of rain which should help.

Moving on quickly lol ..............

The other way round? It’s in your head methinks. no not in my head at all.

Moving on quickly lol .............."

The Cottaging Official was right, just ignore him. He's incapable of hiding his paranoia.

"

Moving on quickly lol .............."

Could be a riding crop. I've heard some guys on here are into flagellation. Ouch!!!

XXX pic...
login to view

"

Moving on quickly lol ..............

Could be a riding crop. I've heard some guys on here are into flagellation. Ouch!!! "

I suppose the cat o' nine tails would be regarded as cruelty to animals

"Well, banging on about the same thing at every opportunity is preaching to the converted. Surely better not to afford them the oxygen of publicity.

You could be right but I seriously believe that Momentum are, in many ways, evil beyond belief and will crucify Labour without giv8ng them a seconds thought and that worries me.

We need Labour and I would hate to see the party destroyed by momentum which will be likely to happen if Labour supporters/members don’t stop them. "

Here is a question that I'd like answered. How do you vote for Labour, without voting for Momentum, given it's insidious workings? I have a feeling that they (Momentum) will go into "hiding", until AFTER any election.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 16 weeks ago

"Well, banging on about the same thing at every opportunity is preaching to the converted. Surely better not to afford them the oxygen of publicity.

We need Labour and I would hate to see the party destroyed by momentum which will be likely to happen if Labour supporters/members don’t stop them.

Here is a question that I'd like answered. How do you vote for Labour, without voting for Momentum, given it's insidious workings? I have a feeling that they (Momentum) will go into "hiding", until AFTER any election. "

Easy answer, you can't. A vote for Labour is a vote for Momentum. I'm convinced they are just positioning themselves waiting for the day. They aren't going to show their true colours until after Labour get in.

I rest my case about voting Labour.

I hear that Derek Hatton has been re-admitted into the Labour Party 35 years after Neil Kinnock expelled him. That speaks volumes about the way the Party is heading these days.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I hear that Derek Hatton has been re-admitted into the Labour Party 35 years after Neil Kinnock expelled him. That speaks volumes about the way the Party is heading these days."

signs of a fertile ground

You all are suckers for believing the scare mongering stories the conservatives are pumping out as their running scared as the tide is changing

XXX pic...
login to view

"You all are suckers for believing the scare mongering stories the conservatives are pumping out as their running scared as the tide is changing "

But it isn't the Conservatives is it. It is many. many more people than that including a great many in the Labour party who are also running scared of Momentum. It has become so bad within Labour itself that Momentum are oraganising easy ejection for anyone not standing with them.

The nation has a right to be running scared of Momentum no matter which party you support and those who remember the dark years under similar bullying tactics will be even more worried.

XXX pic...
login to view

danny. What it is about Momentum that you like so much? They are destroying Labour.

XXX pic...
login to view

"You all are suckers for believing the scare mongering stories the conservatives are pumping out as their running scared as the tide is changing

But it isn't the Conservatives is it. It is many. many more people than that including a great many in the Labour party who are also running scared of Momentum. It has become so bad within Labour itself that Momentum are oraganising easy ejection for anyone not standing with them.

The nation has a right to be running scared of Momentum no matter which party you support and those who remember the dark years under similar bullying tactics will be even more worried."

The new generation won't remember the dark days - that's who momentum is trying to recruit - those who believe their spiel; us old timers have seen what damage mismanaged unions in cahoots with the Labour Party can do.

"danny. What it is about Momentum that you like so much? They are destroying Labour."

please point out where I’ve said I like momentum as I don’t believe I have ever said that .

Persumeing things because I say things negative about conservatives doesn’t mean I’m momentum or labour.

And of course conservatives are using media to blow everything out of proportion to scare people , it’s what all parties do . And people are suckers for believing it all

XXX pic...
login to view

"danny. What it is about Momentum that you like so much? They are destroying Labour. please point out where I’ve said I like momentum as I don’t believe I have ever said that .

Persumeing things because I say things negative about conservatives doesn’t mean I’m momentum or labour.

And of course conservatives are using media to blow everything out of proportion to scare people , it’s what all parties do . And people are suckers for believing it all "

This thread is about Momentum not any political party .. although Momentum are a serious politic force!

You regular criticism of Conservatives is fair enough as we all have our preferences although I can't remember seeing the same criticisms of Labour which might leave even the most naive to believe your loyalty might lie with Labour.

Are you saying you disapprove of momentum and the way they are destroying Labour???

"You all are suckers for believing the scare mongering stories the conservatives are pumping out as their running scared as the tide is changing

The nation has a right to be running scared of Momentum no matter which party you support and those who remember the dark years under similar bullying tactics will be even more worried.

The new generation won't remember the dark days - that's who momentum is trying to recruit - those who believe their spiel; us old timers have seen what damage mismanaged unions in cahoots with the Labour Party can do."

This is very true. Anyone under the age of 55---50 at a push---is not going to remember the dark days of the '70s with things like the 3 day week, the Winter of Discontent, the General Secretary of the TUC calling the tune over the weak Prime Minister, wildcat strikes, galloping inflation, high taxation, the country constantly begging money off the IMF etc. etc. We do not want to return to those bleak days but that is what Momentum does.

I am not a Momentum supporter but all the bashing on here makes me think they must have something worthwhile to offer to prompt such hysteria. I must have a closer look to see exactly what it is that has the Tories so frightened. But another party conference next week so there should be lots of positive threads extolling the virtues of our beloved leader and her party.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 16 weeks ago

In my experience long-term core labour supporters are more afraid of momentum than any Tory sympathiser.

Tory voters I know are more than happy to see momentum get the oxygen of publicity as they truly believe if they are exposed it will make labour unelectable.

"danny. What it is about Momentum that you like so much? They are destroying Labour. please point out where I’ve said I like momentum as I don’t believe I have ever said that .

And of course conservatives are using media to blow everything out of proportion to scare people , it’s what all parties do . And people are suckers for believing it all

This thread is about Momentum not any political party .. although Momentum are a serious politic force!

You regular criticism of Conservatives is fair enough as we all have our preferences although I can't remember seeing the same criticisms of Labour which might leave even the most naive to believe your loyalty might lie with Labour.

Are you saying you disapprove of momentum and the way they are destroying Labour???"

like I’ve said on many occasions I’m not bothered what labour do as it’s not them in power is it , not labour I’ve voted for most of my life , and not labour that made me feel let down

If Labour was in power and it was them that made me feel that way I’d criticise those to

And no don’t agree with momentum but believe it’s all getting all blown out of proportion by conservatives this forum sort of proves it

As it’s all conservatives followers that is kicking up a stink about it not labour

I would think if it was as bad as you conservative followers are making out and constantly going on about thread after thread after thread labour followers would be saying something

"In my experience long-term core labour supporters are more afraid of momentum than any Tory sympathiser.

Tory voters I know are more than happy to see momentum get the oxygen of publicity as they truly believe if they are exposed it will make labour unelectable."

and that’s why conservatives are pumping out all scare mongering stories

Not saying momentum is not bad but it is all getting blown out of proportion by conservative media and you all know it

Admit running scared that your precious party will win next election especially after just getting in by skin of teeth last time around lolol

XXX pic...
login to view

That is what so many of us are saying Danny. We WANT a strong Labour party.

If you agree that Momentum is bad then why are you not angry that they are destroying Labour?

"That is what so many of us are saying Danny. We WANT a strong Labour party.

If you agree that Momentum is bad then why are you not angry that they are destroying Labour?"

but are there really seems to me it’s conservatives that’s scared for some reason and don’t tell me that they bothered about labour

Like you said why aren’t Labour followers saying anything

XXX pic...
login to view

Of course the Conservatives are not bothered about Labour and the more militants, Trotskys, Communists and Extremists that infiltrate Labour I'm sure the happier the opposition will be.

However most of the populatiion do not have a blind allegiance to just one party but want aparty that will help everyone which includes the wealthy, businesses, the poor, the disadvantaged and the category most of us probably fit into of ordinary hard workers earning a living and providing something for our childred and grandchildren.

MOMENTUM want to take that way. HATTON wants to take that away. Anyone who wants to see a strong and fair Labour party should be fighting tooth and nail to stop the pary being destroyed or even worse morphing into some old militant extremist party serving the few and forgetting the many.

If you agree that Momentum is bad then why are you not angry that they are destroying Labour? but are there really seems to me it’s conservatives that’s scared for some reason and don’t tell me that they bothered about labour

Like you said why aren’t Labour followers saying anything "

I would imagine a lot of normal Labour Party supporters, voters and would be voters are very unhappy about Momentum worming its way into the Labour Party. We are hearing a few Labour voices expressing concern. Frank Field, Kate Hoey, Chuka Ummuna to mention but three. You may not hear it at parties conferences because they are attended by a diligent few and tend to be a bit extreme whichever party it is.

" ....seems to me it’s conservatives that’s scared for some reason and don’t tell me that they bothered about labour "

As usual you're becoming the victim of muddled thinking. It's ridiculous to suggest that the Conservatives are scared of Labour, but what sensible person wouldn't be concerned about the idea of Labour winning the next General Election with Momentum, along with the likes of McCluskey, dictating their policies?

By *orum reader   premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

If you agree that Momentum is bad then why are you not angry that they are destroying Labour? but are there really seems to me it’s conservatives that’s scared for some reason and don’t tell me that they bothered about labour

Like you said why aren’t Labour followers saying anything "

Lots of labour supporters who are worried about momentum gave left the party as it's been taken over by extremists

Derek Hatton being a prime example

" ....seems to me it’s conservatives that’s scared for some reason and don’t tell me that they bothered about labour

As usual you're becoming the victim of muddled thinking. It's ridiculous to suggest that the Conservatives are scared of Labour, but what sensible person wouldn't be concerned about the idea of Labour winning the next General Election with Momentum, along with the likes of McCluskey, dictating their policies?"

people may be concerned but people are getting obsessive about it , really obsessive every thread obsessive

As you said to me worrying

XXX pic...
login to view

" ....seems to me it’s conservatives that’s scared for some reason and don’t tell me that they bothered about labour

As usual you're becoming the victim of muddled thinking. It's ridiculous to suggest that the Conservatives are scared of Labour, but what sensible person wouldn't be concerned about the idea of Labour winning the next General Election with Momentum, along with the likes of McCluskey, dictating their policies? people may be concerned but people are getting obsessive about it , really obsessive every thread obsessive

As you said to me worrying "

Dont you think people SHOULD be getting obsessive about it?

"to sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men" - Abraham Lincoln

" ...people are getting obsessive about it , really obsessive every thread obsessive "

You're a fine one to talk about people getting obsessive!

" ...people are getting obsessive about it , really obsessive every thread obsessive

You're a fine one to talk about people getting obsessive! "

see what I mean I get called obsessive for going on about conservatives but so different when it’s labour

I rest my case

XXX pic...
login to view

" ...people are getting obsessive about it , really obsessive every thread obsessive

You're a fine one to talk about people getting obsessive! see what I mean I get called obsessive for going on about conservatives but so different when it’s labour

I rest my case "

You could rest your case if others were going on about Labour .. but they are NOT going on about Labour they are going on about MOMENTUM who you have also sdaid you would not support. I presume from that you can see the dangers of an extreme left wing pressure group harming Labour.

You're a fine one to talk about people getting obsessive! see what I mean I get called obsessive for going on about conservatives but so different when it’s labour

I rest my case

You could rest your case if others were going on about Labour .. but they are NOT going on about Labour they are going on about MOMENTUM who you have also sdaid you would not support. I presume from that you can see the dangers of an extreme left wing pressure group harming Labour."

I don’t recall saying I’d sopport labour

Either way threads are getting obsessive very obsessive, just like threads was accused of being obsessive few months back

Momentum is bad for labour and every one else I would think everyone has got message by now lol

XXX pic...
login to view

"Momentum is bad for labour and every one else I would think everyone has got message by now"

Yes that is precisely the point Danny.

We need to get rid of Momentum to save Labour. We need to get rid of Momentum infiltrators such as Hatton who will be working to destroy Labour from within.

PLEASE do be obsessive about this as it is not only Labour they will destroy it is the whole of the country.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

Comrades, lets not fight with each other like

wot them fascist tories do.

"Comrades, lets not fight with each other like

wot them fascist tories do."

Some people on here have obsessions with certain words - fascist is one of them. Hypocritical is another one favoured by a certain individual.

What’s the point in being obsessive about on here everyone that usually uses this forum will have got message by now . Yes it’s in news so very current

But do you remember June this year I was posting threads on conservatives and brexit and of course mrs May but she is leader nothing personal

I was set upon about being obsessive and rest of nastiness that came my way and no I’m not being paranoid read through old threads stands out like soar thumb . I admit I did start looking obsessed reason why I stopped

But all the ones that pulled me up for it are doing the same thing now just it’s momentum and labour so I thought I’d return the favour and tell your getting obsessive I listened you all your advice think it’s time you all listened to your own advice

That’s all from me I wish every single one of you a good weekend and good health

Some people on here have obsessions with certain words - fascist is one of them. Hypocritical is another one favoured by a certain individual. "

lolol very funny

There’s a reason I use that word hypocritical a lot , because there’s a lot of it on here lol now have a good weekend mate

Some people on here have obsessions with certain words - fascist is one of them. Hypocritical is another one favoured by a certain individual. "

True that some people like the word hypocritical and also true that hypocrisy is favoured by other people. Reminds me of the old song that says 'you can't have one without the other'. When hypocrisy is apparent the word hypocritical is bound to be used too.

Some people on here have obsessions with certain words - fascist is one of them. Hypocritical is another one favoured by a certain individual. lolol very funny

There’s a reason I use that word hypocritical a lot , because there’s a lot of it on here lol now have a good weekend mate "

You're right, though you will now be called the other favourite word (paranoid) as it will be claimed that the barbs are not aimed at you. Just because they've got it in for you doesn't mean you're paranoid

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iscovery602   premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

Comrades, isn't that what Stalin said, vote Labour it might happen here, Brothers.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Speaking at Momentums World Transformed meeting Labour MP Laura Smith Calls For First General Strike Since 1926 To Bring Down The Government.

All political parties need to have the central ground if they wish to be elected and while Labour stay further and further left they will have no chance the same as when the conservatives had no chance when to far right unfortunately it takes a while for things to change back but in the case of momentum there will he no party to bring back

Hopefully the moderates in the Labour party will leave to form a new party who can offer a proper opposition ( every government of any hue needs good opposition)"

This is the message I keep trying to get across. I have not met anyone who is a big fan of the extremist group Momentum and almost everyone I know shudders at the thought of this evil mob ever gaining a foothold in this country.

As you say, they are do8ng a good job of destroying Labour and sadly it seems that the moderates in Labour either haven’t got the guts or can’t be bothered to fight them.

I would hate to think that anyone in Labour thinks “I detest Momentum but they might help Labour win an election” because once Momentum become powerful you will see all the unions falling into line and then councils being told what to do .......the beginning of the end !

" You're right, though you will now be called the other favourite word (paranoid) as it will be claimed that the barbs are not aimed at you. Just because they've got it in for you doesn't mean you're paranoid "

Oh but he is - seriously so! His behaviour reminds me of Kenneth Williams' famous line from 'Carry on Cleo'

"Infamy, Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"

I respectfully suggest that it is highly inappropriate to label someone you don't know as having a serious mental health condition on a public forum. Just saying.

Some people on here have obsessions with certain words - fascist is one of them. Hypocritical is another one favoured by a certain individual. lolol very funny

There’s a reason I use that word hypocritical a lot , because there’s a lot of it on here lol now have a good weekend mate

You're right, though you will now be called the other favourite word (paranoid) as it will be claimed that the barbs are not aimed at you. Just because they've got it in for you doesn't mean you're paranoid "

just ignore pal they live in cloud cuckoo land you myself and plenty of others see what they are like ,

You got to feel sorry for them really so just ignore them, that’s what I’m gonna do just ignore take pity

Just stay healthy and happy and have a good weekend

Thanks and you. I think you are very kind not to report him for labelling you 'seriously paranoid', but that just shows you are the better person.

XXX pic...
login to view

Hopefully the moderates in the Labour party will leave to form a new party who can offer a proper opposition ( every government of any hue needs good opposition)

This is the message I keep trying to get across. I have not met anyone who is a big fan of the extremist group Momentum and almost everyone I know shudders at the thought of this evil mob ever gaining a foothold in this country.

As you say, they are do8ng a good job of destroying Labour and sadly it seems that the moderates in Labour either haven’t got the guts or can’t be bothered to fight them.

I would hate to think that anyone in Labour thinks “I detest Momentum but they might help Labour win an election” because once Momentum become powerful you will see all the unions falling into line and then councils being told what to do .......the beginning of the end ! "

I say this about Hatton attempting to recruit councils to presssure government by becoming powerful by join8ng forces because Hatton himself has said this.

"Thanks and you. I think you are very kind not to report him for labelling you 'seriously paranoid', but that just shows you are the better person."

well thanks for kind comments

But seriously just ignore they have proved they just not worth it

XXX pic...
login to view

I would hate to think that anyone in Labour thinks “I detest Momentum but they might help Labour win an election” because once Momentum become powerful you will see all the unions falling into line and then councils being told what to do .......the beginning of the end !

I say this about Hatton attempting to recruit councils to presssure government by becoming powerful by join8ng forces because Hatton himself has said this. "

Sorry. Lots of sidetracking.

And so it goes on....

"Labour MP Chris Leslie has lost a vote of no confidence among members of his constituency party in Nottingham East.

The former shadow chancellor is the latest of a number of vocal critics of party leader Jeremy Corbyn to face such votes"

You'd have to be blind, stupid or wilfully ignorant to see what's behind it. Fortunately these 'No Confidence' votes carry no official weight within the Labour Party - at the moment - but recent changes to party rules make it easier to remove sitting MPs so it's pretty obvious which way this is going.

"And so it goes on....

"Labour MP Chris Leslie has lost a vote of no confidence among members of his constituency party in Nottingham East.

The former shadow chancellor is the latest of a number of vocal critics of party leader Jeremy Corbyn to face such votes"

You'd have to be blind, stupid or wilfully ignorant to see what's behind it. Fortunately these 'No Confidence' votes carry no official weight within the Labour Party - at the moment - but recent changes to party rules make it easier to remove sitting MPs so it's pretty obvious which way this is going."

Interesting. The other week Chris Leslie was being mooted as a possible leader of a new breakaway 'social democratic party'

XXX pic...
login to view

The Momentum plan is quite obvious but no-one seems to have the guts to do anything.

Build up as bigger fan base of extremists as they can find. Infiltrate Labour with their followers. Oust Labour members and anyone not toeing the Momentum line.

Then Oust Jeremy or possibly keep him on as a figurehead.

Then it starts. Industrial unrest .. I bet the first on strike will be the railways. Then unrest with mobs stirred up in the streets, mostly drunken students withe professional thugs leading them on (we have all seen these riots in the past). Then come the picket lines .. the (illegal) flying pickets paid for by Momentum. And on and on it goes just like previous times when Communist elements infiltrated (or run) the unions and then Labour as we know it is just pissing in the wind while their strings are being pulled.

We NEED a strong Labour party. A party with the guts to stand up for what it has always represented which is the ordinary working man like you and me. Not the elitist, extemist minority who are now calling the shots.

The railway is in a dark hole now so quite obvious something may happen there and be easy to pin it on momentum

Conservatives have been in power for eight years what have they done about it or doing about it ,as mrs May is to busy with strictly

I believe momentum is bad but edvidence have you got that says that they will be riots as I would like to see it

We NEED a strong Labour party. A party with the guts to stand up for what it has always represented which is the ordinary working man like you and me

Yes you are right there we do need a strong labour as it’s the complete opposite to what conservatives stand for

XXX pic...
login to view

// We NEED a strong Labour party. A party with the guts to stand up for what it has always represented which is the ordinary working man like you and me //

Well said Danny - the more of us believing that the better.

"The Momentum plan is quite obvious but no-one seems to have the guts to do anything.

Build up as bigger fan base of extremists as they can find. Infiltrate Labour with their followers. Oust Labour members and anyone not toeing the Momentum line.

Then it starts. Industrial unrest .. I bet the first on strike will be the railways. Then unrest with mobs stirred up in the streets, mostly drunken students withe professional thugs leading them on (we have all seen these riots in the past). Then come the picket lines .. the (illegal) flying pickets paid for by Momentum. And on and on it goes just like previous times when Communist elements infiltrated (or run) the unions and then Labour as we know it is just pissing in the wind while their strings are being pulled.

We NEED a strong Labour party. A party with the guts to stand up for what it has always represented which is the ordinary working man like you and me. Not the elitist, extemist minority who are now calling the shots."

All sounds very much like a potential post-Brexit scenario anyway whoever is in power at the time.

XXX pic...
login to view

//Interesting. The other week Chris Leslie was being mooted as a possible leader of a new breakaway 'social democratic party'//

interesting indeed nk.

"The Momentum plan is quite obvious but no-one seems to have the guts to do anything.

We NEED a strong Labour party. A party with the guts to stand up for what it has always represented which is the ordinary working man like you and me. Not the elitist, extemist minority who are now calling the shots.

All sounds very much like a potential post-Brexit scenario anyway whoever is in power at the time."

you know what you are probably right there

By you know what it won’t be down to conservatives they be saying it’s momentum

But end of day it’s all speculation where’s the evidence that momentum will cause riots. Was these crystal ball bought on eBay as I want one and sure a lot of others would to

XXX pic...
login to view

All sounds very much like a potential post-Brexit scenario anyway whoever is in power at the time."

I'm sure you are right. not much is likely to happen before Brexit as I dont see anyone wanting to take any responsibility when it all goes pear shaped. I've given up thinking too much about Brexit as it happened but now we would be in the shit whether we stay or go so I try not to dwell!!

I think the riots are inevitable as that has always been the way of the extreme left and I don't need a crystal ball (as one member mentioned) to know the obvious. I've seen too many riots on picket lines and streets and every one of them stirrred up by professional sar left extremists.

If Labourv are taken over by Momentum in the way the unions were and the Old Labour was many years ago then I am afraid they will implode as a political party and be just part of the mob.

Then we will have an unopposed Conservative party running things for another 20 years as Labour reform. surely nobody wants that.

No no one wants that but if we got an Conservative party that was for the people not just make it look like they doing it for people by showing false stats to cover up the truth, and get an strong leader and notjust look out for themselves and millionaires that support them

Then maybe a conservative future just might not be that bad and maybe riots will be caused to get the cons out so riots just maybe the future anyways

XXX pic...
login to view

"No no one wants that but if we got an Conservative party that was for the people not just make it look like they doing it for people by showing false stats to cover up the truth, and get an strong leader and notjust look out for themselves and millionaires that support them

Then maybe a conservative future just might not be that bad and maybe riots will be caused to get the cons out so riots just maybe the future anyways "

Umm errr ?

XXX pic...
login to view

The new generation won't remember the dark days - that's who momentum is trying to recruit - those who believe their spiel; us old timers have seen what damage mismanaged unions in cahoots with the Labour Party can do.

This is very true. Anyone under the age of 55---50 at a push---is not going to remember the dark days of the '70s with things like the 3 day week, the Winter of Discontent, the General Secretary of the TUC calling the tune over the weak Prime Minister, wildcat strikes, galloping inflation, high taxation, the country constantly begging money off the IMF etc. etc. We do not want to return to those bleak days but that is what Momentum does."

XXX pic...
login to view
By *aked4u2   profile verified by photo (M) 16 weeks ago

I wonder what the level of workers who are in a Trade Union is nowadays ?

I wonder how that stupid woman thinks a general strike could be called in this day and age? It might have worked years ago but now unions have to ballot their members before taking any sort of industrial action. She needs to remember that a 'closed shop' is no longer allowed and not every union member is a Labour supporter, so the chances of getting the required majority vote is quite slim. I've been a member of the RMT and it's predecessor the NUR for nearly 40 years and have been a staff representative for many of those years. I firmly believe that it's important to belong to a union in order to have the support when it comes to pay and discipline issues. What I will NOT do though is support any action in aid of political issues outside of the workplace and I'd resign from the union before being expected to join any such action.

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

Going back to the O/P for a moment, it's interesting to compare the root cause of the 1926 strike (an attempt to reduce the wages and increase the hours of coal miners) to what's behind this woman's rant:

She said "If we can’t get a general election, we should organise with our brothers and sisters in the trade unions to bring an end to this government with a general strike,”"

A general strike is not an industrial dispute. It is a revolutionary move which can only succeed by destroying the government and subverting the rights and liberties of the people, so how many workers today would be prepared to support that sort of action? It's also interesting to read that the then leaders of the Labour Party were unhappy about the proposed general strike because they were aware of the revolutionary elements within the union movement and of the damage that the association would do to the party's new reputation as a party of government.

A close parallel to what's happening today then, except that the current leaders of the Labour Party seem to have no problem with accommodating Momentum. Obviously their predecessors had more sense.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

Laura Smith is a rather silly woman to say the least. I doubt she even knows what the 1926 general strike was about. She is probably thinking more in terms of the 1974 miners strike that did effectively bring down the Heath government. Scargill thought he was going to do the same 10 years later but failed miserably. This stupid girl clearly does not believe in democracy or how the British political system works.

Even if there was a general election there is no guarantee Labour would win and the tiniest swing to the Conservatives would wipe out Ms Smith's very slender majority.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

Keep that red flag flying comrades, The revolution

is only a dream away. Lets try for a fairer future. Dont listen to the nay sayers. You are the future .

By *annyboy87  (M) 15 weeks ago

"Keep that red flag flying comrades, The revolution

is only a dream away. Lets try for a fairer future. Dont listen to the nay sayers. You are the future ."

keep quiet you have conservative apologists shaking in fear , already have major headaches having to think of what bollocks to spread next to scare people .

Already obsessive about momentum in an unhealthy way lol

is only a dream away. Lets try for a fairer future. Dont listen to the nay sayers. You are the future ."

so you have noticed how obsessive the conservative apologists have got ,

I say if momentum was anywhere near as bad as the conservative apologists makeout then why isnt labour sopporters up in arms because how they comes across Armageddon is coming

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinesque  (M) 15 weeks ago

""...how they comes across Armageddon is coming" "

Yeah, but it's not the end of the world!

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 15 weeks ago

The moderates in Labour are waiting for a repeat of 1983 where an unpopular Tory government wins a landslide because the alternative is far worse.

John McDonnell has already announced the policy that will lose Labour the next election.

I’m sure many people will support the idea Labour will take 10% of companies from the Fat Cats and give it to the workers who actually make the business a success. That is until they realise that most of those FatCats are pension funds and what he is giving the workers is 10% of your pension pot.

I am sure many of the young radicals who don’t have pension pots will think it’s a good idea but anyone who has been saving for their retirement might not want to give away there hard earned money for the sake of a political gesture.

is only a dream away. Lets try for a fairer future. Dont listen to the nay sayers. You are the future . keep quiet you have conservative apologists shaking in fear , already have major headaches having to think of what bollocks to spread next to scare people .

Already obsessive about momentum in an unhealthy way lol"

I've always thought you were a closet Momentum supporter and that comment does little to persuade me otherwise.

"The moderates in Labour are waiting for a repeat of 1983 where an unpopular Tory government wins a landslide because the alternative is far worse.

John McDonnell has already announced the policy that will lose Labour the next election.

I’m sure many people will support the idea Labour will take 10% of companies from the Fat Cats and give it to the workers who actually make the business a success. That is until they realise that most of those FatCats are pension funds and what he is giving the workers is 10% of your pension pot.

I am sure many of the young radicals who don’t have pension pots will think it’s a good idea but anyone who has been saving for their retirement might not want to give away there hard earned money for the sake of a political gesture.

"

Revolution my arse! This is Britain, not Russia or some tin-pot Eastern European country.

By *aravaggio  (M) 15 weeks ago

As soon as anyone mentions the miner's strikes, I brace myself for an outpouring of garbage, because unless you've lived through the period as an adult, you have no idea as to the prevailing attitudes that abounded, you only have interested parties versions. So, when I hear talk of the general strike of 1926, I actually quake in my boots, because I'm pretty confident that nobody on here was anywhere near adulthood when that took place, therefore all that can be spouted are the history books, and as we all know (well, most of us) history is written from a perspective of hand me down tales, and can be miles away from then truth.

"As soon as anyone mentions the miner's strikes, I brace myself for an outpouring of garbage, because unless you've lived through the period as an adult, you have no idea as to the prevailing attitudes that abounded, you only have interested parties versions. So, when I hear talk of the general strike of 1926, I actually quake in my boots, because I'm pretty confident that nobody on here was anywhere near adulthood when that took place, therefore all that can be spouted are the history books, and as we all know (well, most of us) history is written from a perspective of hand me down tales, and can be miles away from then truth. "

very well said mr c

Some on here you would think there was there how they go on about it and of course if a conservative wrote it , it will favour conservatives same with labour etc

"As soon as anyone mentions the miner's strikes, I brace myself for an outpouring of garbage, because unless you've lived through the period as an adult, you have no idea as to the prevailing attitudes that abounded, you only have interested parties versions. So, when I hear talk of the general strike of 1926, I actually quake in my boots, because I'm pretty confident that nobody on here was anywhere near adulthood when that took place, therefore all that can be spouted are the history books, and as we all know (well, most of us) history is written from a perspective of hand me down tales, and can be miles away from then truth. "

History is subjective. There may be the odd centenian who can vaguely remember the 1926 general strike as a child but I doubt it. However a good many of us do remember the miners strikes that dogged the Heath government and brought the country to a virtual standstill. Even more will remember the 1984 miners strike although it had far less impact on the country and did nothing to destabilise Mrs Thatcher's government which was the intent of some. I doubt Ms Smith remembers any of them.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

"Laura Smith is a rather silly woman to say the least. I doubt she even knows what the 1926 general strike was about. She is probably thinking more in terms of the 1974 miners strike that did effectively bring down the Heath government. Scargill thought he was going to do the same 10 years later but failed miserably. This stupid girl clearly does not believe in democracy or how the British political system works.

Even if there was a general election there is no guarantee Labour would win and the tiniest swing to the Conservatives would wipe out Ms Smith's very slender majority."

She speaks like an imbecile but even stupid people with scant knowledge can be a danger to the rest of us.

The 1926 strike was a disaster for both the nation and the strikers. Scargills later violent attempt just brought misery to the miners he conned into fighting his personal battle and when they realised this, and the fact he was spending THEIR money which had been donated for food, on his professional well paid flying pickets, they left his commie union in droves.

Strikes and violence will never ensure the same changes for the better which have been brought about be negotiation and peaceful means.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 15 weeks ago

is only a dream away. Lets try for a fairer future. Dont listen to the nay sayers. You are the future .so you have noticed how obsessive the conservative apologists have got ,

I say if momentum was anywhere near as bad as the conservative apologists makeout then why isnt labour sopporters up in arms because how they comes across Armageddon is coming "

you're entitled to your Armageddon Danny because you haven't had one yet. Maybe once you've been in one you'll realise how inconvenient and disruptive it is to your neat little life.

Maybe some people deserve momentum

I remember the strikes and the power cuts of the Scargill/Thatcher era - that was fairly bad, but how bad would it be for today's generation with their absolute dependence on electrickery for your little social lives and your interactions.

fucking hell, they might have to actually talk to peaple

"

I remember the strikes and the power cuts of the Scargill/Thatcher era - that was fairly bad, but how bad would it be for today's generation with their absolute dependence on electrickery for your little social lives and your interactions.

fucking hell, they might have to actually talk to people"

I certainly remember all that. Plus the decimation of British industry by constant wildcat strikes. In particular I remember the 'winter of discontent' as I was involved in helping keep some essential things running whilst the then government looked helplessly on. The predecessors of Momentum were behind most of the country's woes then so the last thing we want is them back now. Concern about the apparent rise in Momentum's influence cuts right across party lines.

is only a dream away. Lets try for a fairer future. Dont listen to the nay sayers. You are the future .so you have noticed how obsessive the conservative apologists have got ,

I say if momentum was anywhere near as bad as the conservative apologists makeout then why isnt labour sopporters up in arms because how they comes across Armageddon is coming

you're entitled to your Armageddon Danny because you haven't had one yet. Maybe once you've been in one you'll realise how inconvenient and disruptive it is to your neat little life.

fucking hell, they might have to actually talk to peaple"

can you tell me 100% that these things that you conservatives keep bringing up is definitely going to happen

And furthermore how your doing it as I would pay good money to look in future

As people are living in past and speculating it will happen again

And why is it seem like it’s only conservatives kicking up a stink if any labour sopporters read this please give your views on this apparent future the conservatives are saying we are going to have

Come on it’s all one sided come have your say

XXX pic...
login to view

fucking hell, they might have to actually talk to peaple can you tell me 100% that these things that you conservatives keep bringing up is definitely going to happen

And why is it seem like it’s only conservatives kicking up a stink if any labour sopporters read this please give your views on this apparent future the conservatives are saying we are going to have

Come on it’s all one sided come have your say "

I'm not sure if I can understand what answers you want Danny.

You come on the offensive because you want to know; I can understand that, but we don't know what's going to happen.

If I had a crystal ball and I could see what was happening, I wouldn't tell you anyway

Just for your information, I usually can't understand what the hell you're going on about.

I hope you don't take it personally, it's just that I'm getting old and I need to think about what I'm typing (and spell-check) otherwise it dribbles out of the side of the keyboard.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

//can you tell me 100% that these things that you conservatives keep bringing up is definitely going to happen

Come on it’s all one sided come have your say//

I will try to answer your queries. Although I’m not an avid supporter of Labour I don’t support the

Conservatives either so like to take a neutral stance.

Quite obviously nobody will be predicting the future 100% but many can take an educated guess judging by past and present occurrences.

I don’t see people living in the past speculating but I do see many (of all polical colours) who lived through some past events which were quite horrific not wanting to see the same mistakes repeated today. If they see the same extremist groups saying the same extremist things then it is a good, maybe obvious, reason to fear the same things happening again.

You have said before that you only see Conservatives commenting but that is your own blindness. There are plenty of comments from Labour and Conservatives and also those with no political axe to grind. Maybe they are simply not saying what you want to hear.

I hope that helps.

You have said before that you only see Conservatives commenting but that is your own blindness. There are plenty of comments from Labour and Conservatives and also those with no political axe to grind. Maybe they are simply not saying what you want to hear.

After reading through thread almost all have either just defended conservatives or said that they are

But your right I was wrong to presume or speculate that they all conservative that’s where speculation can get you

XXX pic...
login to view

anyway, back to the OP; Momentum are keeping quiet behind the skirts of the Labour Party and just biding their time in my opinion - heaven help us all if the Conservatives lose the next election.

Add a new message to this topic