New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login367302 members (131 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Leave or Remain?

See newest message in thread

Leave or Remain?

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Everytime I've seen friends or been to some social occasion - Brexit seems to come up and spark a heated debate!

Im just curious what peoples views are, whether you want to leave or remain - but your reasons for your views.

Also if your view has changed since the referendum and whether you would vote differently today.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

XXX pic...
login to view
By *asque   premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 16 weeks ago

we voted once the choice of the votes was leave

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 16 weeks ago

Psssst! there is another forum for this endless and rather tedious discussion. It's called 'Politics'. Bit of a giveaway really

*reshMeatKent By *reshMeatKent  (M) 16 weeks ago

All utterly irrelevant as the decision has already been made at a referendum.

The Swiss have been negotiating for 5 years because the EU wants to change the employment laws of the Swiss to allow them to use the EU market. Dictators who want to punish us for having to audacity to want to rule ourselves.

"All utterly irrelevant as the decision has already been made at a referendum.

The Swiss have been negotiating for 5 years because the EU wants to change the employment laws of the Swiss to allow them to use the EU market. Dictators who want to punish us for having to audacity to want to rule ourselves."

what rules do you want changing once we've left then?

By *xford bottom  (M) 16 weeks ago

"what rules do you want changing once we've left then?"

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 16 weeks ago

"what rules do you want changing once we've left then?"

That is a very good question. I quite liked your original post from the point of view of knowing WHY people feel the way they do but sadly both Remainers and Leavers seem to give the same old rhetoric without any substance.

It would be great to see someone (not me) say .. that law sectyion 15 which prevents abc happening is all wrong and by staying/leaving we vcan change it so that it will mean xyz .. that would be a revelation but I dont think either group ahs a real clue lol.

*reshMeatKent By *reshMeatKent  (M) 16 weeks ago

For a start the ability to negotiate our own trade deals without having to get the restrictive approval of the EU and have an agreement that 37 nations have to agree to. The EU would have to lower prices to sell to us, as they have a protectionist pricing while giving out subsidies that they do not want individual governments who deal with them to be able to do. One of the reasons they can't strike a deal with the Swiss.

Have our own courts have jurisdiction for the UK, not the European Court.

Determine our own fishing waters.

The ability to control our own borders rather than the EU controlling who can come to this country.

It is not our job to pay to upgrade other countries, such as building a train system in Turkey after we paid to build the roads in Spain. That's what our contribution is used for.

We do not wish to be a part of a federal superstate, which is the objective of the EU - central control.

A tip of the iceberg and far too big an issue for here.

How we leave is the only issue now and they want to punish us to stop other countries following suit and the breakup of the EU. Who says so, the second biggest party in Germany to the German parliament.

XXX pic...
login to view

"For a start the ability to negotiate our own trade deals without having to get the restrictive approval of the EU and have an agreement that 37 nations have to agree to. The EU would have to lower prices to sell to us, as they have a protectionist pricing while giving out subsidies that they do not want individual governments who deal with them to be able to do. One of the reasons they can't strike a deal with the Swiss.

The ability to control our own borders rather than the EU controlling who can come to this country.

It is not our job to pay to upgrade other countries, such as building a train system in Turkey after we paid to build the roads in Spain. That's what our contribution is used for.

We do not wish to be a part of a federal superstate, which is the objective of the EU - central control.

How we leave is the only issue now and they want to punish us to stop other countries following suit and the breakup of the EU. Who says so, the second biggest party in Germany to the German parliament.

"

Good points but leaving aside the rhetoric ......

Do you have an example of one particular section of train and how we would change the deals we get and how it would affect us financially.

Can you think of one law which we would change which the EU has prevented us changing and how it would affect us.

What do you think will happen to the fishing waters?

XXX pic...
login to view

Train = trade.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ikkey69  (M) 16 weeks ago

The only people who want another referendum are the people who voted to remain in the first place !!

We are a democracy..... that means when we the people are asked by the government to make a choice by voting on an issue, then the majority who vote and make a choice on what they want wins !!!!

Those that dont vote and refuse to vote, then have no say in the matter EVER !!

What part of “ We want to leave the EU and its what the majority of people want”. Dont you understand !!!!!

Get a life !!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ickyboy  (M) 16 weeks ago

i have to say i totally agree with that and also dont understand why some dont

By *annyboy87  (M) 16 weeks ago

Very well said mikkyboy

"Have our own courts have jurisdiction for the UK, not the European Court.

We do not wish to be a part of a federal superstate, which is the objective of the EU - central control."

Those items alone are worth the vote to Leave and I think most of those that voted that way did so on that basis. Regrettably we've been wedded to the wretched organization for so long that there are now so many matters to untangle ourselves from. Trade appears to be the stumbling block but it's only a small part of the whole business of leaving. For me, removing the interference of the ECJ from our affairs alone is well worth the effort - we have a perfectly sound legal system of our own and have no need whatsoever for European judges to get involved.

XXX pic...
login to view

no matter your view on this we all had the choice . so now its up to us all to make it work .and if we all pull in the same direction maybe it will but for sure if we talk it down and say it will go wrong then you can bet it will . its about time everyone in this country pulled in the same direction

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 16 weeks ago

It is wishful thinking to say that everyone should now get behind Brexit as almost half of those who voted in the referendum don't want it. You may as well say that we have a particular party in government so should now all support the same party.

XXX pic...
login to view

what im saying is if we all dont pull in the same direction it will go wrong for sure . the votes where counted and its not going to change so unless we make it work it will be bad news for everyone no matter what you voted

XXX pic...
login to view

"what rules do you want changing once we've left then?

That is a very good question. I quite liked your original post from the point of view of knowing WHY people feel the way they do but sadly both Remainers and Leavers seem to give the same old rhetoric without any substance.

It would be great to see someone (not me) say .. that law sectyion 15 which prevents abc happening is all wrong and by staying/leaving we vcan change it so that it will mean xyz .. that would be a revelation but I dont think either group ahs a real clue lol."

I did ask earlier for some specifics which I think others would find interesting but nobody seems to want that but they are happy to say the same old things over and over. We are leaving and will soon be out so surely everyone is well versed in what they want and what they think the changes will do for them.

"no matter your view on this we all had the choice . so now its up to us all to make it work .and if we all pull in the same direction maybe it will but for sure if we talk it down and say it will go wrong then you can bet it will . its about time everyone in this country pulled in the same direction "

Exactly, but the problem we have with many of the Remaniacs is that it seems they WANT it to go wrong so they can gloat and say 'I told you so' Plus, what's the betting that if it works out ok they'll STILL find something to moan about.

It's called Schadenfreude - better get that in before foreign words get banned.

"no matter your view on this we all had the choice . so now its up to us all to make it work .and if we all pull in the same direction maybe it will but for sure if we talk it down and say it will go wrong then you can bet it will . its about time everyone in this country pulled in the same direction

Exactly, but the problem we have with many of the Remaniacs is that it seems they WANT it to go wrong so they can gloat and say 'I told you so' Plus, what's the betting that if it works out ok they'll STILL find something to moan about. "

we don’t agree on many things but I’m agreement with you on this one

"It's called Schadenfreude - better get that in before foreign words get banned."

you’ve not got long before that happens lol

XXX pic...
login to view

it is up to all of us to make sure it goes right .talking it down by some is what i call shooting yourself in the foot ! if the boat might sink only a fool stands and watches the water coming in a does nothing to save the ship just to prove a point and therefore drowns with the rest .what happens in this country will effect all of us no matter what you voted and as such if you dont want it to go wrong for everyone then we need to work to make it work .our bed has been made as such so it time for us all to get in it togeather ! [sounds good to me lol ]

When things went wrong under Thatcher I never met anyone who admitted voting for her. I think that if Brexit all goes horribly wrong (and the writing is on the wall), it will be difficult to find anyone who admits to voting Leave in five years or so. That's my little prediction, which is no more or less valid than anyone else's because it will take years before we know if Brexit has worked or not. Call me Cassandra

"it is up to all of us to make sure it goes right .talking it down by some is what i call shooting yourself in the foot ! if the boat might sink only a fool stands and watches the water coming in a does nothing to save the ship just to prove a point and therefore drowns with the rest .what happens in this country will effect all of us no matter what you voted and as such if you dont want it to go wrong for everyone then we need to work to make it work .our bed has been made as such so it time for us all to get in it togeather ! [sounds good to me lol ]"

The bed has been made by the Leavers and I hope it is a comfortable one for them. I'll sleep on the floor thanks

By *uymann  (M) 16 weeks ago

Not read any of the posts however I will add my cocks worth’s and I say remain as if we don’t we’ll be a Greece style country with unemployment on a scale we’ve never seen in this country since the Great Depression of the 1920’s FACT! Like climate change deniers you can’t deny we are all fucked and not in a good way! Burry your head in the sand and we’ll be better off! You idiots can’t see further than your own nose! Look info our relationships with Europe and you’ll see how intertwined we are that to leave is economic suicide! Seriously plonkers look into it and see little Britain stand alone island is a wankers dream ??

Unfortunately I think you may well be proven right, except that the difficult times ahead for this country could make Greece's problems look like a walk in the park.

"what rules do you want changing once we've left then?

It would be great to see someone (not me) say .. that law sectyion 15 which prevents abc happening is all wrong and by staying/leaving we vcan change it so that it will mean xyz .. that would be a revelation but I dont think either group ahs a real clue lol.

I did ask earlier for some specifics which I think others would find interesting but nobody seems to want that but they are happy to say the same old things over and over. We are leaving and will soon be out so surely everyone is well versed in what they want and what they think the changes will do for them. "

XXX pic...
login to view

The EU want it to go wrong for us and i think

they want to be able to show how in doing so it did go wrong so no one else leaves after us . Dictators who want to punish us for having to audacity to want to rule ourselves ? yes it seems so from what i have seen . we dont want egg on our faces do we after all of this is over and we need to stand proud and show those who are waiting for us to fall flat on our faces that we can run our country without there help . we do not want to be seen as not knowing what we are doing and also fighting between ourselves over this as it just makes us look stupid as other countrys look on [ my view] . i personally already have trouble holding my head high when i am abroad and hope that at some point not so far down the road we will prove we are GREAT BRITAIN again and know what we are doing . i like everyone else made my choice , did it get it right ? who knows in time i will know but i voted for what i thought was right as we all did and no matter which way the vote had gone . i would except the outcome . its time for those who voted stay to except this was the result and we will leave for good or bad and we must make the most of it and in pulling togeather we ALL stand the best chance of a better future in this country

"For a start the ability to negotiate our own trade deals without having to get the restrictive approval of the EU and have an agreement that 37 nations have to agree to. The EU would have to lower prices to sell to us, as they have a protectionist pricing while giving out subsidies that they do not want individual governments who deal with them to be able to do. One of the reasons they can't strike a deal with the Swiss.

"

how many trade deals are in place at the moment and how long did they take to negotiate? more to the point how do they effect you so much that we must leave the EU?

'Our own courts' - what laws do you want brought in or again more to the point - what specific ones are you looking forward to not obeying? I’m intrigued if you can name just one?

ability to control 'our borders' - the same old immigration stance! agree that border needs to be controlled but thats a management issue of the uk, not a 'shut the door' issue of the EU

"The EU want it to go wrong for us and i think

they want to be able to show how in doing so it did go wrong so no one else leaves after us . Dictators who want to punish us for having to audacity to want to rule ourselves ? yes it seems so from what i have seen . we dont want egg on our faces do we after all of this is over and we need to stand proud and show those who are waiting for us to fall flat on our faces that we can run our country without there help . we do not want to be seen as not knowing what we are doing and also fighting between ourselves over this as it just makes us look stupid as other countrys look on [ my view] . i personally already have trouble holding my head high when i am abroad and hope that at some point not so far down the road we will prove we are GREAT BRITAIN again and know what we are doing . i like everyone else made my choice , did it get it right ? who knows in time i will know but i voted for what i thought was right as we all did and no matter which way the vote had gone . i would except the outcome . its time for those who voted stay to except this was the result and we will leave for good or bad and we must make the most of it and in pulling togeather we ALL stand the best chance of a better future in this country "

That is one way of looking at it. The other is to say the Leavers got us into this mess so let them get us out of it. The country is far too divided in many ways to rally round the hackneyed call to all stand together.

"The only people who want another referendum are the people who voted to remain in the first place !!

We are a democracy..... that means when we the people are asked by the government to make a choice by voting on an issue, then the majority who vote and make a choice on what they want wins !!!!

What part of “ We want to leave the EU and its what the majority of people want”. Dont you understand !!!!!

Get a life !!!!!

"

the embarrassing fact is that a huge amount of people didn't know what they were voting for , and still don't as research has shown - demonstrated by peoples inability to justify their reasons. "our country", "our rules", "Great Britain", what is all this about and where has it come from? other than xenophobic bigots jumping on the band wagon, I'm still waiting for someone to give factual reasons rather than mass regurgitation.

I understand it perfectly, but when people can't back up their views, its beyond embarrassing and actually quite frightening!

"Get a life"... if thats your intelligent response, that really says it all about the people of this country! a very very sad affair.

"The only people who want another referendum are the people who voted to remain in the first place !!

Get a life !!!!!

the embarrassing fact is that a huge amount of people didn't know what they were voting for , and still don't as research has shown - demonstrated by peoples inability to justify their reasons. "our country", "our rules", "Great Britain", what is all this about and where has it come from? other than xenophobic bigots jumping on the band wagon, I'm still waiting for someone to give factual reasons rather than mass regurgitation.

I understand it perfectly, but when people can't back up their views, its beyond embarrassing and actually quite frightening!

"Get a life"... if thats your intelligent response, that really says it all about the people of this country! a very very sad affair."

Well said.

By *annyboy87  (M) 15 weeks ago

Get a life !!!!!

"Get a life"... if thats your intelligent response, that really says it all about the people of this country! a very very sad affair."

you have just basically said what was already said

Just basically upset that he’s said it against remoaners

I voted leave as I want this country to get its title back GREAT Britain not be to be told what to do by the dictatorship eu

Is that good enough reason to vote leave not only that all Europe’s immigrants run to our country and over run it bleeding our services dry

Which in turn causes our government to make cuts to our services which in turn we suffer

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

Get a life !!!!!

"Get a life"... if thats your intelligent response, that really says it all about the people of this country! a very very sad affair. you have just basically said what was already said

I voted leave as I want this country to get its title back GREAT Britain not be to be told what to do by the dictatorship eu

Is that good enough reason to vote leave not only that all Europe’s immigrants run to our country and over run it bleeding our services dry

Which in turn causes our government to make cuts to our services which in turn we suffer "

So whats the first thing you are most looking forward to 'not doing' once we leave?

Of course it's fine to want 'Great' Britain, just give one example of what will make it so Great once we leave? give factual examples not just 'we want our Britain etc etc'

Assuming you're a family man - you're ok for the 'immigrant' doctors and nurses to look after your relatives or kids god forbid they need medical care?

There's a shortage of workers needed in several industries that no 'brits' will or want to do, or are even skilled to do - yet 'they are taking all our jobs - go home!' !??

and the irony of 'government cuts' - with even more cuts now forecast BECAUSE of Brexit!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ps45  (M) 15 weeks ago

Get a life !!!!!

"

Well we could see if that is what the public still want, after the waters have cleared and the facts come to the surface about what this all means. Or are you scared that Brexit isn't the will of the majority anymore. if you agreed to marry a woman ( or a man), but you found out she was a deranged mentalist before the wedding day, haven't you the right to call it off?

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 15 weeks ago

There is a lot of talk that leavers don’t know what they were voting for but the same can be said of remainers.

The EU is moving to ever closer union, this will mean a central government in Brussels with a single currency run by a central bank in Frankfurt, similar to the USA.

In order to control the money supply the central bank will have to have the power to limit budgets and borrowing. This in effect that the spending on the NHS will not have anything to do with what the British people want only what the bankers in Frankfurt decide.

A single state means unified defence services, so our nuclear deterrent becomes a European deterrent and the EU could move it’s nuclear missiles to the far East of its territory such as the Baltic states to protect them from Russian aggression. How would that make the Russians feel? Britain is far enough away for a British finger on the button to be no particular threat but would they feel the same about an Estonian finger.

How would we feel if our forces were used to put down anti austerity riots in Greece or German soldiers being used for the same thing here?

When we joined the EU it was a free trade club at a time of high tariffs internationally now it has become the opposite a protectionist cartel at a time when globalisation has reduced the effectiveness of these tariffs as Donald Trump is finding out.

On a more positive note when we leave the EU we could offer a 5 year tariff free trade deal on agricultural products to our friends around the world with a view to completing a full trade deal in that time. Given our massive trade deficit in this area they would jump at it and it would reduce the cost of food in this country. This would also be an opportunity to put our money where our mouth is on trade not aid by offering this deal to developing countries who share our values on democracy and human rights. This would demonstrate to those that would like to think otherwise that a trade deal with Britain can be very beneficial, and we would get Aussie wine even cheaper!

On to fisheries, require all boats to be registered in the UK and require them to land their catches here, all the crews to pay tax and National Insurance and for every job at sea six are created on land. There would be a period of time before the fishing industry in this country could expand to meet this so the fishing stocks would get a welcome respite.

I will leave it at that for now but yes I have thought about what I was voting for and the outward looking country I hope we will become as the EU becomes ever more focused inwards.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinstockings  (M) 15 weeks ago

"it is up to all of us to make sure it goes right .talking it down by some is what i call shooting yourself in the foot ! if the boat might sink only a fool stands and watches the water coming in a does nothing to save the ship just to prove a point and therefore drowns with the rest .what happens in this country will effect all of us no matter what you voted and as such if you dont want it to go wrong for everyone then we need to work to make it work .our bed has been made as such so it time for us all to get in it togeather ! [sounds good to me lol ]"

I will get in bed with you

I voted leave. I and 17 million the majority , democratically won the vote to pull out of the European gravy train , these leaches stealing our hard earn money to fill there greedy fucking pockets , why can’t you remainers see this it’s the French puppets and the rest of the puppets in Brussels, being controlled by the Germans they say nothing but there in control, they have been trying to rule the British for years, it’s not going to happen

By *poty   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

They made us vote to early. The deal should of been done first ,then we all vote on the deal and get out or remain . There's more to it than leave or remain.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

"There is a lot of talk that leavers don’t know what they were voting for but the same can be said of remainers.

The EU is moving to ever closer union, this will mean a central government in Brussels with a single currency run by a central bank in Frankfurt, similar to the USA.

In order to control the money supply the central bank will have to have the power to limit budgets and borrowing. This in effect that the spending on the NHS will not have anything to do with what the British people want only what the bankers in Frankfurt decide.

A single state means unified defence services, so our nuclear deterrent becomes a European deterrent and the EU could move it’s nuclear missiles to the far East of its territory such as the Baltic states to protect them from Russian aggression. How would that make the Russians feel? Britain is far enough away for a British finger on the button to be no particular threat but would they feel the same about an Estonian finger.

How would we feel if our forces were used to put down anti austerity riots in Greece or German soldiers being used for the same thing here?

When we joined the EU it was a free trade club at a time of high tariffs internationally now it has become the opposite a protectionist cartel at a time when globalisation has reduced the effectiveness of these tariffs as Donald Trump is finding out.

On a more positive note when we leave the EU we could offer a 5 year tariff free trade deal on agricultural products to our friends around the world with a view to completing a full trade deal in that time. Given our massive trade deficit in this area they would jump at it and it would reduce the cost of food in this country. This would also be an opportunity to put our money where our mouth is on trade not aid by offering this deal to developing countries who share our values on democracy and human rights. This would demonstrate to those that would like to think otherwise that a trade deal with Britain can be very beneficial, and we would get Aussie wine even cheaper!

On to fisheries, require all boats to be registered in the UK and require them to land their catches here, all the crews to pay tax and National Insurance and for every job at sea six are created on land. There would be a period of time before the fishing industry in this country could expand to meet this so the fishing stocks would get a welcome respite.

I will leave it at that for now but yes I have thought about what I was voting for and the outward looking country I hope we will become as the EU becomes ever more focused inwards."

One of the best posts I have read on the subject for a very long time. You are spot on that both Remainers and Leavers not knowing what they voted for and nothing much has changed since the vote. Asked why they are staying or leaving we still get the same crap we were listening to years ago and often interspersed with insults and derogatory remarks.

Get a life !!!!!

"Get a life"... if thats your intelligent response, that really says it all about the people of this country! a very very sad affair. you have just basically said what was already said

Which in turn causes our government to make cuts to our services which in turn we suffer

So whats the first thing you are most looking forward to 'not doing' once we leave?

Of course it's fine to want 'Great' Britain, just give one example of what will make it so Great once we leave? give factual examples not just 'we want our Britain etc etc'

Assuming you're a family man - you're ok for the 'immigrant' doctors and nurses to look after your relatives or kids god forbid they need medical care?

There's a shortage of workers needed in several industries that no 'brits' will or want to do, or are even skilled to do - yet 'they are taking all our jobs - go home!' !??

and the irony of 'government cuts' - with even more cuts now forecast BECAUSE of Brexit! "

well you are demanding factual reasons to want to leave , but you haven’t given no factual reasons why we should stay or leave your self

There shortage of workers in several industries because before minimum wage got brought in immigrants would do it for next to nothing brits won’t work for nothing

Unemployment figures are high so make our own take those jobs or no benefits, I’m lucky enough to have a job but I’d take any job on if out of work, and would do training if needed, I know it’s easier said than done,

Medical services show to brits that’s it’s worth while doing it , but I know of someone that trained up as doctor found it hard getting job for some time even though they was jobs going but foreigner got them I bet there are plenty others like that

Regarding cuts there’s always gonna be cuts under conservative government just got an excuse for it now

We are Great Britain we don’t need to be under a dictatorship

"They made us vote to early. The deal should of been done first ,then we all vote on the deal and get out or remain . There's more to it than leave or remain."

yes you are 100% correct

Should Have been better prepared for either result but Cameron probably presumed we would vote remain another one of his and his party’s mistakes

Presumption is the mother of all fuck ups

XXX pic...
login to view

"There is a lot of talk that leavers don’t know what they were voting for but the same can be said of remainers.

I will leave it at that for now but yes I have thought about what I was voting for and the outward looking country I hope we will become as the EU becomes ever more focused inwards.

One of the best posts I have read on the subject for a very long time. You are spot on that both Remainers and Leavers not knowing what they voted for and nothing much has changed since the vote. Asked why they are staying or leaving we still get the same crap we were listening to years ago and often interspersed with insults and derogatory remarks. "

The constant derogatory remarks show a lack of knowledge.

So does replying to your own posts lol

Or sign of madness lol

and complete naivety!

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

"They made us vote to early. The deal should of been done first ,then we all vote on the deal and get out or remain . There's more to it than leave or remain."

If you remember David Cameron renegotiated the terms of our membership prior to the referendum and that is basically what we voted for. You could hardy have a vote on the exit terms before a vote to actually leave. There has been suggestions that we have a referendum on the terms to leave now but I don't think that would be a good idea. More campaigning by both sides to confuse the issue. No doubt more scaremongering. Would the voters really understand the full implications as most people want to get on with their lives and not have to scrutinise lengthy documents of government jargon.

Then we have the all important question: if the electorate rejected the Brexit deal where the hell would that leave us? In total limbo!

XXX pic...
login to view

"They made us vote to early. The deal should of been done first ,then we all vote on the deal and get out or remain . There's more to it than leave or remain.

If you remember David Cameron renegotiated the terms of our membership prior to the referendum and that is basically what we voted for. You could hardy have a vote on the exit terms before a vote to actually leave. There has been suggestions that we have a referendum on the terms to leave now but I don't think that would be a good idea. More campaigning by both sides to confuse the issue. No doubt more scaremongering. Would the voters really understand the full implications as most people want to get on with their lives and not have to scrutinise lengthy documents of government jargon.

Then we have the all important question: if the electorate rejected the Brexit deal where the hell would that leave us? In total limbo!"

Many have short memories (or pretend they do). when the isead of a referendum was first bandied about and right up to the day of the referendum almost the complete nation was all for it. quite obvious really ....

Those wanting to Remain didnt think it would go any other way so the referendum was popular with those.

Those wanting to Leave thought even a 'cat in hell's' chance was a chance worth taking so it was popular with those also.

it was only the result which put the cat amongst the pigeons and started all the finger pointing and bad memories lol.

If you remember David Cameron renegotiated the terms of our membership prior to the referendum and that is basically what we voted for. You could hardy have a vote on the exit terms before a vote to actually leave.

I believe that Cameron did renegotiate the terms of being in eu

But what did that have to do with what we voted for ?

As I thought we voted to leave or stay could you be kind enough to explain please?

I know you can’t vote on exit terms to you leave

But could have done some homework and give some ideas what kind of deal or more informative speculation on what was likely to happen

I give up

"I give up"

why give up why can’t you just explain what you meant with your post , you wrote it so it’s only you that can explain it?

"Not read any of the posts however I will add my cocks worth’s and I say remain as if we don’t we’ll be a Greece style country with unemployment on a scale we’ve never seen in this country since the Great Depression of the 1920’s FACT! Like climate change deniers you can’t deny we are all fucked and not in a good way! Burry your head in the sand and we’ll be better off! You idiots can’t see further than your own nose! Look info our relationships with Europe and you’ll see how intertwined we are that to leave is economic suicide! Seriously plonkers look into it and see little Britain stand alone island is a wankers dream ??"

And you know all that because???

Typical Remainiac bullshit!

"and complete naivety!"

Rubbish! Why do all you Remainacs claim to have all the answers and persistently try to claim the moral high ground? Everything you people think will go wrong is regularly posted as a fact, or 'the truth' despite having no solid grounds to support that view. Maybe you should look-up the meaning of the word 'Fact' before uttering such nonsense. You have no idea how things are going to work out in the long term, any more than those of us that voted to leave - or indeed those that couldn't be bothered to vote, but at least many of us are optimistic for the future rather than spending our time predicting gloom and doom.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

"and complete naivety!

Rubbish! Why do all you Remainacs claim to have all the answers and persistently try to claim the moral high ground? Everything you people think will go wrong is regularly posted as a fact, or 'the truth' despite having no solid grounds to support that view. Maybe you should look-up the meaning of the word 'Fact' before uttering such nonsense. You have no idea how things are going to work out in the long term, any more than those of us that voted to leave - or indeed those that couldn't be bothered to vote, but at least many of us are optimistic for the future rather than spending our time predicting gloom and doom."

"If you remember David Cameron renegotiated the terms of our membership prior to the referendum and that is basically what we voted for. You could hardy have a vote on the exit terms before a vote to actually leave. There has been suggestions that we have a referendum on the terms to leave now but I don't think that would be a good idea. More campaigning by both sides to confuse the issue. No doubt more scaremongering. Would the voters really understand the full implications as most people want to get on with their lives and not have to scrutinise lengthy documents of government jargon.

Then we have the all important question: if the electorate rejected the Brexit deal where the hell would that leave us? In total limbo!"

If you remember, Cameron's 'Renegotiation' of our terms of membership came to very little, as the EU said 'No' to practically everything he asked for - something they've continued to do to this day. Theresa May has been described in the past as a 'bloody difficult woman' I suggest that she stands second in line to that shower in Brussels for that accolade!

*is-mature By *is-mature   premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 15 weeks ago

It'll be fine! this country has consistently fought above it's weight and we still have the people and businesses to do it.

When you ask politicians to do anything it'll take forever and the vast majority are ego chasing so there's bound to be discourse at every level.

My hope is we leave Europe next year and that we do so on the very terms many of us voted for. I do not believe Maggie May is a difficult woman; she's picked that up form the media and now uses it as a soundbite... she's just bloody stubborn.

A woman being stubborn? that's a new one on me xx

"and complete naivety!

Rubbish! Why do all you Remainacs claim to have all the answers and persistently try to claim the moral high ground? Everything you people think will go wrong is regularly posted as a fact, or 'the truth' despite having no solid grounds to support that view. Maybe you should look-up the meaning of the word 'Fact' before uttering such nonsense. You have no idea how things are going to work out in the long term, any more than those of us that voted to leave - or indeed those that couldn't be bothered to vote, but at least many of us are optimistic for the future rather than spending our time predicting gloom and doom."

don’t believe this I’m finding myself in agreement with you again

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 15 weeks ago

"and complete naivety!

There is no virtue in optimism unless it is realistic. I may be optimistic that it will be sunny and 25 degrees tomorrow but that is not necessarily realistic. Tell us how great Brexit is five years from now - hopefully all your pipe-dreams of a rosy future will materialise but I doubt it. If the Brelievers are correct, they will be crowing again. If not, hope they are taking accountability and not blaming it all on someone else.

See? You've just proved my point - nothing but negativity, and like I said earlier it seems as if you lot just want it to fail just to confirm your long-held, pessimistic belief that nothing good will come of it.

If it does all go belly-up I'm quite prepared to admit I was wrong, but if it doesn't will the Remainiacs be prepared to admit they were? I bet they won't!

Now do you understand why it’s a bad idea having a remainiac in charge of leaving

It's not a case of wanting it to fail. Like anyone with any interest, I have heard and read lots about it over more than two years and have yet to come across a single fact to make me feel there will be a positive outcome. The hackneyed 'all pull together and it will work' just doesn't cut the mustard. I will be very happy if the Brelievers turn out to be correct in ten years time.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

"It's not a case of wanting it to fail. Like anyone with any interest, I have heard and read lots about it over more than two years and have yet to come across a single fact to make me feel there will be a positive outcome. The hackneyed 'all pull together and it will work' just doesn't cut the mustard. I will be very happy if the Brelievers turn out to be correct in ten years time."

Then why don't you post the FACTS that you have heard and read over more than two years to prove that it will fail, rather than just stating your opinion that it will?

"Then why don't you post the FACTS that you have heard and read over more than two years to prove that it will fail, rather than just stating your opinion that it will?"

The simple answer is that as yet there isn't anything that can be proven as a fact or 'the truth' as some of them like to claim - it's all supposition and assumptions at the moment, and all of it pessimistic.

"It's not a case of wanting it to fail. Like anyone with any interest, I have heard and read lots about it over more than two years and have yet to come across a single fact to make me feel there will be a positive outcome. The hackneyed 'all pull together and it will work' just doesn't cut the mustard. I will be very happy if the Brelievers turn out to be correct in ten years time.

Then why don't you post the FACTS that you have heard and read over more than two years to prove that it will fail, rather than just stating your opinion that it will?"

Because there aren't any facts and won't be for years. It's all just opinion on both sides. I am just dubious about Brelievers wanting everyone to be optimistic based on their opinions. I am not out to convince anyone to be pessimistic, just saying that I am.

"It's not a case of wanting it to fail. Like anyone with any interest, I have heard and read lots about it over more than two years and have yet to come across a single fact to make me feel there will be a positive outcome. The hackneyed 'all pull together and it will work' just doesn't cut the mustard. I will be very happy if the Brelievers turn out to be correct in ten years time.

Then why don't you post the FACTS that you have heard and read over more than two years to prove that it will fail, rather than just stating your opinion that it will?

Because there aren't any facts and won't be for years. It's all just opinion on both sides. I am just dubious about Brelievers wanting everyone to be optimistic based on their opinions. I am not out to convince anyone to be pessimistic, just saying that I am."

well said

It is all speculation on both sides some are predicting doom some aren’t

But if there’s a crystal ball around I buy it for good money

XXX pic...
login to view

Because there aren't any facts and won't be for years. It's all just opinion on both sides. I am just dubious about Brelievers wanting everyone to be optimistic based on their opinions. I am not out to convince anyone to be pessimistic, just saying that I am."

Spot on. I have been absent for a while otherwise I would have written earlier .. thank goodness Danny was there lol.

Because there aren't any facts and won't be for years. It's all just opinion on both sides. I am just dubious about Brelievers wanting everyone to be optimistic based on their opinions. I am not out to convince anyone to be pessimistic, just saying that I am.

Spot on. I have been absent for a while otherwise I would have written earlier .. thank goodness Danny was there lol. "

thought it was too quiet lol

XXX pic...
login to view

Spot on. I have been absent for a while otherwise I would have written earlier .. thank goodness Danny was there lol. thought it was too quiet lol "

If I’d had a crystal ball I would have known you would say that.

Where on Earth is this weird word 'Brelievers' coming from? 'Day Dream Brelievers' perhaps

"Where on Earth is this weird word 'Brelievers' coming from? 'Day Dream Brelievers' perhaps "

More like the Pipe-dream Brelievers. The Monkees were high at the time.

Spot on. I have been absent for a while otherwise I would have written earlier .. thank goodness Danny was there lol. thought it was too quiet lol

If I’d had a crystal ball I would have known you would say that. "

lol

By *aravaggio  (M) 15 weeks ago

One thing that I'm amazed very few people mention …. a self governing country we can call our own. Isn't that a good enough reason in itself? I don't want to be a state in the United States of Europe.

XXX pic...
login to view

"One thing that I'm amazed very few people mention …. a self governing country we can call our own. Isn't that a good enough reason in itself? I don't want to be a state in the United States of Europe."

Theoretically but you can get good self governing countries which do well and you can get bad self govern8ng countries which disappear to obscurity.

I think a plan needs a lot more substance.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 15 weeks ago

I think I've been looking at this all wrong - my re-think has been initiated by Imelda May hinting about net migration reductions.

If European Industries desert us in droves (as Nissan and Toyota are already hinting) then we won't need the cheap labour coming in from Europe - we won't need the supermarkets stocking up on food to feed these people. We won't need to use Boris-the-Cunt's £350 million a year/month/week/hour to prop up the NHS because the foreigners won't be taking up beds and drugs and Doctor's time.

We'll have lots of money to spend on new infrastructure because we won't be giving it to Europe to spend on failing Banks and fat cat politicians. We can keep all our VAT to ourselves.

I was being selfish wanting to remain because I was thinking of my pension and what the massive amount of disruption all this Brexit would do to it. I'm a rotter - I should just go with the flow, and if it gets destroyed then that's how it was meant to be.

I accept that we're going out of Europe, lets do it with dignity (as I've suggested before) lets keep the stiff upper lip and show these johnny foreigners how to deal with a crisis in a calm and stoic manner.

I'll be moving my pension away from the UK just as soon as I can - I'm going where the money is

XXX pic...
login to view

Nobody knows what Mrs May actually thinks of Brexit (we don't have crystal balls and we are not psychic) but she does still seem to be doing a good job of holding it all together so we can leave with some dignity and not just a bunch of idiots jumping ship with no lifeboats!

I was thinking what a great shame it was that Farage dint have quite the single track mind ... If, with all his charisma and support, he had been putting all that effort into negotiating for a better deal in the EU we might have managed to arrive at something which pleased more than 50% of the country.

XXX pic...
login to view

I think we might all be wrong. I think that it's too big an event for most of us to get our minds around all of it; even some of the very deep thinkers in here are only capturing part of it.

Only time will unravel whether or not it was a good decision (I'm not using right & wrong because those words depend on your perspective and the way you voted) - looking back, it may be the best thing that the "people" have ever decided to do.

Even if it goes badly wrong we will still persevere and do the best we can as citizens; life will go on.

cue music, stirring stuff.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I think we might all be wrong. I think that it's too big an event for most of us to get our minds around all of it; even some of the very deep thinkers in here are only capturing part of it.

Only time will unravel whether or not it was a good decision (I'm not using right & wrong because those words depend on your perspective and the way you voted) - looking back, it may be the best thing that the "people" have ever decided to do.

Even if it goes badly wrong we will still persevere and do the best we can as citizens; life will go on.

cue music, stirring stuff."

I think that is the view of most Leavers and Remainers that I know and talk to. We are going. Nobody know the future. We will survive!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view

"I think we might all be wrong. I think that it's too big an event for most of us to get our minds around all of it; even some of the very deep thinkers in here are only capturing part of it.

I think that is the view of most Leavers and Remainers that I know and talk to. We are going. Nobody know the future. We will survive!!!!"

lets create words and music to the Boaty McBoatface song

By *herry picker  (M) 15 weeks ago

I think that is the view of most Leavers and Remainers that I know and talk to. We are going. Nobody know the future. We will survive!!!!

lets create words and music to the Boaty McBoatface song "

Wasnt Theresa May a remainer in the vote ? Maybe thats why shes dragging her feet ? What we need is someone strong , like Maggie Thatcher , shed have it all signed sealed & sorted by now ! Shed lay her terms on the table & say " This is what i want &im not settling for anything les than this..... sort it !"

XXX pic...
login to view

Wasnt Theresa May a remainer in the vote ? Maybe thats why shes dragging her feet ? What we need is someone strong , like Maggie Thatcher , shed have it all signed sealed & sorted by now ! Shed lay her terms on the table & say " This is what i want &im not settling for anything les than this..... sort it !""

Unfortunately she's dead, and all we have left is Imelda.

Theresa May was a reluctant remainer. She briefly stated that she would vote remain then got on with running her then department, the Home Office, and took no part in the referendum campaign. Perhaps she foresaw the outcome so was ready to jump into the breach as someone who could unify the two sides. She is certainly trying her best to reconcile the two sides although the hardliners in both camps are doing their best to undermine her.

Wasnt Theresa May a remainer in the vote ? Maybe thats why shes dragging her feet ? What we need is someone strong , like Maggie Thatcher , shed have it all signed sealed & sorted by now ! Shed lay her terms on the table & say " This is what i want &im not settling for anything les than this..... sort it !""

yes mrs May is an remainer

Some apologists will have you believe that she reluctantly said she leave but know that she is weak but didn’t see anyone twisting her arm and making her do it

Yes we do need some one strong I wasn’t around when thatcher was in power but been told that she’d been perfect for job as she was strong

Mrs May is a remainer and is dragging her feet and could be sabotageing it

Meant to have put remain

"

Mrs May is a remainer and is dragging her feet and could be sabotageing it "

What a load of pure unadulterated bollocks!

Half in half out means only one thing to those who voted leave … it means we're still in! Bloody woman, just go!

XXX pic...
login to view

"Half in half out means only one thing to those who voted leave … it means we're still in! Bloody woman, just go!"

it is the duty of any leader/Prime Minister to ensure the country gets the best possible deal even if it takes a little longer and I'm sure nobody seriously thought that it would take less than 'several years' after the referendum before it would bring about too many noticeable changes.

The other duty of the leader/Prime Minister is to ensure that as far as possible everyone (or as many as possible) are given a satisfactory outcome. No easy task and a poisoned chalice nobody else was brave enough to step up and do for the good the country and population.

But trying to be all things to all people, as she is trying to be, is impossible and thereby can do nothing but fail. She has refused to make the hard decisions that are needed, and her negotiation tactics have been absurd from day one. I've said before, NO DEAL was always going to be the outcome. How could it be otherwise, unless the EU gave up it's basic tenets? She should not have talked with the EU, rather talk first to the major players who wish to continue exporting their goods to UK. Then have their governments put pressure on the EU to offer something meaningful …. basically, she doesn't have a clue about negotiation tactics, and those that do, the civil service, have no wish to leave the EU, anyway.

XXX pic...
login to view

but that is what a countries leader has to do whether they like it or not. Their duty is to be all things to all people .. the alternativr could be a dicatator !!

I haven't seen anyone in british politics and though "Hey they would have done a good job of brexit" and most seem to hjave a personal agenda whether it is leave or stay. a leader has to make that difficult pleasing of everyone as likely as possible.

"

What a load of pure unadulterated bollocks!"

so she reluctantly said remain did she

If that’s true proves she is weak hasn’t got her own mind so should a woman or man be in charge of running country?

"

What a load of pure unadulterated bollocks! so she reluctantly said remain did she

If that’s true proves she is weak hasn’t got her own mind so should a woman or man be in charge of running country?"

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ayMan007   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

Your question is actually redundant! The referendum has already taken place and Great Britain IS leaving!

Explain to me how she can straddle the Brexit fence successfully. As I said, its an impossibility. She can lie to people and hope they believe her, but she cannot effect Brexit as voted for without upsetting the remainers. No customs union, no freedom of movement of people, the ability to have our own trade agreements free from EU meddling, Release from EU law. Those were the four items about which people made their decision to leave or remain. We chose leave. Now, deliver those four items. Anything else is a fudge.

"

What a load of pure unadulterated bollocks! so she reluctantly said remain did she

If that’s true proves she is weak hasn’t got her own mind so should a woman or man be in charge of running country?

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!"

I would suggest you get some sleep mate

Unless it’s because you don’t like the truth lol

"

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn! I would suggest you get some sleep mate

Unless it’s because you don’t like the truth lol"

I like the truth. You are the one who lives in the realms of total fantasy.

XXX pic...
login to view

Anyone who has worked in the markets of commerce or high finance will know full well how a leader does have to straddle many fences. Nothing survives with dictators and extremists and Brexit is no different.

It is quite obvious a good leader, which I believe she is, will never say “I’m all for 50% and fuck the rest” but a good leader might take the situation and make the best deal for all concerned. No need to lie or con or anything other than good honest dealing with the situation.

"

I like the truth. You are the one who lives in the realms of total fantasy."

I'm not going to continue with this childish spat. Foolish of me to even read it. I rarely bother with your rather jumbled comments. At the risk of being accused of bullying and insulting your intelligence is that politically you are very naïve. Either that I you just post to annoy people.

If your plan is to drive people off this forum then you have succeeded with me. I really can't be bothered any more. I at least have a life.

"

I'm not going to continue with this childish spat. Foolish of me to even read it. I rarely bother with your rather jumbled comments. At the risk of being accused of bullying and insulting your intelligence is that politically you are very naïve. Either that I you just post to annoy people.

If your plan is to drive people off this forum then you have succeeded with me. I really can't be bothered any more. I at least have a life.

"

you have got me so wrong

I don’t post just to annoy people at all or to force people of forum.

But I can see what you are trying to point out

Sorry you feel that way

"

"

Mr NK you don’t need to go anywhere

I’ll go I’m not going to use this forum again

That will make a lot of people happy plus save you all time trying to get me the boot so I just go

You all win I sincerely wish you all the very best in future and I really mean that

I’ve learnt a lot while on here

But good bye to all

A shame when people start quitting the forum but I understand why and the writing has been on the wall for a while now. When a small group of people take it upon themselves to control what can be said and insult anyone who doesn't share their views, people will just not bother. They will soon be the only ones left - they may feel flattered that they will all agree with each other but I think it will be boring too.

*nyx1062 By *nyx1062  (M) 15 weeks ago

does that mean if it goes well then you will be hard pressed to find someone who said remain ?

XXX pic...
login to view

"A shame when people start quitting the forum but I understand why and the writing has been on the wall for a while now. When a small group of people take it upon themselves to control what can be said and insult anyone who doesn't share their views, people will just not bother. They will soon be the only ones left - they may feel flattered that they will all agree with each other but I think it will be boring too."

I presume to know the poster you are referring to but there are several who have left due to him so who knows what thoughts go on behind the scenes. The one particular poster has consistently peed almost all the other posters off at one time or another and it is nothing to do with his views but everything to do with his ridiculous and monotonous posts. Sadly his behaviour has been indefensible. As it is, at least, the third time he has left recently I will expect his return.

"A shame when people start quitting the forum but I understand why and the writing has been on the wall for a while now. When a small group of people take it upon themselves to control what can be said and insult anyone who doesn't share their views, people will just not bother. They will soon be the only ones left - they may feel flattered that they will all agree with each other but I think it will be boring too."

just going to say one last thing

You have got it bang on there’s a certain few that think what they say is gospel and god help those that disagree

One of things they do is say things to get you to answer then make out it’s you not them ,but that little gang ( because that’s what they are ) have finally got what they wanted rid of myself

Wonder who will be they next target? They all denie it

Plus they is one member that goes of has he owns site not hard to tell who ringleader is

But who cares I’m out of here ,I was slowly forgetting about being on here morning , noon early evening and late evening I let it take over now I’m going to have an life as being on here all day is not having a life

"Plus they is one member that goes of has he owns site not hard to tell who ringleader is

But who cares I’m out of here ,I was slowly forgetting about being on here morning , noon early evening and late evening I let it take over now I’m going to have an life as being on here all day is not having a life

"

ill put that last bit right

But who cares I’m out of here the forum not site

I had a life but I slowly forgot about it being on here first thing in a morning,lunch afternoon early evening and late evening I let it take over my life . Doing that is not having a life so I’m leaving to get my life back .

I don’t need to come on here to have a life like some, should have used it in moderation like a lot of users do .

Yes I’ve been guilty of posting some outrageous stuff but most has been guilty of that , then it all depends on who you say it to f it’s against self appointed moderaters you get jumped on and not left alone

Where I mainly went wrong I’d answer them back instead of ignoring them , being naive and falling for they little traps then sitting back ,and then point out how childish, foolish and dumb I was being

I only have myself to blame I should have seen it and then ignored it

Now they say I’m paranoid but I don’t do paranoia

The gang will be over moon now

Well goodbye everyone

XXX pic...
login to view

At least you realise it’s your own fault Danny. For your own sake it’s a pity you can’t resist jumping in with both feet at every opportunity.

Maybe concentrate on the Cottaging part of the site

"At least you realise it’s your own fault Danny. For your own sake it’s a pity you can’t resist jumping in with both feet at every opportunity.

Maybe concentrate on the Cottaging part of the site "

some maybe my fault but not all and you very well know that like I said I’m off to concentrate on having a life as being on here here 24/7 like some are is not having a life is it

XXX pic...
login to view

"does that mean if it goes well then you will be hard pressed to find someone who said remain ? "

I will always admit when I was wrong, I take it like a man

"Anyone who has worked in the markets of commerce or high finance will know full well how a leader does have to straddle many fences. Nothing survives with dictators and extremists and Brexit is no different.

It is quite obvious a good leader, which I believe she is, will never say “I’m all for 50% and fuck the rest” but a good leader might take the situation and make the best deal for all concerned. No need to lie or con or anything other than good honest dealing with the situation. "

The problem with Brexit is that its a pretty binary subject, and in order to achieve it as per the referendum question/result, those who voted remain will be incapable of being satisfied. This Chequers solution satisfies nobody, its the worst possible scenario, no matter how she dresses it up. Paying loads of money to an organisation towards which you have no say in the running, whilst having to abide by it's rules ….. that's a good deal????? C'mon, get real! No Deal is nirvana by comparison.

XXX pic...
login to view

I disagree. I have found most of the Remainers have accepted the result and moved on. Remainers and Leavers are now asking what the best deal for us could be and the best way to implement it. The only places I have seen the “jump and run” attitude is on social media and down the pub .. those more concerned with their own egos. Speaking to people involved in commerce and running businesses .. that is the one affected by Brexit .. they are all asking about viable plans and reasonable compromises which will benefit the country as a whole.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ikkey69  (M) 15 weeks ago

Nothing to explain is there !!

The country voted to leave so we are leaving !!

Thats called democracy!

What part of the country saying “We want to leave”

dont you understand?????

*s55 By *s55  (M) 15 weeks ago

I didn't vote as I really didn't know which way to side on. I was possibly going to remain but now we have voted out I actually think we will be better off out it's waiting for Barnier and co to let go of their egos and things will happen the worst part is have a knob like Corbyn who for his own political gain wants to wreck any negotiations between us and Europe

XXX pic...
login to view

"Nothing to explain is there !!

Thats called democracy!

dont you understand?????

"

Actually, only 37.46% of the people voted to leave, so the country didn't say that. So you're wrong.

XXX pic...
login to view

Thats called democracy!

dont you understand?????

Actually, only 37.46% of the people voted to leave, so the country didn't say that. So you're wrong."

The referendum only proved that it didnt actually work in anyone's favour. a complete farce.

Thats called democracy!

dont you understand?????

Actually, only 37.46% of the people voted to leave, so the country didn't say that. So you're wrong.

The referendum only proved that it didnt actually work in anyone's favour. a complete farce."

There seems to be a flawed assumption amongst the Remainiacs that everyone that didn't vote in the Referendum would have voted to Remain if they had voted. As is usual for them, it's just an attempt to swing the argument and the result in their favour because there's absolutely no evidence to support the idea. I think it's safe to say that the non-voters can be split into two camps - those that, for whatever reason, made a conscious decision not to vote, i.e. an abstention, and those were either too lazy or couldn't be bothered. I wonder how many of both groups are now moaning about the result? There are plenty of folk out there that will jump on any bandwagon they can in an attempt to create a fuss and massage their own egos.

XXX pic...
login to view

I wouldn’t comment on where salmon lives. I don’t do Scottish politics.

How I see it yes 37,5%of population voted leave and less voted remain the rest didn’t bother or was in two minds so decided not to bother

But the FACT is where it counted leave won the vote not remain so that should be honoured at end of the day

By *untime  (M) 15 weeks ago

Its not a sports match but an evolving political thing...

With luck we crash out then people realise the folly of leaving

The interdependence is too much.......

There are 600 other treaties all of which deal with sovereignty in some way - why mind this one

Our view point has prevailed most of the time in the EU- EU workers are net contributors to the economy; anyway we will still need them...

New fishing agreements will not return to the 1960s

Its the 'Right' colouring maps pink again...

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ob1949   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

well there is talk of another refurendum to be honest i agree because who can trust any polictian they all twist the truth to suit there own views when they are not busy filling in their expense forms and when we did have the refurendum as eu laws says it was only advisory everyone one says the eurocrats are not to be trusted the same goes for our mps this has now got so bad it might lead to the break up of the uk and is that tosser ferage still getting paid by europe and what will his pension be when he leaves

By *ottagingOfficial   premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

Forum Rules

In summary: If you treat other people with respect, you can't go far wrong. Don't forget that the forums are meant to be fun, if you find yourself fuming and writing long angry messages you're probably best taking a break from it.

"well there is talk of another refurendum to be honest i agree because who can trust any polictian they all twist the truth to suit there own views when they are not busy filling in their expense forms and when we did have the refurendum as eu laws says it was only advisory everyone one says the eurocrats are not to be trusted the same goes for our mps this has now got so bad it might lead to the break up of the uk and is that tosser ferage still getting paid by europe and what will his pension be when he leaves"

There's been talk of another Referendum ever since the Remainiacs lost the last one. Well get this into your head - it's not going to happen! Instead of berating FArage you should watch some of his speeches in the EU parliament on YouTube- he's a good speaker and talks a lot of sense - AND he's not afraid to insult some of the officials such as Tusk, Verhofsdat (the EU's answer to Diane Abbott) and the drunken Juncker - insults that are richly deserved with regards to the EU.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ESalrightWHEN  (M) 15 weeks ago

who gives a toss

Clearly not you, so why post such an inane remark? Tremendous contribution, there, really tremendous ..

*reshMeatKent By *reshMeatKent  (M) 15 weeks ago

Irrelevant, the decision has already been made by the people.

"Clearly not you, so why post such an inane remark? Tremendous contribution, there, really tremendous .. "

Well the rest of this thread hasn't exactly been inspirational.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *hemaligfreund   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

"

"

Please do not use plurals in such discussions, you do may not like the idea of a United States of Europe, but many people, including me, do.

*reshMeatKent By *reshMeatKent  (M) 15 weeks ago

"

Please do not use plurals in such discussions, you do may not like the idea of a United States of Europe, but many people, including me, do."

So move there

"

Please do not use plurals in such discussions, you do may not like the idea of a United States of Europe, but many people, including me, do."

If they liked the idea that much then maybe they should have got off their arses and taken the 2 minutes it takes to mark a box with a cross and we wouldn't have to keep having this tedious conversation on a daily basis!

"

Please do not use plurals in such discussions, you do may not like the idea of a United States of Europe, but many people, including me, do.

So move there"

"

Really? Explain your reasons then, and how that could possibly benefit this country.

"

If they liked the idea that much then maybe they should have got off their arses and taken the 2 minutes it takes to mark a box with a cross and we wouldn't have to keep having this tedious conversation on a daily basis!"

XXX pic...
login to view

"

If they liked the idea that much then maybe they should have got off their arses and taken the 2 minutes it takes to mark a box with a cross and we wouldn't have to keep having this tedious conversation on a daily basis!"

there's always a "rate my underarm hair" thread to be enchanted by

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ronrod  (M) 15 weeks ago

Struggling to see how a new referendum is undemocratic??!!! Surely if it returns the same result it's a democratic confirmation of the will of the people.

Theoretically you can keep voting untill all the voters are convinced its a true representation of the majority.

The calls for a referendum are based on the new information available and there is doubt over the validity of the first referendum due to both sides being economic with the truth and possible influencing by third parties outside the UK!!!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

I'm a remainer but I've accepted we are going and need to make the best of it.

I think it's so complex and all-pervading that leaving, with a deal or not, is just the first step.

The ramifications (positive and negative) will be felt for decades so I think our position will evolve over time.

We need to approach it with optimism and positivity now.

Whilst I would defend everyone’s right to have a point of view, I am totally fed up with the remainers argument to try and get a second vote, so called the people’s vote. I am a staunch Brexiteer but I listen to the debates from both sides. The one thing that gets me though is this constant remainers argument that I didn’t know what I was voting for, I DID. I have to confess however that I am a bit smug, becouse all those years ago when we were ask to vote to go into the EU, I was a NO voter. My argument then was, if the Germans want us in, what’s in it for them and it worried me, now we are out, get it remainers, WE ARE OUT. i feel vindicated, sadly though, I can’t put up a better argument against the remainers except, would you like to replay all your team matches that you lose and hope to change the result. Befor you shout that’s a stupid argument, listen to yourselfs, do you accuse everyone who votes for a different political party to yours, ignorant and didn’t know what they voted for.

Back in 1930 didn’t hitler have the idea to take all of Europe and be run by one ,?

But it caused a world war , but he finally got what he wanted in a way just not run like he would have.

That’s a take on eu by an old man I was talking to this morning so I thought I’d ask if anyone agrees?

"Whilst I would defend everyone’s right to have a point of view, I am totally fed up with the remainers argument to try and get a second vote, so called the people’s vote. I am a staunch Brexiteer but I listen to the debates from both sides. The one thing that gets me though is this constant remainers argument that I didn’t know what I was voting for, I DID. I have to confess however that I am a bit smug, becouse all those years ago when we were ask to vote to go into the EU, I was a NO voter. My argument then was, if the Germans want us in, what’s in it for them and it worried me, now we are out, get it remainers, WE ARE OUT. i feel vindicated, sadly though, I can’t put up a better argument against the remainers except, would you like to replay all your team matches that you lose and hope to change the result. Befor you shout that’s a stupid argument, listen to yourselfs, do you accuse everyone who votes for a different political party to yours, ignorant and didn’t know what they voted for."

XXX pic...
login to view
By *enzone   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

utter rubbish I voted out and want out more than ever retainers should leave the country and go and live in france or germany if they don't like it

XXX pic...
login to view

It must have been really hard on you leavers to have to tolerate being in the EU for all these years - oh the torture.

As a minority movement, you have got your way, and the rest of us are coming out with you whether we agreed or not. It doesn’t bother me, I’m always up for a challenge.

If it goes badly, you’re to blame.

Surely if it goes wrong the huge amount of people we keep hearing about that wanted to remain but couldnt be bothered to vote are the ones to blame!

When I read through these forums I realise that most people on either side of the argument have not budged one bit. All that seems to have changed is that the Leavers feel empowered to insult Remainers now that they have 'won' rather than putting forward cogent arguments to get them on side. I still fear this whole thing will go down in history as a prime example of a Pyrrhic victory. I hope I'm wrong, but it does seem like heading that way.

"utter rubbish I voted out and want out more than ever retainers should leave the country and go and live in france or germany if they don't like it"

That could trigger a brain drain that would leave the country worse off, as the more highly educated and more highly skilled would find it easier to be accepted in other countries. Belgium is looking good to me.

"It must have been really hard on you leavers to have to tolerate being in the EU for all these years - oh the torture.

As a minority movement, you have got your way, and the rest of us are coming out with you whether we agreed or not. It doesn’t bother me, I’m always up for a challenge.

If it goes badly, you’re to blame."

you are right about minority’ voted out

But if things do go badly no one can really blame the leavers

37.54% voted out so that means less than that voted remain reason why leave won so what about the 25% that didn’t vote

It could have been so different if all people voted but it didn’t happen that way so could the blame be at they feet.

But it could be down and only down to the deal we get whether good or bad . So government should take the credit if good deal and to blame if bad

"Surely if it goes wrong the huge amount of people we keep hearing about that wanted to remain but couldnt be bothered to vote are the ones to blame!"

yes so true

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ocksucker123456789  (M) 15 weeks ago

I don't believe politicians at all. I lived with P Ashdown and family in France (when he was in power). It definitely isn't like you see in the media, it's normally the complete opposite.

I met 100s of politicians and political people. They all chase power only and couldn't give a monkeys about any one else. He used to say weekly that he'd never take any form off title. He then became lord Ashdown etc, was offered the Ambassador seat in France etc. What did he do that offered him the opportunity to receive all this? Hidden SBS stuff, bribery,corruption,who knows. I had two attempted murders when u hung around and married into that lot of disgusting fascists.

It's the opposite to what it appears normally in life.

"I don't believe politicians at all. I lived with P Ashdown and family in France (when he was in power). It definitely isn't like you see in the media, it's normally the complete opposite.

I met 100s of politicians and political people. They all chase power only and couldn't give a monkeys about any one else. He used to say weekly that he'd never take any form off title. He then became lord Ashdown etc, was offered the Ambassador seat in France etc. What did he do that offered him the opportunity to receive all this? Hidden SBS stuff, bribery,corruption,who knows. I had two attempted murders when u hung around and married into that lot of disgusting fascists.

It's the opposite to what it appears normally in life."

"I don't believe politicians at all. I lived with P Ashdown and family in France (when he was in power). It definitely isn't like you see in the media, it's normally the complete opposite.

It's the opposite to what it appears normally in life."

At one time I lived in the nest village to where Paddy Ashdown lived and met him on numerous occasions. Thought it was a joke that he called himself a Liberal because his attitude was anything but liberal. His wife was very nice though.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ocksucker123456789  (M) 15 weeks ago

Janee tiddle draws as she was known.

She is the wealth behind them all and comes from a long line of wealth and power,hence they had a 2ND home in Irancy 89 Fr.

Spaddy n Janee tiddle draws as they were known.

I lived with and married into there best friends(English) and lived just around the corner. The population then was around 320.

Everybody makes wine in the village,mostly Red.

Chablis was our neighbor so we used to swap our reds for they're great Chablis.The violence and abuse in the place was horrendous. It all looks amazing from the outside........

By *ree as a dove  (M) 15 weeks ago

"I don't believe politicians at all. I lived with P Ashdown and family in France (when he was in power). He then became lord Ashdown etc, was offered the Ambassador seat in France etc. What did he do that offered him the opportunity to receive all this? "

Cocksucker 123456789 Paddy Asdown was an MP from June 1983 to June 2001 and for 11 years was Leader of the LIB/DEMS. Lord Ashdown was never the United Kingdoms ambassador in France. He received his Life Peerage in July 2001 and then as High Representative for Bosnia and Herzegovina 2002 - 2006 during the troubles there and was the UN Representative in Afghanistan 2006 - 2008.

Its easy to check facts nowadays.

By *ree as a dove  (M) 15 weeks ago

and in your post you state when he was in Power, Paddy Ashdown was never in Power, from what I remember the Coalition was in 2010 -2015 and Ashdown was retired.

*adpuppy By *adpuppy  (M) 14 weeks ago

We've already had a "People's Vote" & we voted to LEAVE the EU - Now Please get on wth it.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *otscot50  (M) 14 weeks ago

We had a peoples vote based on lies and misrepresentation inc the fear of thousands of Turks invading us if they joined the EU ( no chance)

If the leavers are so confident why are they afraid of another vote.

If it is such a good idea they would surely win again and shut up the remainers for ever.

The truth of the matter is no one really knew what they were voting for ( the EU would beg us for a great trade deal, we would stop all imigration - ye what about the thousands who come from pakistan and other non eu countries - we would do trade deals simply with the rest of the world - no one mentioned chlorinated chicken or the other unacceptable things the US do with food)

Trade deals mean a deal what will india and pakistan want in return probably more immigrants and a complete takeover of all our call centres by the remaining population of india.

Like I said if leaving is such a great idea what is there to fear from another referendum on the outcome of discussions as no one voted to be poorer have investment and industries closed down and food prices sky rocketing with massive unemployment unless you are prepared to replace the seasonal EU fruit pickers and all work in the service industry serving coffee and making bed in hotels

So you leavers should welcome another referendum to prove you are right or perhaps Jacob Rees Mog's nanny has misled him as a child

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"We had a peoples vote based on lies and misrepresentation inc the fear of thousands of Turks invading us if they joined the EU ( no chance)

If the leavers are so confident why are they afraid of another vote.

If it is such a good idea they would surely win again and shut up the remainers for ever.

The truth of the matter is no one really knew what they were voting for ( the EU would beg us for a great trade deal, we would stop all imigration - ye what about the thousands who come from pakistan and other non eu countries - we would do trade deals simply with the rest of the world - no one mentioned chlorinated chicken or the other unacceptable things the US do with food)

Trade deals mean a deal what will india and pakistan want in return probably more immigrants and a complete takeover of all our call centres by the remaining population of india.

Like I said if leaving is such a great idea what is there to fear from another referendum on the outcome of discussions as no one voted to be poorer have investment and industries closed down and food prices sky rocketing with massive unemployment unless you are prepared to replace the seasonal EU fruit pickers and all work in the service industry serving coffee and making bed in hotels

So you leavers should welcome another referendum to prove you are right or perhaps Jacob Rees Mog's nanny has misled him as a child"

Utter bollocks. You Remainacs only want another Referendum because you're under the mistaken impression that you'd win, therefore overturning the original decision. I bet if you thought there was an increase in support for leaving you'd keep quiet about another one. I'm sick and tired of reading about chlorinated chicken and all the other stupid nonsense you people keep coming up with as a result of us leaving the EU. I can tell you right now that I knew exactly what I was voting for, and it had nothing to do with the 'lies' that were supposedly told because I took no notice of any of the propaganda - as did many others. No mention of the lies that the Remain side told is there? Project Fear, as Osborne touted around, was widely believed by many despite it having no basis in fact.

We're Leaving - just accept the fact and stop moaning!

*reshMeatKent By *reshMeatKent  (M) 14 weeks ago

Irrelevant whether they want another referendum or not, we're leaving and that's the end of it.

We cease to be a democracy if we don't abide by the democratic decision made.

We wish to govern ourselves, not be governed by the EU. That mandate from the people has to be carried out or we may as well not have any more votes for anything.

By *aravaggio  (M) 14 weeks ago

I voted to leave, but I didn't expect "Leave" to win the referendum. I consider myself to be an average sort of guy, therefore if I had valid reasons for wishing to leave, then I can only assume that others, like me, had their own valid reasons for voting "leave". I took no notice of the bollocks, mainly spouted by the Remain group. Even now, the only thing they seem to be able to bring up are some imagined words on the side of a bus …. It beats me why they keep referring to this, as you only have to look at the pictures of that bloody bus to see that it doesn't say what they swear blind it does. Therefore, the remainers are still spouting their doom and gloom, refusing to accept that there could possibly be an upside to Brexit, which there clearly is. I think most leavers have remained true to their initial beliefs, certainly the people I speak with have not changed their thinking one iota. If anything, the traitorous outpourings of the "lets have another referendum" crowd, have only served to stiffen the backbone of the "leavers", to ensure we make the most of it. To ensure that we remain a free and independent nation, with our own laws and our own boundaries, beholden to nobody. A country in which we can take pride, and an ability to say "We're British", and mean it.

By *annyboy87  (M) 14 weeks ago

"I voted to leave, but I didn't expect "Leave" to win the referendum. I consider myself to be an average sort of guy, therefore if I had valid reasons for wishing to leave, then I can only assume that others, like me, had their own valid reasons for voting "leave". I took no notice of the bollocks, mainly spouted by the Remain group. Even now, the only thing they seem to be able to bring up are some imagined words on the side of a bus …. It beats me why they keep referring to this, as you only have to look at the pictures of that bloody bus to see that it doesn't say what they swear blind it does. Therefore, the remainers are still spouting their doom and gloom, refusing to accept that there could possibly be an upside to Brexit, which there clearly is. I think most leavers have remained true to their initial beliefs, certainly the people I speak with have not changed their thinking one iota. If anything, the traitorous outpourings of the "lets have another referendum" crowd, have only served to stiffen the backbone of the "leavers", to ensure we make the most of it. To ensure that we remain a free and independent nation, with our own laws and our own boundaries, beholden to nobody. A country in which we can take pride, and an ability to say "We're British", and mean it."

very well said mr c

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

(user no longer on site) The politician has left the building.

By *annyboy87  (M) 13 weeks ago

"(user no longer on site) The politician has left the building. "

what is this comment all about

"(user no longer on site) The politician has left the building. what is this comment all about "

WOOSH!

"(user no longer on site) The politician has left the building. what is this comment all about WOOSH!"

who is the politician?

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 13 weeks ago

I think he means that the person who started this thread how now let the site. Can't remember who it was.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ikkey69  (M) 13 weeks ago

The fact that the total crap spouted by the politicians ( may and co) who wish to ignore the democratic vote of the british people is the “ This MAY happen and That MAY happen” scaremongering to try and influence the peoples choice is absolutely disgracful.

Nowhere do any of these statements say “This WILL Happen or THAT will happen “ because the fact is NOBODY KNOWS what will happen !!

The only thing that we, the british public voted for was to LEAVE the european union!!

WHEN we leave , then and only then, is when we trade with antone we want !!

Thats why the EU dont want us to leave as it could well create a fomino effect and others may want to keave also, therby spoiling Barnier and all the other eurocrats from having a cushy number with all the countrys picking up the bill !!

"I think he means that the person who started this thread how now let the site. Can't remember who it was."

. That's exactly what i meant and joking about it being a politician. I won't give up my day job.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 13 weeks ago

"The fact that the total crap spouted by the politicians ( may and co) who wish to ignore the democratic vote of the british people is the “ This MAY happen and That MAY happen” scaremongering to try and influence the peoples choice is absolutely disgracful.

Nowhere do any of these statements say “This WILL Happen or THAT will happen “ because the fact is NOBODY KNOWS what will happen !!

The only thing that we, the british public voted for was to LEAVE the european union!!

WHEN we leave , then and only then, is when we trade with antone we want !!

Thats why the EU dont want us to leave as it could well create a fomino effect and others may want to keave also, therby spoiling Barnier and all the other eurocrats from having a cushy number with all the countrys picking up the bill !!"

I imagine that the EU politicians are as sick of Brexit as we are but it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the EU citizens are oblivious of all this garbage.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *utitinmybum   profile verified by photo (M) 13 weeks ago

"I voted to leave, but I didn't expect "Leave" to win the referendum. I consider myself to be an average sort of guy, therefore if I had valid reasons for wishing to leave, then I can only assume that others, like me, had their own valid reasons for voting "leave". I took no notice of the bollocks, mainly spouted by the Remain group. Even now, the only thing they seem to be able to bring up are some imagined words on the side of a bus …. It beats me why they keep referring to this, as you only have to look at the pictures of that bloody bus to see that it doesn't say what they swear blind it does. Therefore, the remainers are still spouting their doom and gloom, refusing to accept that there could possibly be an upside to Brexit, which there clearly is. I think most leavers have remained true to their initial beliefs, certainly the people I speak with have not changed their thinking one iota. If anything, the traitorous outpourings of the "lets have another referendum" crowd, have only served to stiffen the backbone of the "leavers", to ensure we make the most of it. To ensure that we remain a free and independent nation, with our own laws and our own boundaries, beholden to nobody. A country in which we can take pride, and an ability to say "We're British", and mean it. very well said mr c "

I totally agree I normally don't become involved in political discussion but I voted to leave,I also voted against joining the market in the beginning when it was meant to be only trading membership.We voted democratically to leave so let us just go and see how many other countries decide to follow.We are a proud resilient country and we will succeed.

"I voted to leave, but I didn't expect "Leave" to win the referendum. I consider myself to be an average sort of guy, therefore if I had valid reasons for wishing to leave, then I can only assume that others, like me, had their own valid reasons for voting "leave". I took no notice of the bollocks, mainly spouted by the Remain group. Even now, the only thing they seem to be able to bring up are some imagined words on the side of a bus …. It beats me why they keep referring to this, as you only have to look at the pictures of that bloody bus to see that it doesn't say what they swear blind it does. Therefore, the remainers are still spouting their doom and gloom, refusing to accept that there could possibly be an upside to Brexit, which there clearly is. I think most leavers have remained true to their initial beliefs, certainly the people I speak with have not changed their thinking one iota. If anything, the traitorous outpourings of the "lets have another referendum" crowd, have only served to stiffen the backbone of the "leavers", to ensure we make the most of it. To ensure that we remain a free and independent nation, with our own laws and our own boundaries, beholden to nobody. A country in which we can take pride, and an ability to say "We're British", and mean it. very well said mr c I totally agree I normally don't become involved in political discussion but I voted to leave,I also voted against joining the market in the beginning when it was meant to be only trading membership.We voted democratically to leave so let us just go and see how many other countries decide to follow.We are a proud resilient country and we will succeed."

"Not read any of the posts however I will add my cocks worth’s and I say remain as if we don’t we’ll be a Greece style country with unemployment on a scale we’ve never seen in this country since the Great Depression of the 1920’s FACT! Like climate change deniers you can’t deny we are all fucked and not in a good way! Burry your head in the sand and we’ll be better off! You idiots can’t see further than your own nose! Look info our relationships with Europe and you’ll see how intertwined we are that to leave is economic suicide! Seriously plonkers look into it and see little Britain stand alone island is a wankers dream ??"

noticed that the word FACT has been used

Can you back your words up with actual fact , have cheek to call leavers idiots but can’t back your words up with prove

I put it to you that you are speculating what will happen, and last time I looked speculation doesn’t mean FACT

Unless you have an crystal ball that is

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 13 weeks ago

I think the EU have a significant problem on their hands.

They have to make it clear we are worse off for leaving and they cant afford to have an unfettered UK right on their doorstep because we may deregulate and reduce tax attracting significant investment.

Within the EU we can be controlled so it's in their interests to do a good deal but they can't be seen to make it pay to leave!

Square that circle!

It's a typical Remainiac trademark, posting assumptions and personal opinions as 'Fact' The other word they're very fond of is 'Truth' Maybe instead of posting nonsense on forums and chat rooms their time would be better spent looking up the meaning of those words in a dictionary!

I don't know where they get their 'truth' and 'facts' from anyway - probably Mystic Meg! I wonder if they're any good at Lottery predictions?

"It's a typical Remainiac trademark, posting assumptions and personal opinions as 'Fact' The other word they're very fond of is 'Truth' Maybe instead of posting nonsense on forums and chat rooms their time would be better spent looking up the meaning of those words in a dictionary!

I don't know where they get their 'truth' and 'facts' from anyway - probably Mystic Meg! I wonder if they're any good at Lottery predictions?"

bloody hell we are in agreement on something I want tho crystal ball that they using

By *oword  (M) 13 weeks ago

Thought the called this a Cottaging site not a polical site x

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 13 weeks ago

"It's a typical Remainiac trademark, posting assumptions and personal opinions as 'Fact' The other word they're very fond of is 'Truth' Maybe instead of posting nonsense on forums and chat rooms their time would be better spent looking up the meaning of those words in a dictionary!

I don't know where they get their 'truth' and 'facts' from anyway - probably Mystic Meg! I wonder if they're any good at Lottery predictions?"

The same post would be just as true if you replace 'Remainic' with 'Breliever'. There are not yet any facts about the Brexit debacle except that the negotiations seem to have hit the wall again. Predictions about a land of milk and honey where democracy is king are also just based on assumptions and hopes and could equally stem from Mystic Meg.

"Thought the called this a Cottaging site not a polical site x"

Did you not read the heading of this forum? It's called the POLITICS forum!

Do try and keep up. There are plenty of other options to choose from if you just want to talk about cock or panties!

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 13 weeks ago

"Thought the called this a Cottaging site not a polical site x

Did you not read the heading of this forum? It's called the POLITICS forum!

Do try and keep up. There are plenty of other options to choose from if you just want to talk about cock or panties! "

I don't know where they get their 'truth' and 'facts' from anyway - probably Mystic Meg! I wonder if they're any good at Lottery predictions?

The same post would be just as true if you replace 'Remainic' with 'Breliever'. There are not yet any facts about the Brexit debacle except that the negotiations seem to have hit the wall again. Predictions about a land of milk and honey where democracy is king are also just based on assumptions and hopes and could equally stem from Mystic Meg."

Seeing as you like to hang on my every word you'll have noticed that I've already said I wasn't influenced by anything that was said by either side in the run-up to the Referendum. I have my own views about why we should leave the EU that pre-dates anything that was said at the time and still do, despite all the crap that's being bandied around by the Remainiacs about many of us that voted to Leave changing our minds.