New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login367305 members (131 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > LPUK.

See newest message in thread

LPUK.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

What does the Libertarian Party UK stand for?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aravaggio  (M) 15 weeks ago

LPUK stands for lower taxes for both individuals and companies, small government, free speech and individual responsibility. We support free trade and free enterprise whilst believing that people should make their own choices and not rely on the government. We support a withdrawal from the European Union and a return to the free trade agreements that it was founded on.

The LPUK is a broad libertarian platform which takes a realistic view on libertarianism in the UK and our policies and mission statements reflect that. The Party exists solely to give voters a chance to vote for Liberty and a small State, it does not claim to have leadership of the Libertarian Movement, or represent all of the many strands of Libertarian thought.

For those who have a deeper understanding of politics, The Libertarian Party UK is a Classical Liberal Regionalist and Minarchist organisation. It is not an Anarchist Collective. We have a Constitution that all members who join assent voluntarily to abide by. If you don’t like elections and being in a Constitutional Party don’t join the LPUK.

The above is an excerpt from their website. I've read it half a dozen times, and I'm still none the wiser as to what it is they stand for, so sorry, I cannot help you.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

Until I read your last sentence, Mr C, I thought you were a member of LPUK. Even its leader

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sunamiwarrior   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

"Until I read your last sentence, Mr C, I thought you were a member of LPUK. Even its leader "

I thought the same .... a party for Brexit with U.K. in its title .... I looked the see if Farage as around somewhere.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 15 weeks ago

"Until I read your last sentence, Mr C, I thought you were a member of LPUK. Even its leader

I thought the same .... a party for Brexit with U.K. in its title .... I looked the see if Farage as around somewhere. "

He's busy forming Farage UK - I can't imagine what the acronym might be

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 15 weeks ago

It sounds a bit like the tea party in the US. Low taxes and small government means replacing the NHS with private insurance, if you can’t afford it you rely on charity or die.

It would also mean the repeal of all regulations so you are free to work for £2 per hour if you so choose. No more sell by dates or lists of ingredients or weights and measures, caveat emptore.

Strangely they tend to be much more keen on passport regulations.

No, I'm leader of the BPP (Ban the Politician Party). We're a fledgling organisation that believes politicians are the last people on earth who should practice politics.

We undertake, that when in power, we will erase the word politician from all dictionaries, and anyone who refers to themselves as such will be summarily tried by a people's court, and probably executed immediately. We, as a party, do not see the point in messing about.

We believe in turning all greenfield spaces over to agriculture, and we will make it a crime to sell out of season produce, or to import foreign foodstuffs. Self sufficiency is our byword. Golf courses will be exempt from our greenfield rules, as will playing fields and designated dogging sites.

Every encouragement will be given to our fishing fleets, and we will build 50 new Corvettes to protect them when fishing in foreign waters, as who is to say you didn't just drift in on the tide and thought, hmm lovely scallops … yum yum.

We will enact a flat rate of income tax of 15% for every person over the age of 21, and for any size business, it will be 15% of TURNOVER produced in this country, not profit …. wriggle out of that one you scurrilous bastards.

The Road Fund Licence will double, but in return, we will enact a road building and improvement program that ensures the continuity of personal transport. City centres will be demolished, and contain only the football ground/s and associated car parks for that particular city. We will listen to all arguments for London being a devolved independent nation, as lets face it, its got fuck all to do with the rest of the country, has it?

All education up to degree standard will be provided foc, as long as the degree is from a designated Need List, as promulgated by our home owned industries. If you wish to pursue further studies such as Media, American Studies, or some other crap, by all means, fill yer boots, but it'll cost you £20k/term. All foreign students will pay £15K per year irrespective of course, but this will include continental breakfast.

We believe in a visible police presence, and will employ very big policemen in order to ensure this policy is seen to be happening.

Our Border Force will be given powers of arrest, and where necessary, steel toecapped boots when an errant Frenchie needs kicking up his jacksy as he is turned around and told to fuck off whence he came. We, in the BPP, believe in a close relationship with our European neighbours, but no closer than 22 miles of wet stuff. Aeroplanes may land by appointment.

We hope that the above has encouraged you to investigate further, the aims of the BPP. A donation of £25 (Labour must be bonkers only asking £3) will mean you receive our welcome pack, which includes a window sticker, in an attractive colour scheme of black white and red, which enable you to proudly state your adherence to our ethics. You will also be given your own membership number, which upon our election to government, you may proudly tattoo across your forehead.

XXX pic...
login to view

"It sounds a bit like the tea party in the US. Low taxes and small government means replacing the NHS with private insurance, if you can’t afford it you rely on charity or die.

It would also mean the repeal of all regulations so you are free to work for £2 per hour if you so choose. No more sell by dates or lists of ingredients or weights and measures, caveat emptore.

Strangely they tend to be much more keen on passport regulations."

is this to keep the population from escaping?

XXX pic...
login to view

"No, I'm leader of the BPP (Ban the Politician Party). We're a fledgling organisation that believes politicians are the last people on earth who should practice politics.

We undertake, that when in power, we will erase the word politician from all dictionaries, and anyone who refers to themselves as such will be summarily tried by a people's court, and probably executed immediately. We, as a party, do not see the point in messing about.

We believe in turning all greenfield spaces over to agriculture, and we will make it a crime to sell out of season produce, or to import foreign foodstuffs. Self sufficiency is our byword. Golf courses will be exempt from our greenfield rules, as will playing fields and designated dogging sites.

Every encouragement will be given to our fishing fleets, and we will build 50 new Corvettes to protect them when fishing in foreign waters, as who is to say you didn't just drift in on the tide and thought, hmm lovely scallops … yum yum.

We will enact a flat rate of income tax of 15% for every person over the age of 21, and for any size business, it will be 15% of TURNOVER produced in this country, not profit …. wriggle out of that one you scurrilous bastards.

The Road Fund Licence will double, but in return, we will enact a road building and improvement program that ensures the continuity of personal transport. City centres will be demolished, and contain only the football ground/s and associated car parks for that particular city. We will listen to all arguments for London being a devolved independent nation, as lets face it, its got fuck all to do with the rest of the country, has it?

All education up to degree standard will be provided foc, as long as the degree is from a designated Need List, as promulgated by our home owned industries. If you wish to pursue further studies such as Media, American Studies, or some other crap, by all means, fill yer boots, but it'll cost you £20k/term. All foreign students will pay £15K per year irrespective of course, but this will include continental breakfast.

We believe in a visible police presence, and will employ very big policemen in order to ensure this policy is seen to be happening.

Our Border Force will be given powers of arrest, and where necessary, steel toecapped boots when an errant Frenchie needs kicking up his jacksy as he is turned around and told to fuck off whence he came. We, in the BPP, believe in a close relationship with our European neighbours, but no closer than 22 miles of wet stuff. Aeroplanes may land by appointment.

We hope that the above has encouraged you to investigate further, the aims of the BPP. A donation of £25 (Labour must be bonkers only asking £3) will mean you receive our welcome pack, which includes a window sticker, in an attractive colour scheme of black white and red, which enable you to proudly state your adherence to our ethics. You will also be given your own membership number, which upon our election to government, you may proudly tattoo across your forehead."

You've got my vote, where do I send the money? You've not mentioned sex - is that allowed/discouraged/only permitted with humans?

*reshMeatKent By *reshMeatKent  (M) 15 weeks ago

career politicians are in it for the gravy train, they haven't actually experienced real life, which should be a prerequisite (5 years at least). No family member should be allowed to work for them and of course, their politics has been learnt from college or university professors who have a political leaning and therefore agenda to indoctrinate people how they think the country should be run.

By *annyboy87  (M) 15 weeks ago

"career politicians are in it for the gravy train, they haven't actually experienced real life, which should be a prerequisite (5 years at least). No family member should be allowed to work for them and of course, their politics has been learnt from college or university professors who have a political leaning and therefore agenda to indoctrinate people how they think the country should be run."

a good idea

"

You've got my vote, where do I send the money? You've not mentioned sex - is that allowed/discouraged/only permitted with humans?"

Upon election to Government, we promise to hold a referendum on sexual practices. Anything receiving 1% or more of the vote will be made legal. As for those in the minorities, your front doors will be painted with a big red P..... unless your front door is red …. err... gimme a chance, I haven't thought this through! … err .. don't forget the £25, guvnor'.

XXX pic...
login to view

"

You've got my vote, where do I send the money? You've not mentioned sex - is that allowed/discouraged/only permitted with humans?

Upon election to Government, we promise to hold a referendum on sexual practices. Anything receiving 1% or more of the vote will be made legal. As for those in the minorities, your front doors will be painted with a big red P..... unless your front door is red …. err... gimme a chance, I haven't thought this through! … err .. don't forget the £25, guvnor'."

american express luvvy?

Surprised you didn't offer Diners …

XXX pic...
login to view

"Surprised you didn't offer Diners … "

I’m trying to lose weight