New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login364719 members (1 yesterday), private messages

cottaging.co.uk > Forums > Stories and fantasies > dreaming while dreaming

See newest message in thread

dreaming while dreaming

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

@private mail, +add as contact

iam not sure what this is called, but I do know it has a name, last night I fell into a deep sleep and started to dream' not a good dream' someone was trying to kill me in a locked room (and many would what to try..lol) but I part woke up and started to dream while I was dreaming' but I could hear myself screaming for help and banging on some door, it was so odd and not very nice I can tell you...it was the dog barking that woke me up and boy was I pleased he did,. does anyone know what a dream like that is called....ps....its not called being insane or mad.....lol.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hesauceror  (M)  over a year ago

Mental paralysis.

I don't suffer with depression

It's when your brain 'partly' wakes-up, probably due to the nature of your dream. The remainder of the brain is still asleep and therefore, you cannot control / move your body. The brain is urgently trying to make sense of what's going on. You are therefore 'mentally' paralysed. Totally harmless and mostly very short-term (minutes).

"It's when your brain 'partly' wakes-up, probably due to the nature of your dream. The remainder of the brain is still asleep and therefore, you cannot control / move your body. The brain is urgently trying to make sense of what's going on. You are therefore 'mentally' paralysed. Totally harmless and mostly very short-term (minutes). "

..ok thanks, this went on for a good half hour I think' but if as you say the brain part wakes up time is nothing..

It's the bit where 'the brain is urgently trying to make sense of what's going on' that can create a second dream scenario. You've got nothing to be concerned about.

It could well have lasted half an hour. It just usually only lasts minutes. The human brain is an amazing and complex thing. Enjoy your dreams!

*tephanie_cd By *tephanie_cd   profile verified by photo (TV/TS/CD)  over a year ago

S dutch psychotrist calle Van Eeden studied this in the 1900s and called it Lucid dreaming

iam not concerned at all, it was just not a very nice thing to go through, did my head in at the time and could not get back to sleep, but did keep the light on for the rest of the night....lol.... ..thanks

By *ob58  (M)  over a year ago

i dont think dreams mean anything, just ur brain fucking wiv u..but this is my opinion...but i do like sex dreams

"S dutch psychotrist calle Van Eeden studied this in the 1900s and called it Lucid dreaming"

Spot on !

"i dont think dreams mean anything, just ur brain fucking wiv u..but this is my opinion...but i do like sex dreams"

...lol..I do think some dreams mean some things' its the brain has to store so much info and make some sense when you sleep, and its the working it all out that can go wrong..

I get sleep paralysis, sometimes my whole body feels like its gonna cum, it never lasts, or I wanna change position and can't, but its kinda like bondage, although as ur half dreaming you can see some pretty scary things if you think about it

"I get sleep paralysis, sometimes my whole body feels like its gonna cum, it never lasts, or I wanna change position and can't, but its kinda like bondage, although as ur half dreaming you can see some pretty scary things if you think about it"

Even better in hand-cuffs ! lol

By *ane678  (M)  over a year ago

i had it once was the freakest thing ever, i was asleep and could hear my friends voice but then i woke up and was looking around my room but there was no one there, however i couldnt move, nor speak properly and he voice got closer and closer and god i was scared

*rad123 By *rad123  (M)  over a year ago

that was me watching u lol

who have you been watching this time brad, you can get in to trouble for that.....lol

I have crazy dreams almost every night, only last night I woke up and I was hallucinating. I saw my doppleganger at the side of my bed trying to sell me tickets to a theatre show lol, I rolled over went back to sleep, then had a wet dream :p

"iam not sure what this is called, but I do know it has a name, last night I fell into a deep sleep and started to dream' not a good dream' someone was trying to kill me in a locked room (and many would what to try..lol) but I part woke up and started to dream while I was dreaming' but I could hear myself screaming for help and banging on some door, it was so odd and not very nice I can tell you...it was the dog barking that woke me up and boy was I pleased he did,. does anyone know what a dream like that is called....ps....its not called being insane or mad.....lol. "

"iam not sure what this is called, but I do know it has a name, last night I fell into a deep sleep and started to dream' not a good dream' someone was trying to kill me in a locked room (and many would what to try..lol) but I part woke up and started to dream while I was dreaming' but I could hear myself screaming for help and banging on some door, it was so odd and not very nice I can tell you...it was the dog barking that woke me up and boy was I pleased he did,. does anyone know what a dream like that is called....ps....its not called being insane or mad.....lol. "

I think when the body is not fully rested and he brain does not want it to be woken up, if an external noise likely to do that occurs then the mind will try to weave that noise into the "story" of the dream so that the brain is tricked into thinking it is part of this "dreamwork". if you wake up then the mind has failed; if you sleep on, then it has succeeded in letting you sleep on. All this will happen in a split second, as the noise occurs, even though the events of the dream will seem to be stretched out. If we wake it will all appear very vivid, yet a few moments later, if we don't write it down immediately, we have great trouble trying to recall any of it. Weird and wonderful, the workings of the brain/mind, eh?

"I think when the body is not fully rested and he brain does not want it to be woken up, if an external noise likely to do that occurs then the mind will try to weave that noise into the "story" of the dream so that the brain is tricked into thinking it is part of this "dreamwork". if you wake up then the mind has failed; if you sleep on, then it has succeeded in letting you sleep on. All this will happen in a split second, as the noise occurs, even though the events of the dream will seem to be stretched out. If we wake it will all appear very vivid, yet a few moments later, if we don't write it down immediately, we have great trouble trying to recall any of it. Weird and wonderful, the workings of the brain/mind, eh?

"

..and iam always the first to say, my mind is not always with it..i had the same dream again last night in the same order as well, but it did not scare me as much, but the light was on again all night.....lol

By *loryholelover69  (M)  over a year ago

I would prefer a WET DREAM anytime MMMmmmmmm

By *loryholelover69  (M)  over a year ago

I would prefer a WET DREAM anytime MMMmmmmmm

Add a new message to this topic