New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login367305 members (131 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > 236 Party

See newest message in thread

236 Party

By *aravaggio  (M) 5 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Nigel to form and lead a new political party?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

Since he resigned from UKIP I thought it inevitable that he would either form a new party or take over an existing one. What is the significance of 236. Just googled it and it came up with a load of gumpf about sun loungers

By *aravaggio  (M) 5 weeks ago

23rd of June..??

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 5 weeks ago

it's the last 3 numbers of Dignitas - he needs it

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

"23rd of June..??"

So another one-trick-pony party

By *annyboy87  (M) 5 weeks ago

"Nigel to form and lead a new political party?"

let's hope it works out

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 5 weeks ago

"Nigel to form and lead a new political party?let's hope it works out "

Let's hope it doesn't. For those who criticise May and would prefer someone like Farage in charge, have a look at his attendance record in the Parliament. And he was looking very comfortable in Strasbourg when interviewed yesterday before heading to another luxury venue in Brussels. He is a dangerous braying menace.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

"Nigel to form and lead a new political party?let's hope it works out

Let's hope it doesn't. For those who criticise May and would prefer someone like Farage in charge, have a look at his attendance record in the Parliament. And he was looking very comfortable in Strasbourg when interviewed yesterday before heading to another luxury venue in Brussels. He is a dangerous braying menace."

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

If there ever was a politician who is not a team player then it is Nigel Farage. A total maverick. Had he been born in a presidential democracy I am certain he would have ended up as an all powerful, populist president. During his tenure he was UKIP. Without him the party is a headless chicken drifting from one nondescript leader to another as the nails are banged swiftly in its coffin.

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential.

By *annyboy87  (M) 4 weeks ago

"If there ever was a politician who is not a team player then it is Nigel Farage. A total maverick. Had he been born in a presidential democracy I am certain he would have ended up as an all powerful, populist president. During his tenure he was UKIP. Without him the party is a headless chicken drifting from one nondescript leader to another as the nails are banged swiftly in its coffin.

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential."

Nigel isn't a teampplayer you are right there Mr nk but there is a few others like that too

By *aravaggio  (M) 3 weeks ago

"If there ever was a politician who is not a team player then it is Nigel Farage. A total maverick. Had he been born in a presidential democracy I am certain he would have ended up as an all powerful, populist president. During his tenure he was UKIP. Without him the party is a headless chicken drifting from one nondescript leader to another as the nails are banged swiftly in its coffin.

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential.Nigel isn't a teampplayer you are right there Mr nk but there is a few others like that too"

Politicians are team players??? Really?? Name me a team ….. I think you'll be hard pushed to think of anything but a team of one. …..

By *annyboy87  (M) 3 weeks ago

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential.Nigel isn't a teampplayer you are right there Mr nk but there is a few others like that too

Politicians are team players??? Really?? Name me a team ….. I think you'll be hard pushed to think of anything but a team of one. ….. "

again 110%correct there

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

If he formed a new party I think it would just be a repeat of the old with him ruling the roost and everyone else inconsequential.Nigel isn't a teampplayer you are right there Mr nk but there is a few others like that too

Politicians are team players??? Really?? Name me a team ….. I think you'll be hard pushed to think of anything but a team of one. ….. "

For some reason, and perhaps the media are to blame, we see politicians as a completely different species from the rest of the population.

You get good, bad, lazy, hardworking in all professions. Most of the politicians I have met, mostly local candidates and my local MP, have been hardworking and honest. I’m sure they are not all team players but probably more so than a group of workers in a factory or office.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *aked4u2   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

The main backer who donated £3.3m to UKIP has said he will more than help a new Political Party if they are formed with similar aims to UKIP !

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

"The main backer who donated £3.3m to UKIP has said he will more than help a new Political Party if they are formed with similar aims to UKIP !"

I do not think the country would have much to do with a UKIP type party even those who believe Farage served his purpose to bring about Brexit.

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart.

By *annyboy87  (M) 3 weeks ago

"The main backer who donated £3.3m to UKIP has said he will more than help a new Political Party if they are formed with similar aims to UKIP !

I do not think the country would have much to do with a UKIP type party even those who believe Farage served his purpose to bring about Brexit.

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart. "

a political party with the interests of the country at heart that be a first

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

"The main backer who donated £3.3m to UKIP has said he will more than help a new Political Party if they are formed with similar aims to UKIP !

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart. a political party with the interests of the country at heart that be a first"

Do you seriously believe the Mail lol. Of course political parties have the good of the country at heart. Each party has its own ideas as to what is best for the country but that is their ultimate aim and how the judge their success as a party.

By *annyboy87  (M) 2 weeks ago

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart. a political party with the interests of the country at heart that be a first

Do you seriously believe the Mail lol. Of course political parties have the good of the country at heart. Each party has its own ideas as to what is best for the country but that is their ultimate aim and how the judge their success as a party.

"

yes you are right but only after they all looked after themselves

Most would want a much less racist agenda and a party with the interests of the whole country at heart. a political party with the interests of the country at heart that be a first

yes you are right but only after they all looked after themselves "

That’s quite a naive stance. Politicians are just people like you and me. Some good and some bad but like most people they want to do a good job and be successful in their careers. Their success is measured in how they serve the community.

It may seem unbelievable but some people can’t even name their local mp let alone having spoken to them and discussed governmental issues.

By *ree and easy   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

he got us the referendum we wanted ,and as a previous persen said he is a maverick , then what is mrs may , we voted leave so get a life you snowflakes , the eu will e dead and buried within a year

"he got us the referendum we wanted ,and as a previous persen said he is a maverick , then what is mrs may , we voted leave so get a life you snowflakes , the eu will e dead and buried within a year "

That’s the attitude. Well said that man! If Brexit fails we were wrong but if it’s a success then we have succeeded and should be proud.

Not that I’m a fan of Farage.

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 2 weeks ago

The one thing guaranteed is that ordinary folk, like you and me, will get fucked over regardless. Those funding stay or leave campaigns are doing so for their own ends. We're subjected to massive campaigns of fear, manipulation, brain washing, confusion, and more.

We stay or we go, nothing effectively changes, tax goes up, food goes up, less protection from the state if things go wrong for people and they need help.

Schools get worse, NHS crumbles, the roads stay pot holes, but the rich get richer, they make more, they tighten their grip on the reins of power.

This whole EU thing is not about British independence, or a federal Europe, it's about power, control, and oppression of the poor and middle classes for the benefit of the rich.

Look at the Labour Party, all those years in government, they made Mrs Thatcher look like a fucking moderate!

We need a new grass roots politics to sweep the board clean and restart on a fair and equitable basis, but the rich own the world, it will take decades if it ever happens at all to readdress the inequality and put usback to a fairer more caring society.

"The one thing guaranteed is that ordinary folk, like you and me, will get fucked over regardless. Those funding stay or leave campaigns are doing so for their own ends. We're subjected to massive campaigns of fear, manipulation, brain washing, confusion, and more.

We stay or we go, nothing effectively changes, tax goes up, food goes up, less likely protection from the state if things go wrong for people and they need help.

Schools get worse, NHS crumbles, the roads stay pot holes, but the rich get richer, they make more, they tighten their grip on the reins of power.

This whole EU thing is not about British independence, or a federal Europe, it's about power, control, and oppression of the poor and middle classes for the benefit of the rich.

Look at the Labour Party, all those years in government, they made Mrs Thatcher look like a fucking moderate!

We need a new grass roots politics to sweep the board clean and restart on a fair and equitable basis, but the rich own the world, it will take decades if it ever happens at all to readdress the inequality and put usback to a fairer more caring society."

very well put there

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 2 weeks ago

"The one thing guaranteed is that ordinary folk, like you and me, will get fucked over regardless. Those funding stay or leave campaigns are doing so for their own ends. We're subjected to massive campaigns of fear, manipulation, brain washing, confusion, and more.

We stay or we go, nothing effectively changes, tax goes up, food goes up, less protection from the state if things go wrong for people and they need help.

We need a new grass roots politics to sweep the board clean and restart on a fair and equitable basis, but the rich own the world, it will take decades if it ever happens at all to readdress the inequality and put usback to a fairer more caring society."

I agree with almost everything you have said. Except the last paragraph - that isn't going to happen no matter how long I live.

By *avid93111  (M) 2 weeks ago

With any luck the EU will start to disintegrate within the next two years. Italy will hopefully start the ball rolling, setting their own budget, and not the one the EU want, this will have the mob in Brussels stamping their feet, and threatening, 17 *25 million of us. hope so . It was always doomed to fail, one size does not fit all, different cultures , languages, different currencies, etc.

XXX pic...
login to view

In 2017, the UK's net public sector contribution to the EU was an estimated £8.9 billion. This is how much less the EU is going to have to manage without in due course.

It's difficult to see how they (the EU) will be able to manage to carry on "giving" to the less well off in the EU without this chunk of money in the future.

By *aravaggio  (M) 2 weeks ago

How can the EU continue to function? Well, as the organisation is so obviously a major philanthropic exercise, with Germany and France (who incidentally has been on the verge of bankruptcy for 20 years) being the kind hearted folk they undoubtedly are, then I'm sure the continued influx of ex soviet bloc countries along with their magnificently low standards of living, will continue to satisfy the urge to be magnanimous for many years to come....

XXX pic...
login to view

"With any luck the EU will start to disintegrate within the next two years. Italy will hopefully start the ball rolling, setting their own budget, and not the one the EU want, this will have the mob in Brussels stamping their feet, and threatening, 17 *25 million of us. hope so . It was always doomed to fail, one size does not fit all, different cultures , languages, different currencies, etc. "

I think we should run a book on who'll be next to splinter away from the EU - I don't think it'll be Greece - they're too much in debt to the EU.

"With any luck the EU will start to disintegrate within the next two years. Italy will hopefully start the ball rolling, setting their own budget, and not the one the EU want, this will have the mob in Brussels stamping their feet, and threatening, 17 *25 million of us. hope so . It was always doomed to fail, one size does not fit all, different cultures , languages, different currencies, etc.

I think we should run a book on who'll be next to splinter away from the EU - I don't think it'll be Greece - they're too much in debt to the EU."

Maybe Italy

But with all foretelled mess it's going to cause us maybe none

XXX pic...
login to view

Net beneficiaries are Poland, Hungary, Greece, Italy and Spain in terms of Regional Development, so it shouldn't be any of those - except that our going will leave a fair sized chunk of shortfall, so their benefit will be reduced.

I think it'll be Greece - they're arsey bastards in my view and they are still seething about germany owing them money

£25 billion on Greece it is!

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

You could be right about Greece. Their government won the election on the pretext that that they were going to stick two fingers up to the EU and not implement a policy of austerity. They have reneged on that promise and will have to face the electorate within 18 months so they might well fight it on a promise to pull out.

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 2 weeks ago

The Greeks certainly don’t have any love for the Germans but their government has complied with all the rules of the European Central Bank, Italy on the other hand has set a budget that blows them apart. I think the ECB is holding off from dealing with them until after Brexit in the faint hope we will remain. after we leave I think we will see the ECB impose penalties on Italy, maybe withholding payments as they have threatened to do with Poland.

If they don’t come down hard on Italy then many other countries will set rule busting budgets to win votes. If Italy doesn’t come into line they might drop out of the euro, but stay in the EU.

Politically Poland and Hungary are the most likely to leave but the financial support keeps them in, should the money dry up they may decide to leave and look eastward towards Russia and China.

XXX pic...
login to view

"The Greeks certainly don’t have any love for the Germans but their government has complied with all the rules of the European Central Bank, Italy on the other hand has set a budget that blows them apart. I think the ECB is holding off from dealing with them until after Brexit in the faint hope we will remain. after we leave I think we will see the ECB impose penalties on Italy, maybe withholding payments as they have threatened to do with Poland.

If they don’t come down hard on Italy then many other countries will set rule busting budgets to win votes. If Italy doesn’t come into line they might drop out of the euro, but stay in the EU.

Politically Poland and Hungary are the most likely to leave but the financial support keeps them in, should the money dry up they may decide to leave and look eastward towards Russia and China."

Nice analysis, so who’s your £25 billion on?

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

I believe the maverick government of Italy and the EU have now come to some kind of agreement over the budget. Greece could well be the next to leave. Hungary a possibility as Victor Orban is no fan of the EU. Poland's current ruling party is often at loggerheads with the EU as well. However the surprise country that might follow us out is Yhe Netherlands.

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 2 weeks ago

The Netherlands does have its anti EU and anti immigration groupings but it is also very tied to the German economy and has the Euro.

Brexit will have a big impact on the Dutch economy and an increase in Eastern European migration (the 300,000 per yearwho came here will have to go somewhere) might lead to an increase in anti EU sentiment but not enough to leave, rather they will try to change from within.

My money is on Poland to leave as it doesn’t like being dictated to by the EU on matters it considers to be internal National social policy. Then again it might be Sweden with a combination of leftists who don’t like giving up their well renowned neutrality to be part of the Euro Army and right wingers wanting to control immigration.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 23 hours ago

I hear tonight that Nigel Farage is seriously thinking of either forming a new political party or joining an existing one in readiness to fight the May Euro elections if Brexit either get postponed or doesn't happen as a result of a fresh referendum.

By *annyboy87  (M) 22 hours ago

"I hear tonight that Nigel Farage is seriously thinking of either forming a new political party or joining an existing one in readiness to fight the May Euro elections if Brexit either get postponed or doesn't happen as a result of a fresh referendum."

he maybe wrong person for job, but we do seriously need that third party the will add some serious competition to other two keep them on they toed

By *etssee5  (M) 21 hours ago

Could someone remind me of the other parties that are accepting votes?

Theres the libs and the greens and then i am stuck. I do not even know if the raving looney party exists, did they merge into ukip? Their colours went that way but that is all i know.

Its no wonder a couple of millenia ago people had things written about them because of their great feats such as leading the people across a desert and fighting against the odds over persecution and opression.

That might be what we need now? A fucking Moses.

Add a new message to this topic