New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login366004 members (7 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Brussels

See newest message in thread

Brussels

By *illanihole  (M) 5 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

With a no deal parliament here in blighty and the next vote in the commons to extend article 50, there is of course one stumbling block the EU.

Feelings in brussels are begining to turn against accepting an extension. Guy Verhofstat Barnier and Pres macron are all against it unless theres a solid reason behind it. This could turn into a flat NO as after all it takes just one country to veto it, and we are out alltogether.

or if they agree to an extension they only want it to be until may because of the EU elections taking place.Pointless ? well maybe, But what solid plan can be offered ? I can think of two. What do you think

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

Whatever happens over the next few weeks I think that the results of the May EU Parliamentary elections could be very interesting. Nationalistic, anti-EU parties have made considerable gains in general elections in quite a few countries. At a guess they could form a considerable bloc in the next EU Parliament.

By *aravaggio  (M) 5 weeks ago

I think the only reason that the EU are against an extension to article 50, is that they don't want Nigel Farage back in their midst …

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iwmwales  (M) 5 weeks ago

"I think the only reason that the EU are against an extension to article 50, is that they don't want Nigel Farage back in their midst … "

I hope we go for the long extension now. Lets get +/- 80 anti EU MEPs in the EU parliament. UK MEPs with Italy's, Le Pens', Wilders, Orban and the rest may be able to destroy the EU from within. I would love to see a stake driven through the heart of this monster!!

I agree with the sentiment, but destroying from within is a risky and lengthy business. I'd rather get out now, and not get caught up in the eventual messy downfall. It will fail, but I believe getting out now gives us a head start on those remaining.

You are probably right there Mr C. Better to sit on the sidelines and watch it implode, than be part of the ensuing mayhem.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

Trump isn't sitting on the sidelines. he is trying to control the destiny of the UK and I'm guessing it's not because he is concerned for our welfare.

I'd hate to escape the control of the EU just to be ensnared by the US!

I actually think I would prefer to be American, rather than German. Hawaii is 2000 miles from the American mainland, California is "way out, man", and Alaska is light years away! We, here in UK, are only 2,931 miles away and more or less on the same wavelength as the average American.... they need their football team improving, anyway …..

I see Trump had the audacity to offer Mrs May advice about how to negotiate with the EU. Not exactly the most brilliant or diplomatic of negotiators himself especially after the collapse of his recent summit with the North Koreans. Some old adage about bulls and china shops springs to mind.

I think he would have made a better fist of it than our mixture of Remainer politicians and "lets not rock the boat" Civil Service. At least he's had experience of business negotiation, and that's what Brexit is, it isn't an internation treaty governed by protocol and nods and winks by unelected minnions. Its a straight case of this is what I want, what do you want, and the UK blew it at the first hurdle by handing the initiative straight to the EU, whilst our MP's compounded matters by asking for the most stupid of things, like handling negotiations in public...…………. what?????????? Trump would have sat down, stated he was leaving 29/3 without a trade deal, so in the meantime, the EU had better get their act together and offer us something worthwhile, otherwise bye bye German cars, bye bye French cars, bye bye French wine, bye bye Italian cars. he then would have stood up and left...….. that's exactly what he would have told Mrs May, but she, with whatever weird wisdom she thought she had, decided to ignore that, and now look at the mess we're in!

By *annyboy87  (M) 5 weeks ago

"I see Trump had the audacity to offer Mrs May advice about how to negotiate with the EU. Not exactly the most brilliant or diplomatic of negotiators himself especially after the collapse of his recent summit with the North Koreans. Some old adage about bulls and china shops springs to mind."

well Mrs thersea may could do with all help she can get

But she probably wouldn't listen anyway

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 5 weeks ago

It's starting to look as if May has four priorities - 1) her own career and ego, 2) trying to keep the right wing of the Tory party on side, 3) pandering to the DUP and 4) (a long way behind) the interests of the country as a whole.

What do you mean "starting to look", its been that way since she took over as PM. Many people who have worked with her in the past have said she only has her own career in mind irrespective of the job she is doing. She is the worst kind of politician.

"What do you mean "starting to look", its been that way since she took over as PM. Many people who have worked with her in the past have said she only has her own career in mind irrespective of the job she is doing. She is the worst kind of politician."

couldn't agree more

"It's starting to look as if May has four priorities - 1) her own career and ego, 2) trying to keep the right wing of the Tory party on side, 3) pandering to the DUP and 4) (a long way behind) the interests of the country as a whole."

haha Ithink the priority for whoever accepted the poisoned chalice of party leader was survival. In itself a miracle to have lasted this long which does her credit. I think she has sacrificed any chance of a flourishing career to accept the position and fight for Brexit and attempt (against impossible odds) to get some kind of decent deal for the UK.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

'This lady is not for turning' is a phrase associated with Mrs. Thatcher, if it's true that May voted to extend Article 50 after continually assuring us all that we WILL leave the EU on 29th of March, then maybe a phrase we can associate with May is 'This lady is not for trusting!'

Or certainly we cannot trust those who have failed her.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

"Or certainly we cannot trust those who have failed her. "

Possibly if it was they who told her how to vote, in which case it shows her as a very weak person, iup until now i have said she should stay until after brexit but in view of how things have gone in the last week or two if she truly had the country at haert she would do the hourable thing, stand down and make way for someone who will carry out the wishes of the majority efficiently.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ebelatsea    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

Of oblique reference (maybe) to the EU vis USA : how much money is still owed by western European countries to the bank of America - or to put it another way, how much american money is still sloshing around?

Unless a country has a strong dictator the leader will never get want they want if those behind them do not back them. That is the price of democracy.

"Unless a country has a strong dictator the leader will never get want they want if those behind them do not back them. That is the price of democracy. "

Quite true. The Prime Minister of this country is not a dictator. They can obviously make some decisions but they do need the backing of parliament in major decisions such as Brexit. There seems to be no consensus in this parliament for just about any option on the subject. A change of leader would solve nothing and a general election might well produce an even more divisive parliament.

"Or certainly we cannot trust those who have failed her.

Possibly if it was they who told her how to vote, in which case it shows her as a very weak person, iup until now i have said she should stay until after brexit but in view of how things have gone in the last week or two if she truly had the country at haert she would do the hourable thing, stand down and make way for someone who will carry out the wishes of the majority efficiently."

very well said Mr Chris

To some Mrs thersea may can do no wrong

"Unless a country has a strong dictator the leader will never get want they want if those behind them do not back them. That is the price of democracy.

Quite true. The Prime Minister of this country is not a dictator. They can obviously make some decisions but they do need the backing of parliament in major decisions such as Brexit. There seems to be no consensus in this parliament for just about any option on the subject. A change of leader would solve nothing and a general election might well produce an even more divisive parliament."

Not everyone understands that.

"Or certainly we cannot trust those who have failed her. "

yes she has been failed

But what was said is if she has voted to extend Article 50 after all she has said is surely now she can't be trusted.

And even more so if she had to be told who to vote for.

She has failed the people of this country

"Unless a country has a strong dictator the leader will never get want they want if those behind them do not back them. That is the price of democracy.

Quite true. The Prime Minister of this country is not a dictator. They can obviously make some decisions but they do need the backing of parliament in major decisions such as Brexit. There seems to be no consensus in this parliament for just about any option on the subject. A change of leader would solve nothing and a general election might well produce an even more divisive parliament.

Not everyone understands that. "

That is quite obvious

The point is if Mrs thersea may was as good as some on here go out of they way to say she is

Why has failed so darn misably or has she succeedin in which she really wanted from start to mess brexit up and stay in eu

Either way she is simply a bad prime minister

What i do understand is some of her own party and quite possibly an ever growing number of the general public have lost trust in her and i believe that will show in future local and general elections, it will be very difficult, i believe, for many to decide which way to vote under currant leaderships.

"What i do understand is some of her own party and quite possibly an ever growing number of the general public have lost trust in her and i believe that will show in future local and general elections, it will be very difficult, i believe, for many to decide which way to vote under currant leaderships."

There’s no denying that hence her post was always a poisoned chalice.

I can’t begin to guess who the country would want from any party. At the moment I think May is the best of a bad bunch but she will be moving on soon and somehow that is slightly more worrying.

Unfortunately it is looking increasingly likely that soon will be too late, i won't deny that leading Brexit is a tough call but the over used phrase poisoned chalice doesn't really wash with me and should possibly be replaced by 'bitten off much more than one can chew'

Of course there are others who think that they could do better but could they? To actually get out there and try to negotiate is a lot more difficult than standing in the sidelines criticising just for the sake of it. Mrs May has said she will not be leading her party into another general election providing this parliament runs its course. If she can deliver Brexit I rather think she will stand down sooner rather than later.

The only way she can deliver Brexit is to keep on and on submitting the same deal to the vote in the hopes that she scares (bullies) enough of her own party to support what they say is unsupportable and perhaps pay the DUP another bung to get them on side.

When there is only one way to go then that is the route one must take ...its called perseverence.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ornymarc   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results' - Albert Einstein. Anyone come to mind?

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 5 weeks ago

There are still many options open and if they don’t get the delay they want from the EU then we will have a no deal Brexit on 29/03.

"'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results' - Albert Einstein. Anyone come to mind?"

yes wasn't Albert Einstein a very very very intelligent man

And his wise words just described Mrs thersea may

And yet some still sing her praises as if she if so perfect

To be honest Danny I have only seen one poster EVER put Mrs May and the word perfect in the same sentence LOLOL.

"'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results' - Albert Einstein. Anyone come to mind?"

I agree, but in the current example in action I think she will go on and on until she wears down enough people to get her deal accepted. Some opponents in the Tory party have already said they will vote for it next time and the DUP are 'considering' their position (guess it depends on how much money they are offered).

"To be honest Danny I have only seen one poster EVER put Mrs May and the word perfect in the same sentence LOLOL. "

"To be honest Danny I have only seen one poster EVER put Mrs May and the word perfect in the same sentence LOLOL. "

yes I did thought I'd join in with her lovers lol

"'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results' - Albert Einstein. Anyone come to mind?

I agree, but in the current example in action I think she will go on and on until she wears down enough people to get her deal accepted. Some opponents in the Tory party have already said they will vote for it next time and the DUP are 'considering' their position (guess it depends on how much money they are offered)."

What another bribe/softener

Wouldn't be surprised - they have been holding discussions with the Chancellor today. I wonder how much they will require this time.

"To be honest Danny I have only seen one poster EVER put Mrs May and the word perfect in the same sentence LOLOL. yes I did thought I'd join in with her lovers lol"

I would like to know who these 'lovers' are? A figment of someone's imagination perhaps

"To be honest Danny I have only seen one poster EVER put Mrs May and the word perfect in the same sentence LOLOL. yes I did thought I'd join in with her lovers lol

I would like to know who these 'lovers' are? A figment of someone's imagination perhaps"

No not someone special imagination look through threads and you will see for yourself who is constantly singing her praises even when she as messed up

You wouldn't think she can do no wrong with certain few on here. Lolol

"Wouldn't be surprised - they have been holding discussions with the Chancellor today. I wonder how much they will require this time."

most probably won't make it public this time around.

So be some hush hush money involved from magic tree of mays

For the first time in decades the political scene is quite transparent.

Sad if that means that for decades the system has been based on whose support you could afford to buy.

"Sad if that means that for decades the system has been based on whose support you could afford to buy."

That’s probably not far from the truth. Politics has always been about money and power whether from big business or unions and yes it is sad.

Maybe something good will come of out crumbling political system which will be an improvement and maybe we will have a party which actually cares about all the people.

"Wouldn't be surprised - they have been holding discussions with the Chancellor today. I wonder how much they will require this time.most probably won't make it public this time around.

So be some hush hush money involved from magic tree of mays"

They cannot hide money and besides it's your pal McDonnell who grows money trees in his back garden. No one else.

By *awtyCawty  (M) 5 weeks ago

The EU is a dinosaur. A bit like the House of Commons. It’s about time they both became extinct.

"Wouldn't be surprised - they have been holding discussions with the Chancellor today. I wonder how much they will require this time.most probably won't make it public this time around.

They cannot hide money and besides it's your pal McDonnell who grows money trees in his back garden. No one else."

You know that is not true. May said there was no magic money tree to give nurses a pay rise but days later found money to pay off the DUP. So she must have had a money tree in her back garden.

By *awtyCawty  (M) 5 weeks ago

They cannot hide money and besides it's your pal McDonnell who grows money trees in his back garden. No one else.

You know that is not true. May said there was no magic money tree to give nurses a pay rise but days later found money to pay off the DUP. So she must have had a money tree in her back garden."

Quite right too. Why waste it on nurses. The idea that nurses are underpaid is a myth. My mates brother is a nurse and gets paid about £45k a year, a job for life, a guaranteed pension and 4 days on 4 days off forever. Not that bad really.

You know that is not true. May said there was no magic money tree to give nurses a pay rise but days later found money to pay off the DUP. So she must have had a money tree in her back garden."

Ah yes. A nice bit of Corbynistic propaganda which is also not true.

They cannot hide money and besides it's your pal McDonnell who grows money trees in his back garden. No one else."

as Mr mcdonnell switch to support. Conservatives now

As that is news and he is no pal of mine.

And why people are saying Mrs thersea may has a money tree, as one minute she is saying that they is no money then a billion pounds comes out of nowhere for governments prop

And you very well know that, know that your pal Mrs thersea may can do no wrong through your eyes

But lm afraid she does make mistakes big ones

You know that is not true. May said there was no magic money tree to give nurses a pay rise but days later found money to pay off the DUP. So she must have had a money tree in her back garden.

Ah yes. A nice bit of Corbynistic propaganda which is also not true."

look it up and see it from her own mouth

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

Neuter Nawty

You can deflect and try to rewrite history as much as you like but she did say it. I think you are having convenient amnesia.

".look it up and see it from her own mouth "

I do wonder if some people do look-up things and check facts before posting some of their wild statement. Of course if the Sun or the Daily Mirror says so then it must be true

It’s not true but many don’t want to know facts and prefer to repeat such disingenuous drivel. We saw the same thing happen over statements on a bus during the referendum campaigns. I’m sure many who repeat such untruths do so for political point scoring and we see this from all parties and supporters.

By *orum reader  (M) 5 weeks ago

".look it up and see it from her own mouth

I do wonder if some people do look-up things and check facts before posting some of their wild statement. Of course if the Sun or the Daily Mirror says so then it must be true"

The quote there is no money tre was said by Thersea May 03 June 2017 on leaders special question time the quote is on you tube if youd like to check

Indeed. She was answering a question from a nurse on nurses' pay.

I do wonder if some people do look-up things and check facts before posting some of their wild statement. Of course if the Sun or the Daily Mirror says so then it must be true"

How can you claim that quoting words from May's mouth are wild statements. It is only true because she said it and it is there for all to see and hear on Youtube. Next excuse? I suppose Corbyn edited the tape and uploaded it?

I remember Amber Rudd using the phrase referring to Jeremy Corbyn but many had used it before her, and indeed after her.

Of course most of us grown ups know there is no magic money tree and very few believe in magic.

I do wonder if some people do look-up things and check facts before posting some of their wild statement. Of course if the Sun or the Daily Mirror says so then it must be true

How can you claim that quoting words from May's mouth are wild statements. It is only true because she said it and it is there for all to see and hear on Youtube. Next excuse? I suppose Corbyn edited the tape and uploaded it?"

you know what someone as just admitted Mrs thersea may releases wild statements from her mouth

Unless corbyn has edited video

The quote there is no money tre was said by Thersea May 03 June 2017 on leaders special question time the quote is on you tube if youd like to check "

thanks Mr _orum reader

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ayMan007   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

This is a sex site! Can we leave out the political commentary?

"This a sex site! Can we leave out the political commentary?"

well I'm not trying to be funny but you have just posted on a politic forum, so would imagine that you would find political stuff.

If you want how big is your cock there's always lounge

XXX pic...
login to view
By *orchlight  (M) 5 weeks ago

"The only way she can deliver Brexit is to keep on and on submitting the same deal to the vote in the hopes that she scares (bullies) enough of her own party to support what they say is unsupportable and perhaps pay the DUP another bung to get them on side."

Which she will. Already the weak ones are crumbling. She will get her deal through mark my words. If not at the third attempt then the fourth.

I agree she will eventually get it accepted ... and then claim a great victory.

"I agree she will eventually get it accepted ... and then claim a great victory."

Which it will be. Showing perseverance and not surrender.

"I agree she will eventually get it accepted ... and then claim a great victory.

Which it will be. Showing perseverance and not surrender. "

Absolutely. The deal is far from perfect but it is the only one available if we want to avoid the uncertainty of crashing out of Europe. The Brexiteers are not going to welcome an extension of our withdrawal date so hopefully they will do the right thing.

And there will be plenty of the Tory faithful prepared to hail her as a great leader who has been strong and stable as she said she would be. I actually don't understand those who have voted against he deal on two occasions as they find it unacceptable but can change their mind and find it acceptable - many of them the same people who are against a People's Vote and so don't allow anyone else the right to change their minds. A case of do as I say and not as I do.

"And there will be plenty of the Tory faithful prepared to hail her as a great leader who has been strong and stable as she said she would be. I actually don't understand those who have voted against he deal on two occasions as they find it unacceptable but can change their mind and find it acceptable - many of them the same people who are against a People's Vote and so don't allow anyone else the right to change their minds. A case of do as I say and not as I do."

I’m with you on that one.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *orchlight  (M) 5 weeks ago

"And there will be plenty of the Tory faithful prepared to hail her as a great leader who has been strong and stable as she said she would be. I actually don't understand those who have voted against he deal on two occasions as they find it unacceptable but can change their mind and find it acceptable - many of them the same people who are against a People's Vote and so don't allow anyone else the right to change their minds. A case of do as I say and not as I do.

I’m with you on that one. "

Me too. Absolutely. Undemocratic to re run the referendum but quite OK to ask MPs the same question 3 times? Against Erskine May parliamentary traditions.

The bloody woman is a pest.

"I agree she will eventually get it accepted ... and then claim a great victory.

Which it will be. Showing perseverance and not surrender.

Absolutely. The deal is far from perfect but it is the only one available if we want to avoid the uncertainty of crashing out of Europe. The Brexiteers are not going to welcome an extension of our withdrawal date so hopefully they will do the right thing."

the brexiteer is getting blamed for everything. They just want to leave eu

And not leave on the surface but still be in an partnership with eu that's one of reasons why they don't like mays deal

I know if I don't join the braying crowd of those slagging Mrs May off, or dare to commit the cardinal sin of defending her, I will be accused of being in love with her or being a blind follower of hers, but here goes.

What are the alternatives? We either crash our of Europe into uncharted waters which, although some want that, parliament does not. We get our leaving date extended but that could go on ad infinitum getting us nowhere. We could have another referendum with more acrimonious campaigning and more distortions of the truth from both sides, followed by an uncertain result which could take us back to square one.

The EU Commission say that the existing deal is the only one available so further negotiations do not look promising. Corbyn and some remainers would like a 'Norwegian Style' deal which is Brexit in name only and would keep us closely shackled to the EU. That might be popular in the current HOC with its 400+ remain MPs but was that what the country wanted?

Mrs May's deal has plenty of flaws but it is the only thing practical and available if we are ever going to escape the clutches of the EU. The so-called Irish Backstop is always going to be a major stumbling block but there are two things to remember there. The province of Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU, and free movement between NI and the ROI was part of the Good Friday Agreement that has brought a modicum of peace and an uneasy truce to that troubled province.

"And there will be plenty of the Tory faithful prepared to hail her as a great leader who has been strong and stable as she said she would be. I actually don't understand those who have voted against he deal on two occasions as they find it unacceptable but can change their mind and find it acceptable - many of them the same people who are against a People's Vote and so don't allow anyone else the right to change their minds. A case of do as I say and not as I do."

agree with you there.

But politicians have always been hypocrites

And if Mrs thersea may does get her deal accepted on third or fourth or even fifth time of asking

Yes she deserves credit but no great leader an great leader would have got it through first time

As a great leader demands respect she lost that some time ago

"I know if I don't join the braying crowd of those slagging Mrs May off, or dare to commit the cardinal sin of defending her, I will be accused of being in love with her or being a blind follower of hers, but here goes.

What are the alternatives? We either crash our of Europe into uncharted waters which, although some want that, parliament does not. We get our leaving date extended but that could go on ad infinitum getting us nowhere. We could have another referendum with more acrimonious campaigning and more distortions of the truth from both sides, followed by an uncertain result which could take us back to square one.

The EU Commission say that the existing deal is the only one available so further negotiations do not look promising. Corbyn and some remainers would like a 'Norwegian Style' deal which is Brexit in name only and would keep us closely shackled to the EU. That might be popular in the current HOC with its 400+ remain MPs but was that what the country wanted?

Mrs May's deal has plenty of flaws but it is the only thing practical and available if we are ever going to escape the clutches of the EU. The so-called Irish Backstop is always going to be a major stumbling block but there are two things to remember there. The province of Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU, and free movement between NI and the ROI was part of the Good Friday Agreement that has brought a modicum of peace and an uneasy truce to that troubled province."

but are we really escaping the clutches of eu With mays deal

Some don't think so not 100% anyway

"But are we really escaping the clutches of eu With Mrs May's deal

Some don't think so not 100% anyway "

No it doesn't take us 100% out. It is a transition deal by which we leave gradually and with the least disruption. Not everyone who voted leave wants a no deal Brexit. I personally know two MPs who campaigned to leave but don't want a sudden break. The other alternative deal, the Norwegian style one, would tie us into the custom union and trade deals yet we would no longer have a say in them.

By *annyboy87  (M) 4 weeks ago

https://youtu.be/zIbITJekGZE

This is an interesting link on Mrs may

By *poty   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

Well Mrs May has got what she wanted . At the start she didn't want to leave the EU . And it don't look like we are going to. So she is happy. It don't matter to her that the country voted to leave. That's why she don't want the country to have another vote on it. Let's hope she steeps down soon. Good bye mrs May in may.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

"But are we really escaping the clutches of eu With Mrs May's deal

Some don't think so not 100% anyway

No it doesn't take us 100% out. It is a transition deal by which we leave gradually and with the least disruption. Not everyone who voted leave wants a no deal Brexit. I personally know two MPs who campaigned to leave but don't want a sudden break. The other alternative deal, the Norwegian style one, would tie us into the custom union and trade deals yet we would no longer have a say in them. "

I voted leave and still want to leave but I didn’t vote to just jump ship throwing all my toys out of the pram. I’m sure many are like me and want to leave with a well organised plan maintaining many of the links to the EU which are necessary for our future.

From day one Mrs May has maintained leave means leave and I agree with her. From day one she has fought to get us the best possible deal and I am with her on that too. She has taken the flak from the EU, the Leavers and the Remainers but has been a stalwart leader true to her word and never giving in.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

"Well Mrs May has got what she wanted . At the start she didn't want to leave the EU . And it don't look like we are going to. So she is happy. It don't matter to her that the country voted to leave. That's why she don't want the country to have another vote on it. Let's hope she steeps down soon. Good bye mrs May in may. "

Unless you are a close confidant of Mrs May and therefore know things the rest of us don't, then I'm afraid you are way off mark. She may have been a luke-warm remainer [made one statement in favour of staying in the EU but never got involved in campaigning] but she has done her utmost to try and bring about a smooth and successful departure from the EU [I await howls of derision from the Anti-May group] For starters she tried to by-pass parliament in applying for Article 50 which got thwarted by the Courts. She called a general election in the hope of securing a 'Brexit Parliament, but that went disastrously wrong. Plus if she was so keen on staying I'm sure she would have found better things to do with her time than going in for endless negotiations with that gang of cantankerous old commissioners in Brussels.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 4 weeks ago

I understand May's obduracy in bringing her deal back again and again. I know it is the only deal available. What I don't understand is why the people who have been so highly critical of the deal are starting to come on side. I would like to hear which parts of the deal they found unacceptable have suddenly become acceptable. I can understand more why the DUP seem to be shifting - it's surely not coincidence that they had discussions with the Chancellor last week. It's looking grubbier by the day but May will get her deal through (at the fourth attempt, in my opinion) and will be hailed as a great leader rather than a stubborn woman who listens to nobody and has a 'my way or the highway' approach. And then she'll do a Cameron and walk away whistling. But at least there was a comic moment yesterday - seeing Farage dressed as a country squire leading his rag-tag army of 200 supporters, at least as far as the nearest pub for a photo-shoot and then he wouldn't confirm of deny that he would be heading out on a private jet. The best laugh I've had in weeks

By *aravaggio  (M) 4 weeks ago

You have a unique sense of humour ..

" May will get her deal through (at the fourth attempt, in my opinion) and will be hailed as a great leader rather than a stubborn woman who listens to nobody and has a 'my way or the highway' approach. And then she'll do a Cameron and walk away whistling. "

Well I hope you are right and she does get her deal through and walk away tall and proud in the next few months. I don't blame her at all for being stubborn. Someone needs to be in this whole Brexit fiasco. The thing is who should she listen to with so many diverse opinions--or just plain bloody-minded criticisms---around? MPs are probably changing their minds as they can see that this whole sordid Brexit business could go on forever.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

I'm not sure that anyone can stand proud after Brexit. The whole thing has been handled badly from the start. Now we are faced with the best of a bad job.

The prime minister called on politicians to look beyond the categories of Leave and Remain and "resolve this question now".

"The time to define ourselves by how we voted in 2016 must end now. We can only put those old labels aside if we stand together as democrats and patriots, pragmatically making the honourable compromises necessary to heal division and move forward,"

I agree.

No its not an coincidence dup visit Hammond and then soften up on deal.

Probably another bribe / softener from Mrs thersea may money tree ( which she has not supposed to have got. Well not when it comes down to. People of ofvthis country. Only when it suits herself)

And how can she ever stand tall after we leave she hasn't handled it very well from start

Nobody has

Mrs thersea may is only in it for herself she wants to make history of being the prime minister that took us out of eu,

She hasn't got the people of this country in her thoughts at all. The words used the most with this selfish woman are I, my and me is not an team player.

And she only get this Deal through.

Because she is wearing down everyone and getting fed up with it and some getting sweetners /bribes

I take it you were at the meeting between Philip Hammond and the DUP since you seem to know exactly what is going on Danny?

"I take it you were at the meeting between Philip Hammond and the DUP since you seem to know exactly what is going on Danny? "

No I wasn't but it is so obvious

Look what happened last time one billion pounds of our hard earned taxpayers money went they way so this governmentcan get ppropped up

Wouldn't bet against it happening again, as they do need to get dup in side only this time they won't make it public.

And after Mrs thersea may own very word's about no money tree

And if you don't believe go and use that link I posted early

"I take it you were at the meeting between Philip Hammond and the DUP since you seem to know exactly what is going on Danny? "

It’s quite obvious that member of the public and no politician can possibly know everything that is going on. Even those at the sharp end are struggling with changing views and ideas on an almost daily basis.

A country split in half. Political parties in pieces. Every group having separate factions and fragmented sub-factions. Nobody can possibly know. Nobody will ever come up with a plan to please a majority. We can only hope our leaders make good decisions and keep our fingers crossed that some sort of order will come out of it.

"I take it you were at the meeting between Philip Hammond and the DUP since you seem to know exactly what is going on Danny? No I wasn't but it is so obvious

Look what happened last time one billion pounds of our hard earned taxpayers money went they way so this governmentcan get ppropped up

Wouldn't bet against it happening again, as they do need to get dup in side only this time they won't make it public.

"

Hammond stated this morning that a financial deal to secure DUP support for the deal cannot be ruled out. A sad state of affairs when there is no money to end austerity and boost public services but it can be found very easily to put right the cock-ups by failing Grayling and to buy DUP support yet again.

In politics as in real life, people rarely do something for nothing. Throughout Europe most countries have coalition governments to get those governments in place and working no doubt the senior partners have had to offer the junior parties some kind of sweetener or incentive to get them on side e.g. a pet policy, money for one of their favourite projects or a cabinet seat. Thankfully Mrs May did not go down that last route [can you imagine Ian Paisley Jnr as Home Secretary!!!]

As I've said repeatedly in the past a £1bn was offered to the Province of Northern Island and not the DUP political party, over a 4 year period. Not as a lump sum. Perhaps more incentives may be offered to get the DUP on board to get this Brexit deal through parliament. Perhaps she could get the SNP on her side by offering them another Scottish independence vote!

This whole Brexit business needs sorting out as soon as possible now so the the country can get on with life.

I understand that you feel obliged to defend your party and dear Daisy's every move but I still think it must be a very bad deal if she has to buy and bully it through. I don't understand the people who are now changing their principles to support what they could not support just days ago. I am saddened by the way this whole Brexshit debacle has shown the morally corrupt underbelly of our political system and the extent to which our politicians have revealed them to be self-serving egotists. I think it will have long-lasting effects on how we view our much-vaunted democracy. One lesson the next prime minister will have leart is how it is acceptable to buy and bully your way to get what you want.

"I take it you were at the meeting between Philip Hammond and the DUP since you seem to know exactly what is going on Danny? No I wasn't but it is so obvious

Austerity will be irrelevant compared to the wrong deal on Brexit.

Hammond stated this morning that a financial deal to secure DUP support for the deal cannot be ruled out. A sad state of affairs when there is no money to end austerity and boost public services but it can be found very easily to put right the cock-ups by failing Grayling and to buy DUP support yet again."

Sorry to disappoint you Mr Eastkenter but I don't belong to any party. Also I treat the daisies in my garden a bit kinder than I do the dandelions. I don't spray them or dig them up but they do get topped by the lawnmower.

Hammond stated this morning that a financial deal to secure DUP support for the deal cannot be ruled out. A sad state of affairs when there is no money to end austerity and boost public services but it can be found very easily to put right the cock-ups by failing Grayling and to buy DUP support yet again."

Austerity will be irrelevant compared to the wrong deal on Brexit.

It is irrelevant compared to any Brexit but that doesn't mean the wrong deal from last week suddenly becoming the right deal for this week.

Hammond stated this morning that a financial deal to secure DUP support for the deal cannot be ruled out. A sad state of affairs when there is no money to end austerity and boost public services but it can be found very easily to put right the cock-ups by failing Grayling and to buy DUP support yet again.

Austerity will be irrelevant compared to the wrong deal on Brexit. "

yes I agree with you.

And Mrs thersea may s deal must be a very wrong deal

If it was such a good deal as Mrs thersea may says, and let's face it she would say it's good no matter what.

Can understand why remainers don't want it. But why doesn't brexiteers like it can only be one answer

It's the wrong deal, I've heard we be in some kind of partnership not fully leaving.

We are supposed to be leaving the country voted that

Some think it's wrong to leave some think. Right thing to do. But our government and fellow parties have shown Britain up we be laughing stock of Europe

With all underhand tactics and back stabbings and bribing

Mrs thersea may would have been better drafting a deal and putting it to our Parliament before going to eu.

Get a deal drawn up what this country is happy with then go to eu and tell them it'sthis deal or no dDeal but instead weak Mrs thersea may has more or less give power to eu

"Sorry to disappoint you Mr Eastkenter but I don't belong to any party. Also I treat the daisies in my garden a bit kinder than I do the dandelions. I don't spray them or dig them up but they do get topped by the lawnmower."

No Mr nk you may not belong to any party but you do vote /follow conservative party.

Nothing wrong in that at all, as I've done same but last election is last time I vote for conservative party if not an change of leader

And you are alot kinder to daisy's (may) than dandelions ( corbyn)

As it's obvious how you jump to defend Mrs thersea may at every opportunity but nothing wrong with that either.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

You must hate how she is ballsing everything up

"It is irrelevant compared to any Brexit but that doesn't mean the wrong deal from last week suddenly becoming the right deal for this week."

Totally agree

How can a bad deal turn good without changing anything. Maybe bribery can't surely be

I don’t think a bad deal will change to a good one or vice versa.

I do think we try for the best deal possible and go all out to get it. No point in reaching for the sky if it’s not possible and no point in throwing our toys out the pram and jumping ship with no raft .. just on a matter of principle or through a lack of thinking ahead.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

Apparently, in return for supporting May's deal, the DUP have requested a seat at the table for all future trade deals with the EU, which personally i don't see as being a problem in my opinion all parties should be involved, and rather than a bad deal being a good deal, rightly or wrongly MP's are considering agreeing to it so as not to prolong Brexit past the 29th, which i would say is slightly different to supporting it.

If the DUP granted their demand it should also extend to all other parties.

Voting yes to the deal is the same as supporting it - you would be a fool to vote for something you don't support. If those people concerned knew they would cave in at the end they could have supported the deal in the first place and saved a whole lot of trouble and confusion and prevented us becoming a laughing stock.

Like you say Danny I have always voted Conservative and probably will continue to do so. However if a new political party emerges with some sensible policies, and if BoJo were to become Conservative leader I might reconsider. I was once a party member but left years ago when IDS became leader.

Ypu keep on about Mrs May 'ballsing' things up but I put that down to your blind hatred of her. I don't defend everything she does but it does seem that you and others condemn her every action without sitting back and thinking it through.

The withdrawal deal she has managed to negotiate is far from perfect but it is the only one available if we are going to escape from this bureaucratic hegemony asap and with the least disruption. You seem to condemn it out of hand simply because it is a deal made by your sworn enemy.

"If the DUP granted their demand it should also extend to all other parties.

Voting yes to the deal is the same as supporting it - you would be a fool to vote for something you don't support. If those people concerned knew they would cave in at the end they could have supported the deal in the first place and saved a whole lot of trouble and confusion and prevented us becoming a laughing stock."

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 4 weeks ago

Nicely and eloquently put Mr NK, a relaxed and sensible argument except I would add at least another 2 options to BoJo as leader which would trigger my voting for a viable alternative party

"Like you say Danny I have always voted Conservative and probably will continue to do so. However if a new political party emerges with some sensible policies, and if BoJo were to become Conservative leader I might reconsider. I was once a party member but left years ago when IDS became leader.

Ypu keep on about Mrs May 'ballsing' things up but I put that down to your blind hatred of her. I don't defend everything she does but it does seem that you and others condemn her every action without sitting back and thinking it through.

The withdrawal deal she has managed to negotiate is far from perfect but it is the only one available if we are going to escape from this bureaucratic hegemony asap and with the least disruption. You seem to condemn it out of hand simply because it is a deal made by your sworn enemy."

I've only got one sworn enemy and he living in strangeways as I write in not downing street.

I dont see Mrs thersea may as an enemy just an weak out of her depth prime minister

Yes I may highlight her bad ways along with others but for every post that is posted they is a post straight after defending by same few.

So end of day we are all as bad as each other

"Like you say Danny I have always voted Conservative and probably will continue to do so. However if a new political party emerges with some sensible policies, and if BoJo were to become Conservative leader I might reconsider. I was once a party member but left years ago when IDS became leader.

The withdrawal deal she has managed to negotiate is far from perfect but it is the only one available if we are going to escape from this bureaucratic hegemony asap and with the least disruption. You seem to condemn it out of hand simply because it is a deal made by your sworn enemy."

I do not agree that Danny criticises the deal because May is a sworn enemy. On that logic, she must also be the sworn enemy of many of her own party's MPs who have also rejected her deal.

Haha .. I don’t think Danny sees Mrs May as the enemy but he certainly doesn’t like her or has confidence in her abilities. That’s fair enough we all have preferences and choices although I suspect most in here thinks he mentions it a little too often. I also suspect that if Corbyn had her bravery and kept his head above the parapet then at least one poster would criticise him at every opportunity.

MPs are a treacherous, back stabbing lot so they are just doing what is expected of them.

Mr Eastkenter

I criticise Mrs daisy mays deal as it's obviously the wrong deal, or a part of it is wrong

If not why is so many in her very own party forget labour and others they expected to object, but her own very party

And that's even those that voted leave so it can't be that good of a deal, her followers will definitely say it is as she can't do much wrong

She has presented the same deal twice now, pulled out of one. all to waste

Time and run clock down

Now even turning to offering sweetners /bribes to attempt to get same deal through

Mps know it will be an bad idea to leave with no Deal as eu will make sure we suffer well try

So daisy may is hoping that they jump on board with the deal even though they don't really support it.

Who in there right mind does that, we'll we know why alot has resigned. Those that has got some pride.

All Mrs thersea may wants is to be prime minister that lead us out of eu, well on the surface anyways

She has always been about herself and only herself she just doesn't give a damp about the people of this country at all

"Haha .. I don’t think Danny sees Mrs May as the enemy but he certainly doesn’t like her or has confidence in her abilities. That’s fair enough we all have preferences and choices although I suspect most in here thinks he mentions it a little too often. I also suspect that if Corbyn had her bravery and kept his head above the parapet then at least one poster would criticise him at every opportunity.

MPs are a treacherous, back stabbing lot so they are just doing what is expected of them. "

I only mention it as often as alot of others like to jump on corbyn but that's okay I guess

"Haha .. I don’t think Danny sees Mrs May as the enemy but he certainly doesn’t like her or has confidence in her abilities. That’s fair enough we all have preferences and choices although I suspect most in here thinks he mentions it a little too often. I also suspect that if Corbyn had her bravery and kept his head above the parapet then at least one poster would criticise him at every opportunity.

MPs are a treacherous, back stabbing lot so they are just doing what is expected of them. I only mention it as often as alot of others like to jump on corbyn but that's okay I guess "

That’s what I just said lol.

“All Mrs thersea may wants is to be prime minister that lead us out of eu, well on the surface anyways”

Agree. She has already succeeded in becoming prime minister and she is the only politician of any party I have seen say Brexit means Brexit and fight tooth and nail to keep her word and get us the best deal possible.

"

I criticise Mrs daisy mays deal as it's obviously the wrong deal, or a part of it is wrong "

I really don't know why you keep harping on about a character from a 1979 American film which was a sort of comedy Western. I thought we were discussing the UKs proposed withdrawal from the EU.

"

I criticise Mrs daisy mays deal as it's obviously the wrong deal, or a part of it is wrong

I really don't know why you keep harping on about a character from a 1979 American film which was a sort of comedy Western. I thought we were I discussing the UKs proposed withdrawal from the EU."

hahaha lol

You know to well who I mean when I put daisy may but incase you don't it's Mrs thersea may our beloved prime minister the perfect one

As far as nicknames go being referred to as Daisy probably pleases her.

Teflon, two jags, cleggover, the Welsh windbag .... bloody hundreds of them lol.

"As far as nicknames go being referred to as Daisy probably pleases her.

Teflon, two jags, cleggover, the Welsh windbag .... bloody hundreds of them lol. "

I've never heard of Mrs Theresa Mary May being referred to as Daisy May apart from on this forum and then only by two. Perhaps that's what she gets called in comics like the Sun, the Daly Mirror, Viz etc. etc. but I'm afraid I don't waste my time reading such puerile publications.

Teflon, two jags, cleggover, the Welsh windbag .... bloody hundreds of them lol.

I've never heard of Mrs Theresa Mary May being referred to as Daisy May apart from on this forum and then only by two. Perhaps that's what she gets called in comics like the Sun, the Daly Mirror, Viz etc. etc. but I'm afraid I don't waste my time reading such puerile publications."

How golden life must seem in your intellectual ivory tower looking down on those you consider to be below you and suggesting they read puerile publications. You could not be more wrong as I have never read any of the comics to which you refer. And if I did, it's not for the likes of you to judge me for it.

*ass65 By *ass65   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

Daisey May was a puppet!!!

"Daisey May was a puppet!!!"

I'd better stop calling Mrs thersea may daisy as I don't want to insult an puppet lolol

I've never heard of Mrs Theresa Mary May being referred to as Daisy May apart from on this forum and then only by two. Perhaps that's what she gets called in comics like the Sun, the Daly Mirror, Viz etc. etc. but I'm afraid I don't waste my time reading such puerile publications.

How golden life must seem in your intellectual ivory tower looking down on those you consider to be below you and suggesting they read puerile publications. You could not be more wrong as I have never read any of the comics to which you refer. And if I did, it's not for the likes of you to judge me for it."

Very well said

But that's typical of some on here that are on their high horses thinking that they better than everyone else

They sit behind they keyboards jugdeing anyone that dares to not agree with them and their opinions.

Question ones intelligence because you disagree with them as their words are the only correct words out there

Just have to hope their don't fall off their high horse may get hurt as it's a long way down

I myself don't read the publications being mentioned so I'm lost at what is being said about them

XXX pic...
login to view

this forum bears a remarkable similarity to Westminster.

It starts off with a valid point and then descends into members making disparaging comments and sideswipes against each other. It's almost as if some people deliberately come into the forum to be either a vic*tim or a protagonist.

Don't you realise you're spoiling it?

"this forum bears a remarkable similarity to Westminster.

It starts off with a valid point and then descends into members making disparaging comments and sideswipes against each other. It's almost as if some people deliberately come into the forum to be either a vic*tim or a protagonist.

Don't you realise you're spoiling it?"

So true. I admit I am as guilty of this as anyone. What I say is not going to alter anyone's opinion and even when I have just stated facts they get refuted so I think I'm going to call it a day.

"this forum bears a remarkable similarity to Westminster.

Don't you realise you're spoiling it?"

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

I'd love to know how Mrs Thatcher would have handdled Brexit. I dare say that the handbag would be well used.

My guess is that the money settlement would be the final thing discussed. That would only come into effect if a deal was reached, so why discuss it first.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *illwillin   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

Thatcher was a europhile and as much as I hate her, a professional politician. This whole debacle would never have happened.

"I'd love to know how Mrs Thatcher would have handdled Brexit. I dare say that the handbag would be well used.

My guess is that the money settlement would be the final thing discussed. That would only come into effect if a deal was reached, so why discuss it first."

If Mrs T was still in charge, the problem wouldn't have arisen, as that muppet, John Major, wouldn't have been in place to sign us up to the Maastricht Agreement, which in essence, is the thing that got us into this dogs dinner of "European Harmony".

I wasn't around to see Mrs thatcher in action

But what I've been told she would have got of eu With a decent deal already, not coming back to table three or four times.

And then having to end up bribing /paying people of to get it through

As she was an good leader and an good leader gets respect from hero his own party

One thing Mrs may doesn’t.

If thatcher was in charge we most certainly wouldn't be in this mess and this country and it's people be in a better place.

That's come from people that was around at the time.

"I'd love to know how Mrs Thatcher would have handdled Brexit. I dare say that the handbag would be well used.

My guess is that the money settlement would be the final thing discussed. That would only come into effect if a deal was reached, so why discuss it first."

She is certainly the toughest of our PMs and a good negotiator but I’m not sure she would have made a lot of difference and might even had stirred the EU into bing even more unreasonable. May certainly shares her steadfast ways.

My guess is that the money settlement would be the final thing discussed. That would only come into effect if a deal was reached, so why discuss it first.

She is certainly the toughest of our PMs and a good negotiator but I’m not sure she would have made a lot of difference and might even had stirred the EU into bing even more unreasonable. May certainly shares her steadfast ways. "

Mikey, whilst in agreement with a lot if your views, Theresa May is norhing like Margaret Thatcher, plus, I say again, she would never have signed up for Maastricht

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

She wasn't above stealing the food from children's mouths.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

I met Mrs Thatcher a number of times towards the end of her premiership but I couldn't claim anything other than to have met her. She was remarkably caring and compassionate to those people around her I observed, not at all like her television image.

It was a different world then with politicians of a different calibre but I did experience her very firmly holding her position even against strong advice. I get the impression that she would not have tolerated the EU calling the shots on process and the order of things happening but in her era we were a much bigger power with a lot of friends in the EU.

As a teenager I stewarded at a number of Ted Heath's events he was a charming man with never a hint of impropriety and I never even heard rumours of him liking boys but I would have been happy to have been his cabin boy to roger lol.

"She wasn't above stealing the food from children's mouths."

There are some pretty silly comment on these pages but that has got to be one of the silliest.

By *orum reader  (M) 4 weeks ago

"She wasn't above stealing the food from children's mouths.

There are some pretty silly comment on these pages but that has got to be one of the silliest."

I totally agree I was never a fan of Mrs Thatcher but whatever she did she thought she was doing the right thing the same as Tony Blair thought he was right but nobody ever deliberately trys to make life bad for the country they lead there are way to many people using personalities as canon fodder when the problem is always policy

There are some pretty silly comment on these pages but that has got to be one of the silliest.

I totally agree I was never a fan of Mrs Thatcher but whatever she did she thought she was doing the right thing the same as Tony Blair thought he was right but nobody ever deliberately trys to make life bad for the country they lead there are way to many people using personalities as canon fodder when the problem is always policy"

Every educated person knows you are right that nobody in politics deliberately tries to make things worse for the country but just have different ideas of how to tackle problems. If only those who pretend otherwise could forget their politics and look at reality.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

Alledgedly Speaker rules out the government bringing back meaningful vote 3 unless the deal has changed. Govt cannot bring same motion twice. Convention dates back to 1604, he says. That could cause problems, but then think we all knew what side Bercow was on anyway.

She is certainly the toughest of our PMs and a good negotiator but I’m not sure she would have made a lot of difference and might even had stirred the EU into bing even more unreasonable. May certainly shares her steadfast ways.

Mikey, whilst in agreement with a lot if your views, Theresa May is norhing like Margaret Thatcher, plus, I say again, she would never have signed up for Maastricht

"

I'm in agreement with you on this one

To what I've been told by my grandparents and they friends and lots of others

All say Mrs thatcher was 100% better than Mrs thersea may in every way. By the way they all conservative followers allthey lives

By ssounds of it thatcher was a proper leader that demanded respect and got it from her own party

Something Mrs thersea may doesn’t but yet we have certain few saying she does.

It's that respect why she's having to pay people off to get her deal through

I totally agree I was never a fan of Mrs Thatcher but whatever she did she thought she was doing the right thing the same as Tony Blair thought he was right but nobody ever deliberately trys to make life bad for the country they lead there are way to many people using personalities as canon fodder when the problem is always policy

Every educated person knows you are right that nobody in politics deliberately tries to make things worse for the country but just have different ideas of how to tackle problems. If only those who pretend otherwise could forget their politics and look at reality. "

yes nobody sets out to. Deliberately make things worse for country

But some end up doing so with their incompetence some more than others

Mainly looking after they own interests

XXX pic...
login to view

Children's milk snatcher.

"Children's milk snatcher. "

Boring. We dealt with this on another thread. She saved the country millions by stopping the outdated practice of giving schoolkids 1/3 pt bottle of wishy-washy, tasteless, nutrition-less homogenized milk every day, most of which got wasted anyway.

"Alledgedly Speaker rules out the government bringing back meaningful vote 3 unless the deal has changed. Govt cannot bring same motion twice. Convention dates back to 1604, he says. That could cause problems, but then think we all knew what side Bercow was on anyway."

Seems he is on the side of Commmons convention and rules, which can only be a good thing. I am interested to see how she is going to bully her way out of this one.

Think you mean he is clearly on the side of remain hence the motions he allows to be voted on against those he blocks together with a certain sticker on the back of HIS car which he claimed was his wife!

John Bercow has ruled out another vote on the government's previously rejected Brexit agreement if the motion remains "substantially the same".

He told MPs parliamentary conventions dating back to 1604 meant they could not be asked to vote on precisely the same subject twice in the same session.

He said the second vote on the prime minister's deal last week was "in order" but any further votes must pass the "test" he had set out in order to be allowed.

"Children's milk snatcher.

Boring. We dealt with this on another thread. She saved the country millions by stopping the outdated practice of giving schoolkids 1/3 pt bottle of wishy-washy, tasteless, nutrition-less homogenized milk every day, most of which got wasted anyway. "

in total agreement with you on this one Mr nk

"Think you mean he is clearly on the side of remain hence the motions he allows to be voted on against those he blocks together with a certain sticker on the back of HIS car which he claimed was his wife! "

yes remainers will try anything to stay in.

You know what even though I have no confidence in Mrs may or her deal,

Fuck it let's just accept her deal and get out, even if it means leaving just 98%

The country voted leave so we should leave. the remainers thoughts on it the result is leave. The remainers should just shut up and accept it

XXX pic...
login to view

"Children's milk snatcher. "

It's pretty conclusive that the process of removing free milk from schools started in 1968 by Harold Wilson. It had been planned in 1965.

The Tory government just continued the plan as started by Labour but there was a populat press headline.

Let's not let the truth get in the way of false news.

“yes remainers will try anything to stay in.”

Of course they will and so would the Leavers try anything to leave.

We hope that most of us want what we believe is best for the country so of course we all stay true to our beliefs.

Not only that how many times can Mrs may bring same deal to table with no change seriously

So even though berscow may have done it for remain reason but really done right thing if you think about. It

Who can she bribe now

XXX pic...
login to view

Shush everyone , sit down listen , the great nordic knight is gonna instruct us exactly how EVERYTHING is. He was there , he knows

first hand . Please dont hav other opinions. Just look at him and be happy he is amongst us.

"Think you mean he is clearly on the side of remain hence the motions he allows to be voted on against those he blocks together with a certain sticker on the back of HIS car which he claimed was his wife! yes remainers will try anything to stay in.

You know what even though I have no confidence in Mrs may or her deal,

Fuck it let's just accept her deal and get out, even if it means leaving just 98%

The country voted leave so we should leave. the remainers thoughts on it the result is leave. The remainers should just shut up and accept it"

The case in point has nothing at all to do with Leavers or Remainers. The Commons convention was in place long before there was any mention of Brexit so he is just doing his job.

"“yes remainers will try anything to stay in.”

Of course they will and so would the Leavers try anything to leave.

We hope that most of us want what we believe is best for the country so of course we all stay true to our beliefs. "

yes you are right but there is one thing you are forgetting

The vote resulted in leave having more votes than remain, so the result should be accepted

And those in parliament whatever party should to and work together to get the best deal for country

"Shush everyone , sit down listen , the great nordic knight is gonna instruct us exactly how EVERYTHING is. He was there , he knows

first hand . Please dont hav other opinions. Just look at him and be happy he is amongst us. "

lol

By *ohnBoy67  (M) 4 weeks ago

Dannyboy;

The trouble with Mrs May's deal, is that it is not really OUT! And God knows how much and for how long we will continue to send OUR taxes to Europe to waste on roads that no-one uses (YES, I've seen it, could expand on where if anyone wants to know!!!) and other such projects. We could do so much more in this country with that money - it needs it! Charity should start at home. If she had any balls; 2 years ago when Article 50 was triggered, she should have said to Europe 'NO MONEY AT ALL until it is resolved!

That would have made them a damn sight more amenable than just saying 'Non! or Nein! at everything. Bloody politicians, f**king useless, the lot of them!

Johnboy67

In total agreement with you, I've always said Mrs thersea may deal means we have a big toe left in eu.

Some of her followers on here carryon saying it is brexiteers that's messing things up, but maybe they are they want to leave just like most that voted leave

And leave must mean leave but we have an remainer handling exit deal so what do we expect.

She never have compained remain but said she wanted to remain, so why would you say that you want remain then vote leave, so must have voted remain so she is an remainer, no such thing as lukewarm remainer either

I believe it is also a requirement of the speaker to remain impartial something Bercow has showen very little sign of being of late, he could have made a point after the deal was voted down for the second time last week that it could not go to 'MV3' without 'significant' changes therfore giving a bit of time to attempt to look into making changes, instead of waiting till mid afternoon the day before a possible vote leaving little time to make neccassairy changes.

"Shush everyone , sit down listen , the great nordic knight is gonna instruct us exactly how EVERYTHING is. He was there , he knows

first hand . Please dont hav other opinions. Just look at him and be happy he is amongst us. "

To be fair he does offer some good and interesting posts. Not everyone does so.

You a bit hacked off because he put you back in your box concerning Mrs T and the milk?? Its a bit rich, getting your facts all wrong, then having a go at the bloke who corrects you …

*Ybear By *Ybear  (M) 4 weeks ago

Oh no, I don’t know how to make a cogent counter argument!

I know I’ll just make a snide personal remark instead.

XXX pic...
login to view

Let's play nicely!

There's room for anyone who wants to make a valid point but if what you post is vitriol and bile then it will invite comment.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion within the rules (sadly even if that is merely a repetitive slagging off of one person!)

"I believe it is also a requirement of the speaker to remain impartial something Bercow has showen very little sign of being of late, he could have made a point after the deal was voted down for the second time last week that it could not go to 'MV3' without 'significant' changes therfore giving a bit of time to attempt to look into making changes, instead of waiting till mid afternoon the day before a possible vote leaving little time to make neccassairy changes."

that is a good point

XXX pic...
login to view

At least it was a constructive point

Add a new message to this topic