New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364503 members (6 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Politics > you couldn't make it up

See newest message in thread

you couldn't make it up

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/brexit-hit-firms-advised-government-officials-set-up-shop-in-eu?fbclid=IwAR1gpVjpB6XVEIqOJxW2JXYCLUrMpSmyPFOClDjomQQwadyc4N5-nz5i1aM

Brexit the gift that keeps giving.

When are we going to see that Brexit Bonus?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 5 weeks ago

Tessa:- The Remoaner that keeps on moaning

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 5 weeks ago

"Tessa:- The Remoaner that keeps on moaning "

So, you’re not going to tell us when Bozo is giving us our Brexit Bonus.

I suppose you support his new policy of telling companies to relocate to the EU. At least I carried our Tory policy before it was there.

NK the Tory who supports them no matter what

*ordic-knight By *ordic-knight   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

You already had a thread slagging off Brexit which hadn't been closed down or reached its 176 capacity. So why start a new one? Plus its the same old, same old.

For the record I don't blindly support everything the government does unlike you with regards to the Scottish Parish Council.

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 4 weeks ago

"You already had a thread slagging off Brexit which hadn't been closed down or reached its 176 capacity. So why start a new one? Plus its the same old, same old.

For the record I don't blindly support everything the government does unlike you with regards to the Scottish Parish Council."

This is new news. Her Majesty’s Government are advising companies to move their operations to the EU. To avoid the paperwork and delays caused by Her Majesty’s Government’s policies and procedures.

It’s nothing to do with the SNP. They wouldn’t have done this. They are not that stupid. As it says in my original Post. Brexit the gift that keeps giving.

If this was their stated policy why didn’t they wright it on the side of a big red bus in 2016?

part from an obscure rant by the Guardian newspaper--a well-known mouthpiece for the Labour Party, the Pr EU Remain group and everyone who hates the government--I cannot find any confirmation of your claim anywhere.

As I said in one of your previous anti-Brexit threads, no one, apart from the bone-headed Faragist fantasists, thought Brexit was not going to be without problems. There were bound to be some changes and not always for the best and a good many things would go through a rough patch. We are less than a month in to Brexit proper, we are in the dead of winter and the annual post Christmas doldrums and we are in the middle of a deadly pandemic that no Brexit, or Remain supporter for that matter, took into account.

Your beloved Ms Sturgeon has been demanding compensation from the UK government for Brexit. Then again she is always demanding extra funding despite being given a very generous budget under the Barnet Formula and despite Scotland having this 'rich and vibrant economy' far ahead of the rest of the UK.

The wording on the side of the Big Red Bus was very clever but also misleading and obviously misconstrued by the gullible. It was not government policy even though two of the 'passengers' on that bus are now prime minister and, in effect deputy prime minister. Still it is something the left and the Remainers can always fall back on when all their other arguments have failed

*essa_M By  *essa_M    profile verified by photo premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 4 weeks ago

Bozo promised us a deal better than the one we had. That was back in 2016. Was he telling us porkies?

Has the NHS had one single payment of that £350 million a week EXTRA that was promised? They should have had three by now, with the fourth cheque drawn up ready for Bozo to sign.

Bozo and Co knew we were leaving the transition period on December the 31st (the dead of winter) they knew the date long before we left on January the 31st 2020. What has winter got to do with it. Don’t fishermen sell their catches in winter. Or perhaps those Welsh Lamb Farmers don’t normally sell their lambs in winter. I think not. Bad management and disorganisation on behalf of a government more interested in dogma that policy is what’s to blame.

The pandemic affects every country in the world. The shoppers in Dublin Paris and Madrid are not seeing shelves bereft of everything but empty sovereignty. Those European shoppers and not seeing prices rocket. Delivery and haulage companies are not saying we are not going to Dublin, Paris or Madrid.

If the first minister is demanding compensation its probably because the incompetence of the UK Government has cost jobs and extra expense to Scottish companies. Extra expense that we were told was “Project Fear” that turned out to be Project Reality. You really should study the Barnet Formula more closely. You’ll find Scotland pays in much more into the pot than it gets out. Scotland is fed up subsidising Westminster’s failures.

The clever wording wasn’t misleading at all. It said we send the EU £350 million a week, lets spend it on the NHS instead. I know you moved to Wales where some people don’t speak English as a first language, but the rest of us understood it clearly enough.

When do you think we are going to get that elusive Brexit Bonus?

Still reading and absorbing the words of the Guardian comic and the thought of Chairwoman Nicola I see Tessa.

You take things to literally. Probably not prepared to admit your gullibility of being taken in by the wording on that big red bus you keep harping on about.

Not sure about all these shortages and empty shelves. I believe there were reports of some empty shelves in Belfast but that may well have been Sinn Fein propaganda. Only reason there has been any empty shelves in England and Wales has been through panic buying which has been more to do with scaremongering brought on by rumours about the pandemic than Brexit. I did read somewhere that the French were complaining about the shortage of some goods as a result of Brexit. However I cannot confirm this any more than you can confirm most of your outrageous claims.

Still reading and absorbing the words of the Guardian comic and the thought of Chairwoman Nicola I see Tessa.

You take things to literally. Probably not prepared to admit your gullibility of being taken in by the wording on that big red bus you keep harping on about.

Not sure about all these shortages and empty shelves. I believe there were reports of some empty shelves in Belfast but that may well have been Sinn Fein propaganda. Only reason there has been any empty shelves in England and Wales has been through panic buying which has been more to do with scaremongering brought on by rumours about the pandemic than Brexit. I did read somewhere that the French were complaining about the shortage of some goods as a result of Brexit. However I cannot confirm this any more than you can confirm most of your outrageous claims.

Oh, that’s right sorry we are living in Bozo’s land of milk and honey.

The unicorn convoys are working on a just in time basis. Prices have been cut and you’ll never spend more than a couple of groats in the supermarket.

Tell you what NK. You surpass yourself this time. Not only have you read and inwardly digested the Bozo book of Spin. I’ll have whatever drugs you’re on, they seem to remove reality.

You said you couldn’t find any other sources than the Guardian which you don’t like OK. I know it took 30 seconds of my time but here you go

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54377749

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-banks/a-thousand-eu-financial-firms-plan-to-open-uk-offices-after-brexit-idUKKBN1ZJ00L?edition-redirect=uk

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

Pointless giving facts to a tory mate, they will get round simple things like hard facts. One hundred thousand dead an counting, they got that spot on didn't they. Perhaps we should visit some covid wards and shake hands with the staff and patients, safe as houses that.

Speaking od medication I have often wondered exactly what you are taking Tessa. Of course it could just be down to inability to read plain English or jet-lag from flying around to check on your multi-national business empire.

If what you claim is true then why isn't it plastered all over the media? Why aren't all the anti-government bods shouting it from the rooftops? I did spend some time trying to find this story but failed. Obviously you, despite being CEO of a multi-national conglomerate, have more time on your hands than a retiree like myself.

Still enjoy your day. Bright and sunny if a bit frosty and snowy. Ideal for you to go for a drive in your carriage pulled by six white unicorns.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ollydee   premium paying member (M) 4 weeks ago

I rest my case.

"I rest my case."

*astkenter By *astkenter  (M) 4 weeks ago

"Pointless giving facts to a tory mate, they will get round simple things like hard facts. One hundred thousand dead an counting, they got that spot on didn't they. Perhaps we should visit some covid wards and shake hands with the staff and patients, safe as houses that."

Some spend so much time looking for the Tory spin and then repeating it that they must need medication for vertigo.

Another lefty spouting their tired old mantra. Talk about blinkered vision.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *malld   profile verified by photo (M) 4 weeks ago

I'm ambidextrous, I'm neither a lefty or righty, and have nothing to do with politics. I leave it to the experts on the forum.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *pud1965  (M) 4 weeks ago

Oh dear, just read Tess spouting Nationalist bile again. And sadly, he has got all his detail wrong ..... yet again!!

Brexit Money - Yes the corrupt First Minister is demanding compensation for Scottish businesses. However what Tess and the corrupt First Minister doesn't tell you is that Scotland got £200m to prepare and help businesses for Brexit. Almost £80m of this money was used for planting trees and the remainder cannot be accounted for, hence Michael Gove asking for a detailed breakdown on where the money has gone. Incidentally, despite the corrupt First Minister stating WM didn't include Scotland in what was happening in Scotland, it has been proven that She and her cult member Michael Russell never attended the meetings and failed to engage. Michael Russell also confirmed he done no preparation for Brexit as he was too busy preparing for cancelling Brexit. So any problems have with trade with the EU is primarily down to the SNP Govt, not WM.

Scotland paying more into the pot - This is a fabricated lie to appease the Cult which has been doing the rounds for years. Scotland raises less in tax than what it costs to run Scotland. Basically Scotland spends more than it's annual income. That is why WM has to clear the balance sheet every April and that Scotland currently has an 8.5% notional deficit. This is confirmed by the SNP's own GERS report, every year.With the Covid pandemic, I am being generous here but I predict Scotland's deficit this year will be in the region of 15%.

Before Tess, comes back regarding the GERS report, this is done by HM Treasury on behalf of the Scottish Govt at their request. At first the SNP were lauding it as it was favourable to them. Now that the corrupt First Minister is squandering money on pet projects, bailing out failing businesses and airports with no income coming in, the GERS report shows how bad the SNP are running the country and now they dismiss the report.

"Speaking od medication I have often wondered exactly what you are taking Tessa. Of course it could just be down to inability to read plain English or jet-lag from flying around to check on your multi-national business empire.

If what you claim is true then why isn't it plastered all over the media? Why aren't all the anti-government bods shouting it from the rooftops? I did spend some time trying to find this story but failed. Obviously you, despite being CEO of a multi-national conglomerate, have more time on your hands than a retiree like myself.

Still enjoy your day. Bright and sunny if a bit frosty and snowy. Ideal for you to go for a drive in your carriage pulled by six white unicorns."

CEO? I own two companies my official title in both is Managing Director. It’s not a multi-national business empire. I wish it was. I know you don’t seem to walk the same path as the rest of us but I used Google. You can’t miss it it’s a popular search engine. I appreciate that it may not have reached the backstreets of your computer, but for the rest of us it works.

My little pug doesn’t need any Unicorns of any colour. Instead we leave those for the Tory Cargo carriers.

"Oh dear, just read Tess spouting Nationalist bile again. And sadly, he has got all his detail wrong ..... yet again!!

Brexit Money - Yes the corrupt First Minister is demanding compensation for Scottish businesses. However what Tess and the corrupt First Minister doesn't tell you is that Scotland got £200m to prepare and help businesses for Brexit. Almost £80m of this money was used for planting trees and the remainder cannot be accounted for, hence Michael Gove asking for a detailed breakdown on where the money has gone. Incidentally, despite the corrupt First Minister stating WM didn't include Scotland in what was happening in Scotland, it has been proven that She and her cult member Michael Russell never attended the meetings and failed to engage. Michael Russell also confirmed he done no preparation for Brexit as he was too busy preparing for cancelling Brexit. So any problems have with trade with the EU is primarily down to the SNP Govt, not WM.

Scotland paying more into the pot - This is a fabricated lie to appease the Cult which has been doing the rounds for years. Scotland raises less in tax than what it costs to run Scotland. Basically Scotland spends more than it's annual income. That is why WM has to clear the balance sheet every April and that Scotland currently has an 8.5% notional deficit. This is confirmed by the SNP's own GERS report, every year.With the Covid pandemic, I am being generous here but I predict Scotland's deficit this year will be in the region of 15%.

Before Tess, comes back regarding the GERS report, this is done by HM Treasury on behalf of the Scottish Govt at their request. At first the SNP were lauding it as it was favourable to them. Now that the corrupt First Minister is squandering money on pet projects, bailing out failing businesses and airports with no income coming in, the GERS report shows how bad the SNP are running the country and now they dismiss the report. "

Still haven’t hear your plans for saving the Union Spu? Have you not had time to ask as Scottish tory what they are yet? Or is it just too hard to find a Scottish Tory.

"

CEO? I own two companies my official title in both is Managing Director. It’s not a multi-national business empire. I wish it was. I know you don’t seem to walk the same path as the rest of us but I used Google. You can’t miss it it’s a popular search engine. I appreciate that it may not have reached the backstreets of your computer, but for the rest of us it works.

My little pug doesn’t need any Unicorns of any colour. Instead we leave those for the Tory Cargo carriers.

"

Thought you might have awarded yourself some fancy title as befits your grand position.

The only path I don't seem to walk is that rather dangerous one that you and a couple of your ardent admirers seem to totter along. I may not be the world's most computer savvy person but I have been using Google for a good many years. My point was that you have to search really hard and deep to come up with any mention of this spurious story of yours. If it were true then I could imagine all opposition parties shouting it from the rooftops and the media having a field day.

I hope you don't expect your poor little pug to pull your golden pumpkin---sorry I mean carriage. I'm sure half a dozen pink unicorns would do a better job. Considering the day perhaps you could have a Santa style sleigh pulled by a dozen flying haggis.

"

Thought you might have awarded yourself some fancy title as befits your grand position.

The only path I don't seem to walk is that rather dangerous one that you and a couple of your ardent admirers seem to totter along. I may not be the world's most computer savvy person but I have been using Google for a good many years. My point was that you have to search really hard and deep to come up with any mention of this spurious story of yours. If it were true then I could imagine all opposition parties shouting it from the rooftops and the media having a field day.

I hope you don't expect your poor little pug to pull your golden pumpkin---sorry I mean carriage. I'm sure half a dozen pink unicorns would do a better job. Considering the day perhaps you could have a Santa style sleigh pulled by a dozen flying haggis."

I’ll let you capture those haggis. I’m told the three-legged ones are easiest to catch. But they have bigger teeth, so watch out

"

I’ll let you capture those haggis. I’m told the three-legged ones are easiest to catch. But they have bigger teeth, so watch out"

No thanks. You can keep them for that banquet you are going hold to celebrate Scottish Artificial Independence.

Haggis=Scottish cuisine at its absolute worse.

"

I’ll let you capture those haggis. I’m told the three-legged ones are easiest to catch. But they have bigger teeth, so watch out

No thanks. You can keep them for that banquet you are going hold to celebrate Scottish Artificial Independence.

Haggis=Scottish cuisine at its absolute worse."

Is that with our without a deep fried Mars Bar? I need to ask as you seem to be the expert

XXX pic...
login to view
By *pud1965  (M) 4 weeks ago

Only one word is needed COVID

"

Is that with our without a deep fried Mars Bar? I need to ask as you seem to be the expert"

No idea since I have never tasted or even seen a deep fried Mars Bar. Just think, Tessa, this will be your stable diet when you retire to your 'independent' homeland.

BTW I did once try a vegetarian version of haggis. Far nicer than the official offal [awful] version, but still pretty bland.

"

Is that with our without a deep fried Mars Bar? I need to ask as you seem to be the expert

No idea since I have never tasted or even seen a deep fried Mars Bar. Just think, Tessa, this will be your stable diet when you retire to your 'independent' homeland.

BTW I did once try a vegetarian version of haggis. Far nicer than the official offal [awful] version, but still pretty bland."

There is no accounting for taste, I am surprised that someone resident in Wales would consider eating vegetarian Haggis. I suppose some people go to a brothel for a kiss.

I mentioned the deep-fried mars bars as a joke. A long time known “Scottish delicacy” you after all brought up Scottish cuisine. I’ve never seen one in Scotland. I think they are a bit like 3 legged haggis or Osama bin Ladin (when he was alive) every one had heard of it but no one had seen it.

I have however seen deep fried mars bars on sale in at least two English towns. Perhaps that “Scottish Delicacy” should be re thought.

Unfortunately I doubt it would ever be part of my diet.

The underlying reason for mentioning Scottish cuisine, Tessa, was because yesterday was probably the most important dates in the Scottish calendar. All very 'wee timorous beasties' and 'drouthy neeghbours. During the latter part of my working career I hosted a dinner party for the local Burns Society. Needless to say some were vegetarian hence the discovery of vegetarian haggis as sold by Morrison's. Slightly more palatable than the original version. Can't for the life of me remember what we offered as a suitable pudding but it definitely wasn't deep fried Mars Bars.

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

Being a Scottish landowner and Laird I always celebrate Burn's Night fully. Though couldn't have the usual number of guests yesterday due to covid restrictions though. Still enjoyed a haggis with neeps and tatties dinner and plenty of scotch whisky though!

"Being a Scottish landowner and Laird I always celebrate Burn's Night fully. Though couldn't have the usual number of guests yesterday due to covid restrictions though. Still enjoyed a haggis with neeps and tatties dinner and plenty of scotch whisky though! "

So you bought a square foot of Caithness

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

"Being a Scottish landowner and Laird I always celebrate Burn's Night fully. Though couldn't have the usual number of guests yesterday due to covid restrictions though. Still enjoyed a haggis with neeps and tatties dinner and plenty of scotch whisky though!

So you bought a square foot of Caithness "

NO!

")

NO!"

I did buy the wife a square foot of the Isle of Sanday for her 50th. Then again, she did always like to be called My lady, or Mistress LOL.

Gave the Burns supper a bye yesterday though. Much as I quite like Haggis now (I never used to) funny how tastes change, or it could have been my mother’s cooking. She who must be obeyed doesn't like Haggis at all.

Add a new message to this topic