New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364722 members (5 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > CoronaVirus 2 the other got too big

See newest message in thread

CoronaVirus 2 the other got too big

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 9 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

" As you are well aware, Bozo was also a famous 70s clown. The word was subsequently used to mean 'clown and fool'. That is why it is appropriate for our current great leader Alexander.

Of course I was not aware. I had never heard the term until you thought it amusing to bandy about a few months ago. And now you new 'bestie' has taken it on as well. I've never been into clowns and circuses. Hence my distaste for the Corbynistic Labour Party, SNP, Plaid Cymry etc "

You’ll be able to use some of that mouthwash now. “Corbynistic Labour Party” Is that another NK made up name? Is a thing of the past. Just like his hard left supporters. Soon to be consigned to history, a bit like Bozo when the Men and Ladies in Grey Suits are finished with him

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 9 weeks ago

In your dreams Tessa M. Plus why should we believe that your new leader is any different from the last one. Better dressed, better spoken but that's about it. Let's face it he was on TV daily, in the run up to the last election, prompting the idea that your Mr Corbyn should become PM and extolling the virtues of a hard left Marxist manifesto.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 9 weeks ago

At least he was seen on TV rather than hiding in fridges and ducking interviews.

"At least he was seen on TV rather than hiding in fridges and ducking interviews."

He could easily hide in a wood. No one could tell him from the trees

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 9 weeks ago

"In your dreams Tessa M. Plus why should we believe that your new leader is any different from the last one. Better dressed, better spoken but that's about it. Let's face it he was on TV daily, in the run up to the last election, prompting the idea that your Mr Corbyn should become PM and extolling the virtues of a hard left Marxist manifesto."

My new leader. You really should lay off the Dettol and Gin. I know you are the Advocate in Chief for Bozo and Co with a support contract for the Donald. But come, come. One minute I’m the favoured offspring of Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon. Now I’m a secret Labour Party member. As usual Mr Nordic-Knight you are not only wrong you are so completely off the mark you are likely to get a job at the Spin department of Bozo and Co’s.

I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of any of the political parties you seem to accuse me of being in. I think your “Great Leader” is one of the worst politicians in living memory and if I had to let someone hold my wallet between him and Ronnie Briggs I wouldn’t let him see it.

I welcome the Labour Party into the 21st century. I sincerely hope Keir Starmer proves as good as he at least seems to be. Frankly he couldn’t be any worst than the last twat. I also sincerely hope he wipes the floor with Bozo. when Bozo plucks up the courage to face him. Then there will be nowhere to hide, and as far as I am concerned the country would be well rid of Bozo and the rest of his cohorts and that day can’t come soon enough

Trouble is Tessa M nobody knows what you believe in or who you support. All you do is run down the current leader of the pro business party [rather odd since you wax lyrical about your business empire] yet if anyone dares to say a thing about Starmer, Corbyn, Sturgeon, Salmond et al that isn't adoring or is perhaps a tiny bit rude or comical, you get your knickers in a twist. Perhaps you suffer from Serial Negativity Syndrome.

By *ohnE  (M) 9 weeks ago

"In your dreams Tessa M. Plus why should we believe that your new leader is any different from the last one. Better dressed, better spoken but that's about it. Let's face it he was on TV daily, in the run up to the last election, prompting the idea that your Mr Corbyn should become PM and extolling the virtues of a hard left Marxist manifesto."

Karmer is definitely a better proposition for Labour than Corbyn but they will have to rely on the Conservatives making mistakes if they want to make gains.

"Trouble is Tessa M nobody knows what you believe in or who you support. All you do is run down the current leader of the pro business party [rather odd since you wax lyrical about your business empire] yet if anyone dares to say a thing about Starmer, Corbyn, Sturgeon, Salmond et al that isn't adoring or is perhaps a tiny bit rude or comical, you get your knickers in a twist. Perhaps you suffer from Serial Negativity Syndrome."

You seem too, our self-opinionated, self-appointed arborator of Tory NewSpeak. Just because I don’t agree with you. Doesn’t mean you can pigeon hole me.

I have complimented some of the things this Government have done and criticised it when it’s IMHO wrong. You keep bringing up my businesses. Just because I started working for myself does not make me a Tory. Just because I created a couple of companies and made a bit of money off them does not constitute an empire. I have also closed a few in my time. One thing being in business has taught me is to sift out the crap from sales people. Your sales techniques need some improvement.

All you have to do is convince me of the validity of your arguments and I’ll be a convert. Unfortunately, all you seem to do is spout the drivel that is authorised to be spouted from the desk of Dominic Cummings, and you don’t do it, that well.

If you want to know what I believe engage in conversation, not your higher than thou, more knowledgeable than you attitude. You Tories don’t do that, though do you? It’s your way or the high way.

My businesses have survived politicians of all hues running the country. I wanted to close one down this year but, the Government gave me a way to keep those employees on the books a bit longer. At no cost to me by the way. Was that wrong of me to take them up on their offer? My other company by the nature of its work suddenly got busy as a result of government directives. Was that so wrong to take advantage of the situation. I call that good business. My Spanish Company that I formed Last year is surviving on the Spanish Furlough scheme. I am considering what to do with that company at the moment. As when the lockdown in Spain eases some more I will have to consider letting some employees go. I have other options there, but that is a decision I’ll take based on my business, and the good thing about that difficult decision is. Her Majesty’s Government here in the UK will have zero input.

Not an empire by any means Mr Nordic-Knight. I have been trying to wind down my IT company for a few years now. As I wanted to retire. It got busy again. My UK security Company I relocated I never made any secret of that. So If you think I should have just sacked the UK employees instead of Furloughing them please explain yourself

By *esperate jon  (M) 9 weeks ago

When Boris finally faces the opposition in parliament will be the day he will regret, they may be nice at the moment what with his "illness" and another kid, but when the day comes sit back and watch a man crumble, I've no sympathy for the man no more as the truth is slowly coming to light as to what he and his government reacted to start of the crisis. And now people are saying he's very brave not to be taking maternity leave?? Why should he, he's got a country to put right first and so he should as he fucked it up in January when he didn't listen. Oh and I'm sure his girlfriend will be very well looked after with every bit of luxury 10 downing Street has to offer.

By *ohnE  (M) 9 weeks ago

Boris is a reasonably good orator and I doubt he would worry very much about facing Starmer even if Starmer might be a tougher cookie than Corbyn.

Boris is under a lot of stress but that goes with the job and I haven't heard him complain. He was obviously very ill and had the added worries of a pregnancy partner but he appears to be coping even though he is looking tired.

Coronavirus "fucked" the country up and did the same around the world. We have coped better than some countries and worse than others but it will probably be into the middle of next year before we see real accurate statistics.

I'm sure you are right that his partner and baby will be well looked after just as all women and newborns are well looked after in the uk.

"Trouble is Tessa M nobody knows what you believe in or who you support. All you do is run down the current leader of the pro business party [rather odd since you wax lyrical about your business empire] yet if anyone dares to say a thing about Starmer, Corbyn, Sturgeon, Salmond et al that isn't adoring or is perhaps a tiny bit rude or comical, you get your knickers in a twist. Perhaps you suffer from Serial Negativity Syndrome."

The trouble lies with you for constantly jumping to false conclusions and sticking to them even when you are given clear information to the contrary. I told you on many occasions how I have voted in the past but you countered that by claiming I didn't vote the way I did and continuing to use your illogical conclusion that I am/was a great Corbyn fan just because I chose not to join the Corbyn-bashing. You claim you didn't support Bozo and Trump initially, but get your knickers in a twist whenever any criticism comes their way, to the extent that you start to look like an adoring fan.

"Boris is a reasonably good orator and I doubt he would worry very much about facing Starmer even if Starmer might be a tougher cookie than Corbyn.

Boris is under a lot of stress but that goes with the job and I haven't heard him complain. He was obviously very ill and had the added worries of a pregnancy partner but he appears to be coping even though he is looking tired.

Coronavirus "fucked" the country up and did the same around the world. We have coped better than some countries and worse than others but it will probably be into the middle of next year before we see real accurate statistics.

I'm sure you are right that his partner and baby will be well looked after just as all women and newborns are well looked after in the uk. "

Do you truly believe she will not be given special treatment? Even if you believe Bozo is the country's saviour, what has she done for the country? Does popping out his latest kid count as service to the country?

By *esperate jon  (M) 9 weeks ago

No doubt soppy people will be flooding downing Street with flowers and teddies for the new edition but frankly your right, what's she done?? If I were her I'll be walking away in embarrassment with the way he's treated this country. Dread to think what they'll call it??

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 8 weeks ago

Fair play to them, but remember the child is a Bastard wether anyone likes it or not.

XXX pic...
login to view

Before I get scorned upon for my last post, I aren't being vile or even care, a child born out of wedlock is a Bastard. I couldn't care less about Boris the liar, Corbyn the Commie or fuck face farage, all a bunch of liars and pretenders.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 8 weeks ago

Is it an obligation to belong to something or believe in something. Isn’t it kind of stigmatisation and banalisation????

XXX pic...
login to view

"Boris is a reasonably good orator and I doubt he would worry very much about facing Starmer even if Starmer might be a tougher cookie than Corbyn.

I'm sure you are right that his partner and baby will be well looked after just as all women and newborns are well looked after in the uk. "

Good orator???? Sorry, I’m not agree. Producing colourful words and powerful adjectives (actually very similar in this to trump) without facts and acts is not oratory qualities that I can respect in politician. In my opinion, politician is more then just adjective applicator. People wait results and acts, but not oratory performances. Or maybe this is me only who thinks so

XXX pic...
login to view

I'm sure you are right that his partner and baby will be well looked after just as all women and newborns are well looked after in the uk.

Do you truly believe she will not be given special treatment? Even if you believe Bozo is the country's saviour, what has she done for the country? Does popping out his latest kid count as service to the country?"

Agree. I’m also sure they will be looked after better that other ‘usual’ people

XXX pic...
login to view

"Fair play to them, but remember the child is a Bastard wether anyone likes it or not."

He cannot be a bastard by the definition. He has a father in his birth certificate. Even if BJ isn’t officially married with his partner.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 8 weeks ago

"Trouble is Tessa M nobody knows what you believe in or who you support. All you do is run down the current leader of the pro business party [rather odd since you wax lyrical about your business empire] yet if anyone dares to say a thing about Starmer, Corbyn, Sturgeon, Salmond et al that isn't adoring or is perhaps a tiny bit rude or comical, you get your knickers in a twist. Perhaps you suffer from Serial Negativity Syndrome.

Is it an obligation to belong to something or believe in something. Isn’t it kind of stigmatisation and banalisation????

"

No there is no obligation whatsoever. My point was that constantly whingeing and slagging off people or they way things are done, without offering a positive alternative, is pretty negative.

"Fair play to them, but remember the child is a Bastard wether anyone likes it or not."

Technically yes he is but his father's name will be on the birth certificate and so-called bastardy no longer carries any stigma. The only thing it affects is the inheritance of hereditary titles. So totally irrelevant in this case.

Must say I used to be slightly amused, when hosting wedding receptions, and the bride and groom's -boys to what was often a white wedding. Cart before the horse would spring to mind.children were acting as bridesmaids and page

XXX pic...
login to view
By *reatedbear   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

The child is a bastard. The definition of a bastard is a child born out of wedlock. A child whose parents were not married when the child was born. 2 different and main dictionary definitions there.

XXX pic...
login to view

"The child is a bastard. The definition of a bastard is a child born out of wedlock. A child whose parents were not married when the child was born. 2 different and main dictionary definitions there. "

First you need to understand a concept of marriage... and as you know I hope this concept changes historically...

Bastard or not - this is middle age ‘title’...

I’m considering myself as a modern present time human so for me it is not bastard. You can have your perception of reality and time, this is fully your right

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

"Before I get scorned upon for my last post, I aren't being vile or even care, a child born out of wedlock is a Bastard. I couldn't care less about Boris the liar, Corbyn the Commie or fuck face farage, all a bunch of liars and pretenders."

That's probably the fairest summing up I've seen for a while. Senior politicians are generally not the most likeable of people whatever your politics.

Less senior politicians are usually just ordinary hard workers doing their best for the community and country.

I would never think of being a bastard as an insult. I might be a bastard and so could many on here but it wouldn't be their fault as they hardly had a say in the matter. Even for parents to have children out of wedlock can hardly be a reason to vilify unless all the circumstances are known and the vilification deserved. We no longer live in the dark ages.

I seem to remember Boris and Carrie announcing that they would marry. Probably for some protracted legal reasons Boris's divorce hasn't been finalised so young Wilfred, through no fault of his own, was born out of wedlock. But does it really matter? What is marriage anyway. A legal contract of commitment that at least half the members on this site have entered into but not strictly adhered to.

Some moral purists still argue that no 2nd marriage is legal if the spouse of the 1st marriage is still alive. I that case I would join the ranks of the bastards.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atureNudist51   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

"I seem to remember Boris and Carrie announcing that they would marry. Probably for some protracted legal reasons Boris's divorce hasn't been finalised so young Wilfred, through no fault of his own, was born out of wedlock. But does it really matter? What is marriage anyway. A legal contract of commitment that at least half the members on this site have entered into but not strictly adhered to.

Some moral purists still argue that no 2nd marriage is legal if the spouse of the 1st marriage is still alive. I that case I would join the ranks of the bastards."

Let's hope that attitudes have changed from those dark and distant days and society has moved out of the dark ages ?

Actually I think it is more of a Victorian attitude than anything else or earlier. Good Queen Vic's uncle, William IV, sired a number of bastards and gave them titles as did earlier monarchs like Charles II, James II, Henry VIII to name but a few.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

It is a fact that the child is a bastard but it shouldn't make any difference nowadays.

There may be some nuanced rights in law but that's all.

Trouble is the term bastard has become a derogatory one. In affect a swear word. You call someone 'a bastard' because you hate them or they have done something dreadful. Nothing to do with their parents marital status.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinesque  (M) 8 weeks ago

As far as I recall, it's illegal to refer to somebody as a "bastard", in Britain, and has been for several decades. I was first told about it at school, in fact.

By *esperate jon  (M) 8 weeks ago

Whatever this child is a child and can you if your about in 20 years time see what shit he's going to get?? It'll be Oh yes your papa ruined the country for not listening to the world!!!! Stuff the child I hope his future step dad looks after him as the father he has at this very moment if I was the bastared child I would be ashamed

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 8 weeks ago

"Trouble is the term bastard has become a derogatory one. In affect a swear word. You call someone 'a bastard' because you hate them or they have done something dreadful. Nothing to do with their parents marital status."

In that case, this child is not a bastard (literally) but its father is a bastard (figuratively).

"Trouble is the term bastard has become a derogatory one. In affect a swear word. You call someone 'a bastard' because you hate them or they have done something dreadful. Nothing to do with their parents marital status.

In that case, this child is not a bastard (literally) but its father is a bastard (figuratively)."

A bastard of a comment.

"Trouble is the term bastard has become a derogatory one. In affect a swear word. You call someone 'a bastard' because you hate them or they have done something dreadful. Nothing to do with their parents marital status.

In that case, this child is not a bastard (literally) but its father is a bastard (figuratively)."

A bastard of a comment.

"

How childish

*oredEric By *oredEric   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

I remember the metalwork teacher holding up something, “this is a bastard file”. We were so happy.

"

In that case, this child is not a bastard (literally) but its father is a bastard (figuratively).

How childish"

But true

"

How childish

But true "

True or not you can't be proud of such a comment.

XXX pic...
login to view

Using the term Bastard is no illegal, but could be if it was used in a derogatory or threating manner, it is an old fashioned word but it is still the correct one for a child born out of wedlock wether the fathers name is on the birth certificate or not.

"

How childish

But true "

Oh come on EK. If I, or anyone else, had dared to call Corbyn or Starmer a bastard, you would be screaming blue murder by now.

Saying someone is a bastard is pretty mild these days. Others on here have said far worse than that and gone unchallenged.

"I remember the metalwork teacher holding up something, “this is a bastard file”. We were so happy. "

One interesting post lol.

"I remember the metalwork teacher holding up something, “this is a bastard file”. We were so happy.

One interesting post lol. "

What? Just saying we were delighted to be able to go around saying "bastard" at school, normally that was a caning offence. Plus trying to inject a little humour, it gets depressingly angry and serious in here at times.

Although I don't think anyone's come out with, tha's a bastard, and tha knows it! Yet.

"I remember the metalwork teacher holding up something, “this is a bastard file”. We were so happy.

One interesting post lol.

What? Just saying we were delighted to be able to go around saying "bastard" at school, normally that was a caning offence. Plus trying to inject a little humour, it gets depressingly angry and serious in here at times.

Although I don't think anyone's come out with, tha's a bastard, and tha knows it! Yet."

It wasn't sarcasm it was a welcome injection of humour. It reminded me of being told that a shag was a wild bird ... much hilarity ensued.

XXX pic...
login to view

Anyone remember a well known jockey called Malcom Bastard?.

On a similar note the charming Georgian town of Blandford Forum has been called 'a town built by Bastards' as the principle architects were John and William Bastard.

*9al By *9al  (M) 8 weeks ago

the UK now has officially the largest number of deaths from Covid19 in Europe, due to our slow inept PM Boris?

It is a sad day and the appalling figures suggests that something has gone horribly wrong in the way it has been handled. Raab was asked about the figure and didn't answer, just the usual ducking and diving and what a great job we are doing.

"On a similar note the charming Georgian town of Blandford Forum has been called 'a town built by Bastards' as the principle architects were John and William Bastard."

No shortage of bastards.

there is a saying in farming circles that the difference between a good farmer & a bad farmer is 2 weeks. A bad government delays a lockdown for 2 weeks when evidence from China & Italy shows it was inevitable & results in excessive deaths

They were still enjoying the landslide victory in the election then worry about a stupid "flu bug" and when they woke up there was a lot of mumbling. As for that reason bloke? I watched him today as still banging on about "we are listening to the scientists". We all know life ain't going to be the same ever but let's get on with before more lives are lost not due to coronavirus, I've lost all interest in this bug now as all the faulse hope we're being told in the media is making worse for people's health and anxiety.

Ment to say Raab bloke, watching Tuesday in parliament and Mr Hancock is making a total fool of himself, every question he's asked is replied with um ar eh, he said the government has met their mark of 100 thousand test a day and it just ain't true?? And some science bloke has admitted it was a mis-judged decision on calling a lockdown. There is to many flaws in the way it's being run.

A good post amongst so much gossip.

A good post amongst so much gossip.

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

" I've lost all interest in this bug now as all the faulse hope we're being told in the media is making worse for people's health and anxiety. "

Will you have lost interest if the lockdown is removed too quickly and the virus spreads even further. Will you lose interest if you catch it and end up on life-support, because of such measures?

I am still adhering to the guidelines but fully understand the lock-down fatigue. Impossible to predict but I will be surprised if we don't see less compliance next week. I expect Sunday will bring some very vague communication and just another three-week extension to the current situation. I am increasingly reluctant to follow guidelines from a government that appears to be bereft of ideas or clear plans and fudges on many issues. I very much doubt I am the only one losing confidence by the day.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I am still adhering to the guidelines but fully understand the lock-down fatigue. Impossible to predict but I will be surprised if we don't see less compliance next week. I expect Sunday will bring some very vague communication and just another three-week extension to the current situation. I am increasingly reluctant to follow guidelines from a government that appears to be bereft of ideas or clear plans and fudges on many issues. I very much doubt I am the only one losing confidence by the day."

You are not alone. I’m planing to go for a walk, enjoy sunshine and visit cafe to buy coffee

Plenty of negativity as usual but no one coming up with any viable suggestion as to how this situation could be resolved or at least improved. Seems to me nothing but political point scoring from the politically minded or 'expert advice' from Bob the builder, who barely knows how to put a plaster on a cut finger, or Sharon from Facebook who, during normal times, rushes her kids to see an over-worked doctor, with the slightest sniffle.

By *eros54  (M) 8 weeks ago

" I've lost all interest in this bug now as all the faulse hope we're being told in the media is making worse for people's health and anxiety.

Will you have lost interest if the lockdown is removed too quickly and the virus spreads even further. Will you lose interest if you catch it and end up on life-support, because of such measures?"

It's ironic that many I see, online and in the real world, who are now breaking the government guidelines or intend to do so in the near future are so often the same ones saying we should have had the lockdown sooner

If the lockdown had been sooner and these "virus rebels" had lasted the same length of lockdown then they would have all been running around speading COVID19 during it's peak and the deaths might have reached unimaginable proportions.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Plenty of negativity as usual but no one coming up with any viable suggestion as to how this situation could be resolved or at least improved. Seems to me nothing but political point scoring from the politically minded or 'expert advice' from Bob the builder, who barely knows how to put a plaster on a cut finger, or Sharon from Facebook who, during normal times, rushes her kids to see an over-worked doctor, with the slightest sniffle."

Why????

There were a huge number of suggestions.

Or you require us to re-read them one,ore time and put in one single post on forum for you???

Why are you so negative toward us?

"Plenty of negativity as usual but no one coming up with any viable suggestion as to how this situation could be resolved or at least improved. Seems to me nothing but political point scoring from the politically minded or 'expert advice' from Bob the builder, who barely knows how to put a plaster on a cut finger, or Sharon from Facebook who, during normal times, rushes her kids to see an over-worked doctor, with the slightest sniffle."

If you don't like the cynicism, give us a list of all the positives. It is not for us to suggest how the situation could be resolved - that is for the experts (and they are probably not busy on this forum) and the government (headless chickens comes to mind). My cynicism is not based on Bob, Sharon of Rachel that you and your sidekick keep denigrating as I don't use social media so have no idea what they are saying.

" I've lost all interest in this bug now as all the faulse hope we're being told in the media is making worse for people's health and anxiety.

Will you have lost interest if the lockdown is removed too quickly and the virus spreads even further. Will you lose interest if you catch it and end up on life-support, because of such measures?

It's ironic that many I see, online and in the real world, who are now breaking the government guidelines or intend to do so in the near future are so often the same ones saying we should have had the lockdown sooner

If the lockdown had been sooner and these "virus rebels" had lasted the same length of lockdown then they would have all been running around speading COVID19 during it's peak and the deaths might have reached unimaginable proportions."

You may be right but I think your calculations are off?. If lock-down had occurred two weeks earlier (9 March) six and a half weeks later would be around 23 April, whereas the peak is said to have been around 8 April. Unless the peak shifted due to earlier lock-down, we would have been in lock-down at the peak and not running around spreading the virus. Truth is nobody knows what 'could' have happened under different circumstances, just as nobody knows what 'will' happen in the future. But there does seem to be a lot of suggestions from experts in various fields that the change of course on testing and the delay in other action were questionable decisions.

By *ohnE  (M) 8 weeks ago

Do you truly believe she will not be given special treatment? Even if you believe Bozo is the country's saviour, what has she done for the country? Does popping out his latest kid count as service to the country?"

How on earth can I possibly know the level or quality of treatment someone might receive in the future? No crystal ball here. It's wrong to assume that anyone will receive "special treatment" regardless of their standing in life. Even if offered it doesn't mean it will be accepted.

i'm sure she will receive adequate treatment as anyone would do.

By *ohnE  (M) 8 weeks ago

Eastkenter. " Truth is nobody knows what 'could' have happened under different circumstances, just as nobody knows what 'will' happen in the future."

Of course you are right. It is a pity that even though we all know you are right we (the general public) insist on commenting as if we know a lot more than everyone else.

XXX pic...
login to view

It's difficult to understand why anyone would want to flaunt the lockdown rules when you can see the number of new infections and deaths going down so slowly.

Is it that you don't believe the government line that contact and spreading the virus feeds into deaths?

The numbers of people in intensive care beds is going down but sadly a major transport route out of intensive care is in a box!

I can understand boredom and disillusionment creeping in but what sort of people kill others because they think the government is rubbish?

Oh so the knob head scientist that advised the government to lockdown so he could shag someone's else's wife is what the general people want to hear?? The whole charade is making Britain the biggest joke out of it!! Whitty needs to go, that jenny woman can take over dot cotton, Hancock why?? Raab why again?? Look at the rest of the world as they ain't putting up with the fucking scientists. My mind is made up now for next week, we being younger than some that think the government is doing a good job are on their pensions and really don't give a shit about the one's that still have job's or business's so relish the lockdown but why oh why don't you wake up and think of the great British workers wanting it over?? Your truly beyond me?? If you've got health issues stay in? In ten years time when some of you have left this world look down and see how the not so great Britain is doing?? Boris has proved himself to be the biggest cunt as not making daily updates to the country that voted not for him but his shambles of a party..

"It's difficult to understand why anyone would want to flaunt the lockdown rules when you can see the number of new infections and deaths going down so slowly.

Is it that you don't believe the government line that contact and spreading the virus feeds into deaths?

The numbers of people in intensive care beds is going down but sadly a major transport route out of intensive care is in a box!

I can understand boredom and disillusionment creeping in but what sort of people kill others because they think the government is rubbish?"

Hadn't both he and his girlfriend had the virus? If so I'm sure that would make a lot of difference to how you felt about meeting together and any danger from doing so.

However I think the most important issue is how it might affect the public perception of lockdown and how those who are ignorant of medical issues and how the virus spreads might see it as a green light to do the same and maybe have hundreds of deaths on their hands by doing so.

He has resigned and that is a good thing.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 8 weeks ago

I think the negativity is Government led. They offer little in the way of hope. Now it looks like they are going to bend to public will and reverse some of the lockdown measures. Although if the press is to be believed and that’s a big if. Parliament is not getting the announcement first.

Fortunately, Bob the builder and Sharon from Facebook never sought election to the highest offices in the land. They just helped Bozo on his way there, by lending him their votes. They did that because they thought Bozo and Co had a plan. They are now finding out to their cost that they don’t have a clue. It is not Bob or Sharon’s job to come up with a plan it is Bozo’s. Unless of course he plans of resigning. His level of competence should be sufficient reason

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 8 weeks ago

"

Why????

Or you require us to re-read them one,ore time and put in one single post on forum for you???

Why are you so negative toward us?"

He doesn't hear or see opinions unless sanctioned by the desk of Dominic Cummings. If you go against the great leader it is tantamount to treason

"Plenty of negativity as usual but no one coming up with any viable suggestion as to how this situation could be resolved or at least improved. Seems to me nothing but political point scoring from the politically minded or 'expert advice' from Bob the builder, who barely knows how to put a plaster on a cut finger, or Sharon from Facebook who, during normal times, rushes her kids to see an over-worked doctor, with the slightest sniffle.

I think the negativity is Government led. They offer little in the way of hope. Now it looks like they are going to bend to public will and reverse some of the lockdown measures. Although if the press is to be believed and that’s a big if. Parliament is not getting the announcement first.

Fortunately, Bob the builder and Sharon from Facebook never sought election to the highest offices in the land. They just helped Bozo on his way there, by lending him their votes. They did that because they thought Bozo and Co had a plan. They are now finding out to their cost that they don’t have a clue. It is not Bob or Sharon’s job to come up with a plan it is Bozo’s. Unless of course he plans of resigning. His level of competence should be sufficient reason

"

I rest my case about negativity. You always have plenty of criticism but never anything positive to say

"

Why????

Why are you so negative toward us?

He doesn't hear or see opinions unless sanctioned by the desk of Dominic Cummings. If you go against the great leader it is tantamount to treason"

Here we go again. Boring. Boring. Boring

"Plenty of negativity as usual but no one coming up with any viable suggestion as to how this situation could be resolved or at least improved. Seems to me nothing but political point scoring from the politically minded or 'expert advice' from Bob the builder, who barely knows how to put a plaster on a cut finger, or Sharon from Facebook who, during normal times, rushes her kids to see an over-worked doctor, with the slightest sniffle.

I rest my case about negativity. You always have plenty of criticism but never anything positive to say"

Give us the list of things to be positive about and then our cynicism might diminish. The Bob, Sharon and Rachel you denigrate are not expected to provide solutions unless they are elected members of Bozo's crew. But judging by those like Raab and Jenrick, perhaps a change might be a good thing.

I think we would be very fortunate indeed if we had much to be positive at the present time with so many around us sick or dying of an unstoppable (at present) virus but I think the accusation of negativity relates to those who are of a generally negative nature in most posts (I haven't bothered to check because one man's negativity is probably another man's optimism lol).

I'm positive about my good health at the moment and as far as I know all my family and friends are also ok .. so that's great!

I was in Stoke Mandeville hospital today and there is a fairly upbeat mood among staff regarding the virus but they are concerned about relaxing the lockdown too soon. They felt they are getting a lot of support from everyone during the crisis (public, government, colleagues and volunteers) so that is another positive.

Let's just see what the buffoon says in his speech on Sunday and then we'll see what negativity will come from it?? I for one say small businesses should be allowed with striked instructions should to open, schools should start back in September as it's to late as a third of the year has been lost but students who are to sit exams should be allowed to sign these for their future studies, pub's with limited customers so no mass social gathering, sports with again no mass gathering, we have to realise life will go on and have to get on with it. Let's see what's said on Sunday and then see how the British public will react. I hope it's a positive answer as it may not be pretty for Boris and his boy's!!!

*usansilkysubcd By *usansilkysubcd  (TV/TS/CD) 8 weeks ago

One of my best friends is a critical care nurse and he also says there is a lot of positivity about in the NHS, don’t always believe the media. They don’t like reporting anything good it doesn’t sell. As for lockdown it’s pretty obvious there will be easing of restrictions soon. Unfortunately not everything will be open and back to normal. I would personally love for the pubs to reopen and the football to restart but I really can’t see the point in either. Not for a few months anyway. It’s not worth the risk.

"

I rest my case about negativity. You always have plenty of criticism but never anything positive to say"

And your great hope for the future. Is a man who wouldn’t know the truth if it jumped up and bit him. Who has the morals of an ally cat? Who breaks his own rules without punishment, but expects everyone else to follow them.

Who is now considering cutting the Furlough scheme to 60% of wages even though it was them that cam up with the idea in the first place. Most people have lifestyles that are based around their income. Their mortgage is based on that, their car finance, credit cards etc. They had a right to expect their lifestyle would continue and that their safe jobs would continue to finance that life style. This government put them in the new scheme now they propose cutting it. Some people may be in furlough until considerably later this year. Your Great Leader offers nothing but misery. It isn’t my job to come up with suggestions to save this clueless Tory Government. They got themselves in this mess all by themselves.

If you want a minister for propaganda I am sure there are one or two friendly Journalists out there that still hand on every word of Dominic Cummings. But you won’t find solace here.

We can only deal with things as we find them your Tory Government depresses the country faster than they are depressing the economy. It is surely up to them to show us the green shoots of optimism.

"

Here we go again. Boring. Boring. Boring"

You better make sure Dominic sanctioned that. He’s not usually guilty of repetition. But some of his followers find it difficult to keep up with him

"

You better make sure Dominic sanctioned that. He’s not usually guilty of repetition. But some of his followers find it difficult to keep up with him "

You are really not worth talking to and it is certainly impossible to debate with you. Just non-stop negative and very childish comments

"

You better make sure Dominic sanctioned that. He’s not usually guilty of repetition. But some of his followers find it difficult to keep up with him

You are really not worth talking to and it is certainly impossible to debate with you. Just non-stop negative and very childish comments"

So, you consider Bozo’s Government a success. With the highest death toll bar, the USA. Over 30 thousand recorded so far and that’s not counting care homes and people not dying in hospital.

If that’s a success, I’m a Tory voter.

Your government is already talking about reducing the furlough payments as it’s costing too much. FFS they have only made one payment, and they haven’t paid a penny out to the self-employed yet.

Is that a success?

Poor Bozo today, didn’t have his choir behind him, and could barely answer a question.

Perhaps that was a success?

It may be boring for you. Unfortunately, it’s not boring for the rest of the country. Ordinary people are the ones who are suffering. They are the people who put their trust in Bozo and Co, now they are reaping that dividend of uncertainty.

You may consider my comments childish, I won’t lose sleep over that. However, the country is losing more than sleep because of the ineptitude of your “Great Leader”

When I heard the furlough will be reduced to 60% that's when I thought?? No matter how happy some are not working and being paid this will kick them right in the crutch!! Then they'll realise?? How the fuck are we to get by on that?? If you're furlough you're still obligations to pay your mortgage, financial loans and utility bills. I hope these people then realise how the small business's are coping?? The NHS has done a superb job in coping and would have done without the government as that's their job. The government shat themselves as they didn't react when advised from the start. Let's hope this speech on Sunday has many positive answer's for human sanity as many will go pop if not especially now their comfortable wages have dropped. Some live on the wages earned and certainly will kick off when they ain't got it.

"One of my best friends is a critical care nurse and he also says there is a lot of positivity about in the NHS, don’t always believe the media. They don’t like reporting anything good it doesn’t sell. As for lockdown it’s pretty obvious there will be easing of restrictions soon. Unfortunately not everything will be open and back to normal. I would personally love for the pubs to reopen and the football to restart but I really can’t see the point in either. Not for a few months anyway. It’s not worth the risk. "

Overall most hospitals and staff have been satisfied with the way they have been treated but as you say it doesn't make interesting news so the media will always find a negative.

I think it is a case of managing expectations about what the Great Leader may say on Sunday. Looks likely that it could be another three weeks of house arrest with a bit of tinkering such as allowing golf courses to reopen. I doubt they have any ideas about opening up the economy yet so will want another three weeks of a very slightly different form of lock-down to try to get their act together. Judging by their performance to date, that might not be long enough and they will want another three weeks. They will blame it all on the 'science' as they are hardly likely to acknowledge their own ineptitude.

"One of my best friends is a critical care nurse and he also says there is a lot of positivity about in the NHS, don’t always believe the media. They don’t like reporting anything good it doesn’t sell. As for lockdown it’s pretty obvious there will be easing of restrictions soon. Unfortunately not everything will be open and back to normal. I would personally love for the pubs to reopen and the football to restart but I really can’t see the point in either. Not for a few months anyway. It’s not worth the risk.

Overall most hospitals and staff have been satisfied with the way they have been treated but as you say it doesn't make interesting news so the media will always find a negative. "

There is no way of knowing what most hospitals and staff feel unless you have done in-depth research among thousands of the staff. I only know a handful of NHS staff - they were previously fans of Bozo but have surprised me with some of their comments about him now. Gone off him in a big way.

"

You are really not worth talking to and it is certainly impossible to debate with you. Just non-stop negative and very childish comments

So, you consider Bozo’s Government a success. With the highest death toll bar, the USA. Over 30 thousand recorded so far and that’s not counting care homes and people not dying in hospital.

Your government is already talking about reducing the furlough payments as it’s costing too much. FFS they have only made one payment, and they haven’t paid a penny out to the self-employed yet.

Is that a success?

Poor Bozo today, didn’t have his choir behind him, and could barely answer a question.

It may be boring for you. Unfortunately, it’s not boring for the rest of the country. Ordinary people are the ones who are suffering. They are the people who put their trust in Bozo and Co, now they are reaping that dividend of uncertainty.

You may consider my comments childish, I won’t lose sleep over that. However, the country is losing more than sleep because of the ineptitude of your “Great Leader”

"

Actually the death toll is counting people from care homes, that’s why it’s jumped. And as of today the UK has the fifth highest death rate per population, not the highest. I know it’s just numbers and leftards don’t seem to really understand them, but facts are facts.

As for furlough they said from the outset it would only be until June, people can’t expect to sit on their arses forever making excuses not to go to work. I know it’s the leftard mantra but still. Also a lot of self employed people with premises have already received between £10,000 and £25,000 through their local councils. The rest have been able to claim universal credit until the self employment scheme kicks in on 16th May. And let’s not forget all the lazy and useless on benefits are still getting theirs in full, in fact they are better off because they can’t get their daily dose of beer from the pub or their latest tattoo.

Do try and get at least one fact straight in your hourly rant m’dear.

"

Is that a success?

Actually the death toll is counting people from care homes, that’s why it’s jumped. And as of today the UK has the fifth highest death rate per population, not the highest. I know it’s just numbers and leftards don’t seem to really understand them, but facts are facts.

As for furlough they said from the outset it would only be until June, people can’t expect to sit on their arses forever making excuses not to go to work. I know it’s the leftard mantra but still. Also a lot of self employed people with premises have already received between £10,000 and £25,000 through their local councils. The rest have been able to claim universal credit until the self employment scheme kicks in on 16th May. And let’s not forget all the lazy and useless on benefits are still getting theirs in full, in fact they are better off because they can’t get their daily dose of beer from the pub or their latest tattoo.

Do try and get at least one fact straight in your hourly rant m’dear."

I think you’ll find those figures only include some from care homes and none from out with the care community. Now the Scottish Government they were more honest. They pointed out the lag in non hospital deaths but included all the figures so that people were aware of the mortality rate.

So, by your reckoning 1 fact wrong. So, you agree the rest of Bozo and Co’s diligence is a success? I suppose once you got your ten grand off the local council that sorted you out for a bit. Unfortunately, the rest of the country is not as lucky as you. They probably haven’t been paying business rates so didn’t get that little 10 grand bonus. If you think people voted Tory last December so they could look forward to a long hot spring and summer of universal credit. Your more delusional than Nordic-Knight. I suppose the last part of the last paragraph shows the difference between the Rabid Right of the Tories and the rest of the sane world. Keep doing what you are doing. Every extra day of misery you Tories inflict will be returned to you 10-fold at the ballot boxes. You may postpone some elections this year but you can run but you can’t hide. Sooner or later you’ll have to put your record up to the same public who visit those pubs and get those tattoos I wonder how they will vote next time, that there is no Jezza the Bogyman hiding round the corner

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

"One of my best friends is a critical care nurse and he also says there is a lot of positivity about in the NHS, don’t always believe the media. They don’t like reporting anything good it doesn’t sell. As for lockdown it’s pretty obvious there will be easing of restrictions soon. Unfortunately not everything will be open and back to normal. I would personally love for the pubs to reopen and the football to restart but I really can’t see the point in either. Not for a few months anyway. It’s not worth the risk.

Overall most hospitals and staff have been satisfied with the way they have been treated but as you say it doesn't make interesting news so the media will always find a negative. "

I'm not sure that the workers in care homes feel the same way.

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

It is devastating that people in care homes are dying, but of course our wonderful press do not report all that facts. Around 80% of care homes are privately owned. Both by huge companies like BUPA, or individuals, many of whom reap the benefits with high fees, whilst under-funding their homes. (Not all are like this). Private care homes are not in the NHS supply line and are responsible for managing their own stocks of equipment. I don't think anyone could have foreseen the problems this virus has caused, but at least (belatedly) the govt now now taken some action.

It should also be mentioned that care homes are governed by the Care Quality Commission who refused to allow care home staff to carry out testing until they had had 'weeks' of training.

This is a world-wide crisis and not everything is the governments fault. Just use a bit of perspective and common sense.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *pud1965  (M) 8 weeks ago

Here we go more SNP biased shite from you. You really need to move back to Scotland and see the mess the SNP is doing.

As for honest reporting, yes they started to include Care Home deaths before the rest of the UK, but they only release once a week, they do not include within the community.

"

Is that a success?

Rightards don't seem to understand figures either, or at least only those that suit them. We were told that 20,000 deaths would be a good outcome. We have already exceeded that by more than 50%, so the logical conclusion is that our current figures constitute a poor outcome. The figures are not even 'OK, considering ...', they are appalling. Little surprise that our government's response is garnering criticism from all round the world. No, I am not a scientist and don't have the answers; neither does Cummings but we seem to be following him like some kind of Messiah.

Why are you leftards so obsessed with Cummings? Contrary to your little fantasies he does not run the country. But that doesn't suit your little blame game does it?

if Cummings does not run the country, he is not a scientist why is he in the Sage meetings? was he at the Cobra meetings Boris could not be bothered to attend ?

"Why are you leftards so obsessed with Cummings? Contrary to your little fantasies he does not run the country. But that doesn't suit your little blame game does it?"

Why are you rightards so blind that you can't see the influence he has? If we can't blame Cummings we will have to blame his boss, and we all know how you hate criticism of the Great Bozo. Even his most devoted fans must start to see that he cannot justifiably claim any great success thus far. Will be interesting to see his performance on Sunday - I'm guessing it'll be short on fact but long on bluster and florid metaphors. Hope I'm wrong, but ...

"if Cummings does not run the country, he is not a scientist why is he in the Sage meetings? was he at the Cobra meetings Boris could not be bothered to attend ? "

He is certainly not a scientist. I believe he is qualified in Ancient History but couldn't be bothered to check.

What is this obsession with blaming anybody? I doubt anyone would have handled this pandemic any better and certainly no one could have stopped it. It's a worldwide thing and every country is affected. We may have the highest death rate but we are also the most densely populated apart from The Netherlands and Belgium but their general population is lower.

I'm not even sure how Cummings has got into the equation without reading through the lengthy witterings of certain members which I'm really not in the mood to do. I'm not a fan of Cummings at all. Prime Ministers seem to make some poor choices of their special advisors. Mrs May had a right pair of clowns who, in all probability, cost her the election. Then there was Tony Blair with the over-powering, pompous Alastair Campbell. Oh yes and I know I will be shot down in flames for mentioning the sacred cow, but Corbyn had the sinister Trotskyite Seamus Milne.

XXX pic...
login to view

"What is this obsession with blaming anybody? I doubt anyone would have handled this pandemic any better and certainly no one could have stopped it. It's a worldwide thing and every country is affected. We may have the highest death rate but we are also the most densely populated apart from The Netherlands and Belgium but their general population is lower.

I'm not even sure how Cummings has got into the equation without reading through the lengthy witterings of certain members which I'm really not in the mood to do. I'm not a fan of Cummings at all. Prime Ministers seem to make some poor choices of their special advisors. Mrs May had a right pair of clowns who, in all probability, cost her the election. Then there was Tony Blair with the over-powering, pompous Alastair Campbell. Oh yes and I know I will be shot down in flames for mentioning the sacred cow, but Corbyn had the sinister Trotskyite Seamus Milne."

Don’t doubt! Clearly, all countries in Europe + almost all outside except our biggest friend (and last hope) USA.

So, don’t doubt

XXX pic...
login to view

"What is this obsession with blaming anybody? I doubt anyone would have handled this pandemic any better and certainly no one could have stopped it. It's a worldwide thing and every country is affected. We may have the highest death rate but we are also the most densely populated apart from The Netherlands and Belgium but their general population is lower.

I'm not even sure how Cummings has got into the equation without reading through the lengthy witterings of certain members which I'm really not in the mood to do. I'm not a fan of Cummings at all. Prime Ministers seem to make some poor choices of their special advisors. Mrs May had a right pair of clowns who, in all probability, cost her the election. Then there was Tony Blair with the over-powering, pompous Alastair Campbell. Oh yes and I know I will be shot down in flames for mentioning the sacred cow, but Corbyn had the sinister Trotskyite Seamus Milne."

BJ ‘seams to make’- again, no, not seams to make... he did make...

Cummings is clearly a real our pm. Not sure that such man can be still in by any managerial figure only if.... (ok, this is out of our subject)

*elicityfellatio By *elicityfellatio  (TV/TS/CD) 8 weeks ago

Isn't it quite ironic how we now have an unelected beaurocrat in control?

There you go again citing numerous examples of poor choices in the belief that many wrongs make a right. At least you admit that Bozo made a poor choice. As for lengthy witterings, there is surely no need to read back over your contributions as I'm sure you must be able to remember what you wittered about.

Whether or not anyone else would have handled the pandemic better is meaningless conjecture. We are stuck with the government we have and can only judge their handling of it. The way you express it, you make it sound as if you think it has been handled successfully and that a death toll of 32000+ and rising is somehow a 'success'. I don't believe you are really that foolish, but your blind deference to everything the current government says and does does seems bizarre. Even the slightest questioning and you are on it, deflecting and spinning thinks into an alternative reality.

"Isn't it quite ironic how we now have an unelected beaurocrat in control? "

Indeed it is, especially as that was one of the reasons given for leaving the EU !!!

And with you, Eastkenter, it is just a blind hatred of everything this government does. Do you seriously think things would have been better under that bumbling fool Corbyn and his gang of misfits?

Oops there I go again. Over-stepping the mark. Forgot that I must not mention the holy of holies.

"Here we go more SNP biased shite from you. You really need to move back to Scotland and see the mess the SNP is doing.

As for honest reporting, yes they started to include Care Home deaths before the rest of the UK, but they only release once a week, they do not include within the community."

No bias only fact. The First Minister of Scotland is respected across the political divide in Scotland and beyond.

So, they did report more accurate figures. Where’s your problem with that?

I hear North Korea is nice this time of year they don’t allow criticism of the “great Leader”. I’m not sure you can get a direct flight from Heathrow but it should be possible via some Chinese airports or perhaps Vladivostok

"if Cummings does not run the country, he is not a scientist why is he in the Sage meetings? was he at the Cobra meetings Boris could not be bothered to attend ? "

He's Bozo's puppet master, there can be no other reason

Only the ones in charge. They are the ones who made the decisions on behalf of us all. We are already at over 30,000 deaths and climbing, the real figure is no doubt higher.

How can anyone in their right mind suggest this is a success? Bozo himself at PMQ’s stated you can’t compare to other countries. Yet in the daily briefing they produce a map saying we are the second worse by head of population (Government Slide). Population density has little to do with it. We have more deaths as a result of Covid 19 than any other country in the world bar the USA.

Why not try to spin it onto other former Prime Ministers Special Advisors. I point out they are not there making the decisions or advising. Cummings is. What the hell qualification does he have to sit on SAGE.

This Tory Government is a failure they are bereft of policies with the exception of “Get Brexit Done”. We should have today been electing local governments in England and Wales and some other local councils elsewhere in our Kingdom. We should have been electing Police and Crime Commissioners, but they postponed those elections. What allows South Korea a country that seems to have protected it citizens to have a general election during it’s lockdown, when we are not allowed to make a decision on our local council.

Poor Government

"There you go again citing numerous examples of poor choices in the belief that many wrongs make a right. At least you admit that Bozo made a poor choice. As for lengthy witterings, there is surely no need to read back over your contributions as I'm sure you must be able to remember what you wittered about.

Whether or not anyone else would have handled the pandemic better is meaningless conjecture. We are stuck with the government we have and can only judge their handling of it. The way you express it, you make it sound as if you think it has been handled successfully and that a death toll of 32000+ and rising is somehow a 'success'. I don't believe you are really that foolish, but your blind deference to everything the current government says and does does seems bizarre. Even the slightest questioning and you are on it, deflecting and spinning thinks into an alternative reality."

XXX pic...
login to view

"There you go again citing numerous examples of poor choices in the belief that many wrongs make a right. At least you admit that Bozo made a poor choice. As for lengthy witterings, there is surely no need to read back over your contributions as I'm sure you must be able to remember what you wittered about.

Whether or not anyone else would have handled the pandemic better is meaningless conjecture. We are stuck with the government we have and can only judge their handling of it. The way you express it, you make it sound as if you think it has been handled successfully and that a death toll of 32000+ and rising is somehow a 'success'. I don't believe you are really that foolish, but your blind deference to everything the current government says and does does seems bizarre. Even the slightest questioning and you are on it, deflecting and spinning thinks into an alternative reality."

And soon they need to add fatalities from outside hospitals....

Deeply in shock... do they really can so easily kill so many people...

"And with you, Eastkenter, it is just a blind hatred of everything this government does. Do you seriously think things would have been better under that bumbling fool Corbyn and his gang of misfits?

Oops there I go again. Over-stepping the mark. Forgot that I must not mention the holy of holies."

I wouldn't even bother to answer that question as it would be pure conjecture. You seem to be suggesting that another fictitious government would have done better or worse, which is fantasy. As I already said, we can only judge those in power on their (in)action.

"And with you, Eastkenter, it is just a blind hatred of everything this government does. Do you seriously think things would have been better under that bumbling fool Corbyn and his gang of misfits?

Oops there I go again. Over-stepping the mark. Forgot that I must not mention the holy of holies.

I wouldn't even bother to answer that question as it would be pure conjecture. You seem to be suggesting that another fictitious government would have done better or worse, which is fantasy. As I already said, we can only judge those in power on their (in)action.

No, they are not fictitious.... personally for me they just criminals (mass human slaughter)"

A government led by Corbyn as referred to by NK to back up his argument of the present government's success is fictitious as it has never happened. The present government has presided over the situation and only they can be judged, not some fantasy government that has never been in power.

So nothing positive as usual. Just the usual anti-government rants. Nothing new there. No suggestions. No solutions. Just the usual 'I hate Boris' [or whatever childish name you are giving him this week] 'I hate all Conservative and all the people who dared vote for them' and 'Everything this government does is wrong because I say so' All same old, same old and very tedious

BTW I didn't bother to read Tessa M's contribution. Far more important things to do with my time.

Give us your list of positives so that we can share in your optimism. Along with your suggestions and solutions other than just blind support of the government. None of the quotes you give appear in any of the posts on this forum - they are from your over-active imagination.

"So nothing positive as usual. Just the usual anti-government rants. Nothing new there. No suggestions. No solutions. Just the usual 'I hate Boris' [or whatever childish name you are giving him this week] 'I hate all Conservative and all the people who dared vote for them' and 'Everything this government does is wrong because I say so' All same old, same old and very tedious

BTW I didn't bother to read Tessa M's contribution. Far more important things to do with my time."

How did you know it was me

"Give us your list of positives so that we can share in your optimism. Along with your suggestions and solutions other than just blind support of the government. None of the quotes you give appear in any of the posts on this forum - they are from your over-active imagination. "

He hasn't got any. He's a Tory with blinkered vision. Don’t you know the have no opinions just it’s not the Trots, the Marxists, Leftard or whatever new insult they can throw.

They are found out now. Bereft of ideas, no one to blame but themselves. I wonder how they are going to spin this one. Even their government lackey newspapers are turning on them. Soon those Tory MP’s returned a few months ago will realise that Bozo and Co are levering their snouts out of the trough and they’ll turn on him.

Oh, I do like a good tory Civil war always plenty of bloodletting.

Poor Bozo is now caught between a rock and a hard place, he has effectively briefed that the lockdown is easing. So, he’s the one to blame if it’s too early. Raab says no easing of the lockdown only a way out planned so don’t go out this bank holiday weekend. Confusing messages form a government without a clue

"So nothing positive as usual. Just the usual anti-government rants. Nothing new there. No suggestions. No solutions. Just the usual 'I hate Boris' [or whatever childish name you are giving him this week] 'I hate all Conservative and all the people who dared vote for them' and 'Everything this government does is wrong because I say so' All same old, same old and very tedious

BTW I didn't bother to read Tessa M's contribution. Far more important things to do with my time.

How did you know it was me "

Erm your name appears above your posts. Bet that must come as quite a shock to you

Erm your name appears above your posts. Bet that must come as quite a shock to you"

Is that your list of positives to help us all feel more optimistic?

"It is devastating that people in care homes are dying, but of course our wonderful press do not report all that facts. Around 80% of care homes are privately owned. Both by huge companies like BUPA, or individuals, many of whom reap the benefits with high fees, whilst under-funding their homes. (Not all are like this). Private care homes are not in the NHS supply line and are responsible for managing their own stocks of equipment. I don't think anyone could have foreseen the problems this virus has caused, but at least (belatedly) the govt now now taken some action.

It should also be mentioned that care homes are governed by the Care Quality Commission who refused to allow care home staff to carry out testing until they had had 'weeks' of training.

This is a world-wide crisis and not everything is the governments fault. Just use a bit of perspective and common sense."

Bloody hell. I'm glad I scrolled back through the posts to see if there were any informative or interesting ones.

Erm your name appears above your posts. Bet that must come as quite a shock to you"

No not at all. But you told me yesterday you were ignoring me. I guess that’s another broken tory promise

"

Is that a success?

XXX pic...
login to view

BTW I didn't bother to read Tessa M's contribution. Far more important things to do with my time."

Are you crying?????

We are not anti-govt.... we just don’t want they make people die... just because they are incompetent...

But you if course can love them... ‘fantastic work’, ‘fantastic response/result’, ‘we are doing what we can’ - these all are not my taste... prefer humanity instead BJ herd immunity

Oh dear Anello. You seem to have given up thinking for yourself and fallen under the spell of the others

"Oh dear Anello. You seem to have given up thinking for yourself and fallen under the spell of the others"

Knowing your arrogance, I bet you would think he was a great independent thinker if he agreed with you that the government is doing just fine. Has your spell stopped working? Aaaah.

Speaking of arrogance just how arrogant is it to have to jump in to defend someone who. I would have thought was capable of defending himself. Unless, of course he has fallen totally under you and your sidekick's spell.

"Speaking of arrogance just how arrogant is it to have to jump in to defend someone who. I would have thought was capable of defending himself. Unless, of course he has fallen totally under you and your sidekick's spell."

Tell that to your sidekick next time he defends you. I don't cast spells, I leave that to witches.

Who wrote this "And let’s not forget all the lazy and useless on benefits are still getting theirs in full,..."?

Not everyone on benefits chooses to be on benefits, the vast majority would rather be in gainful employment, or to be fit and healthy enough to be in gainful employment.

I assume whoever wrote that would prefer done kind of selection process ending with gas showers and crematoria?

Whoever wrote it was channeling their inner Reinhard Heydrich, it's an absolutely disgusting thing to have written. In fact, the person concerned feel free to block me, I do not want to read your fascist drivel.

"I think we would be very fortunate indeed if we had much to be positive at the present time with so many around us sick or dying of an unstoppable (at present) virus but I think the accusation of negativity relates to those who are of a generally negative nature in most posts (I haven't bothered to check because one man's negativity is probably another man's optimism lol).

I'm positive about my good health at the moment and as far as I know all my family and friends are also ok .. so that's great!

I was in Stoke Mandeville hospital today and there is a fairly upbeat mood among staff regarding the virus but they are concerned about relaxing the lockdown too soon. They felt they are getting a lot of support from everyone during the crisis (public, government, colleagues and volunteers) so that is another positive.

"

XXX pic...
login to view

"Oh dear Anello. You seem to have given up thinking for yourself and fallen under the spell of the others"

Unfortunately for you it never happen....

Seriously, I think you became too sensitive to opinions...

XXX pic...
login to view

"Speaking of arrogance just how arrogant is it to have to jump in to defend someone who. I would have thought was capable of defending himself. Unless, of course he has fallen totally under you and your sidekick's spell.

Tell that to your sidekick next time he defends you. I don't cast spells, I leave that to witches."

Omg, guys, relax... you already know that I say what I think....

It means I can offence everyone who doesn’t accept opinion of others....

"It's difficult to understand why anyone would want to flaunt the lockdown rules when you can see the number of new infections and deaths going down so slowly.

I can understand boredom and disillusionment creeping in but what sort of people kill others because they think the government is rubbish?"

"Who wrote this "And let’s not forget all the lazy and useless on benefits are still getting theirs in full,..."?

Not everyone on benefits chooses to be on benefits, the vast majority would rather be in gainful employment, or to be fit and healthy enough to be in gainful employment.

I assume whoever wrote that would prefer done kind of selection process ending with gas showers and crematoria?

Whoever wrote it was channeling their inner Reinhard Heydrich, it's an absolutely disgusting thing to have written. In fact, the person concerned feel free to block me, I do not want to read your fascist drivel."

"One of my best friends is a critical care nurse and he also says there is a lot of positivity about in the NHS, don’t always believe the media. They don’t like reporting anything good it doesn’t sell. As for lockdown it’s pretty obvious there will be easing of restrictions soon. Unfortunately not everything will be open and back to normal. I would personally love for the pubs to reopen and the football to restart but I really can’t see the point in either. Not for a few months anyway. It’s not worth the risk. "

Never worth taking any chances.

Leave school's and sports til September to late to get back into the swing of things. It's the working economy that has to be dealt with first. When I see the self employed person on the news that lost now has to claim universal credit and has decided to stay on it as they will use the excuse there ain't any jobs around but work under ground and take cash in hand, this is why I hope this speech on Sunday will be what most of the country wants. If more people follow this person by claiming benefits and taking cash in hand work we'll never get the economy back. When the person said the conservative government fucked them over so they'll fuck them over how many more will decide to follow?? One of my employee's has said they may go down that route if Sundays speech is not the result they want. The government has to stop listening to the adviser's and scientists now and listen to the country. More jobs have been lost again this week and no hope for further employment. Boris and his team have made such a mess and I know some on here will jump to his defence but face it?? We in the working world have been fucked over..

"Who wrote this "And let’s not forget all the lazy and useless on benefits are still getting theirs in full,..."?

Whoever wrote it was channeling their inner Reinhard Heydrich, it's an absolutely disgusting thing to have written. In fact, the person concerned feel free to block me, I do not want to read your fascist drivel."

It was me who wrote it. And I was talking about the many thousands who consider living on benefits a lifestyle, not the bad back brigade. As for your distasteful comments about the Holocaust, I am part Jewish, so a lot of my ancestors were murdered by socialist antisemetic parasites like you who thought it was okay to persecute and steal from hardworking successful individuals while they sat on their backsides all day thinking the world owed them something for nothing. Consider yourself blocked.

XXX pic...
login to view

This address to the nation on Sunday is wrong in my opinion. This speech should be made in Parliament, even The Speaker has admonished him.

He is circumventing any form of scrutiny by bypassing Parliament.

Not so long ago, I and others suggested it would be a good thing for the government to outline plans for easing lockdown, without a fixed time line and with the requisite caveats. That idea was immediately criticised on the grounds it would give people false hopes. Bozo is now set to do something along those lines on Sunday, allegedly because he sees the need to provide people with some glimmer of 'light at the end of the tunnel'. I wonder what has changed for the better in recent weeks to now make that a viable option, and it will be interesting to see if the same people who were highly critical of such an idea will do a swift U-turn and now argue that it is a great idea because it comes from the Great Leader and is part of his 'success' in dealing with the crisis. I hope the amended guidance will be clearly communicated as there are still a lot of mixed messages coming out. We need a clear and consistent message, not more bluster and flowery metaphors. We can but hope.

"This address to the nation on Sunday is wrong in my opinion. This speech should be made in Parliament, even The Speaker has admonished him.

He is circumventing any form of scrutiny by bypassing Parliament."

I agree, but he has a good record for avoiding scrutiny.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Not so long ago, I and others suggested it would be a good thing for the government to outline plans for easing lockdown, without a fixed time line and with the requisite caveats. That idea was immediately criticised on the grounds it would give people false hopes. Bozo is now set to do something along those lines on Sunday, allegedly because he sees the need to provide people with some glimmer of 'light at the end of the tunnel'. I wonder what has changed for the better in recent weeks to now make that a viable option, and it will be interesting to see if the same people who were highly critical of such an idea will do a swift U-turn and now argue that it is a great idea because it comes from the Great Leader and is part of his 'success' in dealing with the crisis. I hope the amended guidance will be clearly communicated as there are still a lot of mixed messages coming out. We need a clear and consistent message, not more bluster and flowery metaphors. We can but hope."

Is that glimmer of light coming from a tunnel that stretches to Germany, South Korea or Taiwan? I'd feel better if it was.

"Not so long ago, I and others suggested it would be a good thing for the government to outline plans for easing lockdown, without a fixed time line and with the requisite caveats. That idea was immediately criticised on the grounds it would give people false hopes. Bozo is now set to do something along those lines on Sunday, allegedly because he sees the need to provide people with some glimmer of 'light at the end of the tunnel'. I wonder what has changed for the better in recent weeks to now make that a viable option, and it will be interesting to see if the same people who were highly critical of such an idea will do a swift U-turn and now argue that it is a great idea because it comes from the Great Leader and is part of his 'success' in dealing with the crisis. I hope the amended guidance will be clearly communicated as there are still a lot of mixed messages coming out. We need a clear and consistent message, not more bluster and flowery metaphors. We can but hope.

Is that glimmer of light coming from a tunnel that stretches to Germany, South Korea or Taiwan? I'd feel better if it was."

I don't know. He did refer to an Alpine tunnel where he saw sunlight and pasture that the rest of us could not see. Based on what was said on QT last night, we won't be able to emulate the countries you mention as we simply don't have the capacity for testing, tracking and tracing.

"Not so long ago, I and others suggested it would be a good thing for the government to outline plans for easing lockdown, without a fixed time line and with the requisite caveats. That idea was immediately criticised on the grounds it would give people false hopes. Bozo is now set to do something along those lines on Sunday, allegedly because he sees the need to provide people with some glimmer of 'light at the end of the tunnel'. I wonder what has changed for the better in recent weeks to now make that a viable option, and it will be interesting to see if the same people who were highly critical of such an idea will do a swift U-turn and now argue that it is a great idea because it comes from the Great Leader and is part of his 'success' in dealing with the crisis. I hope the amended guidance will be clearly communicated as there are still a lot of mixed messages coming out. We need a clear and consistent message, not more bluster and flowery metaphors. We can but hope.

Is that glimmer of light coming from a tunnel that stretches to Germany, South Korea or Taiwan? I'd feel better if it was."

I don't think the world is seeing many tunnels of light at the moment and I doubt they will for a while yet. Maybe that slight glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel.

I'm getting the same feeling as some?? We're to be let down on the advice on his bloody scientists and told alot more bullshit!! I'm looking at the way Europe is opening up and we should follow

"I'm getting the same feeling as some?? We're to be let down on the advice on his bloody scientists and told alot more bullshit!! I'm looking at the way Europe is opening up and we should follow "

No. Shut up ffs.

"I'm getting the same feeling as some?? We're to be let down on the advice on his bloody scientists and told alot more bullshit!! I'm looking at the way Europe is opening up and we should follow

No. Shut up ffs."

Nice to see the Tory Brigade sticking to the mantra come what may.

Well-reasoned argument I must say

XXX pic...
login to view
By *eorgina123   profile verified by photo (M) 8 weeks ago

I think perhaps some of the "know alls" posting on here should stand for election and show us how good they are at dealing with problems like we have just now !!!

"I'm getting the same feeling as some?? We're to be let down on the advice on his bloody scientists and told alot more bullshit!! I'm looking at the way Europe is opening up and we should follow

No. Shut up ffs.

"

'Shut up ffs' and just do as you're told without questioning or scrutiny does seem to sum up the attitude of many.

No. Shut up ffs.

'Shut up ffs' and just do as you're told without questioning or scrutiny does seem to sum up the attitude of many."

They'll be wanting rid of the Queen next. To pave the way to the Democratic Republic of Great Britain. After all you can’t have the “Great Leader” questioned.

No. Shut up ffs.

'Shut up ffs' and just do as you're told without questioning or scrutiny does seem to sum up the attitude of many.

They'll be wanting rid of the Queen next. To pave the way to the Democratic Republic of Great Britain. After all you can’t have the “Great Leader” questioned."

It is arguably worse than that already - thou shalt not question the Great Leader or his advisor/master

"I'm getting the same feeling as some?? We're to be let down on the advice on his bloody scientists and told alot more bullshit!! I'm looking at the way Europe is opening up and we should follow "

I've written to my local mp giving him your name so you can forward your credentials and take your rightful seat on the parliamentary advisory board.

No. Shut up ffs.

"

Well it you bother to look at all the surveys and straw polls they have done with the general public, they say that between 70 and 80% of them agree that the lockdown should continue for the foreseeable future. I know leftards don’t like facts or figures but still the general consensus is there for all to see.

"

Well it you bother to look at all the surveys and straw polls they have done with the general public, they say that between 70 and 80% of them agree that the lockdown should continue for the foreseeable future. I know leftards don’t like facts or figures but still the general consensus is there for all to see."

I’m sure Sir Kier and his Hindsight Party will come up with a genius plan which solves everything. Maybe by October.

Ooh silkysubcd how rude of you!! Never mind your not my type maybe that's why your rude??? Maybe get out and ask the public and see their response to another extention into lockdown and you won't like the answer!! Stop reading the media shit and ask real people that have lost job's, home's and so forth. You really are a nasty rude thing that thinks your word is final?? Get over yourself..

"Ooh silkysubcd how rude of you!! Never mind your not my type maybe that's why your rude??? Maybe get out and ask the public and see their response to another extention into lockdown and you won't like the answer!! Stop reading the media shit and ask real people that have lost job's, home's and so forth. You really are a nasty rude thing that thinks your word is final?? Get over yourself.."

I have asked real people. My friends and a lot of my clients. They nearly all agree. They agree with all the opinion polls that have been produced. Lockdown should continue until the peak has definitely passed and it is safer to try and get back to normal. Luckily not everyone is as selfish as you.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *udekeith  (M) 8 weeks ago

"I’m sure Sir Kier and his Hindsight Party will come up with a genius plan which solves everything. Maybe by October."

Which year?

"I’m sure Sir Kier and his Hindsight Party will come up with a genius plan which solves everything. Maybe by October."

But I thought the Tory supporters on here don't want a plan as they say it will give people false hope? I trust they will criticise Bozo if he outlines a plan on Sunday on those same grounds, but doubt it. Sounds like wanting your cake and eating it too. Or that nothing is a good idea until the Great Leader so pronounces.

I'm not sure what a Bozo is or what part he plays in all this so maybe your post is intended to confuse.

Although I prefer Labour to Tory I don't commit my allegiance to any party as politics evolve just like everything else. The Labour and Tory of today are a million miles from when I first voted.

I think everyone whatever their politics wants to see a plan as soon as it is reasonably possible to have one based on the reality of what is happening. I think most would agree that a bad plan or one giving false hope is not what anyone wants.

A great and relevant quote "WE WANT OUR CAKE AND ALSO WANT TO EAT IT" and therein lies the reason why whatever anyone decides it will only be suitable for some of the people. Even those on this forum are split between returning to work or not returning to work. Some felt we didnt need a lockdown when others feel it needed to be sooner or stricter.

The truth is most of the arguments are more about politics than wanting to look at the very real problems. Try to decide what is best and making realistic comments.

During all this the Labour party kept quiet and as Starmer has indicated (he is a breath of fresh air) they didnt have any answers either and they wouldn't necessarily have done anything different. There was a lot of cross party co-operation which is a good thing.

Do you have a good idea _astkenter?

I stated my idea a couple of weeks ago - an outline plan foe easing restrictions without a fixed time line and with the requisite caveats. A plan based on 'If ...', 'Then ...' scenarios as used for companies' contingency plans and as outlined in some other European countries. Together with calm, clear and transparent communication as used by people such as Angela Merkel and the Belgian PM. I still think that was and is a good idea.

It was shot down on the illogical grounds that any such outline would give false hope. We have not had any such outline yet, and no clarity of message. I think the current flouting of the guidelines is perhaps partly due to stupidity, partly to desperation and partly to people simply no longer knowing what is or isn't 'allowed'. Lots of cars and groups of people here today as if it were just a usual bank holiday.

Another problem is that lock-down does not appear to have yielded any significant results and people start to wonder if it has been worth the effort (and considerable suffering - financial, physical and mental) by so many people. I have heard many people saying things along the lines of 'I've given up trying to do the right thing because things just keep getting worse and no-one seems to know what the right thing is any more.' The only reason we are given for continuing lock-down is that things would be worse without it, which remains in the realms of conjecture.

By *eeksYounger  (M) 8 weeks ago

"I'm not sure what a Bozo is or what part he plays in all this so maybe your post is intended to confuse.

Although I prefer Labour to Tory I don't commit my allegiance to any party as politics evolve just like everything else. The Labour and Tory of today are a million miles from when I first voted.

I think everyone whatever their politics wants to see a plan as soon as it is reasonably possible to have one based on the reality of what is happening. I think most would agree that a bad plan or one giving false hope is not what anyone wants.

A great and relevant quote "WE WANT OUR CAKE AND ALSO WANT TO EAT IT" and therein lies the reason why whatever anyone decides it will only be suitable for some of the people. Even those on this forum are split between returning to work or not returning to work. Some felt we didnt need a lockdown when others feel it needed to be sooner or stricter.

The truth is most of the arguments are more about politics than wanting to look at the very real problems. Try to decide what is best and making realistic comments.

During all this the Labour party kept quiet and as Starmer has indicated (he is a breath of fresh air) they didnt have any answers either and they wouldn't necessarily have done anything different. There was a lot of cross party co-operation which is a good thing.

Do you have a good idea _astkenter?

"

c. 1924, "muscular low-I.Q. male," A dullard, perhaps from Spanish bozal, used in the slave trade and also to mean "one who speaks Spanish poorly." Bozo the clown was created 1940 at Capitol Records as the voice in a series of story-telling records for children ["Wall Street Journal," Oct. 31, 1983].

Good interesting post _astkenter.

I'm not sure the idea of an 'outline plan for easing restrictions without a fixed time line and with the requisite caveats. A plan based on 'If ...', 'Then ...' scenarios' .. is much different than what the government has been saying as its all 'wait and see'.

I do think clearer communication would have helped from day one but I think the biggest problem has been that too many listen to social media which gives even more confusion.

I listened to the government press releases from day one (and I'm not particularly clever or perceptive) and found no mixed messages or confusion. It was perfectly clear to me what had been said and what we were allowed and not allowed to do.

The rest of your post I agree with. I don't think the public are stupid but there is no doubt they often act stupidly.

So there I'm selfish for thinking of my self-employed staff that can't get any help til June/July. The phone in both shop's are red hot with clients believing things will change next week and desperate for appointments and there is nothing I can do about it. If I could post video's on this site I would show you what my town is like?? It's fucking packed, some people on this site must live in a fantasy bubble. Most people I've asked have said enough is enough and Boris should go as it's all starting to come out now with the flaws the conservative government have reacted to the situation. One of my clients said earlier he's going to a 40th bbq tonight and is so looking forward to it as not seen many of his friends for weeks!! I said not allowed but reply was fuck Boris and his scientists!! Tomorrow is even hotter so more people will be flooding the street's and I've gone passed caring now so as I've said before if you're scared stay in as a majority of the British public have had enough.

Desperate jon. I dont see why it's selfish to be thinking of your business and staff. I'm in a similar situation with staff furloughed originally to the end of April and now to the end of May. I have turned away thousands of pounds worth of work which I can ill afford.

I dont understand your rants about Boris because you have the arse with the lockdown being in place.

Neros54 thank-you for saying I'm not selfish for thinking of the staff as I know there'll be more depression from them on Sunday when the speech is broadcasted and nothing new has come about. And there will be another 3 weeks lockdown. I've one member said he'll just go cash in hand and claim benifits. It's so wrong. My rant about Boris is he should be looking at Europe and following suit and don't forget we are on par with their lockdowns. It's the dilly dally with the no answers that's getting to people. The government should be looking at this with serious consequences of what people will do if they don't get positive feedback so they can plan ahead. I saw the queue for my town's food bank yesterday and it was the saddest sight I've seen in my town and with 9 shop's closed with posters up saying in administration sorry but due to coronavirus it's beyond our control. 3 stated thank the government. The bigger picture is when we can go back and half the high street is shut. I've voted conservative for years with no regret but this time they've ballsed it up completely for not acting when this came about in January.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *onsterBlast  (M) 8 weeks ago

"So there I'm selfish for thinking of my self-employed staff that can't get any help til June/July. "

If 'your staff' are self-employed, then by definition they aren't your staff. If they do work for you then they are contractors.

Oh sorry here we go?? OK the contractors whom work within my shop's are struggling due to red tape in the department of work and pensions, I've to wait mail confirmation that they contract for me

These guys and girls are desperate for financial assistance but according to the government everything sorted!! Fuck off it ain't.

XXX pic...
login to view

The Goverment isn't the enemy, the virus is.

If you put your energy into defeating the governments efforts and undermining it you just allow the virus to overwhelm us.

Everyone wants the same thing, to get back to normal productive life (or a better version of it) as quickly as possible.

The government (belatedly I agree and riddled with mistakes) is trying to do it without killing possibly hundreds of thousands of Brits but all some posters seem to do is criticise without putting forward any alternative plan that respects life.

"The Goverment isn't the enemy, the virus is.

If you put your energy into defeating the governments efforts and undermining it you just allow the virus to overwhelm us.

Everyone wants the same thing, to get back to normal productive life (or a better version of it) as quickly as possible.

The government (belatedly I agree and riddled with mistakes) is trying to do it without killing possibly hundreds of thousands of Brits but all some posters seem to do is criticise without putting forward any alternative plan that respects life."

XXX pic...
login to view

The government (belatedly I agree and riddled with mistakes) is trying to do it without killing possibly hundreds of thousands of Brits but all some posters seem to do is criticise without putting forward any alternative plan that respects life."

Therein lies the problem. We are no longer just responsible for our own safety, but that of others with whom we come in contact with.

I would love to go back to work, but I neither want to contract the virus nor pass it on.

XXX pic...
login to view

Agree, govt isn’t an enemy of the virus.

There was always plans and idea, but... time after time the taken decisions are contradicting each other....

Govt needs to be serious and adequate....

XXX pic...
login to view

The government (belatedly I agree and riddled with mistakes) is trying to do it without killing possibly hundreds of thousands of Brits but all some posters seem to do is criticise without putting forward any alternative plan that respects life.

Therein lies the problem. We are no longer just responsible for our own safety, but that of others with whom we come in contact with.

I would love to go back to work, but I neither want to contract the virus nor pass it on.

"

We all want to work coz we all work work work non stop and now we need ‘relax’... this is difficult....

But I don’t think that to start to work now is apocalyptic idea... thousands Are Ill, people not tested, tracking is aimed to substitute tests (I think), hundreds are dying daily... not clear situation with children (with inflammation) etc...

Again wished I could post video's on site to show you the town, it's ridiculous? Hundreds out and about, the queue for tescos has gone around the shopping centre!! I live in the new forest and it's a race track with people maybe not from my area enjoying the forest? Loads out so obviously we have different news to some on this site?? Understand you may think? Stay in save the NHS? NHS is saved and the one's outside in my area don't give a fuck.

"Again wished I could post video's on site to show you the town, it's ridiculous? Hundreds out and about, the queue for tescos has gone around the shopping centre!! I live in the new forest and it's a race track with people maybe not from my area enjoying the forest? Loads out so obviously we have different news to some on this site?? Understand you may think? Stay in save the NHS? NHS is saved and the one's outside in my area don't give a fuck. "

It's pretty much the same here. Loads more cars than recently parked on the cliff tops and large groups with no thought of social distancing. Yesterday evening there were groups of drunk and noisy people sitting on the pavements with their children playing in groups in the street. We were actively encouraged to have front-garden street parties but some people clearly have no idea where their garden ends. But it did look and sound as if too much alcohol had affected their judgement. I was invited to one such gathering at the home of someone who has a notice in their window warning that they have compromised immunity and was ridiculed when I politely refused. None so queer as folk.

Yes yesterday was strange as I could here music and lots of enjoyment with ve parties as nearly every street round me had somthing going on?? I was in sadly watching gogglebox seeing what they think of this charade. Yes plenty of alcohol was being consumed by what I could hear but what else are they supposed to do after 7 weeks locked up with no more information given, if it weren't for an early start I felt like joining them! Please all the do gooders on the site? You maybe obeying the rules but some have had enough so except it..

XXX pic...
login to view

"Again wished I could post video's on site to show you the town, it's ridiculous? Hundreds out and about, the queue for tescos has gone around the shopping centre!! I live in the new forest and it's a race track with people maybe not from my area enjoying the forest? Loads out so obviously we have different news to some on this site?? Understand you may think? Stay in save the NHS? NHS is saved and the one's outside in my area don't give a fuck.

It's pretty much the same here. Loads more cars than recently parked on the cliff tops and large groups with no thought of social distancing. Yesterday evening there were groups of drunk and noisy people sitting on the pavements with their children playing in groups in the street. We were actively encouraged to have front-garden street parties but some people clearly have no idea where their garden ends. But it did look and sound as if too much alcohol had affected their judgement. I was invited to one such gathering at the home of someone who has a notice in their window warning that they have compromised immunity and was ridiculed when I politely refused. None so queer as folk."

I think the same situation is everywhere.... a lot of people, cars, cyclists.... warm weather and chaos = people go out

I am critical of the way the crisis has been handled but if I am to be labelled as a 'do-gooder' because I do not want to catch the virus or potentially help spread it, so be it - I've been called far worse things than that.

And I don't believe that excessive alcohol consumption helps in any way. In my considerable experience with heavy drinkers, alcohol causes far more problems than it solves. I am also fed up with lock-down and the lack of clear information, but there are many more constructive ways of dealing with things other than getting drunk and loud. You ask what else they could do. I'm sure there are many options, including volunteering to help others in the community. Do-gooders are doing a lot of good at the moment; being loud and drunk is not a positive contribution in my opinion.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *udekeith  (M) 8 weeks ago

All recent surveys have had broadly similar results - 80% of people still support the lockdown and would not object if it has to carry on for a while longer.

It the area where I live (East Midlands) there doesn’t appear to be any increase in traffic, the street parties local to me were done with social distancing and we all enjoyed the day. There’s nothing in the lockdown guidance to say you can’t find ways to enjoy yourselves as long as people are sensible about it.

There’s a lot of moaning on here about how difficult it is to get money out of the Government and I’m quite pleased that this hasn’t been opened up or abuse by a greedy minority who would happily take money fraudulently (our money in the first place).

Considering that there are many countries where there is far less financial support than we are getting, I think we are all doing quite well - but let’s be critical anyway because there’s nothing else to do during lockdown is there!

XXX pic...
login to view

"I am critical of the way the crisis has been handled but if I am to be labelled as a 'do-gooder' because I do not want to catch the virus or potentially help spread it, so be it - I've been called far worse things than that.

And I don't believe that excessive alcohol consumption helps in any way. In my considerable experience with heavy drinkers, alcohol causes far more problems than it solves. I am also fed up with lock-down and the lack of clear information, but there are many more constructive ways of dealing with things other than getting drunk and loud. You ask what else they could do. I'm sure there are many options, including volunteering to help others in the community. Do-gooders are doing a lot of good at the moment; being loud and drunk is not a positive contribution in my opinion."

Lack of clear information and contradictory examples showing by our ‘leaders’ and their relatives ( like BJ father’s travelings etc) create chaos and in such situation people do not know what is right or wrong... + people fed up with lockdown.... people must scarify but ‘leaders’ and host needn’t do anything... this discrepancy doesn’t help...

I’m sure people helping each other and whom the help is needed.... but people tired... good weather... result - busy roads.

My opinion _ the lack of trust in ‘advices’ from mouths of govt. people and govt are living in different realities...

XXX pic...
login to view

"All recent surveys have had broadly similar results - 80% of people still support the lockdown and would not object if it has to carry on for a while longer.

It the area where I live (East Midlands) there doesn’t appear to be any increase in traffic, the street parties local to me were done with social distancing and we all enjoyed the day. There’s nothing in the lockdown guidance to say you can’t find ways to enjoy yourselves as long as people are sensible about it.

There’s a lot of moaning on here about how difficult it is to get money out of the Government and I’m quite pleased that this hasn’t been opened up or abuse by a greedy minority who would happily take money fraudulently (our money in the first place).

Considering that there are many countries where there is far less financial support than we are getting, I think we are all doing quite well - but let’s be critical anyway because there’s nothing else to do during lockdown is there!"

Financial support? Sorry, but I don’t think that loans is better then real support. In the situation when people doesn’t know what to expect and how to survive. Other countries - sorry, they don’t call loans as support because it is not at all.

Agreed on the loan situation!!! Why should I take out a loan on the house I own out right to cover this mayhem is beyond me?? They can fuck right off. As for the cyclists? Some simple government minister has advised people to ride or walk to work so not over packing public transport!! I can't see my mate riding to London every day? Also if anyone thinking it's a great idea just think again? A lot of angry driver's out there and maybe knocking a mamil off his bike could be a "point" I'm waiting for this speech tomorrow just to see and feel the aggression what comes from it? I know the town I live in "which" is rammed in this sunshine have had enough, you may slag me off for my comments but I've gone passed caring now as this government ain't a bloody clue what their doing? As said tory supporter here and ashamed with the way this is being dealt with. Boris the buffoon should be hung drawn and quartered for his handling over this!! Oh don't forget he had covid19 and recovered in 3 days?? Try telling that to the poor people that are taking 4 weeks to recover!! So to the do gooders he's taking you for the biggest cycle ride ever!! 3 days? Kiss my arse!!

XXX pic...
login to view

"Agreed on the loan situation!!! Why should I take out a loan on the house I own out right to cover this mayhem is beyond me?? They can fuck right off. As for the cyclists? Some simple government minister has advised people to ride or walk to work so not over packing public transport!! I can't see my mate riding to London every day? Also if anyone thinking it's a great idea just think again? A lot of angry driver's out there and maybe knocking a mamil off his bike could be a "point" I'm waiting for this speech tomorrow just to see and feel the aggression what comes from it? I know the town I live in "which" is rammed in this sunshine have had enough, you may slag me off for my comments but I've gone passed caring now as this government ain't a bloody clue what their doing? As said tory supporter here and ashamed with the way this is being dealt with. Boris the buffoon should be hung drawn and quartered for his handling over this!! Oh don't forget he had covid19 and recovered in 3 days?? Try telling that to the poor people that are taking 4 weeks to recover!! So to the do gooders he's taking you for the biggest cycle ride ever!! 3 days? Kiss my arse!! "

In any way, I decided, at the first opportunity I would like to go fishing (in normal meaning), enjoy mature, river/lake, forest etc...