New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364722 members (5 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Cummings

See newest message in thread

Cummings

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 6 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

So, it seems that not only Jenrick and Bozo broke the lockdown rules. It now seems the architect of todays Tories (or should that be the anti-Christ) Cummings. Also seems to think the Lockdown rules didn’t apply to him either.

When the baying Tories demanded the resignation of the Scottish Chief Medical Officer Catherine Calderwood. When the Baying Tories demanded the resignation of Professor Neil Ferguson. Both of whom broke the lockdown rules. Surly we can expect nothing less from our illustrious leaders and the people who represent them as special advisors. Particularly as a member of SAGE, just like professor Ferguson Cummings admitted he broke the lock down rules.

Can we expect the same level of integrity, now that Mr Cummings has been found out? Or will perhaps Bozo himself not be able to stomach the hypocrisy and sack him.

I doubt it there is not a shred of decency running anywhere through todays Tories under the great Leader

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 6 weeks ago

I wonder what will happen if this story transpires to be true. I suspect nothing, but it will be interesting to see how it is spun and defended. Just another instance of 'do as I say, not as I do'. Apparently his supporters say there is 'zero chance' of him resigning. And I doubt that the great Bozo will have the integrity to sack him.

By *esperate jon  (M) 6 weeks ago

This ain't even the tip of the iceberg, how many more of the tory party have broken the rules?? Give it a few more weeks and the dirty laundry will come out, as for sacking any of them it will never happen.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 6 weeks ago

"I wonder what will happen if this story transpires to be true. I suspect nothing, but it will be interesting to see how it is spun and defended. Just another instance of 'do as I say, not as I do'. Apparently his supporters say there is 'zero chance' of him resigning. And I doubt that the great Bozo will have the integrity to sack him."

Probably nothing. We have a government whose members have little or no integrity. Who seem to think they make rules for us lot, but that those rules don’t apply to them?

Jenrick thought it acceptable to break the rules they still let him do the occasional Daily Press conference. Bozo buggered off to Chequers to convalesce when his government passed a law on March the 26th making such actions illegal.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 6 weeks ago

I'm not surprised that politicians are breaking the rules as much as the general public are. We have probably all seen numerous incidents in our own neighbourhoods and perhaps even some on here have done the same.

Whether we should lose our jobs over such an indiscretion I'm not so sure but in some instances possibly this might be warranted.

"I'm not surprised that politicians are breaking the rules as much as the general public are. We have probably all seen numerous incidents in our own neighbourhoods and perhaps even some on here have done the same.

Whether we should lose our jobs over such an indiscretion I'm not so sure but in some instances possibly this might be warranted. "

Incidentally I said exactly the same thing when Calderhouse did this. I didn't think it warranted a job loss.

Calderwood!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 6 weeks ago

"So, it seems that not only Jenrick and Bozo broke the lockdown rules. It now seems the architect of todays Tories (or should that be the anti-Christ) Cummings. Also seems to think the Lockdown rules didn’t apply to him either.

When the baying Tories demanded the resignation of the Scottish Chief Medical Officer Catherine Calderwood. When the Baying Tories demanded the resignation of Professor Neil Ferguson. Both of whom broke the lockdown rules. Surly we can expect nothing less from our illustrious leaders and the people who represent them as special advisors. Particularly as a member of SAGE, just like professor Ferguson Cummings admitted he broke the lock down rules.

Can we expect the same level of integrity, now that Mr Cummings has been found out? Or will perhaps Bozo himself not be able to stomach the hypocrisy and sack him.

I doubt it there is not a shred of decency running anywhere through todays Tories under the great Leader

"

Ah no worries, plebs like stories, so the will create a nice story for plebs, so, he acted appropriately.... soon I think we will be asked to clap for him as a key worker (in creating chaos).

Who are you saying are the plebs?

XXX pic...
login to view

"Who are you saying are the plebs? "

I think a verbal communication is just a one type of communication.

I see how I am treated. And I see how some other people are treated.

"I'm not surprised that politicians are breaking the rules as much as the general public are. We have probably all seen numerous incidents in our own neighbourhoods and perhaps even some on here have done the same.

Whether we should lose our jobs over such an indiscretion I'm not so sure but in some instances possibly this might be warranted. "

I think it is warranted in some instances, as in those who set rules for others to follow and then disregard them. If rule-makes flout their own rules, then others can justifiably follow their dangerous example.

I agree absolutely that in some instances resignation would be appropriate or possibly even dismissal but it would depend on the circumstances.

Politicians like teachers and clergy are presumed by many to be beyond reproach.

I'm more surprised that with all the tory shit breaking the law that the British public have just not revolted over this and just go back to normal?? Are they going to arrest everyone if that happens?? Now in week 11 and people are feeling angrier now and with this coming out.

It is probably true that they push the boundaries and get away with what they can, but eventually people will say enough is enough (though they will forget quickly and vote the same way at the next election). Some of the posters above already seem to be moving towards defending his actions. Soon the No 10 publicity machine will put out an 'acceptable' defence and that will be endlessly quoted by those looking to defend the indefensible.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I'm more surprised that with all the tory shit breaking the law that the British public have just not revolted over this and just go back to normal?? Are they going to arrest everyone if that happens?? Now in week 11 and people are feeling angrier now and with this coming out."

I think now people will see this mafia/family in full - members/friends will defend their brother/friend. Gove and Raab accompanied bj surely will start defence-company actively.

I think people now see everything despite banal excuses and explanations of ‘he acted properly and he is hero’.

Majority of population will definitely feel ‘cheated’ and offended.

I was a bit behind the times. Apparently it was essential travel in the best interests of a child - sentimental tosh! What's more, the police who attended have been accused of making it all up (= lying). If the general public swallow these excuses, they will swallow anything. The lesson to top Tories? Do what you like and we will find a way to defend you.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I was a bit behind the times. Apparently it was essential travel in the best interests of a child - sentimental tosh! What's more, the police who attended have been accused of making it all up (= lying). If the general public swallow these excuses, they will swallow anything. The lesson to top Tories? Do what you like and we will find a way to defend you."

What makes me angry that they doing stupid things and call this ‘legitimate act’.

People wasn’t allowed to go to funeral of their loved, people was following rules for 12 weeks, cancelling wedding etc.

Double standards and chaos and uncertainty are destructive. We needn’t this definitely.

I think they will find a trick and cover this or to satisfy public they will just perform a magic....

I don’t trust any of them anymore even if before I had a 10% trust, so from today I have -100% trust in them. They are not better them autocratic or dictator regimes or me.

"I was a bit behind the times. Apparently it was essential travel in the best interests of a child - sentimental tosh! What's more, the police who attended have been accused of making it all up (= lying). If the general public swallow these excuses, they will swallow anything. The lesson to top Tories? Do what you like and we will find a way to defend you.

What makes me angry that they doing stupid things and call this ‘legitimate act’.

People wasn’t allowed to go to funeral of their loved, people was following rules for 12 weeks, cancelling wedding etc.

Double standards and chaos and uncertainty are destructive. We needn’t this definitely.

I think they will find a trick and cover this or to satisfy public they will just perform a magic....

I don’t trust any of them anymore even if before I had a 10% trust, so from today I have -100% trust in them. They are not better them autocratic or dictator regimes or me. "

I'm afraid I tend to agree with you there. I don't know how we can possibly trust their rules now and it will become even more of a free for all. And they will have no-one but themselves to blame when people cease to believe anything they say. We always knew Bozo was an inveterate liar and now they all seem to be jumping on that particular bandwagon. This is a sure-fire way to lose the public goodwill on which the success of the government strategy depends.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I was a bit behind the times. Apparently it was essential travel in the best interests of a child - sentimental tosh! What's more, the police who attended have been accused of making it all up (= lying). If the general public swallow these excuses, they will swallow anything. The lesson to top Tories? Do what you like and we will find a way to defend you.

I don’t trust any of them anymore even if before I had a 10% trust, so from today I have -100% trust in them. They are not better them autocratic or dictator regimes or me.

I'm afraid I tend to agree with you there. I don't know how we can possibly trust their rules now and it will become even more of a free for all. And they will have no-one but themselves to blame when people cease to believe anything they say. We always knew Bozo was an inveterate liar and now they all seem to be jumping on that particular bandwagon. This is a sure-fire way to lose the public goodwill on which the success of the government strategy depends."

Such situation creates a very strong 0-level-trust.

Stupid wording of their explanation is shocking - 260miles in one car with 2 potentially ill adults and child - of course it is f*ink very safe....

"I'm more surprised that with all the tory shit breaking the law that the British public have just not revolted over this and just go back to normal?? Are they going to arrest everyone if that happens?? Now in week 11 and people are feeling angrier now and with this coming out."

Are you still campaigning to drop everything and send the country back to work? You are not alone in that view but definitely in a minority.

Do you think all the lockdowns were a waste of time from day one?

I am not surprised that the likes of Gove and Raab jumped to his defence, but I am disappointed that Sunak has now joined the chorus of approval. I had seen him as being a cut above his dubious colleagues, but now I wonder.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 6 weeks ago

I don't agree with what he did but I don't think it's a license for everyone to do the same.

This is just a sideshow really diverting people from the real issues of the day.

It's just a given that some Tories are lying mercenary bastards just as some from all parties are.

We should all focus on the important stuff not the freak show nonsense.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I don't agree with what he did but I don't think it's a license for everyone to do the same.

This is just a sideshow really diverting people from the real issues of the day.

It's just a given that some Tories are lying mercenary bastards just as some from all parties are.

We should all focus on the important stuff not the freak show nonsense."

So with your first statement you say that different rule for different layers of population is a right thing? I disagree especially if it goes about pandemics and other disasters.

The same with the second statement - different punishment for different people, so justice and rules, and law if applicable differently depend on status of person. Also disagree.

Third statement - ‘some’ is a bring definition. It should be said - top government figures responsible for taking key decisions and lives of population of the entire country.

With the last statement - agree!

XXX pic...
login to view

"I am not surprised that the likes of Gove and Raab jumped to his defence, but I am disappointed that Sunak has now joined the chorus of approval. I had seen him as being a cut above his dubious colleagues, but now I wonder."

I was very surprised that sunak defends Dom’s behaviour.... or they were instructed or it is his position - in any way he propped too deep down in my rating of respected by me people

By *eeksYounger  (M) 6 weeks ago

To paraphrase Walter Scott,

"Oh what a tangled web they weave, when neo-Nastys pactise to deceive!"

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 6 weeks ago

That is so true. The Very-Nasty Part [aka the Labour Party] tend to forget that two of their MPs---Tahir Ali and Stephen Kinnock---both broke the lockdown rules, as did Vaughan Gething. the Welsh Labour government's health minister and chief 'architect of the Welsh lockdown rukes.

I'm sure a good many other politician of all hues have broken or bent the lockdown rules. No doubt a lot of other high ranking officials have to. I'm not condoning it at all as they should be setting an example.

I might add that I am not defending Dominic Cummings although I am reading various reports as to when and why his 'crime' took place. The usual gang on here will be shocked to know I am not a fan of his. I find there is something very unsavoury and sinister about him

"That is so true. The Very-Nasty Part [aka the Labour Party] tend to forget that two of their MPs---Tahir Ali and Stephen Kinnock---both broke the lockdown rules, as did Vaughan Gething. the Welsh Labour government's health minister and chief 'architect of the Welsh lockdown rukes.

I'm sure a good many other politician of all hues have broken or bent the lockdown rules. No doubt a lot of other high ranking officials have to. I'm not condoning it at all as they should be setting an example.

I might add that I am not defending Dominic Cummings although I am reading various reports as to when and why his 'crime' took place. The usual gang on here will be shocked to know I am not a fan of his. I find there is something very unsavoury and sinister about him"

Not just him. It's the whole rotten lot of them!

XXX pic...
login to view

"That is so true. The Very-Nasty Part [aka the Labour Party] tend to forget that two of their MPs---Tahir Ali and Stephen Kinnock---both broke the lockdown rules, as did Vaughan Gething. the Welsh Labour government's health minister and chief 'architect of the Welsh lockdown rukes.

I might add that I am not defending Dominic Cummings although I am reading various reports as to when and why his 'crime' took place. The usual gang on here will be shocked to know I am not a fan of his. I find there is something very unsavoury and sinister about him"

You are a bit confused. Term Gang is more suitable to the gang you fanatically love and blindly Accept. But this is your Full right For self-delusion and Fanatism. We all people and Free to choose.

No matter who in what party broke the lockdown rules they should all hang their heads in shame, as one said on this feed the general public have suffered enough especially not being able to attend a loved one's funeral. The bullshit gets worse every day and what with "if you have no sense of taste or smell" you must stay in as you could have symptoms is the best I've heard in age's!! I suffer severely with Hayfever and have no senses at the moment so they can fuck off on that one! I've now let my trusted client's know if they want a service I will provide them with one, if it's OK for minister's to flout the law it's good enough for me. If we don't take the risk of getting our lives back on track today we will still be in this situation in October?? I've told my clients it's up to them to take it and so far fully booked up till next Friday. They've all said if they the ministers can do what they please so will they.

I might add that I am not defending Dominic Cummings although I am reading various reports as to when and why his 'crime' took place. The usual gang on here will be shocked to know I am not a fan of his. I find there is something very unsavoury and sinister about him

You are a bit confused. Term Gang is more suitable to the gang you fanatically love and blindly Accept. But this is your Full right For self-delusion and Fanatism. We all people and Free to choose. "

I'm not the slightest bit confused but fear you may well be. There does appear to be a little gang on this forum whom I secretly call the BBC [Boris Bashing Club] You may not officially be a member but you do appear to nod in agreement with some of their---shall we say---less outrageous comments.

As for me I am not a member of any gang. Yes I was a member of the Conservative party from some time in the 1970s until 2002, and I still vote for them and support them in most things, but am not a blind adherent. More a Conservative by default because 75% of the time we are singing off the same hymn-sheet and the other parties, and their leaders, are too awful to contemplate,

Numbers 32:23

". . . behold you have sinned against the Lord, and be sure your sins will find you out!"

Talking about sinners, where the fuck is Bozo? Having yet another party at Chequers?

It was inevitable that someone would spend time gathering names of other wrongdoers from other parties so as to put the argument that two, or multiple, wrongs make Cummings right. This is one instance where what he did was either wrong (as many of those who stayed at home as instructed and missed out on seeing their family members or even missed their last days and funerals) or right (apparently anyone high up in the Tory party). Deflecting by citing other people who did similar things does not, in my opinion, have anything at all to do with forming a judgement on what Cummings did. He clearly broke his own rules while many thousands of other people who stuck by the rules suffered as a result and did not decide just to flout the rules because it would have suited their own circumstances to do so. The fact that there will be no consequences is a poor reflection of the integrity of Cummings and his boss. It will justifiably be seen by many people as a green light to disregard the guidelines as they stand, and therefore contribute to their failure.

I'm guessing that comment was aimed at me although if it was you clearly did not read what I said. No way did I defend Cummings although, looking at other internet sites he has a lot of supporters. I certainly was not implying that 'two wrongs make a right' [favourite catchphrase of one of our esteemed contributors] I don't even like Cummings and often despair at our political leaders [Blair, Mrs May, Corbyn amongst others] having such dodgy people as their chief advisors

Mentioning two other MPs who blatantly disregarded the lockdown was done to try and redress the balance as I still cannot find the forum rule that you can only be nasty/critical of Conservatives

"I'm guessing that comment was aimed at me although if it was you clearly did not read what I said. No way did I defend Cummings although, looking at other internet sites he has a lot of supporters. I certainly was not implying that 'two wrongs make a right' [favourite catchphrase of one of our esteemed contributors] I don't even like Cummings and often despair at our political leaders [Blair, Mrs May, Corbyn amongst others] having such dodgy people as their chief advisors

Mentioning two other MPs who blatantly disregarded the lockdown was done to try and redress the balance as I still cannot find the forum rule that you can only be nasty/critical of Conservatives"

Conservative Party died in 2016. RIP

XXX pic...
login to view

"I'm guessing that comment was aimed at me although if it was you clearly did not read what I said. No way did I defend Cummings although, looking at other internet sites he has a lot of supporters. I certainly was not implying that 'two wrongs make a right' [favourite catchphrase of one of our esteemed contributors] I don't even like Cummings and often despair at our political leaders [Blair, Mrs May, Corbyn amongst others] having such dodgy people as their chief advisors

Mentioning two other MPs who blatantly disregarded the lockdown was done to try and redress the balance as I still cannot find the forum rule that you can only be nasty/critical of Conservatives"

Clear question to you: do you accept behaviour of your bj&co regarding the today’s situation with Dom? Yes or no?

Simple question with two possible answer only. Or you prefer to answer in bj&co style - empty words without meaning but a lot of them?//

XXX pic...
login to view
By *udekeith  (M) 6 weeks ago

"

"

That’s rather a silly comment as the Conservative Party has formed the government of today. Not sure how long they will cling on to that role though.

"

That’s rather a silly comment as the Conservative Party has formed the government of today. Not sure how long they will cling on to that role though."

The Conservative Party has been taken over by a thoroughly vicious group of right-wingers. The Neo Nasty Party! There is nothing silly about that. By their acts shall ye know them!

"

That’s rather a silly comment as the Conservative Party has formed the government of today. Not sure how long they will cling on to that role though."

Until at least the Autumn of 2024 and perhaps longer if their is no viable alternative by then.

XXX pic...
login to view

"

That’s rather a silly comment as the Conservative Party has formed the government of today. Not sure how long they will cling on to that role though.

Until at least the Autumn of 2024 and perhaps longer if their is no viable alternative by then."

Not sure any other party would prefer people die

"

The Conservative Party has been taken over by a thoroughly vicious group of right-wingers. The Neo Nasty Party! There is nothing silly about that. By their acts shall ye know them!"

Another rather silly statement because just not true. Even a left-leaning professor of politics had to admit that Boris comes from the liberal wing of the party and, although the ERG group tried to take over, they failed. Managed to get on of their group into a fairly innocuous cabinet post but the rest consigned to the back-benches.

If you want to look at a party where the extremists have taken over then look no further than the neo Marxist/very nasty Labour Party. They may have just elected a more moderate looking figurehead but it is still very much in the hands of the far left.

If you think what Cummings did is wrong then there is no balance to redress (a wrong action is a wrong action and no matter how many other people have done the same thing, it is still wrong and the balance does not shift) and of course he will have a lot of supporters for his wrongdoing. The general view on this thread is that his action was an arrogant disregard for his own rules and therefore wrong. His many supporters on other internet sites are irrelevant to this thread as they have not expressed their views on here. If what he did is to be forgiven and forgotten, then the same should apply to anyone else who acts contrary to the guidelines. As for a rule about only being critical of the Tories, as the leader of the CBC (Corbyn Bashing Coterie), you should be well aware that you had a field day when he was Labour leader and even now still keep bringing him up.

XXX pic...
login to view

"

The Conservative Party has been taken over by a thoroughly vicious group of right-wingers. The Neo Nasty Party! There is nothing silly about that. By their acts shall ye know them!

Another rather silly statement because just not true. Even a left-leaning professor of politics had to admit that Boris comes from the liberal wing of the party and, although the ERG group tried to take over, they failed. Managed to get on of their group into a fairly innocuous cabinet post but the rest consigned to the back-benches.

If you want to look at a party where the extremists have taken over then look no further than the neo Marxist/very nasty Labour Party. They may have just elected a more moderate looking figurehead but it is still very much in the hands of the far left."

You haven’t answered question?

Mentioning two other MPs who blatantly disregarded the lockdown was done to try and redress the balance as I still cannot find the forum rule that you can only be nasty/critical of Conservatives

Clear question to you: do you accept behaviour of your bj&co regarding the today’s situation with Dom? Yes or no?

Simple question with two possible answer only. Or you prefer to answer in bj&co style - empty words without meaning but a lot of them?//"

You are right. However, I doubt you will get a yes or no answer as befits the question. More likely some Bozo-like flannel about not liking Cummings but ... This has nothing to do with liking or disliking Cummings; it relates specifically to judging whether an action is right or wrong.

XXX pic...
login to view

"If you think what Cummings did is wrong then there is no balance to redress (a wrong action is a wrong action and no matter how many other people have done the same thing, it is still wrong and the balance does not shift) and of course he will have a lot of supporters for his wrongdoing. The general view on this thread is that his action was an arrogant disregard for his own rules and therefore wrong. His many supporters on other internet sites are irrelevant to this thread as they have not expressed their views on here. If what he did is to be forgiven and forgotten, then the same should apply to anyone else who acts contrary to the guidelines. As for a rule about only being critical of the Tories, as the leader of the CBC (Corbyn Bashing Coterie), you should be well aware that you had a field day when he was Labour leader and even now still keep bringing him up."

Mate, I call this a hidden danger - try9ng to cover up his actions they will create a lot of explanation that will contradict to each other. The problem is that this opens a door to free interpretation of covid guidelines, hence, create additional chaos, so, people will start ignore these guidelines and it can creat increase in new cases ....

I see it this way ....

XXX pic...
login to view

Simple question with two possible answer only. Or you prefer to answer in bj&co style - empty words without meaning but a lot of them?//

You are right. However, I doubt you will get a yes or no answer as befits the question. More likely some Bozo-like flannel about not liking Cummings but ... This has nothing to do with liking or disliking Cummings; it relates specifically to judging whether an action is right or wrong."

It is ok. I’ve got answer - he ignored question and wasn’t able to answer - this calls double face or double standards.

But it is ok, as I told - we all different, Me and other people do not like to have blisters on the tongue But some ‘vistimised’ loves it to have.

Well if you know the answer then why bother to ask the question? Pointless me answering it anyway because whatever answer I gave I would be instantly condemned and accused of being two-faced and having double-standards.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Well if you know the answer then why bother to ask the question? Pointless me answering it anyway because whatever answer I gave I would be instantly condemned and accused of being two-faced and having double-standards."

Not agree. I don’t know your answer and this is the reason I ask.

But yes, it was a test-question to understand your genuine nature.

And as I told you are not obligated to answer - no answer is also a clear answer.

As you know I am like ‘Switzerland’, I don’t belong to any crowd, and I criticise all part if in my opinion they are not right or can make things better...

This was the reason if my question. I’ve got answer even if you didn’t answer and chosen victim strategy.

So, no worries, I understand .

Regarding me: my answer is no. (If it is important for you to know my answer)

"If you think what Cummings did is wrong then there is no balance to redress (a wrong action is a wrong action and no matter how many other people have done the same thing, it is still wrong and the balance does not shift) and of course he will have a lot of supporters for his wrongdoing. The general view on this thread is that his action was an arrogant disregard for his own rules and therefore wrong. His many supporters on other internet sites are irrelevant to this thread as they have not expressed their views on here. If what he did is to be forgiven and forgotten, then the same should apply to anyone else who acts contrary to the guidelines. As for a rule about only being critical of the Tories, as the leader of the CBC (Corbyn Bashing Coterie), you should be well aware that you had a field day when he was Labour leader and even now still keep bringing him up.

Mate, I call this a hidden danger - try9ng to cover up his actions they will create a lot of explanation that will contradict to each other. The problem is that this opens a door to free interpretation of covid guidelines, hence, create additional chaos, so, people will start ignore these guidelines and it can creat increase in new cases ....

I see it this way ...."

That is exactly what I fear. People have in the main been diligent in keeping to the guidelines despite their individual suffering. The more the elite flout the rules and are defended in doing so, the more likely others will follow and the ultimate outcome is more likely to be increased infection rates and a second peak. But they won't ascribe that to setting a poor example and will probably blame the public for being 'stupid' and showing lack of 'common sense'.

By *eros54  (M) 6 weeks ago

"I'm more surprised that with all the tory shit breaking the law that the British public have just not revolted over this and just go back to normal?? Are they going to arrest everyone if that happens?? Now in week 11 and people are feeling angrier now and with this coming out.

Are you still campaigning to drop everything and send the country back to work? You are not alone in that view but definitely in a minority.

Do you think all the lockdowns were a waste of time from day one? "

Did you ever get an answer? desperate_jon has views different to mine but more interesting than the current punch and judy show on this thread .

"I'm more surprised that with all the tory shit breaking the law that the British public have just not revolted over this and just go back to normal?? Are they going to arrest everyone if that happens?? Now in week 11 and people are feeling angrier now and with this coming out.

Did you ever get an answer? desperate_jon has views different to mine but more interesting than the current punch and judy show on this thread ."

More to the point, what is your view of Cummings flouting the rules he imposed for others, which is the actual topic of this thread?

I wouldn't shed any tears if Dominic Cummings was to go as I find it very easy to dislike him intensely.

The trip he made during lockdown was certainly unwise bearing in mind his position in government and the need to be seen doing the right thing but even after reading several reports I cannot decide how bad that decision was or whether it was unlawful.

I would like to add that threads evolve regardless of whether _astkenter or anyone else does not like it. Nobody own the thread or has any right to police it.

My own question was referring to another members post and was on the subject of lockdown.

Did you ever get an answer? desperate_jon has views different to mine but more interesting than the current punch and judy show on this thread ."

I reiterate my earlier question to desperate_jon.

*orum reader By *orum reader  (M) 6 weeks ago

Just been seeing reports of a 2nd breach by Dominic Cummings

Can't comment on those as it's just in one news group

With regards the original post I feel his position is untenable so he should resign ( but I dont think he will )

When I put it on my Web page this morning my phone rang within 5 minutes, my first booking tomorrow morning. When I explained the guy said if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander. Another booking said roughly the same but government listening on science to much and said them scientists are paying the bullies back for being picked on for being a swot at school?? I'll ask him to explain tomorrow. But all I was saying was we have to take the risk but behave ourselves, keep your distance and certainly don't gather. Make sure your hygienically clean at all times. If we carry on with the way the government wants to run this situation we will still be here in months to come. Somebody's head will roll in the tory party and it'll be the innocent one, yet another major company today folded with the loss of 2000 job's and where will they find future employment?? It won't be long before the government will be relying on the key workers to help out the general public as their the only people earning!! Bubbles are bursting and if it carries on much longer there will be an explosion. My mind was made up this morning when I see Cummings on the morning news and with the response from client's I sort of feel a little liberated. I'll be over sensible as not to push boundaries as I now think it's time we all moved on, not wait for the government to tell us so.

"Just been seeing reports of a 2nd breach by Dominic Cummings

With regards the original post I feel his position is untenable so he should resign ( but I dont think he will )"

There are indeed allegations of Cummings breaching the lock-down rules on two other occasions. If true, they put paid to the justifications given by cabinet ministers and leave their credibility in tatters. Will be interesting to see what new excuses they come up with tomorrow.

XXX pic...
login to view

"When I put it on my Web page this morning my phone rang within 5 minutes, my first booking tomorrow morning. When I explained the guy said if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander. Another booking said roughly the same but government listening on science to much and said them scientists are paying the bullies back for being picked on for being a swot at school?? I'll ask him to explain tomorrow. But all I was saying was we have to take the risk but behave ourselves, keep your distance and certainly don't gather. Make sure your hygienically clean at all times. If we carry on with the way the government wants to run this situation we will still be here in months to come. Somebody's head will roll in the tory party and it'll be the innocent one, yet another major company today folded with the loss of 2000 job's and where will they find future employment?? It won't be long before the government will be relying on the key workers to help out the general public as their the only people earning!! Bubbles are bursting and if it carries on much longer there will be an explosion. My mind was made up this morning when I see Cummings on the morning news and with the response from client's I sort of feel a little liberated. I'll be over sensible as not to push boundaries as I now think it's time we all moved on, not wait for the government to tell us so."

Not sure that it is the solution but agree that we all are tired from lockdown and we all need to work.

In my activity isn’t so simple - insurance company and professional bodies still not allowed to work face to face.

So I have no choice, so I can only wait

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 5 weeks ago

"Just been seeing reports of a 2nd breach by Dominic Cummings

With regards the original post I feel his position is untenable so he should resign ( but I dont think he will )"

I admit this is Schadenfreude, but I now almost hope he stays on. The longer he stays and the more vehemently he is defended by the government, the greater the damage to the government's already tarnished image and its shrinking credibility. A simple refusal to consider any further allegations is not likely to go down well with the public - in a YouGov survey 68% of respondents believe he did break lock-down rules. At the least, that does suggest that the government may be out of step with the general public in this regard. That is not a good thing at this time when the success of their strategy depends largely on goodwill.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

The Liar wont sack Cummings, he likes to be surrounded by liars.

By *ikey1973   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

Can an employee be legally sacked for visiting relatives during the lockdown guidelines?

"Can an employee be legally sacked for visiting relatives during the lockdown guidelines? "

That is not the point. The point is should a person who helped set guidelines for other people be permitted to flout the guidelines that apply to others? I don't see this as being about legality but rather the arrogance of the 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 5 weeks ago

"Can an employee be legally sacked for visiting relatives during the lockdown guidelines?

That is not the point. The point is should a person who helped set guidelines for other people be permitted to flout the guidelines that apply to others? I don't see this as being about legality but rather the arrogance of the 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude."

Watching their ‘excuses’ and sympathy for Dom, I decided ignore them all - but good thing is that now we all know faces and members of Maria...

They already lost trust in everything they do. So now it is not important what they will do with Dom to satisfy public - they showed their genuine faces and what and who they are.

Nothing new to expect from those group of creatures. Herd immunity for herds!!!

Don created good slogans, shame that all this became a big fat fake.

RIP govt

XXX pic...
login to view

"Can an employee be legally sacked for visiting relatives during the lockdown guidelines?

That is not the point. The point is should a person who helped set guidelines for other people be permitted to flout the guidelines that apply to others? I don't see this as being about legality but rather the arrogance of the 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude."

When he followed any rules???

Watching his behaviour I see a lot of signs of psychopath and sociopath. Wish him be helped!

It is very much the point if some people are calling for him to be sacked.

By *esperate jon  (M) 5 weeks ago

When I watched that prick Cummings on news this morning say "he doesn't care what we think" says it all, go back to your normal life guy's as this government don't give two flying fucks about you.

"When I watched that prick Cummings on news this morning say "he doesn't care what we think" says it all, go back to your normal life guy's as this government don't give two flying fucks about you. "

It's not surprising he is so unpopular. I haven't met one single person who likes him.

It's all the other minister's saying he did nothing wrong that bemuses me as if you done what that knob did you'd be classed as wrong. One rule for them but you have to follow their say so? Well fuck the tory government I'm going back to normal. I've gone passed caring now.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 weeks ago

"When I watched that prick Cummings on news this morning say "he doesn't care what we think" says it all, go back to your normal life guy's as this government don't give two flying fucks about you.

It's not surprising he is so unpopular. I haven't met one single person who likes him. "

Bozo seems too

"It's all the other minister's saying he did nothing wrong that bemuses me as if you done what that knob did you'd be classed as wrong. One rule for them but you have to follow their say so? Well fuck the tory government I'm going back to normal. I've gone passed caring now. "

I think you will be one of many. This may well be the final nail in the government's strategy. I think it is a dangerous thing to do, but if it's OK for one of theirs then it has to be OK for all of us. I guess Jenrick will refuse to address this issue at today's briefing or will defend Cummings (but he would have to as he also broke lock-down regulations).

XXX pic...
login to view

"It's all the other minister's saying he did nothing wrong that bemuses me as if you done what that knob did you'd be classed as wrong. One rule for them but you have to follow their say so? Well fuck the tory government I'm going back to normal. I've gone passed caring now.

I think you will be one of many. This may well be the final nail in the government's strategy. I think it is a dangerous thing to do, but if it's OK for one of theirs then it has to be OK for all of us. I guess Jenrick will refuse to address this issue at today's briefing or will defend Cummings (but he would have to as he also broke lock-down regulations)."

They are too busy for such problem solving. Bj is invisible as usually and sure will not show himself ....

And don’t forget- tomorrow they are going to ease further the lockdown.... (good strategy)

It will be a strategy which will please _esperate jon and many others who want to get back to work. Many don't believe we should have had a lockdown at all and that would explain why many ignored it.

*usansilkysubcd By *usansilkysubcd  (TV/TS/CD) 5 weeks ago

That is not the point. The point is should a person who helped set guidelines for other people be permitted to flout the guidelines that apply to others? I don't see this as being about legality but rather the arrogance of the 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude.

It is very much the point if some people are calling for him to be sacked. "

It’s only the usual tedious leftards and Guardian etc who are. Most other people couldn’t care less. The Corbynator has been seen wandering around London for weeks before and after he shuffled off, and he has never done anything essential in his life. Nobody reports that. I know he is irrelevant but still what’s the difference. There are more important things to worry about than a guy travelling to Durham anyway. Everyone I know has broken lockdown one way or another. People on here are so hypocritical.

XXX pic...
login to view

"It will be a strategy which will please _esperate jon and many others who want to get back to work. Many don't believe we should have had a lockdown at all and that would explain why many ignored it. "

What lockdown??? We haven’t

It was just an advice. And today we know - 70mio people just are so stupid that they didn’t understand what govt wanted from them.

So, no, we hadn’t lockdown, we hadn’t any clear guidelines - everything should be considered as you want to see.

XXX pic...
login to view

"It will be a strategy which will please _esperate jon and many others who want to get back to work. Many don't believe we should have had a lockdown at all and that would explain why many ignored it. "

And in case if Dom will be sacked, will his mafia friends sunak, gove, Hancock, bj and other apologies???????

Not sure they will at all - they showed that people for them just dolls... they play what they want and they will lying more and more

We had very clear guidelines regarding lockdown although it was never written into law. Of course the majority strived to comply with all the safety advice but there were still many who didn't. I doubt anyone in the country was unaware of the lockdown.

I never stopped working and still haven't but when not at work I self isolated and when out I was very aware of distancing. At work I have taken all possible precautions to maintain safety.

From day one all the advice was very clear to me and my friends, family and colleagues. I think some deliberately pretended to not understand as it made "funny" posts on social media.

XXX pic...
login to view

"We had very clear guidelines regarding lockdown although it was never written into law. Of course the majority strived to comply with all the safety advice but there were still many who didn't. I doubt anyone in the country was unaware of the lockdown.

I never stopped working and still haven't but when not at work I self isolated and when out I was very aware of distancing. At work I have taken all possible precautions to maintain safety.

From day one all the advice was very clear to me and my friends, family and colleagues. I think some deliberately pretended to not understand as it made "funny" posts on social media. "

The same here, it calls a responsibility for others and yourself.

By the way, small clarification : there is a huge difference between self-isolation and quarantine. Hope you did the second option.

Advice WAS clear, up to yesterday... and as we know from comments of our leaders the meaning of this guidelines is different. I see that they like to change everything - numbers of tests (double count, posted, etc), guidelines how count victims and tests, and now - the meaning of what they told us to do.

This Is not about pretending - people lost their loved, wasn’t able to attend to funerals, people were left alone to struggle, families, kids, people didn’t see relatives, weddings cancelled, etc.... a lot.... But occasionally a new explanations of what you can and what you cannot even if you symptomatic and ill makes people angry... trust is lost. No apologies should be expected - for me it is great sign who we are for so called lying leaders

The government could have saved a lot of time and effort if, as it now transpires, the actual guidance was 'Do whatever you find expedient, especially if you are a member of the elite'.

"We had very clear guidelines regarding lockdown although it was never written into law. Of course the majority strived to comply with all the safety advice but there were still many who didn't. I doubt anyone in the country was unaware of the lockdown.

From day one all the advice was very clear to me and my friends, family and colleagues. I think some deliberately pretended to not understand as it made "funny" posts on social media.

The same here, it calls a responsibility for others and yourself.

By the way, small clarification : there is a huge difference between self-isolation and quarantine. Hope you did the second option.

Advice WAS clear, up to yesterday... and as we know from comments of our leaders the meaning of this guidelines is different. I see that they like to change everything - numbers of tests (double count, posted, etc), guidelines how count victims and tests, and now - the meaning of what they told us to do.

This Is not about pretending - people lost their loved, wasn’t able to attend to funerals, people were left alone to struggle, families, kids, people didn’t see relatives, weddings cancelled, etc.... a lot.... But occasionally a new explanations of what you can and what you cannot even if you symptomatic and ill makes people angry... trust is lost. No apologies should be expected - for me it is great sign who we are for so called lying leaders "

I can't disagree with much of that. I'm well aware of the deaths of loved ones as I work in a hospital for the NHS.

I see over and over posters on social media more intent on trying to sound funny or simply taking the piss when, as you rightly point out, it is a very serious matter.

It is very much the point if some people are calling for him to be sacked.

It’s only the usual tedious leftards and Guardian etc who are. Most other people couldn’t care less. The Corbynator has been seen wandering around London for weeks before and after he shuffled off, and he has never done anything essential in his life. Nobody reports that. I know he is irrelevant but still what’s the difference. There are more important things to worry about than a guy travelling to Durham anyway. Everyone I know has broken lockdown one way or another. People on here are so hypocritical. "

Sorry to say this, but you must know some dodgy people if they all broke lock-down and potentially contributed to spreading the virus and causing others to become ill or even die. Knowing the possible consequences, it is a strange morality that sees breaking lock-down as something of a badge of honour.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *udekeith  (M) 5 weeks ago

I have to wonder how many of the people are saying that they will go back to normal now because Cummings has been a total twat are also the ones who condemned the idea of herd immunity?

I wonder how many of those who decide to ignore the restrictions now will be the ones who blame the Government when we get a second wave?

I wonder what has happened to the concept of taking responsibility for your own wellbeing?

By *eros54  (M) 5 weeks ago

You've hit the nail on the head.

We are adults living in he real world and need to take responsibility for ourselves and our loved ones.

Too much social media and newspaper 'scoops' and not enough reality.

There ain't no point slatting people wanting to get back to work? Reference to _ikey1973, I love my job's and my business and after 11 week's I've had enough. Please understand if that twat Boris kept me shut for another 5 month's I'd still be financially ok?? It's not the point though as bored with this now. If it's OK for his work mate's to break the law he has to except people will follow. Cummings will eventually be hung out to dry with one fucking good pay off. Keep your distance and carry on as you used too is what I say but that's my opinion. After this revelation about the tory party many people will not listen now as Boris has failed the country good and proper. People on this site will be slagging me for that statement but as said gone passed caring now.

I agree with you desperate_jon. No-one should be slated for the decisions they make. We are in unknown territory and we have to make some decisions ourselves.

Boris Johnson is no different from us or other leaders across the world. none of them know what is going to happen so they cann only make the decisions they believe that can save the most lives and hopefully keep some businesses going (like yours perhaps).

People on this site may slag you but I don't see why. We are all doing what we think is best I'm working again but still have guys on furlough until they are needed. Even Cummings was making a decision which he felt was the right one for his family and I won't slate him either.

We are so busy sniping and whining and pointing fingers I think we lose track of reality.

"You've hit the nail on the head.

We are adults living in he real world and need to take responsibility for ourselves and our loved ones.

Too much social media and newspaper 'scoops' and not enough reality."

The left and the MSM have always had it in for Cummings ever since he masterminded Labours annihilation at the last election. Of course he is a threat to them and they are still flailing and floundering so will try and get rid of him. So he took his child to his parents for its safety. So what? Many others would have done the same. This is such a non story it’s pathetic. Maybe these scumbags should be more bothered about the hundreds of illegals coming over the channel unchecked riddled with god knows what. That’s a proper story with genuine repercussions.

So now we know Bozo is still firmly behind Cummings - one liar supports another and confirms their lack of integrity. Scumbags both.

It is not only Boris Johnson who is behind Cummings. Many people are throughout the country. Many feel that they would do the same if it was their own family.

But I have noted you do not approve.

Actually 68% in a YouGov poll think he broke lock-down, so there are also a lot of people throughout the country who are not behind him. Many thousands of people were in the same position with their families and yet obeyed the lock-down rules.

Of course a lot of people reading social media have impressions which may be false. Maybe some are right too.

If he has explained his situation from the viewpoint of a parent ensuring the welfare of his family and apparently he did keep to the self isolation rules at all times then I don't see the problem.

It isn't a situation that many parents would find themselves in but if they did then I'm sure any caring parent would take the best decision they could at the time.

It' a straightforward witch hunt.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Actually 68% in a YouGov poll think he broke lock-down, so there are also a lot of people throughout the country who are not behind him. Many thousands of people were in the same position with their families and yet obeyed the lock-down rules."

Bj told we must follow own instincts, fuck the rules... so, isn’t it an official end of lockdown?

Ferguson will be pardoned?????? He also followed his instincts.... or ...

XXX pic...
login to view

"Of course a lot of people reading social media have impressions which may be false. Maybe some are right too.

If he has explained his situation from the viewpoint of a parent ensuring the welfare of his family and apparently he did keep to the self isolation rules at all times then I don't see the problem.

It isn't a situation that many parents would find themselves in but if they did then I'm sure any caring parent would take the best decision they could at the time.

It' a straightforward witch hunt."

I was really sorry for bj, he looks very low and lost... struggled a lot... too much lying ... and death on his shoulders...

But at least now people hot a clear message - rules are for all except bj’s friends

I don't believe Johnson did say that. He said that everyone should follow the rules and that it was written in the rules that there might be instances where family circumstances dictate alternative actions.

It's no big deal. We all know that through illness or work etc some parents have had to make special arrangements.

I would certainly have done the same thing for my family. He self isolated and did what he thought was best he didnt just recklessly run down the supermarket hugging people. He did what most parents would do.

"Actually 68% in a YouGov poll think he broke lock-down, so there are also a lot of people throughout the country who are not behind him. Many thousands of people were in the same position with their families and yet obeyed the lock-down rules.

Bj told we must follow own instincts, fuck the rules... so, isn’t it an official end of lockdown?

Ferguson will be pardoned?????? He also followed his instincts.... or ..."

Yes, it is the end of lock-down and now a free for all. If doing what is easier for yourself is good enough for Bozo and his motley crew, it's the same for everyone. Shame they won't see that their failure to keep to their own rules will be taken as an example and potentially lead to a second wave of the virus as many people take the law into their own hands as Cummings did.

"I don't believe Johnson did say that. He said that everyone should follow the rules and that it was written in the rules that there might be instances where family circumstances dictate alternative actions.

It's no big deal. We all know that through illness or work etc some parents have had to make special arrangements.

I would certainly have done the same thing for my family. He self isolated and did what he thought was best he didnt just recklessly run down the supermarket hugging people. He did what most parents would do.

"

I don't think your last sentence is true. I know of many parents who did not do that and consequently suffered needlessly by keeping to the rules. I think most parents stayed at home as requested despite their difficult circumstances. Now they feel foolish as they could have had an easier time of it over the last nine weeks.

XXX pic...
login to view

"I don't believe Johnson did say that. He said that everyone should follow the rules and that it was written in the rules that there might be instances where family circumstances dictate alternative actions.

"

Actually he told

XXX pic...
login to view

"

I think you are adequate and clever enough to not put your own son in a car with you and your wife ill and drive hours (what is already not safe at all)… I am not sure that you would like to put your own son in the situation where to get virus is on maximum possible level.

Without a lot more details of illnesses and times etc I could not possibly say at what stage I would share car with other members of family or children but I cannot see why it would be a problem as they were together in the home already.

None of us know the precise details of Cummings or the rationale behind his decision but if it was with family welfare in mind then even had it been the wrong decision it would hardly be reason to vilify the parents.

As it happens from everything I have heard it was within the guideline no matter how much some jokers on social media wishes it wasn't.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Without a lot more details of illnesses and times etc I could not possibly say at what stage I would share car with other members of family or children but I cannot see why it would be a problem as they were together in the home already.

None of us know the precise details of Cummings or the rationale behind his decision but if it was with family welfare in mind then even had it been the wrong decision it would hardly be reason to vilify the parents.

As it happens from everything I have heard it was within the guideline no matter how much some jokers on social media wishes it wasn't."

It was against everything what was in guidelines... 70mio people probably got other guidelines....

But at least now we know what to follow - instincts

I'm sure your not the only one who believes it was not within the guidelines. Something else of no importance to split the country.

I don't know exactly details of the Cummings family health or the explanation of why he took the actions for the welfare of his family.

Social media can guess at whether or not he was within government guidelines. From what I have heard today in particular I believe he was within government guidelines.

Maybe you are privy to information which I am not?

Maybe you know more about his families health than I do? Maybe you cannot see the rationale behind the reasons he felt he was doing the right thing?

That's fine. You might be right and I'm wong - or vice versa of course. We dont know but we can always rely on social media to make up the blanks.

*9al By *9al  (M) 5 weeks ago

at the downing street briefing there was an empty space where Cummings could have stood & answered for his actions, he was in Downing street. he choose not to but stayed behind BJ pulling his strings

The real danger here is that today's briefing and Bozo's blatant politicising by rewriting the rules to save his friend have spelt the end of lock-down. At a time when the government wish to ease lock-down slowly there may well be a free for all and I don't see how a government that has lost credibility will be able to control that. All actions have consequences, and in this case I fear Bozo's choice to defend Cummings and snub his nose at millions of people who have done the right thing will also have negative consequences. Is saving Cummings' career really more important than potentially risking the lives of many thousands of people who now also decide to flout the rules?

"Of course a lot of people reading social media have impressions which may be false. Maybe some are right too.

I was really sorry for bj, he looks very low and lost... struggled a lot... too much lying ... and death on his shoulders...

But at least now people hot a clear message - rules are for all except bj’s friends"

And what about Labour’s Stephen Kinnock MP, driving 250 miles to deliver a birthday cake to old Neil, what about Gordon Ramsay driving all the way to Cornwall to his holiday mansion and upsetting the locals. What about the Labour guy attending a wedding with 100 others? What about all the footballers having prostitutes etc sent to their homes? What about Corbyn wandering needlessly around parliament when people his age were told to stay at home? I don’t hear calls for any of these to be sacked. It’s just a pathetic witch-hunt. Nobody cares. The pandemic has turned people into judgemental tattle tales. Personally I couldn’t give a toss about any of those I mentioned above. Let them get on with it. My neighbours have had a party for the last 6 weekends but I havnt been calling the stasi police to have them all arrested. Their choices are up to them. Most criticism and whining is driven by pathetic partisan politics or even worse, jealousy.

But at least now people hot a clear message - rules are for all except bj’s friends

And what about Labour’s Stephen Kinnock MP, driving 250 miles to deliver a birthday cake to old Neil, what about Gordon Ramsay driving all the way to Cornwall to his holiday mansion and upsetting the locals. What about the Labour guy attending a wedding with 100 others? What about all the footballers having prostitutes etc sent to their homes? What about Corbyn wandering needlessly around parliament when people his age were told to stay at home? I don’t hear calls for any of these to be sacked. It’s just a pathetic witch-hunt. Nobody cares. The pandemic has turned people into judgemental tattle tales. Personally I couldn’t give a toss about any of those I mentioned above. Let them get on with it. My neighbours have had a party for the last 6 weekends but I havnt been calling the stasi police to have them all arrested. Their choices are up to them. Most criticism and whining is driven by pathetic partisan politics or even worse, jealousy."

It is indeed the choice of those in the public eye and your neighbours to act like irresponsible twats. However, you are wrong to say that the criticism is driven by jealousy - it is driven by those who believed that keeping to the guidelines would help the NHS and save lives. Nor can it be driven by partisan politics as many Tories are critical of Cummings' escapades. As are many in the NHS who would be called upon to save the lives of the cretins (or heroes, in your view?) flouting lock-down.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

I see the main proponents of this storm in a teacup/piece of political point-scoring were that nasty little comic The Mirror [leftist version of the Sun] and the pseudo-intellectual Observer/Guardian. Blowing things out of all proportion as they have nothing better to make an issue of.

Personally I don't give a damn whether Cummings stays or goes. He's not someone I care for but that might be based on his unkempt appearance and attitude. Got to hand it to him in that he gets things done having masterminded the Brexit issue and the election victory. No wonder the Remainers and various opposition parties are baying for his blood. I even understand some of the Conservative right-wingers have joined in the fray since his actions have curtailed them somewhat

It would probably take a top barrister[s] to decide how far he bed or broke the law. Plenty doing it from all sides

*orum reader By *orum reader  (M) 5 weeks ago

I could possibly just accept he took his 4yr old to Durham to isolate safly but if that is the case why would you take your wife who already had the virus with them.

But even all of that only explains the first trip not the trip to a castle 30 miles from Durham or the reported 2nd trip to Durham on the 19th of april

XXX pic...
login to view

"I see the main proponents of this storm in a teacup/piece of political point-scoring were that nasty little comic The Mirror [leftist version of the Sun] and the pseudo-intellectual Observer/Guardian. Blowing things out of all proportion as they have nothing better to make an issue of.

Personally I don't give a damn whether Cummings stays or goes. He's not someone I care for but that might be based on his unkempt appearance and attitude. Got to hand it to him in that he gets things done having masterminded the Brexit issue and the election victory. No wonder the Remainers and various opposition parties are baying for his blood. I even understand some of the Conservative right-wingers have joined in the fray since his actions have curtailed them somewhat

It would probably take a top barrister[s] to decide how far he bed or broke the law. Plenty doing it from all sides"

I don’t care if he stays or goes too. But from today all rules are doubtful and not for all. Welcome the second wave of virus!

‘’We are doing a fantastic job’’

"I see the main proponents of this storm in a teacup/piece of political point-scoring were that nasty little comic The Mirror [leftist version of the Sun] and the pseudo-intellectual Observer/Guardian. Blowing things out of all proportion as they have nothing better to make an issue of.

It would probably take a top barrister[s] to decide how far he bed or broke the law. Plenty doing it from all sides"

I have not seen a single person claim that he broke the law. Some actions are not to do with legality but rather morality and integrity and the importance of setting a good example. And he has certainly failed on all those counts even if he did not do anything unlawful or illegal. Barristers are not required to judge morality or integrity

It would probably take a top barrister[s] to decide how far he bed or broke the law. Plenty doing it from all sides

I don’t care if he stays or goes too. But from today all rules are doubtful and not for all. Welcome the second wave of virus!

‘’We are doing a fantastic job’’"

I agree. This will probably help speed up the second wave. But, as you say, they are doing a fantastic job with 'only' 38,000 deaths. If that is success, I am glad we are saved from seeing a failure.

How do you know about the Mirror and the Guardian as you don't read them? Did your view of them come straight from head office diktats?

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 weeks ago

How do you know about the Mirror and the Guardian as you don't read them? Did your view of them come straight from head office diktats?"

Probably from the desk of Dominic Cummings

"

I agree. This will probably help speed up the second wave. But, as you say, they are doing a fantastic job with 'only' 38,000 deaths. If that is success, I am glad we are saved from seeing a failure."

Yes we are. If your favoured dithering bunch of buffoons had been in charge I daresay the death rate would have been at least twice as high.

"

I agree. This will probably help speed up the second wave. But, as you say, they are doing a fantastic job with 'only' 38,000 deaths. If that is success, I am glad we are saved from seeing a failure.

Yes we are. If your favoured dithering bunch of buffoons had been in charge I daresay the death rate would have been at least twice as high."

Your favoured dithering bunch of buffoons ARE in charge and the death toll is already high enough. Only a complete fool would take out his dusty crystal ball and make a prediction about the death toll being twice as high if someone else had been in charge. That is pure unfounded speculation and fantasy, whereas the 38,000 and rising is fact. Sounds like you would label that a success.

"I'm sure your not the only one who believes it was not within the guidelines. Something else of no importance to split the country.

I don't know exactly details of the Cummings family health or the explanation of why he took the actions for the welfare of his family.

Social media can guess at whether or not he was within government guidelines. From what I have heard today in particular I believe he was within government guidelines.

Maybe you are privy to information which I am not?

Maybe you know more about his families health than I do? Maybe you cannot see the rationale behind the reasons he felt he was doing the right thing?

That's fine. You might be right and I'm wong - or vice versa of course. We dont know but we can always rely on social media to make up the blanks. "

I think most people realise you are right and that they don't know the full details any more than we do but that will not stop them voicing their guesswork lol.

"

Yes we are. If your favoured dithering bunch of buffoons had been in charge I daresay the death rate would have been at least twice as high.

Your favoured dithering bunch of buffoons ARE in charge and the death toll is already high enough. Only a complete fool would take out his dusty crystal ball and make a prediction about the death toll being twice as high if someone else had been in charge. That is pure unfounded speculation and fantasy, whereas the 38,000 and rising is fact. Sounds like you would label that a success."

That's somewhat confusing. If only an idiot would take out their crystal ball to make a prediction of the deaths being higher with someone else in charge then that same crystal ball would not know if this government has done a good job or a bad job as the death toll could have been much higher had this government changed anything it had done.

I see no successes when we are all fighting an unknown virus and people are dying. Shamefully we are here making petty nit picking arguments while more people are dying.

It seems the petty arguments on tv, twitter and media are the really, really important thing.

I don't think there'll be a second wave of this virus as if everyone did follow the guide line's there shouldn't be a virus to spread. But looking at Southampton today you wouldn't think a lockdown or social distancing excited as many we're out and about and what for??!they looked even more sadder by looking into closed shop's!! Tomorrow is going to be a scorching day with the weather and being a bank holiday are you really going to see people abiding to the Boris rule as like his work mate Cummings followed?? No. The crowd's are going to be bigger and greater mark my word.. Cummings should have been at the breifing today to explain himself as Boris made a complete twat out himself by not giving a proper answer to every question asked on this matter. That why people won't listen anymore. Boris has only himself and his party to blame for what will happen next not the general public. As I've said previously. People have had just enough to take anymore..

"I don't think there'll be a second wave of this virus as if everyone did follow the guide line's there shouldn't be a virus to spread. "

Very true but although Johnson has laid down clear guidelines many members of the public don't see any danger and will carry on as normal and not distance from others.

It's surprising how many morons there are around.

Talking of morons I couldnt believe the ignorance of the press today at the briefing. Unbelievable that every member asked exactly the same question and unsurprisingly Johnson gave exactly the same answers.

It beggars belief how useless our media employees are.

"... that same crystal ball would not know if this government has done a good job or a bad job as the death toll could have been much higher had this government changed anything it had done."

By the same token, it is also possible to say that ' the death toll could have been much lower had this government changed anything it had done'. We can judge on the basis of being told that a death toll of 20,000 would be a good outcome. Therefore the figures so far suggest that we do not have a good outcome. The only performance that will ultimately be judged is that of the government in charge, not some hypothetical government that is not in power.

The Cummings debacle is only important because of the dangerous precedent that it sets. We now have it on the PM's authority that the guidelines are open to interpretation and we can act 'on instinct'. I hope I am wrong, but I fear that is a recipe for disaster and an upswing in transmission of the virus. If it becomes necessary to tighten lock-down again at some time, it would be perfectly understandable if people just adopted an 'up yours' attitude and took no notice.

'That why people won't listen anymore. Boris has only himself and his party to blame for what will happen next not the general public.'

I think you have summed it up very well there. He has given the green light to a free for all at a very delicate stage of easing lock-down. I don't see how any of the guidelines can now be taken seriously if all it takes is some clever semantics to excuse breaches. 'I'm acting on instinct' is now a valid reason for flouting the rules.

""I don't think there'll be a second wave of this virus as if everyone did follow the guide line's there shouldn't be a virus to spread. "

Very true but although Johnson has laid down clear guidelines many members of the public don't see any danger and will carry on as normal and not distance from others.

Talking of morons I couldnt believe the ignorance of the press today at the briefing. Unbelievable that every member asked exactly the same question and unsurprisingly Johnson gave exactly the same answers.

"

Good point but the truth is nobody has the answers. Nobody know what could happen or how things could have been different.

We do know that a serious virus is killing people while we snipe and gossip about one man trying to care for his child who may , or may not, have adhered to the guidelines.

""I don't think there'll be a second wave of this virus as if everyone did follow the guide line's there shouldn't be a virus to spread. "

Good point but the truth is nobody has the answers. Nobody know what could happen or how things could have been different.

We do know that a serious virus is killing people while we snipe and gossip about one man trying to care for his child who may , or may not, have adhered to the guidelines. "

It's not really about 'one man' who is just someone in our street. It is 'one man' who helped set guidelines that were intended to reduce the spread of the killer virus disregarding those very guidelines. It's about leaders setting or defending a bad example and still expecting the public at large to keep to the guidelines. 'Do as I say, not as I do' is never a good thing to keep people on side, especially at a time when people are fed up with lock-down and finding it more difficult to uphold the guidelines.

"It's not really about 'one man' who is just someone in our street. It is 'one man' who helped set guidelines that were intended to reduce the spread of the killer virus disregarding those very guidelines."

Actually it is about one man. Unless you include his family and child of whom he was protecting their best interests.It seems you are assuming you know more than the rest of us about Cummings illness, danger to his family, timing and why he made the decision he did.

I am assuming only what has been admitted. That he made the trip to Durham and from there to Barnard Castle. That he was 'soon to be incapacitated', which suggests he was not yet so. That in a city the size of London he could not find anyone else to look after his son. That he made his decision based on 'instinct'. I know Bozo thinks he has put this to bed but I will be very surprised if there is not more to come to light. And it has already undermined the credibility of the guidelines.

I'm not the type of person to guess and gossip or even assume someone's guilt or innocence.

Mr Johnson has put his own career on the line to stand by his aide with the loyalty very few get these days and he says his own long talks and explanation with Cummings lead him to believe no guidelines had been broken.

By *oxyman  (TV/TS/CD) 5 weeks ago

Why do the press only seem to mention Tory people supposidly breaking rule. No mention of labours Peter Kinnock Tahir Ali or the Welsh health minister Vaughan Gething

It makes no difference who in what party broke the rules, Cummings is in the party that's in charge of the country and should have made a statement that he was going to isolate for his families safety. If he had done this maybe people wouldn't be so hard on the twat. But it's his sheer arrogance that is making people angry and for the knob Boris saying it was in his fatherly instinct he did the right thing is beyond belief. It's Boris saying shut up I'll make the rules as he goes along with this situation. More is going to come out on this subject and Cummings and Boris just don't have a reasonable answer so maybe they should both stand down? In Sunday's breifing he showed how incompetent he is in the way he spoke to the nation. Like we are naughty little school boys and do as I say. Well he can now fuck off I'm back to normal as from now and I'll be careful but have to except that I'm breaking the rules but if it's OK to do as they please I'll do the same. They only have themselves to blame for this.

*oredEric By *oredEric   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

It’s about integrity, honesty, and doing the things you demand of others.

Given this is about politicians, of ALL persuasions, we can safely assume integrity, etc., are entirely irrelevant.

There was a time such behaviour would have required, and got, a resignation. Now, not a chance.

The law doesn’t apply to the Establishment. We’re ruled, not governed.

"Why do the press only seem to mention Tory people supposidly breaking rule. No mention of labours Peter Kinnock Tahir Ali or the Welsh health minister Vaughan Gething"

If Ali or Stephen Kinnock had a job in the labour shadow cabinet when they broke the rules. I wonder if Corbyn would have sacked them. I doubt it as he couldn’t really decide unless his paymasters at Momentum said so. Fortunately, the Labour Party has moved on. It has a new leader who seems to have more integrity in his little finger than the entire Conservative Government.

It does make you wonder what hold Cummings has over Bozo. Even Margaret Thatcher who was loyal beyond a fault to her ministers and staff (when they backed her) Would not have seen Cummings on the Government Payroll. He was the guy who had one of Sajid Javids’ special advisors frogmarched out of Downing Street because he thought she may have been responsible for a leak.

I doubt Cummings was looking after his child’s best interest, he has history of only looking out for himself

We do know that a serious virus is killing people while we snipe and gossip about one man trying to care for his child who may , or may not, have adhered to the guidelines. "

We don't have to know the truth. We have the media.

"Why do the press only seem to mention Tory people supposidly breaking rule. No mention of labours Peter Kinnock Tahir Ali or the Welsh health minister Vaughan Gething"

It matters not a jot who from whichever party has done what. Based on the government's support for the likes of Cummings and Jenrick, all the rule-breakers (alleged or actual) have acted on instinct and with integrity, so they have all done the 'right thing'. Morality, integrity and adherence to the rules for the general good out the back door and instinct, expediency and broad interpretation of the rules in the front door. The PM thinks he has pulled the wool over our eyes again and put this to bed. I think it will just encourage journalists to go on digging and who knows what they might find that is potentially even more damaging?

Although Boris Johnson has shown courage and loyalty to his colleague and I'm sure he believes, as I do, that his colleague did not break the rules but there is no doubt he broke the spirit of 5he rules.

I think Johnson will pay steeply for his loyalty.

XXX pic...
login to view

Interesting how some of the Liars supporters on here state only Leftards etc. are demanding that Cummings should be sacked. I think they will find that a growing number of Tory MPs. are also demanding he is sacked, you couldn't make it up.

If we didn't support a liar then we wouldn't support any politician at all. De honest they are all strangers to the truth and some of the biggest culprits for shouting 'liar' at others are actually the biggest liars themselves.

JollyDee is correct that there is a group of Conservative MPs called for Cummings to go. These are nearly all from the old ERG group who gave Mrs May such a hard time and who wanted to be the 'tail that wagged the dog' They hate Cummings because he helped secure the 80 seat majority which diminished their 'power'. They have now been reduced to being a small group of backbench eccentrics and they don't like it

XXX pic...
login to view

I would expect a reply like that from a supporter of the liar, not only Torys want Cummings sacked, but now Bishops and Arch Bishops want him sacked, whats your take on that?. Bojo is a bare faced liar and always has been.

The whole thing just smacks of desperation on The Hindsight Party’s part. They lost the last election by a landslide, have virtually no decent proper MPs left and have a weak and ineffective knight of the realm as leader. They tried to smear Priti Patel for doing her job and failed. They tried to smear Boris Johnson with the American woman allegations and failed. Now they are trying to smear Cummings and failing again. Then again I guess when you don’t have any policies or ideas and have just had the worst election in 80 plus years you will stoop to anything. Labour used to be a principled party for the working classes, now it’s full of racists, antisemites, virtue signallers, elitists and parasites. Their past leaders must be turning in their graves.

"If we didn't support a liar then we wouldn't support any politician at all. De honest they are all strangers to the truth and some of the biggest culprits for shouting 'liar' at others are actually the biggest liars themselves.

JollyDee is correct that there is a group of Conservative MPs called for Cummings to go. These are nearly all from the old ERG group who gave Mrs May such a hard time and who wanted to be the 'tail that wagged the dog' They hate Cummings because he helped secure the 80 seat majority which diminished their 'power'. They have now been reduced to being a small group of backbench eccentrics and they don't like it"

The inference being that all 'decent' Tories support Cummings' actions and Bozo's cover-up? Then again, Bozo cannot sack Cummings as that would be like Emu sacking Rod Hull.

*manstain By *manstain  (M) 5 weeks ago

Doing her job? Is racism a job? Patel and hates people coming to this country cant speak or add up. They had the worst election as they were being dismantled and slandered wrongly from inside their own party and as for no policies thats funny as most people liked the policies just didn't like Corbyn because of all the anti semetic lies and the way he bloody dresses and looks. If thats how folks pick who to vote for no wonder we are in a mess with these idiots

"I would expect a reply like that from a supporter of the liar, not only Torys want Cummings sacked, but now Bishops and Arch Bishops want him sacked, whats your take on that?. Bojo is a bare faced liar and always has been."

Why the hell do we care what bishops and arch bishops think? They have dedicated their whole lives following a god and an ideology that can’t possibly exist. Their views are irrelevant and have been ever since the peasants started to get educated.

XXX pic...
login to view

I couldn't give a toss about any political party, but I enjoy reading the blinkered views by guys on here on the partys the supposedly support, The liar was sacked three times for telling lies, Priti Patel was also sacked for telling lies, that is fact not fake news. Why bring the last election results up?. That wasn't the topic involved, desperation?. the Liar knows all about that. Turn your tv. on and see what the Bishop of Manchester has to say about the issue. Long live Cummings I say I get a buzz out of him, what did he do for a living before his political career?.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atureNudist51   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

Will he fall on his sword or get his ass kicked-out of Government ?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ackey  (M) 5 weeks ago

What's worse the people who panicked buyed

Remember them selfish buggers. Now their upset some one might have broke the rules. They didn't give a s''t about N.H.S.workers. as for being a liar god we have short memories a Mr Tony Blair sent us to war by lying. WMD.remember them.

I think our dead country mens families do.

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

Perhaps he should go when everyone in the country who has broken lockdown, also resigns. I can't stand the man, but kettles and pots come to mind.

Bozo's attempt to shut this down has clearly failed. I have had the radio on since 7am and it has been the sole topic of discussion. Let's hope Cummings does stay on - the longer he stays, the more likely he is to further damage the tarnished reputation of Bozo in particular and the Tories in general.

"Will he fall on his sword or get his ass kicked-out of Government ?"

My bet is neither - Bozo needs him too much to let him go.

XXX pic...
login to view

I love the liars supporters who are in total denial about the excuse of a PM. The American lady recently mentioned Petronella Wyatt was proved beyond doubt the Liar had an affair with hee and he was sacked by Micky Howard from the tory party, sacked from the Telegraph, sacked from the Times all for telling porkies, the man is a star. Keep Cummings I say lets see what that brings.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Will he fall on his sword or get his ass kicked-out of Government ?

My bet is neither - Bozo needs him too much to let him go."

Because he is bj’s boss nd he dictate rules.

From yesterday and today (interview with education minister): he spokes to bj, told him that he did not do anything wrong, and bj just make an announcement.

Simple like 1+1

My bet is: bosses of our genuine pm Dom make order, Dom forward orders to the showman bj playing role of pm, and then bj performs his show

What I’m scared is the dimple strategy: if country is in destruction the it can be easily sold out. Herd immunity they do is one of elements.

Maybe I’m too negative in my personal opinion but I completely lost trust in then and don’t think they are serious. They showed that plebs are always plebs. ‘We did a fantastic job’ (bj) - this phrase for my now have a very clear meaning

XXX pic...
login to view

"I love the liars supporters who are in total denial about the excuse of a PM. The American lady recently mentioned Petronella Wyatt was proved beyond doubt the Liar had an affair with hee and he was sacked by Micky Howard from the tory party, sacked from the Telegraph, sacked from the Times all for telling porkies, the man is a star. Keep Cummings I say lets see what that brings."

Blind fanatism isn’t something rational and you can just accept it, victims deserve our understanding and maybe even support, charities etc. They all use behavioural science and psychology to manage herd, so it is clear that we are just toys for them. But some toys don’t want to be played and lose lives of their loved.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

It's become an obsession by the press and others.

Only in this country would we think destabilising the government at a time of international crisis is a good thing!

There are more important matters to think about right now.

I don't support Boris or Cummings I think they are lying greedy bastards but I want Boris to spend all his time and effort getting this country back on the rails safely and quickly.

He'll pay the price later unless he pulls a giant rabbit out of the hat he won't get in again.

XXX pic...
login to view

"It's become an obsession by the press and others.

Only in this country would we think destabilising the government at a time of international crisis is a good thing!

I don't support Boris or Cummings I think they are lying greedy bastards but I want Boris to spend all his time and effort getting this country back on the rails safely and quickly.

He'll pay the price later unless he pulls a giant rabbit out of the hat he won't get in again."

‘Later’??? Are you seriously????

Can you tell me how many more cases and deaths later I personally need to wait, so I will…

It is not about obsession, personalities, it is about equality and truth...

I always amazed when people saying he acted with ‘integrity’ (means with high moral principles and full honesty)…

Maybe I am too stupid but bj yesterday told that both parents were just to get seriously ill and they drove with 4yo child miles...

Maybe you can answer me: is it safe to be in pre-collapsed condition to drive child for hours??? 2m social distance?

Rules tell - you cannot visit a second home even for self isolation...

The message I got yesterday - do what you wand and follow your instincts...

What about parents will stop pay taxes because they have instincts that those money will be good for their kids... it is parental instinct to wish the best for own offsprings... ??????

I heard mixing messages all the time and yesterday they created more chaos, not mass media, but they...

What I’m scaring - people will follow instincts with integrity and we will have the second wave of virus... I really scary of this... i hope people will be more clever that those leaders we pay with our taxes for

XXX pic...
login to view
By *cousedpw   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

"Perhaps he should go when everyone in the country who has broken lockdown, also resigns. I can't stand the man, but kettles and pots come to mind."

Not everyone who broke the lockdown was responsible for formulating the regulations and the slogan.

"It's become an obsession by the press and others.

He'll pay the price later unless he pulls a giant rabbit out of the hat he won't get in again."

I think the two people most to blame for destabilising the government and undermining confidence in the government's strategy are Bozo and Cummings. I fear the erosion of trust and confidence will have dire consequences. They have sent out all the wrong messages that will surely damage the fight against the virus.

"Doing her job? Is racism a job? Patel and hates people coming to this country cant speak or add up. They had the worst election as they were being dismantled and slandered wrongly from inside their own party and as for no policies thats funny as most people liked the policies just didn't like Corbyn because of all the anti semetic lies and the way he bloody dresses and looks. If thats how folks pick who to vote for no wonder we are in a mess with these idiots"

If you think Labour lost because of how Corbyn dresses then you are as deluded as the rest of them. Boris isn’t exactly dapper but won a huge majority. As for anti semetic ‘lies’, Labour are the only party ever to be investigated by the ECHR. The whole party is rife with anti-semitism, you only have to look at the leftards who post on here to see that.

The most obvious point people are missing is that most people couldn’t give a shit. Obviously this is a politics forum so there are a few who rant about anything because they have nothing better to do. The MSM are obsessed about it because apart from the actual virus there is nothing else to report about. This is why The Hindsight Party lost the last election and will continue to be an embarrassment. Normal people don’t care about crap like this. I imagine if you asked everyone who voted Conservative in the last election about 99% of them had never heard of Dominic Cummings. A storm in a lefty teacup. He didn’t even break any rules. He took his autistic son to his parents . Then some old lefty guy in Durham thinks he might have seen someone with a bald head in some woods who may have been him. It’s laughable really considering what everyone else is doing.

'Normal people don’t care about crap like this.'

That implies that you are not normal then, as you are expending a lot of energy with your many rants about it.

"'Normal people don’t care about crap like this.'

That implies that you are not normal then, as you are expending a lot of energy with your many rants about it."

Now now our resident fascist of Jewish decent will be making up new adjectives about you. Don’t you know you are not allowed to criticise her beloved Tories or her good self. Dear oh Dear oh Dear

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

Normal decent people care about lives and the fight against the virus.

They could give a shit about what Cummings did or didn't do!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *reatedbear   profile verified by photo (M) 5 weeks ago

The easiest way to have sorted this would for Johnson to have told Cummings to resign, make a speech..."I'm sorry, I acted wrongly, blah, bah and then, in a couple of months, when the people are happier and thinking about how the Govt has lifted more restrictions etc, Cummings could have crept back in and people would have been less bothered. But Johnson and Cummings both chose a path of arrogance. Cummings and Johnson both claim they did nothing wrong, so what would have happened if thousands of people had chosen to get in their car and drive that distance, whilst in the midst of symptoms. The Govt and police would have gone ballistic. People weren't even allowed to sit on a beach for 1 minute with social distancing, or visit a sick relative who was not ill with Corona. The rubbish about his boy is all a ploy and engineered to bring peoples anger down.

"The easiest way to have sorted this would for Johnson to have told Cummings to resign, make a speech..."I'm sorry, I acted wrongly, blah, bah and then, in a couple of months, when the people are happier and thinking about how the Govt has lifted more restrictions etc, Cummings could have crept back in and people would have been less bothered. But Johnson and Cummings both chose a path of arrogance. Cummings and Johnson both claim they did nothing wrong, so what would have happened if thousands of people had chosen to get in their car and drive that distance, whilst in the midst of symptoms. The Govt and police would have gone ballistic. People weren't even allowed to sit on a beach for 1 minute with social distancing, or visit a sick relative who was not ill with Corona. The rubbish about his boy is all a ploy and engineered to bring peoples anger down. "

Well said, and that’s the way things usually work in the Westminster bubble. I mean we were all tracking Priti’s flight home when Mrs May was gonna sack her. But lo and behold she’s now back in the fold and with a promotion to boot

"Normal decent people care about lives and the fight against the virus.

They could give a shit about what Cummings did or didn't do!"

I think that is very true

I think that is very true"

Not entirely true. Decent people do care about lives but they also care about integrity (or lack of it in the case you mention) and are fearful that what we have heard over this weekend will undermine the efforts of decent people to counter the spread of the virus. It is therefore understandable that decent people feel angry and let down but hopefully they will continue to do the decent thing and ignore the poor example that has been set. Not caring about Cummings' actions is tantamount to an abrogation of standards of decency.

I think that is very true"

I know a lot of people couldn't give a shit and as the saga has dragged on we see a lot more people sighing and rolling their eyes at the pathetic attempts of the media to prove themselves right.

However there are also a lot of people who do care and are very angry even if they have no evidence he did wrong they hate what he did on prnciple.

I know a lot of people couldn't give a shit and as the saga has dragged on we see a lot more people sighing and rolling their eyes at the pathetic attempts of the media to prove themselves right.

However there are also a lot of people who do care and are very angry even if they have no evidence he did wrong they hate what he did on prnciple."

That principle being care for a child? Putting a child in a car and driving him 60 miles to see if your eye sight is OK is a very strange way of showing how much you care, either for the child of for the people you could hurt if your eye sight is not up to scratch !

By *ambedford2  (M) 5 weeks ago

cunt!

"cunt!"

A colourful metaphor but an apt one

However there are also a lot of people who do care and are very angry even if they have no evidence he did wrong they hate what he did on prnciple."

That sums up my own experiences of the people around me. I wonder what happened to Innocent until proven guilty LOLOL. Well that one went out of the window.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *illanihole  (M) 5 weeks ago

All this about cummings is just another attempt at trial by media. Yes he broke the stay at home rule but did he really endanger the health of his son in doing so? id say not as the boy would likely have succummed to it even had he stayed at home

One obvious piece of bull was "oh we made a trip out to see if i was ok to drive".

Well yes he did flout the principals of the rules and that has made many angry, however since when have the upper echelons obeyed rules they set ? Tell the people one thing and do whatever you like old chap ! thats a fact of life and its unlikely ever to change

XXX pic...
login to view

I think the fact he was supposedly seen out and about in Durham, in various places by people claiming to know him is the big issue, that's why the Durham police have been asked to investigate this. If it turns out to be true then not even the Liar can save him.

Added to the list. Veteran Labour MP, Tony Lloyd, evidently drove from London to Manchester whilst displaying symptoms of coronavirus. Wonder what Sir Keir 'Wooden-Top' Starmer will have to say about that.

"I think the fact he was supposedly seen out and about in Durham, in various places by people claiming to know him is the big issue, that's why the Durham police have been asked to investigate this. If it turns out to be true then not even the Liar can save him."

Why would Tony Blair save him? That makes no sense.

The fact the police are investigating him is far too reminiscent of other high profile investigations such as the ones into Cliff Richard where the media have pushed them into a corner and they have to be showing themselves to be looking where the media is pointing.

My neighbour had his son to his house all through the lockdown. More recently his daugh ter and grandchildren have been with him in the garden. Across the road the lady has now got her boyfriend living with her.

If I was had ceased a week ago and I reported it now - would there be a police investigation?

Maybe if the media coerced them????

Not only has this complete farce taken up government time, ministers time, completely ruined briefing attempting to keep the nation informed on important issues but now it is wasting police time too.

Absolutely bloody ridiculous.

*orum reader By *orum reader  (M) 5 weeks ago

They could give a shit about what Cummings did or didn't do!"

In my area the "Normal" people most certainly do care about what he did ( or didn't do) all.my neighbours have been self isolating or shielding for the past 9/10 weeks and hate the fact that it appears to be one rule for us and another for them.

Personally I think after watching DC yesterday his explanation for the trip to Durham is just about within the rules,

But I fail to see how the trip to the castle,walk by the river and then in the woods can be seen as acceptable at a time when we were all being told to stay indoors

Especially as DC says it was to test his eyesight to see if he was safe to drive!!

Surely it obvious to most people if you feel you need to test your eyesight before driving then you are not safe to drive,never mind having a 60 mile round trip to make sure which just happened to be to a beauty spot!

If he felt he was needed back in no.10 I'm sure he could have got a driver to collect him

I have been guilty of driving a bit further than necessary on a couple of occasions when I have been shopping. I have come back with my groceries via a slightly longer and more scenic route.

I expect the police will want to know about that so I implore my fellow members not to accept bribes from The Sun or report me.

In my area the "Normal" people most certainly do care about what he did ( or didn't do) all.my neighbours have been self isolating or shielding for the past 9/10 weeks and hate the fact that it appears to be one rule for us and another for them.

Personally I think after watching DC yesterday his explanation for the trip to Durham is just about within the rules,

But I fail to see how the trip to the castle,walk by the river and then in the woods can be seen as acceptable at a time when we were all being told to stay indoors

Especially as DC says it was to test his eyesight to see if he was safe to drive!!

Surely it obvious to most people if you feel you need to test your eyesight before driving then you are not safe to drive,never mind having a 60 mile round trip to make sure which just happened to be to a beauty spot!

If he felt he was needed back in no.10 I'm sure he could have got a driver to collect him"

Indeed, or asked his wife to drive.

Interesting but predictable to see people starting to cite lists of other people who did wrong (which tends to suggest they have at least an inkling that Cummings did something wrong, otherwise they would not bother) as if two (or many) wrongs somehow make a right. I believe everyone who deliberately breached the lock-down rules was wrong, from neighbours to the very top, even if they do all argue that their own circumstance were exceptional in some way.

Cummings should have made a statement when all this came to light. If he had done this last week maybe the press wouldn't be on a witch hunt. But Cummings sheer arrogance on the matter have made it worse for him and the tory party. People are not going to sweep this under the carpet especially those who have lost loved ones and couldn't even say goodbye to them or attend the funeral. The bit that got me was when he said he took the 60 mile round trip to see if his eye sight was OK to drive back to London?? My mate's call me the biggest heartless cunt to grace the earth as I've not one sympathetic bone in my body and if they found my heart it would be a miracle, but that was not going to wash with me with his eye sight!! He should do the gallant thing and resign for the sake of the tory party as they are now treading on egg shells. I've always voted conservative but will never again over the way they've handled this with such shambles. And now the buffoon wants you to go out and spend spend spend in few weeks to get the economy back. He can fuck right off the blonde twat.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *udekeith  (M) 5 weeks ago

If he felt he was needed back in no.10 I'm sure he could have got a driver to collect him"

If he was still suspecting that he was unwell (the need for a 60 mile) eye test surely he shouldn’t have been considering going back to work?

Did I hear somewhere that by total coincidence his eye test was on the same day as his wife’s birthday.

Cummings is no more than a dangerous distraction who is likely to be the stated cause of total chaos when the Tory party decide on a change of leader (again).

"But Cummings sheer arrogance on the matter have made it worse for him and the tory party."

Therein lies the problem. It is his arrogance that has created a problem when there was no need for any problem to exist.

As far as we know he didnt break the regulations and most people accept that is at least a very real possibly.

He and his party are being punished for his arrogance.

"Added to the list. Veteran Labour MP, Tony Lloyd, evidently drove from London to Manchester whilst displaying symptoms of coronavirus. Wonder what Sir Keir 'Wooden-Top' Starmer will have to say about that."

Depends if he had exceptional circumstances and needed to test his eyesight, in which case he acted reasonably and with integrity.

I believe he should be held accountable for his actions if he did what you suggest. You, however, surely believe Starmer should back him to the hilt and accept any excuse he offers, as you accept Bozo's backing of Cunteth.

I also think that deliberately citing people from other parties is seeing this as a political issue. Is it not rather a public health issue, in which case those who blatantly and knowingly reach the rules are all wrong, regardless of the party to which they belong? There is no doubt a Lib Dem somewhere who may have flouted the instructions - I would say their action was wrong on public health grounds despite supporting their party politically.

"Added to the list. Veteran Labour MP, Tony Lloyd, evidently drove from London to Manchester whilst displaying symptoms of coronavirus. Wonder what Sir Keir 'Wooden-Top' Starmer will have to say about that."

I don't see any point in naming the numerous members from all parties who have either flaunted the guidelines or sailed close to the wind but stayed within the guidelines.

Cummings was a bit of a hate victim long before the pandemic so it is no surprise that politically he is a very easy target now.

The ones looking worst in the whole affair is the media and public opinion has turned against them even by those who cannot stand Cummings.

The whole situation would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. We have a serious pandemic. We have a nationwide lockdown to try and battle it. As a result the country has ground to a halt and we are facing a massive economic meltdown.

Yet everything is suddenly being distracted by one man's alleged misdemeanour. It sounds as if the trip to Durham may have been within the rules although the subsequent trip to Barnard's Castle was not. I brought up the subject of Tony Lloyd just to point out that others, from all groups, may be guilty of flouting lockdown rules. It's a side-show. A distraction from issues that really matter. Personally I'm a bit indifferent towards Cummings. He spoke better than I expected, he explained himself fairly well but he could perhaps have been a bit more apologetic and contrite.

What gets to me most is that this all happened 7 or 8 weeks ago. Why wasn't it headline news then? Why wait until now? The Mirror and Guardian have been muck-raking as usual but they are, to say the least, rather slow and inefficient.