New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364862 members (3 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Corbyn target practice

See newest message in thread

Corbyn target practice

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

All 5 have been subject to punishment, with two of them demoted. Pathetic response to what was clearly nothing more than barrack room humour. I wonder who the braindead individuals were who wanted this action taken? Shouldn't they be afforded some publicity too? ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 15 weeks ago

"All 5 have been subject to punishment, with two of them demoted. Pathetic response to what was clearly nothing more than barrack room humour. I wonder who the braindead individuals were who wanted this action taken? Shouldn't they be afforded some publicity too? .. "

Good response to something that was basically incitement to violence. We don't need this type of 'humour', especially from those who bear arms.

"All 5 have been subject to punishment, with two of them demoted. Pathetic response to what was clearly nothing more than barrack room humour. I wonder who the braindead individuals were who wanted this action taken? Shouldn't they be afforded some publicity too? ..

Good response to something that was basically incitement to violence. We don't need this type of 'humour', especially from those who bear arms."

I'd written quite a lengthy reply, extolling the virtues of humour within a stress laden job, along with the types of humour promoted by these jobs. However ……. I decided against posting what is the bleeding obvious, and thought I would just laugh, instead. ..

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

After a poor night's sleep it took me awhile to work out what this thread was about. Plus no mention on the TV or radio news and I don't read newspapers.

The situation is laughable and was certainly not an incitement to violence. This sort of thing has gone on for ages but treated as a joke and certainly not reported by some prissy pc busy-body hoping for their 15 minutes of fame. In my army days it was the likes of Neil Kinnock and Arthur Scargill.

I also remember in the '80s joke dartboards being sold with pictures of Mrs Thatcher on them but, of course, that would be perfectly acceptable to the hard left snowflakes

"All 5 have been subject to punishment, with two of them demoted. Pathetic response to what was clearly nothing more than barrack room humour. I wonder who the braindead individuals were who wanted this action taken? Shouldn't they be afforded some publicity too? ..

Good response to something that was basically incitement to violence. We don't need this type of 'humour', especially from those who bear arms.

I'd written quite a lengthy reply, extolling the virtues of humour within a stress laden job, along with the types of humour promoted by these jobs. However ……. I decided against posting what is the bleeding obvious, and thought I would just laugh, instead. .. "

Thank the Lord for small mercies. We don't really need another of your lectures. Humour is subjective and you should not assume that your sense of humour is the only acceptable one.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

I think it's fair to say that the left are always up in arms about some faux outrage. It's something they have always done and probably always will.

Prescott gets a bit punchy in the real woprld and not a murmur ... Tory rides bike past policeman and mumbles ... sacking offence.

I don't like the term snowflakes as it belittles those who genuinely have concerns but I dont see why anyone would be concerned at a bit of "humorous" play by soldiers and we all know (YES WE DO) that had the target have been May then we wouldnt have heard a whisper.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 15 weeks ago

But had it been dodgy nige , out come the fog horns of out rage. And lengthy as well ,three years so far. At least it keeps the ships safe.

It would appear that when people lean too far to the left or to the right they lose their sense of humour as well as their sense of proportion. Nothing must be said against their little 'tin gods' whereas those in the more central ground are fair game.

I think perhaps Mikey1973 is right and that snowflake is the wrong word to describe them. After all you don't normally associate snowflakes with storms in teacups or, in the words of the Bard, Much Ado About Nothing.

It seems that some people think a 'sense of humour' only exists if others agree with what they consider humorous. You can claim that those who disagree with you lack a sense of humour but that does not make it true. Humour comes in many guises. It is ridiculous to state that one particular view of something shows you have a sense of humour and another view means you lack a sense of humour. Humour is subjective and trying to make it objective is pointless.

Stand by for a lecture!! ……..

I find that people with no sense of humour find it impossible to appreciate that other people do have a sense of humour, albeit of various kinds …. think about it. I cite the medical profession, the Police Force, and certainly, the armed forces, as having darker and drier types of humour which are systemic and vital to the jobs they do. Want an example?

Two infantry men, bogged down in a raid somewhere in Bosnia. Taking cover in a shell hole, been there for two days, run out of water, but can't shift because of a sniper. One says to the other, I'll make a move, lay down some covering fire. We have to find water. Off he goes, zig zagging, bullets clipping at his heels. He dives into another shell hole, where he finds a woman. No water, but whilst he's there, he may aswell get a couple of shags in. Finishes, puts his cock away, gives her tits a last friendly squeeze and shouts to his mate that he's coming back. Automatic rifle fire comes from his previous shell hole and he scampers back, throwing himself over the edge. Did you get any water, his mate ask? No, but I got a great shag, there was a woman over there and points to the other shell hole. You fuckin' lucky bastard, says his mate, did you get a blow job aswell? Nah, he replied ………. I couldn't find her head!

"It seems that some people think a 'sense of humour' only exists if others agree with what they consider humorous. You can claim that those who disagree with you lack a sense of humour but that does not make it true. Humour comes in many guises. It is ridiculous to state that one particular view of something shows you have a sense of humour and another view means you lack a sense of humour. Humour is subjective and trying to make it objective is pointless."

I rest my case

"It seems that some people think a 'sense of humour' only exists if others agree with what they consider humorous. You can claim that those who disagree with you lack a sense of humour but that does not make it true. Humour comes in many guises. It is ridiculous to state that one particular view of something shows you have a sense of humour and another view means you lack a sense of humour. Humour is subjective and trying to make it objective is pointless.

I rest my case "

I hope you mean that - it would give the rest of us a break.

"It seems that some people think a 'sense of humour' only exists if others agree with what they consider humorous. You can claim that those who disagree with you lack a sense of humour but that does not make it true. Humour comes in many guises. It is ridiculous to state that one particular view of something shows you have a sense of humour and another view means you lack a sense of humour. Humour is subjective and trying to make it objective is pointless.

I rest my case

I hope you mean that - it would give the rest of us a break. "

You, and the rest of the mythical 'us' are not going to be that lucky

By *heshire baldie  (M) 15 weeks ago

The problem with words on a piece of paper is that any humour has to be very obvious and not just nuanced. In reality, one would see the humour on the face of the speaker.

This isn’t a good site for humour unless the audience is on the same wavelength.

Let’s not fall out over humour please.

Easier to fall out of that bastard fascist Farage. (Humour alert)

*avid93111 By *avid93111  (M) 15 weeks ago

Nice a fascist , Really, and Corbyn? Friend of the friend of the friendlesss, Murderers, etc et al , oh really .

It would appear that it is okay to call Farage a Fascist but call Corbyn a Marxist or a Trotsyite and the pc brigade are up in arms and trying to tell you he is a mildly left of centre liberal.

Personally I have got no time for either. Two devious, manipulative sides of the same coin.

*avid93111 By *avid93111  (M) 15 weeks ago

Just practiising for the Real thing I hope, bloody commie bastard

*9al By *9al  (M) 15 weeks ago

Corbin seems to me to be one of the few people in parliament talking sense. he is not lurching to the right & not trying to overturn a democratic vote

"Just practiising for the Real thing I hope, bloody commie bastard"

Inappropriate.

"Corbin seems to me to be one of the few people in parliament talking sense. he is not lurching to the right & not trying to overturn a democratic vote "

Really??? I've yet to hear Corbyn talk sense. He either waffles or rants but doesn't really say anything. He's a ditherer and a fence sitter. A typical politician who has never done anything in their life

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

I rest my case

I hope you mean that - it would give the rest of us a break. "

You should try it yourself

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 15 weeks ago

"Corbin seems to me to be one of the few people in parliament talking sense. he is not lurching to the right & not trying to overturn a democratic vote "

Please give us a quote of anything he has said that makes sense.

I rest my case

You should try it yourself"

No chance. Why would I leave the forum to the right-wingers as a mutual admiration society (though I can see that is what they are trying to achieve)?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ikkey69  (M) 15 weeks ago

Just a thought.. if the labour party ever win an election, we will have Diane Abbot looking after us lol

Words Fail Me !

*9al By *9al  (M) 15 weeks ago

negotiating a customs union with the EU seams like quite a good idea to me

*irey_paul By *irey_paul  (M) 15 weeks ago

No I just want out of the EU for GD

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ikkey69  (M) 15 weeks ago

The fact that the uk voted to leave the eu totally then having a customs union is not what people voted to do.

Out means Out , not out, but still in this and a bit of that !

"negotiating a customs union with the EU seams like quite a good idea to me "

A customs union would take us back to the days of the EEC before it morphed into the EU. Difference being we would no longer have a say in any decisions. In other words leave in name only which is hardly what either Brexiteers or Remainers want.

Plus I have serious doubts about Mr Corbyn as a negotiator. He is a serial protestor not a negotiator. Don't think he would get us a good deal by standing outside the EU Headquarters, placard in hand, and screeching the odds down a megaphone.

By *orderguard  (M) 15 weeks ago

I rest my case

You should try it yourself

No chance. Why would I leave the forum to the right-wingers as a mutual admiration society (though I can see that is what they are trying to achieve)?"

I see. So its ok for you to suggest NK takes a break but as soon as someone suggests you do its all wrong. Double standards perhaps?

"Corbin seems to me to be one of the few people in parliament talking sense. he is not lurching to the right & not trying to overturn a democratic vote

Please give us a quote of anything he has said that makes sense."

I think that quite a few things that Corbyn says, make sense. Re-nationalising of public transport, for starters. I also like his ideas for the National health service, BUT, and it's a MASSIVE, MASSIVE but. his method of funding such projects is totally barmy and would probably destroy the country.

By *otoned  (M) 15 weeks ago

"Just a thought.. if the labour party ever win an election, we will have Diane Abbot looking after us lol

Words Fail Me !"

Rumour has it she will be Chancellor of the Exchequer, we’re fucked!!!

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"Just a thought.. if the labour party ever win an election, we will have Diane Abbot looking after us lol

Words Fail Me !

Rumour has it she will be Chancellor of the Exchequer, we’re fucked!!!"

I suppose we should thank our lucky stars that those squaddies didn't use her picture for target practice, if they had, I guess they would have been accused of every un-pc thing on the list, and probably, they would be facing a firing squad themselves by now!.. Bloody lily livered, do gooding, sandal wearing, forever offended, inhabitants of cloud cuckooland!! ….. you'll get your come uppance one day …… I hope! ..

XXX pic...
login to view
By *attthew2  (M) 13 weeks ago

Words Fail Me !

Rumour has it she will be Chancellor of the Exchequer, we’re fucked!!!"

John McDonnell will be Chancellor.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 13 weeks ago

Words Fail Me !

John McDonnell will be Chancellor. "

On a serious note McDonnell is a lot more scary than Abbot and will do far more damage to the country.

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ountain    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M) 13 weeks ago

Rumour has it. You mean daily mail lies that

only the stoopid beleive.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 13 weeks ago

"Rumour has it. You mean daily mail lies that

only the stoopid beleive. "

To know what the Daily Mail says means you have to read it. I don't so therefore I do not know what we are meant to believe. All newspapers distort the truth to suit their readers.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 13 weeks ago

Words Fail Me !

I suppose we should thank our lucky stars that those squaddies didn't use her picture for target practice, if they had, I guess they would have been accused of every un-pc thing on the list, and probably, they would be facing a firing squad themselves by now!.. Bloody lily livered, do gooding, sandal wearing, forever offended, inhabitants of cloud cuckooland!! ….. you'll get your come uppance one day …… I hope! .. "

Some comments come very close to the border of insanity.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 13 weeks ago

Words Fail Me !

I suppose we should thank our lucky stars that those squaddies didn't use her picture for target practice, if they had, I guess they would have been accused of every un-pc thing on the list, and probably, they would be facing a firing squad themselves by now!.. Bloody lily livered, do gooding, sandal wearing, forever offended, inhabitants of cloud cuckooland!! ….. you'll get your come uppance one day …… I hope! .. "

Too large a target. Takes the accuracy out of target practise.

Add a new message to this topic