New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login366330 members (4 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Brexit deal

See newest message in thread

Brexit deal

By *annyboy87  (M) 14 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

https://youtu.be/6sGH_v1mDEE

Please watch and then read comments

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*arkNcl By *arkNcl  (M) 14 weeks ago

It's derivative but slightly amusing.

The PM had a job to do, she's done it. The EU negotiators have stated that with the UK desiring to leave both the customs union and the single market this is the only deal on offer.

Now the only question is, do we accept the deal or leave on WTO terms?

By *poty   profile verified by photo (M) 14 weeks ago

It's about time that someone on the tv went in to detail of the Brexit Deal. This is what is going to happen if we stay in or get out. They talk about the Brexit Deal all the time .But what is it . How is it going to effect me .. People tell me were be better if we get out . But don't know the deal details.

By *orthwalesmale1  (M) 14 weeks ago

Unfortunately Brexit is so complex that nobody can just tell you what is going to happen in the future. If you listen to the politicians then depending on if they are remainers or leavers you will get two completely different points of view on the future.

I think one way to think about it is to consider what would the Russian President want us to do. I am fairly certain he would want us to leave the EU. That should give people a lot to think about.

"It's derivative but slightly amusing.

The PM had a job to do, she's done it. The EU negotiators have stated that with the UK desiring to leave both the customs union and the single market this is the only deal on offer.

Now the only question is, do we accept the deal or leave on WTO terms?"

it's Mrs may that's stating this is only deal on offer. The EU have only said that they not going back to table.

By *orthwalesmale1  (M) 14 weeks ago

"

Now the only question is, do we accept the deal or leave on WTO terms?"

As it looks at the moment Mays deal is unlikely to get through Parliament unless she gets major chances from the EU (very unlikely).

If Mays deal is rejected then as the law stands we will be leaving on WTO terms end of March next year. However there is a big majority in Parliament against leaving on WTO rules this is probably the only thing in the HOC there is a majority for.

I suspect a general election or another referendum is quite likely to occur.

"

Now the only question is, do we accept the deal or leave on WTO terms?

As it looks at the moment Mays deal is unlikely to get through Parliament unless she gets major chances from the EU (very unlikely).

If Mays deal is rejected then as the law stands we will be leaving on WTO terms end of March next year. However there is a big majority in Parliament against leaving on WTO rules this is probably the only thing in the HOC there is a majority for.

I suspect a general election or another referendum is quite likely to occur."

that's exactly what path Mrs may is. Leading us down

She knows what to say in public to make it look like she is for country, knowing some fools will believe it especially those in love with her and up her arse

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 14 weeks ago

The second referendum is being called for by remainers, she could get one of her supporters to say Brexit is decided the referendum will be which deal the PMs or WTO. I think that would put a stop to the demands.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ljcleeve   profile verified by photo (M) 14 weeks ago

With this silly woman having backed us into such a bad corner we are rather stuck.

We need a referendum as the government seems to have forgotten what was actually voted for in the last one and has sold us down the river to a large degree.

They are now running scared that another in/out vote would overturn the last one as many can see that it was ignored.

A sensible compromise would be a vote on the terms, but it would be so complicated that it might be easier to forget the leave option, sort out the major problems over the next few years and try again then.

All these stumbling blocks should have been sorted out BEFORE the last referendum as they've been known for years.

"With this silly woman having backed us into such a bad corner we are rather stuck.

We need a referendum as the government seems to have forgotten what was actually voted for in the last one and has sold us down the river to a large degree.

They are now running scared that another in/out vote would overturn the last one as many can see that it was ignored.

A sensible compromise would be a vote on the terms, but it would be so complicated that it might be easier to forget the leave option, sort out the major problems over the next few years and try again then.

All these stumbling blocks should have been sorted out BEFORE the last referendum as they've been known for years."

totally true

But what do you expect from a remainer

By *aravaggio  (M) 14 weeks ago

Only a complete fool would vote for her plan. She knows it, and I admit to maybe misjudging her, as it now seems quite possible that she has been angling for leaving on WTO terms, all along. If that is so, then bloody well played!

"Only a complete fool would vote for her plan. She knows it, and I admit to maybe misjudging her, as it now seems quite possible that she has been angling for leaving on WTO terms, all along. If that is so, then bloody well played!"

If that's the case about leaving which I doubt she will deserve credit

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 14 weeks ago

The major problem with the deal is the Northern Ireland border, and the so called backstop.

Maybe there should be another referendum, but just for Northern Ireland. Accept a hard border or leave the UK and join a united Ireland.

They could stay in the EU, Germany set the precedent. Great Britain could leave the EU with no problem of the backstop tying us to the EU indefinitely.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 14 weeks ago

"The major problem with the deal is the Northern Ireland border, and the so called backstop.

Maybe there should be another referendum, but just for Northern Ireland. Accept a hard border or leave the UK and join a united Ireland.

They could stay in the EU, Germany set the precedent. Great Britain could leave the EU with no problem of the backstop tying us to the EU indefinitely."

Northern Ireland agree something? Not a cat in hells chance.

I think we should just allow those that want to leave to just go. It's a good idea - the UK could just be for those who want to stay, the rest of you . . . . well, there's the door.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 14 weeks ago

A good idea in theory Scouse. Northern Ireland has been a thorn in the side for as long as I can remember. Can't see a united Ireland happening and not even sure that a good many in the ROI would welcome it.

As for agreeing anything I believe that they now hold the record for the longest period between holding a legislature election and forming a government. Even though they were the most unlikely couple in the world, even Paisley and McGuinness managed to work together and got dubbed 'the Chuckle Brothers'. Now there is just stalemate.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 14 weeks ago

"The major problem with the deal is the Northern Ireland border, and the so called backstop.

They could stay in the EU, Germany set the precedent. Great Britain could leave the EU with no problem of the backstop tying us to the EU indefinitely.

Northern Ireland agree something? Not a cat in hells chance.

I think we should just allow those that want to leave to just go. It's a good idea - the UK could just be for those who want to stay, the rest of you . . . . well, there's the door."

I agree with you about getting the politicians there to agree about anything. Let the people decide for themselves.

Get guarantees that it will be an autonomous region, as it's meant to be now.

Anyone that wants to move to Great Britain is free to do so for 5 years.

Government help for business that wish to relocate here.

Ireland and the EU can foot the bill for the land and property.

Add a new message to this topic