New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364749 members (4 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Boris

See newest message in thread

Boris

*orum reader By *orum reader  (M) 2 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Has Boris gone on holiday again ?

He seems to have disappeared again ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Has Boris gone on holiday again ?

He seems to have disappeared again ?"

Part time job.... lazy as usually.... and people aren’t impressed too much and didn’t clap for him....

and he never was too much involved...

So, nothing is changed....

And don’t forget - circus closed... so no reason to appear

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

Why would anyone think he was on holiday? There is a lot more involved in being prime minister than appearing on some pointless dailt 'chat show'

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Has Boris gone on holiday again ?

He seems to have disappeared again ?

Part time job.... lazy as usually.... and people aren’t impressed too much and didn’t clap for him....

and he never was too much involved...

So, nothing is changed....

And don’t forget - circus closed... so no reason to appear "

I think you are right there.

By *eros54  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Why would anyone think he was on holiday? There is a lot more involved in being prime minister than appearing on some pointless dailt 'chat show'"

you're right of course. A good leader employs capable staff who are competent to do their jobs and shouldn't need someone overlooking them or standing in for them Johnson has always been one to delegate to employed staff even going back to his days as London mayor.

I would imagine he is amazingly busy at the moment. Not just in the actual day to day tasks but also all the collating of information and strategy organising behind the scenes.

I guess he is a very busy boy!!!

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

"Why would anyone think he was on holiday? There is a lot more involved in being prime minister than appearing on some pointless dailt 'chat show'

you're right of course. A good leader employs capable staff who are competent to do their jobs and shouldn't need someone overlooking them or standing in for them Johnson has always been one to delegate to employed staff even going back to his days as London mayor.

I would imagine he is amazingly busy at the moment. Not just in the actual day to day tasks but also all the collating of information and strategy organising behind the scenes.

I guess he is a very busy boy!!!"

But that requires him to be a good leader. I am afraid the “Great Leader” in the eyes of the majority of the UK, is not that he’s a good leader but, an absentee one.

He makes policy on the hoof depending on how he feels the polls are reflecting things on a daily basis.

The man is out of his depth, and for the great showman politician he is conspicuous by his absence.

He has teams at his beck and call to collate the information and to devise strategy. His job is to lead the country. That does not mean popping up on the BBC at 8pm on a Thursday. Best place for him is retiring to a care home. I bet they soon solve the crisis there then

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

I would describe Johnson as a good leader. Maybe not an outstanding one but it's early days and time will tell.

These daily coronavirus briefings are totally unnecessary. A brief daily statement and one or two weekly press conferences would suffice.

Plus there is more going on in the world than the coronavirus even though it is having a significant impact on most things.

Strange how you sworn haters of the PM know exactly what he is or isn't doing. Or even know about exactly what the country thinks of him since different polls suggest different things. Daresay they mostly reflect what the readership desire in different publications. Unless of course various members of this site are using their furlough to knock on doors and ring round every house in the country. With the former you are breaking the lockdown rules and with the latter you will get a massive, but well deserved, phone bill.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Why would anyone think he was on holiday? There is a lot more involved in being prime minister than appearing on some pointless dailt 'chat show'"

I thought that he works for public.... but it is ok if he as ok can do everything he wants even if public dies like rabbits ...

Sorry, I think that leader and esp pm has responsibilities and suppose to work for people....

This is fact - by any reason - he wasn’t with people all this time... and when he was - ah, better not to comment... I think it is good that he is ‘’invisible by’’.

XXX pic...
login to view

"These daily coronavirus briefings are totally unnecessary. A brief daily statement and one or two weekly press conferences would suffice.

Plus there is more going on in the world than the coronavirus even though it is having a significant impact on most things.

Strange how you sworn haters of the PM know exactly what he is or isn't doing. Or even know about exactly what the country thinks of him since different polls suggest different things. Daresay they mostly reflect what the readership desire in different publications. Unless of course various members of this site are using their furlough to knock on doors and ring round every house in the country. With the former you are breaking the lockdown rules and with the latter you will get a massive, but well deserved, phone bill."

I think that you don’t understand some basics:

1. There is no hate

2. Criticism is not hate. At all.

3. Blind fanatism isn’t a sign of progress.

If he would listen to critic then we were in better position. But he didn’t, doesn’t.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

"These daily coronavirus briefings are totally unnecessary. A brief daily statement and one or two weekly press conferences would suffice.

Strange how you sworn haters of the PM know exactly what he is or isn't doing. Or even know about exactly what the country thinks of him since different polls suggest different things. Daresay they mostly reflect what the readership desire in different publications. Unless of course various members of this site are using their furlough to knock on doors and ring round every house in the country. With the former you are breaking the lockdown rules and with the latter you will get a massive, but well deserved, phone bill."

Not sworn haters of Bozo. We just know him for who he is. He can after all convince us of how good he is.

Charlatans deserved to be shown up for what they are. If he was so confident he would be leading the daily briefings or at least making appearances to reassure a confused public.

Alas not. Funny how the Government introduced they Daily Press conferences, but now they are not going their way, or showing the Government to be dithering. Their supporters don’t want them or want them reduced.

These conferences are telling us how they are spending our money, what they are doing for the betterment of the country. Just because they are lacking in ideas or integrity, there is no need to reduce the. This government needs to be held to Scrutiny. After all they are scared to put any one up to be interviewed by those well-known left-wing Journalists Andrew Neil and Piers Morgan

"

I think that you don’t understand some basics:

1. There is no hate

2. Criticism is not hate. At all.

3. Blind fanatism isn’t a sign of progress.

If he would listen to critic then we were in better position. But he didn’t, doesn’t.

"

I understand that only too well but it appears that others clearly don't. There is a big difference between constructive criticism accompanied by reasoned alternative ideas, and sneering criticism just for the hell of it. Way too much of the latter on here

Daily briefings probably seemed like a good idea but they have gone on for too long and could do with cutting back. I dont think that has anything to do with whether or not you support the government but whether or not you believe we need so many briefings.

I think the government would prefer to keep the daily briefing so they can present their case for their actions.

"Daily briefings probably seemed like a good idea but they have gone on for too long and could do with cutting back. I dont think that has anything to do with whether or not you support the government but whether or not you believe we need so many briefings.

I think the government would prefer to keep the daily briefing so they can present their case for their actions."

Are you honestly saying they thought it would all blow over in a couple of weeks? We knew from the way the virus was tackled in Asia it was going to take a while. This government deemed it necessary to inform us on a daily basis of their progress in the battle and to tell us of their new strategies.

The Daily Briefings show them to be lacking in ideas. Show their cabinet to be weak, and show their leader to be bereft of ideas. Raab and Sunak are the only two who have shown themselves to have any level of competence.

This is a time of crisis. Admittedly not a crisis of the Governments making, but now one of their ability to handle. The last time we had a national crisis and we had daily briefings from our Government was during the Falklands Conflict. In those briefings we took the rough with the smooth. If we lost manpower or treasure it was presented as it was. These briefings on Covid-19 show this Government to be bereft of ideas. Where they once had consensus with the devolved Governments there is little or none now. The Briefings show them to be incompetent. Well they wanted them, they have them, they can’t get out of them now (even when they ban certain journalists). Admirably they are not doing Bozo and Co any favours. Long may they continue.

Perhaps the incompetent in chief should sack his advisors after all following their advice has got him to where he is, and if he keeps following their advice hot bank holiday weekends are going to be the least of his troubles

I didnt say that anyone thought it would all blow over quickly. What I did say was that the daily briefings were a good idea at the beginning of the crisis and the government might believe that is still the case.

A great many people including some on this forum feel that daily briefings are too frequent. It's no big deal either way as some like them and some dont. I personally feel they would be better, for instance, every other day or every other day with a medical or scientific statement on the other days.

Although I like the government to be questioned the ones put by the media are very boring and very monotonous with no imagination.

It's starting to look as if supporters of Bozo and Co want the briefings curtailed as damage limitation (the less we see and hear, the less we will realise their gross incompetence). Then, when they cannot give straight answers to straight questions, blame those who ask the questions. At a time when we need the reassurance of competent leadership, we get flannel, half-baked ideas and broken promises. Apart from Sunak, none of the front men is doing the government any favours.

I'm not a supporter of Boris Johnson although I do believe he has done a good job of handling this crisis.

I don't want the briefings curtailed as I don't have such strong feelings about it but I do believe that the present format has become too repetitive. I would like to see the government questioned much harder than they are at present but this will never happen while the press is so unimaginative.

People have given many examples on here of why they think he has done a bad job of handling the crisis. What are your examples of how he has done a good job?

You criticise the press for being unimaginative. Can you give examples of imaginative questions you would like asked?

You are right of course _astkenter. There are plenty on here who believe he has done a bad job and probably just as many who believe he has done a good job.

It's not my job to think of more imaginative questions although I'm sure it would be fairly easy to do so.

The press have no excuses for asking similar questions, or inane questions when they are supposed to be experts in this field. They should be asking probing questions.

"You are right of course _astkenter. There are plenty on here who believe he has done a bad job and probably just as many who believe he has done a good job.

It's not my job to think of more imaginative questions although I'm sure it would be fairly easy to do so.

The press have no excuses for asking similar questions, or inane questions when they are supposed to be experts in this field. They should be asking probing questions.

"

So that’s a no then.

For someone who’s not a supporter of our Bozo. You are becoming very pro him. Even though he hardly puts in an appearance, and when he does he can seemingly do no wrong.

Criticise us non-followers of the great leader all you want. Call for us to give solutions. But we are not in charge nor sought office to do so. He did. If you are his supporter or defender and are happy to give us your opinion of how well he’s done please make us aware of what he has done so well. Tell us the goals achieved by our illustrious Bozo. Tell us how he has worked miracles in care homes. How his heard immunity is helping the country in its time of need. Was it a success that our country has the 2nd worst death rate on the planet? I am at a loss to puzzle that one out.

The press would love to ask probing questions, but as soon as they do they become persona non grata and other Journalists are selected to ask questions. So, because they can’t control the Briefings they now call for them to be abandoned or relegated to maybe once a fortnight.

I consider myself open minded. I don’t like Bozo as either a man or a politician, but I remain open to being convinced otherwise. His problem is he doesn’t know how to keep his word, just ask the DUP. He’s not a showman or a great salesman for UK PLC he’s Flim-Flam artist who isn’t very good at his job. If he wants to convince me to become a supporter or if yourself and other do. The solution is easy. Point out what he has done so well. I am waiting with anticipation

By *esperate jon  (M) 2 weeks ago

I'm waiting also tessa m, please can someone give a positive that this so called great man has achieved?? Maybe it's all the money he's chucked at them to keep them happy.. But one thing when in 100 year's when kids doing history at school he'll be known for the man who fucked them up...

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

100 Years from now?. If there is a planet left, anyone who is still interested in politics will learn about Gollum Gove, Commie Corbyn, Faker Farage and Boris the Liar, oh how they will laugh at the bunch of twats that pretended they were politicians

"You are right of course _astkenter. There are plenty on here who believe he has done a bad job and probably just as many who believe he has done a good job.

"

I really don't like Johnson. I wouldn't like him whatever his politics because he just isn't the type of person I could ever like. Time will tell what sort of job he has done during this crisis. Probably fairly average at best but probably as good as anyone else would have done in the circumstances.

XXX pic...
login to view

I really don't like Johnson. I wouldn't like him whatever his politics because he just isn't the type of person I could ever like. Time will tell what sort of job he has done during this crisis. Probably fairly average at best but probably as good as anyone else would have done in the circumstances. "

Honestly, I personally don’t like and see no any sense in phrases like ‘time will tell’, ‘history will show’, ‘afterwards we will reflect’ etc...

People, are you crazy????? Why I need to sit and wait and watch how people dying, crowds of people, why I need to accept deadly decisions and wait for ‘history will show’...

Waiting and watching how people dying isn’t my favourite movie.

Sorry for my directness, but I personally think that Passive ‘observer’ posItion in our situation isn’t appropriate. I want to see leaders acting and saving lives, reflecting each decision, not ‘will see in future and will think afterwards’.

Shockingly dark!

I don't see those expressions being anything other than being able to judge how any situation unfolded and how actions and reactions affected it. Obviously nobody is standing around watching and waiting. They are doing what they believe to be the best actions at the time they are needed.

Only looking back and investigating the situation once all the facts are known will we have all relevant information.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I don't see those expressions being anything other than being able to judge how any situation unfolded and how actions and reactions affected it. Obviously nobody is standing around watching and waiting. They are doing what they believe to be the best actions at the time they are needed.

Only looking back and investigating the situation once all the facts are known will we have all relevant information. "

Are you trying to explain me that they demonstrated incompetence? I know this, everyone know this.

But their ‘believes’ are illogical and costed lives.

We can look back, analyse, reflecting - it is normal. But ignorance and swallowing absurd now , In my personal opinion, is not good.

Even in project management you need reflect not when the construction of a building is finished but also after EACH step immediately... I don’t see such reflection of steps except saying thanks for ‘fantastic’ job and ‘protective ring’. Critical thinking isn’t sign of hate, it is sign of constructive progress in a positive direction.

"I don't see those expressions being anything other than being able to judge how any situation unfolded and how actions and reactions affected it. Obviously nobody is standing around watching and waiting. They are doing what they believe to be the best actions at the time they are needed.

Only looking back and investigating the situation once all the facts are known will we have all relevant information. "

In the above post I was not implying anything or speaking about anything in particular. I was explaining why I believed any situation in almost any scenario can only be fully judged after the event.

Seems obvious to me but we all have different views.

XXX pic...
login to view

Only looking back and investigating the situation once all the facts are known will we have all relevant information.

In the above post I was not implying anything or speaking about anything in particular. I was explaining why I believed any situation in almost any scenario can only be fully judged after the event.

Seems obvious to me but we all have different views. "

Yes, I have understood. And I also explain why reflective practice during the process is crucial instead waiting the final result (accumulated all mistakes from all stages)

Pluralism of opinions is great and I respect your opinion too.

Seems obvious to me but we all have different views.

Yes, I have understood. And I also explain why reflective practice during the process is crucial instead waiting the final result (accumulated all mistakes from all stages)

Pluralism of opinions is great and I respect your opinion too."

I think we are probably saying the same thing but explaining it differently.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

While the virus remains a real threat and hundreds die each day the daily briefings should continue.

For me, most of the government were nonentities so it's been useful to see them in action, I'd like to see more of the Labour front bench too.

It's annoying how the politicians dodge and ignore questions but it's also annoying how the journalists just want to score points and constantly ask for apologies they know they aren't going to get.

I've seen two forecasts today one saying there will be days without deaths by the end of June and another saying that the UK will be free of the virus by the end of September if current trends continue.

I'm hoping they are right and the government or the people don't mess things up in between!

XXX pic...
login to view

"While the virus remains a real threat and hundreds die each day the daily briefings should continue.

For me, most of the government were nonentities so it's been useful to see them in action, I'd like to see more of the Labour front bench too.

It's annoying how the politicians dodge and ignore questions but it's also annoying how the journalists just want to score points and constantly ask for apologies they know they aren't going to get.

I've seen two forecasts today one saying there will be days without deaths by the end of June and another saying that the UK will be free of the virus by the end of September if current trends continue.

I'm hoping they are right and the government or the people don't mess things up in between!

"

I’m a bit sceptical about September or any time within this year. We uses data and experience of other countries but we acted and acting in an absolutely different and opposite way. I think this is the bigger issue.

No one can guarantee something without having a vaccine ...

Add a new message to this topic