New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login366318 members (10 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > 236 Party

See newest message in thread

236 Party

By *aravaggio  (M) 15 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Nigel to form and lead a new political party?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

Since he resigned from UKIP I thought it inevitable that he would either form a new party or take over an existing one. What is the significance of 236. Just googled it and it came up with a load of gumpf about sun loungers

By *aravaggio  (M) 15 weeks ago

23rd of June..??

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 15 weeks ago

it's the last 3 numbers of Dignitas - he needs it

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

"23rd of June..??"

So another one-trick-pony party

By *annyboy87  (M) 15 weeks ago

"Nigel to form and lead a new political party?"

let's hope it works out

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 15 weeks ago

"Nigel to form and lead a new political party?let's hope it works out "

Let's hope it doesn't. For those who criticise May and would prefer someone like Farage in charge, have a look at his attendance record in the Parliament. And he was looking very comfortable in Strasbourg when interviewed yesterday before heading to another luxury venue in Brussels. He is a dangerous braying menace.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 14 weeks ago

"Nigel to form and lead a new political party?let's hope it works out

Let's hope it doesn't. For those who criticise May and would prefer someone like Farage in charge, have a look at his attendance record in the Parliament. And he was looking very comfortable in Strasbourg when interviewed yesterday before heading to another luxury venue in Brussels. He is a dangerous braying menace."

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 14 weeks ago

If there ever was a politician who is not a team player then it is Nigel Farage. A total maverick. Had he been born in a presidential democracy I am certain he would have ended up as an all powerful, populist president. During his tenure he was UKIP. Without him the party is a headless chicken drifting from one nondescript leader to another as the nails are banged swiftly in its coffin.

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential.

By *annyboy87  (M) 14 weeks ago

"If there ever was a politician who is not a team player then it is Nigel Farage. A total maverick. Had he been born in a presidential democracy I am certain he would have ended up as an all powerful, populist president. During his tenure he was UKIP. Without him the party is a headless chicken drifting from one nondescript leader to another as the nails are banged swiftly in its coffin.

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential."

Nigel isn't a teampplayer you are right there Mr nk but there is a few others like that too

By *aravaggio  (M) 13 weeks ago

"If there ever was a politician who is not a team player then it is Nigel Farage. A total maverick. Had he been born in a presidential democracy I am certain he would have ended up as an all powerful, populist president. During his tenure he was UKIP. Without him the party is a headless chicken drifting from one nondescript leader to another as the nails are banged swiftly in its coffin.

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential.Nigel isn't a teampplayer you are right there Mr nk but there is a few others like that too"

Politicians are team players??? Really?? Name me a team ….. I think you'll be hard pushed to think of anything but a team of one. …..

By *annyboy87  (M) 13 weeks ago

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential.Nigel isn't a teampplayer you are right there Mr nk but there is a few others like that too

Politicians are team players??? Really?? Name me a team ….. I think you'll be hard pushed to think of anything but a team of one. ….. "

again 110%correct there

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 13 weeks ago

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential.Nigel isn't a teampplayer you are right there Mr nk but there is a few others like that too

Politicians are team players??? Really?? Name me a team ….. I think you'll be hard pushed to think of anything but a team of one. ….. "

For some reason, and perhaps the media are to blame, we see politicians as a completely different species from the rest of the population.

You get good, bad, lazy, hardworking in all professions. Most of the politicians I have met, mostly local candidates and my local MP, have been hardworking and honest. I’m sure they are not all team players but probably more so than a group of workers in a factory or office.

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

The main backer who donated £3.3m to UKIP has said he will more than help a new Political Party if they are formed with similar aims to UKIP !

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 13 weeks ago

"The main backer who donated £3.3m to UKIP has said he will more than help a new Political Party if they are formed with similar aims to UKIP !"

I do not think the country would have much to do with a UKIP type party even those who believe Farage served his purpose to bring about Brexit.

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart.

By *annyboy87  (M) 13 weeks ago

"The main backer who donated £3.3m to UKIP has said he will more than help a new Political Party if they are formed with similar aims to UKIP !

I do not think the country would have much to do with a UKIP type party even those who believe Farage served his purpose to bring about Brexit.

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart. "

a political party with the interests of the country at heart that be a first

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 12 weeks ago

"The main backer who donated £3.3m to UKIP has said he will more than help a new Political Party if they are formed with similar aims to UKIP !

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart. a political party with the interests of the country at heart that be a first"

Do you seriously believe the Mail lol. Of course political parties have the good of the country at heart. Each party has its own ideas as to what is best for the country but that is their ultimate aim and how the judge their success as a party.

By *annyboy87  (M) 12 weeks ago

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart. a political party with the interests of the country at heart that be a first

Do you seriously believe the Mail lol. Of course political parties have the good of the country at heart. Each party has its own ideas as to what is best for the country but that is their ultimate aim and how the judge their success as a party.

"

yes you are right but only after they all looked after themselves

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart. a political party with the interests of the country at heart that be a first

yes you are right but only after they all looked after themselves "

That’s quite a naive stance. Politicians are just people like you and me. Some good and some bad but like most people they want to do a good job and be successful in their careers. Their success is measured in how they serve the community.

It may seem unbelievable but some people can’t even name their local mp let alone having spoken to them and discussed governmental issues.

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

he got us the referendum we wanted ,and as a previous persen said he is a maverick , then what is mrs may , we voted leave so get a life you snowflakes , the eu will e dead and buried within a year

"he got us the referendum we wanted ,and as a previous persen said he is a maverick , then what is mrs may , we voted leave so get a life you snowflakes , the eu will e dead and buried within a year "

That’s the attitude. Well said that man! If Brexit fails we were wrong but if it’s a success then we have succeeded and should be proud.

Not that I’m a fan of Farage.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 12 weeks ago

The one thing guaranteed is that ordinary folk, like you and me, will get fucked over regardless. Those funding stay or leave campaigns are doing so for their own ends. We're subjected to massive campaigns of fear, manipulation, brain washing, confusion, and more.

We stay or we go, nothing effectively changes, tax goes up, food goes up, less protection from the state if things go wrong for people and they need help.

Schools get worse, NHS crumbles, the roads stay pot holes, but the rich get richer, they make more, they tighten their grip on the reins of power.

This whole EU thing is not about British independence, or a federal Europe, it's about power, control, and oppression of the poor and middle classes for the benefit of the rich.

Look at the Labour Party, all those years in government, they made Mrs Thatcher look like a fucking moderate!

We need a new grass roots politics to sweep the board clean and restart on a fair and equitable basis, but the rich own the world, it will take decades if it ever happens at all to readdress the inequality and put usback to a fairer more caring society.

"The one thing guaranteed is that ordinary folk, like you and me, will get fucked over regardless. Those funding stay or leave campaigns are doing so for their own ends. We're subjected to massive campaigns of fear, manipulation, brain washing, confusion, and more.

We stay or we go, nothing effectively changes, tax goes up, food goes up, less likely protection from the state if things go wrong for people and they need help.

Schools get worse, NHS crumbles, the roads stay pot holes, but the rich get richer, they make more, they tighten their grip on the reins of power.

This whole EU thing is not about British independence, or a federal Europe, it's about power, control, and oppression of the poor and middle classes for the benefit of the rich.

Look at the Labour Party, all those years in government, they made Mrs Thatcher look like a fucking moderate!

We need a new grass roots politics to sweep the board clean and restart on a fair and equitable basis, but the rich own the world, it will take decades if it ever happens at all to readdress the inequality and put usback to a fairer more caring society."

very well put there

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 12 weeks ago

"The one thing guaranteed is that ordinary folk, like you and me, will get fucked over regardless. Those funding stay or leave campaigns are doing so for their own ends. We're subjected to massive campaigns of fear, manipulation, brain washing, confusion, and more.

We stay or we go, nothing effectively changes, tax goes up, food goes up, less protection from the state if things go wrong for people and they need help.

We need a new grass roots politics to sweep the board clean and restart on a fair and equitable basis, but the rich own the world, it will take decades if it ever happens at all to readdress the inequality and put usback to a fairer more caring society."

I agree with almost everything you have said. Except the last paragraph - that isn't going to happen no matter how long I live.

*avid93111 By *avid93111  (M) 12 weeks ago

With any luck the EU will start to disintegrate within the next two years. Italy will hopefully start the ball rolling, setting their own budget, and not the one the EU want, this will have the mob in Brussels stamping their feet, and threatening, 17 *25 million of us. hope so . It was always doomed to fail, one size does not fit all, different cultures , languages, different currencies, etc.

XXX pic...
login to view

In 2017, the UK's net public sector contribution to the EU was an estimated £8.9 billion. This is how much less the EU is going to have to manage without in due course.

It's difficult to see how they (the EU) will be able to manage to carry on "giving" to the less well off in the EU without this chunk of money in the future.

By *aravaggio  (M) 12 weeks ago

How can the EU continue to function? Well, as the organisation is so obviously a major philanthropic exercise, with Germany and France (who incidentally has been on the verge of bankruptcy for 20 years) being the kind hearted folk they undoubtedly are, then I'm sure the continued influx of ex soviet bloc countries along with their magnificently low standards of living, will continue to satisfy the urge to be magnanimous for many years to come....

XXX pic...
login to view

"With any luck the EU will start to disintegrate within the next two years. Italy will hopefully start the ball rolling, setting their own budget, and not the one the EU want, this will have the mob in Brussels stamping their feet, and threatening, 17 *25 million of us. hope so . It was always doomed to fail, one size does not fit all, different cultures , languages, different currencies, etc. "

I think we should run a book on who'll be next to splinter away from the EU - I don't think it'll be Greece - they're too much in debt to the EU.

"With any luck the EU will start to disintegrate within the next two years. Italy will hopefully start the ball rolling, setting their own budget, and not the one the EU want, this will have the mob in Brussels stamping their feet, and threatening, 17 *25 million of us. hope so . It was always doomed to fail, one size does not fit all, different cultures , languages, different currencies, etc.

I think we should run a book on who'll be next to splinter away from the EU - I don't think it'll be Greece - they're too much in debt to the EU."

Maybe Italy

But with all foretelled mess it's going to cause us maybe none

XXX pic...
login to view

Net beneficiaries are Poland, Hungary, Greece, Italy and Spain in terms of Regional Development, so it shouldn't be any of those - except that our going will leave a fair sized chunk of shortfall, so their benefit will be reduced.

I think it'll be Greece - they're arsey bastards in my view and they are still seething about germany owing them money

£25 billion on Greece it is!

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 12 weeks ago

You could be right about Greece. Their government won the election on the pretext that that they were going to stick two fingers up to the EU and not implement a policy of austerity. They have reneged on that promise and will have to face the electorate within 18 months so they might well fight it on a promise to pull out.

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 12 weeks ago

The Greeks certainly don’t have any love for the Germans but their government has complied with all the rules of the European Central Bank, Italy on the other _and has set a budget that blows them apart. I think the ECB is holding off from dealing with them until after Brexit in the faint hope we will remain. after we leave I think we will see the ECB impose penalties on Italy, maybe withholding payments as they have threatened to do with Poland.

If they don’t come down hard on Italy then many other countries will set rule busting budgets to win votes. If Italy doesn’t come into line they might drop out of the euro, but stay in the EU.

Politically Poland and Hungary are the most likely to leave but the financial support keeps them in, should the money dry up they may decide to leave and look eastward towards Russia and China.

XXX pic...
login to view

"The Greeks certainly don’t have any love for the Germans but their government has complied with all the rules of the European Central Bank, Italy on the other _and has set a budget that blows them apart. I think the ECB is holding off from dealing with them until after Brexit in the faint hope we will remain. after we leave I think we will see the ECB impose penalties on Italy, maybe withholding payments as they have threatened to do with Poland.

If they don’t come down hard on Italy then many other countries will set rule busting budgets to win votes. If Italy doesn’t come into line they might drop out of the euro, but stay in the EU.

Politically Poland and Hungary are the most likely to leave but the financial support keeps them in, should the money dry up they may decide to leave and look eastward towards Russia and China."

Nice analysis, so who’s your £25 billion on?

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 12 weeks ago

I believe the maverick government of Italy and the EU have now come to some kind of agreement over the budget. Greece could well be the next to leave. Hungary a possibility as Victor Orban is no fan of the EU. Poland's current ruling party is often at loggerheads with the EU as well. However the surprise country that might follow us out is Yhe Netherlands.

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 12 weeks ago

The Netherlands does have its anti EU and anti immigration groupings but it is also very tied to the German economy and has the Euro.

Brexit will have a big impact on the Dutch economy and an increase in Eastern European migration (the 300,000 per yearwho came here will have to go somewhere) might lead to an increase in anti EU sentiment but not enough to leave, rather they will try to change from within.

My money is on Poland to leave as it doesn’t like being dictated to by the EU on matters it considers to be internal National social policy. Then again it might be Sweden with a combination of leftists who don’t like giving up their well renowned neutrality to be part of the Euro Army and right wingers wanting to control immigration.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

I hear tonight that Nigel Farage is seriously thinking of either forming a new political party or joining an existing one in readiness to fight the May Euro elections if Brexit either get postponed or doesn't happen as a result of a fresh referendum.

By *annyboy87  (M) 10 weeks ago

"I hear tonight that Nigel Farage is seriously thinking of either forming a new political party or joining an existing one in readiness to fight the May Euro elections if Brexit either get postponed or doesn't happen as a result of a fresh referendum."

he maybe wrong person for job, but we do seriously need that third party the will add some serious competition to other two keep them on they toed

By *etssee5  (M) 10 weeks ago

Could someone remind me of the other parties that are accepting votes?

Theres the libs and the greens and then i am stuck. I do not even know if the raving looney party exists, did they merge into ukip? Their colours went that way but that is all i know.

Its no wonder a couple of millenia ago people had things written about them because of their great feats such as leading the people across a desert and fighting against the odds over persecution and opression.

That might be what we need now? A fucking Moses.

By *aravaggio  (M) 10 weeks ago

As opposed to a non-fucking Moses? ….. a fucking Moses … ….. sounds like some plastic novelty toy of dubious design …

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 10 weeks ago

Well Mr C I can't say that I have heard of the @Fucking Moses Party@ either but perhaps it does exist. There are a raft of small parties most of which never get on the ballot papers because they cannot afford the 500 pound deposit or get enough qualifying signatories. The Monster Raving Loony Party is alive and well and not affiliated to anyone. BNP still exists although I should imagine its membership has dwindled to next to nothing. At one time there was a quite sensible and promising party called the English Democratic Party advocating, amongst other things, a separate English parliament. Don't know what happened to them.

By *aravaggio  (M) 9 weeks ago

When this Brexit chaos has subsided, a new kind of politics in this country is sorely needed. Very few of the existing politicians seem to understand why they are in Parliament.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 9 weeks ago

"When this Brexit chaos has subsided, a new kind of politics in this country is sorely needed. Very few of the existing politicians seem to understand why they are in Parliament."

I agree but it won’t happen. After Brexit the government: any government: will be snowed under with new laws, regulations and procedures and will have no time for much else.

By *etssee5  (M) 6 weeks ago

"When this Brexit chaos has subsided, a new kind of politics in this country is sorely needed. Very few of the existing politicians seem to understand why they are in Parliament."

They are in parliament for the expenses claims. Other perks too no doubt. One thing is certain, they are not there to help people like me.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 6 weeks ago

"

They are in parliament for the expenses claims. Other perks too no doubt. One thing is certain, they are not there to help people like me.

"

Not necessarily true. There are bound to be some who just enjoy the prestige and money and don't do a lot for it. Most work hard and put in very long hours. Years ago I fancied becoming an MP [never got beyond an unsuccessful bid to be a councillor] but now I realise I would have hated it. Having to attend all those endless meetings, committees and function however boring and irrelevant they may seem. Plus having to be nice to everyone. No thanks.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 6 weeks ago

For the record there is now a new political party called The Brexit Party which was registered with the Electoral Commission on February 5th 2019 and is now eligible to appear on any future ballot papers. Evidently Nigel Farage is part of it [now there's a surprise] and says he will be an official candidate if Brexit is delayed and we end up participating in the European Parliamentary Elections that are scheduled for this coming May.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 1 week ago

"For the record there is now a new political party called The Brexit Party which was registered with the Electoral Commission on February 5th 2019 and is now eligible to appear on any future ballot papers. Evidently Nigel Farage is part of it [now there's a surprise] and says he will be an official candidate if Brexit is delayed and we end up participating in the European Parliamentary Elections that are scheduled for this coming May."

Good old Nigel !

By *aravaggio  (M) 1 week ago

Interesting few days coming up. Would love to see Mr Farage back in the fray. A lot of people need some home truths explained to them …..

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 1 week ago

I too hope he keeps appearing in his country squire outfit - his comic turns keep me amused as I think he is a good clown.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 1 week ago

I went for a job as a clown but got turned down because my feet weren’t big enough

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 4 days ago

It has been announced that Mr Nigel Farage has just been made the new leader of the fledgling Brexit Party

By *annyboy87  (M) 4 days ago

Hope he can make it work out this time

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 4 days ago

"It has been announced that Mr Nigel Farage has just been made the new leader of the fledgling Brexit Party "

Aren't they the lucky ones - they're welcome to him.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 4 days ago

"It has been announced that Mr Nigel Farage has just been made the new leader of the fledgling Brexit Party "

A few fledgling parties about now. Farage was bid8ng his time and keeping an eye on the situation before deciding whether or not to join in. Horrible little man but a good orator.

Nor really an orator, more of a rabble-rouser.

*elicityfellatio By *elicityfellatio  (TV/TS/CD) 4 days ago

Ah Mr Farage the failed Tory, tried 7 times to get elected, beaten by a man in a dolphin suit last time out, our hero

By *aravaggio  (M) 4 days ago

"Ah Mr Farage the failed Tory, tried 7 times to get elected, beaten by a man in a dolphin suit last time out, our hero"

He has never stood for Parliament as a Tory, only as UKIP and 5 times not 7.

He stood seven times - in 5 general elections and 2 by-elections - and lost every time.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *abby60  (M) 3 days ago

It seems Mr. Farage appeals to the many, and not the stuck up, pompous few.

Maybe people like himself, and Mr Trump are the future of politics. - people that do actually want to carry out the wishes of the public who trusted them with there vote ??

2016....the biggest vote turnout EVER in this country. Its obvious that people turned out to vote, BECAUSE of Mr. Farage, not despite him.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 3 days ago

I think his failure to be elected as an MP on numerous occasions probably shows that he does not appeal to as many people as he thinks.

XXX pic...
login to view

Future will tell.

- or are you actually one of the happy ones?

XXX pic...
login to view

Oh, and don't forget the 17.4 MILLION people who turned out to vote for what he stood for.....whether they liked him or not!!!

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 3 days ago

If Farage had joined the Conservative Party I have little doubt he would have long been an MP and possibly a minister. With our system it seems you cannot get anywhere unless you join one of the major parties.

Well, not many of them have turned out to support his march, in which he is not even taking part.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 3 days ago

It’s easy to mistake “having a crowd behind you” with being a respected leader.

A certain Adolf proved that many years ago with a _andful of supporters and a crowd joining in.

Now we see the same scenarios using social media dragging along crowds who just “join in” shouting tired old slogans mustering mindless support for all sorts of causes and “leaders”

XXX pic...
login to view

"Well, not many of them have turned out to support his march, in which he is not even taking part."

He announced publicly, that he would not be participating in all sections of the walk.

But if he marches past your window, showing 'the bird', please do tell.

XXX pic...
login to view

"If Farage had joined the Conservative Party I have little doubt he would have long been an MP and possibly a minister. With our system it seems you cannot get anywhere unless you join one of the major parties."

Thank god he didn't join 'the cons', NK. - he would now be tainted goods !

XXX pic...
login to view

I think 'Faragist', should be a new word, lol

Apparently, The National Trust has banned the walk from passing through any of their grounds !! How pathetic !

"Well, not many of them have turned out to support his march, in which he is not even taking part.

He announced publicly, that he would not be participating in all sections of the walk.

But if he marches past your window, showing 'the bird', please do tell. "

If that rag-tag little march passes my window, I'll show them the moon - but I'll have to be quick as there are so few of them they'll be past in about a minute.

"I think 'Faragist', should be a new word, lol

Apparently, The National Trust has banned the walk from passing through any of their grounds !! How pathetic !"

Why would they want to march through nt grounds ... scare a few old ladies? Disrupt families? Visit the souvenir shop?

Not a place for anyone’s marches.

Perhaps the Faragists are trying to get the wildlife on their side by hoping to march through NT. land. The might start championing 'votes for rabbits'

XXX pic...
login to view

Or maybe gobshite is just the result of eating too much quinoa, washed down with skinny latte ?

XXX pic...
login to view

"I think his failure to be elected as an MP on numerous occasions probably shows that he does not appeal to as many people as he thinks."

No, but he was elected, and re-elected as a member of European Parliament on 4 occasions in a row 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014. So i guess the old geezer deserves a bit of respect.

With his xenophobic and racist views he won't be getting any respect from me.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *exvanman1  (M) 3 days ago

"Nigel to form and lead a new political party?"

Is it called "the get the vote and fuck off party"

It should be based on his track record

XXX pic...
login to view

"With his xenophobic and racist views he won't be getting any respect from me."

There it is right there ! - Faragism at its worst !

"I think his failure to be elected as an MP on numerous occasions probably shows that he does not appeal to as many people as he thinks.

No, but he was elected, and re-elected as a member of European Parliament on 4 occasions in a row 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014. So i guess the old geezer deserves a bit of respect."

The EU parliament is elected by proportional representation via regions rather than constituencies. In 2009 even the odious Nick Griffin of the BNP got himself elected.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I think his failure to be elected as an MP on numerous occasions probably shows that he does not appeal to as many people as he thinks.

No, but he was elected, and re-elected as a member of European Parliament on 4 occasions in a row 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014. So i guess the old geezer deserves a bit of respect.

The EU parliament is elected by proportional representation via regions rather than constituencies. In 2009 even the odious Nick Griffin of the BNP got himself elected."

Correct NK.

Mr Farage was elected for the South East of England, iirc?

And you're right re: Nick Griffin

"With his xenophobic and racist views he won't be getting any respect from me.

There it is right there ! - Faragism at its worst ! "

You may call it Faragism, I call it realism. I find his views odious.

By *awtyCawty  (M) 3 days ago

"With his xenophobic and racist views he won't be getting any respect from me."

I’m sure that will keep him awake at night.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 3 days ago

"I think 'Faragist', should be a new word"

. There's an existing word that fits the bill perfectly, fascist.

You might want to think about our situation should him and his ilk ever come to power, we'll be among the first groups targeted! In today's world not too hard to round up either!

This must be 'I hate Nige Day'

By *annyboy87  (M) 3 days ago

"This must be 'I hate Nige Day' "

good idea Mr nk

March 23 has become hate nice day and then march 24 nice disappears day

"I think 'Faragist', should be a new word. There's an existing word that fits the bill perfectly, fascist.

You might want to think about our situation should him and his ilk ever come to power, we'll be among the first groups targeted! In today's world not too hard to round up either! "

I’m sure that will keep him awake at night."

I shouldn't think he will ever know as I'm sure he's not on here. Unless his minions report directly back to him.

XXX pic...
login to view

"This must be 'I hate Nige Day' "

I agree !

So many pacifists here, yet so much hatred! Our Nigel would be the recipient of so much love, - if he wasn't so bloody British !!

"This must be 'I hate Nige Day'

I agree !

So many pacifists here, yet so much hatred! Our Nigel would be the recipient of so much love, - if he wasn't so bloody British !!"

Or .. if he wasn’t such an obnoxious twat !

I agree !

So many pacifists here, yet so much hatred! Our Nigel would be the recipient of so much love, - if he wasn't so bloody British !!

Or .. if he wasn’t such an obnoxious twat ! "

well said. Mr mikey

XXX pic...
login to view

I agree !

Oh, i rather like the chap.

Maybe he should start fucking people over. Like our current bunch do. That might gain him some popularity. I'll have a word.

I don't find him obnoxious although I am not a big fan of his. He's a bit slick and I don't really buy this 'beer 'n fags man of the people' nonsense. It's a bit gimmicky and a lot stage managed. He's undoubtedly a clever man and some of his opinions are valid if not all.

I agree !

But he did provide another comic turn today with his new hat! Could be just another endearing eccentric until he opens his mouth and starts spouting such hateful views.

XXX pic...
login to view

I agree !

But he did provide another comic turn today with his new hat! Could be just another endearing eccentric until he opens his mouth and starts spouting such hateful views."

I get the opinion from your posts, that you just don't like anyone that doesn't agree with your views. Don't you think that's just a little borish.

I have over the years given ample reasons why I dislike Farage so you just missed them. I respect many people whose views I disagree with but Farage is not one of them.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I have over the years given ample reasons why I dislike Farage so you just missed them. I respect many people whose views I disagree with but Farage is not one of them."

Yes, i remember some of your posts from a couple of months ago i think.

Was it not you who said you would happily take 3 or 4 illegally entered boat people into your home. But when i challenged you to take 3 or 4 homeless British people into your home, you wouldn't. Now that says a lot about a person. - if it was indeed you, of course.

I'm not getting involved in a slagging match. Pick on someone else. You have no idea of what I do to help the homeless, be they indigenous or immigrant. If you don't like my posts, just ignore them.

"I'm not getting involved in a slagging match. Pick on someone else. You have no idea of what I do to help the homeless, be they indigenous or immigrant. If you don't like my posts, just ignore them."

very well said Mr Eastkenter

I agree !

But he did provide another comic turn today with his new hat! Could be just another endearing eccentric until he opens his mouth and starts spouting such hateful views.

I get the opinion from your posts, that you just don't like anyone that doesn't agree with your views. Don't you think that's just a little borish."

Mr gabby

You have just described alot. Other posters that do that

For example there's quite afew that hate myself because I don't see Mrs may the way they do, and won't agree with them.

But you are wrong about Mr Eastkenter I'm afraid

XXX pic...
login to view

I'd imagine the last person he needs watching his back is you, Mr dan

"I'd imagine the last person he needs watching his back is you, Mr dan"

well that is your opinion and you are entitled to. It

Have a good weekend

Take no notice, Danny, it's called goading.

"Take no notice, Danny, it's called goading."

I know Mr Eastkenter it's what alot resort to.

But I'm the fool that falls for it then it looks like it's all me no one else.

Then love pointing it out, but no more I will learn to ignore promise that

By *awtyCawty  (M) 2 days ago

I shouldn't think he will ever know as I'm sure he's not on here. Unless his minions report directly back to him."

Nah you are thinking of Momentum. Their ‘brown shirts’ are everywhere.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 days ago

I shouldn't think he will ever know as I'm sure he's not on here. Unless his minions report directly back to him.

Nah you are thinking of Momentum. Their ‘brown shirts’ are everywhere."

That's true. They are a lot more prejudiced, extreme and dangerous than dear old Nige ever knew how to be.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 2 days ago

Probably wiser not to start ranking extremists in order of how dangerous they are - take our eye off the ball and defend some of them and they all prosper. ALL extremists are equally dangerous and frightening in my opinion.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 2 days ago

"Probably wiser not to start ranking extremists in order of how dangerous they are - take our eye off the ball and defend some of them and they all prosper. ALL extremists are equally dangerous and frightening in my opinion."

Wise words

*avid93111 By *avid93111  (M) 2 days ago

Rabble rouser, you remember them, Hitler, Scargill, Et al

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 days ago

"Rabble rouser, you remember them, Hitler, Scargill, Et al"

However much you might hate Farage you cannot put him in the same class as those two evil creatures.

By *annyboy87  (M) 24 hours ago

"Rabble rouser, you remember them, Hitler, Scargill, Et al

However much you might hate Farage you cannot put him in the same class as those two evil creatures."

only one of those was evil lol

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 24 hours ago

However much you might hate Farage you cannot put him in the same class as those two evil creatures.only one of those was evil lol"

I disagree. Hitler was definitely evil

By *annyboy87  (M) 16 hours ago

However much you might hate Farage you cannot put him in the same class as those two evil creatures.only one of those was evil lol

I disagree. Hitler was definitely evil"

as last we agree on something

Hitler is pure evil he wanted us to be in a mess he be laughing at us right now.

Afterall it's his eu idea that's got this country so divided

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 15 hours ago

However much you might hate Farage you cannot put him in the same class as those two evil creatures.only one of those was evil lol

I disagree. Hitler was definitely evilas last we agree on something

Hitler is pure evil he wanted us to be in a mess he be laughing at us right now.

Afterall it's his eu idea that's got this country so divided "

I don't think we agree at all. You missed my piece of irony. Also, hate to break the news to you but, even if some of the teories about him escaping to South America are true, Hitler id dead and nothing to do with the EU.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 15 hours ago

I don't think we agree at all. You missed my piece of irony. Also, hate to break the news to you but, even if some of the teories about him escaping to South America are true, Hitler id dead and nothing to do with the EU."

Lol. Farage is nothing like Hitler. The comparison would only be in the way so many followed blindly for no logical reason.

The E.U. want to become an enormous and powerful integrated group ... Hitler wanted to personally rule the world.

By *annyboy87  (M) 13 hours ago

Well I know some think Scargill was evil how he stood to Maggie or just the fact he was a c u next Tuesday.

Hitler is well and truly dead so obvious meant if he was alive

And he would be laughing at our embarrassing government.

Yes he wanted to rule the world but started with Europe.

By *annyboy87  (M) 13 hours ago

But can't put Farage with the the like s of those

*9al By *9al  (M) 13 hours ago

it will be interesting to see how history judges Farage , Scargill may be seen as a hero fighting against the evil Mrs T & a combe over that did not work .

By *awtyCawty  (M) 12 hours ago

I don't think we agree at all. You missed my piece of irony. Also, hate to break the news to you but, even if some of the teories about him escaping to South America are true, Hitler id dead and nothing to do with the EU.

Lol. Farage is nothing like Hitler. The comparison would only be in the way so many followed blindly for no logical reason.

The E.U. want to become an enormous and powerful integrated group ... Hitler wanted to personally rule the world. "

I would say Corbyn is more like Hitler. A shouty jealous inadequate socialist who hates Jews and rich people, and who is using rhetoric and bullshit to brainwash the general rabble and great unwashed. And they both have silly facial hair, although to be fair Hitler looks smarter and not like stig of the dump.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 8 hours ago

@NawtyCawty - Corbyn is an admirer of Stalin. That in itself should bar him from high office.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 8 hours ago

For all you call Scargill he was right on one thing. If we don't stand up to Thatcher then mining as an industry will cease to exist. Other than museums there are no deep mining operations in this country. Not one. The country is literally built of coal, and clean burn technology had been developed.

I do support the move to green technologies, but surely the miners deserved better than they got? The railways too, as the death of coal robbed them of 35% of their traffic. It's the knock on effect of losing one industry, from miners to hairdressers in communities that just cease to have a reason to exist.

Change is inevitable, but does it need to be so chaotic and heartless.

All political parties are equally to blame and at shame in this respect.

Look at your own job, how easy to replace you? My industry collapsed. I was in IT, UK IT was work leading, many of the best and brightest worked freelance. Then a Labour Minister, at the urging if her husband who happened to benefit massively, introduced tax law that favoured the giant offshore software housed and made working freelance nigh on impossible. At a stroke companies ditched Freelancers in favour of offshore software houses. Projects went from being small groups who delivered quickly and systems worked, to massive sprawling behemoths that take forever to deliver and don't work. Those developing them have no context in which to operate. They don't understand what they're doing, quite literally. Very clever people, but you need context. My work went to India and China. Before I gave up work my last few roles were exclusively fixing the dogs breakfasts these companies created. Highlight the issues, then lead the fixes. One design we sent to India was for a new report, it was mocked up on the computer and some _and written notes put on it, one saying "use the corporate colour scheme and correct fonts!", there was a manual for that, it should have taken a couple of weeks at most. Three months late it came back, wrong colour scheme, wrong fonts, and across the screen, and they were very proud of this, was a beautiful facsimile of my _andwriting scrawled electronically over the report saying "use the corporate colour scheme and correct fonts!". I was lost for words. I had to excuse myself and go for a walk before swearing at them, laughing at them, strangling the ones in the UK, or all three. Any of the _andful of previous developers would have known what to do...this veritable legion didn't have a clue between them.

I'd advise anyone at the beginning of their careers to pick something that needs you to be there to do the job, with actual skills, I used to say Dentist or Plumber. But my local Dental Practice have had one Romanian, a Portuguese, several Indians, a lovely lady from Chile, etc..., as for plumbers it's usually easier to learn Polish to talk to them. Learn a few stock phrases. I've nothing against these people as people, they're usually very nice people, but what are our kids going to do for a living?

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 6 hours ago

Scargill’s selfish, self serving communist influence decimated the mining industry for good but the damage he did to the miners and the mining community itself should serve as a warning for the future of extremism.

Pit closures were a Labour policy under Wilson. Wilson closed twice as many pits as Thatcher.

1965 to 1970 saw 211 pits close under Labour.

1979 to 1990 saw 154 pits close under the Conservatives.

Labour closed more mines in 5 years than Thatcher did in 11 years. Most pits had been shut before she even became leader.

Scargills war had nothing to do with helping miners, most didn’t want to strike but were bullied and even physically assaulted to “fall in line” as scargills flying pickets rampaged the country beating up miners who didn’t comply.

Incidentally the flying picket bully boys were paid out of the funds the public had raised to help by food for striking miner.

When I hear extremist trouble makers pushing for “action” I also see a history of similar actions in the past when it’s always the innocent and the ordinary person who gets hurt. Most of those taking “action” thrive on violence which is their driving force.

Scargill was everthing that’s was bad in society and we don’t need him or his extreme latter day cronies causing more problems in society.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 hours ago

Scargill used the Miners Strike as an instrument to bring down Mrs Thatcher's government. The miners strike of the early '70s had been the death knell of the Heath government so this odious little man thought he could do the same. Basically he was using the miners as pawns in a political game. However things had changed. The country was less reliant on coal, cheap imports from abroad were more readily available and he was up against a far more resolute character in Mrs T. A ll he ended up doing was bringing more misery and suffering to the mining community.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 4 hours ago

It's another situation where we haven't let the truth get in the way of a good story! The dominance of the red tops and the bias of the BBC in the period explains why the myth that Mrs Thatcher's primary reason for closing the pits was to destroy the NUM endures. Mr Wilson had already determined that coal had no future or place in his drive to modernise Britain and an examination of the nationalised coal industry revealed pits that were unsafe, uneconomic (literally no orders for the coal being dug) and requiring vast amounts of money to keep ventilation and water management systems open. That's why he closed so many of them during his two terms in office, broadly twice as many as Mrs Thatcher as already posted.

Add in the availability of cheap coal from abroad and you get an unsustainable model. Mr Wilson knew this and acted on it, the same set of circumstances faced successive governments who continued to close pits.

The problem was ideologically how to deal with the communities who were reliant on the pits for their livelihoods. Shamefully because labour were not admitting to any programme of pit closures all they really did was increase the unemployment benefit available. The Tories did admit to a programme and put in place grants for new employers to move to the areas and made very significant amounts of money available for business start-ups. It wasn't enough but there was more stimulation in the areas as a result.

Popular culture tells us Mrs Thatcher decimated the coal industry as an act of vengeance against the NUM, it makes much more interesting reading and stacks up the case against her. The fact that Mr Wilson sold them out years before just isn't as interesting!

By *awtyCawty  (M) 3 hours ago

The coal industry was a dinosaur just waiting to become extinct. Miners were paid far too much for doing the most basic of jobs. If your job can be done by a trained monkey or a machine then you are on borrowed time. Plus if you factor in the pollution and green issues relating to coal the death of it was long overdue. Good riddance.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *arried cock lover  (M) 3 hours ago

"The coal industry was a dinosaur just waiting to become extinct. Miners were paid far too much for doing the most basic of jobs. If your job can be done by a trained monkey or a machine then you are on borrowed time. Plus if you factor in the pollution and green issues relating to coal the death of it was long overdue. Good riddance."

Why do I get the feeling that you've never worked underground...?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 2 hours ago

Mining was a dirty, difficult and dangerous job and I wouldn't have done it whatever the pay!

The NUM opposed every closure, even those that were for safety reasons. They refused to countenance an orderly run-down of the industry and would not take part in retraining programmes or relocation allowances for workers. There was only one way and that was the continuance of the mines. Anyone who showed interest in being retrained or moving away was labelled a scab and became an outcast.

I stood on the steps of the City Hall and listened to Mr Scargill a few times. He was charismatic and easily made you believe the NUM were invincible.

The Cabinet of the day felt they had no choice but were genuinely shocked at the violent clashes in Yorkshire. Mr Scargill had declared war not Mrs Thatcher, but once into it could not back out. There was only ever one way it was going to go.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *arried cock lover  (M) 2 hours ago

"Mining was a dirty, difficult and dangerous job and I wouldn't have done it whatever the pay! "

Correct, it was also a skilled job,not something a trained monkey could do.

I completely agree with your thoughts on Scargill and his war on the Tories. Its well documented that old Arthur didn't take any pay from the union during the strike to show solidarity with the workers. What isn't so well documented is that he had set wife Mary up with a carpet shop, I think it was in Selby but I could be wrong about the location. He wasn't on any breadline but the Miners thought he was one of them.

By *aravaggio  (M) 2 hours ago

"The coal industry was a dinosaur just waiting to become extinct. Miners were paid far too much for doing the most basic of jobs. If your job can be done by a trained monkey or a machine then you are on borrowed time. Plus if you factor in the pollution and green issues relating to coal the death of it was long overdue. Good riddance."

I really think you ought to apologise for that post. Its pretty obvious you know nothing about working underground, especially some 50/60 years ago plus. There were plenty of skilled men, engineers/electricians/surveyors, working on a daily basis a mile or more underground. Yes, there were plenty who were working on their backs in a space barely big enough to turn around, and that takes a special kind of person to perform that task, day in day out. I freely admit, I couldn't do it. I come from mining stock, and it was the threat of the mines that pushed me to where I ended up in life. But please, don't knock those very tough, and those very brave men, and indeed, families. Look up how many died per year, then ask yourself if you would do the job. As I said, I think an apology is in order.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 42 minutes ago

"The coal industry was a dinosaur just waiting to become extinct. Miners were paid far too much for doing the most basic of jobs. If your job can be done by a trained monkey or a machine then you are on borrowed time. Plus if you factor in the pollution and green issues relating to coal the death of it was long overdue. Good riddance.

I really think you ought to apologise for that post. Its pretty obvious you know nothing about working underground, especially some 50/60 years ago plus. There were plenty of skilled men, engineers/electricians/surveyors, working on a daily basis a mile or more underground. Yes, there were plenty who were working on their backs in a space barely big enough to turn around, and that takes a special kind of person to perform that task, day in day out. I freely admit, I couldn't do it. I come from mining stock, and it was the threat of the mines that pushed me to where I ended up in life. But please, don't knock those very tough, and those very brave men, and indeed, families. Look up how many died per year, then ask yourself if you would do the job. As I said, I think an apology is in order. "

I agree

XXX pic...
login to view
By *arried cock lover  (M) 29 minutes ago

"The coal industry was a dinosaur just waiting to become extinct. Miners were paid far too much for doing the most basic of jobs. If your job can be done by a trained monkey or a machine then you are on borrowed time. Plus if you factor in the pollution and green issues relating to coal the death of it was long overdue. Good riddance.

I really think you ought to apologise for that post. Its pretty obvious you know nothing about working underground, especially some 50/60 years ago plus. There were plenty of skilled men, engineers/electricians/surveyors, working on a daily basis a mile or more underground. Yes, there were plenty who were working on their backs in a space barely big enough to turn around, and that takes a special kind of person to perform that task, day in day out. I freely admit, I couldn't do it. I come from mining stock, and it was the threat of the mines that pushed me to where I ended up in life. But please, don't knock those very tough, and those very brave men, and indeed, families. Look up how many died per year, then ask yourself if you would do the job. As I said, I think an apology is in order. "

This.

I tried to get away from working underground but the money kept drawing me back.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *and    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 18 minutes ago

I can't believe anybody that has worked in a mine would let a PRAT like you talk such shit and still walk

Add a new message to this topic