New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login367302 members (131 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Migrants 2

See newest message in thread

Migrants 2

By *aravaggio  (M) 1 week ago

@private mail, +add as contact

This was the last post on the previous thread ……….

"Can you imagine being caught in a tit for tat tariff war with the EU?

We all know what the French are like and would just shut down the ferry ports.

Some people need to wake up and smell the roses and see where some of their basics come from.

Ok lets put a 30% tariff on high end cars whilst they put 20% on or food"

I'm not sure the French, Italian, and Spanish governments would wish to increase their export tariffs as a means of defence against our raising import tariffs on German cars. Their economy is in a shit place already, without jeopardising it further, and we all know how French farmers especially, enjoy a good protest. This is the thing, its a national decision, not an EU decision to mess with tariffs. All the EU does is ensure tariff free trading amongst its members, its a condition of joining. Therefore only Germany will be affected by aiming at their car market, and as Germany ARE the EU, who better to aim a tariff war against? … Further to cars, I would increase tariffs on all machinery and all electronic goods coming out of Germany. In other words, stick it to the Germans good and hard.

Germany's exports to the UK amounted to

$88.2 billion. We, in turn, export "$41 billion to Germany ….. we have them by the goolies, why can't people see that??? Below is a breakdown of what we take from them, all of which can be obtained from OUTSIDE the EU.

1. Vehicles: $27.2 billion

2. Machinery: $12.4 billion

3. Electronic equipment: $5.8 billion

4. Pharmaceuticals: $5.4 billion

5. Plastics: $3.9 billion

6. Medical, technical equipment: $2.8 billion

7. Gems, precious metals: $2.3 billion

8. Iron or steel products: $1.7 billion

9. Aluminum: $1.6 billion

10. Aircraft, spacecraft: $1.3 billio

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *annyboy87  (M) 1 week ago

So I would imagine Germany would wanted to. Carry on trading aswell as all others.

So why is there so much negativity coming from remain camp?

That's a very good question, although I doubt any of the remainers on here will be able to give you a sensible answer, other than a re-run of all the horror stories that they have been fed from the biased politicians, who see a future gravy train disappearing fast.....

"That's a very good question, although I doubt any of the remainers on here will be able to give you a sensible answer, other than a re-run of all the horror stories that they have been fed from the biased politicians, who see a future gravy train disappearing fast..... "

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 1 week ago

"So I would imagine Germany would wanted to. Carry on trading aswell as all others.

So why is there so much negativity coming from remain camp? "

because we're sick to the back teeth of leavers gloating about who won the vote. It was a vote, lets see how the reality pans out. Personally, I can't wait for the end of March.

You won, lets get on with it and see how the dice roll. So STFU

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ljcleeve   profile verified by photo (M) 1 week ago

"So I would imagine Germany would wanted to. Carry on trading aswell as all others.

because we're sick to the back teeth of leavers gloating about who won the vote. It was a vote, lets see how the reality pans out. Personally, I can't wait for the end of March.

You won, lets get on with it and see how the dice roll. So STFU "

It would also seem that whilst the leave campaign won (by a very much narrower margin than they are willing to admit) the points that sold the campaign in their favour seem to have been forgotten as we seem to be giving away Northern Ireland, carry on giving billions to the EU and only seem to be losing our voice within the EU.

And for how long is this going to continue.... who knows!!!!

NO DEAL means not paying a single penny to the EU, and its when the REAL negotiations will start to take place. At the moment, the EU are just saying "nein" to anything that doesn't suit them 100%, in the hope that we'll change our minds. Lets see what happens when French farmers and vinyards lose their UK market. Lets see what Germany thinks when it's cars, plant machinery, and electronic equipment manufacturers start finding massive losses in their sales figures, Its very simple, and has been all along. They need us, our contributions, and our buying power, much more than we need them. Everything we buy from EU countries can be bought elsewhere. Even the scare stories about freight don't hold water. How many EU freight companies would go out of business if there was a significant drop in UK/EU business? Its a game of poker, but the EU are playing badly, bluffing with a known bad hand. UK? Looks like the only game our negotiators have ever played is snap …..

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ature60s   premium paying member (M) 1 week ago

Excellent post.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 1 week ago

"NO DEAL means not paying a single penny to the EU, and its when the REAL negotiations will start to take place. At the moment, the EU are just saying "nein" to anything that doesn't suit them 100%, in the hope that we'll change our minds. Lets see what happens when French farmers and vinyards lose their UK market. Lets see what Germany thinks when it's cars, plant machinery, and electronic equipment manufacturers start finding massive losses in their sales figures, Its very simple, and has been all along. They need us, our contributions, and our buying power, much more than we need them. Everything we buy from EU countries can be bought elsewhere. Even the scare stories about freight don't hold water. How many EU freight companies would go out of business if there was a significant drop in UK/EU business? Its a game of poker, but the EU are playing badly, bluffing with a known bad hand. UK? Looks like the only game our negotiators have ever played is snap ….. "

Life is lovely in Narnia, with the unicorns running free.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 1 week ago

"NO DEAL means not paying a single penny to the EU, and its when the REAL negotiations will start to take place. At the moment, the EU are just saying "nein" to anything that doesn't suit them 100%, in the hope that we'll change our minds. Lets see what happens when French farmers and vinyards lose their UK market. Lets see what Germany thinks when it's cars, plant machinery, and electronic equipment manufacturers start finding massive losses in their sales figures, Its very simple, and has been all along. They need us, our contributions, and our buying power, much more than we need them. Everything we buy from EU countries can be bought elsewhere. Even the scare stories about freight don't hold water. How many EU freight companies would go out of business if there was a significant drop in UK/EU business? Its a game of poker, but the EU are playing badly, bluffing with a known bad hand. UK? Looks like the only game our negotiators have ever played is snap ….. "

Whilst I am past caring now, can anyone realistically see no one buying french wine, champagne, brandy, belgian chococalates german BMWs, Audis etc etc etc. Love to see where else you can by Champagne for a start!!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view

"NO DEAL means not paying a single penny to the EU, and its when the REAL negotiations will start to take place. At the moment, the EU are just saying "nein" to anything that doesn't suit them 100%, in the hope that we'll change our minds. Lets see what happens when French farmers and vinyards lose their UK market. Lets see what Germany thinks when it's cars, plant machinery, and electronic equipment manufacturers start finding massive losses in their sales figures, Its very simple, and has been all along. They need us, our contributions, and our buying power, much more than we need them. Everything we buy from EU countries can be bought elsewhere. Even the scare stories about freight don't hold water. How many EU freight companies would go out of business if there was a significant drop in UK/EU business? Its a game of poker, but the EU are playing badly, bluffing with a known bad hand. UK? Looks like the only game our negotiators have ever played is snap …..

Whilst I am past caring now, can anyone realistically see no one buying french wine, champagne, brandy, belgian chococalates german BMWs, Audis etc etc etc. Love to see where else you can by Champagne for a start!!!!!"

Aldi mainly

"NO DEAL means not paying a single penny to the EU, and its when the REAL negotiations will start to take place. At the moment, the EU are just saying "nein" to anything that doesn't suit them 100%, in the hope that we'll change our minds. Lets see what happens when French farmers and vinyards lose their UK market. Lets see what Germany thinks when it's cars, plant machinery, and electronic equipment manufacturers start finding massive losses in their sales figures, Its very simple, and has been all along. They need us, our contributions, and our buying power, much more than we need them. Everything we buy from EU countries can be bought elsewhere. Even the scare stories about freight don't hold water. How many EU freight companies would go out of business if there was a significant drop in UK/EU business? Its a game of poker, but the EU are playing badly, bluffing with a known bad hand. UK? Looks like the only game our negotiators have ever played is snap …..

Whilst I am past caring now, can anyone realistically see no one buying french wine, champagne, brandy, belgian chococalates german BMWs, Audis etc etc etc. Love to see where else you can by Champagne for a start!!!!!"

that's the all point.

They will trade with us the money they get out of us for. Champagne and everything else

Life is lovely in Narnia, with the unicorns running free."

I'm afraid that's the remainers that live in narnia under power of ice queen

Aslan wants to hurry up and come and put you all right again

You won, lets get on with it and see how the dice roll. So STFU "

it's never been about gloating, it's all been about telling remainers to accept result and stfu with all moaning,doom mongering, negativity etc

XXX pic...
login to view

You won, lets get on with it and see how the dice roll. So STFU it's never been about gloating, it's all been about telling remainers to accept result and stfu with all moaning,doom mongering, negativity etc"

no, that's gloating - are you finding it hard to move on?

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 1 week ago

You won, lets get on with it and see how the dice roll. So STFU it's never been about gloating, it's all been about telling remainers to accept result and stfu with all moaning,doom mongering, negativity etc

no, that's gloating - are you finding it hard to move on?"

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iman60  (M) 1 week ago

"Nthat's the all point.

They will trade with us the money they get out of us for. Champagne and everything else "

No its not the point, the point is we still want the products so will HAVE to deal with them no matter what tariffs they put on us. It works both ways, and we are such a well know manufacturing country nowadays.

You won, lets get on with it and see how the dice roll. So STFU it's never been about gloating, it's all been about telling remainers to accept result and stfu with all moaning,doom mongering, negativity etc

no, that's gloating - are you finding it hard to move on?"

If you or anyone else wants to think it's gloating that's opinion,

I'm having no problem moving on unlike some

"Nthat's the all point.

They will trade with us the money they get out of us for. Champagne and everything else

No its not the point, the point is we still want the products so will HAVE to deal with them no matter what tariffs they put on us. It works both ways, and we are such a well know manufacturing country nowadays."

basically same we still trade with them and same other way

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 1 week ago

They need us but we also need them. It's a well established two-way flow. It might come right in the long term with a no deal Brexit but what about the short term? Tariffs making even some basic goods expensive, shortages of some products and stockpiling of some of our export goods leading to employment lay-offs. It's not being negative. It's being practical. We need a smooth transition out of the EU, not just to be set adrift and hope for the best. And before anyone starts shouting 'Remainer' at me I actually voted to leave though I am not so sure it was a wise decision.

By *poty   profile verified by photo (M) 1 week ago

Here Here . I'm with you on that one. I voted to get out .But if I got another vote .i would vote stay in. Mrs May was a Remainer . But is now getting out . Not what she wanted to do. Seems very odd .

"Here Here . I'm with you on that one. I voted to get out .But if I got another vote .i would vote stay in. Mrs May was a Remainer . But is now getting out . Not what she wanted to do. Seems very odd ."

Nothing odd about it. A lot of Remain MPs have accepted the referendum result and are in favour of an orderly split from the EU and not a rash 'pull up the drawbridge' one. Mrs May was a luke warm Remainer. She stated that she was in favour of staying in the EU but, unlike her cabinet colleagues, did not get involved in the campaign.

*9al By *9al  (M) 1 week ago

I voted to remain but I believe in democracy so we have to leave . I think the only thing people can agree on is that May has made a mess of the negotiations, she needs to go, perhaps she could sign on for universal credit?

"I voted to remain but I believe in democracy so we have to leave . I think the only thing people can agree on is that May has made a mess of the negotiations, she needs to go, perhaps she could sign on for universal credit? "

Sorry but not everyone agrees she has made a mess of it at all. The agreement she has thrashed out with a bone-headed EU Commission is not perfect but I doubt anyone could come up with better. Her many critics, on both sides, are quick to condemn but none of them are coming up with any alternatives. To date hers is the only positive way forward. Everyone else is being very negative.

"I voted to remain but I believe in democracy so we have to leave . I think the only thing people can agree on is that May has made a mess of the negotiations, she needs to go, perhaps she could sign on for universal credit?

Sorry but not everyone agrees she has made a mess of it at all. The agreement she has thrashed out with a bone-headed EU Commission is not perfect but I doubt anyone could come up with better. Her many critics, on both sides, are quick to condemn but none of them are coming up with any alternatives. To date hers is the only positive way forward. Everyone else is being very negative."

Well alot think her deal is wrong and maybe is wrong.

Only because it's the only deal doesn't make it right deal

Remember general election having to do uturns on policys, after finding out what others. Thought

So can you blame all others not giving alternative as Mrs may would take on board as her own ideas. They don't have to by law so saying that they have no alternative just doesn't mean a thing.

When Mrs may makes mistakes someone else takes the blame example Mrs Rudd

When someone gives their good ideas she takes credit for herself.

She only wants her deal that's why she is strolling and wasting time and r

I take it you have read and digested all 500 pages of Mrs May's deal to deliver such a damning rejection of it.

"Here Here . I'm with you on that one. I voted to get out .But if I got another vote .i would vote stay in. Mrs May was a Remainer . But is now getting out . Not what she wanted to do. Seems very odd .

Nothing odd about it. A lot of Remain MPs have accepted the referendum result and are in favour of an orderly split from the EU and not a rash 'pull up the drawbridge' one. Mrs May was a luke warm Remainer. She stated that she was in favour of staying in the EU but, unlike her cabinet colleagues, did not get involved in the campaign."

lukewarm remainer you are either arremainer or a leaver if voted

By what Mrs may said afew times I wouldgguess. She voted remain so she is a remainer at the end of day

David Cameron stepped down as he thought it was wrong of him to deal with exit he did the correct thing

"I take it you have read and digested all 500 pages of Mrs May's deal to deliver such a damning rejection of it."

someone hasn't read post

I said alot of people are saying it's the wrong deal,

Not it is the wrong deal

And most of people saying it is wrong are people that's seen the deal,

Yes lots are saying it's right deal to

But like I said because it's the only deal just doesn't make it the right one.

Remember policys she had to change during election, could lightening be striking again

Remember I'm saying maybe or could nothing definitely both ways

By the way have you yourself read all 500 pages

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 1 week ago

I think it's blindingly obvious the EU didn't and don't want the UK to leave, therefore i don't understand why anybody be they a supporter of leave or remain think that the EU would agree to any kind of deal that would suit the UK and on those grounds it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if it's Mrs. May or any other British Politician alive today as Prime Minister they wouldn't get a deal any better than the one on the table now, i havent seen it and don't know what is in it so i'm not qualified to have an opinion on wether it's good or bad, i can't say i'm happy about all the things i have heard about it the Irish order probably being the main cause of concern but again don't know enough to comment, it does though seem to be a case of this deal or no deal so its probably a case of which we think is the lesser of the two evils so to speak.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 1 week ago

"I think it's blindingly obvious the EU didn't and don't want the UK to leave, therefore i don't understand why anybody be they a supporter of leave or remain think that the EU would agree to any kind of deal that would suit the UK and on those grounds it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if it's Mrs. May or any other British Politician alive today as Prime Minister they wouldn't get a deal any better than the one on the table now, i havent seen it and don't know what is in it so i'm not qualified to have an opinion on wether it's good or bad, i can't say i'm happy about all the things i have heard about it the Irish order probably being the main cause of concern but again don't know enough to comment, it does though seem to be a case of this deal or no deal so its probably a case of which we think is the lesser of the two evils so to speak."

* Irish order should of course read as Irish Border sticky letter b on keyboard*

"I take it you have read and digested all 500 pages of Mrs May's deal to deliver such a damning rejection of it.someone hasn't read post

Not it is the wrong deal

Remember policys she had to change during election, could lightening be striking again

By the way have you yourself read all 500 pages"

No I haven't read all 500 pages of the deal but I have read the main points which, on the whole, seem a very fair deal to get our independence back whilst retaining good trading arrangements with Europe. I also read your post which implied, once again, if Mrs May was in any way involved with it then it has got to be wrong. A lot of people, in the world of business, industry, commerce, farming etc., seem to think it is a good deal. These are the people who really matter. Not the MPs a lot of whom have not got a clue and are just nitpicking for the sake of it and full of their own importance.

On the subject of being a Brexiteer or Remainer things are not as black and white as you think. I would describer myself as something of a reluctant Brexiteer. I'm no fan of the bureaucratic EU but not sure whether leaving, with all the problems it is causing, is such a good thing. Perhaps we should stay in and work to try and reform it or work for its eventual demise from the inside.

"I take it you have read and digested all 500 pages of Mrs May's deal to deliver such a damning rejection of it.someone hasn't read post

Not it is the wrong deal

No I haven't read all 500 pages of the deal but I have read the main points which, on the whole, seem a very fair deal to get our independence back whilst retaining good trading arrangements with Europe. I also read your post which implied, once again, if Mrs May was in any way involved with it then it has got to be wrong. A lot of people, in the world of business, industry, commerce, farming etc., seem to think it is a good deal. These are the people who really matter. Not the MPs a lot of whom have not got a clue and are just nitpicking for the sake of it and full of their own importance.

On the subject of being a Brexiteer or Remainer things are not as black and white as you think. I would describer myself as something of a reluctant Brexiteer. I'm no fan of the bureaucratic EU but not sure whether leaving, with all the problems it is causing, is such a good thing. Perhaps we should stay in and work to try and reform it or work for its eventual demise from the inside.

"

Farmers and alike are mostly remainers so they will like the deal

And you say MP s haven't a clue just remember Mrs may is a MP

The farming community is split down the middle regarding Brexit. Some are very pro EU whereas others are dead against.

Yes Mrs May is an MP as well as being the PM. But anything I might say in her favour you are going to disagree with.

By *ohnBoy67  (M) 1 week ago

Nordic-knight; You seam to be a pretty level-headed bloke with his finger on the pulse....

Personally; I think that as soon as Article 50 was triggered nearly 2 years ago, Mrs May should have gone to the EU and said '' Right, you lot... We are not giving you ANYMORE money (we will pay you at the end when matters are sorted out) until YOU come up with a plan that I can get passed by my government; come back to me when you're ready.''

I'm sure a more beneficial deal would be on the table by now; and a 'NO DEAL' might give some of the EU heads of state a kick up the arse that they really need. It is obvious they don't want to make it easy for us to leave, as that will set off the domino effect resulting in the split of the whole EU club. Short term pain being out of the whole bloody thing will result in the UK being a better country in the long term.

"Nordic-knight; You seam to be a pretty level-headed bloke with his finger on the pulse....

Personally; I think that as soon as Article 50 was triggered nearly 2 years ago, Mrs May should have gone to the EU and said '' Right, you lot... We are not giving you ANYMORE money (we will pay you at the end when matters are sorted out) until YOU come up with a plan that I can get passed by my government; come back to me when you're ready.''

I'm sure a more beneficial deal would be on the table by now; and a 'NO DEAL' might give some of the EU heads of state a kick up the arse that they really need. It is obvious they don't want to make it easy for us to leave, as that will set off the domino effect resulting in the split of the whole EU club. Short term pain being out of the whole bloody thing will result in the UK being a better country in the long term."

Johnboy very well

But this great idea too simple for this government

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 7 days ago

Not it is the wrong deal

"

I think that actually reading the main points is a far better, and more informed, than merely reading a biaised newspaper or listening to the BBC - which is all some people do because it takes minimal effort.

By *aravaggio  (M) 7 days ago

English sparkling wine (not allowed to call it champagne) has been voted the best in several worldwide competitions over the last couple of years, so who actually needs French Champagne, apart from out of date snobs? As for the French vinegar?? New world stuff or even eastern European is often far more palatable. As for German cars, the biggest UK buyers are the fleet buyers, and they don't buy on badge alone, like your private punter. Jap and Korean will easily take the place of BMW etc.. Finally, Belgium chocolate …. lol... now that is really going to affect the trade balance, isn't it? …

By *annyboy87  (M) 7 days ago

Not it is the wrong deal

I think that actually reading the main points is a far better, and more informed, than merely reading a biaised newspaper or listening to the BBC - which is all some people do because it takes minimal effort."

some always go down that route of being accused of reading baised newspaper or anything to do with bbc

When you don't agree with they opinion lolol

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 7 days ago

"

I think that actually reading the main points is a far better, and more informed, than merely reading a biaised newspaper or listening to the BBC - which is all some people do because it takes minimal effort."

You are right there CB. A friend, who works in a government dept., sent me the main points. Even then it was quite lengthy and took some digesting. Hardly any of it was printed in the quality newspapers which meant it definitely wouldn't be in the trashy tabloids. Also the BBC is hardly a reliable source of information on the subject since they are very selective in what they tell you.

*9al By *9al  (M) 7 days ago

May has not been able to negotiate effectively with her own Brexit secretary's, what chance has she got with the EU ?

By *annyboy87  (M) 7 days ago

"

I think that actually reading the main points is a far better, and more informed, than merely reading a biaised newspaper or listening to the BBC - which is all some people do because it takes minimal effort.

You are right there CB. A friend, who works in a government dept., sent me the main points. Even then it was quite lengthy and took some digesting. Hardly any of it was printed in the quality newspapers which meant it definitely wouldn't be in the trashy tabloids. Also the BBC is hardly a reliable source of information on the subject since they are very selective in what they tell you."

some are obviously on they high horse thinking that they better than everyone that look down upon.

Persuming that people read trashy papers, or/and listening to bbc because you don't conform to they opinions

How dare people do that lol

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 7 days ago

"May has not been able to negotiate effectively with her own Brexit secretary's, what chance has she got with the EU ?"

Not quite true. David Davis was useless as Brexit Secretary. Bone idle would be a good description. Dominic Raab, by contrast, worked really hard but did not like the outcome. She seems to be singing off the same hymn sheet as Stephen Barclay.

By *JUST4ME   premium paying member (M) 7 days ago

JohnBoy67, I am not a political animal but I have read the many posts on here and quite frankly many appear or seem not to live in the real world. What you have managed to forget is, it was the United Kingdom who voted to leave the EU and not the 27 other member States within the EU who voted for the UK to leave. Therefore it is the UK Government over the last two years who has had to put forward the draft proposals for leaving and for the remainder 27 countries to agree not the other way around.

For many years the EU have known there has always been a considerable group both in Parliament (MPs) and around the country who have always wanted out, made even more important by the 2016 Referendum. So as for them giving us an easy ride, I am afraid the odds of 1 against 27 were far too great for them to be “nice to us” plus they want to show to other EU Nation States how hard it is for them to attempt to leave the EU.

As for the amount of money we MAY be paying the EU, again you have managed to forget one very important factor, it was in 2013 which the UK Government and the other 27 Nations agreed the 2014 – 2020 EU Budget for the next 7 years and signed it off in November 2013. Plus I have checked and whatever funding is required from the UK it will be paid over a period of time, because they will owe the UK funds equally the UK will owe them funds, not quite as simple as you appear to think it is.

The two most significant funding channels for the UK are the European Structural and Investment (ESI) funds and the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund. For the current funding period (2014-20), the UK has been allocated €17.2 Billion = £15.36 Billion and €22.5 Billion = £20.09Billion through these funds some of which have not been drawn down and the UK Government plus the Scottish Government, The Welsh Government and The Northern Ireland Government can draw these funds down even though the UK would have left the EU because they have been approved. My funding for a project in North Wales under the European Structural Fund although approved in 2016 will not be called down until 2021/2022/2023.

*9al By *9al  (M) 6 days ago

to miss quote meat loaf one out of three is not very good and that is with people she appointed from her own party. May is the wrong person to negotiate with the EU the quicker she gets the sack the better for all concerned

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 6 days ago

" May is the wrong person to negotiate with the EU the quicker she gets the sack the better for all concerned "

Once again I reluctantly find myself defending her. In the circumstances I don't think she is doing a bad job and negotiating Brexit was never going to be easy. Get rid of her and who do you replace her with? None of the front runners in her own party look very promising and the opposition are clueless. All prime ministers have had problems with some of their minister. Margaret Thatcher did as did Tony Blair.

By *annyboy87  (M) 6 days ago

" May is the wrong person to negotiate with the EU the quicker she gets the sack the better for all concerned

Once again I reluctantly find myself defending her. In the circumstances I don't think she is doing a bad job and negotiating Brexit was never going to be easy. Get rid of her and who do you replace her with? None of the front runners in her own party look very promising and the opposition are clueless. All prime ministers have had problems with some of their minister. Margaret Thatcher did as did Tony Blair."

Mr nk

Not being funny but relundantly defend Mrs, you are quick to defend every time a negative word is mentioned

"to miss quote meat loaf one out of three is not very good and that is with people she appointed from her own party. May is the wrong person to negotiate with the EU the quicker she gets the sack the better for all concerned "

She has been clever she's had things in place to make sure she doesn't get sacked

So she can keep to her agenda

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 6 days ago

" May is the wrong person to negotiate with the EU the quicker she gets the sack the better for all concerned

Once again I reluctantly find myself defending her. In the circumstances I don't think she is doing a bad job and negotiating Brexit was never going to be easy. Get rid of her and who do you replace her with? None of the front runners in her own party look very promising and the opposition are clueless. All prime ministers have had problems with some of their minister. Margaret Thatcher did as did Tony Blair. Mr nk

Not being funny but relundantly defend Mrs, you are quick to defend every time a negative word is mentioned "

Not half as quick as you are to condemn every move she makes

Once again I reluctantly find myself defending her. In the circumstances I don't think she is doing a bad job and negotiating Brexit was never going to be easy. Get rid of her and who do you replace her with? None of the front runners in her own party look very promising and the opposition are clueless. All prime ministers have had problems with some of their minister. Margaret Thatcher did as did Tony Blair. Mr nk

Not being funny but relundantly defend Mrs, you are quick to defend every time a negative word is mentioned

Not half as quick as you are to condemn every move she makes "

just as quickly actually but who's bothered

Add a new message to this topic