New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login367305 members (131 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Migrants

See newest message in thread

Migrants

By *illanihole  (M) 3 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Since france decided to move the migrant community away from calais to various points arond the french/belgian coast we now have the boats crossing the channel depositing this unwanted band of people on our shores.

Remember the agreement that any and all people arriving in the uk should be given citizenship status over the two year transition period? yes of course its another EU trap dumping more immigrants on us simply because they dont want them. just in the past year they number over 1500.

Is it not time for more navy cutters to patrol our waters preventing this? surely the Govt can put extra resouces into our navy and protect our coastlines from this illegal trafficking. Send them back to france under the dublin agreement.That or just leave them to there peril after all the channel is a busy shipping lane and can get some quite rough seas anytime .

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 3 weeks ago

I think the only deterrent to migrants is going to be instant repatriation to their country of origin. Sounds harsh but it might be the only answer. I really cannot understand the French in allowing these camps by the ports. A very irresponsible way of doing things.

By *arry101  (M) 3 weeks ago

"Navy cutters" (an Americanism) would just be taxis for the illegal immigrants. They would still get here and be given everything they wanted. We all know the ones caught over Christmas are the tip of the iceberg and will live a life of luxury here, paid for by the taxpayers.

Immediate repatriation threats would mean they would have no documents and not know which country they came from. So once again we would be stuck with them.

Anyone up for sinking the boats? We tow them back to the coast of France and sink them. These people seem up for taking a risk so all good!

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 3 weeks ago

What nasty depressing opinions - whatever happened to empathy and compassion? No wonder the world is in such a mess.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 3 weeks ago

Sink the boats where they sit in the water, assume they are terrorists, it might deter others.

"What nasty depressing opinions - whatever happened to empathy and compassion? No wonder the world is in such a mess."

Empathy and compassion are one thing but being a soft touch and welcoming in all manners of people, who are going to be a burden on our already overstretched infrastructure and offer nothing in return, is quite another. A good many of these are economic migrants rather than ones fleeing civil wars and oppressive dictatorships, We can't just carry on letting hoards of people in when we cannot always look after our own.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *jknight  (M) 3 weeks ago

they could all go and live with mr _astkenter

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

"Sink the boats where they sit in the water, assume they are terrorists, it might deter others. "

Sinking the boats and drowning the families including women and children would be one way of keeping them out. It might be easier to come up with such remarks from behind a pc rather than be on the sea tipping those bastard families into the water to drown.

By *en_dune   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

im with mikey, 110%

By *poty   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

Put them straight back in a tuck boat and take them back to France . Don't let them stay here. If they know that is oing to happen they won't come in the first place.

By *annyboy87  (M) 3 weeks ago

"Sink the boats where they sit in the water, assume they are terrorists, it might deter others. "

I assume you don't like terrorism

But what you are suggesting is no better than terrorism

What needs to happen is once caught send them back to where thy have come from and definitely do not hold your arms welcoming them.

By *aravaggio  (M) 3 weeks ago

""Navy cutters" (an Americanism) would just be taxis for the illegal immigrants. They would still get here and be given everything they wanted. We all know the ones caught over Christmas are the tip of the iceberg and will live a life of luxury here, paid for by the taxpayers.

Immediate repatriation threats would mean they would have no documents and not know which country they came from. So once again we would be stuck with them.

Anyone up for sinking the boats? We tow them back to the coast of France and sink them. These people seem up for taking a risk so all good!"

Navy Cutter is NOT an Americanism. HMS Bounty was a cutter. Its just a name given to a certain size of ship. nothing American about it at all.

Maybe if the EU did something useful for a change, like looking to wipe out the gangs who take these poor sods money for a place in a deathtrap, instead of arguing whose border they are or aren't allowed to cross. Eradicate the cause, don't pander to the result.

Is this forum really so full of right-wing xenophobic bigots or are people just expressing such vile opinions to cause a stir? Just hope none of you are ever in trouble and needing help from other people.

"Maybe if the EU did something useful for a change, like looking to wipe out the gangs who take these poor sods money for a place in a deathtrap, instead of arguing whose border they are or aren't allowed to cross. Eradicate the cause, don't pander to the result."

absolutely correct there Mr c

"Is this forum really so full of right-wing xenophobic bigots or are people just expressing such vile opinions to cause a stir? Just hope none of you are ever in trouble and needing help from other people."

We would look after our own

We as a country are in no fit state to be looking after everyone else, so immigration needs to be stopped as there are part of problem why we are in a bit of a state bleeding our benefits system, our NHS etc.

I say bleeding it as they have not worked and contributed to anything.

Other problem is our government cutting everything but that's for another thread.

But in a way immigration is to blame for that too.

So till we are in a very good. Position to help these people we should turn away

"Is this forum really so full of right-wing xenophobic bigots or are people just expressing such vile opinions to cause a stir? Just hope none of you are ever in trouble and needing help from other people."

"Right-wing, xenophobic, bigots"..... there speaks a man of the left. But I'm not sure what any of those three things have to do with the migrant boat people problem? Shouldn't you be addressing your bile towards the lying, thieving pieces of excrement who are happy to push whole families towards their death for a few measly dollars or whatever????

Those are not the words of a man of the left, they are the words of any person of any political persuasion who is not anti-foreigner and acknowledges that there are plenty of room and resources in this country to help out refugees. We should do what we can to deal with people smugglers but we should not wish death in the sea on the victims when we are well placed to provide them shelter. The idea that this country is overrun with migrants claiming benefits and not contributing is pure myth.

I don’t think it has much to do with the French or the E.U. If those sailing over here were terrorists we would stop them relatively easy.

It is a British decision. A simple humane decision by a decent people who do not advocate torture, murder or even indifference to the suffering of others.

*9al By *9al  (M) 3 weeks ago

France is a democratic free country, if migrants have reached France they are safe so why do they need to cross into a smaller more crowded country ? it can only be because we are a soft touch or appear to be ?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *utitinmybum   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

Let's just tow them back to France and then sink their transport.

We have enough problems looking after our own people who are on assisted living.

I have paid into the system since I was working at 15 years of age.I am retired but still have to pay tax as I am just over the thresh hold.

I have never had any assistance even when I was unable to work due to accident.

Therefore I believe we shouldn't be giving assistance to immigrants who have not paid anything into our system but are expecting to be housed and looked after.

Our government really needs to change our laws and repatriate all those who shouldn't be here.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iwmwales  (M) 3 weeks ago

A refugee leaves an unsafe country to seek asylum in a safe country.

A migrant seeks formal permission to enter a country and to take up residence.

One who seeks to take up residence in another country and enjoy the fruits of the labour of that country's citizens is most commonly referred to as a criminal.

A simple DNA test to ascertain origin and a one way flight to that country is in order.

By *otoned  (M) 3 weeks ago

"France is a democratic free country, if migrants have reached France they are safe so why do they need to cross into a smaller more crowded country ? it can only be because we are a soft touch or appear to be ?"

There’s no appear about it we are

By *orum reader   premium paying member (M) 3 weeks ago

By *nderwearlover  (M) 3 weeks ago

Sorry but I think differently to others. I believe that just because I live here this does not give me the right to call it mine.

Calling them terrorists is like saying every person from ireland is in the I.R.A its rubbish.

As for saying sink the boats. There are desperate women and children on these boats who have given up everything except hope. Forgive my grammar its late in the evening.

Call me what you like as I have a thick skin. All are welcome in my eyes. There is plenty of space on this earth.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 3 weeks ago

I don't know or care what others think about this subject, I only know that if I was living in a war torn country, or a country where I couldn't provide for my children and I was offered a chance to go to a place where I was safe and had somewhere to care for my children, I would be the first on one of those little boats, and so would any of you.

*9al By *9al  (M) 3 weeks ago

there have been a few riots in France but its hardly "war torn"

XXX pic...
login to view

No it isn't, but a lot of their countries of origin are.So basically you are saying let France have them, not our problem?. Bit similar to Jews being turned away from our shores a few decades ago.

" All are welcome in my eyes. There is plenty of space on this earth.

"

Yes there is plenty of space on this earth. But that does not mean that everyone needs to crowd onto one tiny island that has enough problems of its own and is no longer self sufficient.

By *ohnBoy67  (M) 3 weeks ago

Agree with Nordic Knight: they should be repatriated to France, AND we should charge the French Gov't. 5 million Euro for each one.....

These people should be claiming asylum or whatever it is they want, in the 1ST safe country they get to - plenty of those between their home country and us!

We are an island, sinking with too many bloody illegals.....

The Home Office should get off their lazy backsides and do something about those that are already here, working illegally. I see them being picked to go to work every day. If I know about it, why don't they?

By *arry101  (M) 3 weeks ago

""Navy cutters" (an Americanism) would just be taxis for the illegal immigrants. They would still get here and be given everything they wanted. We all know the ones caught over Christmas are the tip of the iceberg and will live a life of luxury here, paid for by the taxpayers.

Anyone up for sinking the boats? We tow them back to the coast of France and sink them. These people seem up for taking a risk so all good!

Navy Cutter is NOT an Americanism. HMS Bounty was a cutter. Its just a name given to a certain size of ship. nothing American about it at all."

Lets go back a few hundred years and in the days of sailing ships it was indeed a British term. Nowadays it is only used by the American coastguard so get over yourself, clown.

The person in charge of the one ship patrolling in the Channel was on the local news yesterday and referred to his ship as a cutter so I assume it is a term they use even if it is not correct according to a dictionary.

"Agree with Nordic Knight: they should be repatriated to France, AND we should charge the French Gov't. 5 million Euro for each one.....

These people should be claiming asylum or whatever it is they want, in the 1ST safe country they get to - plenty of those between their home country and us!

The Home Office should get off their lazy backsides and do something about those that are already here, working illegally. I see them being picked to go to work every day. If I know about it, why don't they?"

How on earth do you know that the people being picked up to go to work are working illegally - did they tell you that? If so, your should report them to the relevant authorities.

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

"A simple DNA test to ascertain origin and a one way flight to that country is in order. "

How does a DNA test tell you which country they have come from?

By *orum reader   premium paying member (M) 3 weeks ago

Some of the comments made on this thread make feel ashamed to be British

How can anyone suggest just sinking boats full of people it's a terrible thing to suggest

XXX pic...
login to view
By *abby60  (M) 3 weeks ago

"Some of the comments made on this thread make feel ashamed to be British

How can anyone suggest just sinking boats full of people it's a terrible thing to suggest"

You're right !

I suggest our boat just keeps circling theirs, to stop them reaching our shores. They will sink eventually.

What part of "sorry,but we are full", do you not understand ??

How can anyone suggest just sinking boats full of people it's a terrible thing to suggest"

I agree but I hope people with such views are a tiny minority.

How can anyone suggest just sinking boats full of people it's a terrible thing to suggest

You're right !

I suggest our boat just keeps circling theirs, to stop them reaching our shores. They will sink eventually.

What part of "sorry,but we are full", do you not understand ??"

If we are 'full' then it's time to put a ban on people having more than one child to control the number of births.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *abby60  (M) 3 weeks ago

You're right !

I suggest our boat just keeps circling theirs, to stop them reaching our shores

If we are 'full' then it's time to put a ban on people having more than one child to control the number of births."

So you are suggesting that people who actually belong here, should have their family numbers controlled, to make way for immigrants??

And where else in the world, does that happen?

You're right !

If we are 'full' then it's time to put a ban on people having more than one child to control the number of births."

Compulsory vasectomies for immigrant! A brilliant idea

XXX pic...
login to view

Let's face it the majority who want to come here are looking for an easy life.There is also a fact that the majority of non British immigrant people have more children than British families,That's a stated fact.

We will soon be in the minority

XXX pic...
login to view

"Agree with Nordic Knight: they should be repatriated to France, AND we should charge the French Gov't. 5 million Euro for each one.....

The Home Office should get off their lazy backsides and do something about those that are already here, working illegally. I see them being picked to go to work every day. If I know about it, why don't they?"

I totally agree there isn't enough room or resources in this country for more illegals.Get rid of them.

One simple solution not birth control our own fir a start

Stop people coming into country, how the hell does birth controling our own help.

When you let people in that breed like rabbit's.

Noticed that some that cliam we are doomed because of leavers voting out of EU. Most just may have voted leave just because of illegals.

The illegals that's bleeding our country at every service we have got, money doesn't grow on trees.

That's why you may find that people just don't want these illegals coming in.

So if we want our country to be better off we need to do something about these illegals for a start.

Before this country is one big slum

"Let's face it the majority who want to come here are looking for an easy life.There is also a fact that the majority of non British immigrant people have more children than British families,That's a stated fact.

We will soon be in the minority"

once known as united Kingdom butbbecame united nations

XXX pic...
login to view
By *aked4u2   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

How come all these illegal immigrants are allowed to stay, they were trying to enter unlawfully ?

"Let's face it the majority who want to come here are looking for an easy life.There is also a fact that the majority of non British immigrant people have more children than British families,That's a stated fact.

We will soon be in the minorityonce known as united Kingdom butbbecame united nations"

I disagree. The majority who come here want to work hard and start new lives in a safer country for their families. It would be more correct to say the majority who are mentioned in the Mail are skivers or troublemakers but they do not represent the majority. You only have to open your eyes to see the majority of immigrants working in both menial tasks and highly qualified professions.

Danny. Sorry I don’t understand the last comment ??

We are called united Kingdom aren't we?

But with that many different nationalitys coming into country illegally

Might as well call us united nations that's what I meant Mr mikey

How can we look after everyone else when having trouble looking after ourselves?

We will soon be in the minorityonce known as united Kingdom butbbecame united nations

I disagree. The majority who come here want to work hard and start new lives in a safer country for their families. It would be more correct to say the majority who are mentioned in the Mail are skivers or troublemakers but they do not represent the majority. You only have to open your eyes to see the majority of immigrants working in both menial tasks and highly qualified professions.

Danny. Sorry I don’t understand the last comment ?? "

Your are right but facts seldom get in the way of prejudice - that would be most inconvenient

*kyblueboy By *kyblueboy  (M) 3 weeks ago

But why are they going through so many countries to get to ours ?we all know we are a soft touch they will get money and a house then bring there families over here , this country is a dump as it is , we cannot take any more people voted to get out of the Eu , this was the main reason too much immigration

XXX pic...
login to view

I agree we cant take every one of them, it has to be controlled, my point was that they are risking their lives to cross the channel the way they do.

We will soon be in the minorityonce known as united Kingdom butbbecame united nations

Danny. Sorry I don’t understand the last comment ?? "

The problem is, you cannot see the thousands who come in and disappear from sight, into the black economy or the criminal fraternity. The Home Office have admitted that they don't have a clue how many are actually in the country. So why is it deemed by so many that its still OK to accept even more?? Perhaps if all those bleeding hearts took a couple into their own homes, then I might change my tune somewhat, but all the while that no go ghettos are being created by "immigrants", then you'll pardon me if I continue to think that this "goodwill towards all men" attitude is bonkers! ….

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

I know exactly what you mean, we cannot keep taking all and sundry, the Government need to make new laws and stop the benefits of housing, money food etc. right across the board, if this was our policy and they were aware of it I feel sure a lot less would try and get here. I know this sounds harsh but you only have to look at Germany since Merkel opened the floodgates.

By *illanihole  (M) 2 weeks ago

Reading through the postings here it seems there are many who agree this country IS a soft touch and that is why illegal immigrants head our way. That is a fact. If these people want a safe place to live then France Belgium Spain or Germany are just as good a place as the UK

Its well known that we are a better place to get food shelter money and free medical help.

The French held these people in squalid camps giving them nothing letting them survive as best they can relying on charity.

Surely everyone can see that . And its obvious why the camps were smshed up set fire to and the people spread all around other coastal areas.

This is how the EU treats immigrants. Passing the buck and let others deal with them.

Send the boats back to france and see what happens then. Will the EU do anything? I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT

XXX pic...
login to view
By *aked4u2   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

It seems to me that France are more than happy to see the back of them but why is it not an automatic deportation when they have PAID a lot of money to be provided with a dingy to get across the Channel and avoid the proper Immigration Channels ?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

The problem as I see it is, we don't truly know what it's like to live in some of the countries that they are fleeing from.

I understand that we can't take everyone in, and I also know that refugees are meant to seek refuge in the first safe country that they reach. However, some of these countries are either current or former Commonwealth countries, and we had more than our pound of flesh from them!!!!

My biggest concern is that it appears to be the hard working, decent people that are targeted by The Home Office. They pay their taxes, don't claim benefits, and so are easy to track down. It's the people who shouldn't have been allowed in that are the problem. Even if they are EU citizens, murderers, rapists and other serious criminals seem to have unfettered access to The UK. These are the people that the border control and the police should be targeting.

By *annyboy87  (M) 2 weeks ago

"The problem as I see it is, we don't truly know what it's like to live in some of the countries that they are fleeing from.

I understand that we can't take everyone in, and I also know that refugees are meant to seek refuge in the first safe country that they reach. However, some of these countries are either current or former Commonwealth countries, and we had more than our pound of flesh from them!!!!

My biggest concern is that it appears to be the hard working, decent people that are targeted by The Home Office. They pay their taxes, don't claim benefits, and so are easy to track down. It's the people who shouldn't have been allowed in that are the problem. Even if they are EU citizens, murderers, rapists and other serious criminals seem to have unfettered access to The UK. These are the people that the border control and the police should be targeting."

very well put

*s55 By *s55  (M) 2 weeks ago

I remember working in Germany in 1990 as the wall came down. The east Germans couldn't believe they would have all the riches like the West cars from Merc BMW etc they thought all there wishes had been answered. By 1992 many of the East Germans had had to relocate for work although there families stayed in the east as they swapped east German marks 1-1 for West German marks it was the greatest thing ever. By 1992 they had all bought new cars and talking to many they wished they had the old east. In the time before the wall fell they earnt good money could save plenty they had guaranteed employment for life many only worked a few hours a week or turned up and didn't have to work they couldn't be sacked. The only bad thing was they didn't have easy access to cars or electrical goods these were in short supply but they had a great life. By 1992 they realised they had to work harder to enjoy the benefits the West did. How many refugees think the same as they leave there own country heading to the promised land as it's never roses for all

*oredEric By *oredEric  (M) 2 weeks ago

They swapped working for the State for workers Ng for a handful of billionaires. We're fed bread and circuses to keep us distracted. The reality is that a middle way between fairness for all, with consumer goods, healthcare, education is possible, you just have to limit the power of billionaires to hijack things.

What we had in the 60s to late 70s, not perfect, but more fair and equitable than what we have now.

You can thank the Frankfurt School, Common Purpose, and human greed for the mess we have now.

1984 by Orwell stopped being a warning, it's now a roadmap

XXX pic...
login to view
By *tevieJ  (M) 2 weeks ago

The idea of a couple of hundred people trying desperately to get into the UK being any kind of a 'crisis' is laughable at best.

When you look at numbers of people taken in by different countries as a result of the Syrian conflict the numbers are startling.

3.5 million taken in by Turkey.

2.2 million taken in by Lebanon

700,000 taken in by Germany

The UK? Under the Tories?

That's less than Singapore.

Wierdly that wasn't on that racist cunt Farage's 'Breaking Point' poster. And those illiterate fuckwits in UKIP never bring it up either. Strange that.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *tevesub  (M) 2 weeks ago

what difference does it make what other countries took in?your point is what?

By *950  (M) 2 weeks ago

and by the way who pays for this lot coming in or do you think its a free Society ?

By *950  (M) 2 weeks ago

and by the way who pays for this lot coming in or do you think its a free Society ?

"what difference does it make what other countries took in?your point is what? "

"and by the way who pays for this lot coming in or do you think its a free Society ?"

yes very good point

Bet he doesn't answer that

By *ncomplicatedmeet  (M) 2 weeks ago

I cannot believe that so many of you posting on this thread have so little empathy for those that are suffering and in need! Ok so perhaps its not ideal for the UK to be receiving refugees/immigrants through illegal entry points, but just think what motivates these people to risk their lives, it surely cant be the first choice that they would make if they were not desperate! So many of us on this site haven't even been brave enough to step out of the closet, let alone board a small boat to cross the sea in search of a better life not knowing how that journey will end!

By *ylonedbitch  (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

Anyone with 200000 pounds to invest in a business can enter Britain.. 300000... non eu citizens... did enter last year..the Asian agenda to take over as many strategic positions as possible in Britain is well advanced..the amount of Islamic Asians predominantly Pakistanis becoming doctors mentored by pakistanis who then become specialists by appointment by other specialists.all islamic .. Islamic consultants recruit other Asian Islamic consultants.. go to Bradford if you really want to know about migrants. farage and his paymasters don't give a fig about immigration... it was just a way to get us out of the EU..so little England corruption can rule completely onece again.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

"I cannot believe that so many of you posting on this thread have so little empathy for those that are suffering and in need! Ok so perhaps its not ideal for the UK to be receiving refugees/immigrants through illegal entry points, but just think what motivates these people to risk their lives, it surely cant be the first choice that they would make if they were not desperate! So many of us on this site haven't even been brave enough to step out of the closet, let alone board a small boat to cross the sea in search of a better life not knowing how that journey will end!

"

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 2 weeks ago

"The idea of a couple of hundred people trying desperately to get into the UK being any kind of a 'crisis' is laughable at best.

When you look at numbers of people taken in by different countries as a result of the Syrian conflict the numbers are startling.

Wierdly that wasn't on that racist cunt Farage's 'Breaking Point' poster. And those illiterate fuckwits in UKIP never bring it up either. Strange that.

"

By *illanihole  (M) 2 weeks ago

Maybe if some of the bleeding hearts and kindly humanists should let say 4 of these poor sufferring wretches into there own homes to live providing them with free food clothing and creature comforts at there own expense?

I wonder how welcoming they would actually be then

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

I think we need to differentiate between genuine refugees and asylum seekers and economic migrants. A lot trying to get into this country are the latter. Local to me there has been a spate of smuggling Albanians into the country. Albanian may be the poorest country in Europe but there is no civil war or oppressive dictatorship there. So these people are just after a cushy or better way of life instead of staying at home and helping build up their own countries.

By *arry101  (M) 2 weeks ago

"I think we need to differentiate between genuine refugees and asylum seekers and economic migrants. A lot trying to get into this country are the latter. Local to me there has been a spate of smuggling Albanians into the country. Albanian may be the poorest country in Europe but there is no civil war or oppressive dictatorship there. So these people are just after a cushy or better way of life instead of staying at home and helping build up their own countries."

There are no refugees or asylum seekers. Under international law they should stay in the first safe country they come to. These people have travelled through many countries to get here. Unless they have come from Iran in those little rubber dinghies without ever touching land. In which case sign them up for our Olympic sailing team!

"Maybe if some of the bleeding hearts and kindly humanists should let say 4 of these poor sufferring wretches into there own homes to live providing them with free food clothing and creature comforts at there own expense?

I wonder how welcoming they would actually be then"

I for one would be happily do that but it is a ridiculous idea as it is impossible. The people who arrive on the coast are immediately handed over to the authorities and if we were to pick them up and take them in we would be prosecuted. If you are going to offer a 'solution' you should at least suggest something that is feasible and not unlawful.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *abby60  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Maybe if some of the bleeding hearts and kindly humanists should let say 4 of these poor sufferring wretches into there own homes to live providing them with free food clothing and creature comforts at there own expense?

I for one would be happily do that but it is a ridiculous idea as it is impossible. The people who arrive on the coast are immediately handed over to the authorities and if we were to pick them up and take them in we would be prosecuted. If you are going to offer a 'solution' you should at least suggest something that is feasible and not unlawful."

I would like to suggest something feasible to you Sir !!

If you say that you would happily supply food and accommodation to people in need. Why don't you pop yourself off to your local high street, and pick up 4 needy souls, and take them home with you?

Charity begins at home !!

I for one would be happily do that but it is a ridiculous idea as it is impossible. The people who arrive on the coast are immediately handed over to the authorities and if we were to pick them up and take them in we would be prosecuted. If you are going to offer a 'solution' you should at least suggest something that is feasible and not unlawful.

If you say that you would happily supply food and accommodation to people in need. Why don't you pop yourself off to your local high street, and pick up 4 needy souls, and take them home with you?

Charity begins at home !!"

Charity begins at home !!"

I already help the local homeless in various ways. Charity may begin at home but that doesn't mean that it stops at home.

XXX pic...
login to view

I already help the local homeless in various ways. Charity may begin at home but that doesn't mean that it stops at home."

Fuck me ! Make your mind up !

You basically said you would be happy to feed and house needy people !

So what you actually meant was, 'needy immigrant people' only

By *aravaggio  (M) 2 weeks ago

"The idea of a couple of hundred people trying desperately to get into the UK being any kind of a 'crisis' is laughable at best.

"

Why should UK take any at all?? If other nations are happy to take them, then carry on I say. That said, I don't think the average citizen of any of your quoted countries are over the moon about their leader's humanitarian act on their behalf. More a case of prominent figures acting for political gain, and in the case of Germany, that has really backfired, hasn't it? So, enough of the bleeding heart stuff, get real, and accept that war fucks people up. Its their war, not ours. Maybe if they had done something about the ruling regime a damn sight earlier, none of this would have happened. But no, everyone out for what they can get, and as usual, its the little people that get caught out, but that doesn't mean we should bale out every unfortunate in existence, does it? Shit happens, get used to it. Just hope and pray that we, as a nation, have the savvy to ensure that such shit doesn't happen to us.

XXX pic...
login to view

Why should UK take any at all?? If other nations are happy to take them, then carry on I say. That said, I don't think the average citizen of any of your quoted countries are over the moon about their leader's humanitarian act on their behalf. More a case of prominent figures acting for political gain, and in the case of Germany, that has really backfired, hasn't it? So, enough of the bleeding heart stuff, get real, and accept that war fucks people up. Its their war, not ours. Maybe if they had done something about the ruling regime a damn sight earlier, none of this would have happened. But no, everyone out for what they can get, and as usual, its the little people that get caught out, but that doesn't mean we should bale out every unfortunate in existence, does it? Shit happens, get used to it. Just hope and pray that we, as a nation, have the savvy to ensure that such shit doesn't happen to us. "

I already help the local homeless in various ways. Charity may begin at home but that doesn't mean that it stops at home.

So what you actually meant was, 'needy immigrant people' only"

That is not what I said and not what I meant. Do they offer English lessons in your area?

XXX pic...
login to view

That is not what I said and not what I meant. Do they offer English lessons in your area?"

Yes! But please don't send any of your newfound fwends up for tuition, ffs !!

I won't be sending anyone anywhere. That will be for the relevant authorities to decide.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I cannot believe that so many of you posting on this thread have so little empathy for those that are suffering and in need! Ok so perhaps its not ideal for the UK to be receiving refugees/immigrants through illegal entry points, but just think what motivates these people to risk their lives, it surely cant be the first choice that they would make if they were not desperate! So many of us on this site haven't even been brave enough to step out of the closet, let alone board a small boat to cross the sea in search of a better life not knowing how that journey will end!

"

Well, I know of such a person who risked everything to escape from a war torn Rwanda.

She had to lay beneath the dead bodies of her family, her mother, father and brothers. Her children were at a village school when the attack took place.

Please don't anyone say that she shouldn't have been allowed refuge in this country.

XXX pic...
login to view

"

I for one would be happily do that but it is a ridiculous idea as it is impossible. The people who arrive on the coast are immediately handed over to the authorities and if we were to pick them up and take them in we would be prosecuted. If you are going to offer a 'solution' you should at least suggest something that is feasible and not unlawful."

Arguing with bigoted xenophobes is a waste of time, but I admire your stance.

That is not what I said and not what I meant. Do they offer English lessons in your area?

Yes! But please don't send any of your newfound fwends up for tuition, ffs !!"

Mr gabby are you for real or is it drink talking

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ingmaster1    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

less migrants more gun boats would be a great idea

oh and less bleeding hearts england is full up

"less migrants more gun boats would be a great idea

oh and less bleeding hearts england is full up"

Prejudiced nonsense not based on fact.

XXX pic...
login to view

How come its considered better for animals to be returned to their natural habitats, but not humans? Lol

Just a thought.

There are all kinds of obvious differences - animals can be euthanised, bred and sold, killed and sold in supermarkets, etc. Do you really think that should also apply to people?

*9al By *9al  (M) 2 weeks ago

I am an economic migrant I am a working Englishman priced out of the housing market, I have moved to Wales

"I am an economic migrant I am a working Englishman priced out of the housing market, I have moved to Wales

"

Similar. Fourteen years ago I got a far better paid job in Wales than I had in England. I've had to retire but stayed on in Wales because I could not have bought anywhere near such a nice home the other side of the border.

perhaps now the toll on the M4 bridge has gone we will end up with a migrant crisis in Wales ?

"How come its considered better for animals to be returned to their natural habitats, but not humans? Lol

Just a thought."

since when as humans been considered same as animals.

You are not making sense

XXX pic...
login to view

"How come its considered better for animals to be returned to their natural habitats, but not humans? Lol

Just a thought.since when as humans been considered same as animals.

You are not making sense "

Yeah, guess I wasn't thinking. I was only on my first coffee. Sometimes my warped sense of humour takes over.

Just a thought."

A fanciful idea but I can see where you are coming from

You are not making sense

Yeah, guess I wasn't thinking. I was only on my first coffee. Sometimes my warped sense of humour takes over. "

your right must be a warped sence of humour if anyone thinks a fellow human being should be treat like a animals

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

The world belongs to us all.

Most of these problems stem from tribalism which eventually I'm confident will be wiped out and we'll all be primarily citizens of earth.

That's not to decry local customs and practices but not make them sacrosanct.

The different countries of the world have developed at different speeds. That has led to some countries enjoying wealth and stability and others not.

If the foreign policy of the most developed countries was to help spread stability and wealth in a managed and fair way we wouldn't be in the position we are in.

People come here because they compare the UK with their own conditions and see a brighter future in a fairer, safe environment.

There are rules about giving people sanctuary from war and persecution and different rules about economic migrancy and freedom of movement.

We should ensure those rules are enforced which may mean giving resources to other countries to help with that (we cannot ethically or practically simply wash our hands of it) and do all we can through strengthened and resourced global authorities.

We enjoy some advantages merely by accident not merit we would have an entirely different view if we were next door to a war zone I'm sure.

We should be working to ensure other countries enjoy wealth and stability and millions of their people decide the best place for them is their home.

It's nonsense that this country is either full or can't afford more people. The wealth here is obscene but it's concentrated in the few rather than the many. Too much money is accumulated by the rich and sits doing nothing whilst there is no credible alternative on offer.

"The world belongs to us all.

Most of these problems stem from tribalism which eventually I'm confident will be wiped out and we'll all be primarily citizens of earth.

The different countries of the world have developed at different speeds. That has led to some countries enjoying wealth and stability and others not.

If the foreign policy of the most developed countries was to help spread stability and wealth in a managed and fair way we wouldn't be in the position we are in.

People come here because they compare the UK with their own conditions and see a brighter future in a fairer, safe environment.

There are rules about giving people sanctuary from war and persecution and different rules about economic migrancy and freedom of movement.

We should ensure those rules are enforced which may mean giving resources to other countries to help with that (we cannot ethically or practically simply wash our hands of it) and do all we can through strengthened and resourced global authorities.

We enjoy some advantages merely by accident not merit we would have an entirely different view if we were next door to a war zone I'm sure.

We should be working to ensure other countries enjoy wealth and stability and millions of their people decide the best place for them is their home.

It's nonsense that this country is either full or can't afford more people. The wealth here is obscene but it's concentrated in the few rather than the many. Too much money is accumulated by the rich and sits doing nothing whilst there is no credible alternative on offer."

A very good argument very eloquently stated - makes a pleasant change.

By *ylonedbitch  (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

Now look here .You plebs of various political persuasions..or should I say, imaginings need to get a grip your Lord's and commons are having a well deserved rest ! We didn't get where we are today by worrying about jonny foreigner trying to set a new cross channel swimming record...WHAT! And when we do return to our beloved MOTHERFUCKRR.of all parliaments we have a Right Bag of Brexit to sort out.perhaps David Cameroon who thought up this cunning blackadder plan to save himself from niggel farago might have some ideas about how to save these brestswimming foreign types

Simple answer Nylonbitch: Fill the Channel with piranhas

"The world belongs to us all.

It's nonsense that this country is either full or can't afford more people. The wealth here is obscene but it's concentrated in the few rather than the many. Too much money is accumulated by the rich and sits doing nothing whilst there is no credible alternative on offer."

The above is the argument for a socialist world, and lets face it, its never going to happen. So lets forget about lovely fluffy ideas and face the fact that we, the human race, are a bunch of greed driven individuals, irrespective of our colour and creed. There will always be the haves and the have nots, and that applies to countries aswell as the individual. I strive to make ME better than the next man, and in doing that, I look after my own. I doubt I'm very different from billions of others.

Yet another thread on a serious topic that has descended into nonsense. Ho hum.

Some maynot want these illegals in our country

I don't want our country full of illegals

Well those that don't contribute anyway

Homelessness is on up and it's our people on street yes realise some are there by they own fault but sone are thereas no house aavailable for them because they all full of illegals.

Alot of not all but alot of street crimes committed by illegals.

The illegals cause more problems than anything else and some wonder why they don't want them here

Still no need saying these people should be treat like animals though they are human after all

Just send them to France

XXX pic...
login to view

You are not making sense

Yeah, guess I wasn't thinking. I was only on my first coffee. Sometimes my warped sense of humour takes over. your right must be a warped sence of humour if anyone thinks a fellow human being should be treat like a animals "

Oh dear !

Is this because I didn't accept your friend invite this morning !

Tut tut ! Boo hoo!

XXX pic...
login to view

You are not making sense

Yeah, guess I wasn't thinking. I was only on my first coffee. Sometimes my warped sense of humour takes over. your right must be a warped sence of humour if anyone thinks a fellow human being should be treat like a animals "

Sorry, previous was a retort to this comment

"Simple answer Nylonbitch: Fill the Channel with piranhas "

No Mr nk there is a simple solution no one can use our services benefits, nhs etc unless they can prove that they was born here or lived here for ten years.

And stick to it no matter what then they should stop putting they family lives at risk to get here

As they be nothing for theM here unless the people that want them here put them up

But bet they wouldn't do that

You are not making sense

Yeah, guess I wasn't thinking. I was only on my first coffee. Sometimes my warped sense of humour takes over. your right must be a warped sence of humour if anyone thinks a fellow human being should be treat like a animals

Oh dear !

Is this because I didn't accept your friend invite this morning !

Tut tut ! Boo hoo! "

If that comment is aimed at myself I suggest you go and make yourself a very strong coffee or two as you didn't get an friends request from me at all. And can't see any reason why I would either

Unless it was your wishful thinking

If by any chance it wasn't aimed at me I apologise

“there is a simple solution no one can use our services benefits, nhs etc unless they can prove that they was born here or lived here for ten years.”

Is that really a simple solution? Imagine a family of two adults and two children who have been settled in the U.K. for five years. Adults working children at school. in a car accident.

Would you leave them bleeding to death at the side of the road? Would you stop an ambulance from attending? If they survive but cannot work would you evict them from their home and make them live rough on the streets?

If you become used to silly soundbites and repetitive rhetoric it is very easy to lose touch with reality. We are not animals.

"“there is a simple solution no one can use our services benefits, nhs etc unless they can prove that they was born here or lived here for ten years.”

Is that really a simple solution? Imagine a family of two adults and two children who have been settled in the U.K. for five years. Adults working children at school. in a car accident.

Would you leave them bleeding to death at the side of the road? Would you stop an ambulance from attending? If they survive but cannot work would you evict them from their home and make them live rough on the streets?

If you become used to silly soundbites and repetitive rhetoric it is very easy to lose touch with reality. We are not animals. "

Maybe ten years is too long maybe 3 to 5 years

Illegals are a big problem and cause big problem s

So what is your idea for an solution without letting thumbing to bleed our services dry

"“there is a simple solution no one can use our services benefits, nhs etc unless they can prove that they was born here or lived here for ten years.”

If you become used to silly soundbites and repetitive rhetoric it is very easy to lose touch with reality. We are not animals. Maybe ten years is too long maybe 3 to 5 years

So what is your idea for an solution without letting thumbing to bleed our services dry"

If you’re honest Danny we both know that if that family in a car smash had only been here 5 days you wouldn’t just let them die or starve.

Of course we do have a problem but it should be dealt with before illegal immigrants reach our shores. We are an island so we have an advantage over must countries.

I don’t think the problem is anywhere near as bad as the media make out.

By *orum reader   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

As I understand the immigration act 2016 " illegals" have not accessto housing,benefits or any other resources

If you become used to silly soundbites and repetitive rhetoric it is very easy to lose touch with reality. We are not animals. Maybe ten years is too long maybe 3 to 5 years

So what is your idea for an solution without letting thumbing to bleed our services dry

If you’re honest Danny we both know that if that family in a car smash had only been here 5 days you wouldn’t just let them die or starve.

Of course we do have a problem but it should be dealt with before illegal immigrants reach our shores. We are an island so we have an advantage over must countries.

I don’t think the problem is anywhere near as bad as the media make out. "

yes you are right I would not let anyone die or stave even my worst enemy

I'd fix them up then send to France if not able to go home

But something needs doing before they even get here but what

"As I understand the immigration act 2016 " illegals" have not accessto housing,benefits or any other resources "

yes you are right but they all get houses and get sorted out in hospital and benefits

Must be getting around it some how

“I'd fix them up then send to France if not able to go home”

Of course we would fix them up but we would have no authority to send them to France or any other country any more than they can ship immigrants to the U.K.

Illegal immigrants are not entitled to housing. In the past they have rented in the private sector but in the past couple of years the government has introduced severe penalties for landlords not checking immigration status of tenants who are forbidden to let to them.

"Simple answer Nylonbitch: Fill the Channel with piranhas No Mr nk there is a simple solution no one can use our services benefits, nhs etc unless they can prove that they was born here or lived here for ten years.

And stick to it no matter what then they should stop putting they family lives at risk to get here

As they be nothing for theM here unless the people that want them here put them up

But bet they wouldn't do that"

It wasn't meant as a solution. Rather a flippant remark in answer to a somewhat tongue-in-cheek gung-ho statement. I realise that there is not a simple solution other than extra patrols around our shores which the government is now doing.

I will repeat what I have said before and that is there is a big difference between genuine refugees/asylum seekers and economic migrants.

I am somewhat bemused that some who have banged on, in other threads, that we have problems with homelessness, child poverty, lack of suitable well-paid jobs on fixed hours etc. etc. still think we can afford to take in yet more and more people.

"Simple answer Nylonbitch: Fill the Channel with piranhas No Mr nk there is a simple solution no one can use our services benefits, nhs etc unless they can prove that they was born here or lived here for ten years.

But bet they wouldn't do that

It wasn't meant as a solution. Rather a flippant remark in answer to a somewhat tongue-in-cheek gung-ho statement. I realise that there is not a simple solution other than extra patrols around our shores which the government is now doing.

I will repeat what I have said before and that is there is a big difference between genuine refugees/asylum seekers and economic migrants.

I am somewhat bemused that some who have banged on, in other threads, that we have problems with homelessness, child poverty, lack of suitable well-paid jobs on fixed hours etc. etc. still think we can afford to take in yet more and more people."

Mr nk

I know your comment was a flippant remark as you are not the kind of man that would put piranhas in see what came after was my opinion was meant to put in fresh post but hit qoute by mistake so I apologise if you think aimed at yourself.

That last bit about some going on about homelessness etc I don't want illegals coming in for that very reason

XXX pic...
login to view

Patrolling the coast is just a big money pit. People trafficking will only increase and it will cost tens if not hundreds of millions to provide an effective control.

The money would be better spent providing better public services for the parts of the uk most impacted.

The numbers of both legal and illegal humans entering are massively inflated.

It should be an actionable hate crime for those fools perpetuating the myths and spreading fear and prejudice where there needs be none.

"Patrolling the coast is just a big money pit. People trafficking will only increase and it will cost tens if not hundreds of millions to provide an effective control.

The money would be better spent providing better public services for the parts of the uk most impacted.

The numbers of both legal and illegal humans entering are massively inflated.

It should be an actionable hate crime for those fools perpetuating the myths and spreading fear and prejudice where there needs be none."

Well said, but myths and prejudice have always been more popular than facts.

The fact is illegals are coming in this country daily

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 2 weeks ago

Nice to see there is some appetite for facts, here are a few.

There is a housing crisis in this country and for every home given to a refugee there is one less available to be given to someone homeless.

It costs ten times as much to care for a refugee in this country compared to caring for them in the camps in countries adjacent to Syria.

The U.K. is second only to the USA in funding these camps.

Of the 1M refugees taken in by Germany 800,000 were single young men, the elderly, sick, disabled and widows with children were not able to undertake the arduous trek across Europe.

When the war is over, as hopefully it soon will be, who will rebuild the country? certainly not the fit able young men who have found a comfortable life elsewhere.

"Nice to see there is some appetite for facts, here are a few.

There is a housing crisis in this country and for every home given to a refugee there is one less available to be given to someone homeless.

It costs ten times as much to care for a refugee in this country compared to caring for them in the camps in countries adjacent to Syria.

Of the 1M refugees taken in by Germany 800,000 were single young men, the elderly, sick, disabled and widows with children were not able to undertake the arduous trek across Europe.

When the war is over, as hopefully it soon will be, who will rebuild the country? certainly not the fit able young men who have found a comfortable life elsewhere."

"Nice to see there is some appetite for facts, here are a few.

When the war is over, as hopefully it soon will be, who will rebuild the country? certainly not the fit able young men who have found a comfortable life elsewhere."

very well put

It will probably us UK taxpayers that will end up rebuilding their respective countries.

While they young fit men still live here

XXX pic...
login to view
By *encalcot   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

Totaly agree,

XXX pic...
login to view

The only crisis in housing is affordability.

Rich Russians and other nationalities have no problem finding homes to buy. In fact, if you are worth more than £300,000 this country says come on in there's room for all!

Very significant numbers of houses sit empty because they are investments, and many more sit empty the overwhelming majority of the time because they are holiday homes.

There are some parts of the country where houses are cheap and plentiful but no-one wants to live there because the services are poor and it's remote.

The housing crisis is all about money it's not about housing.

Syrians don't stay in the camps because they are hell-holes. They are rife with corruption and violence and they aren't good places to raise children. they could be made good but there isn't the money.

"The only crisis in housing is affordability.

Rich Russians and other nationalities have no problem finding homes to buy. In fact, if you are worth more than £300,000 this country says come on in there's room for all!

Very significant numbers of houses sit empty because they are investments, and many more sit empty the overwhelming majority of the time because they are holiday homes.

There are some parts of the country where houses are cheap and plentiful but no-one wants to live there because the services are poor and it's remote.

Syrians don't stay in the camps because they are hell-holes. They are rife with corruption and violence and they aren't good places to raise children. they could be made good but there isn't the money.

"

Mr Moondog not everyone has got 300,000

Alot of hard workers in this country don't even earn that in four years

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ockpleaser  (M) 2 weeks ago

"

Mr Moondog not everyone has got 300,000

Alot of hard workers in this country don't even earn that in four years "

You miss the point. If you are rich and foreign our government (whatever colour) welcomes you but if you are poor then our people wish you to drown making the horrifying journey after giving all you have to traffickers if this forum is to be believed.

Homeless people aren't on the streets because there are no houses. There are plenty of houses, just not for poor or average earning people. Wealthy people can see a doctor within the hour, get their children into a good school immediately, see a dentist the same day! There is no scarcity of resource in this country except that which has been made by successive governments. It is not justified to say we don't have the room or resources to help migrants and refugees, only justified to say we don't want to do it!

Mr cook pleaser

I agree with everything you have said I was going to basically say same thing but not in as much detail

I had to quickly put phone down as wife brought me some supper in so ended up with half finished post being put up

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 2 weeks ago

My what a nice little middle class bubble you must live in where everyone owns their own home. The real crisis in housing is in social housing. After the tories brought in the right to buy a lot of houses were sold and not replaced so there is a large shortfall in social housing for those who are in need. The waiting lists are extremely long even for those in the most desperate need and if you do not have points because you are fit and able and in work then there is no chance of you moving up the list to the point where you are offered a property.

As for the state of the Syrian camps, the U.K. puts in more than it’s fair share of money, isn’t it time some rich Arab countries helped out in their own backyard, or even other western countries that have so far contributed so little?

"The only crisis in housing is affordability.

"

Some of the most expensive roads in London are full of empty houses worth millions of pounds which have been bought by foreigners as investments. I’m not sure how much this affects most of us because we wouldn’t be buying them in any case and foreign investment in the U.K. benefits all of us.

*s55 By *s55  (M) 2 weeks ago

The reason for right to buy was when the torts took over in 1979 the war chest was empty from the Labour term in power so the government had no money to invest in any thing hence the privatisation of nationalised company's Labour had squandered all the money and never reinvested in our services like water, rail etc.we now have history ready to repeat it self if we ever let that cunt Corbyn into power.

selective amnesia! the Tories had plenty of money to spend fighting the miners, Argentina & the unions but sold off our assets without any compensation . the housing crisis today is the evil witches legacy

"The reason for right to buy was when the torts took over in 1979 the war chest was empty from the Labour term in power so the government had no money to invest in any thing hence the privatisation of nationalised company's Labour had squandered all the money and never reinvested in our services like water, rail etc.we now have history ready to repeat it self if we ever let that cunt Corbyn into power."

Labour have always spent all the money which would be forgivable if they did something meaningful when in power.

I agree with almost everything Labour says but they either don’t follow through or they do so but throw good money after bad.

Corbyn in power would be a disaster.

Labour need to find a good strong leader with viable ideas who can rouse the whole party membership not just a few extreme nutters on the far left.

"selective amnesia! the Tories had plenty of money to spend fighting the miners, Argentina & the unions but sold off our assets without any compensation . the housing crisis today is the evil witches legacy "

Since we seem to have turned the subject to social housing. The thinking behind the 1979 Conservative pledge of 'right to buy' was a] to allow people the right to own what had been their home for many years and b] to fund new social housing projects as that had stagnated. Didn't always work out that way and a lot of the blame for that lay with individual councils, some of whom were only too keen to sell off their housing stock yet diverted the money to other things.

Two years ago my local county council imposed a 50% council tax surcharge on 2nd home owners. The promise was that this money would go to build 'affordable home' but very few have been built and they have admitted that most of it has been diverted to other things. Plus what has been built is hardly affordable as rents are astronomic.

"The reason for right to buy was when the torts took over in 1979 the war chest was empty from the Labour term in power so the government had no money to invest in any thing hence the privatisation of nationalised company's Labour had squandered all the money and never reinvested in our services like water, rail etc.we now have history ready to repeat it self if we ever let that cunt Corbyn into power."

right you maynot like Corbyn or labour but why be so vile with your name calling

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 2 weeks ago

Such a hotch potch of half truths and misunderstandings as well as going off topic.

Just a few comments:

We cant keep track of illegals for the fact they are illegal and not registered.

We cannot send illegals back as we don't know where they came from.

Overstayers are of course a different matter, they were legal but unless we chip them on entry its dead easy to slip the system.

People are moaning about people who are legally allowed in this country and half the time not even anything to do with the EU.

We have 2 choices

Stop at source so make sure they don't land , by any means possible.

If they manage to get in and we find them then we have plenty of open spaces that we can turn into the equivalent of POW camps and use them to guards themselves and make them do something useful to pay off their debts with a possible chance of citizenship after say 10 years.

By *en4940  (M) 2 weeks ago

I agree with a lot of the comments made. where I live the local authority has housed Syrian refugees but this is at the expense of thousands of local people being bumped down the housing list.

A lot of the people trying to get into the country are not escaping from danger or oppression but want to get here for the handouts and accommodation they will be given.

We must send them straight back to where they came from and make them apply to live in our country through the proper channels.

We send billions of pounds abroad in aid. This is not being used for the right purpose.

My suggestions and these are my own views.

1 stop all foreign aid until all UK nationals are properly housed. We have so many people without a place they can call home.

2 The NHS has the proper funding to care for us. Also care for the elderly. I am a pensioner but am one of the lucky ones who was in a good company pension scheme

3 Improve all infrastructure road, rail and bus travel.

4 Education is also a priority.

5 if and when this is all sorted 50% of any money left should be used to support other countries.

"I agree with a lot of the comments made. where I live the local authority has housed Syrian refugees but this is at the expense of thousands of local people being bumped down the housing list.

A lot of the people trying to get into the country are not escaping from danger or oppression but want to get here for the handouts and accommodation they will be given.

We must send them straight back to where they came from and make them apply to live in our country through the proper channels.

We send billions of pounds abroad in aid. This is not being used for the right purpose.

1 stop all foreign aid until all UK nationals are properly housed. We have so many people without a place they can call home.

2 The NHS has the proper funding to care for us. Also care for the elderly. I am a pensioner but am one of the lucky ones who was in a good company pension scheme

5 if and when this is all sorted 50% of any money left should be used to support other countries.

"

Mr Ben

Your suggestions are totally the right wayof ddoing it and what should have already done

"I agree with a lot of the comments made. where I live the local authority has housed Syrian refugees but this is at the expense of thousands of local people being bumped down the housing list.

"

We should have been implementing many of those ideas as long as twenty years ago. There was nothing stopping us from monitoring immigration much more stringently allowing the genuine and the hard working into the country and keeping out the criminals and chancers.

I think the thing that was stopping us, is called the EU ………..

What makes me laugh is that a lot of people voted to leave the EU to stop the swarms of migrants entering our country. Trouble is half of them don't come from EU countries anyway. Leaving the EU isn't going to put some magical barrier around our country. The Kent coastline alone stretches almost 200 miles. We criticise the French for not being helpful but once we leave I would not be surprised if they don't become totally bloody-minded on the migrant issue.

I do not honestly think anyone will notice the difference in immigration after Brexit although I’m sure it will show on the statistics.

We will be stopping many waiters, nurses, etc from the EU while all the illegals, the ones we want to keep out, will carry on as before.

Brexit was fought on an immigration policy and that is definitely what bolstered the support although it was not the only policy of course.

"What makes me laugh is that a lot of people voted to leave the EU to stop the swarms of migrants entering our country. Trouble is half of them don't come from EU countries anyway. Leaving the EU isn't going to put some magical barrier around our country. The Kent coastline alone stretches almost 200 miles. We criticise the French for not being helpful but once we leave I would not be surprised if they don't become totally bloody-minded on the migrant issue."

You are right there. And no reason for the French to help us out after Brexit - they will be quite entitled to wave them through and let us deal with the problem ourselves.

"Wave them through" ???? ….. How? These are supposed refugees that have been admitted into the EU. Who is going to pay their ferry fare, the French? .. …. who will provide them with a passport? .. the French?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 2 weeks ago

""Wave them through" ???? ….. How? These are supposed refugees that have been admitted into the EU. Who is going to pay their ferry fare, the French? .. …. who will provide them with a passport? .. the French?"

the french couldn't give a hoot about refugees getting to England - they want them to - it saves them being in France. They just won't bother stopping them getting on lorries or on ferries.

Anything as long as they're not in France!

XXX pic...
login to view

""Wave them through" ???? ….. How? These are supposed refugees that have been admitted into the EU. Who is going to pay their ferry fare, the French? .. …. who will provide them with a passport? .. the French?

the french couldn't give a hoot about refugees getting to England - they want them to - it saves them being in France. They just won't bother stopping them getting on lorries or on ferries.

Anything as long as they're not in France!"

large cannons - boom wheeeeeeeee - back in France; problem solved, everyone's a winner. It's like fireworks, but with good reason.

""Wave them through" ???? ….. How? These are supposed refugees that have been admitted into the EU. Who is going to pay their ferry fare, the French? .. …. who will provide them with a passport? .. the French?

Anything as long as they're not in France!"

And quite right too. After Brexit France will owe us no loyalty whatsoever and no shared security - just what the Leavers want.

XXX pic...
login to view

And quite right too. After Brexit France will owe us no loyalty whatsoever and no shared security - just what the Leavers want."

now, now - behave

The french owe us none anyway, especially in Calais - further inland they're relaxed about us (in my experience)

Illegals, refugees whatever you want to call these people will always come to our shores whether France stops them or not

While we have been in EU they have been coming here. And France as let them as there as been no rule saying otherwise

So Brexit as nothing to do with it, and still happen after.

Let's hope all the crap what remainers say is going to happen does happen after all

That may stop them coming here as they may think they be better off in France anyway

XXX pic...
login to view

shakes head

"shakes head"

Don't we all

"shakes head

Don't we all"

Ditto.

Oh whatever

Go and gang up on someone that's bothered over your

That was ment to be a private message not even to a member on this thread

It's what happens when you try and do three things at once

"shakes head

Don't we all

Ditto. "

what's up you three got a problem with the truth

XXX pic...
login to view

"shakes head

Don't we all

Ditto. what's up you three got a problem with the truth "

Sigh

"shakes head

Don't we all

Ditto. what's up you three got a problem with the truth "

I haven't. Have you?

XXX pic...
login to view

"shakes head

Don't we all

Ditto. what's up you three got a problem with the truth

I haven't. Have you? "

Have I what?

"shakes head

Don't we all

Ditto. what's up you three got a problem with the truth

I haven't. Have you?

Have I what?"

Who?

Curiousor and curiousor

XXX pic...
login to view

Uuummppphhh !

What did I miss ?

XXX pic...
login to view

OK, if you're all gonna ignore me, I'll go for 'balls up your bum', in 'the lounge' !

"OK, if you're all gonna ignore me, I'll go for 'balls up your bum', in 'the lounge' ! "

We're not ignoring you but we don't really know the answer

"Uuummppphhh !

What did I miss ?"

you haven't missed anything

Just some having a laugh at my expense because been on sauce of just bored.

Know the saying small things

Let you finish it

Hope everyone has a good weekend as I know I definitely will

Dannyboy

"OK, if you're all gonna ignore me, I'll go for 'balls up your bum', in 'the lounge' ! "

I never do that in the lounge lol.

"Uuummppphhh !

What did I miss ?you haven't missed anything

Let you finish it

Dannyboy "

Sadly it does seem to be the return of the mock Danny season but hope it's short-lived this time. You are right to ignore the small-minded bully mentality. Enjoy your weekend.

And quite right too. After Brexit France will owe us no loyalty whatsoever and no shared security - just what the Leavers want."

Do you really think the INTERNATIONAL legal system is going to fall apart because of Brexit?? France will still have its legal obligations to comply with, and these, as yet, are not superseded by anything out of the EU. Get yourself up to speed on the rules for migration.

"Uuummppphhh !

What did I miss ?you haven't missed anything

Let you finish it

Dannyboy

Sadly it does seem to be the return of the mock Danny season but hope it's short-lived this time. You are right to ignore the small-minded bully mentality. Enjoy your weekend. "

I will definitely enjoy weekend.

The return of mock dannyboy season it will give me a very good laugh

Well that's laughing at them lol

And quite right too. After Brexit France will owe us no loyalty whatsoever and no shared security - just what the Leavers want.

Do you really think the INTERNATIONAL legal system is going to fall apart because of Brexit?? France will still have its legal obligations to comply with, and these, as yet, are not superseded by anything out of the EU. Get yourself up to speed on the rules for migration. "

The international legal system may not fall apart but the French might become more bloody-minded than ever. M,Macron does not want us to leave the EU nor is he very pro-British. Plus he has plenty of problems on his home front. Might regain a bit of his flagging popularity by being less than co-operative with us.

Leaving the EU is no different than terminating any commercial contract. We want the best deal possible but by being on our own we have little bargaining power and there are not any true incentives for other countries to be particularly helpful.

Nevertheless we must remain focused and get as much as possible to help us when we are no longer part of the EU group. The more countries we can keep onside the better but that’s so obvious it’s hardly worth mentioning.

By *aravaggio  (M) 1 week ago

"Leaving the EU is no different than terminating any commercial contract. We want the best deal possible but by being on our own we have little bargaining power and there are not any true incentives for other countries to be particularly helpful.

"

German car imports into UK? 30% import tarif? That would probably concentrate a few minds …

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 1 week ago

"

German car imports into UK? 30% import tarif? That would probably concentrate a few minds … "

Less road hogs in Audis and boy racers in Glfs. I like it

By *annyboy87  (M) 1 week ago

"

German car imports into UK? 30% import tarif? That would probably concentrate a few minds …

Less road hogs in Audis and boy racers in Glfs. I like it "

you are not only one that likes that idea

Don't forget BMW drivers

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 1 week ago

We would not need to introduce punitive tariffs just match the EU ones, a 10% tariff on cars would be enough for fleet buyers to move to jags and Land Rovers for their premium cars and would push French cars out from the budget end.

The 20% tariff on wine and the removal of limits on wine from outside the EU would see us move from the largest export market for French wine to a minor one and the increase in revenue from tariffs would be a nice bonus for the exchequer.

By *aravaggio  (M) 1 week ago

"We would not need to introduce punitive tariffs just match the EU ones, a 10% tariff on cars would be enough for fleet buyers to move to jags and Land Rovers for their premium cars and would push French cars out from the budget end.

The 20% tariff on wine and the removal of limits on wine from outside the EU would see us move from the largest export market for French wine to a minor one and the increase in revenue from tariffs would be a nice bonus for the exchequer."

I like that post. What a fantastic boost for British manufacturing jobs, albeit we would be reliant on the Indian owners not being blackmailed by the EU into shifting production elsewhere ….. hence an immediate trade deal with India would become an absolute necessity …. its all wheels within wheels. However, I think that 10% on German cars is a bit low. It has to be higher in order to make a point. 10% could almost be covered by the time a resale point has been reached, there is a lot of profit in a German car dealership, especially at the higher end such as Porsche Mercedes BMW and Audi, plus a retrospective discount to counter initial pricing uplifts would probably result in the market being flooded with German cars …… great for the UK buyers, but hardly holding a gun to the manufacturer's head to enable a quick trade deal with the EU to take place. We have power, we should use it. To date, we haven't, and that's why we're in the Brexit mess we are.

*9al By *9al  (M) 1 week ago

the problem is the government would probably bottle out of doing it as it would increase the RPI massively if they put 20% on all food imported from the EU

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 1 week ago

Can you imagine being caught in a tit for tat tariff war with the EU?

We all know what the French are like and would just shut down the ferry ports.

Some people need to wake up and smell the roses and see where some of their basics come from.

Ok lets put a 30% tariff on high end cars whilst they put 20% on or food