New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364576 members (1 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > Trump or Biden

See newest message in thread

Trump or Biden

*orum reader By *orum reader  (M) 4 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

so today is decision day in the USA

Trump or Biden ?

i hope it's Biden but nothing would shock me with the Donald

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 4 weeks ago

Biden

But nothing would surprise me in 2020. Hopefully as the world approaches 2021 a bit of normality returns, and some of the more intransigent politicians get thrown out on their ears.

We live in hope

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

Wonderful choice like 4 years ago. Terms like 'the devil and the deep blue sea' or 'a rock and a hard place' spring to mind. A megalomaniac nutter versus a senile old fool. If I was an American I would vote for Trump more on a 'better the devil you know' basis than anything else.

Both candidates are getting on in years. Biden in particular looks frail. I don't rate either vice presidential candidate at all. Mike Pence is a bit weird and wouldn't trust Kamala Harris as far as I could throw her. Hate to see either of them suddenly catapulted into the White House.

*oredEric By *oredEric   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

Most US politicians are very far to the right of out most extreme right wing politicians. Trump is an unashamed fascist, he’s supported by a cabal of absolute monstrosities, voting for him will usher in an era of darkness not seen since the rise of fascism in Italy, and Germany.

Biden is more left leaning, but bear in mind he’s the choice of the money men.

Trump has no agenda and is running on a self serving ticket of keeping out of prison. Biden’s message is not entirely clear other than restoring democracy.

I’m amazed it’s even a discussion. It’s almost good vs evil, why Americans seem to struggle with the decision is a mystery.

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 4 weeks ago

A choice between two elderly white males, one sane but rather soft-spoken and the other a raging lunatic with no boundaries. So Biden.

"

I’m amazed it’s even a discussion. It’s almost good vs evil, why Americans seem to struggle with the decision is a mystery."

You could actually say evil v evil. You would think in a country of 330 [?] million they could come up with some decent candidates but they don't. All the campaign has been totally negative with personal attacks from both sides. Neither has a proper agenda.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ornyboy70   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

NK although i agree with you that neither candidate is perfect to class them as being the same is ridiculous.

Trump is just serving his own interests at any cost to anyone and he cares not what harm it brings to the country

Disagree with you there Hornyboy. Until this pandemic and his very bullish attitude towards it, the American economy was doing very well under the Trump administration. He had not instigated any wars unlike the last 4 or 5 presidents, and he has brought some peace to the Middle-East with several countries now recognising Israel's right to exist

XXX pic...
login to view

Well ND politics being what it is we are unlikely ever to agree.

You say Trump has not started a war, well i would be more inclined to think that is down to more luck than judgement.

As for the Middle East i think we should reserve judgement on that until some time has passed

By *eyley  (M) 4 weeks ago

Just over 255 million adults in the USA, you would have thought they could have come up with better candidates than these two!

Apathy from me, not interested in both.

*orum reader By *orum reader  (M) 4 weeks ago

NK you say Trump hasn't started any wars, Im in total agreement as long as you saying that about outside America's boundaries but and its a big BUT he is in danger of starting a civil war

The election still seems neck and neck as i type this 9.45 am nov 4 i just hope whoever looses accept the result

FR I think there is a danger of civil war, or at least major civil unrest, whoever wins. This is probably the most divisive election since Abraham Lincoln

XXX pic...
login to view
By *iwmwales  (M) 4 weeks ago

I used to be an American Citizen and believe me I have a deep, deep love for America.

Thomas Jefferson once said that "the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I believe the time has come, let the US Military protect the country from outside influence and let the citizens sort out their differences until they are once again of one mind. The result may be Venezuela or it maybe the shining city on the hill, but it won't be woke.....

President Trump is the only person that I can think of that could have stood up to the communist/marxist abuse and treachery for 4 years and still delivered all the good things for the citizens; frankly a lot of Americans don't deserve the blessings he brought, now Mr. President, let slip the dogs of war, let them burn....

Sarah McBride is to become the first transgender state senator....

Ritchie Torres, 32, will become the first black gay member of Congress...

Taylor Small, 26, will become Vermont's first transgender state legislator, after winning the race to make it to the House of Representatives....

Me thinks some of you will get a stiffy...

over Madison Cawthorn, 25, won in North Carolina to become the first member of Congress born in the 1990s.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

Trump is screaming Fraud, stop the voting, what an incredible arsehole he really is. Probably drank too much bleach.

Having listened to both bullish Trump and creepy Joe my dislike for both has intensified. Perhaps the answer would be to disqualify both---and their awful running mates---and have a fairer re-match between to sane and sensible candidates

XXX pic...
login to view

Again NK you say you do not like Trump but in an earlier post you sound like him again.

You say civil unrest could happen on both sides echoing Trump from Charlottesville that there are good people on both sides, while white supremacists march in the streets

HB:- I am going on a report that a lot of pro-Trump businesses were preparing themselves for looting in the even of a narrow or disputed Trump victory. We've just seen a summer of rioting in a good few cities as a result of the George Floyd incident and the BLM movement. These rioters and looters are far more likely to be Biden supporters and his running mate, Kamala Harris, has expressed sympathy with them if not actually condoned them. A lot of black people have openly supported Trump even though his opponents and the press try to make out he's racist

I'm not a big fan of Trump. Just think he is the better of two bad candidates. Same as 4 years ago when I was pleased he beat that corrupt screeching banshee Clinton. The less of the two evils

White supremacists are probably always going to favour a Republican Party candidate but Trump has been careful not to endorse them although he is no doubt grateful for their vote.

XXX pic...
login to view

NK firstly the businesses that are boarding up are doing so because Trump is saying there will be violence, no one else has mentioned this.

As for the people rioting in the wake of George Floyd, where ever you get protest you will get idiots who cause trouble, and Biden has come out and condemned these people, he did not tell them to stand by and stand ready.

Trump has never condemned any white supremacist group by name at any time, but he has no trouble at all mentioning ANTIFA every time he speaks, the fact the man is a bigot is not in doubt

HB It all depends who you believe. Trump may have suggested it but other have as well. I get my info from my son who has lived and worked in Portland Oregon [one of the worse hit cities to be hit by this summer's rioting] for the last 14/15 years

I didn't say that Biden hadn't condemned the rioters but his running mate Harris hasn't. If he wins Harris could be taking over at any time seeing how frail he is looking.

Trump allegedly did condemn some white supremacist groups. I can't remember who but he said 'We have no place for then here'. Plus as I've said before a lot of black and Hispanic people have come out in favour of Trump.

XXX pic...
login to view

NK I hope your son has not been affected by the lawlessness that has taken place and that he is safe, i understand Oregon can be wild place to be in the winter (weather wise)

Trump as usual calling it a fraud even though he has not lost yet, asking the supreme court to stop the count, what is wrong with this man

This is typical of the man, he tries to rule by fear and division, pandering to his base and to hell with the rest

Thank you HB. He is safe but he and his g/fs family and the company he works for are considering relocating after a difficult summer.

I wondered what the hell Trump was on about over fraud and taking things to the high court. He has a habit of speaking before engaging his brain. As I say I don't particularly like him but I like Biden even less.

They have a lower age limit i/e. you cannot stand for president under 35, so perhaps they should bring in an upper age limit of 70 which would have ruled out both these senile old fogeys, and brought in some much needed fresh blood.

XXX pic...
login to view

Dragging on a bit now isn't it. I personally don't give a FF. who wins, but I hope Biden does just to spite that racist obnoxious twat Trump.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *rush  (M) 4 weeks ago

"A choice between two elderly white males, one sane but rather soft-spoken and the other a raging lunatic with no boundaries. So Biden."

Sanity at last ....

If it wasn't so tragic it would be laughable. This is a country that prides inself on democracy, has fought wars to try and impose democracy on other countries---sometimes when it is not wanted [Iraq?]---yet its own democratic system is a farce. Counties like India make a far better job of handling their elections.

XXX pic...
login to view

It is as you say, tragic. Trump is so obviously corrupt and the whole world knows it, the biggest super power in the world arguably and a man like that at the helm, tragic, and scary.

XXX pic...
login to view

Well NK not there yet but looking like Biden will do it, have enjoyed the back and forth banter with you.

Perhaps god willing if we are still here in four years time we can do it again, possibly with Harris and Pence.

In the meantime if Trump does lose he will have to face the debts that are due to him next year, roughly 440 million dollars, as a private citizen and still there are the tax returns that people want to see

HB:- Tend to think a choice between Pence and Harris would be even worse than this once. Both sinister and unpleasant characters. My only hope all along is that whichever of these two old buffers does get inaugurated president in January survives the next four years.

Still wouldn't like to predict the outcome. Seems to be a lot of corruption and underhand things going on. Nothing new there as happened in 1960 and again in 2000. I'm getting a bit bored by it all now.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atureNudist51   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

Even on the News late yesterday Trump was trying stoke up unrest with his supporters by casting doubt on the vote counting process, without an facts to back-up his claim, so casting a shadow over Joe Biden if he wins !

XXX pic...
login to view
By *reatedbear   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

Don't forget Kanye! 60,000 votes lol.

"Don't forget Kanye! 60,000 votes lol. "

As well as the two geriatric old buffers there were about 17 other candidates for the presidency

XXX pic...
login to view

Looks like old fart face is on his way out but wont accept defeat, what a complete and utter gonk that man is.

*kws By *kws  (M) 4 weeks ago

Hasn't anybody on here read labour the postal votes in the UK, how people have been inventing voters, this is probably what is happening in the USA, postal voting was brought in here by the Bliar era

*kws By *kws  (M) 4 weeks ago

Should be read about not labour, damn phone

"Hasn't anybody on here read labour the postal votes in the UK, how people have been inventing voters, this is probably what is happening in the USA, postal voting was brought in here by the Bliar era "

There is evidently still an ongoing investigation into the Peterborough which must have happened

over two years ago so seems a bit pointless now.

You could get a postal vote before the Blair era but think you had to have a good reason and your ballot envelope had to be signed by an independent person.

XXX pic...
login to view

Calling Nordic-Knight, callng Nordic-Knight.

Here's a little news snippet.

According to the Federal Election Commission, a whopping 1,214 presidential hopefuls have filed papers for this election.

The vast majority of candidates, including the musician Kanye West, only stood in a few places.

Now, THAT is quite astounding.

Calling Createdbear Calling Createdbear.

I read somewhere there were 19 candidates. Perhaps these were just the ones who registered in enough states to be taken 'seriously' If I remember rightly each candidate has to register in every state individually. Its a strange and complex system.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 4 weeks ago

"Hasn't anybody on here read labour the postal votes in the UK, how people have been inventing voters, this is probably what is happening in the USA, postal voting was brought in here by the Bliar era "

I had my first vote in a general election in 1979. I think I had a vote the year before in the council elections. Now admittedly it was in Scotland and they do have their own laws up there. But as far as I am aware the Representation of the People Act (1951) was still in force then and covered the entire United Kingdom not just the Scots law part of it.

There were during that election both postal and Proxy votes. I don’t even think Tony Blair stood in 1979. In fact, he didn’t stand anywhere until the Beaconsfield By-election in 1982 where he lost. So how did he bring in those dodgy Postal votes? Or is it Trump Speak for we don’t need facts, we know. Good grief let the Americans pontificate without evidence, but if the Tory Brigade try the same thing here hopefully they’ll be consigned to the same historical scrapheap “The Donald” is about to have residency in

Tessa_M I did try to point out a couple of facts in an earlier which I will repeat here and they are nothing to do with political affiliation or the Disunited States of America where I haven't got a clue how the postal voting system works.

In the UK you had to have a good reason to obtain a postal vote. Working away was a good reason. Being on holiday was not. You also had to have someone countersign you vote. I do know this as I had postal votes for the 1983 and 1987 general elections when I was in the army and again for the 1999 Welsh Assembly election when I was working away. I again had postal votes for the 2005 election and for several elections between 2010 and 2017. In none of these later ones did I have to give a reason for wanting a postal vote nor did I have to get anyone to countersign it. So I am guessing that the rules regarding postal votes were altered under the Blair government

XXX pic...
login to view

Back at the beginning of October, Trump said that Biden was too old to be president (Biden is 77). Fast forward to a week ago and Trump said that if he lost, he would stand again in 2024. In 2024, Trump will be 78. Gotta luv old Trumpy!

*iganman1 By *iganman1  (M) 4 weeks ago

whoever you vote for the government always gets in

"Back at the beginning of October, Trump said that Biden was too old to be president (Biden is 77). Fast forward to a week ago and Trump said that if he lost, he would stand again in 2024. In 2024, Trump will be 78. Gotta luv old Trumpy!"

Expecting Trump to be consistent is like expecting Bozo to tell the truth. True narcissists live in a different reality.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *illanihole  (M) 4 weeks ago

Biden is the man that america needs now. After all the damage, insults and crazy rants agent orange has produced a measured thoughtful respectful president is needed . Biden is the one to take things back to normal.

Another 4 years of Trump? Hell no the world couldnt take it!

"Tessa_M I did try to point out a couple of facts in an earlier which I will repeat here and they are nothing to do with political affiliation or the Disunited States of America where I haven't got a clue how the postal voting system works.

In the UK you had to have a good reason to obtain a postal vote. Working away was a good reason. Being on holiday was not. You also had to have someone countersign you vote. I do know this as I had postal votes for the 1983 and 1987 general elections when I was in the army and again for the 1999 Welsh Assembly election when I was working away. I again had postal votes for the 2005 election and for several elections between 2010 and 2017. In none of these later ones did I have to give a reason for wanting a postal vote nor did I have to get anyone to countersign it. So I am guessing that the rules regarding postal votes were altered under the Blair government"

It was certainly adjusted (The representation of the peoples Act) in 1983 Who was PM them? Also, in 2010, 2013 2017 and 2019. Tony Blair ceased to PM on the 27th of June 2007. So, while I take you at your word. That postal and Proxy votes have changed over the years, and perhaps the reason for getting them has been made easier. Tony Blair did not change the voting system to allow it. Anyone who suggests other wise is WRONG. Indeed, those changes to the RotP Act mainly happened during Tory administrations.

I have no idea the criteria for postal voting in the USA. However, we are in the midst of a pandemic. Surely anything that enables the participation of the electorate in the election is a good thing. Each State has its own rules and laws. Guess what "The Donald" and others knew this before they entered the race. He also starved the US Postal Service of the necessary funds to do their job, and made a political appointee to the Postmaster General position to ensure the politicisation of the USPS.

No matter as usual a member of our Tory Brigade is wrong. He blames the wrong parson, and then you leap to his help, and your still wrong. I will continue to point out your little fibs, porkies and even big whoppers. Its always a pleasure.

Tessa_M. Right or wrong I know full well that I had to get my postal vote countersigned in 1999 but did not in 2005 so something must have changed during those 6 years. I did not apply for a postal vote again until 2015 which I then used up in any election up until I retired and moved to my current home late 2017 early 2018.

Quite frankly I welcomed the change whoever made it so your latest stupid and rather pathetic rant against the so called 'Tory Brigade' is pointless and totally unnecessary

"Biden is the man that america needs now. After all the damage, insults and crazy rants agent orange has produced a measured thoughtful respectful president is needed . Biden is the one to take things back to normal.

Another 4 years of Trump? Hell no the world couldnt take it!"

Although hardly a fan of Trump I consider him the less of two evils. I did 4 years ago. Even if he hands over power quietly I am sure we will not have heard the last of him so expect more crazy rants and insults which the sensationalist press and media will gleefully report.

Biden is a long way from perfect. He is quite capable of from weird rants but I think in his case we can put that down to senility rather than egomania. America has not suffered under the Trump administration. Until the Covid pandemic she was doing quite well economically. Also under Trump she had not been dragged into any foreign wars. Perhaps that was luck rather than judgement.

From a UK perspective we would be better off with Trump as Biden seems to be more pro EU ---an organisation whose clutches we are about to escape from. Although totally unpredictable Trump seemed a better bet as a potential trading partner.

XXX pic...
login to view

I think Trump would have been a better bet for the UK. than Biden that seems to be the opinion of many people both sides of the pond.

"Tessa_M. Right or wrong I know full well that I had to get my postal vote countersigned in 1999 but did not in 2005 so something must have changed during those 6 years. I did not apply for a postal vote again until 2015 which I then used up in any election up until I retired and moved to my current home late 2017 early 2018.

Quite frankly I welcomed the change whoever made it so your latest stupid and rather pathetic rant against the so called 'Tory Brigade' is pointless and totally unnecessary"

There is no rant

Just pointing out the factual inaccuracies of the Tory Brigade. I’m quite happy with the changes. Some of our Tory Brigade seem to think otherwise

"I think Trump would have been a better bet for the UK. than Biden that seems to be the opinion of many people both sides of the pond."

I welcome Biden and hope his Presidency is successful. At least he seems to offer a path to uniting the electorate of the United States.

As far as Europe, the UK and the EU are concerned. I would assume a Biden Presidency would be about closer links with Europe and the alliances built up from the second world war. Also putting right, the damage caused to the European and US relationship over the last 4 years. The UK will no longer be a part of the decision-making process in the EU. That’s a choice the UK made and will have to deal with. I think any “Special Relationship” between the USA and the UK has waned over the years and is unlikely to improve any time soon. There will no doubt be good and bad for the UK from a Biden Presidency, but I think we will just be a bit further from the decision-making process, and a bit further away from policy making.

Its funny after fating “The Donald” Mrs May couldn’t wait to get to Washington, and Bozo was desperate to have “The Donald” visit us. Also, with so much of the present Governments policies being directed toward that trade deal with the USA. What is the new Administration going to make of the decision to tear up the Good Friday Agreement? How’s that going to go down with President Biden and his Irish ancestry? Perhaps a Biden Presidency will take The UK is a direction closer to the EU

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atureNudist51   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

The big question is will Trump leave the White House quietly ?

"The big question is will Trump leave the White House quietly ?"

Trump doesn't do things quietly. Even if it is proved beyond doubt that everything about this election was totally legitimate and he concedes defeat, I can't see him just slipping out of the back door of the White House, on Jan 2oth, unnoticed

"The big question is will Trump leave the White House quietly ?

Trump doesn't do things quietly. Even if it is proved beyond doubt that everything about this election was totally legitimate and he concedes defeat, I can't see him just slipping out of the back door of the White House, on Jan 2oth, unnoticed"

Would be good to see him escorted out by the Secret Service before he has time to don his wig and then face the pending legal charges. IF Biden wins according to the projections, it will be with almost exactly the same figures as Trump won, but I don't recall the orange one crying foul play on that occasion. Still premature to say it, but it would be good riddance.

*teph dee By *teph dee  (TV/TS/CD) 4 weeks ago

Trump news conference in 19 mins the world waits...........

There even an outside chance that Biden could be disqualified from taking the presidency because of some dodgy dealings he and his son have had a hand in. The only downside of that would be that the toxic Harris woman would become president. Still doubt any of them will be prosecuted as they still haven't got round to throwing the book at Hilary Clinton and she has been under FBI investigation for four years now

You always speak very disparagingly about Ms Harris without giving your reasons. Would be interesting to know them.

Biden it is. The calm, measured approach wins out over the lunatic ravings. Trump? 'Lock him up'.

"Biden it is. The calm, measured approach wins out over the lunatic ravings. Trump? 'Lock him up'."

With his frailty and senility he is going to be calm. Any excitement could be fatal.

As I have said before it was a dreadful choice and both candidates should have been disqualified on age alone let alone their perceived corruption and dodgy dealing which both are probably equally guilty of.

With Trump at least you knew what you were getting even if he was totally erratic. I also think he would have been a better bet for the UK as we escape the clutches of the EU.

Biden is an unknown quantity and not sure if he knows himself what he intends to do if his muddle headed speeches are anything to go by.

XXX pic...
login to view

Hi NK just as i thought you might be seeing some sense with this election your last to post make you sound like a Trump election advert.

Your description of Harris and all that bile about Biden being corrupt and bad mouthing Clinton, all of it straight out of the Trump playbook

As for him being better for this country after we leave the EU, please surely you don't believe that rubbish

Lets see how much of a man he is in the next two months before Biden takes office, in what he does and says

"Biden it is. The calm, measured approach wins out over the lunatic ravings. Trump? 'Lock him up'.

With his frailty and senility he is going to be calm. Any excitement could be fatal.

As I have said before it was a dreadful choice and both candidates should have been disqualified on age alone let alone their perceived corruption and dodgy dealing which both are probably equally guilty of.

With Trump at least you knew what you were getting even if he was totally erratic. I also think he would have been a better bet for the UK as we escape the clutches of the EU.

Biden is an unknown quantity and not sure if he knows himself what he intends to do if his muddle headed speeches are anything to go by."

We certainly know what we would be getting with Trump - more misogyny, racism, paranoia and narcissism. Good riddance. Lock him up.

"

1) As I have said before it was a dreadful choice and both candidates should have been disqualified on age alone ...........AGREED.

2) With Trump at least you knew what you were getting even if he was totally erratic....... oh the OXYMORON defence.

3) Biden is an unknown quantity, Nah!..... he's been in office since 2009, and the Democrats were aware of him."

I hope he knows how to pick a lock in order to get into the White House, he may find a squatter holed up in there.

"Hi NK just as i thought you might be seeing some sense with this election your last to post make you sound like a Trump election advert.

Your description of Harris and all that bile about Biden being corrupt and bad mouthing Clinton, all of it straight out of the Trump playbook

As for him being better for this country after we leave the EU, please surely you don't believe that rubbish

Lets see how much of a man he is in the next two months before Biden takes office, in what he does and says"

I agree. Trump's niece said in an interview yesterday that he is a very dangerous loose cannon now that he is cornered, and will not go quietly. Despite that, legal experts in the US say that the new president will be inaugurated in January according to the Constitution and that the rest is all theatre and has nothing to do with law.

"

1) As I have said before it was a dreadful choice and both candidates should have been disqualified on age alone ...........AGREED.

2) With Trump at least you knew what you were getting even if he was totally erratic....... oh the OXYMORON defence.

3) Biden is an unknown quantity, Nah!..... he's been in office since 2009, and the Democrats were aware of him.

I hope he knows how to pick a lock in order to get into the White House, he may find a squatter holed up in there."

There are ways of dealing with squatters.

"Hi NK just as i thought you might be seeing some sense with this election your last to post make you sound like a Trump election advert.

Lets see how much of a man he is in the next two months before Biden takes office, in what he does and says"

Hi HB: Hardly a glowing endorsement for Trump. I've said he is totally erratic but he does seem in favour of doing a trade deal with us whereas Biden seems more pro EU so we wont know where we stand. We may be okay. Have to wait and see.

Biden has been in politics for 47 years. Can't remember all the posts he has held but he was a senator where he did very little and he was vice-president where he did nothing as indeed is true of most VPs unless the 'boss' is incapacitated. In a lot of his speeches he has sounded vague and got things wrong including Trump's name. Doesn't bode well especially if you are going to be the 'most powerful man in the world'.

Kamala Harris did not have a very good reputation as Californian attorney general. She has sided with the rioters and looters in this summer's troubles. She even agreed with those who suggested defunding the police.

Hilary Clinton has been under investigation by the FBI for a long time as has, more recently Biden, for dodgy deal etc. etc. Perhaps Trump would be but his current office 'saves' him.

It would have been better if Biden had won by a large majority and it was a forgone conclusion in the early hours of Wednesday morning. A knife's edge election is always going to bring controversy and American politics are far more toxic than ours. A lot of talk about ballot rigging, malfunctioning counting machines etc. etc. Who knows.

I do admit I am getting a lot of my info from a pro Trump/pro GOP American family. Others on here probably get theirs from the anti Trump BBC.

If you think the BBC is anti-Trump, try C4. Even Fox News, the bastion of pro-Trump media, has shifted its allegiance in the last few days. Casting aspersions on every Democrat you can think of does nothing to detract from Trump's many faults and loss of the election. Lock him up.

"

I hope he knows how to pick a lock in order to get into the White House, he may find a squatter holed up in there."

That’s a laugh. The head of the Secret Service the other day in an interview said. “We work for the President of the United States. If the President wants, we know how to remove trespassers.”

Lock picking skills are not required when President Elect Biden becomes President Biden. Although “The Donald” may find such skills useful if he ends up in a Super Max.

Mind you “The Donald” is probably busy signing Presidential Immunity from Prosecution orders for his entire entourage. I bet he resigns a week before the inauguration so that President Pence can issue him with one.

You keep saying 'lock him up' but never say why. You don't comment about Hilary Clinton who has repeatedly been accused of corruption and dodgy dealing. Come to think of it you never shouted 'lock him up' when a certain British politician recently got suspended from his party for shall we say 'conduct unbecoming'

"If you think the BBC is anti-Trump, try C4. Even Fox News, the bastion of pro-Trump media, has shifted its allegiance in the last few days. Casting aspersions on every Democrat you can think of does nothing to detract from Trump's many faults and loss of the election. Lock him up."

Fox has been quite amusing the last few days. Ever since they were the first to declare Arizona. They have been worth dropping into for the humour. Its been delightful watching their presenters having to think every time before opening their mouths. They have been so used to spouting the ramblings of “The Donald”. The orders from on high that “The Donald” was persona non grata must have been a hell of a shock. They even pulled away from his press conference the other day early because he was telling “untruths and unsubstantiated accusations”. Who ever would have thought Fox News had a conscience

"You keep saying 'lock him up' but never say why. You don't comment about Hilary Clinton who has repeatedly been accused of corruption and dodgy dealing. Come to think of it you never shouted 'lock him up' when a certain British politician recently got suspended from his party for shall we say 'conduct unbecoming'"

You have (deliberately) missed the irony. Trump supporters were known for shouting 'lock her up' during his first campaign. Those celebrating Trump's loss on Black Lives Matter Plaza are shouting 'lock him up' - it's karma. It could mean in a secure unit to treat his serious psychological issues.

"If you think the BBC is anti-Trump, try C4. Even Fox News, the bastion of pro-Trump media, has shifted its allegiance in the last few days. Casting aspersions on every Democrat you can think of does nothing to detract from Trump's many faults and loss of the election. Lock him up.

Fox has been quite amusing the last few days. Ever since they were the first to declare Arizona. They have been worth dropping into for the humour. Its been delightful watching their presenters having to think every time before opening their mouths. They have been so used to spouting the ramblings of “The Donald”. The orders from on high that “The Donald” was persona non grata must have been a hell of a shock. They even pulled away from his press conference the other day early because he was telling “untruths and unsubstantiated accusations”. Who ever would have thought Fox News had a conscience

"

I don't think it has anything to do with conscience - more a question of rats scuttling off the sinking ship. But it has been amusing to observe

"If you think the BBC is anti-Trump, try C4. Even Fox News, the bastion of pro-Trump media, has shifted its allegiance in the last few days. Casting aspersions on every Democrat you can think of does nothing to detract from Trump's many faults and loss of the election. Lock him up.

I don't think it has anything to do with conscience - more a question of rats scuttling off the sinking ship. But it has been amusing to observe "

You could well be right

"You keep saying 'lock him up' but never say why. You don't comment about Hilary Clinton who has repeatedly been accused of corruption and dodgy dealing. Come to think of it you never shouted 'lock him up' when a certain British politician recently got suspended from his party for shall we say 'conduct unbecoming'

You have (deliberately) missed the irony. Trump supporters were known for shouting 'lock her up' during his first campaign. Those celebrating Trump's loss on Black Lives Matter Plaza are shouting 'lock him up' - it's karma. It could mean in a secure unit to treat his serious psychological issues."

Two shocks here. Firstly I did not know you understood irony. Whilst I remember getting up on that Wednesday morning and seeing a somewhat Shocked Donald Trump acknowledge that he had, unexpectedly, won the presidency, I do not remember the chants of 'lock her up'. I was still working then and often very long hours so probably missed it

Second shock is that I did not know that you were a qualified pychologist

"You keep saying 'lock him up' but never say why. You don't comment about Hilary Clinton who has repeatedly been accused of corruption and dodgy dealing. Come to think of it you never shouted 'lock him up' when a certain British politician recently got suspended from his party for shall we say 'conduct unbecoming'

You have (deliberately) missed the irony. Trump supporters were known for shouting 'lock her up' during his first campaign. Those celebrating Trump's loss on Black Lives Matter Plaza are shouting 'lock him up' - it's karma. It could mean in a secure unit to treat his serious psychological issues.

Two shocks here. Firstly I did not know you understood irony. Whilst I remember getting up on that Wednesday morning and seeing a somewhat Shocked Donald Trump acknowledge that he had, unexpectedly, won the presidency, I do not remember the chants of 'lock her up'. I was still working then and often very long hours so probably missed it

Second shock is that I did not know that you were a qualified pychologist"

Well, you live and learn. Trump encouraged his supporters to shout 'lock her up' at his rallies. As for my qualifications, you don't need to know about them.

I expect the list is extremely short

You would be wrong. Think what you like and try to be insulting as you like but it changes nothing and I am not going to list my qualifications on here.

*roypup By *roypup   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

I’m glad that Biden has got the majority, he has been in politics all his life and is a people person, Trump on the other hand doesn’t care about anyone....I was at a church helping some friends, we had a small fire in the building so some windows were boarded up, I remember helping the local community and all of a sudden our tables that we were using were upset and we were pushed back inside our building, all so that Trump could stand in front of the church holding up a bible then saying ‘it’s a bible’ - Trump only cares about himself, not about the community-he should go and live in Trump Towers, out of everyone’s lives for the rest of his natural life.

By *eyley  (M) 3 weeks ago

HEY, Hey, hey... are you deliberately forgetting one poor soul?

Ms 'Melanija Knavs' who will have to revert to her persona of Melania Trump and lye back and let 'Agent Orange' rummage his hands and rub himself all over her body everytime he comes off one of his golf courses.

...all with the vigor of a man who will feel sore that he didn't get a second term like his adversary 'Barack'. The only reason he ran for presidency was to out-do/reject Obama legacy on every issue.

... unless of course one of you wants to send him a twit volunteering to drop to your knees, unbuckle his trousers, pull down his ample size white Y fronts and suck his cock just so that he can keep his his second admendment rights to "bare his arm"?

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 3 weeks ago

Just a very twisted and bitter old man, old fart face has lost, but he will never admit it.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 3 weeks ago

"You would be wrong. Think what you like and try to be insulting as you like but it changes nothing and I am not going to list my qualifications on here."

Quite frankly I don't give a damn. When it comes to insults you are quite good at those

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 3 weeks ago

If you don't give a damn you should not have put up a post stating your belief that I have very few qualifications, something you know nothing about and on which you are very mistaken.

Obviously touched a raw nerve. Seems that it is okay for you to criticise, sneer and put people down but not the other way round.

"I’m glad that Biden has got the majority, he has been in politics all his life and is a people person, "

True he has been in politics all his life. 47 years I believe. Not sure of his full CV but he was for many years a US senator and he spent 8 years as VP to Obama. Never really achieved much during that time. Hardly ever made the news during his years as VP. Not sure whether I would describe him as a people person or not. Time will tell as to what kind of president he will make but I doubt he will achieve very much.

Sorry to disappoint but you have not touched a raw nerve at all. After being subjected to your inane ramblings and insults for years, it's just a bit rich that you of all people should question a total stranger's qualifications. Just another indication of your (unwarranted) superiority complex.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *onsterBlast  (M) 3 weeks ago

A bit like yours then

*ass65 By *ass65   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

Its clear that Biden has no time for the UK and as reported by (THE Mail 08/11/12020) :- (Mr Biden has previously spoken with pride about his Irish Catholic roots in his Pennsylvania birthplace, and he travelled to County Mayo in 2016 to visit distant relatives.

However, the notoriously gaffe-prone ex-senator sparked fury the year before when he quipped to an Irish delegation that no one 'wearing orange' was welcome in his house on St Patrick's Day, a comment seen as a slur against Protestants.

Mr Biden was photographed alongside former Sinn Fein president Mr Adams and with his arm around the party's then US representative, Rita O'Hare, in 2017.

In 1972 she was arrested in Northern Ireland for the attempted murder of a British Army officer in Belfast the previous year.

Released on bail, she fled to Dublin where the Irish High Court ruled she should not be extradited to the UK because her alleged offence was 'political'. She is believed to be among almost 200 IRA suspects told they would not face prosecution by Tony Blair's government as part of the Northern Irish peace process.)

Only this morning when told by a Reporter he was from the BBC and asked for a quote on air as he held out a Microphone he said "I'm Irish"

This is from a new President of the United States of American, who we supposedly have a special relationship with, well I think that says it all for the future, we would be better of seeking allies with Russia or China, than some country led by a president who clearly strongly still supports the Murderers of Northern Irish people by the IRA.

What is it they say Know your enemies!. I dont think we have even started to know this new one.

I dread to think what mischief this man will reek when interfering between the UK and our supposed friends in the EU, not to mention the Government of Southern Ireland.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 3 weeks ago

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/08/boris-johnson-biden-us-president-uk-no-deal-brexit

I think reality may be about to hit home to Bozo and Co. Some of those in the Biden camp seem to have long memories.

I don’t think I would be worried about a Catholic/ Protestant thing. I think those in power in today’s Conservative party will have to consider Bozo’s racist rant at Obama when he removed a Churchill bust from the Oval Office. Or the fact that Democrats in the USA see Johnson as a mini Trump. It’s not looking good for that trade deal now Bozo. Oh, that’s right you changed the law to allow a limited and proportional International Law break in regard to the future relationship with the EU and intend to erect a hard Border at the Eire / Northern Ireland border. I doubt that will go down well. At all. No matter it’s all about taking back control and getting Brexit done.

Me thinks a bit like “The Donald” our Bozo’s days are numbered. Oh well I’m sure some amongst us will shed a tear. It won’t be me.

Dream on Tessa_M. Dream on. The Guardian is a nasty rag much like the Mirror, Sun, Mail etc. Mouthpieces for narrow political points of view rather than facts.

Very difficult to predict what the relationship between the British government and the Biden administration will be like. Could be more cordial than people think. I am a bit concerned over the Northern Ireland situation. Too many American politicians have tried interfering there in the past. Perhaps we should offer them that troubled province as the 51st state. Solve a few problems but create thousands more..

As for Boris Johnson---or whatever childish name you like to call him---why should his days be numbered? He has a healthy parliamentary majority, no obvious successor tapping at the door, and need not call a general election until the Autumn of 2024. Around the time of the next American presidential election where a very frail and elderly Mr Biden may or may not be seeking a second term.

XXX pic...
login to view

Didn't Biden refer to the Liar as A Clone of Donald Trump.?.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 3 weeks ago

"Dream on Tessa_M. Dream on. The Guardian is a nasty rag much like the Mirror, Sun, Mail etc. Mouthpieces for narrow political points of view rather than facts.

Very difficult to predict what the relationship between the British government and the Biden administration will be like. Could be more cordial than people think. I am a bit concerned over the Northern Ireland situation. Too many American politicians have tried interfering there in the past. Perhaps we should offer them that troubled province as the 51st state. Solve a few problems but create thousands more..

As for Boris Johnson---or whatever childish name you like to call him---why should his days be numbered? He has a healthy parliamentary majority, no obvious successor tapping at the door, and need not call a general election until the Autumn of 2024. Around the time of the next American presidential election where a very frail and elderly Mr Biden may or may not be seeking a second term."

As I said some of our number will shed a tear.

So now “The Donald” is a Lame Duck President. Who will probably spend most of the time between now and the 20th of January on his golf courses. I wonder when he’ll find out that bigly nuclear button. Wasn’t a nuclear button at all but a Tunnocks tea cake.

As far as Bozo is concerned. Well you can only play the cards you are dealt with. He supported the Trump Administration since it came into being. He’s alienated our “friends” in Europe. He’s the one passing a law to allow his administration to break International Law. He’s the one who accused Obama of using his Kenyan ancestry against Britain. President Elect Biden doesn’t like Bozo. He sees him for what he is a mini Trump without the power. Vice President Elect Harris detests the guy, on a good day.

Bozo may not have to go to the polls before 2024 but his administration has to deal with the real world. I know some of you Tory Brigade only see a little bit of it through your right-wing blinkers, but there it is.

Bozo the U turn king is a laughing stock in Britain now. Marcus Ransford has seen to that single handedly. Rishi Sunak has blown his previous policy of JSS out of the water, as soon as the effects of Bozo’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic affected the Tory heartlands. Bozo the politician is a laughing stock amongst political leaders now because of his slavish devotion to all thing’s orange. Bozo puts the country in this position, no one else.

So here we are a few weeks to go until January the 1st and no deal with Europe. 3 weeks later His pal “The Donald” get consigned to history. His MP’s are revolting (well most of them were any way). Things are not looking good for the Bozo. Those men and women in grey suits are already meeting in secret WhatsApp groups. His own MP’s are telling him to change direction. I suppose at least he “Got Brexit done” unless of course he goes cap in hand to the EU over the next few weeks and takes up their offer of an extension to the transition period. If he doesn’t the economic repercussions will destroy the Tory party, and if he does his only policy goes the way of most of his promises, and it destroys the Tory Party.

I think that’s the definition of a rock and a hard place. Someone should have reminded Bozo “You should be careful what you wish for”

"Didn't Biden refer to the Liar as A Clone of Donald Trump.?."

I think that was one of the nicer things he called him

Sorry Tessa_M but really struggled to read your fantasy diatribe. Probably missed bits as was fast losing the will to live. I know I intensely dislike some politicians and would never, on pain of death, vote for their tawdry parties, but I do not bear them this obsessive hatred like you do for Boris Johnson. A bit worrying really. Then there is your obsession with this mythical 'Tory Brigade'. Its a bit like the 'reds under the bed' from the McCarthy witch-hunt era.

Unless he decides to go on his own free will I'm afraid you will have to wait 4 years in the hope that the British electorate will vote Boris out. We may not be around then if creepy Joe has his shaky fingers on 'the button'. I think it is more a case of wait and see rather than make wild fantasy predictions

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 3 weeks ago

No matter what Biden or any other foreign polititian says, they all change their tune when they want a trade deal. (Deals like the 29 that have already been signed since Brexit). It will be all lovey dovey before long.

And Tossa, my love, Boris doesn't pass laws. They are debated in both Houses and voted for by all parties. This simple fact shows how little you know about politics.

Despite assertions to the contrary by the more avid Tory supporters, I think Bozo finds himself in a more vulnerable position whether he likes it or not. Biden is a pragmatist but I doubt a trade deal with the UK will be one of his main priorities. I think he is more likely to focus on the multiple problems within the US.

Nor should Bozo be too hasty to discount the new threat posed by Farage. I don't think his focus on being anti-lockdown is a coincidence. He is an opportunist par excellence and no doubt sees the opportunity of splitting the Tories again now that anti-lockdown feeling is growing amongst the more right-wing of their number.

We may be 'stuck with' Bozo and Co for another four years (as one of their staunch supporters put it - hardly an accolade!) but he is indeed between a rock and a hard place. And Labour are now 5 points ahead in the polls, for what that is worth.

*kws By *kws  (M) 3 weeks ago

Ho ho got a friend of the IRA and the EU in the White House probably no friend of ours

"Despite assertions to the contrary by the more avid Tory supporters, I think Bozo finds himself in a more vulnerable position whether he likes it or not. Biden is a pragmatist but I doubt a trade deal with the UK will be one of his main priorities. I think he is more likely to focus on the multiple problems within the US.

Nor should Bozo be too hasty to discount the new threat posed by Farage. I don't think his focus on being anti-lockdown is a coincidence. He is an opportunist par excellence and no doubt sees the opportunity of splitting the Tories again now that anti-lockdown feeling is growing amongst the more right-wing of their number.

We may be 'stuck with' Bozo and Co for another four years (as one of their staunch supporters put it - hardly an accolade!) but he is indeed between a rock and a hard place. And Labour are now 5 points ahead in the polls, for what that is worth."

We may be stuck with him. I have always said you get the politicians you deserve. However, the Tories that’s a different matter. Once they see those snouts getting prized out of the trough, there is nothing quite like a Tory taking revenge on their leader.

It nice watching them try to make excuses for the Bozo. I’m sure one or two of them believe it too

Rock and a hard place and it isn’t Gibraltar

"No matter what Biden or any other foreign polititian says, they all change their tune when they want a trade deal. (Deals like the 29 that have already been signed since Brexit). It will be all lovey dovey before long.

And Tossa, my love, Boris doesn't pass laws. They are debated in both Houses and voted for by all parties. This simple fact shows how little you know about politics."

You still here Superman? Thought you have moved on? Oh well I suppose we have to tolerate your misguided loyalty.

You unfortunately seem to have missed taking things to a vote in Parliament seems to be anew concept for Bozo. The only reason he’s doing it is to pacify the Rabid Right. Try to keep up dear.

" Once they see those snouts getting prized out of the trough, there is nothing quite like a Tory taking revenge on their leader.

"

Speaking of revenge on ex leaders how is the saintly Mr Corbyn doing these days?

"

You still here Superman? Thought you have moved on? Oh well I suppose we have to tolerate your misguided loyalty.

"

Just as I suspected you don't like anyone being on here who doesn't share your weird views do you Wonderwoman?

"

Speaking of revenge on ex leaders how is the saintly Mr Corbyn doing these days?"

I couldn't really give a flying frig. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. One or two of his cohorts to join him in political oblivion just to keep him company works for me as well.

"

Just as I suspected you don't like anyone being on here who doesn't share your weird views do you Wonderwoman?"

Oh no my dear Viking warrior. I love a bit of political discourse. Its even better when one or two of the Tories have something interesting to say. Sadly, that’s been coming up short recently. Oh well we live in hope.

"

I love a bit of political discourse. "

Really? That's a new one for you

"

I love a bit of political discourse.

Really? That's a new one for you"

You really should read, and inwardly digest the posts on the political forum. It may help remove your blinkers

I try hard to read your posts but they are usually so long-winded and say nothing positive that I start to lose the will to live

"I try hard to read your posts but they are usually so long-winded and say nothing positive that I start to lose the will to live"

The last one was only nineteen words. I can understand if that was a bit much for you. You must be still reading the Conservative Party Manifesto from 1979

I'm a prolific reader but even I can lose interest. I made myself read the entire 2019 Labour Party manifesto purely on a 'know thy enemy' basis. Very long, extremely boring and totally fanciful. However give it its dues it wasn't that repetitive or full of pointless Boris Bashing or fanciful attacks on this imaginary Tory Brigade.

"I'm a prolific reader but even I can lose interest. I made myself read the entire 2019 Labour Party manifesto purely on a 'know thy enemy' basis. Very long, extremely boring and totally fanciful. However give it its dues it wasn't that repetitive or full of pointless Boris Bashing or fanciful attacks on this imaginary Tory Brigade."

If self-flagellation is your thing who am I to comment

XXX pic...
login to view

On a lighter note, has anyone seen the spoof video of Trump smashing up the oval office with a baseball bat, not normally given to watching vids. But that is really funny.

*itchjoe By *itchjoe  (M) 3 weeks ago

whereabouts is the video being shown?

XXX pic...
login to view

I don't know what is really going on with old fart face and his mob, but they seem pretty certain that Biden will be kicked out and fart face will get a second term.

"I don't know what is really going on with old fart face and his mob, but they seem pretty certain that Biden will be kicked out and fart face will get a second term."

There seem to be claims and counter claims of fraud. Law suits flying around faster than the autumn leaves. A couple of states still haven't declared or are having re-counts. So much to the 'greatest' and 'most sophisticated' democracy in the world.

Technically speaking no one has officially been declared winner or president elect until the Electoral College meets on or around December 14th. Still looks like Biden however much Trump supporters hope otherwise.

"I don't know what is really going on with old fart face and his mob, but they seem pretty certain that Biden will be kicked out and fart face will get a second term."

Trump is clutching at straws and his cohorts are afraid to contradict him. There is very little likelihood of all his shenanigans making any difference. He looks weaker and more ridiculous by the day, it that is possible.

"Trump is clutching at straws and his cohorts are afraid to contradict him. "

... I tend to agree, but it must be the Algorithm setting for my views on YouTube that keeps retrieving video uploads from the Alt Right stating that they have irrefutable evidence of voter fraud. Watch the latest "Crowderbits" video which has a lot of whooping and a hollering as they have spoken to 'actual' voting inspectors who witnessed box loads of Biden votes coming in via the back-door.

You would get the impression that Trump getting the result overturned is a done deal... Bizarre.

Trivia: The last elected President to be removed by his own party after a disputed election result was.............Robert Mugabe. If you care to look at the unnerving similarities between Robert and Donald, you will be surprised by the coincidences.

1)Nationalist

2)Populist

3)Refraining from critising extreme right wing elements even when they murdered 'civilians'

4)The populace loved them even though they provided very little for the country.

5)Foreign politicians and the rest of the world laughed at them and wondered how on earth they came to power!

Interesting comparison Seyley, although I always thought Mugabe was a Marxist. At least he was in 1979/80. But then again there is only a very fine line between Marxist and Fascism.

"But then again there is only a very fine line between Marxist and Fascism."

Exactly...hence the circle of politics.

*atamite By *atamite  (M) 2 weeks ago

"I don't know what is really going on with old fart face and his mob, but they seem pretty certain that Biden will be kicked out and fart face will get a second term.

There seem to be claims and counter claims of fraud. Law suits flying around faster than the autumn leaves. A couple of states still haven't declared or are having re-counts. So much to the 'greatest' and 'most sophisticated' democracy in the world.

Technically speaking no one has officially been declared winner or president elect until the Electoral College meets on or around December 14th. Still looks like Biden however much Trump supporters hope otherwise."

Trump's lawyers have thus far been unable to prove any large-scale fraud, and despite Trump's tweets which makes insistences to the contrary, I don't expect this to change.

Sadly, Empiric evidence doesn't seem to make any difference to Trump's supporters. Biden got more votes in enough states, also won the popular vote , and voting officials across the various states, including, for example, one self-described Republican in Georgia, have maintained that their counting process has been sound. Court cases brought forward can only be described as laughable, being dismissed shortly after they commence because Trump lawyers have a pathetically thin case. The erstwhile facts-over-feelings crowd have suddenly pivoted when they don't get the result they want, and have decided that their feelings now count more than the facts . To want it both ways suggests their real principle is that all they want is for Trump to stay in office. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

The man is a fucking disgrace and says Biden only won because the election was rigged, sadly millions of the fucktards believe it.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

In truth we don't know what the hell has happened. We can only sit this side of the Herring Pond and speculate. I said it four years ago and say it again now. Two appalling candidates. Both dodgy and both with more than a little stench of corruption about them.

Team Tump keep coming up with claims of voter fraud and only this morning Rudi Guiliani,ex mayor of New York and Trump's chief lawyer, states he has evidence that could get the result over-turned. I very much doubt it. Trump will have to concede defeat in the end.

On a technicality, because of America's strange system, the new president will not be elected until the Electoral College meets in Dec 12th

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

It would seem the Donald knows his days are numbered at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. He tweeted as much over the weekend. Then he promptly contradicted himself.

No matter, I assume he has writers cramp now signing all those Presidential Pardons for his friends and family. They won’t do them much good for State level charges though. It’s rumoured he’s taken advice over issuing himself a pardon. Something that has never been done before. Even Tricky Dick when he needed one got it off President Ford. Maybe its not such a surprise that VP Pence has been conspectus by his absence, since November the 4th. After all the Donald may have to resign before January 20 to get (President) Pence to issue a pardon for himself. Pence having gone missing maybe isn’t playing ball anymore. Squeaky bum time down the Donald’s House.

Personally, I doubt he’ll come back from Florida after the Christmas break

Apart from the fantasy of the above comment, and the lack of correctness regarding VP Pence---who gave an interview on a chat show sometime in the last week---I'm surprise you have not been chastised by a certain former teacher from the eastern part of a delightful English county for using the word 'conspectus' instead of, one presumes 'conspicuous'. Or would such a chastisement only apply to we lesser mortals

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

"Apart from the fantasy of the above comment, and the lack of correctness regarding VP Pence---who gave an interview on a chat show sometime in the last week---I'm surprise you have not been chastised by a certain former teacher from the eastern part of a delightful English county for using the word 'conspectus' instead of, one presumes 'conspicuous'. Or would such a chastisement only apply to we lesser mortals "

HA HA HA

You never know I may like the chastisement, perhaps it was a deliberate policy.

Did he really give such an interview? Seems strange when all the American networks are looking for him.

Never mind auto correct got something wrong that I missed, At least it’s not like our Tory Brigade who get everything wrong and blame everyone else but themselves

Here we go again Torybrigaditis. Yet another symptom of the deadly Borishatingovirus you seem to be suffering from.

I see the [anything but] Independent newspaper is making a big thing about VP Pence's alleged absence. He may not have been very much in the forefront but he certainly has not gone to ground. He was interviewed by his local state [Indiana] TV since the election. He has addressed a large rally of Trump supporters and he was the official government representative at the Nasa launch to the space station this weekend.

I'm not defending him as I find him a bit of a sinister character and would be very surprised if he runs and wins the 2024 election.

"I see the [anything but] Independent newspaper is making a big thing about VP Pence's alleged absence. He may not have been very much in the forefront but he certainly has not gone to ground. He was interviewed by his local state [Indiana] TV since the election. He has addressed a large rally of Trump supporters and he was the official government representative at the Nasa launch to the space station this weekend.

I'm not defending him as I find him a bit of a sinister character and would be very surprised if he runs and wins the 2024 election."

Me thinks NK doth protest too much.

I suppose it is a symptom of supporting anything that the Rabid Right throw out there

"

Me thinks NK doth protest too much.

I suppose it is a symptom of supporting anything that the Rabid Right throw out there

"

Ah yes. Anything that isn't far left/Marxist/Leninist/Stalinist. Trotskyite/ Pol Potist etc. is rabid right.

Methinks Tessa_M is either trying to be funny or incredibly naive. Probably the latter.

*atamite By *atamite  (M) 2 weeks ago

Once Trump leaves office, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he bases himself in Mar a Lago and acts as if he's president in exile, the 'real' president and leader of the 'silent majority'. If he never acknowledges losing the election fairly, then it follows that he'll act as if he still has a claim on the presidency.

"Once Trump leaves office, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he bases himself in Mar a Lago and acts as if he's president in exile, the 'real' president and leader of the 'silent majority'. If he never acknowledges losing the election fairly, then it follows that he'll act as if he still has a claim on the presidency. "

You are right there. I can see that happening. He may have to concede defeat once the Electoral College has met and formally elected a new president. He may even go quietly, as in just up sticks and abandon the White House rather than hand over power in the traditional way. But I can't see him being quiet afterwards. A constant thorn in Biden's side from wherever he chooses to live.

"Once Trump leaves office, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he bases himself in Mar a Lago and acts as if he's president in exile, the 'real' president and leader of the 'silent majority'. If he never acknowledges losing the election fairly, then it follows that he'll act as if he still has a claim on the presidency. "

That’s if he gets to stay at Mar a Lago. More likely he’ll be incarcerated at The United States Penitentiary Colman Florida. A nice super max prison, where they are keeping a room for him. It won’t have all the flunkies he’s used to and perhaps the communications are not what he’s come to expect. Internet access is strictly monitored, but I am sure Orange Donald will find a way to infringe Americas inboxes

"Once Trump leaves office, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he bases himself in Mar a Lago and acts as if he's president in exile, the 'real' president and leader of the 'silent majority'. If he never acknowledges losing the election fairly, then it follows that he'll act as if he still has a claim on the presidency.

You are right there. I can see that happening. He may have to concede defeat once the Electoral College has met and formally elected a new president. He may even go quietly, as in just up sticks and abandon the White House rather than hand over power in the traditional way. But I can't see him being quiet afterwards. A constant thorn in Biden's side from wherever he chooses to live."

I’m hoping he decides to stay and fight. It will be nice to see the Secret Service pick him up and dump him outside the gates of the Whitehouse. A sad bitter old man. The Leader of the Right-Wing Wave. Showing the way things are going for those who usurp democracy. Who place their own self-interest in front of the interests of the people they were elected to represent.

Politics is cyclic, what goes around comes around

The only business man who seemed to have his attitude to self interest was Robert Maxwell. I look forward to The Donald being considered by all, as a blip and a warning to others. Let him set up his right-wing media outlet. I’m sure Fox welcomes the competition. They are after all his target audience, and the Murdoch’s know how to fight competition.

I doubt Joe Biden will see him as a thorn in his side.

"

I doubt Joe Biden will see him as a thorn in his side.

"

It is quite possible creepy Joe wont notice. After all he is more senile than Trump

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 2 weeks ago

'After all he is more senile than Trump'

Very doubtful. He is older chronologically but more sane.

You've obviously never listened to any of his speeches or his desperate attempts at debating

"You've obviously never listened to any of his speeches or his desperate attempts at debating"

We’ll all get the chance to listen to loads of them over the next 4 years. It will make a change to not have a POTUS raging on twitter in block capitals

"You've obviously never listened to any of his speeches or his desperate attempts at debating

We’ll all get the chance to listen to loads of them over the next 4 years. It will make a change to not have a POTUS raging on twitter in block capitals "

Not raging on twitter will be welcome though I rarely go on that site. However I'm not so sure that I wont to hear a POTUS mumbling and bumbling incoherently either

Yet you are quite happy to hear Bozo mumbling and bumbling incoherently every time he opens his mouth and lies.

"You've obviously never listened to any of his speeches or his desperate attempts at debating

We’ll all get the chance to listen to loads of them over the next 4 years. It will make a change to not have a POTUS raging on twitter in block capitals

Not raging on twitter will be welcome though I rarely go on that site. However I'm not so sure that I wont to hear a POTUS mumbling and bumbling incoherently either"

Subject to earlier chastisement! Do you mean you don’t WANT to hear, or you WON’T hear the POTUS? Asking for a friend who advertises a certain optical adjustment company who seem to be expanding into audiology

*D Davina By *D Davina   premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

Jesus Christ!!! You lot need your own forum just to slag off Trump, Biden or 'Bozo'!!!! Get an effing room! Nearly half of the voters in the USA voted for Trump!!! So he couldnt be that bad a job for the USA could he??????. Lets see how Biden does, its as simple as that! Trump will not be arrested, nor will he be dumped out the White House by the Secret service! That is not their job! As for 'Bozo', as certain people call him in the UK, lets see how he does in these uncertain times aswell. I'm sure the Tories will do and are doing their best, and the next General election will decide what the electorate thinks. You all slate the politicians in these forums, but after attempting to read what is supposed to be an intelligent discussion, then certain people in this forum wouldn't do any better if tou was in parliament as you just seem to slag each other off and have pathetic arguments! I hate the Tories or i hate Labour! Who cares, just get a bloody room or have a sensible 'difference of opinion' discussion like the intelligent people you make yourselves out to be!!!!

"Yet you are quite happy to hear Bozo mumbling and bumbling incoherently every time he opens his mouth and lies."

No idea as I've never seen or heard of this imaginary 'friend' of yours

You must have been living under a stone if you don't know who he is, and he is certainly no friend of mine.

"Jesus Christ!!! You lot need your own forum just to slag off Trump, Biden or 'Bozo'!!!! Get an effing room! Nearly half of the voters in the USA voted for Trump!!! So he couldnt be that bad a job for the USA could he??????. Lets see how Biden does, its as simple as that! Trump will not be arrested, nor will he be dumped out the White House by the Secret service! That is not their job! As for 'Bozo', as certain people call him in the UK, lets see how he does in these uncertain times aswell. I'm sure the Tories will do and are doing their best, and the next General election will decide what the electorate thinks. You all slate the politicians in these forums, but after attempting to read what is supposed to be an intelligent discussion, then certain people in this forum wouldn't do any better if tou was in parliament as you just seem to slag each other off and have pathetic arguments! I hate the Tories or i hate Labour! Who cares, just get a bloody room or have a sensible 'difference of opinion' discussion like the intelligent people you make yourselves out to be!!!!"

I don’t think it is mine, by any means. It is however the Politics Forum. It was placed here by the management of the site a long time ago to take any political discussion and discord off of the main Lounge forum. Are you saying you want political discussions and even I dare say the odd disagreement to go back to the Lounge. I think not.

Better it’s left as it is that way anyone who deems such a petty subject below, them doesn’t need to visit.

"You must have been living under a stone if you don't know who he is, and he is certainly no friend of mine. "

You know our Tory Brigade only believe something if the edict has been passed down from Bozo and Co. Other than that, it’s fingers in ears, heads in the sand and a lot of La La La

"You must have been living under a stone if you don't know who he is, and he is certainly no friend of mine. "

Well you seem to be obsessed with this imaginary person

"You must have been living under a stone if you don't know who he is, and he is certainly no friend of mine.

You know our Tory Brigade only believe something if the edict has been passed down from Bozo and Co. Other than that, it’s fingers in ears, heads in the sand and a lot of La La La"

You keep on and on and on and on ad infinitum about this imaginary Tory Brigade. To much mascara on those pink false eye-lashes has obscured you view and makes you see things that aren't there

"You must have been living under a stone if you don't know who he is, and he is certainly no friend of mine.

You know our Tory Brigade only believe something if the edict has been passed down from Bozo and Co. Other than that, it’s fingers in ears, heads in the sand and a lot of La La La

You keep on and on and on and on ad infinitum about this imaginary Tory Brigade. To much mascara on those pink false eye-lashes has obscured you view and makes you see things that aren't there"

TOO do you mean?

You know our Tory Brigade only believe something if the edict has been passed down from Bozo and Co. Other than that, it’s fingers in ears, heads in the sand and a lot of La La La"

Yes, I had noticed. Wait to hear what their dear leader has said and then repeat it as if it were an original opinion.

Speaking of 'dear leaders' isn't there a meeting today about reinstating your dear leader, Mr Corbyn, into the Labour Party?

Your ongoing obsession with all things Corbyn is a bit outdated - he is no longer a leader, dear or otherwise.

Oh yes you have got your new glorious leader now. The slick looking guy in the SAVILE Row suit. Funny how you are always accusing me of having a 'dear leader' but if I mention yours you get most upset.

You haven't mentioned the leader of the Lib Dems or Greens as far as I am aware. Maybe you are so befuddled by spinning for Bozo that you think you have.

I'm not befuddled by this imaginary friend of yours that you are so obsessed with. Whatever is the relevance of the leaders of the Libdems or the Greens? Surely you are not still trying to kid us that you support those two parties.

You believe you know better then anyone else about everything so you will be disappointed to learn that I know better than you who I vote for. If you think you know better even on that you are both befuddled and deluded.

And you are just trying to pick a row for the sake of it because you are incapable of a proper political debate. What a boring life you must lead.

Yawn. You are more effective than Zolpidem.

*etropolis By *etropolis   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

A bit like yourself then

"A bit like yourself then"

Back at you Superman.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 2 weeks ago

Looks like old fart face is going to make things as difficult as possible for Biden on the 20th. Jan. What a bitter and twisted old man fart face is.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *illanihole  (M) 2 weeks ago

Trump is acting like a 5 year old stamping his feet shouting "I DONT WANT TO GO!" Unfortunately he still holds the office of President for the next 60 days. He kicked out the pentagon chiefs, fired his cyber security chief (by twitter!) fired some whitehose staffers, puled troops from afganistan againstadvice. Not to mention passing on covid to many in the whitehouse and security people. Around half of the secret service have contracted covid due to his irresponsible actions. Its about time the 25th amendment was enacted taking him out of the presidency. or perhaps something in his coffee then lock him in the bunker?

It's his version of a scorched earth policy. His niece was interviewed on C4 before the election and her view is that his narcissism is so grave that his attitude to loss would be 'If I go down, I'm taking you all down with me'. She is a psychologist and sadly it seems she knows her uncle all too well.

Oh, dear it looks like the Donald has less and less routes to turn to.

Georgia has had a manual recount and it changes nothing. Michigan is about to declare. Arizona and Nevada have thrown out Trumpian law suits. Wisconsin and Pennsylvania have already thrown out the scurrilous suits when no evidence has been produced.

I guess Cry Baby Donald now has a lot more to worry about. How soon after January 20 are the baddies coming for him. When are the banks pressing the button on Trump holdings. How much can he spirit away in the next sixty odd days.

Me thinks that cell in the Florida State penitentiary is getting closer and closer.

I mean he’s even losing it on Twitter he thanked his sister for her support the other day and it was a parody account. Maybe he’s going to try and get off with things do to mental problems

XXX pic...
login to view
By *atinesque  (M) 2 weeks ago

If Trump stands down, Pence becomes acting President.

Pence then can use his Presidential power to pardon Trump for all known crimes and there will be no charges, at any time, regardless of any new evidence that surfaces, later. That can all happen in one room, within one hour.

"

If Trump stands down, Pence becomes acting President.

Pence then can use his Presidential power to pardon Trump for all known crimes and there will be no charges, at any time, regardless of any new evidence that surfaces, later. That can all happen in one room, within one hour."

Since Trump thinks of no-one other than himself, I have no doubt he has already worked that one out for himself.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *inidress   profile verified by photo (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

A Presidential Pardon can only be for federal offences, not "all known crimes".

Trump will still have to face all the state actions against him.

Incidentally, you said "Pence becomes acting President." Actually, Pence becomes President. Period.

Not even sure what all these crimes are that Trump has supposed to have committed. Perhaps it is because I don't read The Guardian or The Mirror or the [far from] Independent or The Beijing Courier. I probably am not tuned into far left social media pages either. If it is tax evasion well the same can be said for both the Clintons and quite a few other leading American politicians including the saintly Obama.

Hilary Clinton is still under investigation by the FBI as are members of the Biden family.

As for Trump resigning in favour of Pence well it would at least ensure a smooth handover in January.

Oh yes and before the usual suspects start this is just an observation. I'm not singing Trump's praises at all. Still think that the Americans had an appalling choice of presidents and vice presidents

The potential charges against Trump are well documented. If you do not know about them, you must be gaining all your information from a very small range of right-wing media outlets. As for deflecting to the Clintons and Obama, this is another example of your 'two wrongs make a right' mantra. Other people's dodgy behaviour does not in any way exonerate Trump's dodgy dealings.

" Other people's dodgy behaviour does not in any way exonerate Trump's dodgy dealings."

No it doesn't. Several years of investigation and still no prosecutions. I have little doubt that the same wont happen with Trump. Money talks in the USA far more than it does hear. So even if these spurious claims, as listed in your far left press and media sites, were to be proved it could take many years and with money and friends in high places he will probably wriggle out of it. So don't start popping your bottles of Venezuelan champagne just yet.

If, as you claim, you don't know what the potential charges against Trump are, how can you possibly label them 'spurious'? No doubt a term picked up from the far-right media sources that you consult for your 'facts'. Trump probably will wriggle out of it, but that does not make it right or make the charges 'spurious'. US lawyers consider him as a flight risk so he may well end up lodging with his friends Bozo or Nigel - or maybe you will be offering him a room as your new best buddy. I'm sure he could share plenty of interesting 'facts' with you that you would take as the gospel truth.

No I don't know for definitely what these charges are but I expect the far left and liberal 'woke' are adding to them by the day in their excitement to see his downfall whether deserved or not. He did once say he would quite like to live in Scotland which would be rather nice for Ms Sturgeon since he could prop up her government when she gets her independence. Or like you say he could go and live with St Nige in one of his European homes. Can't comment on your imaginary friend as don't know his situation.

As for me I would no more want to 'put him up as would you in your ivory tower.

If you don't know what the charges are you should not claim that they are 'spurious'. Try Google for multiple references to the potential charges, though you probably won't find any source that is far enough to the right for you to give it any credence. And if you still don't know who Bozo is due to living under a stone, Google that too and you will even find pics.

So you have as good as admitted that what you know, or claim to know, is what you have picked up off left wing and very prejudiced anti-Trump websites. Probably no more reliable than any right wing ones but which suit your cause.

Whilst you insist on calling people by names you picked up in the kindergarten playground why should anyone with any intelligence acknowledge them. You had better stick to CBeeBees or whatever its called

Another wild, illogical conclusion. I did not make any mention of which sources I consult to get information. The Internet does not only consist of what you call 'left wing and very prejudiced websites'. You clearly consult the far-right sites to gather the information you put forward as factual.

Although you don't like to admit it, I am sure the vast majority of people now know who the names Bozo or The Liar refer to. You may wish him to be called something along the lines of our Dear Magnificent and Omniscient Leader but that just won't happen as he will never be any of those things but is already a proven clown and liar.

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 1 week ago

Quite ridiculous

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 1 week ago

Indeed, Trump and Bozo are both quite ridiculous.

"Indeed, Trump and Bozo are both quite ridiculous."

Not half as ridiculous as creepy Joe Biden of your pals Starmer, Corbyn, Abbott et al.

Many would say Trump and Bozo are twice as creepy and duplicitous.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 1 week ago

Our dear Viking Warrior is seeing Valhalla slip away. First, it’s the New World the Orange Prophet has been found out. His power is gone and he’s a lame duck. Soon the forces of sanity will close in on him and he’ll be locked away, to do no further harm. Which means the Rabbit Right has all it’s eggs in one basket. They now have their hopes exclusively on Bozo and Co. You gotta feel sorry for them. A leader who is incapable of instilling discipline in his subordinates. Who is incapable of leading a parade let alone a country.

The Rabid Right knows Bozo isn’t the man they once thought he was. They know there is a bloodbath coming in the Tories, and there is nothing quite like the Tory Party at war. Their one policy at the last election “Get Brexit Done” with that “Oven Ready Deal” has been found out. Now they’ll sell anyone down the Channel to get ANY deal just so long as they have one.

The Little Englanders will soon be stuck in a mess of their own making. With Scotland stepping away and forming their own relationships on their own terms. Who are they going to blame then, Not themselves surely

Never mind our dear Viking Warrior I doubt you’ll have to put up with this mess for long. Bozo will be gone by April Fools Day. Unfortunately he’ll probably take any chance of the Tories being elected for the next generation with him.

Dear oh dear Wonder Woman. I did manage for once to read all of your Never Never Land fantasy. To be honest I don't care too much about what goes on in America. Trump's re-election would probably have been better for us since he might have been easier to do a deal with if we caught him in the right mood. Creepy Joe is a bit too pro-EU plus he might start trying to interfere in Northern Ireland like some of his irritating predecessors have done

As for this 'blood bath' you fantasise about, well I can see no signs of it happening. One of your heroines, the Kuenssberg woman, was screeching excitedly about major rifts in the Conservative party and making little storms in an egg-cup look like a tornado of biblical proportions. She, like others, have brushed over the major rift in the Labour Party where the beloved former leader in now sitting as the solitary member of the Islington Liberation Front, and his successor, still looking like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlights, is in far deeper trouble with the grandees of his party. Master puppeteer, Len The Nose McClusky is not happy with him and both Thicky Dicky Burgon and Ian Lavatory have made noises about mounting a leadership challenge.

As for Scotland well it wouldn't worry me if they did go it alone and I'm sure plenty in Westminster would be secretly relieved. Queen Nicola and the Little Scotlanders could then go cap in hand to Brussels and hope they will keep them afloat.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 1 week ago

"Dear oh dear Wonder Woman. I did manage for once to read all of your Never Never Land fantasy. To be honest I don't care too much about what goes on in America. Trump's re-election would probably have been better for us since he might have been easier to do a deal with if we caught him in the right mood. Creepy Joe is a bit too pro-EU plus he might start trying to interfere in Northern Ireland like some of his irritating predecessors have done

As for this 'blood bath' you fantasise about, well I can see no signs of it happening. One of your heroines, the Kuenssberg woman, was screeching excitedly about major rifts in the Conservative party and making little storms in an egg-cup look like a tornado of biblical proportions. She, like others, have brushed over the major rift in the Labour Party where the beloved former leader in now sitting as the solitary member of the Islington Liberation Front, and his successor, still looking like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlights, is in far deeper trouble with the grandees of his party. Master puppeteer, Len The Nose McClusky is not happy with him and both Thicky Dicky Burgon and Ian Lavatory have made noises about mounting a leadership challenge.

As for Scotland well it wouldn't worry me if they did go it alone and I'm sure plenty in Westminster would be secretly relieved. Queen Nicola and the Little Scotlanders could then go cap in hand to Brussels and hope they will keep them afloat."

Surprising really

Of 533 MP’s at Westminster representing all English Constituencies. Not one of them have proposed tossing the Scots out of the Union because of the burden they impose on them. I wonder why that is. Perhaps they realise that the Scots economy subsidises the UK economy to an extent it would be catastrophic to lose.

If Scotland is such a burden let it go and make its own way in the world

You really don’t like the President Elect, do you? All those eggs in that basket are likely to come out scrambled. I’m sure the President Elect won’t interfere in Northern Ireland. Why would he. All he expects is the UK government to uphold the agreements it has signed up to. Now why wouldn’t he have that attitude. I mean it’s not as if the Cabal running our country have form

"Dear oh dear Wonder Woman. I did manage for once to read all of your Never Never Land fantasy. To be honest I don't care too much about what goes on in America. Trump's re-election would probably have been better for us since he might have been easier to do a deal with if we caught him in the right mood. Creepy Joe is a bit too pro-EU plus he might start trying to interfere in Northern Ireland like some of his irritating predecessors have done

As for Scotland well it wouldn't worry me if they did go it alone and I'm sure plenty in Westminster would be secretly relieved. Queen Nicola and the Little Scotlanders could then go cap in hand to Brussels and hope they will keep them afloat."

Ummm, isn't this the same person who has been pontificating about what he considers to be childish names? Seems like another case of do as I say, not as I do.