New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364602 members (14 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Oven Ready

See newest message in thread

Oven Ready

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

I wonder what happened to that “Oven Ready” deal that Bozo promised the country last December? Did someone forget to put a shilling in the meter? Perhaps a euro was needed for it.

Were we not promised the “easiest deal ever” back in 2016? I seem to remember being told that they needed us more than we needed them, or was it all a dream?

They told us a no deal Brexit was project fear, was that another porkie from a bunch who wouldn’t know the truth if it jumped up and bit them?

From our beloved Bozo one week before the election "All we need is a working majority to deliver it. Every single one of our candidates has signed up to this deal," Mr Johnson said.

He said the possibility that a Conservative government could fail to reach a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU by the end of 2020 "simply will not happen".

Oh dear. Oh Dear. Oh dear. I guess the reality of office has show the country Bozo’s shortcomings

Do the EU not need us more than we need them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oondog   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

Sadly our Prime Minister treats the truth as if it's an optional extra. We'll end up with no deal, the harshest death toll and recession from Covid, and the inequalities in this country further entrenched.

Is it deliberate or is it incompetence. We'll never know!

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 2 weeks ago

"I wonder what happened to that “Oven Ready” deal that Bozo promised the country last December? Did someone forget to put a shilling in the meter? Perhaps a euro was needed for it.

Were we not promised the “easiest deal ever” back in 2016? I seem to remember being told that they needed us more than we needed them, or was it all a dream?

They told us a no deal Brexit was project fear, was that another porkie from a bunch who wouldn’t know the truth if it jumped up and bit them?

From our beloved Bozo one week before the election "All we need is a working majority to deliver it. Every single one of our candidates has signed up to this deal," Mr Johnson said.

He said the possibility that a Conservative government could fail to reach a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU by the end of 2020 "simply will not happen".

Oh dear. Oh Dear. Oh dear. I guess the reality of office has show the country Bozo’s shortcomings

Do the EU not need us more than we need them?

"

Just one more lie from an inveterate liar. What's more, he even breached international law to amend his own 'great deal'. All to be expected from a man who is a proven incompetent twat.

By *eyley  (M) 2 weeks ago

Erm.... remind me again, because I have forgotten, but to the respondents above, can you let me know who you would have run the country at a model level; cementing their legacy for the history books?

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 2 weeks ago

"Erm.... remind me again, because I have forgotten, but to the respondents above, can you let me know who you would have run the country at a model level; cementing their legacy for the history books?"

I am no Tory supporter but the incumbent is making Ms May look like a very good leader. She was at least sincere and dedicated, had a grasp of detail and did not lie every time she opened her mouth. Far from perfect, but miles ahead of Bozo in terms of important factors like integrity.

*atamite By *atamite  (M) 6 days ago

To recap.

This deal will be the easiest deal in history.

We are very confident of getting a deal.

There are some finer points we differ on. But we're very confident, still, of getting a deal.

There have been some problems reaching a deal, but we're still confident they can be sorted.

We sorted out the problems with the deal.

No, it turns out we didn't sort out the problems with the deal.

There's still a good chance of getting a deal.

We will sort out the problems with the deal.

We didn't sort out the problems with the deal.

We might still get a deal.

We're still not sorting the problems with the deal.

Maybe we won't get a deal, but we want a deal.

Actually, maybe we don't want a deal.

We probably won't get a deal.

We definitely won't get a deal.

Get ready for no deal. You all voted for no deal.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

Hilarious but scary at the same time, a bunch of liars led by a liar. Happy days are here again.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 days ago

"Erm.... remind me again, because I have forgotten, but to the respondents above, can you let me know who you would have run the country at a model level; cementing their legacy for the history books?"

Has anyone suggested some one different to lead the country or indeed lead the BREXIT negotiations. Only one man sought such office, and attained it. He has proven himself not only not up to the job, but incompetent too. His choices of advisors leave something to be desired.

I don’t sell pizza professionally, but if I did I would be expected to supply the advertised product. If for instance I ordered a large meat feast from a Pizza Delivery company and they supplied a box of excrement. I would have the right to complain and I would.

Bozo and Vote Leave own this mess. They were told the problems they would face, however they put it down to project fear. Well it’s project reality now. Now they have to watch as big business writes off factories here at a tax loss and sets them up on the continent of Europe.

Kent the garden of England is about to be turned into the toilet of England on the alter of Tory ideology Those car factory’s in the North and midlands of England are about to be consigned to dust on the alter of Tory ideology. Those farmers who had their banners all over their fields declaring Vote Leave, who were promised the UK government would ensure not a penny was lost when EU subsidies finished, will be sacrificed on the alter of a Trade deal with the USA. So that we can enjoy our hormone boosted beef and Chlorinated Chicken, not to mention that GM corn and wheat.

I’m sure the fishing fleet will be safe. Maybe HMS Queen Elizabeth can be redeployed to stop those nasty French Fishermen encroaching into our waters. Well she doesn’t have any aircraft so she’ll be looking for a role. Maybe HMS The Prince of Wales can stop the Spanish fleets., but then those nasty migrants will hop over the channel. What happened to the rest of the Royal Navy that once ruled the waves.

2021 will be a year I am looking forward to. It’s took a lot of work but my Spanish residencia is sorted. The UK company is set to provide me with an income. It looks like Scottish independence is unstoppable. Little England can do what it likes, but the world will move on, and once that Blue wall in the North crumbles and the South of England turn on the Tories, the break up of the UK will be the least of their worries.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ackey  (M) 5 days ago

How many of you are fishermen

How many have lost their livelihood because 27 other countries can fish in our waters.

How many know that every 5 fish caught in our waters only 1 is by our fishermen.

The truth is you don't care.

You find it funny because it doesn't concern you.I can give you my family's number so you can explain to them why they have lost their livelihood. Please reply private so I can give you number.

XXX pic...
login to view

I was a North Sea Fisherman and deep sea out of Hull, remember the Icelandic wars?. The fishing industry was fucked years ago by over fishing pal, and what were our trawlers doing off the coast of Greenland?. Not exactly British waters eh.

XXX pic...
login to view

If it was over fishing why are 27 other countries still fishing in our waters pal.

XXX pic...
login to view

The same reason we fish in theirs PAL.

XXX pic...
login to view

Sadly very few of our fishermen fish away from home because there's very few left.

But let's settle this once and for all you honestly feel being in the E.U.was the best thing that could have happened to our fishing industry. So as from 1st Jan things will get worse.as the only people fishing in our waters are our fisherman.as a UK citizen you should be putting them first.

XXX pic...
login to view

Of course I put our fishermen first I was one of them myself, it isn't as simple as that, the reason our fishing fleet has dwindled is because of over fishing and the dangerously low stock, we fished in French waters and still do, a lot of our fish is sold to the French and Belgium our shellfish are sold to Italy, it isn't just about territorial waters.

XXX pic...
login to view

That's where we disagree. To me it is about terratorrial waters.

You feel bad about being out of E.U.this is a comparatively new feeling for you that's how we have felt for the past 40 years welcome to feeling miserable

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 days ago

I tend to eat a lot of sea food when I am in Spain. Not so much in the UK. I don’t know why perhaps it’s the restaurants.

Britain sold off it’s fishing rights to conglomerates years before the EU even existed. Fishing makes up a very small part of the UK economy, and most catch landed even yet is exported. The fishing industry a bit like the miners in the past is full of its own self-importance. With their catch rotting in the back of trucks at the coast waiting on the correct paper work and tariffs being paid from January the first. The choices made by the fishing communities may come back and haunt them.

I would imagine the French and Spanish markets can withstand a little upheaval in the first few months of the year. Before the clambering of desperate Fishing community’s MP’s screaming for a deal, any deal sells them fully into apoplexy and bankruptcy. Britain is unable as it stands to protect its coastal waters let alone project power across the globe. It has engaged a French firm to monitor our territorial waters from next year.

Just like the farmers have learned the fishing industry needs to take onboard NEVER TRUST A TORY.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 days ago

As usual Tessa_M you have absolutely nothing to say apart from taking childish potshots at Conservatives. Well I've got news for you, however much you hate them and for whatever petty reasons, you are stuck with them for the next four years. Perhaps even a lot longer unless the opposition parties come up with some actual policies and more appealing leaders

"As usual Tessa_M you have absolutely nothing to say apart from taking childish potshots at Conservatives. Well I've got news for you, however much you hate them and for whatever petty reasons, you are stuck with them for the next four years. Perhaps even a lot longer unless the opposition parties come up with some actual policies and more appealing leaders"

As usual Nordic Knight you miss the point. Not at all unusual for the Tories. You may be stuck with them for the next 4 years. I have made arrangements not to be. I have accommodation and residencia in Spain. I also own a property in Scotland. You may be stuck with them my dear, but I am not.

Now if you have anything serious to say lets have it.

XXX pic...
login to view

Understand you from 1st Jan fish rotting

Not like throwing fish back.

So you do believe the fishermen are going to be worse off being out of E.U.

By the way don't tell me you were a miner as well.

"Understand you from 1st Jan fish rotting

Not like throwing fish back. "

Catch just as wasted

"So you do believe the fishermen are going to be worse off being out of E.U. "

Yes I do

"By the way don't tell me you were a miner as well."

Never was. Nor was I a Brextremist, but I know the damage they are doing to the country. I was never a surgeon but I’ve had two operations. I was never a nurse but I get regular injections form one

Splendid news Tessa_M. We will all be delighted to see you move to Scotland and Spain. I'm sure Ms Sturgeon and Senor Sanchez will welcome you with open arms

XXX pic...
login to view

That's your opinion. Your angry. But that's our we have felt for the past 40 years being in the E.U.angry every day .sadly that's what your going to feel like.now perhaps your understand what we have been feeling all these years.

Whilst you were enjoying being a European citizen we weren't.

"Splendid news Tessa_M. We will all be delighted to see you move to Scotland and Spain. I'm sure Ms Sturgeon and Senor Sanchez will welcome you with open arms"

Fortunately for you, both places have good internet connections. I would hate to deprive you of my good advice and counsel

*oredEric By *oredEric   profile verified by photo (M) 5 days ago

"Splendid news Tessa_M. We will all be delighted to see you move to Scotland and Spain. I'm sure Ms Sturgeon and Senor Sanchez will welcome you with open arms

Fortunately for you, both places have good internet connections. I would hate to deprive you of my good advice and counsel "

I dare you to go down Hessle Road in Hull and expound on your theories on the UK Fishing industry. You’d get lynched! My sister married into a fishing family, you’ve no idea how much they were betrayed by Labour in the Cod Wars, a negotiated settlement had been reached with the Icelanders until a certain Labour politician stuck his oar in, that led to the overnight collapse of the industry, from 0% unemployment to 21% almost overnight. The compensation was paid to the owners of the fleets, who kept it, bar some for the captains. The rest were deemed “casual labour” and not entitled to a penny, despite having 20-30 years experience. That’s the reality of your beloved comrades and the intellectual cadre at the top. Sheer incompetence that effectively doomed the city. It went from prosperous to impoverished overnight.

I am sick to death of your sanctimonious drivel, all politicians are as bad as one another, you spend time in Spain, do they do what they do in the European countries I’ve lived in, their news shows our government as the funny bit in news broadcasts, “let’s see how these idiots are fucking over the UK today” pieces. All parties, across the spectrum.

Your arrogance and hubris don’t allow you to examine the ineffectual weaknesses within Labour. For instance, how do you square the party from 1945 to now, where their belief have gone from altruistic decency for all, creating the NHS, nationalising industries to save them, through expansionist policies in the 60s, kowtowing to the Unions in the 70s effectively bankrupting the country, to utterly unelectable because of dogma and extremism in the 80s andcearly 90s, to the extreme right of Thatcher under Blair, lurch to extreme Stalinism under Conrade Corbyn and the central Soviet, now wiped out electorally looking fir something desperately under Starmer, assuming they’ve not had him taken out and shot. What do they stand for? They move that much in the wind the should be harnessed to generators!

Don’t get me wrong, the others are as bad, the Conservatives are at least clear, fuck you, fuck your family, fuck society, we’re in this for ourselves. The Libdems flutter about without a clue nationally, but generally ok at council level, the Welsh, Irish, and Scottish nationalists all want to return to a golden era that never existed, or go back to 1000AD and try again without Union.

They’re all flawed, they’re no more capable of running the country than you or I, but we give them credibility without them actually earning it, we take everything on blind faith, and kniwing that they fuck us over time and time again.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *eorgina123   profile verified by photo (M) 5 days ago

I think that just about sums it up Eric!

"Splendid news Tessa_M. We will all be delighted to see you move to Scotland and Spain. I'm sure Ms Sturgeon and Senor Sanchez will welcome you with open arms

Fortunately for you, both places have good internet connections. I would hate to deprive you of my good advice and counsel

I dare you to go down Hessle Road in Hull and expound on your theories on the UK Fishing industry. You’d get lynched! My sister married into a fishing family, you’ve no idea how much they were betrayed by Labour in the Cod Wars, a negotiated settlement had been reached with the Icelanders until a certain Labour politician stuck his oar in, that led to the overnight collapse of the industry, from 0% unemployment to 21% almost overnight. The compensation was paid to the owners of the fleets, who kept it, bar some for the captains. The rest were deemed “casual labour” and not entitled to a penny, despite having 20-30 years experience. That’s the reality of your beloved comrades and the intellectual cadre at the top. Sheer incompetence that effectively doomed the city. It went from prosperous to impoverished overnight.

I am sick to death of your sanctimonious drivel, all politicians are as bad as one another, you spend time in Spain, do they do what they do in the European countries I’ve lived in, their news shows our government as the funny bit in news broadcasts, “let’s see how these idiots are fucking over the UK today” pieces. All parties, across the spectrum.

Your arrogance and hubris don’t allow you to examine the ineffectual weaknesses within Labour. For instance, how do you square the party from 1945 to now, where their belief have gone from altruistic decency for all, creating the NHS, nationalising industries to save them, through expansionist policies in the 60s, kowtowing to the Unions in the 70s effectively bankrupting the country, to utterly unelectable because of dogma and extremism in the 80s andcearly 90s, to the extreme right of Thatcher under Blair, lurch to extreme Stalinism under Conrade Corbyn and the central Soviet, now wiped out electorally looking fir something desperately under Starmer, assuming they’ve not had him taken out and shot. What do they stand for? They move that much in the wind the should be harnessed to generators!

Don’t get me wrong, the others are as bad, the Conservatives are at least clear, fuck you, fuck your family, fuck society, we’re in this for ourselves. The Libdems flutter about without a clue nationally, but generally ok at council level, the Welsh, Irish, and Scottish nationalists all want to return to a golden era that never existed, or go back to 1000AD and try again without Union.

They’re all flawed, they’re no more capable of running the country than you or I, but we give them credibility without them actually earning it, we take everything on blind faith, and kniwing that they fuck us over time and time again."

If you think Scottish independence is about going back to a golden era you are defiantly drinking from the wrong cup. Scottish independence is about making decisions in Scotland for the benefit of Scots. It’s about building trade relations that are on our terms. It’s about getting rid of the anchor to the South who hold us back. Who promise us everything to stay and can’t keep their word. Its about taking a nation in the direction its populace wants to go in, not being ignored with Government after Government of all hues. I’ve said it here before and I say it again. If Scotland is such a burden on the UK exchequer, let it go.

Your diatribe Eric about Communists Tories, Lib Dems frankly is just that, you offer nothing to the debate. I at least nail my colours to the mast. I have never advocated for the Labour Party or even the Lib Dems. Frankly the one occasion in the past I voted Tory (a European Election where they offered the best candidate) I felt the need to shower afterward.

As far as walking through Hull is concerned. I have no worries there. I live in the South East of England where Tories are in the majority. I have little problems in telling them what I think to their faces.

If you think the fishing Industry is so good and so important to our economy Please let me know in what way it is. Then you can tell me how the No deal BREXIT is going to work in their favour.

*atamite By *atamite  (M) 5 days ago

"As usual Tessa_M you have absolutely nothing to say apart from taking childish potshots at Conservatives. Well I've got news for you, however much you hate them and for whatever petty reasons, you are stuck with them for the next four years. Perhaps even a lot longer unless the opposition parties come up with some actual policies and more appealing leaders"

If the best appraisal we can make of the Conservatives is that the country is stuck with them and the other parties don't have their act together either, then that's a pretty bleak outlook for British politics.

In any case, the country isn't really stuck with the Conservatives because votes of no confidence are a thing. I'm not saying one will happen, but it is a democratic mechanism which exists to collapse a sitting government.

Now, I know Nigel Farage will disagree with this, but I don't believe that every Brexit voter would be comfortable with no-deal. If they were, the Conservatives could have campaigned on a platform of no-deal last December and returned a similar result to what they did get. So, why was getting a WA ready so important to them before having that election called? Because a lot of voters did want a deal and so the Conservatives needed one to take onto doorsteps, but the ERG pulled a fast one on the those people by turning the WA into a deferred no-deal, or at least that is what the UK is looking down the barrel of.

In light of that, I have to think that individual Conservative MPs will be coming under pressure from constituents if and when they start to feel the pinch in January. What happened to this deal, they will say, and the MPs will have no answer, except to bleat about EU intransigence and that's a refrain that will wear quite thin quite quickly.

We don't know exactly what people voted for in the referendum as it was a stark in/out choice. Obviously that was the only way it could be. People probably had a myriad of reasons for voting the way they did.

Personally I voted leave but hoped for a sensible deal. It seems that the problem lies with the EU negotiators who want everything their way and expect us to capitulate. So I now think a no deal is the only answer otherwise this whole sorry business will go on for ever.

Incidentally, Catamite, it is highly unlikely that there would be a vote of no confidence in the current parliament with a more than comfortable majority of 80. Several no confidence votes failed in the last parliament where no party had a majority

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 4 days ago

"We don't know exactly what people voted for in the referendum as it was a stark in/out choice. Obviously that was the only way it could be. People probably had a myriad of reasons for voting the way they did.

Personally I voted leave but hoped for a sensible deal. It seems that the problem lies with the EU negotiators who want everything their way and expect us to capitulate. So I now think a no deal is the only answer otherwise this whole sorry business will go on for ever.

Incidentally, Catamite, it is highly unlikely that there would be a vote of no confidence in the current parliament with a more than comfortable majority of 80. Several no confidence votes failed in the last parliament where no party had a majority"

I’m pretty sure people knew which way they voted back in 2016. Some of them may rue the decision now and some of them may have died off but the decision was made. At least on the arguments made at the time.

You may have voted for a sensible deal but your party was never looking for such. The Tories have blamed the EU for all the ills of the UK since before the EU existed. If you were naive enough to take the Tory party at face value last December. You deserve everything that is coming. All the Tories did last December was to get their friends in The Brexit Party to Stand against candidate where the Tories had a chance of losing. There wasn’t much chance of that, with Agent Corbyn taking care of the rest. There was never going to be a sensible deal. Their ethos and paymasters wouldn’t allow it.

Since we have had the referendum in 2016 all the Vote leave campaign has done is blame every one else for their short comings and lack of foresight. Now it’s the EU’s fault because they won’t get with the program. Well the EU needs Britain a lot less than Britain needs the EU. That so called “Australian Deal” is nothing like an Australian Deal They have free trade agreements with their neighbours you know China, Japan, New Zealand, USA, Indonesia, their immediate neighbours and substantial traders. What todays Tory Party proposes for the UK in 2021 is more akin to a North Korean deal. Pay through the nose and no one likes us.

As far as a vote of no confidence in this government is concerned for once I agree with NK it is unlikely. That said a Tory MP who thinks his snout is going to be prised out of the trough, soon has his mind focused. If I was todays Tories I would be planning the next leader and how to save their skins. At least with four years of his term to go (assuming the Tories don’t bring him down) Bozo will be the last Tory Premier of the UK. Every cloud has a silver lining as they say

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 4 days ago

'If the best appraisal we can make of the Conservatives is that the country is stuck with them and the other parties don't have their act together either, then that's a pretty bleak outlook for British politics.'

Agreed. Sadly, that does appear to be the only defence provided by die-hard apologists for the present government. They criticise detractors for being 'negative', but ask them for examples of the positives and all they say is something based on fantasy, like 'Labour/Corbyn would have done worse'. Being almost proud of the fact that we are stuck with the Tories for the foreseeable future is faint praise for Bozo and his motley crew.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 4 days ago

Just as I thought. If I dared to make a comment then it was obvious that the Boris Bashing Twins would be down on me like a ton of bricks.

The one with his elongated diatribe which I only skimmed through as it was only waffle as usual and not worth reading.

The other with the usual accusations of me accusing them of negativity. Well your comments are negative since you merely criticise but do not offer an alternative. Even your new leader, Sir Keir Starmer---otherwise known as Captain Hindsight, the Hollow Man, Corbyn in a [Jimmy] Savile Row suit---does not come up with any real alternative to the countries problems.

I'm not saying that the current government gets everything right but then again what government ever has? All governments, throughout the world, are struggling to do what is best in the Covid19 pandemic and I doubt any have got it perfect. As for Brexit well you may not like it but you are going to have to live with it. Boris was prepared to walk away with no deal but now those pig-headed madarins in Brussels are saying 'hang on a minute' as they know they could be the losers.

Oh and Tessa_M I did read your final paragraph and I hate to ruin your little fantasy that Boris will be the last Conservative PM. I seem to remember that prediction being made in 1997 and again in 2001 after Blair's two landslides. So who can predict the future?

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 4 days ago

"Just as I thought. If I dared to make a comment then it was obvious that the Boris Bashing Twins would be down on me like a ton of bricks.

The one with his elongated diatribe which I only skimmed through as it was only waffle as usual and not worth reading.

The other with the usual accusations of me accusing them of negativity. Well your comments are negative since you merely criticise but do not offer an alternative. Even your new leader, Sir Keir Starmer---otherwise known as Captain Hindsight, the Hollow Man, Corbyn in a [Jimmy] Savile Row suit---does not come up with any real alternative to the countries problems.

I'm not saying that the current government gets everything right but then again what government ever has? All governments, throughout the world, are struggling to do what is best in the Covid19 pandemic and I doubt any have got it perfect. As for Brexit well you may not like it but you are going to have to live with it. Boris was prepared to walk away with no deal but now those pig-headed madarins in Brussels are saying 'hang on a minute' as they know they could be the losers.

Oh and Tessa_M I did read your final paragraph and I hate to ruin your little fantasy that Boris will be the last Conservative PM. I seem to remember that prediction being made in 1997 and again in 2001 after Blair's two landslides. So who can predict the future?"

Oh, dear as usual you take what you want from posters and issue your pontifications from on high. I did not predict either Tony Blair or any one else would have been the last PM of the UK in 1997 and 2001. In fact, I was an ardent Unionist then. That changed after 2014 when your lot went back on their word to the people of Scotland. As usual you miss the point completely.

I’ll tell you what NK. You don’t like posters criticising your Beloved Bozo. OK then, why not as his ardent supporter post his redeeming points for us to be convinced of the validity of your argument.

I’m waiting.

"Just as I thought. If I dared to make a comment then it was obvious that the Boris Bashing Twins would be down on me like a ton of bricks.

Oh and Tessa_M I did read your final paragraph and I hate to ruin your little fantasy that Boris will be the last Conservative PM. I seem to remember that prediction being made in 1997 and again in 2001 after Blair's two landslides. So who can predict the future?"

Merely making an observation that we are in a bad way when the greatest Bozo supporters justify him and his cohorts by saying we are stuck with them. I never realised that Starmer was the new Lib Dem leader - thanks for the info. I know very well that I will have to live with the effects of Brexit - I live in East Kent, which is set to become a lorry park.

'I’ll tell you what NK. You don’t like posters criticising your Beloved Bozo. OK then, why not as his ardent supporter post his redeeming points for us to be convinced of the validity of your argument.

I’m waiting.'

We have all been waiting for a long time - I doubt any post concerning his redeeming features will be forthcoming. The usual response if to deflect or, at best, say he is the best of a bad bunch, which if hardly a plaudit.

Firstly I don't have a beloved anyone and until you two stop talking in very childish terms about this non-existent person then how can I answer.

Secondly neither of you offer any alternative so what is the point. All the pair of you do is constantly nit-pick. I wouldn't even say you were finding fault because it sounds more like bitching and sneering just for the sake of it.

"Firstly I don't have a beloved anyone and until you two stop talking in very childish terms about this non-existent person then how can I answer.

Secondly neither of you offer any alternative so what is the point. All the pair of you do is constantly nit-pick. I wouldn't even say you were finding fault because it sounds more like bitching and sneering just for the sake of it."

So, he has no redeeming points then. I mean if someone who is an ardent supporter of Bozo and Co can’t come up with anything. It shows how the country has had the wool pulled over its eyes.

I make no secret that I don’t like the guy. He is a known liar, a serial adulterer, a racist, a misogynist, probably a crook. These are well known and documented. He can hardly hold down a job without getting the sack, and now he’s complaining that he can’t manage on £150K a year, yet he expects people to live on two thirds of the national minimum wage.

I don’t need to offer any alternative to Bozo. I’ve made my own plans, and a didn’t need the Conservative party to sort me out. Every utterance from the guy throws more people into the arms of the SNP, Plaid Cymru and the re joiners of Northern Ireland with the republic. You really should watch some of the foreign news channels, with no axe to grind they consider Britain and especially its leadership a laughing stock. I looks like there will be a new guy in the Whitehouse come January. That’ll work out well for the strategy then. He’s already said he is interested in building bridges with Europe. Where as Bozo only plans fantasy bridges. I don’t need to offer an alternative to Bozo. He makes my argument for me every day. He brings the support for my ideals closer with every screw up he does. More power to him I say

'So, he has no redeeming points then. I mean if someone who is an ardent supporter of Bozo and Co can’t come up with anything. It shows how the country has had the wool pulled over its eyes.

I make no secret that I don’t like the guy. He is a known liar, a serial adulterer, a racist, a misogynist, probably a crook. These are well known and documented. He can hardly hold down a job without getting the sack, and now he’s complaining that he can’t manage on £150K a year, yet he expects people to live on two thirds of the national minimum wage.'

Ditto to that. New excuse 'I am so out of things that I don't know who Bozo is so I can't defend him'. Translation - I cannot defend the indefensible.

Grow up the pair of you.

"

Ditto to that. New excuse 'I am so out of things that I don't know who Bozo is so I can't defend him'. Translation - I cannot defend the indefensible."

When even Tories can't defend him or tell us a single redeeming point about him. You know its time for the men and ladies in grey suits to come calling.

I wonder who could be next. The snivelling Gove. Doubt it once Scotland cedes from the Union he’ll be as welcome as a fart in a space suit. Rishi Sunak? The party who didn’t want white, Christian, immigrants from the EU are hardly going to elect someone who is non-white non-Christian and married to an Indian Billionaires child. Priti Patel? I doubt they are that desperate YET. Could be wrong look at the BREXIT Party they defiantly trawl for leaders at the shallow end of the gene pool.

"Grow up the pair of you."

Translation - 'Even I cannot defend Bozo's lies and incompetence, so I will duck out by suggesting that his many critics are immature. When they mature, they too will be enthralled by the liar's total incompetence'.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *eorgina123   profile verified by photo (M) 4 days ago

Perhaps all this stuff would be better in a politics forum rather than what is supposed to be fun !!!!!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *udekeith  (M) 4 days ago

"Perhaps all this stuff would be better in a politics forum rather than what is supposed to be fun !!!!!"

Have you not noticed that it is indeed in the Politics section of the forum?

*atamite By *atamite  (M) 4 days ago

"We don't know exactly what people voted for in the referendum as it was a stark in/out choice. Obviously that was the only way it could be. People probably had a myriad of reasons for voting the way they did.

Incidentally, Catamite, it is highly unlikely that there would be a vote of no confidence in the current parliament with a more than comfortable majority of 80. Several no confidence votes failed in the last parliament where no party had a majority"

The EU are not the ones who signed an agreement and are now threatening to renege on part of it by introducing that Internal Market bill which lays the ground to unilaterally subvert the NI protocol where and when the UK saw fit to do so. That's not really the EU wanting to have things their own way so much as it is wishing for the UK to stick to the agreement which was signed. The tabloid line in the UK reads like if the EU is not prepared to give the UK an easy preferential trade deal that provides the benefits of Internal Market membership without the strings then they're just being wilfully difficult, and if they're not willing to forget about the Irish border such as it was barely even brought up as a problem during the Brexit campaign, then they're just being difficult for the sake of it.

Negotiations can be tough, and they're not made any easier when dealing with a UK government that has shown form for going back on its word.

As said before, if no-deal was a decent outcome for the majority of Brexit voters, then I'm not sure why the Conservatives were reticent to have an election before one was secured, and my suspicion is that taking that platform on the campaign trail would have been electorally damaging. Voters may want out of the EU, but they also want stability, and if that goes in January, then there will be a reckoning upon the Conservative party.

"Perhaps all this stuff would be better in a politics forum rather than what is supposed to be fun !!!!!"

Just checked It is the Politics forum. Fancy that

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 3 days ago

Incidentally, Catamite, it is highly unlikely that there would be a vote of no confidence in the current parliament with a more than comfortable majority of 80. Several no confidence votes failed in the last parliament where no party had a majority

The EU are not the ones who signed an agreement and are now threatening to renege on part of it by introducing that Internal Market bill which lays the ground to unilaterally subvert the NI protocol where and when the UK saw fit to do so. That's not really the EU wanting to have things their own way so much as it is wishing for the UK to stick to the agreement which was signed. The tabloid line in the UK reads like if the EU is not prepared to give the UK an easy preferential trade deal that provides the benefits of Internal Market membership without the strings then they're just being wilfully difficult, and if they're not willing to forget about the Irish border such as it was barely even brought up as a problem during the Brexit campaign, then they're just being difficult for the sake of it.

Negotiations can be tough, and they're not made any easier when dealing with a UK government that has shown form for going back on its word.

As said before, if no-deal was a decent outcome for the majority of Brexit voters, then I'm not sure why the Conservatives were reticent to have an election before one was secured, and my suspicion is that taking that platform on the campaign trail would have been electorally damaging. Voters may want out of the EU, but they also want stability, and if that goes in January, then there will be a reckoning upon the Conservative party. "

I think MPs and govt know better about real-brexit .... maybe this is the reason why dual citizenship and getting the second (Eu) passport became a very popular among them

Voters voted for brexit idea that was sold them buy buy and co. So, not real-brexit. And about stability - no one was promised it or guaranteed it or talked about it.

We live in capitalism. This is good. But extreme versions of it are not about people or their stability. 1% of population rules their rules.

*atamite By *atamite  (M) 3 days ago

"

Voters voted for brexit idea that was sold them buy buy and co. So, not real-brexit. And about stability - no one was promised it or guaranteed it or talked about it.

"

Brexiteers should not be allowed to peddle these kinds of lies. The Vote Leave leaflet says the following,

"There is a free trade zone from Iceland to Turkey and the

Russian border *and we will be part of it*

"

A lie.

No mention in same leaflet of any potential problems with the deal. No mention that WTO terms would be an acceptable outcome. That's what happens in a country where there appears to be no referendum law such that each side must lay out detailed proposals that they must stick to. You can just do as Farage did - get your flat cap on, pose with a pint you take one sip of, and say any old bollocks you like.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *hemaligfreund   profile verified by photo (M) 3 days ago

So reassuring to know that the enemy still don't have a single factual benefit of leaving the EU and all the brilliant things we will lose as a result of their evil. Luckily, most of them can be identified and will be held to account next year. Thank goodness I am not one of them.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 3 days ago

"So reassuring to know that the enemy still don't have a single factual benefit of leaving the EU and all the brilliant things we will lose as a result of their evil. Luckily, most of them can be identified and will be held to account next year. Thank goodness I am not one of them."

Never mind, former friend, we, your evil enemies wont come looking for you.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 3 days ago

"So reassuring to know that the enemy still don't have a single factual benefit of leaving the EU and all the brilliant things we will lose as a result of their evil. Luckily, most of them can be identified and will be held to account next year. Thank goodness I am not one of them."

The most dangerous phrase is ‘next year’. We all and next generation will pay (in all meanings) for decision taken. No one will be accountable for disaster. But broken lives, families, etc will be as a fact.

But thanks god MPs were able to increase own salaries and govt was able to spend huge money for stupidity and ‘friend’s’ businesses.

So, let’s welcome new year and enjoy!

*kws By *kws  (M) 1 day ago

I wish Tessa the 'best' going to live in Spain, because I lived there in the best of times, no EU no taxes, they had pesatas, it was cheap and everyone was happy and cheerful, you could go out with little money and get pissed spending hardly anything, even the bar owners, when I was leaving always said paga manyana.Those were the days, now prices in Spain are nearly on a comparison with the UK.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 1 day ago

"I wish Tessa the 'best' going to live in Spain, because I lived there in the best of times, no EU no taxes, they had pesatas, it was cheap and everyone was happy and cheerful, you could go out with little money and get pissed spending hardly anything, even the bar owners, when I was leaving always said paga manyana.Those were the days, now prices in Spain are nearly on a comparison with the UK. "

Thank you for your kind wishes.

I also remember when Spain was a very cheap country, I used to pop over from the South of France with some French Friends and our Francs went a long way.

I suppose one of the great things about the EEC that eventually became the EU is how it brought up standards of living for the residents of Southern Europe in particular. I would not have wanted to move to the Spain that was effectively a third world country, But the First World Spain. That’s a different matter.

A forward-looking country, were people are proud of their heritage and lifestyle. A country where you can be yourself without fear or favour, and a country with a Health Service second to none.

However, when I go I’ll still also be a UK tax resident, or preferably a Scottish Tax resident. So, I’m pretty sure you’ll still hear from me

XXX pic...
login to view
By *nello  (M) 21 hours ago

"I wish Tessa the 'best' going to live in Spain, because I lived there in the best of times, no EU no taxes, they had pesatas, it was cheap and everyone was happy and cheerful, you could go out with little money and get pissed spending hardly anything, even the bar owners, when I was leaving always said paga manyana.Those were the days, now prices in Spain are nearly on a comparison with the UK. "

If there is almost the same as here then why he needs to go to live there????

Believe me, not everyone thinks that free nutrition and treatment are the only things that define ‘desire’ to relocate. Food banks and free food are here too, so, I understand your choice.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 18 hours ago

"I wish Tessa the 'best' going to live in Spain, because I lived there in the best of times, no EU no taxes, they had pesatas, it was cheap and everyone was happy and cheerful, you could go out with little money and get pissed spending hardly anything, even the bar owners, when I was leaving always said paga manyana.Those were the days, now prices in Spain are nearly on a comparison with the UK.

If there is almost the same as here then why he needs to go to live there????

Believe me, not everyone thinks that free nutrition and treatment are the only things that define ‘desire’ to relocate. Food banks and free food are here too, so, I understand your choice."

Why, because Britain is not what it once was. Having lived most of my life in the SE of England and now approaching that time of life, where perhaps things go at a slower pace. I am becoming less and less comfortable with general attitudes. So, I am planning to move.

I could move back “home” to Scotland. I own a property there and have bought into a couple of little businesses there. They are providing a financial interest but not enough to get me to move back permanently. The climate is not one I favour LOL. I much prefer to pay winter Air conditioning bills than gas bills. The climate in Spain is good. The way of life is good and most of all I have found the people to be friendly and welcoming. It may have something to do with learning the language and trying to integrate. However, I think it is more to do with I feel more European, than British. A realisation I came to some time ago. I had always considered myself British and Scots, in that order. I don’t anymore. I am not exactly sure when it happened but it did. I am in the fortunate position that I can take my time and decide. The artificial deadline of Brexit has been taken care of, by gaining residencia.

It is almost the same as here, but better. That’s why

By *etssee5  (M) 11 hours ago

Spain isn't as much as uk.

Wtf is being said here?

The euro is almost same value as pound and living in spain means you receive a severely reduced if any pension at all. This is not the eu or Spain's fault. It's the shortcomings of british government or lack of it for past 20yrs.

Someone working and paying tax and ni for 50 fucking years then decide they wanna see out their days in the sun only to find their pension isn't worth piss if they leave uk residency is an absolute fucking disgrace.

Lewis Hamilton lives abroad banks in a tax haven and everyone kisses that cunts arse but a pensioner has to stay a prisoner in this sinking ship, what a fucking joke.

It's not Tory or labour's fault, its fucking both of them who are to blame.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 9 hours ago

"Spain isn't as much as uk.

Wtf is being said here?

The euro is almost same value as pound and living in spain means you receive a severely reduced if any pension at all. This is not the eu or Spain's fault. It's the shortcomings of british government or lack of it for past 20yrs.

Someone working and paying tax and ni for 50 fucking years then decide they wanna see out their days in the sun only to find their pension isn't worth piss if they leave uk residency is an absolute fucking disgrace.

Lewis Hamilton lives abroad banks in a tax haven and everyone kisses that cunts arse but a pensioner has to stay a prisoner in this sinking ship, what a fucking joke.

It's not Tory or labour's fault, its fucking both of them who are to blame. "

It’s about 7 years before I qualify for the state pension. And frankly I have not taken that into account when planning for my financial future. What ever I get when I qualify I’ll take, but It will be taxed any way.

Your right about the Euro be almost on a par with the pound and has been getting to that level since 2016 when it started to fall off a cliff. However, I have investments in Euro’s and in pounds so risk is spread. In fact, over the last 4 years or so the Euro ones have been doing better.

We had always planned to retire to the sun, and although I am a workaholic person. Part of the reason we set up a company in Spain. Was something to do, and to provide an income, over an above that, that we have from the UK or England and Scotland, which ever it turns out to be. That was part of the reason that we took advantage of. The other reason was Brexit and our main customer base is in Europe.

I frankly don’t care anymore what hue the Government in the UK is anymore, I haven’t for a while. If it’s one that taxes me more the accountant has to work harder to reduce that tax bill. If its one that purports to be pro-business I’ll take it with a pinch of salt and make my own plans, after all they famously said Fu*k Business, not so long ago.

By *eyley  (M) 8 hours ago

..... side line question!

What would be a decent monthly pension amount net?

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 8 hours ago

"..... side line question!

What would be a decent monthly pension amount net?"

Interesting one. A lot depends on your outgoings I suppose. I could live on the state pension alone if I really had to but wouldn't have any spare money. Would probably have to consider moving to a more modest house.

Add a new message to this topic