New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login366004 members (7 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > NO DEAL Brexit

See newest message in thread

NO DEAL Brexit

By *ohnBoy67  (M) 4 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

If the 17.5 million people that voted OUT still feel that way, I certainly do - even MORE SO now - we must rise up and rebel against a 2 year delay, which looks possible / likely.

Since June 2016, we've been well & truly FUCKED by this bloody useless government & parliament; I'm a traditional Tory voter, although did not go that way the last couple of elections.... my constituency is SO red, there was no point; UKIP got it.

The only reason Mrs May is still there is because the opposition is SO bloody weak, and no-one wants Commy Corbyn & Mad-dog MacDonnell anywhere near No:10 !

RISE UP PEOPLE !!!!!

We need to make this wonderful country of ours GREAT again; we don't need Europe, they need us, we just need to make sure that they are aware of that!

Having lobbed that grenade into the open, I'm diving for cover !! Lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

Well I voted leave and probably would again if there was another referendum. However I don't feel that strongly about it and I feel rather contemptuous towards those who stand outside the Palace of Westminster, waving flags and shout the odds, irrespective of what side they are on.

I want this whole Brexit business to be sorted asap and I do not want to see an extension of any kind. But rise up and demonstrate? No way.

By *annyboy87  (M) 4 weeks ago

In total agreement with you Mr Johnboy67

If it does end up being two years, that goes down as a victory for Mrs thersea may. As it's my opinion she engineering itfor us to rremain most probably why she just keeps coming to table with same deal. And planned third time until Mr speaker put a stop to that'd rightly so.

No matter how some think of her she is an intelligent woman, and only an idiot would keep going back with same deal

And Mrs thersea may is no idiot

So she has got to be upto something for sure. Whether it's to fuck up brexit.

Or just to be in power for longer remember she said she would step down after brexit, so could be delaying it

But it's one or both reasons why things are happening like they are

And it's not only Mrs thersea may it all remainers too, afew on here says it's brexiteers but that's all because of Mrs thersea may bad deal.

Well two years is long enough for someone else to take over. And draft a good deal.

As Mrs thersea may has clearly failed or we would be leaving on March 29th at 11.00am with an good deal if she hadn't

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

"Well I voted leave and probably would again if there was another referendum. However I don't feel that strongly about it and I feel rather contemptuous towards those who stand outside the Palace of Westminster, waving flags and shout the odds, irrespective of what side they are on.

I want this whole Brexit business to be sorted asap and I do not want to see an extension of any kind. But rise up and demonstrate? No way. "

I agree wholeheartedly. I also voted Brexit and want out but our cause has been shamed by many and all these tossers who want self satisfying violence and want to make life even harder for ordinary people. You only have to look at the thugs in France to see the sense in that.

Not being funny Danny but writing so many sentences about a woman you despise .. I have never see any name mentioned so many times in one post haha ... but it’s about Brexit not that one woman who seems to haunt you.

And who mentioned violent demonstrations. No body. Has said anything in that way at all

There are plenty of friendly demos that go of all over world. So I hope you wasn't calling myself a tosser, or other posters not very nice thing to do tut tut

"And who mentioned violent demonstrations. No body. Has said anything in that way at all

There are plenty of friendly demos that go of all over world. So I hope you wasn't calling myself a tosser, or other posters not very nice thing to do tut tut"

You have looked at two entirely separate posts. One was in reply to the original op and I stand by what I said and “rising up” usually ends with violence.

The second post was in reply to yours and referred to the lady who haunts you.

Please concentrate lol.

"Not being funny Danny but writing so many sentences about a woman you despise .. I have never see any name mentioned so many times in one post haha ... but it’s about Brexit not that one woman who seems to haunt you. "

who is in charge of dealing with exit so that's where blame goes

I promise to cut down with mentioning Mrs may. As much obviously upsetting her fan club lolol

"Not being funny Danny but writing so many sentences about a woman you despise .. I have never see any name mentioned so many times in one post haha ... but it’s about Brexit not that one woman who seems to haunt you. who is in charge of dealing with exit so that's where blame goes

I promise to cut down with mentioning Mrs may. As much obviously upsetting her fan club lolol"

My post was just humour. The amount of times you mention her is hilarious but carry on. I’m not part of any fan club but I have become a bit of a fan.

"Not being funny Danny but writing so many sentences about a woman you despise .. I have never see any name mentioned so many times in one post haha ... but it’s about Brexit not that one woman who seems to haunt you. who is in charge of dealing with exit so that's where blame goes

I promise to cut down with mentioning Mrs may. As much obviously upsetting her fan club lolol

My post was just humour. The amount of times you mention her is hilarious but carry on. I’m not part of any fan club but I have become a bit of a fan. "

I know that's why I said it

Please enjoy your evening as I'm not going to get involved in any silliness lol

Just one thing I don't despise Mrs may an woman. As I'm sure she is an good woman

Just bad at her job in other words she is a shit leader, we just might be better with bj. Or even corbyn

I'm off now as I've got an life

"Just one thing I don't despise Mrs may an woman. As I'm sure she is an good woman

Just bad at her job in other words she is a shit leader, we just might be better with bj. Or even corbyn

I'm off now as I've got an life"

If Corbyn got in we might all be without our lives. That sounds like an exaggeration but with his enormous following of terrorists from around the world it is not something we should not worry about.

BJ would be ok ... just give him a zip wire or a bike and he’d play all day lol.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *heshire baldie  (M) 4 weeks ago

I promise to cut down with mentioning Mrs may. As much obviously upsetting her fan club lolol"

No, please, mention her as much as you want, if it pleases you. Most of us don’t care - most of us are sick of her continually embarrassing us.

Mr NK;

Having read a lot of your posts on a variety of subjects, I'd like to think that you are an intelligent man with a sensible subjective view on most things, which may or may not be the same as others on here.

We need to let those 650 idiots in the HoP (who we voted for!!) know that they cannot take us for granted. I do not condone violence in any way (for you Mikey1973!!) I've never gone on strike before (like those cheese-eating surrender monkey's south of the Channel) but just occasionally, you do have to think....... we NEED to do something! Quite what, exactly, I do not know.

Like you, I want this whole mess finalised; the way the country voted, OUT of the EU!

If that means NO DEAL, bring it on!

Grenade number 2 lobbed.....

"Mr NK;

Having read a lot of your posts on a variety of subjects, I'd like to think that you are an intelligent man with a sensible subjective view on most things, which may or may not be the same as others on here.

We need to let those 650 idiots in the HoP (who we voted for!!) know that they cannot take us for granted. I do not condone violence in any way (for you Mikey1973!!) I've never gone on strike before (like those cheese-eating surrender monkey's south of the Channel) but just occasionally, you do have to think....... we NEED to do something! Quite what, exactly, I do not know.

Like you, I want this whole mess finalised; the way the country voted, OUT of the EU!

Grenade number 2 lobbed..... "

I agree with much of what you say and my apologies if I took your words out of context. I did believe you were condoning violence.

No, please, mention her as much as you want, if it pleases you. Most of us don’t care - most of us are sick of her continually embarrassing us."

No I can't certain few take it to heart I'm not on here to upset people,

And I have been going over board with it,

So I'll try and not mention her at all anyways I'm taking a timeout that make a certain few happy

Just when are the people of this country going to stand up and say for gods sake stand down Mrs may you have failed us and please stop embarrassing our country and it's people

"Mr NK;

well said Mr John boy

Clearly some don't concentrate

No, please, mention her as much as you want, if it pleases you. Most of us don’t care - most of us are sick of her continually embarrassing us.No I can't certain few take it to heart I'm not on here to upset people,

And I have been going over board with it,

So I'll try and not mention her at all anyways I'm taking a timeout that make a certain few happy

Just when are the people of this country going to stand up and say for gods sake stand down ***Mrs may***you have failed us and please stop embarrassing our country and it's people "

LOLOL.

Mr NK;

Grenade number 2 lobbed.....

"Not being funny Danny but writing so many sentences about a woman you despise .. I have never see any name mentioned so many times in one post haha ... but it’s about Brexit not that one woman who seems to haunt you. "

To paraphrase the Bard "methinks the laddie doth protest to much" Wonder if he has a secret passion for Mrs May since he cannot stop mentioning her

"Mr NK;

I hear what you are saying loud and clear. The biggest problem is the MPs. Whether Mrs May's deal is good or not [at least it would take us out of the EU in ten days time] is irrelevant. The trouble is this gang of so-called lawmakers cannot agree on an alternative. Some wont accept anything short of a no deal. Some want a softer deal. Some are still hoping the whole thing will get overturned and we stay.Plus there are a good many who just criticise for the sake of it. It has become a farce and I just don't know how it will end.

Also. in truth, an awful lot of people don't really care one way or other. They could even be the majority. Of course we've had strikes and demonstrations in the past although perhaps never on the scale of our French 'friends'. People talk about possible civil unrest and the police and possible the army have been alerted. However I think people need to take stock of the situation and ask just how much Brexit will affect our lives. In truth not very much. For all that I still think we need to get out now before this unwieldy juggernaut--the EU--slowly but surely does start to affect our lives and it is too late to do anything about it.

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

The whole situation isn't helped by the fact that bercow has the most serious case of short man syndrome that i and many others, have had the misfortune to witness!

"[at least it would take us out of the EU in ten days time]""

Does it really it us out of eu fully out

It doesn't look that way, I know you will say different so let's leave it there

"Not being funny Danny but writing so many sentences about a woman you despise .. I have never see any name mentioned so many times in one post haha ... but it’s about Brexit not that one woman who seems to haunt you.

To paraphrase the Bard "methinks the laddie doth protest to much" Wonder if he has a secret passion for Mrs May since he cannot stop mentioning her "

oh shit my secret is out

No wonder certain few moan at me they see her as theirs

Sorry if I've stepped on anyones toes I'll back

XXX pic...
login to view
By *eronimo  (M) 4 weeks ago

The whole thing is a dog & pony show. We will never leave the EU.

By *illanihole  (M) 4 weeks ago

The whole thing has been nothing but 650 headless chickens running around , occasionally herded in the direction wanted but generally clucking flapping and leaving shit everywhere

"The whole thing has been nothing but 650 headless chickens running around , occasionally herded in the direction wanted but generally clucking flapping and leaving shit everywhere"

No body could have described this brexit bollocks better

"The whole thing has been nothing but 650 headless chickens running around , occasionally herded in the direction wanted but generally clucking flapping and leaving shit everywhere"

I would go much further and say it’s been a whole nation of many thousands of headless chickens clucking and flapping and talking shit and not one with any real idea of what’s going on.

XXX pic...
login to view

"The whole thing has been nothing but 650 headless chickens running around , occasionally herded in the direction wanted but generally clucking flapping and leaving shit everywhere

I would go much further and say it’s been a whole nation of many thousands of headless chickens clucking and flapping and talking shit and not one with any real idea of what’s going on."

Those city slickers make fortunes out of confusion; always look to who profits when you are deciding the guilty

Well its so obvious the government and parliament cant come to an agreement or even a comprise .

Stubborn mrs may is just going keep on plodding with her deal , no matter what , dont know how many mps have resigned over it off top of head ,most in good positions too .

Big percentage of them having one thing in common all saying not happy with deal and she (mrs may) Just doesn't listen .Why do these people say this if untrue ?

She drafted deal went straight to eu with it , why didn't she put it through house of commons first to vote on , then adjust where needed to , if needed which it obviously did .

Then go to eu we would have stronger hand in it all ,instead she as put power into eu hands , and there dont want us to leave so obviously play hard ball over it , we as the country could easily be holding all cards ,

If we as a country had got an deal that everyone was happy with, we could have gone to eu said its this deal or no deal , as they dont want a no deal exit either so it be up to except

But no our prime minister thats all out for herself and an team player holds her own mps to ransom over deal , her deal or no deal she said .

This deal i think means we keep in control of eu just that little bit , if true we are not truely leaving and thats not what was voted for

Ask yourself why did eu accept the deal so quick ?

Remember that they dont want to leave , dodgy deal , and all mps can see that ,reason why deal as failed vote twice but mrs stubborn won't listen . Probably striking a deal to suit eu more than us .

What needs to happen now our queen has to decide our fate

Who agrees ?

By *orum reader  (M) 4 weeks ago

"Well its so obvious the government and parliament cant come to an agreement or even a comprise .

Stubborn mrs may is just going keep on plodding with her deal , no matter what , dont know how many mps have resigned over it off top of head ,most in good positions too .

Big percentage of them having one thing in common all saying not happy with deal and she (mrs may) Just doesn't listen .Why do these people say this if untrue ?

She drafted deal went straight to eu with it , why didn't she put it through house of commons first to vote on , then adjust where needed to , if needed which it obviously did .

Then go to eu we would have stronger hand in it all ,instead she as put power into eu hands , and there dont want us to leave so obviously play hard ball over it , we as the country could easily be holding all cards ,

If we as a country had got an deal that everyone was happy with, we could have gone to eu said its this deal or no deal , as they dont want a no deal exit either so it be up to except

But no our prime minister thats all out for herself and an team player holds her own mps to ransom over deal , her deal or no deal she said .

This deal i think means we keep in control of eu just that little bit , if true we are not truely leaving and thats not what was voted for

Ask yourself why did eu accept the deal so quick ?

Remember that they dont want to leave , dodgy deal , and all mps can see that ,reason why deal as failed vote twice but mrs stubborn won't listen . Probably striking a deal to suit eu more than us .

What needs to happen now our queen has to decide our fate

Who agrees ?"

The Queen can not decide our fate

Mv3 will be bought to the house somehow next week ( by adding some sort of irrelevant codicil) where it will be voted on yet again and quite likely voted down if that happens the only way to stop " no deal" is to revoke article 50 and maybe try again at a later stage but I don't think we will be leaving the EU anytime soon

Dannyboy;

You're right......!

The proposed 'May, My Deal Only' more or less keeps us in the EU, (in reality but technically not on paper) probably STILL paying in millions of pounds a month, to a club that we are not part of, and the majority of people in this country do not want to be part of!!

If I was an MP, I'd be calling for a 'No Deal' - yes we would be in for a tough ride for a while; but within 18 months or so, this country would be back on the path to prosperity, saving loads of money at the save time, which can be spent on projects here. They H of C just need to say to the rest of Europe.... FUCK OFF! No-one really likes Britain, they just want us to keep topping up their money box.

On a separate note....I like to do a bit of home-baking; I googled a receipe for FUDGE; what came up?

A picture of the only Brexit Deal on the table!

So we be still be paying millions of our hard earned taxpayers money to eu, and not having a say in anything.

But we are not supposed to have money that was reasons given for all cuts by this

Goverment which has led to all sorts of problems that noone can denie

Mrs May's magic money tree strikes again

No wonder deal got accepted first time by eu

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ljcleeve   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

"So we be still be paying millions of our hard earned taxpayers money to eu, and not having a say in anything.

But we are not supposed to have money that was reasons given for all cuts by this

Goverment which has led to all sorts of problems that noone can denie

Mrs May's magic money tree strikes again

No wonder deal got accepted first time by eu "

What we need to do now is to put May and her team in prison (or a looney bin as they have consistently gone against all advice and votes simply to delay the issue and force her deal through). This will show our new intent to the EU so that we can broker a 2 year extension (as they said a week or so ago) in order to start again and get a decent deal through.

The prosecution of Paras for Bloody Sunday should mean an end to the Good Friday Agreement (fairs fair after all) and a hard border between 2 independent nations can go back up with certain dispensations for regular, local users.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 4 weeks ago

May's 'address' was one of the most toxic I have ever heard. She appears to be in total denial and is blaming everyone else for the fact that she negotiated a deal that is unpalatable to almost everyone. Her inability to listen and get people on side has been a major factor in exacerbating the current crisis and it is now time for her to go, though I know that is not an option.

By *aravaggio  (M) 4 weeks ago

I'm at a loss to understand why people cannot see that she's angling for an out but in position that can be so easily reversed at a later date …. why on earth do you think that its the only thing the EU has agreed to, so far? They don't want us to leave, so a half in half out plus regular donations of bunce, no voting rights so no trouble making British MEPs …. its the EU version of fuckin' heaven!! Basically, she's an opportunist politician, who has fucked up her legacy big time.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

Dear Prime Minister, if you are truly on my side as you claim, the U.K will leave the E.U next Friday, as you promised on Numerous occasions, you will not request an extension to Article 50, as you said you wouldn't more than once, and the following Monday (April 1st, so jokes aside) you will stand down as PM and allow someone with a bit more of a clue to handle the next stage without so many f**k ups, many thanks, disgruntled voter!

Very well put Mr Chris just wish she could get to read that.

Plus I remember her promises

How can anyone trust anyone that promises one thing and does completely different things

Even if you love them

"May's 'address' was one of the most toxic I have ever heard. She appears to be in total denial and is blaming everyone else for the fact that she negotiated a deal that is unpalatable to almost everyone. Her inability to listen and get people on side has been a major factor in exacerbating the current crisis and it is now time for her to go, though I know that is not an option."

So what is the answer? As much negativity on here as there is in the HOC. I can understand her frustration and what she said was absolutely true. Whether she should have said it is another matter as I will probably alienate the boneheaded MPs who are to blame. They wont back her deal and they wont or cannot come up with a sensible alternative.

The EU Commission [these are the people who deserve to be sacked or imprisoned] repeatedly say that there is no room for further negotiations. I'm sure they would if it was for an even softer Brexit as proposed by Corbyn and others. We cannot trust the EU at all. This false reluctance over extending the deadline suggests 'strings attached' so any ideas of cancelling Brexit, either unilaterally or via another referendum, would be a very dangerous move.

Even if Bercow allows a 3rd vote next week I doubt it will succeed because of the sheer bloody-mindedness of some MPs. I've always been dead against a no deal Brexit but now I would rather that than this constant wrangling.

"I'm at a loss to understand why people cannot see that she's angling for an out but in position that can be so easily reversed at a later date …. why on earth do you think that its the only thing the EU has agreed to, so far? They don't want us to leave, so a half in half out plus regular donations of bunce, no voting rights so no trouble making British MEPs …. its the EU version of fuckin' heaven!! Basically, she's an opportunist politician, who has fucked up her legacy big time.

"

you have hit bullseye there mr c

"So what is the answer? As much negativity on here as there is in the HOC. I can understand her frustration and what she said was absolutely true. Whether she should have said it is another matter as I will probably alienate the boneheaded MPs who are to blame. They wont back her deal and they wont or cannot come up with a sensible alternative.

The EU Commission [these are the people who deserve to be sacked or imprisoned] repeatedly say that there is no room for further negotiations. I'm sure they would if it was for an even softer Brexit as proposed by Corbyn and others. We cannot trust the EU at all. This false reluctance over extending the deadline suggests 'strings attached' so any ideas of cancelling Brexit, either unilaterally or via another referendum, would be a very dangerous move.

Even if Bercow allows a 3rd vote next week I doubt it will succeed because of the sheer bloody-mindedness of some MPs. I've always been dead against a no deal Brexit but now I would rather that than this constant wrangling."

may just can't do no wrong through your eyes

Yes mps are to blame for some of this crisis

But why should they agree to a deal that they think is wrong for the country.

A deal that means we don't fully leave

She was told that this deal wasn't good enough almost a year ago yet she just doesn't listen.

Maybe these mps that you are blaming are thinking of the people of this country for once

Only because there is only one deal on the table doesn't mean it a good deal.

If this so called deal was so good it would obviously have gone through first time of asking not getting refused for a second or even third time

Who drafted this deal in first place Mrs may so you are not going to like this

She shoulders the biggest percent of the blame and no passing the book either

She has seriously let this country down

"Whether she should have said it is another matter as I will probably alienate the boneheaded MPs who are to blame."

If we are looking for people to whom the adjective 'boneheaded' applies, May must surely be at the top of the list. It is May who has left us with very few options due to her approach - she has rejected a cross-party approach from the outset and ploughed her own furrow. She seems to have no capacity for reflection - if she had stopped and listened for just one moment she would fully understand why MPs are anti her dud deal. She is either very stupid (which I don't really believe) or a megalomaniac. In any event, she will surely go down as one of the worst PMs ever. I was starting to have a grudging admiration for her late last year but that has all disappeared.

So predictable of you Danny. It's getting to the point where is is just not worth posting anything on here because it doesn't get read, I get accused of the most ridiculous things and nine times out of ten by those who are clueless.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

Id say leave next Friday as planned with no deal on WTO, as far as i am aware there are trade deals being looked into and agreed in principle, i also believe that while the fear is losing trade with other EU member countries it has to be considered that they are also losing trade with us, is it worth considering that before too long these countries will be thinking bugger the EU we had a good thing going wth the UK we may be able to get a better cut dealing with them direct, which again could possibly be one of the reasons the EU are scared of us leaving and want to spoil it, despite what some MP's who support May's deal claim her deal i suggest is not what the voters had in mind when ticking the leave box, leave must mean leave next friday if the Government do not carry out the wishes of the majority then the Government have failed, reguardless of loyalties i feel it would be difficult to deny that.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ebelmeltwo   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

Yes im all for leaving without a deal think we will be better that way than still beind ruled by eu through pm deal will see our country go further down

By *awtyCawty  (M) 4 weeks ago

Well apparently the Corbynator walked out of a cross party meeting because some of the newly independent MPs would be there. It just proves what a childish narrow-minded selfish fuckwit this ‘man’ is, unfit to govern doesn’t even come close.

"So predictable of you Danny. It's getting to the point where is is just not worth posting anything on here because it doesn't get read, I get accused of the most ridiculous things and nine times out of ten by those who are clueless."

it's not at all you keep on blaming everyone but her. And then take it out on me just me when others are saying same thing

Everyone is not happy with her deal

It's her deal that is holding everything up

And like I've said people don't have to accept it just because it's only one on table.

Who drafted this deal Mrs thersea may

So it's her fault that's my opinion. Your opinion is different which you are entitled to, which I'm entitled to aswell

But answer me two questions please

Who drafted the deal?

What is most of parliament been against from day one?

I'm not going to get into any silly arguments so I'm off myself but will pop back on to see if questions are answered

But read through threads and others havesaid same as mmyself but one difference I get took. To task over it noone else doesn't.

I'll make certain few happy and not use forum no more

Wish everyone the very best

Danny

P.s that goes to my haters too

"So what is the answer? As much negativity on here as there is in the HOC. I can understand her frustration and what she said was absolutely true. Whether she should have said it is another matter as I will probably alienate the boneheaded MPs who are to blame. They wont back her deal and they wont or cannot come up with a sensible alternative.

Even if Bercow allows a 3rd vote next week I doubt it will succeed because of the sheer bloody-mindedness of some MPs. I've always been dead against a no deal Brexit but now I would rather that than this constant wrangling."

The answer Mr NK, is to leave immediately, then enact trade deals, and wait for EU countries to come to us. That has always been the only true leave option. There was never any way that the EU would give us a favourable deal, all the while we were within their grasp. By the same token, this half arsed, halfway leave agreement, was never going to happen. There is a part of me that hopes that our elected leaders are not as pig thick as they appear to be, and that everything has been a charade to wind down the clock, however, I think I'm hoping against hope.

I feel much the same. I voted for Brexit but never thought we would be in this position due to, as you say, the sheer bloody mindedness of MPs.

The sensible way to leave was with a deal that was fair to the EU and to the UK and I believe this was achievable right from the start. The PM said Brexit means Brexit and if the country had got behind her and shown our strengths it would have worried the EU and made a deal much easier. Anyone watching the soppy lot in parliament and in opposition falling over themselves with no thought for the country just themselves.

Any leader has a duty to ensure fairness ans satisfaction withing the entire population whichever way the individuals voted. The leader must look to the future and try the path which is best for the country. A country supporting those aims would have ensured a more reasonable deal on the table and we would be marching forward as one on the 29th waving goodbye. I can't see that any PM could have done more and even as someone who has never supported the Tories I do admire Mrs May.

It has come to the point now where we have made ourselves look so stupid and weakened our case beyong belief and the only way now is leave with no deal.

I feel much the same. I voted for Brexit but never thought we would be in this position due to, as you say, the sheer bloody mindedness of MPs.

The sensible way to leave was with a deal that was fair to the EU and to the UK and I believe this was achievable right from the start. The PM said Brexit means Brexit and if the country had got behind her and shown our strengths it would have worried the EU and made a deal much easier. Anyone watching the soppy lot in parliament and in opposition falling over themselves with no thought for the country just themselves.

Any leader has a duty to ensure fairness ans satisfaction withing the entire population whichever way the individuals voted. The leader must look to the future and try the path which is best for the country. A country supporting those aims would have ensured a more reasonable deal on the table and we would be marching forward as one on the 29th waving goodbye. I can't see that any PM could have done more and even as someone who has never supported the Tories I do admire Mrs May.

It has come to the point now where we have made ourselves look so stupid and weakened our case beyong belief and the only way now is leave with no deal.

At least we have some more rational comment from Mr C and Mikey. Most deals, whether buying a car, a house or leaving an unpleasant institution like the EU, are compromises. Mrs May's deal [Oh I can imagine her haters BPs going through the roof just because I dared mention her] is very much a compromise, a smooth way of leaving but far from perfect. The MPs have rejected it for a myriad of reasons from the extreme Brexiteers to the extreme remainers and the bloody minded opposition parties who just want t bring the government down at all costs. I was always against a no deal Brexit but I am certainly warming to the idea now. It would be a leap in the dark and fraught with uncertainty but it may be the only answer. And if it does happen the blame will lay entirely at the door of the EU Commission for refusing to negotiate further and the HOC for not getting their act together.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

I think to properly understand the situation you have to take a step back and try and remove the party prejudices.

Both major political parties have struggled with Europe ever since we joined. The Tories have been openly divided but labour generally has kept its divisions internal especially whilst the major European thrust was left of centre and labour oriented.

Cameron sensed some disquiet and toured Europe looking for reforms. They weren't minded to listen and with the benefit of hindsight I think that was the moment that solidified anti-European sentiment and made leave inevitable.

Cameron took a gamble on offering a vote expecting to be in coalition with the liberals and for them to veto it. Unexpectedly he won a majority and had to honour the election manifesto. He lost against all predictions and the government and opposition were totally unprepared. It didn't matter that the opposition were unprepared because they weren't in power.

When May became PM the various positions were irreconcilable. Labour wanted to stay in the single market and customs union, libs wanted to stay in Europe, Mrs May at that point became the only driving force to leave. The country was divided and an approach was devised that was half-in half-out in order to get to the next stage of defining the future trading relationship. There was never a chance that a cross-party approach could be devised as the views were so disparate and entrenched, just as they are now with no party wanting to compromise.

Negotiations commenced to see how far the EU would give ground until they said no further. Whether you admire Mrs May or not it is a matter of public record that they often took positions that were unmoveable and then were compelled to move, especially on fishing and security. The British Government team has not given way on any of the red lines much to the EU's annoyance.

Throughout the process the role of all the opposition parties has been to openly hinder and weaken the Government's negotiating position.

It was a mistake to label this as Mrs May's deal. It was done at a time that she was personally seen to be a popular asset, much more so than the party as a whole and that has proven to be a problem. Last night's address was in response to some very strong polling that she remains popular with the public whilst her party and all others have plummeted in public esteem. MP's of all colours and the press really don't like any of this and become louder and more vitriolic as the vice that she has designed tightens around them. It's a huge gamble that she is making but it might pay off. It's predicated on a number of things:

1. This is not really her deal it is the deal offered by the EU on the best terms they can muster. They won't go any further not because they can't economically but because they can't politically especially coming up to the elections. Any MP who thinks negotiations can be reopened prior to the electoral cycle being completed is just fooling themselves. This really is the only deal on the table.

2. There isn't a majority for anything either in the HOC or in the country and there won't be any time soon.

3. The real negotiations on trade can't start until there's a deal and that's where the big prize lies not in the withdrawal deal.

4. Mrs May is being portrayed as a zombie PM at the mo. The options open to her are leave under a cloud or try for glory and have at least a chance of being remembered as the PM who against incredible odds took us on the first steps out of Europe. She's nothing to lose by battling on and everything to gain.

I don't believe Mrs May is the sole architect of this situation. The EU determined the bullying process of agreeing the withdrawal agreement first which has proven to be tortuous and the opposition parties have worked day and night to scupper every step forward and tie one hand behind the Government's back.

It's time to agree the deal, get out and move on.

"At least we have some more rational comment from Mr C and Mikey. Most deals, whether buying a car, a house or leaving an unpleasant institution like the EU, are compromises. Mrs May's deal [Oh I can imagine her haters BPs going through the roof just because I dared mention her] is very much a compromise, a smooth way of leaving but far from perfect. The MPs have rejected it for a myriad of reasons from the extreme Brexiteers to the extreme remainers and the bloody minded opposition parties who just want t bring the government down at all costs. I was always against a no deal Brexit but I am certainly warming to the idea now. It would be a leap in the dark and fraught with uncertainty but it may be the only answer. And if it does happen the blame will lay entirely at the door of the EU Commission for refusing to negotiate further and the HOC for not getting their act together."

I disagree with your conclusion. The blame lies entirely with May and her negotiating team for striking a poor deal and continuing to re-present it time and time again. I also think that her appalling address last night has increased the chances of her deal being rejected again at MV3, possibly by an even greater margin.

"At least we have some more rational comment from Mr C and Mikey. Most deals, whether buying a car, a house or leaving an unpleasant institution like the EU, are compromises. Mrs May's deal [Oh I can imagine her haters BPs going through the roof just because I dared mention her] is very much a compromise, a smooth way of leaving but far from perfect. The MPs have rejected it for a myriad of reasons from the extreme Brexiteers to the extreme remainers and the bloody minded opposition parties who just want t bring the government down at all costs. I was always against a no deal Brexit but I am certainly warming to the idea now. It would be a leap in the dark and fraught with uncertainty but it may be the only answer. And if it does happen the blame will lay entirely at the door of the EU Commission for refusing to negotiate further and the HOC for not getting their act together.

I disagree with your conclusion. The blame lies entirely with May and her negotiating team for striking a poor deal and continuing to re-present it time and time again. I also think that her appalling address last night has increased the chances of her deal being rejected again at MV3, possibly by an even greater margin."

I agree with the above ….. we went about things in completely the wrong fashion from the very off. We handed the initiative to the EU at the outset, and they weren't so daft as to hand it back.

"At least we have some more rational comment from Mr C and Mikey. Most deals, whether buying a car, a house or leaving an unpleasant institution like the EU, are compromises. Mrs May's deal [Oh I can imagine her haters BPs going through the roof just because I dared mention her] is very much a compromise, a smooth way of leaving but far from perfect. The MPs have rejected it for a myriad of reasons from the extreme Brexiteers to the extreme remainers and the bloody minded opposition parties who just want t bring the government down at all costs. I was always against a no deal Brexit but I am certainly warming to the idea now. It would be a leap in the dark and fraught with uncertainty but it may be the only answer. And if it does happen the blame will lay entirely at the door of the EU Commission for refusing to negotiate further and the HOC for not getting their act together.

I disagree with your conclusion. The blame lies entirely with May and her negotiating team for striking a poor deal and continuing to re-present it time and time again. I also think that her appalling address last night has increased the chances of her deal being rejected again at MV3, possibly by an even greater margin."

Well you would. It's a far from perfect deal and it is very easy to criticise especially if you are prejudiced against her in the first place. The trouble is this deal is very much the EU's deal as they either don't want us to leave or are determined to make us regret leaving. They know that if we leave successfully and prosper it could be the beginning of the end of their little empire. The odds were never going to be fair with one against 27. I doubt anyone in her party would have done better and got it through parliament. Certainly the opposition wouldn't do any better as they want a much softer Brexit i.e. an in name only Brexit.

Her speech was inflammatory and perhaps a little unwise. It was a speech of frustration and that is probably something the country is feeling at the moment. There is no consensus for anything in this parliament at the moment.

"" well you would. It's a far from perfect deal and it is very easy to criticise especially if you are prejudiced against her in the first place. ""

So are the mps in her own very party prejudiced against her as they criticise this deal.

Why else has it not got through.

They has only been one person that's been in charge of this deal on this side of pond,

It's a bad deal so blame only lays with that person

But no our MP,s have to bow down and go against they knowledge of it being the wrong deal

That just doesn't make sense that the mp is the ones to blame

"I think to properly understand the situation you have to take a step back and try and remove the party prejudices.

Both major political parties have struggled with Europe ever since we joined. The Tories have been openly divided but labour generally has kept its divisions internal especially whilst the major European thrust was left of centre and labour oriented.

Cameron sensed some disquiet and toured Europe looking for reforms. They weren't minded to listen and with the benefit of hindsight I think that was the moment that solidified anti-European sentiment and made leave inevitable.

Cameron took a gamble on offering a vote expecting to be in coalition with the liberals and for them to veto it. Unexpectedly he won a majority and had to honour the election manifesto. He lost against all predictions and the government and opposition were totally unprepared. It didn't matter that the opposition were unprepared because they weren't in power.

When May became PM the various positions were irreconcilable. Labour wanted to stay in the single market and customs union, libs wanted to stay in Europe, Mrs May at that point became the only driving force to leave. The country was divided and an approach was devised that was half-in half-out in order to get to the next stage of defining the future trading relationship. There was never a chance that a cross-party approach could be devised as the views were so disparate and entrenched, just as they are now with no party wanting to compromise.

Negotiations commenced to see how far the EU would give ground until they said no further. Whether you admire Mrs May or not it is a matter of public record that they often took positions that were unmoveable and then were compelled to move, especially on fishing and security. The British Government team has not given way on any of the red lines much to the EU's annoyance.

Throughout the process the role of all the opposition parties has been to openly hinder and weaken the Government's negotiating position.

It was a mistake to label this as Mrs May's deal. It was done at a time that she was personally seen to be a popular asset, much more so than the party as a whole and that has proven to be a problem. Last night's address was in response to some very strong polling that she remains popular with the public whilst her party and all others have plummeted in public esteem. MP's of all colours and the press really don't like any of this and become louder and more vitriolic as the vice that she has designed tightens around them. It's a huge gamble that she is making but it might pay off. It's predicated on a number of things:

1. This is not really her deal it is the deal offered by the EU on the best terms they can muster. They won't go any further not because they can't economically but because they can't politically especially coming up to the elections. Any MP who thinks negotiations can be reopened prior to the electoral cycle being completed is just fooling themselves. This really is the only deal on the table.

2. There isn't a majority for anything either in the HOC or in the country and there won't be any time soon.

3. The real negotiations on trade can't start until there's a deal and that's where the big prize lies not in the withdrawal deal.

4. Mrs May is being portrayed as a zombie PM at the mo. The options open to her are leave under a cloud or try for glory and have at least a chance of being remembered as the PM who against incredible odds took us on the first steps out of Europe. She's nothing to lose by battling on and everything to gain.

I don't believe Mrs May is the sole architect of this situation. The EU determined the bullying process of agreeing the withdrawal agreement first which has proven to be tortuous and the opposition parties have worked day and night to scupper every step forward and tie one hand behind the Government's back.

It's time to agree the deal, get out and move on.

"

Another well written and thoughtful post sir!!!

XXX pic...
login to view

"If the 17.5 million people that voted OUT still feel that way, I certainly do - even MORE SO now - we must rise up and rebel against a 2 year delay, which looks possible / likely.

Since June 2016, we've been well & truly FUCKED by this bloody useless government & parliament; I'm a traditional Tory voter, although did not go that way the last couple of elections.... my constituency is SO red, there was no point; UKIP got it.

The only reason Mrs May is still there is because the opposition is SO bloody weak, and no-one wants Commy Corbyn & Mad-dog MacDonnell anywhere near No:10 !

RISE UP PEOPLE !!!!!

We need to make this wonderful country of ours GREAT again; we don't need Europe, they need us, we just need to make sure that they are aware of that!

Having lobbed that grenade into the open, I'm diving for cover !! Lol"

I can't possibly imagine which way you voted.

I disagree with your conclusion. The blame lies entirely with May and her negotiating team for striking a poor deal and continuing to re-present it time and time again. I also think that her appalling address last night has increased the chances of her deal being rejected again at MV3, possibly by an even greater margin.

Well you would. It's a far from perfect deal and it is very easy to criticise especially if you are prejudiced against her in the first place. The trouble is this deal is very much the EU's deal as they either don't want us to leave or are determined to make us regret leaving. They know that if we leave successfully and prosper it could be the beginning of the end of their little empire. The odds were never going to be fair with one against 27. I doubt anyone in her party would have done better and got it through parliament. Certainly the opposition wouldn't do any better as they want a much softer Brexit i.e. an in name only Brexit.

Her speech was inflammatory and perhaps a little unwise. It was a speech of frustration and that is probably something the country is feeling at the moment. There is no consensus for anything in this parliament at the moment."

So you seem to agree with her that everyone is to blame other than May and her team who negotiated the deal? I was not prejudiced against her 'in the first place' - about three months ago I was giving her credit and saying she should be given a chance. She has had her chance and well and truly blown it so has lost my respect and lost the confidence of vast swathes of people other than her faithful band of supporters who would continue to support her even if she said today is Friday.

"If the 17.5 million people that voted OUT still feel that way, I certainly do - even MORE SO now - we must rise up and rebel against a 2 year delay, which looks possible / likely.

RISE UP PEOPLE !!!!!

Having lobbed that grenade into the open, I'm diving for cover !! Lol

I can't possibly imagine which way you voted."

I think it's the same with many online posts as so many voted one way but with different ideas about how it would all work.

Now it's a country of hotch-potch! Nobodys fault in particular just what has happened.

XXX pic...
login to view

I think people support her position rather than her although they have some compassion for her. They didn't unseat her when they had the chance because no-one else has any credible alternative.

The unfortunate reality is that there is only one deal on offer from the EU unless we backtrack on the ECJ, freedom of movement, and customs union.

The backstop is a customs union by any other name and that is exactly what labour are calling for except they want it to be uk wide. Some MPs are admitting they have not read the deal in full, they are just against it from what they read in the press and what other groups have said.

I've read every page and frankly I believe it's a good starting point for a trade deal and the concessions obtained from the EU on fishing rights are nothing short of remarkable! The French are itching to renegotiate those and leaving with the deal would prevent that.

Once negotiations had concluded there was nowhere else to go and Mrs May has been consistent, the deal, no deal or no Brexit.

Anything else is just fantasy at this stage and all those who believe that she could offer anything better are mistaken. As the reality sets in the bleating and complaining just gets louder but it doesn't mean it's right.

I don't believe for a second that any cross-party muddle could have negotiated anything better given the starting point.

We are bitterly divided and that has been the problem all along and will be in the next phase if we ever get to it!

Yes, the Tories are divided and that is a problem but nothing that the rest of the House couldn't solve if it was united for anything. Sadly they just want to bicker and complain.

There's a solution to all this as it's all eus fault apparently our leader as nothing to do with this process at all,

The deal was apparently drafted by may, but she being weak let them change to suit them.

Mps are very much at fault fir not accepting an deal that they think is wrong

Mps should have voted for this deal first time of asking and forget the people that they work for, because the ladyship should be honoured no matter what as she is the perfect one after all.

This deal was known for months now and this is the part where the perfect one has let people down

As she may have been bullied into this deal as some say, but she as known for months that her own very party most didn't like that deal.

She could have gone back and said we are not happy with this part and that part so if these don't get changed its a no deal.

Leave ball in their court as they don't want a no deal as much as we do, but what has she done instead of holding them to ransom saying my deal or no Deal she come back and held her own very country to ransom

Who is she supposed to be working for us or them?

As it seems for them

She is an intelligent woman so she knows how to talk to public and have wool pulled over people's eyes etc etc.

Yes it is too late to do anything about the deal now, but could have eight months ago.

But what did our precious leader do just kept saying it's this deal or no Deal not even trying to change anything.

Just went to Brussels for friendly drinks and tell them it will get through eventually, and my mps will be ones that look the fools.

That's got to be reason why she let clock runout but yet no blame can be pointed her way

Say again mps have to vote for an deal that they feel is wrong for the people of this country

No as long as her ladyship and her fanclub are happy fuck everyone else in country

"I think people support her position rather than her although they have some compassion for her. They didn't unseat her when they had the chance because no-one else has any credible alternative.

The unfortunate reality is that there is only one deal on offer from the EU unless we backtrack on the ECJ, freedom of movement, and customs union.

The backstop is a customs union by any other name and that is exactly what labour are calling for except they want it to be uk wide. Some MPs are admitting they have not read the deal in full, they are just against it from what they read in the press and what other groups have said.

I've read every page and frankly I believe it's a good starting point for a trade deal and the concessions obtained from the EU on fishing rights are nothing short of remarkable! The French are itching to renegotiate those and leaving with the deal would prevent that.

Once negotiations had concluded there was nowhere else to go and Mrs May has been consistent, the deal, no deal or no Brexit.

Anything else is just fantasy at this stage and all those who believe that she could offer anything better are mistaken. As the reality sets in the bleating and complaining just gets louder but it doesn't mean it's right.

I don't believe for a second that any cross-party muddle could have negotiated anything better given the starting point.

We are bitterly divided and that has been the problem all along and will be in the next phase if we ever get to it!

Yes, the Tories are divided and that is a problem but nothing that the rest of the House couldn't solve if it was united for anything. Sadly they just want to bicker and complain.

"

You certainly have some decent knowledge of the situation. I hate the posts which really say nothing.

The solution is just fuckin leave without a deal next week at least we be out we will have a rough time at first but we be better off for it

XXX pic...
login to view

"The solution is just fuckin leave without a deal next week at least we be out we will have a rough time at first but we be better off for it "

Well said Danny.

It's like taking a sticking plaster off - do you do it one hair at a time, or just rip the bloody thing off and take the hit. It'll sting for a wee while

"I think people support her position rather than her although they have some compassion for her. They didn't unseat her when they had the chance because no-one else has any credible alternative.

You certainly have some decent knowledge of the situation. I hate the posts which really say nothing."

No you just hate posts that highlights our precious leaders mistakes AND SHE HAS MADE AFEW everyone has

"The solution is just fuckin leave without a deal next week at least we be out we will have a rough time at first but we be better off for it

Well said Danny.

It's like taking a sticking plaster off - do you do it one hair at a time, or just rip the bloody thing off and take the hit. It'll sting for a wee while "

By *orfolkslut  (M) 4 weeks ago

We voted to leave,end of,MP's want to over turn the vote because they want to stay in,you can go on and on about this.

"No you just hate posts that highlights our precious leaders mistakes AND SHE HAS MADE AFEW everyone has"

What a silly thing to say. I don't object to anyone not approving of Mrs May. I have never known a single leader.. ever .. who has not been open to criticism and when a leader (or any MP) is not behaving as they should then we should definitely pull them up on it.

I tend not to bother reading your particular criticisms as they have said the same thing repeatedly for about a year now but that doesn't mean I object you posting them.

However after reading so many repetitious, ill-informed and boring posts (from all over the internet - both for and against) on the subject of Brexit i'm sure, like many others, I appreciate the occasional contribution from a poster who actually has something to say.

But each to their own!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view

Brexit, now there's a word I haven't heard for such a long time - whatever became of it?

"

A sensible post. I've also made the effort to read the deal. It took some digesting but it is very comprehensive and has many good points and covers most of the reasons why sensible people voted to leave the EU. Perhaps it wont appeal to the xenophobes, the Little Britainers and those with rose tinted memories of the good old days before we joined the EEC. It may not be perfect but that was never going to happen with a hostile EU Commission hell-bent on making our departure as difficult as possible.

EU will only delay article 50 until May 22nd, the day before EU elections, on condition May's deal is approved by Parliament, Looks asthough we may be a step closer to no deal.

Cheshire baldie;

I voted 'Remain', of course! N O T !!!

Voted OUT, would do so again without a further thought. I'd be happy with a No Deal rather than what is on the table (for reasons I've already said in the past) yes we would have a tough year or so if that happens, but then being the type of people we are - fighting thru'adversity and succeeding - the country would be far better off in the long run. When we joind in 1973, it was a 'Common Market' which I'd be happy to be part of again, but the EU is a political United States of Europe, which is NOT what I want, and the majority of the country that bothered to vote on June 23rd nearly 3 years ago!

By *poty   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

Is it True that Mrs May is Comeing Out.? If she does ,shell get my vote.

I've just picked my young one up from an party

In which she was involved in an little argument. One child say say hit them,

But mine saying the other hit her first to which other one agreeing stating that mine wouldn't let her play

All this reminded me of a certain person our ladyship Mrs may

Throwing toys out of pram blaming mps for everything lol

I've just picked my young one up from an party

In which she was involved in an little argument. One child say say hit them,

But mine saying the other hit her first to which other one agreeing stating that mine wouldn't let her play

All this reminded me of a certain person our ladyship Mrs may

Throwing toys out of pram blaming mps for everything lol

XXX pic...
login to view

Thanks for the kind comments fellow posters, if I post I do try to add something to the pot rather than just bicker!

I think we just have to accept that our fellow poster Danny has set himself up as a moderator who will not allow any positive mention of Mrs May lol. I do fear for his blood pressure but providing he stays within the forum rules he's entitled to his own opinion even if he just endlessly repeats it!

Given that the EU has taken a position that they wish to make the granting of a shorter extension conditional on the deal being voted through, I'm not sure if MPs will feel the EU are attempting to influence the decision too much.

Macron seemed to indicate in his press comment in English that if the deal fell next week the only option would be no-deal. Conflictingly, his comment in the briefing for the French press didn't have that inflection at all. He speaks very good English so you wonder if he has one message for the UK and one for his domestic audience and he's positioning not to be blamed for no-deal.

Project yellowhammer (the no deal contingency team) is supposed to kick in on Monday in earnest, and the EU 27 have just approved a big increase in the resources available for no-deal.

The date of 22nd of May is a bit of a red herring. If the UK is a member state on April 18 then there are procedural deadlines for submissions to meet for the European elections.

There are lots of little deals covering air traffic and lots of other stuff so contingency planning is happening all the time in the background.

The press are really playing up the reaction to the message last night and that MPs are upset by it. Anyone on here who has ever met a career politician will realise they don't care a button their hides are thicker than a Rhino!

Should be an interesting evening!

I would like to apologise to all of Mrs thersea may followers for way I post negative things on our beloved leader

As I didn't realise that she was being bullied.

Bullied into eu deal with no chance of change to suit us Britain as eu are scared that they money tree is getting taken away

And yes our mps should hang their headsin shame iinstead of backing Mrs may they attacked shameful.

Now it looks like it is her to blame

""No you just hate posts that highlights our precious leaders mistakes AND SHE HAS MADE AFEW everyone has"

What a silly thing to say. I don't object to anyone not approving of Mrs May. I have never known a single leader.. ever .. who has not been open to criticism and when a leader (or any MP) is not behaving as they should then we should definitely pull them up on it.

I tend not to bother reading your particular criticisms as they have said the same thing repeatedly for about a year now but that doesn't mean I object you posting them.

However after reading so many repetitious, ill-informed and boring posts (from all over the internet - both for and against) on the subject of Brexit i'm sure, like many others, I appreciate the occasional contribution from a poster who actually has something to say.

But each to their own!!!!"

to say you have only been on this site five months

Funny how you know what people was posting a year ago.

XXX pic...
login to view

"!to say you have only been on this site five months

Funny how you know what people was posting a year ago.

"

Danny, the politics forum posts from November 2017 are available for anyone to read if they wish to irrespective of the date they joined

"I think we just have to accept that our fellow poster Danny has set himself up as a moderator who will not allow any positive mention of Mrs May lol"

What a shame that the bullying of some time ago has returned. You are mistaken in calling Danny a self-appointed moderator - that title must surely go to the person who calls people who disagree with his views 'clueless' and congratulates those who agree with him for being 'sensible'. Fair's fair and I haven't noticed Danny denigrating other users in that way. He does criticise May but others criticise Corbyn just as much. He has a right to his opinions as much as anyone else. I don't necessarily share his views but dislike bullying in any form.

XXX pic...
login to view

""I think we just have to accept that our fellow poster Danny has set himself up as a moderator who will not allow any positive mention of Mrs May lol"

What a shame that the bullying of some time ago has returned. You are mistaken in calling Danny a self-appointed moderator - that title must surely go to the person who calls people who disagree with his views 'clueless' and congratulates those who agree with him for being 'sensible'. Fair's fair and I haven't noticed Danny denigrating other users in that way. He does criticise May but others criticise Corbyn just as much. He has a right to his opinions as much as anyone else. I don't necessarily share his views but dislike bullying in any form."

I think you are misleading others on a number of counts.

To interpret my comment as bullying is stretching things to the extreme, but you're entitled to your view.

I have been reading these forums for years and I haven't perceived any contributor who has repetitively or voluminously denigrated and insulted Mr Corbyn.

I have never called anyone clueless and I think you'll be hard pressed to find any insult to other posters in any of my posts.

No doubt the mods will take it up if they agree with you but I most certainly disagree and I am offended by your post.

I've set myself up as an moderator

That give a big laugh thanks very much

I don't Denigrate anyone as I'm far from perfect so I won't attempt to belittle no one else

""I think we just have to accept that our fellow poster Danny has set himself up as a moderator who will not allow any positive mention of Mrs May lol"

What a shame that the bullying of some time ago has returned. You are mistaken in calling Danny a self-appointed moderator - that title must surely go to the person who calls people who disagree with his views 'clueless' and congratulates those who agree with him for being 'sensible'. Fair's fair and I haven't noticed Danny denigrating other users in that way. He does criticise May but others criticise Corbyn just as much. He has a right to his opinions as much as anyone else. I don't necessarily share his views but dislike bullying in any form.

I think you are misleading others on a number of counts.

To interpret my comment as bullying is stretching things to the extreme, but you're entitled to your view.

I have been reading these forums for years and I haven't perceived any contributor who has repetitively or voluminously denigrated and insulted Mr Corbyn.

I have never called anyone clueless and I think you'll be hard pressed to find any insult to other posters in any of my posts.

No doubt the mods will take it up if they agree with you but I most certainly disagree and I am offended by your post."

I was not referring to you as the person who insults others and calls them clueless - I will not cite names but you can see who that is if you look back at previous posts on this thread. There have been many threads and posts criticising Corbyn so you must have missed them.

There is a bit of pots calling kettles black on here now.

XXX pic...
login to view

"There is a bit of pots calling kettles black on here now."

Good job we're not sensitive little flowers then lol

*urgea By *urgea  (M) 4 weeks ago

The messages on here seem more re the posters than the topic!. As for a deal,the 27 are now voicing their concern re the effect on them. Macron trying to become supreme leader but Merkel realises no deal bad for Germany,already in recession.Italy is bust, France is bust, only Holland seems to be functioning well but Rotterdam getting uneasy re no deal. Plus loads of back stabbers in the UK, in both parties, Labour especially,using the situation for THEIR commie aims. Notice every time ANY Labour MP speaks re Brexit, they refer to a Gen. Election, THAT is their real aim and God 'elp this country if they get in. More bankruptcy and Russia calling the shots.

"The messages on here seem more re the posters than the topic!. As for a deal,the 27 are now voicing their concern re the effect on them. Macron trying to become supreme leader but Merkel realises no deal bad for Germany,already in recession.Italy is bust, France is bust, only Holland seems to be functioning well but Rotterdam getting uneasy re no deal. Plus loads of back stabbers in the UK, in both parties, Labour especially,using the situation for THEIR commie aims. Notice every time ANY Labour MP speaks re Brexit, they refer to a Gen. Election, THAT is their real aim and God 'elp this country if they get in. More bankruptcy and Russia calling the shots. "

yes all are worried about a no deal

This where you would have expected our leader to be strong enough to. Say make the changes to deal so I can get it through our Parliament or its no deal.

But no she insists on holding her own to ransom over the deal eu obviously put together

"The messages on here seem more re the posters than the topic!. As for a deal,the 27 are now voicing their concern re the effect on them. Macron trying to become supreme leader but Merkel realises no deal bad for Germany,already in recession.Italy is bust, France is bust, only Holland seems to be functioning well but Rotterdam getting uneasy re no deal. Plus loads of back stabbers in the UK, in both parties, Labour especially,using the situation for THEIR commie aims. Notice every time ANY Labour MP speaks re Brexit, they refer to a Gen. Election, THAT is their real aim and God 'elp this country if they get in. More bankruptcy and Russia calling the shots. "

Yes it all gets a bit personal both on the forum and regarding politicians which deflects completely from the subject.

The EU offered us a deal. We turned it down but carried on negotiating. Now we have a deal from the EU which many find acceptable but many do not. Nobody can change the deal so it’s either accept or go for no deal. It seems out PM is the only person working hard to sort this although I’m sure many politicians ( not the high profile ones ) are doing the best they can.

Most of the loud voices are either on social media or trying to stop traffic on our motorways which sums it all up in many ways.

It seems that most business leaders favour the current deal. A lot of its opponents seem to either be remainers or jingo-istic 'patriots' with a rose tinted vision of how great this country was and a bit of xenophobia thrown in for good measure.

Very easy to criticise but where and what is the alternative except for either staying in/begging to be taken back into the EU or crashing out with a no deal and hoping for the best. The EU Commission are adamant they wont give anymore concessions although they would be, no doubt, happy if we caved in and wanted a softer Brexit.

*urgea By *urgea  (M) 4 weeks ago

The fact is they need us more than we need them, especially as the E U is not only falling apart financially but have plans most would not like, E U Army ( who would run it,what language, imagine German boots stomping over Poland again! ),uniform tax rates, same corporation tax, , Ireland may think they have the upper hand over us at present thanks to E U backing , but wait till E U turn the corporation tax screws, put Ireland out of business.The E U would be good IF WE ruled,not Macron or Kuerten-Hammer!

I don’t think the EU needs us at all as there are enough member countries to continue very easily without us,

I do think the EU is very scared that if we leave successfully and cope without them then other members may also decide to leave.

There's no way eu are going to change anything at, all our leader keeps going back to them knowing this, but yet still does it anyway

The exact same deal has been brought to. Table three times now voted on twice, may pulled out of first one.

So a decent leader would tell eu make changes or no Deal leave it at that.

Then after first time of asking to get it through our Parliament she should have stuck with what she told everyone it's thisdeal or no Deal

Both ssides decided not to accept deal for they reasons,

So may should have just concentrated on a no deal exit

Instead of looking a fool, making us an embarrassment going back with exactly same deal only to get rejected again

As at end of day she could stand head held high and honestly say I've tried but I've not got nowhere because of other's.

Then I'm sure she would have people changing their minds as no one wants a no deal exit.

And then we can say we think that Mrs may as done everything she can, she is only one doing anything.

Instead of looking like she has got an agenda, running clock down etc etc etc etc

As at end of day she is not exempt from blame for this mess.

Some go of as if she is Ms perfect but got news for those she is not

Because everyone single one of mps are to blame in some way not just people that dare stand up against Mrs may and not accept her deal

"I don’t think the EU needs us at all as there are enough member countries to continue very easily without us,

I do think the EU is very scared that if we leave successfully and cope without them then other members may also decide to leave. "

agree with you there.

But they do need our. Money

"The messages on here seem more re the posters than the topic!. "

I see we are back to that

Alright I know that I can go on an about Mrs may and some don't like it.

Well I apologise for upsetting people with it

I'm not on here to upset or bicker like some like to say or think.

I will calm it down it down. I'm not going to be online as much either, but I will give my opinion if and when I'm online.

And if anyone thinks I'm going on abit feel free to private message me and tell me if you think I'm going over board with it. And then I can sort it.

Instead of throwing comments like clueless, dumb must get his information from children's comics.

And most of all no threats which they don't carryout. Cause I say bring it on

But I'm not here for any of that.

I have learned alot off here believe it or not, I'm here to make friends not enemies,

Again I'm sincerely sorry if I've ever offended anyone not my intention at all

I sincerely wish you all all the best

Dannyboy

"The messages on here seem more re the posters than the topic!.

I see we are back to that"

yes we are are people taking things personal again.

My post wasn't aimed at no one in particular just my view

As I'm only poster to have posted after said post you refer to, as it's obviously aimed at my self again

Sorry I spoke

there's alot of companies going bankrupt has it is, this country has been on slide for some time some of it is down to

Uncertainty over brexit

Other is down to this government

At end of day both are as bad as each other, because they both just look out for themselves.

This brexit mess has highlighted that big time

*urgea By *urgea  (M) 3 weeks ago

Seems strange then that this country is doing better than any other E U country,economy doing better,unemployment down to lowest in decades, whereas no E U country can say the same. Italy's banks are so laden with bad debts they are sure to flounder, France going the same, Germany in recession,Spain, Greece,Portugal all debt laden, unemployment on under 25's at dangerous levels. And what is not said,is E U companies setting up over here, London is a magnet. Industry supposedly fearful of a No Deal BUT MORE fearful of a Corbyn government!.

By *annyboy87  (M) 3 weeks ago

"Seems strangemail in that this country is doing better than any other E U country,economy doing better,unemployment down to lowest in decades, whereas no E U country can say the same. Italy's banks are so laden with bad debts they are sure to flounder, France going the same, Germany in recession,Spain, Greece,Portugal all debt laden, unemployment on under 25's at dangerous levels. And what is not said,is E U companies setting up over here, London is a magnet. Industry supposedly fearful of a No Deal BUT MORE fearful of a Corbyn government!."

again it's my opinion that they both as bad as each other

Crime rise mainly down to cuts.

Schools well under staffed through cuts

Could go on but all these cuts done in last five years, how library as conservative party been in power? 2010 I think the answer is

Conservatives says all cuts had to be as no money but got money for dup

So I would say all party

Are the same

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

"Seems strange then that this country is doing better than any other E U country,economy doing better,unemployment down to lowest in decades, whereas no E U country can say the same. Italy's banks are so laden with bad debts they are sure to flounder, France going the same, Germany in recession,Spain, Greece,Portugal all debt laden, unemployment on under 25's at dangerous levels. And what is not said,is E U companies setting up over here, London is a magnet. Industry supposedly fearful of a No Deal BUT MORE fearful of a Corbyn government!."

By *aravaggio  (M) 3 weeks ago

This "no deal" Brexit that's bandied about …. pound to a penny, the majority of folk believe it to be all about a trade deal. ITS NOT! Its all about the terms upon which we leave the EU. The Remainers will have you believe its all about agreeing trading terms, They won't actually say that, but they're happy to have you believe it. Lets be totally clear on this. No trading deals have yet been discussed with the EU. These CANNOT be discussed until we have left. This leaving deal concerns the maintenance of regulatory matters AFTER we have left. I say again, its NOTHING to do with trade agreements. Therefore, our leaving without a deal, under WTO terms, should not present us with any unforeseen matters, as we know what the items in question are. Customs Union, Free movement of people and goods, maintenance of trading standards. These items were all well documented and discussed at the time of the referendum …. anything more is a continuation of project fear, and a distinct will to not clarify but to allow disinformation and the resultant misinformation to be deemed the truth. People moan and ridicule how politics in USA performs at the moment, yet they seem oblivious to matters that are happening right under their noses.

THE fact remains they need us more than we need them, including the financial services of the City of London. Supposedly industry are fearful of no deal but they have had 3 years to prepare for alternative arrangements. The E U is in decline and heading towards a full blown UNITED STATES, in which we would be under the rule of Germany and France. Trouble is our young ones don't know the history or we 3 nations, Germany rampant, France collapsing and cooperating ( rounding up4 yr old girls to send to concentration camps ) . THIS country saved the world and we should not be under the rule of Brussels. Everything else is secondary and we can make our way in the WORLD. Back to the 57 countries of the Commonwealth.

Every thing would be alot smoother if

1,remainers accepted we are leaving and stop trying to stop it

2.all work together instead of bickering instead of being out for themselves

Well said Dannyboy. That 5 million have signed a petition falls well short of the 17 million who voted to leave, so forget. Plus I get fed up with all the old Hasbeens ( Blair, Major, Heseltine etc ) putting their 5 eggs in trying to stab the referendum result in the back, and Corbyn , Starmer going to Brussels to talk BEHIND or backs. Whereas I don't exactly agree with May's agreement or the way she has gone about the negotiations, she does deserve being supported as much as possible. Just imagine Corbyn as PM, MacDonnell ? Trot as Chancellor and D Abbott as Home Secretary, all anti white Brit and peddling policies of jealousy and hate.

*hris51234 By  *hris51234    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 3 weeks ago

It has been proven that the online Revoke Article 50 petition that has been signed by 5 million in the few days its been going was set up by bots was signed by many outside the U.K and it is also possible to sign it numerous times even using the same E-mail address so really has little value, should also be acknowledged that three times as many people qued up and voted on an official referendum in one day in 2016!

By *aravaggio  (M) 3 weeks ago

Why do a million or so marchers think, as they wander about holding a placard, disrupting traffic, and generally being a public nuisance, that they hold more sway than 17 million plus?? As for the petition? ….. complete waste of time! ..

We're leaving !!!!!!! …..

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

"Every thing would be alot smoother if

2.all work together instead of bickering instead of being out for themselves "

Exactly. We have a leader who has said from day one we honour the referendum and leave means leave and has never wavered from that stance.

Unfortunately all the whining and moaning .. not least of all from her own MPs .. but also the opposition and the public, has muddied the waters and made us look weak.

If we had all done the same and said “yes we are leaving now let’s make a tough deal with plenty of support” .. it would all be over now.

"It has been proven that the online Revoke Article 50 petition that has been signed by 5 million in the few days its been going was set up by bots was signed by many outside the U.K and it is also possible to sign it numerous times even using the same E-mail address so really has little value, should also be acknowledged that three times as many people qued up and voted on an official referendum in one day in 2016!"

I remember saying on here but I did say it could be bots, even though some say different.

They have 5 million votes they need. 14 to make people stand up and listen

As 17.5 million originally voted leave so get more than that and government will have to listen

Exactly. We have a leader who has said from day one we honour the referendum and leave means leave and has never wavered from that stance.

Unfortunately all the whining and moaning .. not least of all from her own MPs .. but also the opposition and the public, has muddied the waters and made us look weak.

If we had all done the same and said “yes we are leaving now let’s make a tough deal with plenty of support” .. it would all be over now. "

exactly

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 3 weeks ago

If we had all done the same and said “yes we are leaving now let’s make a tough deal with plenty of support” .. it would all be over now. "

In other words, the world would be a wonderful place is everyone now came on the side of those who voted leave, even though they continue to insult those who voted remain after careful consideration. NEVER going to happen.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

There is no doubt we are a deeply divided country. No-one really has any idea of how to reconcile it.

Somebody is going to be bitterly disappointed whatever happens.

Sadly it's reported that Mr C has found building a consensus and taking control of the process is like trying to build a house on shifting sands.

The mood in Westminster seems to be that anything could happen except a no-deal Brexit which has made the ERG incandescent with rage and has raised the stakes so they will do almost anything.

Mrs May goes on despite virtually every major newspaper and news programme saying she wouldn't be in office by 5pm today. Contenders for her job are running for cover and the official opposition are strangely quiet.

Meanwhile a new countdown determined by the EU ticks on!

I've got to ask why the hell does anyone just keep going back to table with the same deal twice

And then goes for third time.

It's like an child going back to parents and asking for whatever getting same answer.

Would you arrange an deal to buy an house the other side says yes. But your bank says no would you be stupid enough to keep going back with same deal when

You was told no, and they tell you they vote no next time

Don't think so

Would you have people saying you are doing a good job by doing so

Don't think so

So what's so different with pm

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 3 weeks ago

Likewise I have to ask why does someone had to keep repeating their same boring question on the same subject over and over again on this forum.

By *ohnBoy67  (M) 3 weeks ago

Eastkenter;

You're obviously a 'Remainer' and quite an ardent one at that.... it is your prerogative and I don't hold that against you; in the same way I hope you accept my choice was and (because of all the crap in the HoC) even more so now 'Leave'.

HOWEVER; the PM at the time (D.C.) actually fulfilled a manifesto commitment (does n't always happen, does it?!) by having a referendum on the subject of continuing membership of a political and financial mafia style gang, where no-one else in it really likes us, but happy to take our billions of pounds every month so they can line their own pockets!!

The majority (yes, a small one) voted out; that has to be the outcome. If not, then democracy in this country is worthless.

Just as a thought... lets say the rules were changed on important votes like this, and the majority to succeed was a minimum of say... 60% to win - then the next time there was a vote and the opposing view to yours won with 62%..... would you accept it? Or say 'It was too close, we want another one!' ?

"Likewise I have to ask why does someone had to keep repeating their same boring question on the same subject over and over again on this forum."

I haven't asked this particular question repeatedly all,

So if you have no answer for or don't like it because it's negative towards our beloved pm ignore it.

My last post it's a fact that the deal as been presented twice and been rejected twice

Who goes for third time with same deal

"Eastkenter;

You're obviously a 'Remainer' and quite an ardent one at that.... it is your prerogative and I don't hold that against you; in the same way I hope you accept my choice was and (because of all the crap in the HoC) even more so now 'Leave'.

HOWEVER; the PM at the time (D.C.) actually fulfilled a manifesto commitment (does n't always happen, does it?!) by having a referendum on the subject of continuing membership of a political and financial mafia style gang, where no-one else in it really likes us, but happy to take our billions of pounds every month so they can line their own pockets!!

The majority (yes, a small one) voted out; that has to be the outcome. If not, then democracy in this country is worthless.

Just as a thought... lets say the rules were changed on important votes like this, and the majority to succeed was a minimum of say... 60% to win - then the next time there was a vote and the opposing view to yours won with 62%..... would you accept it? Or say 'It was too close, we want another one!' ?"

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 3 weeks ago

"Eastkenter;

Just as a thought... lets say the rules were changed on important votes like this, and the majority to succeed was a minimum of say... 60% to win - then the next time there was a vote and the opposing view to yours won with 62%..... would you accept it? Or say 'It was too close, we want another one!' ?"

The answer to your question is simple - if a majority of 60% were required I would be prepared to accept the result (60/40 is a sizeable majority) but not change my opinion on the question posed. The majority in the 2016 referendum was too slim to give it any true validity in my opinion. The problem with a referendum is that nobody is granted any right to change their mind. With elections it is different - I did not, for instance, agree when the Lib Dems handed my vote to the Tories but I had the option to change my mind and have never voted for them again.

By *ohnBoy67  (M) 3 weeks ago

So should we have a referendum every 5 years at the same time as an election?? Lol

I do take your point on being able to change your vote for general elections, as I have done..... I'd never vote for labour, even when they were almost centre leaning under the war-mongerer Blair the Liar, I did not vote for the Barmy Red Army.

Certainly NOT now!

Bottom line, though.... a majority IS a majority, and that view should be seen through; just to maintain any credibility of the importance to carry out your constitutional right to vote (on anything) when given the chance.

Surely you agree with that?

P.S. Those that could n't be bothered to vote on Jne 23rd 2016 can have no complaints whatsoever. IF they had, it could have swung the vote and the margin EITHER way, and possibly a more clear-cut message to the 650 baffoons in Westminster!

Add a new message to this topic